:dunno:what!

HibbyAndy
05-10-2010, 04:40 PM
:dunno:what!

For the job :greengrin

Nae compensation and a Hibs man :thumbsup:

Purehibee_MYB
05-10-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm in the party that believes we shouldn't have a hibs man this time... Steve Clarke for me or Billy Stark!

Craig_in_Prague
05-10-2010, 06:03 PM
When did Evans joins Hibs to coach? Was he brought in by Collins?

Just wondered, because the next manager should talk in depth to Gareth IMO, coz surely he'll know exactly who the slackers are etc. I know the new manager will make his own mark on things, but Evans has been close to the 1st team now over the last few years (which have been mostly dissapointing), and thus he must have some valuable insight...

HibbyAndy
05-10-2010, 06:13 PM
When did Evans joins Hibs to coach? Was he brought in by Collins?

Just wondered, because the next manager should talk in depth to Gareth IMO, coz surely he'll know exactly who the slackers are etc. I know the new manager will make his own mark on things, but Evans has been close to the 1st team now over the last few years (which have been mostly dissapointing), and thus he must have some valuable insight...

Good post :agree:

And yeah Evans was brought in by Collins .

Matty_Jack04
05-10-2010, 06:16 PM
I hope Evans does well in his short spell but i defo dont think he's up to the job full time, another one who could benefit from working with an experienced manager.

really hope he's kept on tho, not sure of his coaching ability but I think a hibs man has to be around somewhere about team

:notworthy:

KeithTheHibby
05-10-2010, 06:21 PM
I have always liked Gareth Evans and he must be doing something right at the club to have stayed during Mixu and Yogi's tenure.

Manager material? Who knows.

Wilson
05-10-2010, 06:22 PM
really hope he's kept on tho, not sure of his coaching ability but I think a hibs man has to be around somewhere about team

:notworthy:

Well if his coaching isn't up to scratch you'd get rid for a hibs man who can coach! Daft sentiment wont bring us success.

I'm sure though that Evans is a very capable coach.

Westie1875
05-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Well if his coaching isn't up to scratch you'd get rid for a hibs man who can coach! Daft sentiment wont bring us success.

He must be, otherwise he wouldn't have lasted through 3 managers and still be around.

Good luck Gareth if you're still in charge for the next game.

WindyMiller
05-10-2010, 07:06 PM
I have always liked Gareth Evans and he must be doing something right at the club to have stayed during Mixu and Yogi's tenure.

Manager material? Who knows.

He was brought in by JC,and worked with Mixu and Yogi, so perhaps not the best person if we need a "root and branch" clear out.

Matty_Jack04
05-10-2010, 07:16 PM

seems to work not bad wi sir bobby charlton at man yoo, hows his coaching ability? :greengrin

see what u mean i just want evens to stay on really.

erin go bragh
05-10-2010, 08:15 PM
please no

HibeeMcGinn1
05-10-2010, 08:24 PM
If he stays with the club for the period of time I think he could be a future Hibs manager but not at the moment IMO.

Caversham Green
05-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Give him a couple of months as caretaker. It's what Reading did last year with McDermott when they were in a very similar position to where Hibs are now. He turned things round almost straight away (his second game in charge was a draw with Liverpool in the cup, and Reading won the replay at Anfield) and got the job full time. The change in the body language of the players was very noticeable.

Too risky or worth a try? :dunno:

HibeeMcGinn1
05-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Too risky or worth a try? :dunno:

I'd say a bit too risky. If it worked out then great well done Rodders but if it didn't then it would be another Hibby with a bit of a dodgy name even after a good/decent/great playing period with the cabbage. e.g Sauzee, Mixu, Yogi.

fatbloke
05-10-2010, 10:02 PM
I'd say a bit too risky. If it worked out then great well done Rodders but if it didn't then it would be another Hibby with a bit of a dodgy name even after a good/decent/great playing period with the cabbage. e.g Sauzee, Mixu, Yogi.

And your point is caller?

Suggestions then Josh?

sparkiehibs
05-10-2010, 10:02 PM
For the job :greengrin

Nae compensation and a Hibs man :thumbsup:

I think Gareth Evans will be a Great Hibs Manager one day but I dont think he is ready yet

Albion Hibs
05-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Wish him all the best if he is still in the role for the Killie game although I dont think he will be.

Think he would be doing the right thing to go back to reserve side and keep getting experience, lets be honest, he has seen and will see enough of them to learn from, will probably end up at Real Madrid.

Would not rule it out for him one day, if it is in 18 months time, then I think as a club we need to think about a director of football role. Who knows a larson style young manager with that position above them might work now.

HibeeMcGinn1
05-10-2010, 10:25 PM
And your point is caller?

Suggestions then Josh?

I'd take the job Charlie? Just finished 2nd on FIFA with them, although it was as a player manager so I'd need to purchase some boots.

Joking aside I'm completely lost as to who I want. If the Scala interest was full on and we could afford him them then I'd love that but I think that'd looking to high. What you thinking?

fatbloke
06-10-2010, 01:36 AM
I'd take the job Charlie? Just finished 2nd on FIFA with them, although it was as a player manager so I'd need to purchase some boots.

Joking aside I'm completely lost as to who I want. If the Scala interest was full on and we could afford him them then I'd love that but I think that'd looking to high. What you thinking?

1. Stevie Clarke
2. Tony Mowbray
3. Alan Curbishley
4. Martin O'Neill
5. David O'Leary
99. Jimmy Calderwood
100. Graeme Souness

drumatic44
06-10-2010, 07:15 AM
Anyone considered (preparing for flack now !!!!!) Alex Miller overseeing (director of football, type of deal) Michael O'Neill and Gareth Evans. After all he knows them well brought them both to the club as players and were both part of his two best sides.
Miller massive domestic and international experience just the guy to see the two of them through IMO. Hard working, stuck with the club through traumatic times (jeezo you think it's bad just now ,think back my friends) Mercer, Straiton etc.
worth a thought.
Allez les vertes.

Caversham Green
06-10-2010, 07:48 AM

That was kind of my thinking with the caretaker bit. Two months takes us to December - if he's done well he gets the chance to stay on, if things haven't improved the board's had good time to consider other options, while there's still enough time to turn the season round. Gareth can go back to coaching the reserves without a stain on his character.

Reading sacked Rodgers in December when they were third bottom having won only one home game since January. By the end of the season they were chasing a play-off place, so the turnaround was quite spectacular. Let's face it we don't have a lot to lose...

Steve-O
06-10-2010, 07:59 AM
NO :no way:

Caversham Green
06-10-2010, 08:11 AM
NO :no way:

That's what the Reading fans said about McDermott last December. Also "Cheap option", "No ambition", "Not going back" etc. etc.

Andy74
06-10-2010, 08:18 AM
If certain players aren't training or playing in the right manner what will Evans be able to do about it as manager if he hasn't managed to address it is a coach?

No thanks.

Caversham Green
06-10-2010, 08:39 AM
If certain players aren't training or playing in the right manner what will Evans be able to do about it as manager if he hasn't managed to address it is a coach?

No thanks.

You could have said exactly the same thing about the Reading players. They weren't performing and looked unfit and uninterested. With hindsight and hearing feedback from the players it was because they didn't like/respect/understand Rodgers and took to McDermott's leadership straight away because he had been working with them every day.

It might not work with GE at Hibs, but two months isn't a lot longer than he will get anyway and, as I say, we don't really have a lot to lose at the moment.

.Sean.
06-10-2010, 11:40 AM
The players do like Evans.

in-me-pocket
06-10-2010, 11:44 AM
seems to work not bad wi sir bobby charlton at man yoo, hows his coaching ability? :greengrin

see what u mean i just want evens to stay on really.

I'll give you 1/2, not evens.

Gatecrasher
06-10-2010, 11:48 AM
I like Evans, he is passionate about the club and has been in a coaching role for a few years however i wouldnt like to see him become the new manager, If we havent got anyone for the Killie game it will be interesting to see how we play under him though :agree: