PDA

View Full Version : Paul Kane Speaks on Reporting Scotland

Kaiser_Sauzee
05-10-2010, 05:51 PM
On in a minute.

Kaiser_Sauzee
05-10-2010, 05:53 PM
"Rod Petrie should consider his future after successive failed managerial appointments"

poolman
05-10-2010, 05:55 PM
On in a minute.

Talking pish IMO

After Mowbray which obviously worked, the managers that Rod brought in were by and large the guys that the fans wanted

RP is still the man for the Job :agree:

HibeeMcGinn1
05-10-2010, 05:56 PM
"Rod Petrie should consider his future after successive failed managerial appointments"

Successive failed appointments? Mogga wasnt a fail and I dont think JC was either. If it wasnt for Petrie this club wouldnt be in such a great position financially.

jonny
05-10-2010, 05:58 PM

unfortunately "storytime" was on cbeebies and i didnt want a fight with the kids that close to bedtime so i didnt get a chance to hear what he said.
is the above a direct quote? a bit close to the bone - what else was he saying. was a big fan of kano in my youth.

DarlingtonHibee
05-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Talking pish IMO

After Mowbray which obviously worked, the managers that Rod brought in were by and large the guys that the fans wanted

Agree 100%

Great player, but this was poor stuff from Paul

Things are not great at present, and the choice moving forward is limited, but at least we are in very safe hands with RP and STF

Kevvy1875
05-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Kano, stop talking pish....

Just what the club needs eh?....ffs:grr:

Spike Mandela
05-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Kano on Radio Scotland NOW discussing it with Chick Young.

Wilson
05-10-2010, 06:09 PM

Sounds like there could be more slavering in that encounter than is healthy.

Judas Iscariot
05-10-2010, 06:10 PM
I think he's right..

Or got a valid point at the least..

Matty_Jack04
05-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Paul kane back on the sauce??

RP defo the man for the job

DarlingtonHibee
05-10-2010, 06:13 PM
I think he's right..

So who would you have to replace Rod Petrie ?

basehibby
05-10-2010, 06:14 PM

Is there a live feed somwhere:confused:

Judas Iscariot
05-10-2010, 06:15 PM

Alan Sugar?

Richard Branson?

Bill Gates?

Bono?

Hibby70
05-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Karren Brady

The_Todd
05-10-2010, 06:20 PM

Steve Jobs. He'd rename us iHibs and have us win the domestic treble by 2015.

Keith_M
05-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Karren Brady

Yes Please.

:drool:

Beefster
05-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Successive failed appointments? Mogga wasnt a fail and I dont think JC was either. If it wasnt for Petrie this club wouldnt be in such a great position financially.

Without dismissing the job that Rodders has done, that's just not true. Ignoring the fact that he was in charge as the debt was racked up, any decent CEO would have been able to sell the car park and the young players we developed.

EasterRoad4Ever
05-10-2010, 06:45 PM
I think he's right..

:agree: So do I. Petrie is a been counter par excellence, but his record of finding the right man for the Managers position is mixed at best. Petrie needs help to bring the right balance between the finances and football.

Bostonhibby
05-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Paul Kane's a goody hibby in the same sense that the last god knows how many managers were, we should continue to respect him for what he did & will do for the club, and when he speaks I want to listen.

The difference between manager, ex player and ex player who is / was manager and Petrie is that he has to make all the big decisions, he seems to get the key money ones right that enables the football part to go on, and I think that when it comes to matters Hibernian he is not that different from the ex players, its just that talk, however well intentioned in cheap.

Petrie's halo might be slipping on the managerial selection side though and I hope that he and whoever is advising him get it right this time.

marinello59
05-10-2010, 07:04 PM
kanos a cock.

Geezus.:bitchy:

Jonnyboy
05-10-2010, 07:05 PM
kanos a cock.

No he's not. He's a Hibs fan with an opinion. May differ from yours but tough tatties

HFC 0-7
05-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Talking pish IMO

I am not saying that RP should be emptied, but, saying that because the fans wanted the last managers RP should have signed them is nonsence. He gets paid big bucks for these sorts of decisions. If they fail, he should be accountable. If Rod Petrie done what the fans wanted, he would be taking much less of a wage and there would have been mega bucks paid out on transfer fees.

