PDA

View Full Version : Some Names To Consider

Ronaldo9
04-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Paul Ince, Nicky Butt and Chris Sutton.................................

Bostonhibby
04-10-2010, 02:48 PM

Had hopes for Sutton at Lincoln, but bombed, they were easy to beat, fans not happy with him..........come to think of it, just the man for us :wink:

Ritchie
04-10-2010, 02:49 PM
no, no & no....

need EXPERIENCE!

RickyS
04-10-2010, 02:50 PM
no, no & no....

need EXPERIENCE!
:top marks

Ronaldo9
04-10-2010, 02:52 PM
no, no & no....

need EXPERIENCE!

Paul Ince - Got MK Dons promoted IIRC and has Premier League Experience with Blackburn. Another one who has stated he would consider "any job" is Alan Pardew.

Heres one for the dreamers - Franco Zola

dennykillie
04-10-2010, 02:52 PM
There may be an experienced managerial team available shortly and I believe that one of them is a Hibs fan.

Unfortunately, the other one is Jambo Jim.

The Tango man is available, but he seems to have mislaid his Sash somewhere in Fife!

And NO, you can't have Mixu back!

Gatecrasher
04-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Mike newell
Ian dowie

Johnny_Leith
04-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Jim Magilton?

Ritchie
04-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Paul Ince - Got MK Dons promoted IIRC and has Premier League Experience with Blackburn. Another one who has stated he would consider "any job" is Alan Pardew.

Heres one for the dreamers - Franco Zola

id like to think we are a bigger club than MK Dons & his time at blackburn was rubbish.

id take Pardew though. :agree:

smurf
04-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Stevie Clarke? Outstanding pedigree and experience at the very top level as a number two.

Desparate to be a number one.

Out of work....

Speedway
04-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Stevie Clarke? Outstabding pedigree and experience at the very top level as a number two.

Desparate to be a number one.

Out of work....

We've had enough number twos as manager recently thank you.

smurf
04-10-2010, 03:31 PM
We've had enough number twos as manager recently thank you.

Have we? Who?

Last one was Tony Mowbray.

Time before that was John Blackley...

Flo1898
04-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Eric Cantona :greengrin

stokesmessiah
04-10-2010, 03:54 PM
Have we? Who?

Please tell me your joking ?

Dunbar Hibee
04-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Have we? Who?

:faf:

Wotherspiniesta
04-10-2010, 06:06 PM
I think Speedway was taking the number one, Smurf :greengrin

Alfred E Newman
04-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Stuart Baxter? :dunno:

hibsway
04-10-2010, 06:34 PM
what about ray wilkins,maybe he would fancy a shot at being a manager now?

BT58
04-10-2010, 06:40 PM
what about ray wilkins,maybe he would fancy a shot at being a manager now?

he`s at his beloved chelsea,,,he`s on top wages,,he trains with top premiership players,,he earns top wages,,,
don`t think he would come back here,, do you?????

madabouthibs
04-10-2010, 06:40 PM
Mark Venus?
Seemed to be doing most of the shouting when teamed with Mogga....

NYHibby
04-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Steve Nicol

He's had a lot of success in the MLS and would be a clear break from the type of managers we keep hiring.

RyeSloan
04-10-2010, 06:42 PM
I wouldlike to see an experienced manager from England...someone like Pardew would be good I think. The leagues down there are v.tough to succeed you must have something, there is a vast player pool that Hibs consisently fail to utilise enough...add in significant experience and you have the ideal man.

Clearly I don't have anyone specific in mind but there must be a few handy managers down there between jobs or looking for a challenge that is slightly different.

i dont know why exactly why our last three managers have failed quite so badly but I'm convinced that even a 'good' rather than some sort of genius manager is all that is needed. When you look at Hibs' set up and the resources available it surely doesn't need some one who can walk on water to get us comfy top six while playing reasonably good football!!

.Sean.
04-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Alan Pardew seems a decent enough shout... :agree:

Argylehibby
04-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Steve Nicol

He's had a lot of success in the MLS and would be a clear break from the type of managers we keep hiring.

A good shout, would like to see him get the job.

smurf
04-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Mo Johnson is available...:greengrin

Albion Hibs
04-10-2010, 07:47 PM
I wouldlike to see an experienced manager from England...someone like Pardew would be good I think. The leagues down there are v.tough to succeed you must have something, there is a vast player pool that Hibs consisently fail to utilise enough...add in significant experience and you have the ideal man.

Clearly I don't have anyone specific in mind but there must be a few handy managers down there between jobs or looking for a challenge that is slightly different.

i dont know why exactly why our last three managers have failed quite so badly but I'm convinced that even a 'good' rather than some sort of genius manager is all that is needed. When you look at Hibs' set up and the resources available it surely doesn't need some one who can walk on water to get us comfy top six while playing reasonably good football!!

IMO the only chance we have of getting a manager from England is if;

- They are number two / three at a sized Championship club,
- A manager from the English 2nd division
- A manager from the foot of the 1st division

Anything above and beyond that I cant see. Would likely be a step down, plus what can these buys do when the cant go out and offer 10k per week in wages and a couple of hundred grand in transfer fee. Not for me, would never work.

JohnScott
04-10-2010, 09:11 PM
IMO the only chance we have of getting a manager from England is if;

- They are number two / three at a sized Championship club,
- A manager from the English 2nd division
- A manager from the foot of the 1st division

Anything above and beyond that I cant see. Would likely be a step down, plus what can these buys do when the cant go out and offer 10k per week in wages and a couple of hundred grand in transfer fee. Not for me, would never work.

Maybe so but I'd still like Hibs to show a bit more ambition than normal and sound out a guy like Paul Jewell. He was recently touted for the Plymouth
job so I cant see him not showing some interest, relatively low budget or not. I'm sure the female staff at ER who enjoy a wee bit of bondage would welcome his appointment :wink:

MJN1875
04-10-2010, 09:43 PM

Why the removed would you want Nicky Butt?

Or Chris Sutton?

Musselbound
04-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Paul Dickov could be one in the Mowbray mould for those who fancy a gambling on inexperience.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2010/09/paul_dickov.html#256197

eastmainsmsh
04-10-2010, 10:37 PM
I reckon Henrik Larsson would be a fantastic choice :wink:

John Toshacks experience would be tremendous in the Craig Brown mould and great with young players :agree:

crazy some of the names what if lol:greengrin

Sir David Gray
04-10-2010, 10:43 PM
I'm really glad that some people on here aren't involved in the recruitment process.

Some of the names being mentioned are truly frightening.

Albion Hibs
04-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Maybe so but I'd still like Hibs to show a bit more ambition than normal and sound out a guy like Paul Jewell. He was recently touted for the Plymouth
job so I cant see him not showing some interest, relatively low budget or not. I'm sure the female staff at ER who enjoy a wee bit of bondage would welcome his appointment :wink:

IMO he never showed anything that would make me think he is a sought after manager. He was paid premiership money, spent premiership money and did not really achieve anything other than a win over an arsenal reserve team in the carling cup.

As a name from left field - Rainer Bonhof. Good knowledge of the Scottish game and a contact network, that unlike others goes beyond the end of the street. I heard his VP role at the german team was up and he was looking for something.

IberianHibernian
04-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Even though season is well underway I hope Petrie and his team ( who does he consult ? ) consider as many candidates as possible . A few more names : Brian Kerr ( Faroes ) , Antonio Calderon ( ex Raith - has job in Spanish second division but could be a good shout for next season or even before ) , Levein ( in a week`s time after a couple of Scotland defeats ) , Kevin Keegan , .... Reality is that Scottish game is now like rest of Europe with lots of players and managers on short - term deals - our high managerial turnover confirms our fame for being innovators in Scottish football - changing managers every few months or at least every year is the norm in many parts of Europe . So whoever is our new manager won`t hang around long whatever happens . Priority should be appointment of a General Manager ( Blackley for example ) to bring some stability . I`ve been saying the same here for last six or seven years/managers .

surreyhibbie
04-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Had hopes for Sutton at Lincoln, but bombed, they were easy to beat, fans not happy with him..........come to think of it, just the man for us :wink:

His No 2 is Ian Pearce I believe? no way would he move up to Edinburgh. He lives near me..

Smashing guy, but his missus wouldn't be keem on that move,

Criswell
04-10-2010, 11:50 PM
I would go for Terry Butcher; he got Inverness back up in one season and with the current squad at ER he may be called upon to do it again!

sesoim
05-10-2010, 03:17 AM
I'm really glad that some people on here aren't involved in the recruitment process.

Some of the names being mentioned are truly frightening.

:agree: Totally agree. Just about all the names mentioned on this thread are either complete failures or big name players who have never managed (and the chances are, probably rubbish).

We need a proven experienced manager, somebody who can settle and do a good job in Scotland. Even if we did get a good guy from England, he'd probably jump ship the minute a decent Championshio team comes calling.

sesoim
05-10-2010, 03:20 AM

He was a complete and utter disaster at Derby. Why would we want a failure like that?

bob12345
05-10-2010, 07:28 AM
Wishful thinking but he's earning mega bucks in one of the best cities in the world. Far too settled and would be surprised if he left at all, never mind for a smaller club.

BT58
05-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Stevie Clarke & Pat Nevin
Ok I know they don't have experience ( well first team experience)
but wasn't Pat Nevin director of football at the well???
As pat has seen the light ( I'm sure him and his kid are season ticket holders at ER) we could do worse
Clarke has amassed a huge amount of knowlege of footballvthru his time at Chelsea, I think him and Pat played in the same team ( maybe wrong )

Fifer
05-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Stevie Clarke & Pat Nevin
Ok I know they don't have experience ( well first team experience)
but wasn't Pat Nevin director of football at the well???
As pat has seen the light ( I'm sure him and his kid are season ticket holders at ER) we could do worse
Clarke has amassed a huge amount of knowlege of footballvthru his time at Chelsea, I think him and Pat played in the same team ( maybe wrong )

Brilliant shout. :top marks