PDA

View Full Version : I don't get this big outpouring of sympathy

MB62
05-10-2010, 10:58 AM
There's been many comments on a few threads with fans sympathising with Yogi on his departure. This seems to be a change of attitude now that he has gone because several polls on here recently were big style in favour of the man going.
I have to say, I have absolutely no sympathy for him whatsoever as basically, he was a failure in the job.
I don't wish the man any ill will, and whatever else, he is still a Hibs fan like the rest of us, but to feel sorry for him for not doing the job to an acceptable level results wise, I just don't get it.

Let's remember when Yogi first took the job on at ER he made no bones about wanting to manage in the engerlish Championship or Premiership and would have left us if given the chance. Of course this would have meant he would have made a success of the Hibs job and we would all have been delighted, however, this didn't happen and the other side of the coin is failure and the boot, which is what happened.

His record as manager in 2010 is shocking and whilst he qualified for Europe, I still feel this was more by good fortune than good management.
In the last few weeks he had more than one pop at the fans re his comments of 'they know nothing about fitba' and the football people at the club know what I am trying to do' etc.

Sorry Yogi, you were given a chance to do what every HIbs supporter would love to do, but you didn't do it well enough. Possibly your hands were tied a bit in the transfer market but again you knew that when you took the job and you are no different to any other manager outside the OF in the SPL.

I am not going to jump for joy at somebody losing their job but if he had been any good at it, he wouldn't have lost it in the first place.

Sympathy! Nah, not from me, but happy to see you back at ER with your Hibs scarf on Yogi.

khib70
05-10-2010, 11:06 AM
There's been many comments on a few threads with fans sympathising with Yogi on his departure. This seems to be a change of attitude now that he has gone because several polls on here recently were big style in favour of the man going.
I have to say, I have absolutely no sympathy for him whatsoever as basically, he was a failure in the job.
I don't wish the man any ill will, and whatever else, he is still a Hibs fan like the rest of us, but to feel sorry for him for not doing the job to an acceptable level results wise, I just don't get it.

Let's remember when Yogi first took the job on at ER he made no bones about wanting to manage in the engerlish Championship or Premiership and would have left us if given the chance. Of course this would have meant he would have made a success of the Hibs job and we would all have been delighted, however, this didn't happen and the other side of the coin is failure and the boot, which is what happened.

His record as manager in 2010 is shocking and whilst he qualified for Europe, I still feel this was more by good fortune than good management.
In the last few weeks he had more than one pop at the fans re his comments of 'they know nothing about fitba' and the football people at the club know what I am trying to do' etc.

Sorry Yogi, you were given a chance to do what every HIbs supporter would love to do, but you didn't do it well enough. Possibly your hands were tied a bit in the transfer market but again you knew that when you took the job and you are no different to any other manager outside the OF in the SPL.

I am not going to jump for joy at somebody losing their job but if he had been any good at it, he wouldn't have lost it in the first place.

Sympathy! Nah, not from me, but happy to see you back at ER with your Hibs scarf on Yogi.
:agree:Yeah, I agree. It's been a bit like eliminations from the X-Factor, or a particularly sugary edition of Oprah.

I wish Yogi well for the future, and have said so on here. But some of the hand-wringing and greeting has been well over the top. The guy was a failure, endof.

blackpoolhibs
05-10-2010, 11:09 AM
He was a failure in the end, but he did give us a 4th place finish, and a European qualification. We have high standards these days.

HibeePaj
05-10-2010, 11:09 AM
i have sympathy for yogi, but the sympathy is for the fact that it never worked out for him here. I think the majority of hibs fans were happy with the decision that he was appointed the job and the majority were also happy that he left. I don't think they sympathise that 'he wasn't given enough time' or 'its only the start of the season'.

Im quite sure i speak for alot of fans when i say that i feel sorry for john hughes for the fact that he was unsuccessful at the club he loves.

paget

Peevemor
05-10-2010, 11:19 AM
I have a lot of sympathy for anyone that tries their best in a job but, for whatever reason, it doesn't work.

Lack of effort is a different story, but I don't think Yogi could be accused of that.

jonny
05-10-2010, 11:22 AM
i have sympathy for yogi, but the sympathy is for the fact that it never worked out for him here. I think the majority of hibs fans were happy with the decision that he was appointed the job and the majority were also happy that he left. I don't think they sympathise that 'he wasn't given enough time' or 'its only the start of the season'.

Im quite sure i speak for alot of fans when i say that i feel sorry for john hughes for the fact that he was unsuccessful at the club he loves.

paget

:agree::agree:

I was happy with his appointment as at the time he was a much loved former captain with his heart on his sleeve and Hibs in his blood. I was desperate for him to succeed.
I like him and do feel sympathy that it never worked out here.

In light of that I am in no doubt that he had to go as his failings in the post were draining the life out of the club and supporters.

Albion Hibs
05-10-2010, 11:58 AM

Did it ever cross your mind that they may be comments from fans who did not want yogi to go? Believe it or not we were not all calling for his head.

MB62
05-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Did it ever cross your mind that they may be comments from fans who did not want yogi to go? Believe it or not we were not all calling for his head.

Nope, never crossed my mind. I gave the Hibs support more credit than burying heads in the sand.
Shirley nobody could accept what we had to watch week after week after week thinking things would change.

Andy74
05-10-2010, 12:31 PM
It's called human decency is it not?

Captain Trips
05-10-2010, 12:39 PM

I think it's very simple, everybodys different so based on that I dont see how you don't get it, those people obviously feel different from you. Stating his record has nothing to do with it some are unhappy it didnt work out better, some did not like him, some thought ok, some thought great, totally understandable why there are threads of sympathy on here that he has gone.

maturehibby
05-10-2010, 12:44 PM
never ever have rated him and have said so many times on this site .
Even as Falkirk Manager I saw a nasty side of him by giving his so called fellow Hibees the V and GIRUY signs to us in the Lower West when this team came from 2-0 down to win 3-2 .
I for one wont be shedding any crocodile tears for him .
i will feel sorry for him in losing his job that he so much wanted but he was over promoted in my opinion and the Board must carry the can for appointing him in the first place .

Joe Baker II
05-10-2010, 01:33 PM

paget

Could not have put it better, although I thought Hughes was reasonable appointment last year and I myself would have given him a bit longer. Realise this is prorbably a minority view and I accept as he had probably lost support of majority of fans it was almost certainly time for him to go. Like Paatelanien's departure (whom I always saw as a yes-man Petrie appointment) take no pleasure in it though.

Joe Baker II
05-10-2010, 01:35 PM
never ever have rated him and have said so many times on this site .
Even as Falkirk Manager I saw a nasty side of him by giving his so called fellow Hibees the V and GIRUY signs to us in the Lower West when this team came from 2-0 down to win 3-2 .
I for one wont be shedding any crocodile tears for him .
i will feel sorry for him in losing his job that he so much wanted but he was over promoted in my opinion and the Board must carry the can for appointing him in the first place .

Not really sure can make judgement based on one reaction when managing another club.

CabbageFan
05-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Is this really called for? The majority of the fans wanted him to go - yes and in the end he has left, and he has left in the best interest of the club in the hope that someone can come in and turn it around for us. He tried his best and did not succeed and I for one wanted him to be a success as the Hibs manager. If you were a die hard hibbie managing the club, would you not yourself wish that you could do the best you could then be gutted that it didnt work out?

Why not have sympathy for the man? No he shouldnt have stayed and had longer to turn it around but I still feel sorry him.

Spike Mandela
05-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Both Yogi and Mixu left the club with a great deal of dignity IMO, more than can be said for the many who hurled vile abuse at them over the years.

I don't think it is sympathy being expressed I think it is respect for a man who gave his everything in the job but just came up short, recognised that and left in a professional manner.

Stevie Reid
05-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Both Yogi and Mixu left the club with a great deal of dignity IMO, more than can be said for the many who hurled vile abuse at them over the years.

I don't think it is sympathy being expressed I think it is respect for a man who gave his everything in the job but just came up short, recognised that and left in a professional manner.

Well said.

Thankfully there has been more goodwill from many posters in this mean spirited thread.

Twa Cairpets
05-10-2010, 03:40 PM

I'm sure you weren't down your neck of the woods.

LTYF

:jamboclow:trumpet:

Bookkeeper
05-10-2010, 03:48 PM

paget

:agree: Says it all for me too!

Manxhibs
05-10-2010, 03:51 PM
I was massively in favour in Yogi getting punted/leaving and now its happened I am optimistic we will move up the table. That doesnt mean I am not gutted for Yogi that it didnt work out, he is hibs through and through and just because he can not manage doesnt mean he doesnt deserve sympathy.

blackpoolhibs
05-10-2010, 04:00 PM
I was neither for or against Yogi when he was appointed. For what its worth, i don't see a lot of sympathy for him, just some folk saying thanks. Most think the right decision was made, but wish him well in the future. :confused:

hibiedude
05-10-2010, 04:50 PM

I agree with views and as I have said in another thread I was over the moon when I recieved a text from a mate telling me he was no longer the manager.

My only concern is the team moving forward under a new manager and getting points on the board.

Albion Hibs
05-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Nope, never crossed my mind. I gave the Hibs support more credit than burying heads in the sand.
Shirley nobody could accept what we had to watch week after week after week thinking things would change.

Had us finish 4th in the league, qualify for europe, and landed Hibs £1m for the sale of a player he brought in. I would suggest there was a fair amount to be thankful for during his short stint at Hibs - but then again I cant speak for you.

It's called human decency is it not?

Agreed mate, whilst Yogi was in charge I gave him my support just like I will the next manager. Whilst there is no way he will read the crap that gets written on here, his friends/family may - you never know. He will be about as sore as can be right now, was it not bad enought the abuse he got when he was at the club that some are still intent on handing it out?

I'm sure you weren't down your neck of the woods.

LTYF

Your a fool mate, why dont you do one.

mim
05-10-2010, 05:15 PM
While my overriding feeling is one of relief, it is not nice when anyone loses their job, especially a good Hibby.

YehButNoBut
05-10-2010, 05:26 PM
While my overriding feeling is one of relief, it is not nice when anyone loses their job, especially a good Hibby.

I never feel sorry for guys like Yogi when they lose their jobs, they have been well paid and usually walk away with a healthy pay off.

Reserve sympathy for the thousands of workers being made redundant these days and walk away with a pittance. :grr:

erskine-hibby
05-10-2010, 05:26 PM
He was a failure in the end, but he did give us a 4th place finish, and a European qualification. We have high standards these days.

He also gave us the worst home run EVER in our history.
Although I wanted him gone, because I didn't think he was up to it, I really wanted him to prove me and others wrong.
I take no joy in his failure because it is also a failure of the team and the club as a whole, but it was the right decision...albeit a tad late IMHO.

blackpoolhibs
05-10-2010, 05:52 PM
He also gave us the worst home run EVER in our history.
Although I wanted him gone, because I didn't think he was up to it, I really wanted him to prove me and others wrong.
I take no joy in his failure because it is also a failure of the team and the club as a whole, but it was the right decision...albeit a tad late IMHO.

Thats why i said in the end he failed, but he did have some success which i and others choose not to ignore.

Kevvy1875
05-10-2010, 06:01 PM

:top marks

Well done mate.

Felt like posting this myself last night or commenting on one of the other threads but didnt want to ruin the vibe for the Yogi love in that was going on.

Fair dues, Yogi is a nice guy and down to earth but he deserved to lose his job and that is the long and short of it Im afraid.

If people thought Yogi might read Hibs.net and these threads would cheer him up or something, then Im afraid you may be a little deluded as I am sure if it was me I would find it more than a little patronising.

Albion Hibs
05-10-2010, 07:02 PM

Well done mate.

Felt like posting this myself last night or commenting on one of the other threads but didnt want to ruin the vibe for the Yogi love in that was going on.

Fair dues, Yogi is a nice guy and down to earth but he deserved to lose his job and that is the long and short of it Im afraid.

If people thought Yogi might read Hibs.net and these threads would cheer him up or something, then Im afraid you may be a little deluded as I am sure if it was me I would find it more than a little patronising.

Its not about that it is about showing a little respect. It is possible friends and family may read - you goons did enough Yogi bashing when he was here - you have you wish, he is gone - how about you get a life and give it a rest.

Twa Cairpets
05-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Its not about that it is about showing a little respect. It is possible friends and family may read - you goons did enough Yogi bashing when he was here - you have you wish, he is gone - how about you get a life and give it a rest.

Goons now are we?

Hmmm

LTYF

Cropley10
05-10-2010, 07:16 PM

Some people were delighted he was in charge, others weren't - fairly obvious to me who's in which camp....

Cropley10
05-10-2010, 07:18 PM

Why don't you give it a rest? You wouldn't have lasted this long on JKB.:wink:

Albion Hibs
05-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Goons now are we?

Hmmm

LTYF

Dear Uber Hibs fan / biggest Hibs fan ever - yes, why wouldnt you be?

Albion Hibs
05-10-2010, 07:24 PM

What are you on about, why do I need to give it a rest. I was responding directly to the question that make up a thread - if it bothers you, dont read and dont reply - i genuinely do not care if you have an issue with what I say.

What is JKB?

Kevvy1875
05-10-2010, 07:27 PM

Goon? Yogi bashing?

You are clearly a 'open the gub before you think sort of guy'

Do a little research before you come out with the bold statements. You can read back through my posts and see for yourself all the 'Yogi bashing' I have done.

If you HAD bothered to do this then you would have actually read me DEFENDING him and Mixu for that matter. Some of the abuse aimed at them for reasons other than their managing talents or lack of it was astonishing.

And also if you actually read my post that you commented on you will see nothing against Yogi only my opinion on the people who I think are just patronising him. Just my opinion and you are free to disagree if you want.

No need for the abuse but you often find keyboard warrior type's like yourself on Forums. Perhaps it is you that should get the life instead of trawling Internet Forums looking for people to pick bits out of, in hope of an arguement. Bit of advice....next time choose an arguement you can win.

fife hfc
05-10-2010, 07:28 PM
I have a lot of sympathy for anyone that tries their best in a job but, for whatever reason, it doesn't work.

Lack of effort is a different story, but I don't think Yogi could be accused of that.

:top marks Yogi gave the job everything and as manager he was a great ambassador for the club, but he failed where it mattered most and had to go. I feel sorry for him because he was let down by the players but he just never had any answers when it started to go wrong (something Falkirk fans said was the case with them).

Even though I never wanted Yogi from the start, due to his previous connections to the club and seeing what happened to Mixu and collins. I wanted him to succeed and even recently I would have loved nothing better than for him to have proved me wrong and got Hibs going in the right direction again. But I could not see that happening and yes I do feel sorry for him going as yet again another fans afvourite has tarnished his relationship with the club.

Cropley10
05-10-2010, 07:29 PM
What are you on about, why do I need to give it a rest. I was responding directly to the question that make up a thread - if it bothers you, dont read and dont reply - i genuinely do not care if you have an issue with what I say.

What is JKB?

Who would you like to be the next manager AH?

Albion Hibs
05-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Goon? Yogi bashing?

You are clearly a 'open the gub before you think sort of guy'

Do a little research before you come out with the bold statements. You can read back through my posts and see for yourself all the 'Yogi bashing' I have done.

If you HAD bothered to do this then you would have actually read me DEFENDING him and Mixu for that matter. Some of the abuse aimed at them for reasons other than their managing talents or lack of it was astonishing.

And also if you actually read my post that you commented on you will see nothing against Yogi only my opinion on the people who I think are just patronising him. Just my opinion and you are free to disagree if you want.

No need for the abuse but you often find keyboard warrior type's like yourself on Forums. Perhaps it is you that should get the life instead of trawling Internet Forums looking for people to pick bits out of, in hope of an arguement. Bit of advice....next time choose an arguement you can win.

Well done mate.

I was relating my response not only to your comment, but the one you 10/10 agreed with. Read them both together along with your belittling comment in which I have highlighted in bold above. As for suggesting that I should be working my way through you back catalogue of comments then I would ask you to think again, perhaps you may do that, but I chose to judge each of the comments on their own basis.

With regards to those being patronising, perhaps you should have followed your own advice and red my back catalogue of comments, if you had you would realise I have always given my support to yogi and did not want him to leave the club.

Cropley10
05-10-2010, 07:42 PM
I was relating my response not only to your comment, but the one you 10/10 agreed with. Read them both together along with your belittling comment in which I have highlighted in bold above. As for suggesting that I should be working my way through you back catalogue of comments then I would ask you to think again, perhaps you may do that, but I chose to judge each of the comments on their own basis.

With regards to those being patronising, perhaps you should have followed your own advice and red my back catalogue of comments, if you had you would realise I have always given my support to yogi and did not want him to leave the club.

Fair enough. I'm interested who you'd like to see replace him...

Albion Hibs
05-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Who would you like to be the next manager AH?

To be honest mate I dont know, I have not thought much it, initially, whilst disapointed I thought Rainer Bonhof, or Mark Proctor.

For me I just want to see someone getting the proper chance to do something, that may mean a bad season along the way. I just cant stand the thought of someone new getting the boot and the hibernian managerial conveyor belt continuing.

dHFCe
05-10-2010, 07:47 PM
I wanted Yogi to go but that doesn't mean I don't have sympathy for the guy. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Twa Cairpets
05-10-2010, 07:56 PM
I wanted Yogi to go but that doesn't mean I don't have sympathy for the guy. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

In a nutshell

Kevvy1875
05-10-2010, 08:13 PM

Sorry but you are gibbering pish. You may have seen those comments in that way but strangely enough you were the only one.

I didnt ask you to read any of my previous posts but merely suggested that before you stoop to the level of calling someone a 'Goon' or a 'Yogi basher' then perhaps you should have some substance in your arguement. This may have been provided in some of my previous comments.

As for reading your comments re: Support for Yogi?...WTF has that got to do with anything? I never questioned your loyalty to Yogi or the club.

Like I said before....Keyboard warriors should choose arguements they can win.

LALthehibeeGAL
05-10-2010, 09:13 PM

:agree::top marks

gutted it never worked for him as is he no doubt - onward and upwards so they say - I feel for him because he is hurting too a geniune guy whom I never once said should go as I believe like mixu perhaps he tried too hard because of the passion - no-one can see he didn't give it everything cos he did.

Lal:wink:

Albion Hibs
05-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Sorry but you are gibbering pish. You may have seen those comments in that way but strangely enough you were the only one.

I didnt ask you to read any of my previous posts but merely suggested that before you stoop to the level of calling someone a 'Goon' or a 'Yogi basher' then perhaps you should have some substance in your arguement. This may have been provided in some of my previous comments.

As for reading your comments re: Support for Yogi?...WTF has that got to do with anything? I never questioned your loyalty to Yogi or the club.

Like I said before....Keyboard warriors should choose arguements they can win.

Silence, there may have been crossed wires along with way. But I have little interest in this discussion. I came onto this thread to post my comments on relation on the matter.

HibbyAndy
05-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Mon guys we are all Hibbies,..Lets just tone it doon abit.

MB62
06-10-2010, 09:46 AM
I don't think anybody here has been abusive towards Yogi at all, just because some of us have little or no sympathy for him doesn't mean we we have any ill will or be abusive towards him, he is still a Hibby hopefully and I would imagine he would be welcomed back to ER at any time.

Having read all the comments, maybe I can understand a wee bit where some are coming from, although it doesn't change my opinion.

I wanted Alex Miller, Bobby Williamson, Duff Jimmy etc etc etc to be successful at Hibernian but it didn't work out for them either and I had the same feelings towards them.
Probably the only man I did have some sympathy for was J.C.
He at least tried to bring a level of professionalism to Hibernian but the big lazy bairns that wore the jersey at that time went running to R.P. to complain. My own personal opinion was J.C. got little back up from Rod, either during the player revolt or in efforts to bring in a higher level of player (maybe a bit like every Hibs manager) and Rod was not matching J.C's ambition on the park.

After having a revolving door of managers over the recent years, I think now is the time for the Hibs board to show us what their ambitions are for this club ON THE PARK WHERE IT MATTERS MOST and stop looking for cheap easy options.
Given the financial positions of the vast majority of all our closest rivals and the fact our board constantly boast about our own finances, IMO it would not take a great deal of management/player investment for us to clearly move ahead of the rest.

sparkiehibs
06-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Just because Yogi wasn't the right man for the job doesnt stop him from being a good ex-captain and hibs fan.

We all wish that having Yogi as manager would have worked out but as it didnt we sympathise.

Whats wrong with that

We don't dislike Yogi as a person, we just didnt think he the right man.

MB62
06-10-2010, 10:33 AM
Just because Yogi wasn't the right man for the job doesnt stop him from being a good ex-captain and hibs fan.

We all wish that having Yogi as manager would have worked out but as it didnt we sympathise.

Whats wrong with that

We don't dislike Yogi as a person, we just didnt think he the right man.

Didn't you want it to work out for EVERY Hibs manager, or is it just Yogi you wanted it to work out for?

Having had to suffer many years of crap under many managers, maybe it is us who deserve the sympathy.

blackpoolhibs
06-10-2010, 10:50 AM
I don't think anybody here has been abusive towards Yogi at all, just because some of us have little or no sympathy for him doesn't mean we we have any ill will or be abusive towards him, he is still a Hibby hopefully and I would imagine he would be welcomed back to ER at any time.

Having read all the comments, maybe I can understand a wee bit where some are coming from, although it doesn't change my opinion.

I wanted Alex Miller, Bobby Williamson, Duff Jimmy etc etc etc to be successful at Hibernian but it didn't work out for them either and I had the same feelings towards them.
Probably the only man I did have some sympathy for was J.C.
He at least tried to bring a level of professionalism to Hibernian but the big lazy bairns that wore the jersey at that time went running to R.P. to complain. My own personal opinion was J.C. got little back up from Rod, either during the player revolt or in efforts to bring in a higher level of player (maybe a bit like every Hibs manager) and Rod was not matching J.C's ambition on the park.

After having a revolving door of managers over the recent years, I think now is the time for the Hibs board to show us what their ambitions are for this club ON THE PARK WHERE IT MATTERS MOST and stop looking for cheap easy options.
Given the financial positions of the vast majority of all our closest rivals and the fact our board constantly boast about our own finances, IMO it would not take a great deal of management/player investment for us to clearly move ahead of the rest.

:faf::faf::faf:

hibhib7
06-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Can we not just draw a line under this now? Yogi was given the job, Yogi failed, Yogi has gone. He didn't fail through lack of application but a lack of know-how. We must move on now and try to appoint a manager who can at least steady the ship until the end of the season. And don't let us kid ourselves on - his task won't be easy with the players we've got at present. Who will supply the passes and crosses into the box and who (apart from Deeks) will score from them if they do arrive? Who in defence can help us keep a clean sheet? It's not all gloom and doom as we have some decent players but the new manager will have to work with Yogi's legacy until, at least, the January window so let's bear that in mind when we have a new appointment. And lastly, all the best to Yogi for whatever job he lands in the future. He wasn't, unfortunately, up to our job.

MB62
06-10-2010, 11:19 AM
:faf::faf::faf:

I must have missed them.

Care to pick out one or two quotes from here just to remind me?

Expecting Rain
06-10-2010, 11:47 AM
I had mixed feelings when Yogi became the manager, especially when he had just saved Falkirk from being relegated, his first season could have been an excellent one, he got of to a tremendous start result wise but in my opinion rode his luck, there were signs that Hibs were a team that could conceded a lot of goals even then, the 2-0 victory over Aberdeen imo was a glaring example, the dons were hopeless in front of goal, the following week we lost 1-4 to Rangers.
I wish him all the best because he has the right ideas about football in terms of how it should be played, unfortunately he either didn`t have the time, personel or skill required in communicating these ideas to the players, the players are not blameless, some of them and others have let all the previous managers down in one way or another, it will be interesting to see how the present squad react to a new manager.
Finally i can`t see Yogi, Mixu or John Collins proving to anybody that they are potentially good managers but i sincerely wish them all the best in trying to do so.

bawheid
06-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Mon guys we are all Hibbies,..Lets just tone it doon abit.

Totally agree.

Not sure why Albion Hibs is getting the LTYF treatment, just because he took up a position which backed the Hibernian manager.

I actually agree with him. There are loads of goons support Hibs. You can see them at the games hollaring and booing when the team are drawing a game. You can see them on here with the childish names for successive managers, Mixup, The Clown, etc, or trying to have a go at a guy because of his background or accent.

As for the "outpouring of sympathy", I don't see any of that. I see plenty of expressions of respect for a Hibs man who tried his hardest and ultimately came up short.

blackpoolhibs
06-10-2010, 12:28 PM
I must have missed them.

Care to pick out one or two quotes from here just to remind me?

Just read any thread from any Saturday you care to mention this season.

MB62
06-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Just read any thread from any Saturday you care to mention this season.

Ah, we are at crossed purposes BH, I was referring to this thread, but I do agree with you on your point there, and it was bad patter, no need for slagging any Hibs manager or player or even fellow supporter. We are all entitled to our opinions and I believe it's healthy that we don't all agree with each other about everything, makes this M.B. (not me, the message board :greengrin) what it is.

I can see where everyone is coming from now on their good wishes to Yogi, as long as it's not as a manager against us then I wish him no luck that day. I felt that given all the recent polls on here where the vast majority were calling for Yogi's head, there were a lot of crocodile tears from people once he had gone.

Can respect everybody's opinions on this.

blackpoolhibs
06-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Ah, we are at crossed purposes BH, I was referring to this thread, but I do agree with you on your point there, and it was bad patter, no need for slagging any Hibs manager or player or even fellow supporter. We are all entitled to our opinions and I believe it's healthy that we don't all agree with each other about everything, makes this M.B. (not me, the message board :greengrin) what it is.

I can see where everyone is coming from now on their good wishes to Yogi, as long as it's not as a manager against us then I wish him no luck that day. I felt that given all the recent polls on here where the vast majority were calling for Yogi's head, there were a lot of crocodile tears from people once he had gone.

Can respect everybody's opinions on this.

Ah yes we were talking about different threads, for a minute i thought you had just arrived on earth? :wink: :wink:

MB62
06-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Ah yes we were talking about different threads, for a minute i thought you had just arrived on earth? :wink: :wink:

That might just have to be where our next manager comes from, given the history of our recent ones :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
06-10-2010, 02:04 PM
That might just have to be where our next manager comes from, given the history of our recent ones :greengrin

:agree:

Phil D. Rolls
06-10-2010, 04:02 PM

What are you saying? I think the guy is a Hibby through and through, and so does my wife - Sydney Devine. :agree: