PDA

View Full Version : Question Tony Mowbray

half.time.draw.
04-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Is he still not contracted to the smellies, I read somwhere Celtic were still paying him until compo could be agreed

Dalkeith
04-10-2010, 12:56 PM
correct not allowed to go near or speak to anyone at celtic and unable to speak to any other club

source: well known bbc reporter

Speedway
04-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Who better than Iron Rod to bring all these discussions to a successful conclusion?

Celtic free from paying Mowbray, Mowbray free to take up the reins at ER and Hibs get a £4m fee with 10% sell on clause.

That said, if we get Mowbray we're likely going back to the kids.

Can you imagine:

Flynn

McCann
Moyes
Hanlon
Boooooooo th

Wotherspoon
Currie
Welsh
Galbraith

Byrne
Riordan

ScottB
04-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Mowbray would be an utter, unmitigated disaster and an even more sentimental appoinment than any of our ex players.

Just no.

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Absolutely no!, he went running to the first club that shook a fat cheque at him and although done reasonably well at WBA he was a friggin disaster at the smellies, we played some of the best football I have ever seen at ER under him since the Turnbull Tornado days but in the end it was almost like he was gagging to get away

:bye:

yekimevol
04-10-2010, 03:45 PM
i would take him back. but i doubt that celitic would let him join us, unless that ment they got to stop paying his wages.

ancienthibby
04-10-2010, 03:48 PM
correct not allowed to go near or speak to anyone at celtic and unable to speak to any other club

source: well known bbc reporter

Be careful with that assumption.:greengrin

The last published accounts from Darkheid FC show that TM HAS BEEN PAID IN FULL!!

If that's the case, then they have NO HOLD on him!!:agree::agree::agree:

keep the faith
04-10-2010, 03:57 PM
If mowbray was remotely interested it would be crazy to not make an approach.

les83
04-10-2010, 04:00 PM
I'd happily take him back but I doubt it would happen.
Both he and Hibs would have to swallow their pride and I just can't see either party wanting to do that.

bawheid
04-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Absolutely no!, he went running to the first club that shook a fat cheque at him and although done reasonably well at WBA he was a friggin disaster at the smellies, we played some of the best football I have ever seen at ER under him since the Turnbull Tornado days but in the end it was almost like he was gagging to get away

Not quite true though is it?

.Sean.
04-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Not quite true though is it?
Indeed not, he turned down Ipswich wasn't it?

Doubt he'd be very interested and i'm not so sure i'd want him back.

Dalkeith
04-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Only what I got told in slovina

WestEndHibee
04-10-2010, 04:25 PM

Exactly the same goes for Riordan, yet he was brought back and is arguably better and more committed!

Springbank
04-10-2010, 04:29 PM
much much better than Calderwood as a suggestion, that's for sure