Rod and co should be holding there hands up and take some of the blame for recent managerial failings as they are the ones that employed them. I know Rod took a bit offence when suggestions were made that a 'footballing' person should be used when appointing the next manager, but lets face it, Rod is the dogs when it comes to financial stuff, but is lacking with the footballing side of things.

steviehfc
05-10-2010, 07:07 PM
kanos a cock.Care to explain why? :bitchy:

hibbill2002
05-10-2010, 07:08 PM
kanos a cock.
That'll be two of you then.

Winston Ingram
05-10-2010, 07:39 PM

:greengrin

erin-go-bragh87
05-10-2010, 07:39 PM
I am not saying that RP should be emptied, but, saying that because the fans wanted the last managers RP should have signed them is nonsence. He gets paid big bucks for these sorts of decisions. If they fail, he should be accountable. If Rod Petrie done what the fans wanted, he would be taking much less of a wage and there would have been mega bucks paid out on transfer fees.

Rod and co should be holding there hands up and take some of the blame for recent managerial failings as they are the ones that employed them. I know Rod took a bit offence when suggestions were made that a 'footballing' person should be used when appointing the next manager, but lets face it, Rod is the dogs when it comes to financial stuff, but is lacking with the footballing side of things.

Then how does he win, theres always gonna be people that get on at him. The majority of fans wanted Mixu and Yogi and if he hadnt have appointed 1 or both of them I fear he would have been accused of not listening to the fans. I do agree with you though, maybe someone like Pat Stanton could have a kind of advisory roll when it comes to making footballing decisions like this, just an idea.

bighairyfaeleith
05-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Respect kanos opinion but he is so far off the mark here its no real IMO.

Also is Scott Lindsay not chief exec now? No one seems to ever mention him

1875 NO 1
05-10-2010, 07:47 PM

Please can you explain this

erin-go-bragh87
05-10-2010, 07:49 PM
[/B]

Surely you cant be doubting the way he has run the club financially???

alex74
05-10-2010, 07:59 PM
On in a minute.
paul kane is talking thru his nose if it wasent for rod cant imagine what mess we would be in hail the petrie fella and kano u keep ur hooter out of it keep pouring the pints

jdships
05-10-2010, 08:05 PM
Sorry "Kano" you need to get back on the tablets :yawn::bye:

1875 NO 1
05-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Surely you cant be doubting the way he has run the club financially???
Allow the debt to approach £20m. Sell car park and all our players. We still have £6m debt. We now have an exec chairman and chief exec and for the last 3 seasons we have operating losses of £5m.

Also,the first paid chairman in clubs history. We cant afford to have Rod and Scott Lyndsay.

This year we will probably loose upto £2m and still have to find £1.5m to pay for east stand.................when we were told the money was ring fenced for the stand. And to cover the cost of paying off another manager.

How is the financial genius going to cover operating losses when there is no family silver left to sell.

1875 NO 1
05-10-2010, 08:11 PM
paul kane is talking thru his nose if it wasent for rod cant imagine what mess we would be in hail the petrie fella and kano u keep ur hooter out of it keep pouring the pints

Kano is a season ticket holder at £1000 a pop. That entitles you to an opinion.

We are in a big mess I'd hate to see how it could get worse. A mess created by Mr Petrie

keep the faith
05-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Nonsense. Petrie's tough transfer negociating and business balls have resulted in us having a training centre the envy of the country, stadium the best outside Glasgow and spending on players when no one else was. The managers he brought in were great picks and very few complained about them at the time. You can't legislate for things not wotking out.

He also deserves kudos for taking action quickly when it was apparent yogi and mixu were not the men.

Mowbray set the template for a young enthusiastic manager full of energy and of course it made sense for him to follow that criteria again. I remember hearing him a few years ago saying he would never appoint a manager who was not taking on his biggest role. In other words, no jaded journeymen. I wonder if that criteria is diluted a bit now?

In rod I certainly trust.

erskine-hibby
05-10-2010, 08:36 PM

Have said the same thing for many years now.
Rod has been the teflon man for a long time now simply because he has, on the whole, done a decent job of the clubs finances. He has though made many mistakes that, in my opinion, have led to us going through as many managers as we have had recently. This also affects the team as a whole, so in that sense he has failed.
In a nut shell Kano could very well be right.

clerriehibs
05-10-2010, 08:56 PM
[/B]

What's to explain? :confused:

HibbyAndy
05-10-2010, 08:58 PM
What's to explain :confused:

Explain how many ways id ride your Avatar :cool2:

clerriehibs
05-10-2010, 09:01 PM
Explain how many ways id ride your Avatar :cool2:

I just thought the dress was a nice shade of green ... :agree:

alex74
05-10-2010, 09:14 PM

We are in a big mess I'd hate to see how it could get worse. A mess created by Mr Petrie
dont know were ur getting we are in a big mess have you had a look at most clubs in scotland .also he has got top doller over the years for players so keep up the good work rod suppose u have a point about kano:notworthy:

Criswell
05-10-2010, 10:37 PM
I am amazed at the number of people who still stick blindly to the belief that the club, under the stewardship of Petrie, are in financial rude health. it may have been true a few years ago, but is this still the case? Figures released in recent annual accounts suggest not. Turnover continues to decline and operating losses continue to mount.

Removed
05-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Also is Scott Lindsay not chief exec now? No one seems to ever mention him

Mikey does..............regularly

:greengrin

jacomo
05-10-2010, 10:58 PM
I am amazed at the number of people who still stick blindly to the belief that the club, under the stewardship of Petrie, are in financial rude health. it may have been true a few years ago, but is this still the case? Figures released in recent annual accounts suggest not. Turnover continues to decline and operating losses continue to mount.

:agree:

"Rock solid" is not the phrase I'd use to describe our last two years. To be fair, though, attendances are falling across Scotland, but Hibs must be worrying about how they get turnover going in the right direction again.

matty_f
05-10-2010, 11:10 PM

"Rock solid" is not the phrase I'd use to describe our last two years. To be fair, though, attendances are falling across Scotland, but Hibs must be worrying about how they get turnover going in the right direction again.

The best way to get the turnover going in the right direction is to put a winning team on the park. We'll get a lift from a new manager coming in, people's enthusiasm will return (providing the appointment catches the imagination), and with it so will the crowds.

The danger is that we hire someone like Calderwood, where there are already prejudices against him based on what we know of his managerial time elsewhere. The wrong manager, or one that divides the support, could actually prove even more costly and reduce turnover more.

Heckys Wheel
06-10-2010, 01:35 AM
The best way to get the turnover going in the right direction is to put a winning team on the park. We'll get a lift from a new manager coming in, people's enthusiasm will return (providing the appointment catches the imagination), and with it so will the crowds.

The danger is that we hire someone like Calderwood, where there are already prejudices against him based on what we know of his managerial time elsewhere. The wrong manager, or one that divides the support, could actually prove even more costly and reduce turnover more.

Calderwood has a good record. However, every club he's been at, the fans have hated him. I don't know if that's hoofball or his manner but nobody seems to like him despite over-achieving at Dunfermline, Aberdeen and Killie.

Don't think he'd be the right appointment even if he could replicate his successes here.

It's sad that our managerial appointments have to take into account the feelings of people who have next to zero experience in football and are edging ever closer to being labelled the "Worst fans in football", but the board have recognised this and have acted to appease these guys with Ex-player appointments.

Let's hope they can find somebody who is capable of doing a job but also passes the stringent "Good guy, **** test", put in place by the masses.

Good guy: Ex Hibs who didn't move to the OF. Non ex-OF who have strung a few wins together.
****: Ex-OF, Anybody who's not "Hibs class"

hibee4life1983
06-10-2010, 01:48 AM
Its his opinion but its a tad flawd. Rods the man, hotrod, rodimus prime, the iron tache, in rod we trust.

Dashing Bob S
06-10-2010, 02:56 AM
In a dilemma here. I love Kano and Rod. I'm calling this one a score draw and saying both are preferable to Gary MacKay and George Foulkes.

Beefster
06-10-2010, 06:04 AM

Good points, Matty. More than ever, we need an appointment who can arrest the decline AND inspire the fans with his chat and the way he wants to play the game.

I don't think I've felt properly inspired by what a new manager has had to say since the day Mowbray took over.

Jack
06-10-2010, 07:39 AM
Without dismissing the job that Rodders has done, that's just not true. Ignoring the fact that he was in charge as the debt was racked up, any decent CEO would have been able to sell the car park and the young players we developed.

I think that’s a tad unfair. The club, those running it, were only doing what all clubs thought was the way to go with huge TV monies expected ad infinitum. We were fortunate to have the car park and the golden generation to clear the decks but other clubs had similar resources and could have done a lot better financially for the long term futures of their club – not looking at any clubs in particular.

Now while clubs wallow with rented training facilities; crumbling stadia; crippling debt and unsure about their futures Hibs can confidently plan for the future without looking over their back for the tax man.

Then how does he win, theres always gonna be people that get on at him. The majority of fans wanted Mixu and Yogi and if he hadnt have appointed 1 or both of them I fear he would have been accused of not listening to the fans. I do agree with you though, maybe someone like Pat Stanton could have a kind of advisory roll when it comes to making footballing decisions like this, just an idea.

I agree with this but I’m sure Pat, and others, will have the ear of Rod, and the others, who will make the decision.

As for Kano. I never heard the interview. His heart is undoubtedly a hib and his blood runs green, he loves our club.

johnrebus
06-10-2010, 08:00 AM
I don't understand why Paul Kane is copping such abuse (and personal abuse at that) for calling it as he sees it.

One of his main points last night was about how Petrie handled the 'mutiny' of the players towards John Collins.

Inviting players to his (Petrie) house, behind the back of the manager, was a disgusting thing to do and remains so. As Kano said, if he can do it once he can do it again and is not a man to be trusted.

Paul Kane is 100% correct IMHO.

hibsbollah
06-10-2010, 08:39 AM
On in a minute.

The man is barely understandable. And wrong. Petrie has to 'consider his position'??:bye:

Pretty Boy
06-10-2010, 08:59 AM

Only after being ousted by his own board and being brought back a couple of years later.

topcat!
06-10-2010, 09:14 AM
I don't understand why Paul Kane is copping such abuse (and personal abuse at that) for calling it as he sees it.

One of his main points last night was about how Petrie handled the 'mutiny' of the players towards John Collins.

Inviting players to his (Petrie) house, behind the back of the manager, was a disgusting thing to do and remains so. As Kano said, if he can do it once he can do it again and is not a man to be trusted.

Paul Kane is 100% correct IMHO.

Agree 100% - Rod Petrie had and still has an open door policy to the players, how can you expect someone to control the players and deal with them when all they do is head straight to Petries' office and welcomed with open arms!!

He made a huge mistake with John Collins and has made the same with John Hughes, John Hughes went to Rod Petrie after the debacle in the changing rooms at St Johnstone and asked for full control of the team including the punishments especially for the players who just either walked out of training or couldnt be bothered turning up on time. Rod Petrie refused point blank as he wanted to keep control. In my opinion this is wrong!! And this, from what i can gather was last straw for both parties.

Dont get me wrong the results just wasnt happening, but if you cant get the players to commit your on a losing battle staright away.

John Hughes is relieved its over and so is his family, i know for fact that his wife Bev was getting abuse in the street from so called 'Hibs Fans' and this in my opinion is disgusting.

15 months is no time for a manger, we should have weeded out the players who continually went behind his back and Rod should have told the players to piss off from his door and go see the manager!!!

I wish John all the best for his next appointment!!

Pretty Boy
06-10-2010, 09:17 AM
Agree 100% - Rod Petrie had and still has an open door policy to the players, how can you expect someone to control the players and deal with them when all they do is head straight to Petries' office and welcomed with open arms!!

He made a huge mistake with John Collins and has made the same with John Hughes, John Hughes went to Rod Petrie after the debacle in the changing rooms at St Johnstone and asked for full control of the team including the punishments especially for the players who just either walked out of training or couldnt be bothered turning up on time. Rod Petrie refused point blank as he wanted to keep control. In my opinion this is wrong!! And this, from what i can gather was last straw for both parties.

Dont get me wrong the results just wasnt happening, but if you cant get the players to commit your on a losing battle staright away.

John Hughes is relieved its over and so is his family, i know for fact that his wife Bev was getting abuse in the street from so called 'Hibs Fans' and this in my opinion is disgusting.

15 months is no time for a manger, we should have weeded out the players who continually went behind his back and Rod should have told the players to piss off from his door and go see the manager!!!

I was no fan of Yogi but IF the part in bold is true then some people need to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror.

StevieC
06-10-2010, 09:29 AM
Allow the debt to approach £20m. Sell car park and all our players. We still have £6m debt. We now have an exec chairman and chief exec and for the last 3 seasons we have operating losses of £5m.

Of course it could be viewed that, knowing he had the car park and a crop of promising youngsters as back-up, he tried the "speculate-to-accumulate" route that supporters are always shouting about. I mean, even now you hear supporters shouting about spending big bucks to bring in a proven manager. Where do people think these "big bucks" come from? The answer is they don't, they are more than likely added to the debt.

And there may well have been operating losses but we were still in the market when Stokes became available, and we were also able to entice Deek back.
So not exactly sure what you are saying, to be honest? Should we be spending less on players and staff to stop the operating loses?

:dunno:

GreenPJ
06-10-2010, 10:23 AM

Am showing my ignorance here but what was the incident at St Johnstone in the changing rooms? Was this Saturday or following on from the 5-1 debacle?

I agree with your sentiments that RP should not provide an opportunity for players to go behind the managers back although sadly if you have lost the players (or at least some of the key ones) then its always easier to change one person (the manager) than it is to change half a team.

allezsauzee
06-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Calderwood has a good record. However, every club he's been at, the fans have hated him. I don't know if that's hoofball or his manner but nobody seems to like him despite over-achieving at Dunfermline, Aberdeen and Killie.

Don't think he'd be the right appointment even if he could replicate his successes here.

It's sad that our managerial appointments have to take into account the feelings of people who have next to zero experience in football and are edging ever closer to being labelled the "Worst fans in football", but the board have recognised this and have acted to appease these guys with Ex-player appointments.

Let's hope they can find somebody who is capable of doing a job but also passes the stringent "Good guy, **** test", put in place by the masses.

Good guy: Ex Hibs who didn't move to the OF. Non ex-OF who have strung a few wins together.
****: Ex-OF, Anybody who's not "Hibs class"

For over-achieving at Dunfermline and Aberdeen read over spending. Left both clubs with an inflated wage bill that subsequent managers had to deal with. Killie avoided relegation by a bawhair and I'm pretty sure he didnt improve their position.

RIP
06-10-2010, 12:38 PM
Collins left 'cos he wasn't the boss

Mixu spoke in the Sun last month and said something similar about trying to work with his hands tied behind his back

Hughes - similar stories are coming out the woodwork

Time for Rod to retire from the playing side completely - he's screwing up every managerial appointment.

Time for more fans to take the rose-coloured specs off their eyes.

In everything to do with the football side of our business = Rod is not the solution

Our last 3 managers would be more likely to cite him as the problem

matty_f
06-10-2010, 12:44 PM

Mixu spoke in the Sun last month and said something similar about trying to work with his hands tied behind his back

Time for Rod to but out of the playing side completely - he's screwing up every managerial appointment.

In everything to do with the football side of our business = Rod is not the solution

That's nonsense. Collins walked after the club couldn't fund any more transfers. What was the outcome of Petrie's discussions with the players? Was Collins asked to tone it down, or were the players told to tow the line? I've read a lot of stuff about that period, but have never found an answer to that one.

Mixu exhausted his budget, and he was afforded a fair amount. What are we saying Petrie's input was in Mixu's time in charge, and how is that suggestion backed up?

Again, Yogi appeared to have divisions in his dressing room, how was this Petrie's fault, and where is the tangible evidence to show that he was the problem?

hibee92
06-10-2010, 12:54 PM
That's nonsense. Collins walked after the club couldn't fund any more transfers. What was the outcome of Petrie's discussions with the players? Was Collins asked to tone it down, or were the players told to tow the line? I've read a lot of stuff about that period, but have never found an answer to that one.

Mixu exhausted his budget, and he was afforded a fair amount. What are we saying Petrie's input was in Mixu's time in charge, and how is that suggestion backed up?

Again, Yogi appeared to have divisions in his dressing room, how was this Petrie's fault, and where is the tangible evidence to show that he was the problem?

everything's Petrie's fault... PETRIE! :grr: :greengrin

I do agree with you though :agree:

And think Paul is talking complete Colin Nish, Petrie's definately the man for the job, if unsuccessful managerial appointments continue... maybe he should take a back seat in future appointment processes, but by all means he shouldn't be even considering leaving and would be sorely missed IMO :agree:

ahibby
06-10-2010, 01:07 PM
I don't know whether RP or Scott Lindsay are the men for the jobs but I do think there are things which are just not right behind the scenes. There were hints that RP didn't handle the JC situation to well and successive managers have failed despite keeping us in the top six (which is weird in itself).

basehibby
06-10-2010, 01:11 PM

Don't you read the papers??? Have a look at Dundee - or Hearts and Rangers for that matter - to see just how much worse things could be (I know the huns are title holders but £50M + debts to HMRC is plenty of mess!).

Kano may have raised a valid point in that Petrie's managerial selections have sometimes been found wanting, but it's plain nonsense to say the club's in a mess - as you know, the club's on a firm financial footing with all infrastructure in place. The only mess right now is on the pitch - admittedly the whole point of the club is playing football so it's imperative that this mess is sorted out, but if your going to point the finger at Petrie for managerial appointments then at least acknowledge the excellent work done in other departments or risk not being taken seriously at all.

keep the faith
06-10-2010, 01:28 PM

:agree: I know this ones been done to death ,but we seem to be back to the Collins player revolt again on this thread as a measure of Petrie. I still think its hugely blown out of preportion.

I work in emploment law and the natural process if you have a grievance with management is that you take it up with your manager (In that case it would have been JC). If the manager wont listen or act then the manager's manager is the next stop (Petrie). He has a legal requirement to listen. It was not mutiny but resolution. It is unfortunately the way things work now. The chances are Rod backed Collins, but in regards to him agreeing to meet the players - he would have been obliged!

matty_f
06-10-2010, 01:29 PM
:agree: I know this ones been done to death ,but we seem to be back to the Collins player revolt again on this thread as a measure of Petrie. I still think its hugely blown out of preportion.

I work in emploment law and the natural process if you have a grievance with management is that you take it up with your manager (In that case it would have been JC). If the manager wont listen or act then the manager's manager is the next stop (Petrie). He has a legal requirement to listen. It was not mutiny but resolution. It is unfortunately the way things work now. The chances are Rod backed Collins, but in regards to him agreeing to meet the players - he would have been obliged!

Far too sensible an answer. I remember raising that point at the time, but it's easy to ignore these things in favour of rolling out hyperbole about the situation.

emmjayfox
06-10-2010, 01:52 PM
"Kano is a season ticket holder at £1000 a pop."

i would want a seat in the dug out for that cash :greengrin

MrSmith
06-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Don't believe anyone in their right mind could blame Rod Petrie for this, maybe his choices of manager could have been less Hibs orientated? However we are in good shape and fit for purpose...and that in itself is a feat particularly in the footballing financial climate Hibs exist in.

As far as I recall, Rod Petrie was genuinely shocked when Collins walked. The look on his face and general demeanor was clear for all to see, shocked, perplexed, blindsided, unsure f what had occurred etc, etc.

Lets hope he is as diligent as he was when he got Mowbray.

emmjayfox
06-10-2010, 02:00 PM
At the time we signed Hughes as manager im pretty sure most hibs fans were delighted, hindsights a great thing.

silverhibee
06-10-2010, 02:00 PM

So what you are saying is that RP doesn't bother if the players turn up late or not turn up at all at training, dont believe this, Yogi had full control of the squad and with what went on at EMs, the manger allowed things to happen at Hibs with the players that eventually backfired on him, in my eyes one of Yogi's biggest mistake's was bringing Stokes to Hibs, Stokes done as he pleased at Hibs, he treated Hibs like a door mat and the manager allowed it to happen, Stokes was the cause of major disruption in the changing room amonst players right up to his last game at St Mirren, the manager should have dropped him from the team last year and told him, you dont tow the line you wont play, simple as that, and RP would have to deal wth it, Yogi picked the team for every game, not Petrie.
What happened in the changing rooms at St Johnstone.:confused: ???
For what i know the last straw was the manager failed to get a result at St Johnstone and the board decicded that the managers time was up as being the manager of Hibernian FC.

stu in nottingham
06-10-2010, 02:03 PM

I'm glad someone has remembered this.

silverhibee
06-10-2010, 02:09 PM
I was no fan of Yogi but IF the part in bold is true then some people need to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror.

Why would anyone give Yogi's wife abuse in the street, they must be yams,thats if what topcat is saying is the truth, i doubt it though. :wink:

silverhibee
06-10-2010, 02:35 PM

Time for Rod to retire from the playing side completely - he's screwing up every managerial appointment.

Nothing to do with results the three managers were getting at the time they left the club, yes i know JC won us a cup, but i think RP backed these managers with a good budget to bring in players, some good some pretty bad, they all knew what they were getting in to when they took over the job, JC signings were very poor, he didn't have a good eye for scouting players, maybe Petrie was right not to give him any more funds after seeing some of his signings on the park, Mixu brought in Deeks and Bamba good signings, results were poor in the end thats why he was removed from the club, Yogi, Stokes Miller Brown De Graff, all will be top earners at ER, obviously not Stokes now, but once again, in the end results were poor and the manager had to go, they can have no complaints,Petrie backed them all with budgets that at the time they were happy to accept.
Last chance saloon for Rod Petrie, he has to get the next manager right, and if that means pushing the boat out a little he has to go for it.
Get it wrong and the fans will turn on him, were not that fickle.

silverhibee
06-10-2010, 02:43 PM

Petrie should never have agreed to the meeting in the first place Matty, but your right, no one seems to know the out come of meeting, as you say RP could have told them JC is the manager and you will get on with things while he is in charge.
I doubt wee will ever hear the truth.

matty_f
06-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Petrie should never have agreed to the meeting in the first place Matty, but your right, no one seems to know the out come of meeting, as you say RP could have told them JC is the manager and you will get on with things while he is in charge.
I doubt wee will ever hear the truth.

He had to meet them, though. Perhaps the way it happened was wrong, but the players had raised concerns to Collins, got no joy, they then had only one option which was to go above his head (i.e. to Petrie).

As Collins' manager, Petrie had an obligation to hear the concerns. At the end of the day, there was a situation that needed resolved. It was in everyone's interests (Collins included) to get that resolution. Petrie, in listening to the players, was in a position to mediate between the two parties.

silverhibee
06-10-2010, 02:50 PM

Not all the players though, maybe the captain and vice captain going to speak to Petrie, and the meeting should have taken place at the club not at Petries house.

oregonhibby
06-10-2010, 06:33 PM
I believe Broonie - what meeting!

KiddA
06-10-2010, 06:43 PM

Paul Kane has got way to much to say for himself and is like the Hibs version of Gary Mackay. Yes he played for Hibs but he is always in the media talking p#sh about something. He is also probably never paid for a ticket in his life to watch Hibs hence the similarities to Mackay.

Rod Petrie has done so much for our club so Paul stop talking p#sh because your mate got the sack. I take Paul Kanes comments with a pinch of salt and don't really care what he says as he is hardly a Hibs legend :rolleyes: Hibs fan yes like the rest of us :agree:

Boris
07-10-2010, 09:57 AM
Paul Kane has got way to much to say for himself and is like the Hibs version of Gary Mackay. Yes he played for Hibs but he is always in the media talking p#sh about something. He is also probably never paid for a ticket in his life to watch Hibs hence the similarities to Mackay.

Rod Petrie has done so much for our club so Paul stop talking p#sh because your mate got the sack. I take Paul Kanes comments with a pinch of salt and don't really care what he says as he is hardly a Hibs legend :rolleyes: Hibs fan yes like the rest of us :agree:

Whether you agree or not with what Paul said is fair enough - everybody is entitled to their opinion. Paul, through contacts he has, was able to put his thoughts across in the media. Never claimed to be speaking for anybody but himself - just another supporter who cares deeply about his club. Your comments as highlighted in bold are way out of order though. I've no idea whether Gary Mackay pays for his tickets or not but I know for a fact that Paul has several season tickets of his own (used by himself & daughters & friends) - all bought & paid for. They are in the East Stand, adjacent to the seats held by the Ex-Players' Association (also bought & paid for by the way by the Association) which Paul works tirelessly for. Kano ain't no freeloader. And I'll not embarass him with any details but for what Kano did over wee MIck McGhee's funeral arrangements at the same time as he had his own family berievement he is a legend as a Hibee in my eyes & many more. Agree or disagree with what he said by all means but lets lay off the ill-informed, personal abuse.

smurf
07-10-2010, 10:07 AM

Have a word with yourself. Lies. You should be ashamed.

Edinburgh Green
07-10-2010, 10:10 AM
Well said Boris.

steviehibsleith
07-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Good post Boris agree with you about Kano good guy pays for tickets and was just his view he gave in the interview.

Phil MaGlass
07-10-2010, 11:13 AM

Youre so out of order on this one its dazzling, saying he is basically freeloading is laughable he is one of the few who really bust a gut for Hibs (like Hughes) and is a player who wants only the best for the club, I dont think I have ever said this to anyone on the Hibsnet as its a cringeworthy saying, but, are you a YAM.

Stevie Reid
07-10-2010, 11:17 AM
I remember Jim Duffy took Kano on trial when we had absolutely no midfield in the relegation season, only to pass on him. The following season Kano went to Europe with St. Johnstone and we were in the first division.

Thanks again, Jim.

KiddA
07-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Youre so out of order on this one its dazzling, saying he is basically freeloading is laughable he is one of the few who really bust a gut for Hibs (like Hughes) and is a player who wants only the best for the club, I dont think I have ever said this to anyone on the Hibsnet as its a cringeworthy saying, but, are you a YAM.

Oh that old chest nut am I a yam. That's fighting talk and I hate keyboard hardmen. Say what you like but I am pretty far from being a yam example I am getting married this month on the 22nd let's see if that rings any bells in your head.

Hope that clears everything up oh and another thing do you agree with his comments about Rod? As I think he is talking p#sh about him stepping down after everything he has done for our club which is a hell of a lot more than Paul Kane

KiddA
07-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Whether you agree or not with what Paul said is fair enough - everybody is entitled to their opinion. Paul, through contacts he has, was able to put his thoughts across in the media. Never claimed to be speaking for anybody but himself - just another supporter who cares deeply about his club. Your comments as highlighted in bold are way out of order though. I've no idea whether Gary Mackay pays for his tickets or not but I know for a fact that Paul has several season tickets of his own (used by himself & daughters & friends) - all bought & paid for. They are in the East Stand, adjacent to the seats held by the Ex-Players' Association (also bought & paid for by the way by the Association) which Paul works tirelessly for. Kano ain't no freeloader. And I'll not embarass him with any details but for what Kano did over wee MIck McGhee's funeral arrangements at the same time as he had his own family
berievement he is a legend as a Hibee in my eyes & many more. Agree or disagree with what he said by all means but lets lay off the ill-informed, personal abuse.

I'm sorry if I upset you in my comments about Kano I just don't like the way he comes across with his comments about Rod. I know he is a good Hibby like the rest of us but what Rod has done for the club has been second to none. Also after reading your other stuff on Kano I take back half of what I wrote. I just think some ex players in the media go way over the top sometimes.

Niffy
07-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Kano's still in the pet after Alex Miller didn't re-sign him.
I THINK it was at Geebsie's Testimonial dinner that he was following him about , and was told to clear off a few times.

HibbyAndy
07-10-2010, 03:39 PM
:singing: Kano Kano Kano Kano :singing:

Still remember that Heider at Pinkcastle :cool2: