PDA

View Full Version : Managers quoted so far

MJN1875
04-10-2010, 09:38 PM
I cant believe people are even considering some of the dross that have been put forward. Tango man, derek adams, oneill, gus macpherson I mean cmon, wed have been as well just keeping Yogi. Petrie needs to get it right this time and start spending some cash. Pick a manager who has some experience (and I dont mean playing in the 1st div/fighting relegation in the spl. We have given enough newcommers there chance and not one of them have done anything. I mean how many more mistakes is he going to make out of being a tight fisted ****? Hibs deserve better than this crap being quoted. Go to England, go foreign do whatever it takes but ffs Rod get it right this time. Im sick to death of seeing managers come and go along with teams getting torn to shreads every season. Selling Stokes was also a huge needless mistake. We rip into the **** for getting rid of manager after manager, we have had 10 in 13 years ffs!!! For a club our size thats an absolute farce. We have half a team full of pish and the the half that arent pish are all out of contract and will go for nowt next year. We are in serious trouble this time and I refuse to blame just Yogi. The board are a cheap joke, the players clearly arent happy or dont give a **** and the fans are constantly on the teams back in a half empty stadium on a weekly basis. If any of the tango man derek adams lot come in then im sorry but its a step back towards jim duffy days and we all know what happened there.

On a good note I assume this is the end for Yogis golden boy colin pish. We need to sign Miller and Deek up and back the new manager with some cash.

Still im sad to see Yogi go especially with the replacements that could be coming in.

All you people that have paid £20 a week to boo him, I hope youl be happy when Rod goes for some cheap **** like tango bam. I suppose youl all back this clown when he comes in. I honestly dont know whats worse, supporting Scotland or supporting Hibs.

Not a happy hibee!

****** the jambos and the hibs board tight cheap robbing ****s!

The_Horde
04-10-2010, 09:50 PM
And breaaaaathe!

I'm glad that a lot of names are being mentioned, it means that we have no outstanding fan favourite for the job (like with Yogi and Mixu) so the board might just surprise us.

No doubt we'll find somebody to shout about though.

ScottB
04-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Reporting Scotland reported that Clarke and McParland were in the frame.

Whether it's true or they've just been looking around here or they have actual information I don't know. But I think Clarke is exactly what we need, so if he really is being linked to us that's a good thing.

RickyS
05-10-2010, 12:32 AM

Whether it's true or they've just been looking around here or they have actual information I don't know. But I think Clarke is exactly what we need, so if he really is being linked to us that's a good thing.

how is wee russell doing with T&T? could the wee man be tempted?

TRIALIST
05-10-2010, 08:23 AM

After attending last nights agm, something that was jumping out from the finance directors presentation was the bar chart during the Mowbray era. High attendances shown as season ticket sales. High turnover and low wages to turn over ratio.
Managing the wages to turnover was an item during the brief Q&A session which was highlighted as being one of the boards major concerns ..getting more bums on seats, it is being tackled via a reviewed business plan,to be announced on Nov 1st.
IMO the success during that period lay with the managerial appointment, a young manager with all the coaching badges and a plan for attractive football, some knowledge of the Scottish game, ambitious, plenty of contacts for players and a good right hand man.
Surely its time to revisit this formula with the likes of Clarke or McParland or a.n. other. I have every faith that our board will be taking a fresh look at things and trying to do something new. I would urge them to disregard the media promotions of the tired old faces on the Scottish managerial merry go round and get some one in who will have us looking forward to going to the match for the entertainment value. The last ten months have been miserable, even during our failed or successful relegation battle seasons there has been more spirit and entertainment.

Spike Mandela
05-10-2010, 08:30 AM
After attending last nights agm, something that was jumping out from the finance directors presentation was the bar chart during the Mowbray era. High attendances shown as season ticket sales. High turnover and low wages to turn over ratio.
Managing the wages to turnover was an item during the brief Q&A session which was highlighted as being one of the boards major concerns ..getting more bums on seats, it is being tackled via a reviewed business plan,to be announced on Nov 1st.
IMO the success during that period lay with the managerial appointment, a young manager with all the coaching badges and a plan for attractive football, some knowledge of the Scottish game, ambitious, plenty of contacts for players and a good right hand man.
Surely its time to revisit this formula with the likes of Clarke or McParland or a.n. other. I have every faith that our board will be taking a fresh look at things and trying to do something new. I would urge them to disregard the media promotions of the tired old faces on the Scottish managerial merry go round and get some one in who will have us looking forward to going to the match for the entertainment value. The last ten months have been miserable, even during our failed or successful relegation battle seasons there has been more spirit and entertainment.

Thing is Trialist , was it because of the talented manager or was it because of the crop of excellent players brought through who were all sold to fund building work and not one of them has been replaced to a relavent standard.

Maybe in 5-10 years another crop will come through that even if we sell the money can go in to the squad but at the moment I only see a downward spiral with mediocre players.

BT58
05-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Stevie Clarke & Pat Nevin
if SC gets the nod, he could do worse
than get Pat Nevin in as his no2
Did Pat not have a job at Motherwell
as director of football
He likes to see hibernian playing with a certain
style
Could be a good combination

hibby rae
05-10-2010, 12:15 PM
I cant believe people are even considering some of the dross that have been put forward. Tango man, derek adams, oneill, gus macpherson I mean cmon, wed have been as well just keeping Yogi. Petrie needs to get it right this time and start spending some cash. Pick a manager who has some experience (and I dont mean playing in the 1st div/fighting relegation in the spl. We have given enough newcommers there chance and not one of them have done anything. I mean how many more mistakes is he going to make out of being a tight fisted ****? Hibs deserve better than this crap being quoted. Go to England, go foreign do whatever it takes but ffs Rod get it right this time. Im sick to death of seeing managers come and go along with teams getting torn to shreads every season. Selling Stokes was also a huge needless mistake. We rip into the **** for getting rid of manager after manager, we have had 10 in 13 years ffs!!! For a club our size thats an absolute farce. We have half a team full of pish and the the half that arent pish are all out of contract and will go for nowt next year. We are in serious trouble this time and I refuse to blame just Yogi. The board are a cheap joke, the players clearly arent happy or dont give a **** and the fans are constantly on the teams back in a half empty stadium on a weekly basis. If any of the tango man derek adams lot come in then im sorry but its a step back towards jim duffy days and we all know what happened there.

On a good note I assume this is the end for Yogis golden boy colin pish. We need to sign Miller and Deek up and back the new manager with some cash.

Still im sad to see Yogi go especially with the replacements that could be coming in.

All you people that have paid £20 a week to boo him, I hope youl be happy when Rod goes for some cheap **** like tango bam. I suppose youl all back this clown when he comes in. I honestly dont know whats worse, supporting Scotland or supporting Hibs.

Not a happy hibee!

****** the jambos and the hibs board tight cheap robbing ****s!

Mogga and Yogi both got us Europe and JC won us are first trophy in 16 years.

hibby rae
05-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Stevie Clarke & Pat Nevin
if SC gets the nod, he could do worse
than get Pat Nevin in as his no2
Did Pat not have a job at Motherwell
as director of football
He likes to see hibernian playing with a certain
style
Could be a good combination

I know Pat fairly well from Easter Road and he's never expressed an interest in management or coaching, I think he's happy enough being a supporter.