PDA

View Full Version : Dear John Hughes (merged)

Sloppy
04-10-2010, 03:46 PM
just to say to him, although it didnt work out as a manager, he is a hibbie through and throughh. his love for the club is unquestionable and some of the things said on.net and at games is shocking.

All the best Yogi :thumbsup::agree:

persevere1875
04-10-2010, 03:50 PM
just to say to him, although it didnt work out as a manager, he is a hibbie through and throughh. his love for the club is unquestionable and some of the things said on.net and at games is shocking.

Yours faithfully

Brian Rice

:wink::greengrin

Neil4Hibs
04-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Agreed. I hoped and hoped he would get it right. Sadly he didn't, but I'm still a big admirer of the man.

keep the faith
04-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Good thread. Totally agree.

Tinker1875
04-10-2010, 03:56 PM
I for one will miss Yogi, people quickly forget this time last year and how he was a hero in ER.
A manager needs yime to sort his team out and put his mark on the club, Yogi is just another manager who was never given the time to do so.
I dont think a new manager will do any good untill Jan when we can get some players in and some out :(

We wont find another manager who cares about the club as much as Yogi

I wish Yogi all the best xx

.Sean.
04-10-2010, 04:01 PM
I was just about to start a similar thread.

I'm actually very sad it didn't work out for him, as I was when Mixu left. He's Hibs through and through, one of our own etc and i'm sure the recent run of poor results have hurt him just as much as any of us. Some of the abuse he received was, to be perfectly honest, nothing short of disgraceful. The 'Yogi GTF' chants at Perth on Saturday were in extremely bad taste. He's an ex-captain and although we were all frustrated he did deserve a certain amount of respect.

I'd like to wish John Hughes the very best of luck in his future managerial career :agree:

Dashing Bob S
04-10-2010, 04:01 PM
All his life he's thrived on being written off. Make no mistake JH has the savy and the balls to learn from this and bounce back stronger than ever. He's been called a clown and fool by some people on here. Well, the fools and clowns will be the ones who have blithely dismissed him.

He'll be back.

bawheid
04-10-2010, 04:03 PM
All his life he's thrived on being written off. Make no mistake JH has the savy and the balls to learn from this and bounce back stronger than ever. He's been called a clown and fool by some people on here. Well, the fools and clowns will be the ones who have blithely dismissed him.

He'll be back.

Totally agree Bob. It'll be no surprise when he brings a side back to Easter Road and takes us to bits like he did a few times with Falkirk.

He captained Ayr United to a semi-final victory over us after we let him go as a player. He'll be back, no doubt about it.

Tinker1875
04-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Am i the only one who was a bit gutted this morning to hear about Yogi?
Remember how this time last season he was a hero at ER, we were gonna split the old firm. What a difference a year makes eh?

I dont see what all these new names will do as managers, nothing can change in the team untill Jan when we can get new players in and out.
Yet again another manager was never given enough time to put his mark on the club, team and fans.

i wish Yogi all the luck for the future x:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Am i the only one who was a bit gutted this morning to hear about Yogi?
Remember how this time last season he was a hero at ER, we were gonna split the old firm. What a difference a year makes eh?

I dont see what all these new names will do as managers, nothing can change in the team untill Jan when we can get new players in and out.
Yet again another manager was never given enough time to put his mark on the club, team and fans.

i wish Yogi all the luck for the future x:thumbsup:

I too wish him good luck, but cant disagree with todays decision.

GreenPJ
04-10-2010, 04:06 PM
I for one will miss Yogi, people quickly forget this time last year and how he was a hero in ER.
A manager needs yime to sort his team out and put his mark on the club, Yogi is just another manager who was never given the time to do so.
I dont think a new manager will do any good untill Jan when we can get some players in and some out :(

We wont find another manager who cares about the club as much as Yogi

I wish Yogi all the best xx

Whilst I am sad in a way to see him go its like watching a pet who is on his last legs. You know sometimes its better for them and you to put them out of their misery.

There was a distinct lack of tactical awareness. Teams coming to play Hibs knew we had no width and no grit in the middle of the park which leaves the full backs exposed or centre halves making silly challenges to high up the park or alternatively too deep.

I wish him all the best and am sure will learn from this but it was time for him to move on and expect if we appoint an experienced manager then they will at least recognise the tactical deficiencies and address them.

Lmc2105
04-10-2010, 04:10 PM
I agree BH. top bloke Hibee through and through and a wish him all the best for the future and hope he does make it somewhere else.

but as a football supporter i can't disagree with the decision i hope now to see better football on the park,

But all the very best Yogi. :thumbsup:

DoonTheSlope
04-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Gutted for Yogi, I honestly thought when he was appointed he was the man to take us to a new level.
However football is a results business and 4 wins or so from 28 games, there was no option.

Best wishes for the big man going forward.

mjhibby
04-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Good luck indeed yogi.Such an inspirational player and did his best as manager.Im sure he will be deep down relieved its over.Showed his love for the club by leaving by mutual consent and with no fuss.Im sure he and brian rice will get a decent pay off and go with the thanks of all hibbies im sure.Radio scotland pinditry awaits me thinks and he should balance out the allan preston,paul mitchell and robbo hertz bias there.Enjoy a break from management yogi because i think you need it and come back somewhere a wiser and healthier man.

Jack
04-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Once again sad but once again the right thing to do.

I’ll wish the big man my very best wishes but NO kisses!

Hibee_Lisa
04-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Wish him all the best in the future :agree:

The_Todd
04-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Said it elsewhere, so I'll say it here too: good luck, Yogi wherever your next appointment may be.

hibiedude
04-10-2010, 04:24 PM
I wish Yogi well where ever he ends up but its Hibs that's going to need all the luck to get us back on track and it won't be an overnight fix

Northern Hibby
04-10-2010, 04:28 PM
I so wanted Hughes to succeed Supported, Played for & Captained us all with a huge heart & great passion he was destined to Manage as where Stanton & Sauzee..............Not bad company to be in Big man :wink: all the best

lyonhibs
04-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Was going to post likewise. Wanted him out, but he was a Hibs hero in my youth, just like Mixu and Sauzee before him.

He has also - to my surprise, I must confess - gone without a sacking hoo-haa, or the unseemingly Jambo sight of the club sacking him then him chasing them up for unfair dismissal. The latter part I would never have expected of JH or Hibs, but I didn't see a "mutual consent" agreement being so amicably reached given his "I'm the man for Hibs" interview immediately after the St J defeat, and his general detemined persona.

Best of luck in the future Yogi :agree: :thumbsup:

GGTTH

shamo9
04-10-2010, 04:31 PM
The derogatory abuse a football manager receives when things aren't going well is always uncalled for. A lot of the really personal jibes about his background, his accent and his intellect were not only upsetting but also irrelevant. He was just a man trying to do a job he was asked to do. It wouldn't be tolerated in any other workplace. It really puts Hibs fans as a whole in a very dim light, we're nothing special in terms of football fans.

Did I want him out? Yes, but we as supporters could've handled it a lot better on here. The name-calling that was endemic during 'Mixup's' time has unfortunately lingered on, as well as the booing and lack of patience.

Whoever the next guy in the firing line is; certainly a requirement is that he's thick skinned to handle things when we fail to perform.

Stantons Angel
04-10-2010, 04:38 PM
To those of you who shouted for his head.... well done...... im sorry but i cant feel happy for you. The abuse this man took from here there and everywhere was shocking to say the least.

After Saturdays dismal result i knew the board would have to act and they did.

Im sad for the man, the hibs supporter, his passion he wore on his sleeve and he tried so hard to make it work. Im sorry that it didnt work for him i really am.

Yes he will bounce back and be stronger and have learnt from it.

Good luck Yogi, hope something good comes up for you soon.

(((Fergus)))
04-10-2010, 04:47 PM
To those of you who shouted for his head.... well done...... im sorry but i cant feel happy for you. The abuse this man took from here there and everywhere was shocking to say the least.

Im sad for the man, the hibs supporter, his passion he wore on his sleeve and he tried so hard to make it work. Im sorry that it didnt work for him i really am.

It was his own fault. If he hadn't tried to bullsh it people, he'd not only have got a lot more slack he might even have learned from his mistakes.

PeeJay
04-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Sorry to see him go TBH, as a Hibs fan I feel you have to despair when a passionate Hibs fan is treated with so much vilification by Hibs fans ... what does that say about the Club, I wonder? Disappointed he actually agreed to go, I expected more of a fight on his part ...

