PDA

View Full Version : Alan Pardew?

Stew the Hibee
04-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Not yet had a chance to look through the threads yet, but he was recently let go by Southampton, has manager in the EPL, worth a bash?

HenryMonk
04-10-2010, 04:26 PM
hes at top of my list, along with paul ince.

no time for fannying about this time wi cheap options, this appoitment has GOT to be correct. but i doubt board have any real ambition!!

Springbank
04-10-2010, 04:26 PM
would be an enormous improvement on suggestions like Calderwood.

we need a breath of fresh air, not stale stale stale SPL cannon fodder

Hibby Kay-Yay
04-10-2010, 04:29 PM
hes at top of my list, along with paul ince.

no time for fannying about this time wi cheap options, this appoitment has GOT to be correct. but i doubt board have any real ambition!!

indeed, it makes far more sense for us to be mediocre :confused:

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Listening to him on GOS at the weekend he is really keen to get back into the game. It is not the best kept secret that he got turned over by the owner at Southampton and I think that he has a decent enough standing in the game down there to be a likely candidate for the top half of the Championship at least, so out of our range. There is talk that the board at Crystal Phallus are not overly impressed with Burley and Pardew is an ex-player. I think he has half an eye on the goings-on at Selhurst Park.

Springbank
04-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Listening to him on GOS at the weekend he is really keen to get back into the game. It is not the best kept secret that he got turned over by the owner at Southampton and I think that he has a decent enough standing in the game down there to be a likely candidate for the top half of the Championship at least, so out of our range. There is talk that the board at Crystal Phallus are not overly impressed with Burley and Pardew is an ex-player. I think he has half an eye on the goings-on at Selhurst Park.

The bit in bold (black) I totally agree with

The bit in bold (red) though I wouldn't agree with (yet)...you never know unless you ask the question...

Winston Ingram
04-10-2010, 05:35 PM
I'd love Pardew

Billy Whizz
04-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Not yet had a chance to look through the threads yet, but he was recently let go by Southampton, has manager in the EPL, worth a bash?

No thanks. Failed at his last 2 clubs.

Part/Time Supporter
04-10-2010, 08:46 PM

I thought he did okay at Southampton. They had a massive points deduction and were just coming out of administration, but still finished midtable in league one (would have been near the playoffs without the deduction). They won the FL Trophy (cup for teams in league one and league two) and had a decent FA Cup run. Then there was a change of ownership and the new guys binned him at the first opportunity.

This is the thing though, most folk are saying they want experience, etc., yet when any actual (reasonable) names are suggested you get plenty of folk nitpicking their CVs for anything they don't like.

Not sure if he would be interested however, I guess he would want a job which would have possibilities of getting higher up the English food chain again.

lobster
04-10-2010, 09:30 PM
:agree:
Has been known to make ignorant derogatory comments about scottish football. He's a tosser. Now if they were intelligent derogatory comments thats another thing...

MJN1875
04-10-2010, 09:58 PM

Why would we want Pardew? Hes ****!

Wilbur
04-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Even if we did offer him a contract, would he seriously want to come to us? A team with no money to spend and have to rely on bargain basement free transfers? Someone with his experience in the EPL and Championship, used to having a half decent transfer budget wouldn't look twice at us. And that still goes for wether he's sh*t or not.

BWhiteman1972
04-10-2010, 10:05 PM

He has experience and should be able to handle the SPL. Other names of course are Paul Ince or Phil Brown.

Please don't let it be another out of work hopeless manager from the Scottish managerial merry-go-round!!

Mr Petrie, please have some ambition - surprise us all!!!

monktonharp
04-10-2010, 10:30 PM
we definately need surprised,and that would surprise me if they pushed the boat out a bit,and brought in a proven manager,who can take us forward,without comments like we will never compete over a season against the OF etc. those were comments made by Mc Cleish, when we were 2nd in the league and playing great satuff,with the likes of Sauzee/Latapy et al . we dont want to be seen as nearly men forever,we want to compete,at the level we should be competing at,given all the other facts that are there for all to see, Stadium/training centre, fan potential,city etc. and this is now the time. there,I feel better now,off to bed:greengrin

Toaods
04-10-2010, 11:09 PM
Pardew would need to profile our WagS before committing...... ;-)

Wotherspiniesta
04-10-2010, 11:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx94jwmMxPs

:tee hee:

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-10-2010, 11:35 PM
NO!

Haymaker
05-10-2010, 12:51 AM
Didnt "fail" as such at southampton but the board was interested in financing the development side of the game more with upgraded facilities etc...

...Now according to my source (who shall remain nameless) the backroom staff were less than happy with his ideas on the training pitch and for youth development and so spoke frankly with the board...

...Not for Easter Road.