PDA

View Full Version : Wotherspoon unsure

stubru59
04-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Apologies if already posted: http://tribalfootball.com/hibernian-s-wotherspoon-reeling-over-hughes-sacking-1158761

lucky
04-10-2010, 10:19 PM
He should be worried cos he's been getting picked when he has been poor for ages now. Clearly needs a rest as young players tend to do. He will have to prove himself all over again.

Geo_1875
04-10-2010, 10:24 PM
I don't think that he needs to prove anything to anybody. He's shown he has great talent. When he plays for a manager who will play him in his proper position and he is surrounded by other skilled footballers playing in their proper position and in the right formation he will have nothing to worry about.

Jonnyboy
04-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Didn't Lewis Stevenson express a very similar view when Mixu left?

Littlest Hobo
04-10-2010, 10:27 PM
I don't think that he needs to prove anything to anybody. He's shown he has great talent. When he plays for a manager who will play him in his proper position and he is surrounded by other skilled footballers playing in their proper position and in the right formation he will have nothing to worry about.

:top marks:agree:

Albion Hibs
04-10-2010, 10:38 PM

I must have missed that game.

other than a handful of performances he had not lived up to anything. Whilst i would like to be proved wrong I dont see it.

OtterHibee
04-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Didn't Lewis Stevenson express a very similar view when Mixu left?

He did :agree:

See here. (http://www.thefreelibrary.com/LEW+STILL+MIXUD+UP.-a0200939544)

PeterboroHibee
04-10-2010, 10:46 PM
Surely its a good thing hes worried about his position with the team, Id hope they all are. Too many of them looking far too comfortable and not pulling their weight, hopefully a new man looking for players to prove themselves will result in them upping their performances.

Spoony will be fine though, hes a talented player, just needs to get some of his form back.

Wotherspiniesta
04-10-2010, 10:48 PM
He clearly respects Hughes as a man and a manager.

One good thing about the young players is they appreciate what they have at Hibs.

He's been suffering a little from a lack of confidence, like most of the team have. Hopefully the new manager will see Wotherspoon find that little bit more confidence so he can show us the quality that was evident at the start of last season. Think he could be a big player for us in coming years.

Good luck with the u21's and come back and prove yourself all over again Spoony :thumbsup:

Geo_1875
04-10-2010, 10:52 PM

other than a handful of performances he had not lived up to anything. Whilst i would like to be proved wrong I dont see it.

You must have missed more than one game if you can't see that the guy is a talent. He played a fair number of games when he first broke through and he was outstanding. However, Yogi continued to play him when he was obvously needing a break. He also didn't know what position he was playing from one game to the next. Don't worry, he'll be sold to the OF in a few years and then you'll have something else to moan about.

benrocky
04-10-2010, 11:07 PM

You obviously no nothing about football,don't post anymore untill you know what the game is all about.:taxi

Twa Cairpets
04-10-2010, 11:10 PM

Now completely convinced that youre a Yam fud on the wind up.

LTYF

:jamboclow

Jonnyboy
04-10-2010, 11:11 PM

LTYF

Me too

Phil MaGlass
05-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Great talent, but he should be looking at some of his team mates for not putting in a shift and helping Hughes out the door.

Dunbar Hibee
05-10-2010, 09:11 AM

LTYF

Would have to agree there.

J-C
05-10-2010, 09:33 AM

Yep have to agree with Two Carpets and JC here, a wind up ****bo if ever I've heard one.

Spoony burst onto the scene and showed maturity belying his age, yes his recent perfomances haven't been great but that can be said of many of the team, Yogi's problem was he didn'y know exactly where to play him, RH/RM/LM.