I'm out on a limb on my own here probably, I know, but I'm not convinced that it was the right decision to let Hughes go this early in the season - bigger clubs in Europe are having poor starts to the season similar to ours, except they are much worse in scale because they are clubs that actually achieve things in the game - but none of them have ditched their managers yet. Liverpool, Schalke, Stuttgart and Bayern Munich - all languishing in places they are not used to ... and here we are ditching yet another manager: what is it now, 8 managers in ten years - unbelievable! This is a sign of permanent crisis at a club, not forward thinking, surely? What have we achieved with this constant chopping and changing - apart from briefly placating frustrated fans? Seems to me our dismal record of non-achievement will continue - not a huge step forward in my opinion, just more of the same sxxx is on its way.

Can't believe posters on *.net asking for Mowbray, Collins, Calderwood or the sage at Motherwell to take over the club - Petrie's only sane option now is to get the money on the table and go for a truly experienced and successful manager - otherwise it'll just be more of the time-wasting, non-achieving "normality" that has become the Hibs way it seems. Cue the "fans" who just want to see flair football and enjoy themselves ... or the tactical genuises who claimed when Riordan plays up front everything will be alright ...

I am finally coming round to believing that the problems at Easter Road are so deep-rooted that it's all truly a lost cause - losing the faith I think they call it. Hibs ... my club for 40+ years, I'm sick to the teeth of giving the Club new chances when every opportunity is squandered for lack of vision, staying power, belief, discipline, ability and the attitudes and morals of a "big club" that intends to achieve things ... not all of this can simply be laid at the door of a manager, surely?

Part of me wishes that the next guy will fix it all, and make it come good at last, but TBH this decision just makes me realise I'm past caring and beyond believing.

So, good luck Yogi and, as to Hibs, - well, go on then, surprise me!

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-10-2010, 04:56 PM

But perhaps if people hadn't shouted for his head, he would still be in charge and we would still be tippy-tappy passing our way to the bottom of the league and who knows what else. If you were at McDiarmid on Saturday, you surely can't have wanted us to continue like this? I hope that he can bounce back, but if the problem is the players and not him, then surely for the sake of his own credibility, he had to get out?

Sas_The_Hibby
04-10-2010, 04:58 PM
The derogatory abuse a football manager receives when things aren't going well is always uncalled for. A lot of the really personal jibes about his background, his accent and his intellect were not only upsetting but also irrelevant. He was just a man trying to do a job he was asked to do. It wouldn't be tolerated in any other workplace. It really puts Hibs fans as a whole in a very dim light, we're nothing special in terms of football fans.

Did I want him out? Yes, but we as supporters could've handled it a lot better on here. The name-calling that was endemic during 'Mixup's' time has unfortunately lingered on, as well as the booing and lack of patience.

Whoever the next guy in the firing line is; certainly a requirement is that he's thick skinned to handle things when we fail to perform.

:confused:

Sorry, but I happen to think intellect - the ability to learn and reason; the capacity for knowledge and understanding - are extremely relevant in a manager. I don't need him to be able to quote Shakespeare or solve a quadratic equation but I do expect him to have some intelligence about football.

Eaststand
04-10-2010, 05:05 PM
He's defo one of us and he tried and it didn't work out for him, but he tried hard to make it work for us all.
I wish Yogi all the best for the future and hope another club comes along for him quickly

GGTTH

E.T. is a Hibee
04-10-2010, 05:07 PM

WTF!!! Mate he was a goal down on Sat and he didnt make one change to the team tactics or made any subs can you comprehend how bad that is!:grr:

the da
04-10-2010, 07:24 PM
I always hoped yogi would be manager of hibs sadly its went pear shaped but if a man with his passion for the club cant get the players to winning then whoever comes in has got a tough job on thier hands

Albion Hibs
04-10-2010, 07:30 PM
For me the board are wrong. However, it is now done and I would thank Yogi for his time at the club, finishing 4th, qualifying for europe, taking us on a 14 game unbeaten run, results through in the west, bringing in a good sum of money to our club in the form of signing Stokes so that Rod could sell him on - forgotton factors by many a hibbee out there.

I apologies on behalf of a section of fans that booed you and your players and the fact that you were not given this season to see if we could achieve what we did last year.

All the best to you.

3pm
04-10-2010, 07:33 PM
For me the board are wrong. However, it is now done and I would thank Yogi for his time at the club, finishing 4th, qualifying for europe, taking us on a 14 game unbeaten run, results through in the west, bringing in a good sum of money to our club in the form of signing Stokes so that Rod could sell him on - forgotton factors by many a hibbee out there.

I apologies on behalf of a section of fans that booed you and your players and the fact that you were not given this season to see if we could achieve what we did last year.

All the best to you.

That's good of you. :agree:

Mr Jolly
04-10-2010, 07:37 PM
WTF!!! Mate he was a goal down on Sat and he didnt make one change to the team tactics or made any subs can you comprehend how bad that is!:grr:

Im sure the big man will feel he has lost his beloved.....it was not to be. He is a guy who I greatly admire but hey, he just didn't have it. Good luck big man, as Im sure you will find another club......Goodbye John. (Ive had Stella)

Albion Hibs
04-10-2010, 07:41 PM
That's good of you. :agree:

Beat it.

Holmesdale Hibs
04-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Time will tell whether this is the right decision, I'm still not sure myself. Either way, he always gave his all as a player and manager and I wish him all the best.

erin go bragh
04-10-2010, 07:53 PM
all the best yogi [thanks 4 last season] well the 1st half
GGTTH

Sas_The_Hibby
04-10-2010, 07:56 PM
Time will tell whether this is the right decision, I'm still not sure myself. Either way, he always gave his all as a player and manager and I wish him all the best.

I'm not sure how, unless you can travel into an alternative universe where he stayed on as manager. :wink:

DH1875
04-10-2010, 08:50 PM
I'd like to wish Yogi all the best for the future and wish him well. Great guy and real pitty that it all went so so wrong.

maximushibee
04-10-2010, 09:01 PM

He is a celtic fan went to school with a celtic top on and fightin with hibs fans my dads pal still has the scars..

Sir David Gray
04-10-2010, 09:05 PM
There really was no alternative, he had to go and the board reached the correct decision, eventually.

Things were getting worse rather than better, in terms of performances, and I honestly feel that we were (possibly still are) heading for a relegation battle this season. I personally feel that he should have been sacked after the shambolic collapse against Motherwell four months ago but it's not too late to salvage this season and get the team back on track.

In saying all that, John Hughes is a Hibs fan and for that reason alone, I wanted him to succeed because it must have been a lifelong dream for him to manage the club and it's just such a pity that it's ended up like this.

I hope he gets back into employment in the near future and that he makes a success of whoever he takes over.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Yogi has turned into Hibs' very own Princess Di already!

Tricla
04-10-2010, 09:21 PM

Good post.

TBH there are some total morons on here and at ER who I'm at times sorry to have to share my football affinity with.

Sad thing is, if the next appointment doesn't work out they'll react in the same immature and moronic way.

ATM, we have no right to consider ourselves as 'special' fans or better than those of any other club.

Sorry that it didn't work out for you Yogi son. I dearly hoped it would so that you could ram some of the unbelievable things said about you back down the ugly throats that they came from.

Some of us need to have a long hard look at ourselves as 'Hibs fans'. Something that Yogi will never have to do.

LALthehibeeGAL
04-10-2010, 09:37 PM
I was just about to start a similar thread.

I'm actually very sad it didn't work out for him, as I was when Mixu left. He's Hibs through and through, one of our own etc and i'm sure the recent run of poor results have hurt him just as much as any of us. Some of the abuse he received was, to be perfectly honest, nothing short of disgraceful. The 'Yogi GTF' chants at Perth on Saturday were in extremely bad taste. He's an ex-captain and although we were all frustrated he did deserve a certain amount of respect.

I'd like to wish John Hughes the very best of luck in his future managerial career :agree:

:wink::top marks:thumbsup:

Awra best big Yogi - I hope you and your family still come along to the games when you can - once a hibby always a hibby.

Cheers
Lal:wink:

Wilbur
04-10-2010, 09:41 PM
All the best Yogi, still a good Hibbee and always will be. Things didn't work out at ER, but now we move on. GGTTH

jacomo
04-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Last season John Hughes talked about his long term "vision" for the club, even publicly stating that he was going for third place as a statement of intent. We are now a club with a 20,000 seat stadium and need that ambition.

Instead, this season he was saying "wasn't 4th great?", and dismissing his critics as people who didn't understand football.

A bit more honesty and a willingness to acknowledge what most fans saw - that the team wasn't performing the way we expected them to - might have seen him keep his job.

No one says this is an easy job. Hibs fans expect a lot, and are vocal about complaining when they don't get it. But - weirdly for a supposed "Hibs man" - it seemed as if his heart wasn't in it.

DH1875
04-10-2010, 10:15 PM
He is a celtic fan went to school with a celtic top on and fightin with hibs fans my dads pal still has the scars..

He is a hibs fan. Been in his company a few times and even when he was captain of celtic you could find him having a few beers down Leith way. Even remember him doing a Deeks on a few occassions in couples bar. (In the days before mobile phones with camaras).

IberianHibernian
04-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Just been reading e mails sent by friends and relatives before news of Yogi`s departure who were at Perth on Saturday - all talking of bad play etc but almost all ending " but hope Yogi stays on " . Not for the first time , online polls and behaviour of a noisy minority ( ? ) don`t always reflect opinion of fans . Anyway , hope Yogi does well in the future ( and as said here already he`s got the determination to prove a lot of people wrong ) . Not convinced we`ll do better whoever is new manager though results couldn`t get much worse I suppose .

Baldy Foghorn
04-10-2010, 10:24 PM

The majority of travellers on the bus you go on, wanted Yogi out.... He was a disaster, take off the green tinted specs JC, I for one am delighted

BEEJ
04-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Just been reading e mails sent by friends and relatives before news of Yogi`s departure who were at Perth on Saturday - all talking of bad play etc but almost all ending " but hope Yogi stays on " .
Stated in 'hope' for the sake of the individual rather than in 'belief' as to what he might achieve given more time?

I've yet to hear or read any summary of what has been achieved within the Hibs first team since February / March this year. What has been developed? What new tactics are being deployed? Have we learned the lessons of past painful performances? Even setting aside the results, there were few, if any, signs or indications in the performances that the team was moving in the right direction.

With some evidence of that he would have been given more time.

Jonnyboy
04-10-2010, 10:37 PM
Stated in 'hope' for the sake of the individual rather than in 'belief' as to what he might achieve given more time?

I've yet to hear or read any summary of what has been achieved within the Hibs first team since February / March this year. What has been developed? What new tactics are being deployed? Have we learned the lessons of past painful performances? Even setting aside the results, there were few, if any, signs or indications in the performances that the team was moving in the right direction.

:top marks

--------
04-10-2010, 11:29 PM

Exactly.

He had to go. :top marks

Dashing Bob S
05-10-2010, 02:54 AM
I Think hardly anybody on this thread is saying that he could have stayed on under the circumstances. However there are plenty of threads on this board devoted to running John Hughes down. It would be nice if we keep one dedicated to thanking him for his efforts, for getting us back in Europe, and expressing a bit of sorrow that once again, it didn't work out for one if our own.

E.T. is a Hibee
05-10-2010, 09:22 PM
You need to get a new hairdresser mate :greengrin

Got a new one, just signed up for first thing Sat!:top marks

LALthehibeeGAL
05-10-2010, 09:25 PM

A certain jambo who talks a load o p*sh normally on a certain radio football phone in actually said something that made sense which was a shock at first but he pointed out that Hibs are only 3 points off Hertz and the home record at the PBS is no better than Hibs so why aint anyone calling for JJ's head?

Anyway - imo he tried his best and had a plan which I believe you need more time for but hibs fans (granted not all) don't seem to have the patience anymore.

Everyone is going on about how "successful TM was" eh - he was successful in getting us playing attacking flowing football yes but we won nowt with him and he jumped ship.

anyway I couldnae care less who we get cos, IMO in another 12 - 18 months it will be the same mesages on here calling for the next persons head - please please give the next guy time please a "vision" takes a few years!

Albion Hibs
05-10-2010, 10:01 PM
A certain jambo who talks a load o p*sh normally on a certain radio football phone in actually said something that made sense which was a shock at first but he pointed out that Hibs are only 3 points off Hertz and the home record at the PBS is no better than Hibs so why aint anyone calling for JJ's head?

Anyway - imo he tried his best and had a plan which I believe you need more time for but hibs fans (granted not all) don't seem to have the patience anymore.

Everyone is going on about how "successful TM was" eh - he was successful in getting us playing attacking flowing football yes but we won nowt with him and he jumped ship.

anyway I couldnae care less who we get cos, IMO in another 12 - 18 months it will be the same mesages on here calling for the next persons head - please please give the next guy time please a "vision" takes a few years!

Well said. I agree with Cameron, it is a fine line between success and failure, in my view if we score the penalty against ICT we win the game, and are two points off third, De Graff scores against Rangers, or Hamilton and the same thing, two points more.

There is no doubt that the run of results would still be an issue for some, but I dont honestly think Yogi would be gone if any of the above had gone our way. Performances were not good, but I think that would have come right, all these players out of contract at the end of the year makes me think he had big plans for Hibs and empty and re-fill - a vision for how we were to go ahead.

I agree with your fear, that in 18 months it will be the same slander and the same result, another manager leaving the club.

Phil D. Rolls
07-10-2010, 04:41 PM
I always hoped yogi would be manager of hibs sadly its went pear shaped but if a man with his passion for the club cant get the players to winning then whoever comes in has got a tough job on thier hands

See me, I'm passionate about motor racing, but I'll never win the F1 Championship. Sometimes you need to have a few other things, like a brain (or a car).

Good post.

TBH there are some total morons on here and at ER who I'm at times sorry to have to share my football affinity with.

Sad thing is, if the next appointment doesn't work out they'll react in the same immature and moronic way.

ATM, we have no right to consider ourselves as 'special' fans or better than those of any other club.

Sorry that it didn't work out for you Yogi son. I dearly hoped it would so that you could ram some of the unbelievable things said about you back down the ugly throats that they came from.

Some of us need to have a long hard look at ourselves as 'Hibs fans'. Something that Yogi will never have to do.

What utter sentimental tosh. I've heard more lucid arguments from 8 year old kids.

--------
08-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Good post.

D'you want some sugar on this? Honey? Maple syrup? :bitchy:

You're so sweet you've got my teeth aching.

YehButNoBut
10-10-2010, 08:50 AM
Scott Arfield sticking up for Hughes in NOTW.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_sport/1071896/Ex-Bairn-insists-John-Hughes-had-skill-to-take-any-team-to-the-top.html

Phil D. Rolls
10-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Scott Arfield sticking up for Hughes in NOTW.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_sport/1071896/Ex-Bairn-insists-John-Hughes-had-skill-to-take-any-team-to-the-top.html

Arfield, who admits he doesn't keep in touch with Yogi, yet is still somehow able to comment on how he managed Hibs. Mind you if Arfield says Yogi knows about tactics, then who am I to argue. Football people know what's going on.

Billy Mac
10-10-2010, 08:48 PM
All the best to you John,it's a shame that the 'Dutch' way of doing things were not able to be applied but some average player's gave you/us average performances and the Dutch way would be great if we had players who could embrace the awareness to implement that style of play.What was odd was that as an ex-centre half,we were so gutless at the back and nobody seemed to chat and get angry and talk to each other.No leaders.Big Eck at least got the team solid from the back as was evidenced from the thumping we gave 'Heartselona' [big team my arse!].All the best to Yogi and if some of those chancers had the club as close to their hearts as he does maybe we'd be in a better place.Onwards and upwards and hopefully Yogi will get back in the game,he deserves it.Hibs forever.

Tricla
10-10-2010, 09:25 PM
See me, I'm passionate about motor racing, but I'll never win the F1 Championship. Sometimes you need to have a few other things, like a brain (or a car).

What utter sentimental tosh. I've heard more lucid arguments from 8 year old kids.

WTF? Sentimental tosh? Baws. I just hated the way Yogi, and his predecessor FWIW (both Hibs legends BTW), were treated by the moronic section of our support. They embarrass me and thousands of others at ER and on here every week. If you don't think that my comments are lucid then I think that your lucidity should come under scrutiny. :bye:

D'you want some sugar on this? Honey? Maple syrup? :bitchy:

You're so sweet you've got my teeth aching.

:confused: