PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Calderwood (merged)

The Sea-gull
04-10-2010, 11:49 AM
........and he brings Jimmy Nicholl and Sandy Clark with him, will we accept them or will they be dismissed due to their Hun (Tango and Sash) and Yam (Sandy Clark) connections?

I'm not widely for or against them being appointed as JC has the correct level of experience and track record needed but the Dons fans must hate him for some reason.

Steer clear of Michael O'Neil - he's got Mixu's C.V.

Gus McPherson is another Yogi. Derek McInnes and Billy Reid have Yogi's C.V. less the amount of SPL experience though McInnes would be interesting but don't think we are in a position to take gambles on young managers or maybe we are and that is the best way for us to go on our resources.

Mowbray - not thanks. Doubt he'd be interested and he's a different man these days.

Calderwood might be too obvious and the Hibs board never go down that road. I would be surprised to see a unknown or unmentioned name come forward.

smurf
04-10-2010, 11:51 AM
I would happily accept his Sheep SPL record at ER.

Golden Bear
04-10-2010, 11:52 AM
........and he brings Jimmy Nicholl and Sandy Clark with him, will we accept them or will they be dismissed due to their Hun (Tango and Sash) and Yam (Sandy Clark) connections?

I'm not widely for or against them being appointed as JC has the correct level of experience and track record needed but the Dons fans must hate him for some reason.

Gus McPherson is another Yogi. Derek McInnes and Billy Reid have Yogi's C.V. less the amount of SPL experience though McInnes would be interesting but don't think we are in a position to take gambles on young managers or maybe we are and that is the best way for us to go on our resources.

Mowbray - not thanks. Doubt he'd be interested and he's a different man these days.

Calderwood might be too obvious and the Hibs board never go down that road. I would be surprised to see a unknown or unmentioned name come forward.

I'd like to think we're above that sort of nonsense.

Hainan Hibs
04-10-2010, 11:56 AM
His Euro record with the Sheep wasn't too bad either with some memorable nights for them.

I'd take him at ER but I accept most people wouldn't because of the style of football they believe he would play. If any Hibby takes the "hun connections" attitude a bus pass to Septic Park should probably be considered.

3pm
04-10-2010, 11:56 AM

You'd think eh?!

Some of his Rangers arse kissing wouldn't go down well among certain sections of our support. Also, he's a gob****** that loves to talk to the papers which - in my view - he would need to curtail.

jarre1875
04-10-2010, 11:57 AM
unfortunatly some of our support would not accept the Rangers/yam connection cause they probably wouldn't be "Hibs Class" :wink:

Spike Mandela
04-10-2010, 11:57 AM

Sandy Clark. WTF Why not get Allan preston in and go the whole hog.

We may rise above football allegiances but Clark never misses a chance to have a dig at us when commenting on radio.

I think even if offered , like Hartley was, it would be considered too big a hurdle to overcome for Clark and the support to accept.

Green_one
04-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Is Nicholl not managing elsewhere?

The day Sandy Clark enters ER in a management team is a day that will NEVER happen.

Not my first choice unless he is in as short term for 'stablisation'

smurf
04-10-2010, 12:00 PM

We may rise above football allegiances but Clark never misses a chance to have a dig at us when commenting on radio.

I think even if offered , like Hartley was, it would be considered too big a hurdle to overcome for Clark and the support to accept.

Why does it bother you?

Would you seriously prefer the wrong guy who you like over the right guy you dislike?

Obviously in an ideal world the right guy would be a big Hibby etc etc but have we not just recently tried this route?

I want the best guy for the job. Couldn't care whether i like him or not.

Spike Mandela
04-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Why does it bother you?

Would you seriously prefer the wrong guy who you like over the right guy you dislike?

Obviously in an ideal world the right guy would be a big Hibby etc etc but have we not just recently tried this route?

I want the best guy for the job. Couldn't care whether i like him or not.

I understand that but some guys and some jobs just don't go.

Do you think Sandy Clark would get a fair crack of the whip if things started badly?

Calderwood would not be my choice but if it came to pass I doubt very much if Sandy Clark would be involved.

H18sry
04-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Is Nicholl not managing elsewhere?

The day Sandy Clark enters ER in a management team is a day that will NEVER happen.

Not my first choice unless he is in as short term for 'stablisation'

:agree: He has the Blue Brazil punching above there weight :agree:

Stuarty27
04-10-2010, 12:10 PM
The "Hun" connection should make no difference.

Look at the way some of you's treated the last manager who was a Hibs man through and through.

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2010, 12:14 PM
I dont want Sandy Clark at easter road, as has been said he never has a good word to say about us, mind you going by that i dont want half this board. And he's a hun. I dont like them, never have, couple that with his Hearts connections and i dont think he'd get the support of a lot of fans. I want better than him and the other cronies that seem to come as a team.

Whoever we get has to have everyone behind them, it may be small minded, but they would never unite the support, and as we have seen, thats a must.

sahib
04-10-2010, 12:18 PM
I dont want Sandy Clark at easter road, as has been said he never has a good word to say about us, mind you going by that i dont want half this board. And he's a hun. I dont like them, never have, couple that with his Hearts connections and i dont think he'd get the support of a lot of fans. I want better than him and the other cronies that seem to come as a team.

Whoever we get has to have everyone behind them, it may be small minded, but they would never unite the support, and as we have seen, thats a must.

Did Sandy not turn us down as a player, preferring to be part-time with Airdrie?

smurf
04-10-2010, 12:22 PM
I understand that but some guys and some jobs just don't go.

Do you think Sandy Clark would get a fair crack of the whip if things started badly?

Calderwood would not be my choice but if it came to pass I doubt very much if Sandy Clark would be involved.

We all too easily buy into 'He's a Hibby' or 'He's a Yam'. These guys are professionals.

I think Sandy Clark right at this moment in time is a 'Hertz C...' but IF he became in any way involved at ER he would be a professional looking to do the best he possibly could in his role.

He'd want to stuff the Hertz.

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Did Sandy not turn us down as a player, preferring to be part-time with Airdrie?

I don't remember that? :dunno:

Cabbage East
04-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Let's face it, Clark will never be accepted.

I could do without any of these people near our club.

easty
04-10-2010, 01:00 PM
I couldnt care less about the Rangers or Hearts connections, I just dont rate him as a manager.

Quick check on Wikipedia says in 227 games he won 41.4%.....Hughes won 41.34% in 283 at Falkirk and Billy Reids record is better than both of them.

So why exactly are so many people saying others dont have a reason for not wanting Jimmy "tactically inept" Calderwood?

There's also the fact that along with his record (no better than Hughes/Reid) he comes accross as a tool and saunters about like he's Tommy from Goodfellas.

So can someone actually give me a decent reason why he'd be a good appointment?

ALF TUPPER
04-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Yep

I would go for Caldo, Nicholl & Clarke.
3 Very experienced coaches / good contacts etc/.. . Dont care about their backgrounds... Hun /jambo tendencies. Disnae matter to me .
If they can do a job at Easter Road - lets have them in there.

Lets NOT go for a young inexperienced coach who has had a nice wee run with a team in a lower division , who talks the talk :blah:

Craig Brown / Archie knox wont leave Motherwell to come to Easter Rd. I think they might might be a rare breed in scottish football. Both seem to have principles and loyalty.

I dont think the board have long to decide. Whatever happens over the next few days, weeks & years - i love my Club and will support the new manager and the team always.

Come on the Hibees - Happy days ahead.

Finally, thanks Yogi. All the best.

New Corrie
04-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Let's face it, Clark will never be accepted.

I could do without any of these people near our club.

What are these people? What sort of people do you want near the club?

Vini1875
04-10-2010, 01:13 PM
I think some people are huns/diet huns and some rangers supporters or hearts supporters tango/nicholl/clark are huns/diet huns. It is a personality thing more than anything.

Dashing Bob S
04-10-2010, 01:20 PM
To be fair most members of Clark's own household would doubtlessly find him unacceptable.

Some of the names being mentioned on here are so scary they are actually renewing my faith in the tried-and-spectacularly failed ex-player option.

Big Frank
04-10-2010, 01:21 PM
Look, Hibernian FC need (amongst other things!!) harmony.

Sandy Clark et al? Come on! There is no one in the football world Hibernian can turn to but the likes sandy clark? FFS.

Non starter. And rightly so!

Hibernian need to look further afield, and bring in the right man (however long it takes), and pay the right cash.

We need to steady the ship. Sandy Clark (never heard a good word said by him about Hibernian) is not the type to bring that.

In fact I'll go against the grain here, Yam bawbag as far as I'm concerned.

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2010, 01:23 PM

Sandy Clark et al? Come on! There is no one in the football world Hibernian can turn to but the likes sandy clark? FFS.

Hibernian need to look further afield, and bring in the right man (however long it takes), and pay the right cash.

We need to steady the ship. Sandy Clark (never heard a good word said by him about Hibernian) is not the type to bring that.

:agree: :top marks

Cabbage East
04-10-2010, 01:25 PM
What are these people? What sort of people do you want near the club?

It's fairly obvious that 'these people' means the people mentioned above. Who else would i be talking about? :confused:

New Corrie
04-10-2010, 01:31 PM
The one thing that the Managerial speculation always brings, is the confirmation that a lot of Hibs fans are bigotted and no better than the OF fans that they get all high n mighty about.

3 out of the last 4 managers have been ex Celtic players. A continuation of that trend will keep the diets happy. Probably a price worth paying to stop them whinging about nasty huns.

Golden Bear
04-10-2010, 01:37 PM
The one thing that the Managerial speculation always brings, is the confirmation that a lot of Hibs fans are bigotted and no better than the OF fans that they get all high n mighty about.

3 out of the last 4 managers have been ex Celtic players. A continuation of that trend will keep the diets happy. Probably a price worth paying to stop them whinging about nasty huns.

I still think the narrow minded punters are in the minority. The vast majority of fans will accept the best candidate for the job regardless of his background.

easty
04-10-2010, 01:38 PM

Behave yourself.

Please dinnnae say I'm a bigot, I feel terrible now, that's it....I'll change my mind, can we please get the dream team of Calderwood and Clark in before Liverpool come calling for them.

Holmesdale Hibs
04-10-2010, 01:47 PM

Please no.

Golden Bear
04-10-2010, 01:51 PM
Please no.

:agree:

I could take Calderwood but not Clarke. I detested him when he was a player, I detested him as a Manager and I detest him even more as a pundit.

And apart from that, he's no very guid anyway.

gobragh1875
04-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Tango comes to E R and i will not set one foot in side it again what we need is a managerwho will stand upto the players and not let them go greetin ta R P every time things dont go their way ie mr hogg and mr murray

Hibernia Na Eir
04-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Im bitterly against any of this mob taking the reigns at Hibernian.

They are not Hibs people and whilst i have said i'd prefer a non-Hibs appointment for a change, these people are not the correct choice. Calderwood is a west coaster, Rangers supporter and his success at Aberdeen was poor. Killie fans were happy to see the back of him too so why accept the clown(s) at Hibernian?

Clark is even worse! A Rangers supporting ex Yam! And least said about McNicol the better.

Please dont do it Rod :bitchy:

Cabbage East
04-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Im bitterly against any of this mob taking the reigns at Hibernian.

They are not Hibs people and whilst i have said i'd prefer a non-Hibs appointment for a change, these people are not the correct choice. Calderwood is a west coaster, Rangers supporter and his success at Aberdeen was poor. Killie fans were happy to see the back of him too so why accept the clown(s) at Hibernian?

Clark is even worse! A Rangers supporting ex Yam! And least said about McNicol the better.

Please dont do it Rod :bitchy:

Bigot :wink:

Famous Fiver
04-10-2010, 02:20 PM
I hate to post anything negative BUT

if it is Calderwood & Co I'll no be back until they are gone.

Dashing Bob S
04-10-2010, 02:25 PM
I hate to post anything negative BUT

if it is Calderwood & Co I'll no be back until they are gone.

I'm in the same boat. This same dross will be trotted out everytime an SPL vacancy comes up. We're guaranteed 5th and crowds of 8,500 with this mob of archetypal students of Scottish mediocrity at its finest at the helm.

bawheid
04-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Jimmy Calderwood would be a complete disaster. Williamson all over again.

Mikeystewart
04-10-2010, 02:30 PM
The fact that no one has been confirmed to take charge for the killi game aka another coach already at hibs leads me to believe that the board are close to getting someone in soon. Jimmy Calderwood was on off the ball on Saturday, and was relatively coy when asked about the Hibs job before Yogi had even left.......

ANDY McGEECHAN
04-10-2010, 02:39 PM

WELL SAID BIG FRANK :top marks :top marks :top marks :top marks

Bostonhibby
04-10-2010, 02:57 PM

Me tae, I just dinnae want him because he is Calderwood....................

Ernie Cobra
04-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Simple question,
Would you like to see him at Easter Road, as he is now the bookies favourite to take the reigns.

Personally i really hope its not him, just interested to see what sort of reception he might get on here?

banarc7062
04-10-2010, 03:03 PM
I take it you did not read any of the replies to a similar post the other day :yawn:

Bostonhibby
04-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Wi You Ernie

Possible Poll options?

Calderwood

1. Not for me thanks.

2. No, if I ever see him in the vicinity of ER I will lamp him with a golf club.

3. No, and I promise I will do time if we appoint him.

4. No, and I will switch my allegiance to the Yams until he leaves.

5. Yes please, I have already had my body tattooed orange in anticipation.

since90plustwo
04-10-2010, 03:10 PM
i thin he would get the job done, but what hibs need is a manager that knows how to win but will also play attractive enough football to get us fans through the gate

Bostonhibby
04-10-2010, 03:11 PM
:yawn: To save a key stroke, you don't even have to make a decision.

1. Not for me thanks.

2. No, if I ever see him in the vicinity of ER I will lamp him with a golf club.

Golden Bear
04-10-2010, 03:15 PM
If he was the best candidate for the job then I'd have no problem.

The Dons fans were not happy with him but they've sure gone downhill since he left.

easty
04-10-2010, 03:15 PM

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-10-2010, 03:16 PM

M11BMO
04-10-2010, 03:17 PM

Ernie Cobra
04-10-2010, 03:18 PM
I take it you did not read any of the replies to a similar post the other day :yawn:

Obviously not :dummytit:

blairwallace
04-10-2010, 03:19 PM
1, 2 and 3

the more and more JC threads come up and if someone from the board cone on here to see what the fans want, they'll think we want him! JIMMY CALDERWOOD GTF!

Ernie Cobra
04-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Wi You Ernie

Possible Poll options?

Calderwood

1. Not for me thanks.

much prefer these options, i was trying to be Hibs.net correct, it's a version of political correctness that changes from day to day to suite the end user

New Corrie
04-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Here's one to placate the Diets, how about Pat "who will I support this week" Nevin? Everyone salivates and get's their todger out when he gets a mention on these boards.....plus he's not got any connections to Rangers, plenty to Celtic, but hey ho!

col02
04-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Part of me says no but another part says yes why not at least till the end of the season at which point either he or a new manager will at least have enough scope to change things for the better.

chewit
04-10-2010, 03:33 PM

persevere1875
04-10-2010, 03:35 PM
1 . 2 . & 3

Dunbar Hibee
04-10-2010, 03:39 PM

Hainan Hibs
04-10-2010, 03:42 PM
Here's one to placate the Diets, how about Pat "who will I support this week" Nevin? Everyone salivates and get's their todger out when he gets a mention on these boards.....plus he's not got any connections to Rangers, plenty to Celtic, but hey ho!

:faf: I've got to agree though, if Jimmy C was "Celtic minded" no one would bother their arse. But hey, he's a "hun" so let's go :panic::panic::panic::panic:

Leith Green
04-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Please god no...... Another Blobby williamson waiting to happen! This man will take recent supporters apathy to a new level, he is ten times the twat Blobby was as well......

JDanielR1875
04-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Ive chosen to vote yes as the man has clearly proved he can cut it as a manager his coaching staff would do well with the facilitys available. We cant afford to bring in any rookie manager or any Ex-players.

Gatecrasher
04-10-2010, 04:07 PM
IF the board were to appoint him he would get my backing just like any manager they appoint

.Sean.
04-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Jimmy Calderwood? Please no. Eye-bleeding football is all he offers, and it is probably the least ambitionate(?) and unimaginative appointment the board come make.

Sandy Clark is a Hearts fanny, and Jimmy Nicholl is at Cowden.

keep the faith
04-10-2010, 04:10 PM
No way I will support a calderwood appointment. No way. Some of the names being trotted out here is shocking. Would rather do something different and fail than accept journeyman managers just cause they kept another spl in 7th place or something.

bighairyfaeleith
04-10-2010, 04:18 PM
**** I votes yes by mistake, **** I meant NO

The_Todd
04-10-2010, 04:19 PM

I think that's not fair, really.

Out of those 3

2 we also ex-Hibs players (Hughes\Collins)
1 of which won a cup with us (Collins)
2 of which produced some great football for us (Mowbray\Collins)

Who someone used to play for should be a non-issue. Be it Yam, Hun or Dhim.

Top Pans Hibby
04-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Ian Macparland? Ex Notts County...plenty of experience and a good hibby

allezsauzee
04-10-2010, 04:37 PM
I'd rather have Yogi than Tangoman, at least Yogi signed a few decent players

JimBHibees
04-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Calderwood would be a less than inspirational appointment however maybe a solid and experienced management team would be just what we need. Dont really care if Clark came or not as he would just be assisting and would have minimal input.

gringojoe
04-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Rather have Jimmy****ingkrankie before tangoman

Bostonhibby
04-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Bigot :wink:

:greengrin me tae, where do I sign up?

E.T. is a Hibee
04-10-2010, 04:51 PM

WTF!!!!!! It's cause of folk like you we ended up with JH. The guy's you have mentioned are complete and utter S***E, wee mentality!:grr:

hibbybrian
04-10-2010, 05:01 PM

You're discounting his Chelsea connection to the Gers then D. :wink:

Personally I wouldn't have a problem with a Manager with Hearts or Rangers connections but I can't see any positive with Sandy Clarke - born in Airdrie and played for Airdrie - I don't want my team playing like Airdrie :greengrin

PISTOL1875
04-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Jimmy Calderwood is a hun...

Sandy Clark is a yam..

At the end of the day , who gives a monkeys..

Wasn't Ivan Sproule a hun when he was here but we all cheered him when he put the ball in the net didn't we ?

Steven Whittaker and Mikey Stewart are both yams but we cheered them and got behind them when they played for us didn't we ??

Eaststand
04-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Jimmy Calderwood would be a complete disaster. Williamson all over again.

Correct and following on from there, the obvious candidate for me is Tony Mowbray.
Yep he left us to try his luck in the Engerlish leagues and then onto the tic where he was out of his depth, but he's learnt that the grass aint always greener etc, and we played some pretty good fitba under TM
Make the call Rod....you know it makes sense

GGTTH

E.T. is a Hibee
04-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Correct and following on from there, the obvious candidate for me is Tony Mowbray.
Yep he left us to try his luck in the Engerlish leagues and then onto the tic where he was out of his depth, but he's learnt that the grass aint always greener etc, and we played some pretty good fitba under TM
Make the call Rod....you know it makes sense

GGTTH

Were you there when he made the point of joining the Tic Huddle before they played us at Easter Road, basically he was giving us the middle finger. Look forward mate!

Dashing Bob S
04-10-2010, 05:28 PM
I couldn't give a toss whether Calderwood supports the Huns, Smeltic, Brechin City or Rochdale.

I do care that he's mediocre pish and plays football that makes you want to stick hot knives into your eyes.

lucky
04-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Amazed that some on here saying they will not go and watch Hibs if Jimmy Calderwood is appointed. I dont care where, when, who or what any new managers background as long as Hibs start winning. ( except Graham Rix)

I support the club not individuals. 9 managers in 10 years back this up. Least with Yogi going we have a chance of staying up.

E.T. is a Hibee
04-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Amazed that some on here saying they will not go and watch Hibs if Jimmy Calderwood is appointed. I dont care where, when, who or what any new managers background as long as Hibs start winning. ( except Graham Rix)

I support the club not individuals. 9 managers in 10 years back this up. Least with Yogi going we have a chance of staying up.

Jimmy Calderwood would be bad news that's why, mate are you no sick of having gash manager after gash manager. Too right it's time for a change its now time to employ someone who's genuinley got the skills to take us forward.

The_Todd
04-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Jimmy Calderwood would be bad news that's why, mate are you no sick of having gash manager after gash manager. Too right it's time for a change its now time to employ someone who's genuinley got the skills to take us forward.

Why? Serious question, aimed at ET only.

I want to make someone give an actual reason instead of muttering things about Huns, Orange, Tan, Tango, or just "gash".

Top Pans Hibby
04-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Ian Macparland? Ex Notts County...plenty of experience and a good hibby

BBC Scotland punting Ian Macparland. What chance Macparland and Stevie Clark???

E.T. is a Hibee
04-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Why? Serious question, aimed at ET only.

I want to make someone give an actual reason instead of muttering things about Huns, Orange, Tan, Tango, or just "gash".

Your right mate, the reason why I wouldn't like to see him as our manager is that I dont believe he could take us forward. J Calderwood teams have never been very inspiring and the never seems to set the heather on fire! For Hibs to apoint him would be a sideways step, guaranteed! I think Hibs have a chance to approach this appointment a little bit different cause the set up off the park is different now. I believe the way to go is to appoint a manager who has experiance at the very top level not necessarily as a manger but a No2 would be acceptable. Our team is extremely attractive and giving it to J Calderwood is not the way forward!

The_Todd
04-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Your right mate, the reason why I wouldn't like to see him as our manager is that I dont believe he could take us forward. J Calderwood teams have never been very inspiring and the never seems to set the heather on fire! For Hibs to apoint him would be a sideways step, guaranteed! I think Hibs have a chance to approach this appointment a little bit different cause the set up off the park is different now. I believe the way to go is to appoint a manager who has experiance at the very top level not necessarily as a manger but a No2 would be acceptable. Our team is extremely attractive and giving it to J Calderwood is not the way forward!

Fair enough. On the flipside I think Calderwood would get results, which is the bottom line. Attractive football may be important, but if it's not coupled with points on the board it's pointless (pardon the pun). Under Hughes we've had neither attractive football nor results. Under Blobby it was the same.

At least under Calderwood they got results, if not attractive games.

If we get the ball in the net more often than the opposition I don't care how it got there.

KiddA
04-10-2010, 06:27 PM
I couldn't give a toss whether Calderwood supports the Huns, Smeltic, Brechin City or Rochdale.

I do care that he's mediocre pish and plays football that makes you want to stick hot knives into your eyes.

Very true :tee hee:

Keep that twat a million miles away from Easter Road :agree:

Jonnyboy
04-10-2010, 06:36 PM

I don't remember that? :dunno:

Yes, he did. Hibs tried twice to sign him but he didn't like the terms offered

Hibby Bairn
04-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Must just be me then re JC.

His managerial record is pretty good and better in terms of European qualification than any Hibs manager of the past 35 years. He has coached in Holland and played there as well.

I remember a JC Dunfermline team coming to ER and tanking us 4-1 plaing what I remember as open, flowing, fast attacking football.

He is proven in the SPL with 3 different clubs, taking two of them to Europe. This included Dunfermline FFS and the Dons to the last 32 of the UEFA Cup.

As I said. Must just be me thinking he would take us forward from where we are just now and probably have us chellenging for Europe and delivering beyond what we have experienced at ER over the past 3 decades.

lucky
04-10-2010, 06:47 PM

His managerial record is pretty good and better in terms of European qualification than any Hibs manager of the past 35 years. He has coached in Holland and played there as well.

I remember a JC Dunfermline team coming to ER and tanking us 4-1 plaing what I remember as open, flowing, fast attacking football.

He is proven in the SPL with 3 different clubs, taking two of them to Europe. This included Dunfermline FFS and the Dons to the last 32 of the UEFA Cup.

As I said. Must just be me thinking he would take us forward from where we are just now and probably have us chellenging for Europe and delivering beyond what we have experienced at ER over the past 3 decades.

I cant belive I agree with a Tory on the day they robbed the family allowance!!!!!
But at least on football he might know something:greengrin

BS44
04-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Fair enough. On the flipside I think Calderwood would get results, which is the bottom line. Attractive football may be important, but if it's not coupled with points on the board it's pointless (pardon the pun). Under Hughes we've had neither attractive football nor results. Under Blobby it was the same.

If we get the ball in the net more often than the opposition I don't care how it got there.

He didn't exactly get results with Killie. 7 wins out of 23, 12 games lost.

27th Feb to 1st May, 11 games played Killie won one and lost ten

stantonhibby
04-10-2010, 06:58 PM

Not forgetting his horrendous cup record ( Queens Pk, QoS to name but two) with the sheep which was ultimately why they got rid

Hibby Bairn
04-10-2010, 06:59 PM
I cant belive I agree with a Tory on the day they robbed the family allowance!!!!!
But at least on football he might know something:greengrin

Ach...most folk who are higher tax payers probably invest the "child allowance" in a unit trust or on a 5* annual holiday as opposed to basic clothing and food. Good idea re wealth distribution I would say. Conservative Socialism!! :wink:

I don't know if anyone heard one of Chick Young's World of Football radio shows a few months ago with Calderwood and Nicholl on it when they did a coaching learning tour around Europe including visiting coaching sessions at Barca, Bayern, Ajax etc. Really interesting stuff.

Re the Killie job More Bills...his aim was to keep them up and that he did with a bankrupt club.

The_Todd
04-10-2010, 07:03 PM

He inherited a complete shambles from Hearts very own "hero" Jumbo Jim. He kept them up, and that's what he was there to do. He didn't even have the benefit of a transfer window to help him either. He had to use JJ's dross which he had steered to the bottom of the table (well, 2 points from the bottom in January) and keep them up.

easty
04-10-2010, 07:09 PM

They didnt get that many results, I posted earlier that his record at Aberdeen was actually on a par with Yogi's at Falkirk in a wins from games %, and it is worse than Billy Reids...

Are you related to Jimmy Calderwood? Or have you bet your life savings on him getting the job? You seem to be arguing his case a lot, god knows why.

Judas Iscariot
04-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Nae Huns Or Mini Huns..

Their sort aren't welcome at ER :agree:

easty
04-10-2010, 07:16 PM
Nae Huns Or Mini Huns..

Fenton...he's a * manager, regardless of whatever else he is. His personality, likes/dislikes, etc. just shouldnt even come close to being a factor, he just doesnt have the talent required to do the job.

Hibernia Na Eir
04-10-2010, 07:16 PM
sheep****gin hun, no thanks.:bitchy:

The_Todd
04-10-2010, 07:17 PM
They didnt get that many results, I posted earlier that his record at Aberdeen was actually on a par with Yogi's at Falkirk in a wins from games %, and it is worse than Billy Reids...

Are you related to Jimmy Calderwood? Or have you bet your life savings on him getting the job? You seem to be arguing his case a lot, god knows why.

Yogis stats would have included Divsion One championship winning seasons whereas Calderwood's with Aberdeen are all SPL stats. Of course Yogis would look comparible.

I'm not saying JC should get the job, I'm saying it wouldn't be the end of the world if he did.

Bishop Hibee
04-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Calderwood would be a divisive appointment which is the last thing we need. I initially thought of him, Craig Brown or Billy Reid to save the sinking ship but looking at posts on this board these names won't be popular.

The board have to go for someone who the fans can unite behind. Someone from outside the clique that is the Scottish managerial merry-go-round probably.

Keith Hills' record at Rochdale is impressive for example. These are the sort of managers I'd hope Petrie and co. keep an eye on and maybe we can hope for another inspired Mowbray type left field Manager.

New Corrie
04-10-2010, 07:26 PM
Nae Huns Or Mini Huns..

Is it only Tims that are welcome at ER?

Bigotry still alive amongst the Hibs support, sorry Baby Celtic support,

New Corrie
04-10-2010, 07:29 PM
sheep****gin hun, no thanks.:bitchy:

prefer a *******gin tim I take it would you?. It's the Baby Celtic brigade out in force again I see.

Dashing Bob S
04-10-2010, 07:33 PM

Okay, I'll bite.

Sure it is only da plastic tims we'll be havin at Easter Road, none of dem dere Huns I'll have ya know or the armalite will be comin out before you can say 'god bless the provos!'

Bet you're chuffed now!

Baader
04-10-2010, 07:33 PM
What puts most off Jimmy Calderwood is not where his football allegiencies lie but the anti-football he serves up.

Be a disasterous appointment IMO. Much like going down the Blobby road again. See more fans staying away. He wasn't popular with the Dons even when they were doing okay. Should be enough of a warning to the board who I couldn't imagine actually considering him...

Beefster
04-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Ach...most folk who are higher tax payers probably invest the "child allowance" in a unit trust or on a 5* annual holiday as opposed to basic clothing and food. Good idea re wealth distribution I would say. Conservative Socialism!! :wink:

I don't know if anyone heard one of Chick Young's World of Football radio shows a few months ago with Calderwood and Nicholl on it when they did a coaching learning tour around Europe including visiting coaching sessions at Barca, Bayern, Ajax etc. Really interesting stuff.

Re the Killie job More Bills...his aim was to keep them up and that he did with a bankrupt club.

When he took over at Killie, both Calderwood and their chairman were talking about making the top six.

Bostonhibby
04-10-2010, 07:41 PM
prefer a *******gin tim I take it would you?. It's the Baby Celtic brigade out in force again I see.

In the current climate I couldnae resist..........

We want none of yae if the bigotry / the cause / guarding Derry's walls / stangely aligning your football to a very sinsiter looking religion / pontificating about the Pontiff etc .......is at least equal to your feelings for your football team,
I feel better already.......

squak
04-10-2010, 07:45 PM
theres no chance i want to c jimmy at this club! however, i think it woul be interesting to see derek adams (ross county) appointed at the club! a youngish manager with high hopes for his present team ! took county on a superb cup run and deserves his shot ! why not?:confused:

Beefster
04-10-2010, 07:48 PM
theres no chance i want to c jimmy at this club! however, i think it woul be interesting to see derek adams (ross county) appointed at the club! a youngish manager with high hopes for his present team ! took county on a superb cup run and deserves his shot ! why not?:confused:

Ross County are sitting 7th of 10 in the First Division and finished 5th last season. I wouldn't want a manager appointed on the basis of a cup run.

Dinkydoo
04-10-2010, 07:53 PM
No.

BS44
04-10-2010, 07:54 PM
He inherited a complete shambles from Hearts very own "hero" Jumbo Jim. He kept them up, and that's what he was there to do. He didn't even have the benefit of a transfer window to help him either. He had to use JJ's dross which he had steered to the bottom of the table (well, 2 points from the bottom in January) and keep them up.

And they finished two points above Falkirk. So in the 23 games he was there they finished exactly where they where when he took over. That's progress.

Let's get him in now and see what he can do with the dross Yogi's left. As long as we finish a point above St.Mirren at the end of the season everything's hunky dory.

hibsdaft
04-10-2010, 07:55 PM
there's huns, and then there's huns.

weecounty hibby
04-10-2010, 07:56 PM
He shouldn't even be in the running. Why do we here in Scotland replace one bad manager with another. He has no tactics, play ugly hope to sneak a 1-0, if you go behind throw six up front and punt it long. Mind numbing eye bleeding stuff. He has got an average record at best. Aberdeen were glad to see the back of him as were Killie. And don't forget he has been without a club for six months, that speaks volumes.

If he is given the job we might as well resign ourselves to being no better than Killie, St J, and any other mid table club. We need to aim higher than average, we have the best infrastructure in Scotland outwith the OF, we need a team and manager to match. C'mon Rod FFS aim high and don't even think about Calderwood.

keep the faith
04-10-2010, 08:00 PM
There will be more than a few casual viewers tonight so this is a nice clear thread which can't be mis interpreted.

We don't want tango man any where near Easter road!

The_Todd
04-10-2010, 08:01 PM
There will be more than a few casual viewers tonight so this is a nice clear thread which can't be mis interpreted.

We don't want tango man any where near Easter road!

So remind me, who's "we"?

Jonnyboy
04-10-2010, 08:03 PM
So remind me, who's "we"?

Is it the same 'we' that apologies have been offered up from after the booing of 'Yogi and the players?'

weecounty hibby
04-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Keep The Faith and me!!!!!

leithsansiro
04-10-2010, 08:05 PM
As proved by the poll elsewhere in the forums, some people do apparently want Calderwood. I don't, as it happens, but never mind.

Hell, why don't they appoint me. I reckon I could at least match Hughes' record of defeats/admirable draws and I could lose the dressing room twice as quick...:wink:

keep the faith
04-10-2010, 08:08 PM
The Todd, give it a bye. There is more than just your opinion today and this thread is for the folks who don't want calderwood.

Dashing Bob S
04-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Also, this Hun stuff is pure conjecture. I would never judge a man by the colour of his skin.

Judas Iscariot
04-10-2010, 08:09 PM

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:WDPoto8QMW0P-M::www.spikedhumor.com/Default.aspx?p%3Dsearch%26query%3Dcaught%26tag%3Dt rue%26%26page%3D6&t=1&usg=AFrqEzfSoi8Mlux-LjgR33ADMpPcNAzmnQ-

Woaaaaah....

clerriehibs
04-10-2010, 08:09 PM
So, general consensus is we don't want another ex-player. You along with plenty others probably, don't want any rangers connection. There'll be plenty others who don't want a celtic connection. No-one will want anyone with a hearts connection, but they're all proven failures anyway.

Why don't we just take our bigot hats off, and hope Petrie appoints the best he can find/afford, rather than cutting our noses off to spite our faces?

The_Todd
04-10-2010, 08:10 PM
The Todd, give it a bye. There is more than just your opinion today and this thread is for the folks who don't want calderwood.

I see. I don't know where I got the idea you were speaking on behalf of all Hibs fans. I do apologise.

mikethehibee69
04-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Get tae f...:grr: dont u bloody dare Petrie otherwise :taxitime again

The_Todd
04-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Also, this Hun stuff is pure conjecture. I would never judge a man by the colour of his skin.

Superb, Robert.

:hilarious

New Corrie
04-10-2010, 08:12 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:WDPoto8QMW0P-M::www.spikedhumor.com/Default.aspx?p%3Dsearch%26query%3Dcaught%26tag%3Dt rue%26%26page%3D6&t=1&usg=AFrqEzfSoi8Mlux-LjgR33ADMpPcNAzmnQ-

Woaaaaah....

:tee hee::a bite::top marks

DH1875
04-10-2010, 08:13 PM
Me, me, me. I don't want him anywhere near Easter Road. Remind me what has he actually ever done?

weecounty hibby
04-10-2010, 08:13 PM
I see. I don't know where I got the idea you were speaking on behalf of all Hibs fans. I do apologise.
I don't think he was, but you seem to be doing a lot of talking on behalf of Calderwood, are you related? You asked yesterday for answers as to why people wouldn't want him, not just the Hun stuff, and I gave you some along with some other posters and you still are asking the same question today!

essexhibee
04-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Please no.

PLEASE.

Andy74
04-10-2010, 08:17 PM
No from me too!

New Corrie
Wasn't really wanting Calderwood, but I do now.

The_Todd
I don't think he was, but you seem to be doing a lot of talking on behalf of Calderwood, are you related? You asked yesterday for answers as to why people wouldn't want him, not just the Hun stuff, and I gave you some along with some other posters and you still are asking the same question today!

No I'm not related. I do not know the man. I have no other connection to Jimmy Calderwood that I am aware of.

Yes, I asked the question, and yes you answered. Good on you, but still most people are giving it the whole "Hun" rubbish as their only reason and it's doing my nut in. This sort of thing belongs on the west coast.

Again, for the record: Calderwood is not my preferred choice - I've not made up my mind who I want yet. I'm just not going to slit my wrists if he is appointed that's all.

weecounty hibby
04-10-2010, 08:20 PM
No I'm not related. I do not know the man. I have no other connection to Jimmy Calderwood that I am aware of.

Yes, I asked the question, and yes you answered. Good on you, but still most people are giving it the whole "Hun" rubbish as their only reason and it's doing my nut in. This sort of thing belongs on the west coast.

Again, for the record: Calderwood is not my preferred choice - I've not made up my mind who I want yet. I'm just not going to slit my wrists if he is appointed that's all.
I honestly think he would be an absolutely dreadful appointment, we would soon be back at crowds of 7,500 with him in charge. But still at least Chick Young would have another one of his pals to chat to on a Saturday afternoon. He is another one of these guys who is all talk and no substance, but the media love him.

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-10-2010, 08:22 PM
I think the voting on this poll clearly rejects any thoughts of Calderwood taking over, hope RP reads .net

:greengrin

scoopyboy
04-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Me, me, me. I don't want him anywhere near Easter Road. Remind me what has he actually ever done?

I don't want him either but as for what has he done.

Took Dunfermline to a Scottish Cup final and had then in a comfortable league position.

Had good league finishes with Aberdeen and got them into Europe. Got them into the group stage from which they qualified.

As I said at the beginning I don't want him but I would bet he's done more than the man that does get the job.

Fantic
Wasn't really wanting Calderwood, but I do now.

Why, so you can argue with anyone who calls him a dirty hun?

Dashing Bob S

Then you can do mine for me as the sight of my own blood makes me squeamish. I'll be in the Odeon Cinema from around 3.00 pm most Saturday afternoons.

tooley
04-10-2010, 08:25 PM

:thumbsup::agree::thumbsup

The_Todd
04-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Then you can do mine for me as the sight of my own blood makes me squeamish. I'll be in the Odeon Cinema from around 3.00 pm most Saturday afternoons.

Do the Odeon do monthly passes, Bob? You might be best off with Cineworld. Don't think there's much of a singing section though.

Having said that, I had you down as more of a Filmhouse kinda guy.

New Corrie
04-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Why, so you can argue with anyone who calls him a dirty hun?

No, because it would annoy the sort of person who would call him that.

Hibby Bairn
04-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Again must be me....but I can't recall Calderwood's teams being unattractive to watch. Always did well at ER IIRC.

sesoim
04-10-2010, 10:26 PM
I honestly think he would be an absolutely dreadful appointment, we would soon be back at crowds of 7,500 with him in charge. But still at least Chick Young would have another one of his pals to chat to on a Saturday afternoon. He is another one of these guys who is all talk and no substance, but the media love him.

He got Dunfermline from the First Division to 5th in the League, took over a struggling Aberdeen and consistantly had them in the top four, and got them into Europe after Christmas (when was the last time WE were in Europe after Christmas?)

I could go on, but too many folk have made up their minds without bothering to look at the great jobs this guy has done elsewhere. Well if Hibs end up with Michael O'Neil then the stupid ignorant bigotted Hibbies amongst us will get what they deserve next season - First Division football.

sesoim
04-10-2010, 10:29 PM
Again must be me....but I can't recall Calderwood's teams being unattractive to watch. Always did well at ER IIRC.

Aberdeen WERE boring at times - but he had rubbish resources and a weak squad (with a handful of exceptions). He was simply getting the best out of what he had, and did well. If he could do the same with Hibs resources, we'd be 3rd most seasons, AND we'd be winning games in Europe again.

Littlest Hobo
04-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Jimmy Calderwood

Experienced Manager-

No Hibs connections

Good past record

Can we afford him is the big question.?

monktonharp
04-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Jimmy Calderwood

Experienced Manager-

No Hibs connections

Good past record

Can we afford him is the big question.?probably............but he is rather hunnish

Skanko79
05-10-2010, 06:05 AM
If Hibs cop out and bring this bum to our club as manager i can honestly say i will not be back at easter road so long as this twat is in charge.

Same applies to Gus Macpherson.

Hibby D
05-10-2010, 06:39 AM

:agree: For once I truly hope the results so far in this poll is a true reflection of the wider Hibs support

No, because it would annoy the sort of person who would call him that.

Good to see you're proving your detractors wrong D and basing your choice on purely footballing reasons :wink:

YehButNoBut
05-10-2010, 07:16 AM
Daily Record article saying Calderwood would jump at the chance of managing Hibs also says that Hamilton boss Billy Reid, Chris Sutton and former Parkhead coach Willie McStay are in the frame but Caldo has emerged as the bookies' No.1 choice.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/10/05/i-d-jump-at-chance-to-replace-john-hughes-as-hibs-boss-admits-jimmy-calderwood-86908-22609736/

Captain Trips
05-10-2010, 07:27 AM
Not for me.

IWasThere2016
05-10-2010, 07:35 AM
Allegedly as fond of the sauce as Williamson and Stokes. Was banned fae most pubs in Dunfy for being a pest wi it.

NO THANKS!

Saorsa
05-10-2010, 07:42 AM
Calderwood! No thanks. :bitchy:

Springbank
05-10-2010, 07:45 AM
Here is a reference for Jimmy Calderwood that was helpfully supplied by those who have had to suffer him at a similar-sized club (Aberdeen)

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/103789-aberdeen-fc-supporters-society-want-calderwood-out-open-letter/

It's a no no no no no no NO from me

heretoday
05-10-2010, 07:48 AM
Bernie Winters. Anyone remember him?

Springbank
05-10-2010, 07:48 AM
Here is a reference for Jimmy Calderwood that was helpfully supplied by those who have had to suffer him at a similar-sized club (Aberdeen)

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/103789-aberdeen-fc-supporters-society-want-calderwood-out-open-letter/

It's a no no no no no no NO from me

"For three years in a row, we have been dumped out of cup competitions by lower league opposition and also humbled by Kilmarnock and Dundee United. Losses to Queens Park, Queen of the South and Dunfermline, in the circumstances that they occurred are simply unacceptable, and the supporters need to see some accountability for such results. Similarly, we have flattered to deceive in the league alternating from good spells to some atrocious football.
There is no evidence of further progress, rather the reverse. There is very little evidence of young players coming through or being given a chance. On paper, with McDonald, Kerr, Miller, Aluko and (when fit, Smith), we have some of the best players in the league. We also have some of the worst and as a team, we are mostly ineffective."

Written by the Aberdeen Supporters Trust to the board (the AST have a seat on the board - this isn't the Yam open letter drivel they attempt over in EH11, it is more serious than that)

Anto the Hibernian
05-10-2010, 09:31 AM

Have to concur - on paper he is probably the best man for the job.

However the groundswell of ill-informed opinion against him concerns me from the off - we all need to pull together under the next appointment and Calderwood would appear too divisive.

Incidentally like you Tory Hibby - I really don’t understand where this supposed reputation for playing turgid football comes from, I certainly don't remember his Dons or Dunfermline being especially negative, infact was JC not known for completely gung ho at times , throwing 3/4 forwards on etc ?

There wont be a candidate with better SPL credentials than him & His pragmatic approach may well be exactly what we need just now (same for Craig Brown by the way)