PDA

View Full Version : Will the board already have a list of names?

Spike Mandela
04-10-2010, 02:48 PM
With the team in freefall in the second half of last season and an abject start to this season do you think the board will have already discussed possible candidates or even sounded out some candidates recently?

I would be very surprised if this has come as a surprise to them and wouldn't expect a lengthy recruitment process unless they have no first choice replacement.

erskine-hibby
04-10-2010, 02:53 PM
I would find it very strange if there wasn't a plan in place for this scenario. I'm not sure if they will have a list of candidates yet, but i'm pretty sure there will be a few who put their names forward.
As I said before though they will have to think long and hard about who the next manager will be. They can't afford to keep making the same mistakes.

Stevie Reid
04-10-2010, 02:55 PM
This is purely a feeling I've got, but I think this will be done and dusted very quickly, with posibly an appointment in the next couple of days.

As I say, just a feeling, based on nowt really.

Speedway
04-10-2010, 02:59 PM
The board certainly have two names on the list and I'm sure there's more.

RickyS
04-10-2010, 03:04 PM
The board certainly have two names on the list and I'm sure there's more.

hmmm do tell

Woody70x2
04-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Who would want the job... the number of managers we have went through in recent years doesn't provide you with any long term prospects?

As outlined before by someone else: new guy comes in, players come in, players leave, results improve temporarily, results decline then manager removed from the hotseat. It is a vicious circle.

What is the ambition of the club? Would be great to understand the Hibernian FC vision. I would bet it is not about winning the league or winning every week. I suspect it will be more about sustainability and words to that affect.

Is the ambition of the fans the problem? Yes, we wish to see good football and players that try every week. However, I don't think our expectations match the boards vision / ambition.

BTW... Jocky Scott and Donald Park were both seen leaving Easter Road in Yogi's BMW. Yogi was on the phone to Central Taxis. :bye:

Speedway
04-10-2010, 03:06 PM
hmmm do tell

Gus McPhailson and Michael O'Neill

banarc7062
04-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Would suspect there may be some posative noises at the AGM on the subject to calm the masses:wink:

ScottB
04-10-2010, 03:10 PM
This is purely a feeling I've got, but I think this will be done and dusted very quickly, with posibly an appointment in the next couple of days.

As I say, just a feeling, based on nowt really.

Surprised the new guy didn't happen to be in the club shop at the time buying a scarf.

Surely that's how all big clubs do it? :agree:

Who would want the job... the number of managers we have went through in recent years doesn't provide you with any long term prospects?

As outlined before by someone else: new guy comes in, players come in, players leave, results improve temporarily, results decline then manager removed from the hotseat. It is a vicious circle.

What is the ambition of the club? Would be great to understand the Hibernian FC vision. I would bet it is not about winning the league or winning every week. I suspect it will be more about sustainability and words to that affect.

Is the ambition of the fans the problem? Yes, we wish to see good football and players that try every week. However, I don't think our expectations match the boards vision / ambition.

BTW... Jocky Scott and Donald Park were both seen leaving Easter Road in Yogi's BMW. Yogi was on the phone to Central Taxis. :bye:

Not really.

Hughes wasn't good enough, end of. Keeping him for another year and a half wouldn't make us look any more attractive. In fact it would make us look a soft touch, willing to keep someone in a job they were failing at.

Nobody has been fired by this club rashly or without due cause. Potential candidates would also note the last two to do the job well (McLeish, Mowbray) moved on to bigger clubs.

By the nature of our position, 2 - 3 years is the max we will get out of a quality manager before someone comes in for them.

The only thing in our recent past that would put me off was the Board wrongly backing the players against Collins.

Moody D
04-10-2010, 07:15 PM
I would be very surprised if they do not have the candidate(s) lined up. Scott Lindsay about a month ago basically stated that all the infrastructure was right and the final piece of the jigsaw is getting the right manager / team that will get bums on the available seats.
It was around this time that Yogi got extremely irrational and lost it completely.

IMO it was communicated to Hughes at that time that he was on borrowed time and they have been planning for this. I don't know who but I think it will be an exciting appointment(s) that will get the crowds back.

persevere1875
04-10-2010, 07:17 PM
I would be very surprised if they do not have the candidate(s) lined up. Scott Lindsay about a month ago basically stated that all the infrastructure was right and the final piece of the jigsaw is getting the right manager / team that will get bums on the available seats.
It was around this time that Yogi got extremely irrational and lost it completely.

IMO it was communicated to Hughes at that time that he was on borrowed time and they have been planning for this. I don't know who but I think it will be an exciting appointment(s) that will get the crowds back.

:top marksLets hope so.....

Kevvy1875
04-10-2010, 07:24 PM
I read on the St Pats message board that there were 'scottish suits' at one of their home games a few weeks ago. Of course i read this after seeing the MO'N threads just to see what the lowdown was on his attributes as a manager. Highly thought of as it happens and given praise for their performances Vs Juve in the CL Qualifiers.

Probably nothing to do with the soon to be vacant Hibs job but you never know. Possible it was scouts checking out Gary Twigg who is making a name for himself over there too.

All speculation on my part but its all we have atm I guess.

leithsansiro
04-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Out of curiosity, how did the St Pat's posters know that they were Scottish suits? Were they in tartan?

DH1875
04-10-2010, 08:16 PM
They bloody well better had a list. Hearing they all ready had over 20 applicants for the job.