Luke Shanley was on earlier i didn't know he was a die hard Hibee

Alex Trager
04-10-2010, 05:30 PM
All about us... many saying he's not given enough time
Could someone delete the title from the start to the R

matty_f
04-10-2010, 05:31 PM
All about us... many saying he's not given enough time

There's a very fine line between giving enough time and leaving things too late to prevent the inevitable. IMHO, the time was about right for Yogi to go.

Alex Trager
04-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Roughy saying away from home fans may have a different opinion to the home fans.....

Obviously not heard the boos ringing out at ER

Lmc2105
04-10-2010, 05:33 PM
There's a very fine line between giving enough time and leaving things too late to prevent the inevitable. IMHO, the time was about right for Yogi to go.

I agree with you Matty and they are all saying that he wasn't giving enough time .. am sorry but i count last season as his downfall

Winston Ingram
Who's this ditty that's on the now. We panicked apparently. 4 wins in nearly 30 games

Alex Trager
Craig Brown please

Cropley10
04-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Craig Brown please

That's a really good shout actually:wink:

matty_f
04-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Who's this ditty that's on the now. We panicked apparently. 4 wins in nearly 30 games

I was all for backing Yogi for long enough - there were circumstances that conspired against him but ultimately to go the best part of a season with only 4 wins is appalling and can't be overlooked.

Lmc2105
04-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Craig Brown please

outstanding candidate and would by my first choice

At The Edge
04-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Kenny fae Cumbernauld = Diddy:bye:

E.T. is a Hibee
04-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Roughy saying away from home fans may have a different opinion to the home fans.....

Obviously not heard the boos ringing out at ER

Aye very good, it's cause we were speechless at how bad the team was.

Alex Trager
Fkuk Jimmy Calderwood

Alex Trager
Aye very good, it's cause we were speechless at how bad the team was.
And your point is?

Lmc2105
04-10-2010, 05:38 PM
they just don't understand that this has been going on since last season,

I think i might go on and say the fact okay nice guy but his record wasn't good enough and we need an experienced guy to take the club as a whole forward

blaikie
His record since febuary is awful, about time he went nobody can really argue over his sacking.

Winston Ingram
According to the latest diddy we're no as big as Dundee Utd

Brando7
Strachan :greengrin

The_Todd
04-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Clown from Cumbernauld: "Hibs shouldn't have finished 4th last season, they're behind Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee United in the pecking order".

Funny that, I though league positions were based on points earned over a season not a "pecking order".

Trumpet.

lucky
04-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Crap station and even crappier phone in. just turn it off.

silverhibee
04-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Singing section in east stand getting the blame now.

Winston Ingram
04-10-2010, 05:52 PM
What a load of pish this has been.

So far they have said it's knee jerk cos he's been punted after 7 games. Nothing to do with fact we've garbage for nearly a year.

He's apparently been forced to play our young players as he has no budget to replace them. Eh...we one the u19 double and iirc he's only played Wotherspoon and Byrne(for the odd minute or 2)

We've given him no cash, eh Stokes, Miller, Stack, Brown, Smith, Galbraith, Dickoh, Hart, Gow, Grounds, Duffy, McBride etc

The_Todd

Aye, we're all "wee laddies".

Lmc2105

now a guy with some sense!!! from Musselburgh

Alex Trager
04-10-2010, 05:54 PM
Folk fay there dont know what they're talking about

Lmc2105
04-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Folk fay there dont know what they're talking about

:wink:

Lmc2105
04-10-2010, 06:02 PM
I don't think i could argue with anything that William has said .. i think he has been spot on.
(well apart from the craig brown not being good enough bit)

Barney McGrew
04-10-2010, 06:13 PM
We panicked apparently. 4 wins in nearly 30 games

That's the bottom line. If any of the other teams we compete with like Hertz, Aberdeen or Dundee United had a manager in place with that kind of record, would they not 'panic' like we have?

FFS, if one of the OF loses two or three in a row they're calling for their head.

K.Marx
04-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Yogi can have absolutely no complaints over the decision...I dont know the stats but surely our form since February is the worst in the SPL? I did actually think he would be given the game at home to Killie as his last chance though. But overall the correct decision!

MussyHibby
04-10-2010, 06:22 PM

That'll been me then :wink:

Felt I had to call as all seemd to say it was "knee-jerk"

Lmc2105
04-10-2010, 06:24 PM

good on ye mate :top marks someone had to put that guy in his place!

i just don't know how you can defend the guy after the amount of winless games we had,

think you proved your point when you left the guy speechless

can't wait for round 2:cool2::cool2:

Alex Trager
04-10-2010, 06:24 PM

must have been

Danderhall Hibs
04-10-2010, 06:27 PM

You came across well mate.

Not sure what the other guy was getting at - "Ron" Petrie and the board are to blame for everything I think.

MussyHibby
04-10-2010, 06:27 PM
must have been

eh? Don't follow?

At The Edge
04-10-2010, 06:30 PM

aye cheers for phoning up and setting some facts straight.
:top marks

Alex Trager
04-10-2010, 06:30 PM
eh? Don't follow?
you said that will have been me then

The_Todd
04-10-2010, 06:31 PM
FFS, if one of the OF loses two or three in a season they're calling for their head.

Fixed that for you.

HFC 0-7
04-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Yogi can have absolutely no complaints over the decision...I dont know the stats but surely our form since February is the worst in the SPL? I did actually think he would be given the game at home to Killie as his last chance though. But overall the correct decision!

It was his own decision so he cant have had any complaints. He handed in his resignation albeit after some conversations with Rod, which I am led to believe was aimed at yogi doing what was right for the club. Petrie was never going to sack him, it was all Yogi's decision. Maybe he was told that around 400 fans had cancelled their direct debits for the ST's recently.

BT58
04-10-2010, 06:33 PM
must be something in the water in mussy:wink::wink::wink:
you had some cracking points,,,,you sounded very articulate,,another mussy trait
:wink::wink:
yon other guy lee was pretty sound too

MussyHibby
04-10-2010, 06:47 PM
must be something in the water in mussy:wink::wink::wink:
you had some cracking points,,,,you sounded very articulate,,another mussy trait
:wink::wink:
yon other guy lee was pretty sound too

quality honest toon :wink:

.Sean.
04-10-2010, 06:54 PM
It was his own decision so he cant have had any complaints. He handed in his resignation albeit after some conversations with Rod, which I am led to believe was aimed at yogi doing what was right for the club. Petrie was never going to sack him, it was all Yogi's decision. Maybe he was told that around 400 fans had cancelled their direct debits for the ST's recently.
Realy? I see his departure as 'jump, or we'll push you.' It was the same with Paatelainen.

HFC 0-7
04-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Realy? I see his departure as 'jump, or we'll push you.' It was the same with Paatelainen.

Jump and you get nothing, pushed and you get compensation. He got nothing.

EasterRoad4Ever
04-10-2010, 07:11 PM
The acid test is .... if Yogi is such a good manager and Hibs have sacked him too soon then it will be OUR loss and there will be a string of bigger clubs waiting in the wings to sign Yogi up .... right ?

Now who thinks THAT is gonna happen ?

You'd struggle now to find ANY Hibs fans who thinks Yogi should have been given more time. THAT is rare indeed. With all our previous managers - except maybe Duffy - there was a sizeable minority who thought the manager should have been given more time.

Remember the howls of derision aimed at Hibs when they sacked Williamson. All his media buddies were horrified and said Hibs were mad - couldn't get anyone better blah blah. Hibs then appointed Mowbray who helped youngsters play some of the best football at ER in years and instrumental in earning us £12m in fees.

Ignore the media. They are so far up the backside of their beloved OF they ain't got a clue about other clubs.

Baader
04-10-2010, 07:22 PM
The acid test is .... if Yogi is such a good manager and Hibs have sacked him too soon then it will be OUR loss and there will be a string of bigger clubs waiting in the wings to sign Yogi up .... right ?

You'd struggle now to find ANY Hibs fans who thinks Yogi should have been given more time. THAT is rare indeed. With all our previous managers - except maybe Duffy - there was a sizeable minority who thought the manager should have been given more time.

Remember the howls of derision aimed at Hibs when they sacked Williamson. All his media buddies were horrified and said Hibs were mad - couldn't get anyone better blah blah. Hibs then appointed Mowbray who helped youngsters play some of the best football at ER in years and instrumental in earning us £12m in fees.

Ignore the media. They are so far up the backside of their beloved OF they ain't got a clue about other clubs.

Spot on. There's a real love-in between a lot of the media and SPL managers. Yogi will soon be in the Sportscene studio. It's also a bit rich from hacks and supposed pundits who watch their football for free saying someone didn't get a chance. Sorry, but Yogi had a fair crack at ER and sadly wasn't up to it. We were going backwards and don't think anyone could see a different way out for him.

If we'd have stuck with him and went down the media would have written about a club that got it all wrong, ignored a horrendous record over a whole year and did not listen to the fans. Their job is to provoke and make controversy. For most it's a free licence to talk out of their @r$e.

Feel sorry it did not work out for Yogi but there was no 'knee jerk' reaction!

King Paddy
04-10-2010, 07:29 PM
the board had to act now or relegation would have been on the cards.
Fact is he was fortunate not to relegate falkirk, only by the skin of their teeth did they survive. Never felt secure in his appointment from day one.

Cropley10
04-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Most of the early callers weren't even Hibs fans, most likely Jambos :devil:

Sas_The_Hibby
04-10-2010, 08:06 PM

I didn't think we did sack him. :confused:

Peevemor
04-10-2010, 08:11 PM
I didn't think we did sack him. :confused:

No, but the board didn't stand in his way when Plymouth wanted to speak to him.

Sas_The_Hibby
04-10-2010, 08:12 PM
This thing about not giving him enough time assumes it was only about results.

I might accept a poor run of results if it was clear there was some plan or progression or that the manager was even trying to change things but, in Hughes case, none of these things were at all apparent. In fact I'd go as far as to say that it was obvious there was no plan, other than "keep doing exactly what we're doing and it'll eventually come right". There was no evidence whatsoever that Hughes recognised a problem, let alone had any idea how to deal with it. I base my view on his 'one trick' tactics and his inane ramblings to the press.

I have no doubt he had to go.

Sas_The_Hibby
04-10-2010, 08:13 PM
No, but the board didn't stand in his way when Plymouth wanted to speak to him.

It's hardly the same thing, though, is it?

Peevemor
04-10-2010, 08:14 PM
It's hardly the same thing, though, is it?

I never said it was. :confused:

DavieRoy
04-10-2010, 08:36 PM
yeah am listening to it now mate.

Luke Shanley was on earlier i didn't know he was a die hard Hibee

Yes, no doubt about that!