PDA

View Full Version : Lets get the next one absolutely RIGHT

hibeerealist
05-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Have seen all the names on bookies list, not particulary interested in what the bookies think. Some netters have put forward names that a lot of us would accept or support.
Thinking out the box here as we (Hibs and especially Rod) must get right as this chopping and changing is no good and pulls everyone down. Not sure if this guy would come, can we pay him enough (well I am sure Rod will be prepared to for THE right person who is happy to stay and see the job through - win win for all concerned) but we have a lot to offer;

First class stadium
First class Training facility
Top city
VERY promising youngsters (U19 and below)
Large support starved of success - majority of which probably don't attend games regularly - except semis and finals!!)
REAL opportunity for a top guy to get himself back into the game - one who has shown loyalty when successful

Rod, give Alan Curbishley a call, you know it makes sense.

Not pleased to see another manager go but Yogi was certainly going nowhere fast.

GGTTH

500miles
05-10-2010, 06:24 PM
For us to get a manager at a realistic wage, real potential to develop the club, and the desire to manage Hibs, we are reliant on young managers or the very rare likes of Brown, who is at the end of his career, and doing his job for little more than the joy of it, and a bit of pocket money.

For me, the man to take us forward is Jim Gannon if we can sell edinburgh to him and his family, and although O'Neill has already been dismissed as a cheap option, he's done well at his other clubs, and ,by all accounts, his team put on an admirable display against Juventus in both legs of the tie.

I wouldn't want Jimmy Calderwood, but I can understand why others would.

We can gamble on potential, or we can ensure ourselves as a sort of middle of the road team, with no aspirations of kicking on even if one of the OF stumble again.

I would rather gamble on potential.

Kaiser_Sauzee
05-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Why is Gannon continuing to be mentioned by some. Did he not fail at Motherwell?

500miles
05-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Why is Gannon continuing to be mentioned by some. Did he not fail at Motherwell?

Ganon came up against a few players that thought they were in with the bricks at Motherwell. Stephen Craigan being one of them, and Keith Lasley being another. He felt that they were under performing so he dropped them. This caused problems in the dressing room.

He brought in good youngsters. Giles Coke, Tom Hately, Chris Humphrey, Jutkiewicz, Ruddy, and Moutaouakil (currently without club....would have been a cracking signing if we didn't get Hart). Promising players, the latter 3 on loan.

Then he got the likes of Ross Forbes invovled.

He just gets youngsters, - of which we have plenty coming through - gives them a platform, works the players hard, has no qualms about putting a few noses out of joint -ideal when there is a lot of players off the books at the end of the year - has shown that he has good contacts in England.

It didn't work out at Motherwell. Issues with players who thought they knew better than the manager wasn't even the main issue. He was unwilling to move his family up here, and because of that, wouldn't sign a long term deal. Caused a bit of an arguement with the Motherwell board, and he went. That's why we have to sell Edinburgh to him and his family.

He went to relegation bound Peterborough afterwards and won more games in 11 tries, than the previous manager did in 28.

Parhaps mpre outspoken, but for me, he comes across as a John Collins type manager, with a decent track record to back him up, and an eye for a player.

His time at Stockport shows he has the vision and the ability to impliment it. Motherwell just didn't give him that platform.

Jonnyboy
05-10-2010, 07:56 PM
For us to get a manager at a realistic wage, real potential to develop the club, and the desire to manage Hibs, we are reliant on young managers or the very rare likes of Brown, who is at the end of his career, and doing his job for little more than the joy of it, and a bit of pocket money.

For me, the man to take us forward is Jim Gannon if we can sell edinburgh to him and his family, and although O'Neill has already been dismissed as a cheap option, he's done well at his other clubs, and ,by all accounts, his team put on an admirable display against Juventus in both legs of the tie.

I wouldn't want Jimmy Calderwood, but I can understand why others would.

We can gamble on potential, or we can ensure ourselves as a sort of middle of the road team, with no aspirations of kicking on even if one of the OF stumble again.

I would rather gamble on potential.

Guy's loopy and has fallen out with every chairman he's worked under

sahib
05-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Ganon came up against a few players that thought they were in with the bricks at Motherwell. Stephen Craigan being one of them, and Keith Lasley being another. He felt that they were under performing so he dropped them. This caused problems in the dressing room.

He brought in good youngsters. Giles Coke, Tom Hately, Chris Humphrey, Jutkiewicz, Ruddy, and Moutaouakil (currently without club....would have been a cracking signing if we didn't get Hart). Promising players, the latter 3 on loan.

Then he got the likes of Ross Forbes invovled.

He just gets youngsters, - of which we have plenty coming through - gives them a platform, works the players hard, has no qualms about putting a few noses out of joint -ideal when there is a lot of players off the books at the end of the year - has shown that he has good contacts in England.

It didn't work out at Motherwell. Issues with players who thought they knew better than the manager wasn't even the main issue. He was unwilling to move his family up here, and because of that, wouldn't sign a long term deal. Caused a bit of an arguement with the Motherwell board, and he went. That's why we have to sell Edinburgh to him and his family.

He went to relegation bound Peterborough afterwards and won more games in 11 tries, than the previous manager did in 28.

Parhaps mpre outspoken, but for me, he comes across as a John Collins type manager, with a decent track record to back him up, and an eye for a player.

His time at Stockport shows he has the vision and the ability to impliment it. Motherwell just didn't give him that platform.

I heard him on the radio punditing on Hamilton v Hibs last season and thought he knew what he was talking about. He explained why Hibs possession seemed to end with Hogg attempting, in vain, to launch a forty yard ball forward.

Ferryhibby
05-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Im getting sick already of the names being banded about personaly i dont care who it is the poor ******* has to work with that lazy shower and try and get them playing, i dont envy his task

leithsansiro
05-10-2010, 08:48 PM
I think his experience at Motherwell, no matter the reasons behind it, have probably sullied his reputation up here.

Tricla
05-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Have seen all the names on bookies list, not particulary interested in what the bookies think. Some netters have put forward names that a lot of us would accept or support.

:hmmm:

HibeeMG
05-10-2010, 09:04 PM
I think his experience at Motherwell, no matter the reasons behind it, have probably sullied his reputation up here.

There's also the fact that he was interviewed but passed over fir Yogi the last time. He seems the type that wouldn't appreciate that.

Back to the OP's suggestion. All the reasons given are sound (and pertain to a lot more managers than people think).

Alan Curbishley would be a great appointment.

Just like a lot of the better names bandied about, 'You don't know until you ask'.

They can only say no!