PDA

View Full Version : Derek Riordan.

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Should sign a new deal now, shouldn't he?

erskine-hibby
04-10-2010, 02:45 PM
I would like to think he would have signed a new contract whether or not Yogi was in charge...that is if there is one on the table:agree:

Westie1875
04-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Has he been offered one?

Stevie Reid
04-10-2010, 02:48 PM
We will be relying on Deek turning down at least a million pounds more in earnings elsewhere than he would get at ER. I don't fancy our chances, sadly.

Ritchie
04-10-2010, 02:50 PM
player manager!!! :agree:

:devil:

seanraff07
04-10-2010, 02:51 PM
At the moment i really do think we'd be snookered without Deek, he's vital to our team this season more than ever it seems. Offer him a contract asap Petrie.

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2010, 02:53 PM
We were told yogi had said he can look for a new club, now yogi's gone surely he will want to sign on again?

Bishop Hibee
04-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Hope so if Yogi was instrumental in him refusing a contract as some claimed.

bingo70
04-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Wonder if we'll finally find a manager he gets on with, the poor guy hasn't had much luck in the department

discman
04-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Wonder if we'll finally find a manager he gets on with, the poor guy hasn't had much luck in the department

Wonder why that is? :cool2:

bawheid
04-10-2010, 03:03 PM

Some might call it bad luck.

To fall out with one manager is bad luck, to fall out with two is careless. But to fall out with every manager you have ever worked with...? :confused:

Barney McGrew
04-10-2010, 03:08 PM

To fall out with one manager is bad luck, to fall out with two is careless. But to fall out with every manager you have ever worked with...? :confused:

He certainly seems to be very unfortunate to have come across so many nasty guys in charge.

Tin hat on, but I'd hope that any decision on whether he's offered a new contract or not would firstly be left down to the incoming manager. After all, he should have the full say in who he wants in his squad and not have anyone forced on him by the board.

M11BMO
04-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Fingers crossed this will be one of the first things to be sorted out when the new manager is announced.

I have no doubt he will be offered a new deal and sign now that Yogi has left. Deek's couldn't stand him any longer.

matty_f
04-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Hope he's not been offered one, only for a new manager to come in and put the brakes on it til he's weighed him up. :bitchy:

discman
04-10-2010, 03:29 PM
He certainly seems to be very unfortunate to have come across so many nasty guys in charge.

Tin hat on, but I'd hope that any decision on whether he's offered a new contract or not would firstly be left down to the incoming manager. After all, he should have the full say in who he wants in his squad and not have anyone forced on him by the board.

Fingers crossed this will be one of the first things to be sorted out when the new manager is announced.

I have no doubt he will be offered a new deal and sign now that Yogi has left. Deek's couldn't stand him any longer.

I could be wrong but I think bawheid was being ironic!

So now deeks has got his way can we expect an increase in workrate and a decline in his moaning? :cool2:

emmjayfox
04-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Im sure the new manager will know what hes doing, and if it means no deek then so be it. We will just have to trust him :agree:

Barney McGrew
04-10-2010, 03:33 PM

I think you might find that I was too :wink:

discman
04-10-2010, 03:35 PM
I think you might find that I was too :wink:

apologies! :cool2:

silverhibee
04-10-2010, 04:28 PM

So now deeks has got his way can we expect an increase in workrate and a decline in his moaning? :cool2:

What way is that.

superfurryhibby
04-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Based on football abilities , which is all I really know about, I would leave to see Deek sign on for an extended period. Rarely injured, the best finisher in the Prem (he doesnae hang about when he gets the chance to shoot) and a die-hard Hibee to boot.

I also wonder where else Deek would play. Can't see him being offered more money by an other Scottish team than that which Hibs could/would pay and he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who wants to be far from home.

alex74
04-10-2010, 07:55 PM
hopefully derek will get offered a contract now that the numpty has left

leithsansiro
04-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Maybe the new man will use him properly in the team

clerriehibs
04-10-2010, 08:04 PM

Every? Is that so?

Cool_Hand_Luke
04-10-2010, 08:06 PM
I heard a rumour Celtic made a last minute bid to get him in the last transfer window and will be back in for him in January.
Could be bollox...but anyone else hear anything? Would he go back there?

Dirkster23
04-10-2010, 08:09 PM

Have we appointed a new manager? I take it he wants to keep Derek?

I know it's been a tough day for you BH, but lets try and all pull in the same direction:wink: