PDA

View Full Version : Hughes on Duffy

ShanksSaidNo
05-10-2010, 08:33 AM
Very interesting article in the Herald this morning which offers an explanation for how Duffy actually got injured - Hughes nailed him in training!

Obviously only speculation but it had to come from somewhere!

Betty Boop
05-10-2010, 08:44 AM
Very interesting article in the Herald this morning which offers an explanation for how Duffy actually got injured - Hughes nailed him in training!

Obviously only speculation but it had to come from somewhere!

Just read that.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/hibernian/hughes-downfall-of-his-own-making-1.1059356

Pretty Boy
05-10-2010, 08:59 AM
:agree:

Pretty good arcticle although not sure about the rant about ex Falkirk players. Stokes was a success as was acknowledged in the artcticle, Cregg has now left the club, McBride has been decent enough and is certainly a good squad players and Duffy hasn't kicked a ball for Hibs. There is a lot of ammunition to attack Yogi but i don't think the signing of ex Falkirk players is a particularly valid one.

Spike Mandela
05-10-2010, 09:05 AM

Pretty good arcticle although not sure about the rant about ex Falkirk players. Stokes was a success as was acknowledged in the artcticle, Cregg has now left the club, McBride has been decent enough and is certainly a good squad players and Duffy hasn't kicked a ball for Hibs. There is a lot of ammunition to attack Yogi but i don't think the signing of ex Falkirk players is a particularly valid one.

What about the players he missed out on, Arfield, Barr, Scobie and the goalie(who's name escapes me).

For someone who alledgedly travels the length and breadth of the country in search of new talent he did seem to have a limited framework he worked in. Many managers raid former clubs but it was becoming a bit of a joke really.

Pretty Boy
05-10-2010, 09:12 AM
What about the players he missed out on, Arfield, Barr, Scobie and the goalie(who's name escapes me).

For someone who alledgedly travels the length and breadth of the country in search of new talent he did seem to have a limited framework he worked in. Many managers raid former clubs but it was becoming a bit of a joke really.

I don't deny that but the arcticle in question made specific reference to the players we actually signed. 2 of who have been a 'success', 1 who wasn't and was released accordingly and another who is unproven due to injury.

BoltonHibee
05-10-2010, 09:30 AM
Good article, and so true.

BT58
05-10-2010, 09:37 AM
excellent article,,,,,,,is the guy a fan?????
:top marks:top marks

MacBean
05-10-2010, 10:17 AM

and Gow!

banarc7062
05-10-2010, 10:21 AM
I agree, a fair summation of the situation. Unlike the rubbish put out by the weegie press. :agree:

BEEJ
05-10-2010, 11:00 AM
I agree, a fair summation of the situation. Unlike the rubbish put out by the weegie press. :agree:
The Herald is part of "the weegie press". :greengrin

Holmesdale Hibs
05-10-2010, 12:12 PM

:agree: we all thought Gow was worth a punt at the time as well. As you say, Cregg is the only one that never worked out but he was hardly a disaster and was released after a year. Most of Yogi's signings have been ok IMO.

500miles
05-10-2010, 12:49 PM
The falkirk connection section is nonsense. McBride and Stokes were positive signings for Hibs. I reckon Duffy will be too, but cannot comment, so neither can they really. Gow is a similar case to Duffy IMO. Cregg was a let down.

So are the accusations of stunting growth of youngsters. Wotherspoon and Hanlon have both played a big part in the team under Yogi, and the other youngsters have been sent out on loan to prevent thier developement coming to a halt - and they seem to be reaping the rewards.

To get two such major and basic things so wrong makes the whole thing stink of a hatchet job, when a fair - but still critical - report would still have been substancial enough to print.

sunshine1875
05-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Someone should tell the Herald that our ground has increased in size. They still show the old stadium capacity.

fife hfc
05-10-2010, 06:28 PM
I think the article is spot on and sums up yogi's time in charge perfectly.

EasterRoad4Ever
05-10-2010, 06:40 PM
His side had become, Hughes insisted, victims of their own success. In reality, they were victims of a flawed transfer policy, poor planning and the lack of a plan B.
:agree: But where were all these hacks with their insightful prose a few weeks ago when this was all so patently clear ? Its not as if we played 33 games overnight :grr:

RickyS
05-10-2010, 10:35 PM
His side had become, Hughes insisted, victims of their own success. In reality, they were victims of a flawed transfer policy, poor planning and the lack of a plan B.
:agree: But where were all these hacks with their insightful prose a few weeks ago when this was all so patently clear ? Its not as if we played 33 games overnight :grr:

imagine if the guy had mentioned any of this at one of the press conference's, Yogi would have killed him:greengrin

IWasThere2016
05-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Spot on.

Phil D. Rolls
06-10-2010, 09:24 AM

This guy clearly posts on here, as such he could well be a closet Yam.

heretoday
06-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Couldn't we just employ Yogi to come back and scare the hell out of the players from time to time?

ahibby
06-10-2010, 01:17 PM
Good article, hard hitting and accurate.

Future17
06-10-2010, 01:21 PM
So are the accusations of stunting growth of youngsters. Wotherspoon and Hanlon have both played a big part in the team under Yogi, and the other youngsters have been sent out on loan to prevent thier developement coming to a halt - and they seem to be reaping the rewards.

To get two such major and basic things so wrong makes the whole thing stink of a hatchet job, when a fair - but still critical - report would still have been substancial enough to print.

I don't think you can dispute that something has stunted the development of Hanlon and Wotherspoon as, although they have bags of potential, they are not as far along as they should be at this stage. Both look to have gone backwards since first appearing in the team and I think it's fair to say that playing them out of position on a regular basis has contributed to that stunted development.

blackpoolhibs
06-10-2010, 02:10 PM
I don't think you can dispute that something has stunted the development of Hanlon and Wotherspoon as, although they have bags of potential, they are not as far along as they should be at this stage. Both look to have gone backwards since first appearing in the team and I think it's fair to say that playing them out of position on a regular basis has contributed to that stunted development.

Or they are not quite as good as some think?:dunno: