PDA

View Full Version : If he would come then I want this guy!!

TRC
05-10-2010, 01:45 PM
Brian McClair. Ok no manager experience but was a great player. Has connections, a great mentor in Fergie, already working in youth development which with the new training centre would seem to be a match made in Hibee heaven(and Rods pocket). But probably wouldn't want to leave Man U. Just one of many I'd like to see at Hibs.

GloryGlory
05-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Brian McClair. Ok no manager experience but was a great player. Has connections, a great mentor in Fergie, already working in youth development which with the new training centre would seem to be a match made in Hibee heaven(and Rods pocket). But probably wouldn't want to leave Man U. Just one of many I'd like to see at Hibs.

Great players don't necessarily make great managers, though. Sounds like he's in a comfy niche at Man U, would he want the hassle of club management?

hibee4life1983
05-10-2010, 03:18 PM
You've lost it m8.

Spudster
05-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Brian McClair. Ok no manager experience but was a great player. Has connections, a great mentor in Fergie, already working in youth development which with the new training centre would seem to be a match made in Hibee heaven(and Rods pocket).
:bitchy:
30 games up front for Scotland, 2 goals. Couple of good seasons with Celtic tho to be fair.

Toaods
05-10-2010, 09:52 PM
with the connections he has, McClair would be a tremendous appointment.

He's waved goodbye at Old Trafford to bigger football assets than we've almost ever had so he wouldn't be afraid to tell some smart arse to hit the trail and he earned more money than we probably pay for half the regular first team.

Tremendous team man and quite articulate IIRC, albeit a bit dour.

Couldn;t see him leaving Man Utd fully but may be a good opportunity for him to gain some good managerial experience.

Ohhh and nearly forgot, more importantly, Sir Alex thinks he's fantastic - though many of the U20's on here won't be aware of that.

monktonharp
05-10-2010, 11:41 PM
with the connections he has, McClair would be a tremendous appointment.

He's waved goodbye at Old Trafford to bigger football assets than we've almost ever had so he wouldn't be afraid to tell some smart arse to hit the trail and he earned more money than we probably pay for half the regular first team.

Tremendous team man and quite articulate IIRC, albeit a bit dour.

Couldn;t see him leaving Man Utd fully but may be a good opportunity for him to gain some good managerial experience.

Ohhh and nearly forgot, more importantly, Sir Alex thinks he's fantastic - though many of the U20's on here won't be aware of that. eh naw. we dinnae do articulate.Collins knows that:wink: seriously though,why the f/ck would we/you want a guy that only works in the background at a rather large club where he can fade into the background, instead of a seasoned ,hard nosed pro,,,,,,which we are screaming out for??

Haymaker
06-10-2010, 12:14 AM
No chance... he wouldnt leave Utd.

iwasthere1972
06-10-2010, 12:21 AM
Well if we're throwing silly suggestions into the ring then how about Simon Cowell. He has bags of experience of managing useless untalented muppets and getting them to the top. Get him in now and we should be number one by Christmas.

TRC
06-10-2010, 12:24 AM
eh naw. we dinnae do articulate.Collins knows that:wink: seriously though,why the f/ck would we/you want a guy that only works in the background at a rather large club where he can fade into the background, instead of a seasoned ,hard nosed pro,,,,,,which we are screaming out for??

We've done it before (Mowbary) I do also think that the tried and tested old hard nose maybe what we need right now steady ship and all that. I also have seen some of the old school guys that have been banded about and none of them really stand out to me imho of course. I still think he could really be a great asset to our football club imho, If he had a steady guy next to him I think it would be a great appointment.