PDA

View Full Version : Steve Clarke? ex Assistant at Chelski and West Ham? (merged)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Prawn Sandwich
04-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Steve Clarke has plenty of experience at assistant level and presumably plenty of money to take a low paid Managers job to get him started?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Clarke

Green_one
04-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Again yes but we will not get him.:boo hoo:

Petrie's Tache
04-10-2010, 12:33 PM
would have him in a heartbeat. Whether or not the SPL could lure him is another matter.

Hibby_Ed
04-10-2010, 12:34 PM
surely a favourite

Whos-the-poster
04-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Steve Clarke has plenty of experience at assistant level and presumably plenty of money to take a low paid Managers job to get him started?

Would get my vote however surley we need to go for experience in these desperate times

The Silver Fox
04-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Currently not working. Has never been the top man at a club. Worked under various managers at the highest level at Chelsea and West Ham. He is Scottish and is rated highly in the coaching world.

I would have given him the Scotland job and if I had been at Celtic would have taken him there.

He knows the game inside out and willl have more contacts than you can eat.

He is the man, no doubt about it. :thumbsup:

bingo70
04-10-2010, 02:37 PM
I'd be amazed if he'd come to us, as you say very highly rated down south so i can see him going to a championship club

Billy Whizz
04-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Currently not working. Has never been the top man at a club. Worked under various managers at the highest level at Chelsea and West Ham. He is Scottish and is rated highly in the coaching world.

I would have given him the Scotland job and if I had been at Celtic would have taken him there.

He knows the game inside out and willl have more contacts than you can eat.

He is the man, no doubt about it. :thumbsup:
I think he's a coach and not a Manager!

heretoday
04-10-2010, 02:43 PM
I reckon he's too expensive. Good call though.

MB62
04-10-2010, 02:50 PM
I reckon he's too expensive. Good call though.

And therein lies the problem.
We've sacked another manager, which had to be done, but we will replace him with another cheep option no doubt, and give him little to work with.

I'm delighted Yogi has gone because he proved to be useless, but until the board start showing the same ambition for ON park needs that they show for OFF park, then I can't get too excited about all this.

Dashing Bob S
04-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Decent first manager post for him, I would think. If he has half a brain (and he seems to have considerably more) he won't be in the SPL more than 18 months. He'd come into an under-performing squad with good young players and with them trying to impress, the only way would be up. Strong motivation of established players, good coaching of youngsters, a clear out policy and a couple of Christmas signings and Europe would be more than a possibility.

It would be a decent springboard to the EPL for him and a quick but probably exciting fix for us, and he'd leave something decent in place for a longer-term guy.

Far sweeter a first job prospect for SC than going into some politics-laden, debt-ridden championship club who are desperate to be in the EPL for TV money only.

If Clarke is serious about stepping outside the second-banana comfort zone, I would be very surprised if Hibs aren't on his radar as at least one possibility as to where to start.

offshorehibby
04-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Steve Clarke was my choice last time and have voted for him in the .net poll. As said above this would be a good stepping stone to bigger things down south. That is also the downside, if he is any good he'll be away in about 18 months.

smurf
04-10-2010, 03:29 PM
At Chelsea and West Ham he earnt a fortune. He's a millionaire.

It doesn't mean that he doesn't want to increase his earnings in the future of course...

But as a starting point as a number one the ER job isn't that bad a number you know...:greengrin

Danny_Hibee
04-10-2010, 03:31 PM
was he not the highest paid assistant in the premiership at one point? I'm sure he was on £20,000 a week. not sure he'd come here for 2 grand a week

smurf
04-10-2010, 03:43 PM
was he not the highest paid assistant in the premiership at one point? I'm sure he was on £20,000 a week. not sure he'd come here for 2 grand a week

He's financially secure. ER would be a stepping stone.

And great if it proved to be.

Springbank
04-10-2010, 04:24 PM
Agreed...this would be an exciting appointment.

Similar to the Tony Mowbray one in a number of senses, but I (for one) do not mind at all the stepping stone thing...because if it works all round then ALL parties will have benefitted.

Remember Mogga called it the Upward Spiral. Everyone gets better, House Full signs going up (even on the South Stand for some games) and (best of all) some great football and savvy attractive passing fitba to watch and take the wee man to see.

I'd rather have that (with the boss then jumping ship to a bigger salaried job, netting Hibs a fee AND improving the club's attractiveness to the next again man as a great place for the best managers to hone their career) than have another 18month period that ends in acrimony with a cheaper appointment.

Steve Clarke. Good call, this one, as would be Pardew.

Dr_Regal
04-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Perfect first job for him, if he is in fact interested in becoming a manager. Would think he would be interested in a club like us.

Whats he doing now, on the dole?

This guy should be top of rodders list.

heretoday
05-10-2010, 02:40 PM

I have a copy of West Ham's wage bill for last season. Big bucks. Steve Clarke was on £24,200 a week. That's nothing compared to Luis Boa Morte and Kieron Dyer who were both on £70,000 a week despite hardly playing in the first team.

I gather Boa Morte signed a new contract in the summer too. Probably for even more.

Baader
05-10-2010, 08:02 PM
No doubt about it, the Hibs job is an attractive one for a man wanting to make his way in management. Good stadium, well run club and excellent training facilities along with a recognised and established youth policy.

May not pay the big bucks but would only have to look what it led to for Mowbray (up until Parkheid) to see that it is a top job for a less established or rookie manager with ambition.

HibeeSince85
05-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Agreed...this would be an exciting appointment.

Similar to the Tony Mowbray one in a number of senses, but I (for one) do not mind at all the stepping stone thing...because if it works all round then ALL parties will have benefitted.

Remember Mogga called it the Upward Spiral. Everyone gets better, House Full signs going up (even on the South Stand for some games) and (best of all) some great football and savvy attractive passing fitba to watch and take the wee man to see.

I'd rather have that (with the boss then jumping ship to a bigger salaried job, netting Hibs a fee AND improving the club's attractiveness to the next again man as a great place for the best managers to hone their career) than have another 18month period that ends in acrimony with a cheaper appointment.

Steve Clarke. Good call, this one, as would be Pardew.

That is the best thing i've read on here. Bang on!

M11BMO
06-10-2010, 09:56 AM
This was who I voted for on the other thread with the poll.

Would love it if we went out of our way to get him. Advice from Jose would come in handy!

MacBean
06-10-2010, 10:06 AM
I have heard this is on the table.

dont shoot the messenger

:taxi

ancienthibby
06-10-2010, 10:14 AM

dont shoot the messenger

He wants to manage in the Premier League and does not rate Scottish football:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/west_ham/article7061264.ece
:boo hoo:

Cabbage East
06-10-2010, 10:17 AM

dont shoot the messenger

:rolleyes:

MacBean
06-10-2010, 10:18 AM
:rolleyes:

:yawn:

As i said, dont shoot the messenger. Just passing on some 'intel' :wink: i had received, although this person has been wrong, and right, in the past.

Didnt say it was a done deal but was told that there was an offer on the table (from which party i dont know)

smurf
06-10-2010, 10:19 AM

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/west_ham/article7061264.ece

But doesn't rule out a job in Scotland...:wink:

I'm glad he thinks the quality is poor. It is!!

I think he would listen to us.

Mikey
06-10-2010, 10:21 AM
Didnt say it was a done deal but was told that there was an offer on the table (from which party i dont know)

It won't be as far advanced as that yet.

Hibbyradge
06-10-2010, 10:21 AM
I've got money on it. :agree:

cockneymike
06-10-2010, 10:23 AM

Yes - but he didn't rule out returning to scottish football as a manager! Re-read it!

Brooster
06-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Again yes but we will not get him.:boo hoo:

Dont bet against it mate.

Prawn Sandwich
06-10-2010, 11:01 AM
I've got money on it. :agree:

16/1 at Paddy Power......it was 20/1 yesterday. :agree:

SidBurns
06-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Heard it's all but a done deal! :thumbsup:

Ex players:-

Jodie Morris - WOULD TAKE
Craig Rocastle - EH NO
Gialuca Vialli - BETTER THAN NISHY!?!

HAHA

No seriously though, he'll be announced early next week, potentially Monday to take in the Scotland v Iceland U21's match :agree:

SouthMoroccoStu
06-10-2010, 11:28 AM

Craig Rocastle - EH NO

HAHA

No seriously though, he'll be announced early next week, potentially Monday to take in the Scotland v Iceland U21's match :agree:

:blah: but :pray:

Would be nice if true

3pm
06-10-2010, 11:29 AM

Craig Rocastle - EH NO

HAHA

:faf:

Danderhall Hibs
06-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Just passing on some intel i had received,

:hilarious I love this phrase.

It won't be as far advanced as that yet.

Course not - it always seems to take us ages to get the wheels in motion. Although if you sak a manager at international break you must have had someone in mind to be in place prior to the next match. That's the sensible way.

Ritchie
06-10-2010, 11:42 AM
16/1 at Paddy Power......it was 20/1 yesterday. :agree:

12/1 today on victor chandler :cool2:

MacBean
06-10-2010, 11:58 AM
:hilarious I love this phrase.

Course not - it always seems to take us ages to get the wheels in motion. Although if you sak a manager at international break you must have had someone in mind to be in place prior to the next match. That's the sensible way.

thought i'd jazz it up - perhaps ive been playing too much Call of Duty - these army phrases are sticking in my noggin!

Albion Hibs
06-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Cant see any chance of this one happening. He has been an assistant for over a decade, dont know why all of a sudden he would chose to go into management, seems like he is happy to perform that role. IF he was to go into management I would think he would quite easily get a decent championship club - Middlesborugh for example, or even a premiership club to be honest.

On the money from as I understand it, he was the highest paid assistant manager in the EPL, which would mean he is way out of our pay scale.

Skanko79
06-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Was just speaking to a guy at work who delivers linen to various hotels in Edinburgh, he was just dropping stuff off at an upmarket hotel in the city centre and the chap on the reception who is apparantley a big Hibs fan told him Steve Clarke is staying there just now. Make of it what you will, wether he is being interviewed for the job or not he is certainly in Edinburgh.

bawheid
06-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Was just speaking to a guy at work who delivers linen to various hotels in Edinburgh, he was just dropping stuff off at an upmarket hotel in the city centre and the chap on the reception who is apparantley a big Hibs fan told him Steve Clarke is staying there just now. Make of it what you will, wether he is being interviewed for the job or not he is certainly in Edinburgh.

:top marks

This is the stuff we like. The linen delivery man says it's Clarke. I'm off to the bookies!!

Dr_Regal
06-10-2010, 12:11 PM
But doesn't rule out a job in Scotland...:wink:

I'm glad he thinks the quality is poor. It is!!

I think he would listen to us.

Should be easy for him then.
He is not gonna get offered a premiership job, unless he proves himself as a manager first, and a club like us is perfect for him.

Skanko79
06-10-2010, 12:15 PM

This is the stuff we like. The linen delivery man says it's Clarke. I'm off to the bookies!!

:faf: haha! The boy knows jack **** about football so has no reason whatsoever to make up a story like that. SC is one of the guys in line for the job so why not? I'm not in the habit of making up fantasy stories like alot of folk on here, simply just passing on info to my fellow Hibs fans.

Hibby Kay-Yay
06-10-2010, 12:15 PM

could make it more concrete with "FACT" or "ENDOF" :agree:

Purehibee_MYB
06-10-2010, 12:18 PM
I put a bet on at 12-1 yesterday for Steve Clarke to become Hibs manager...Really do hope it happens!

bighairyfaeleith
06-10-2010, 12:29 PM
10/1 on willies

scoopyboy
06-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Cant see any chance of this one happening. He has been an assistant for over a decade, dont know why all of a sudden he would chose to go into management, seems like he is happy to perform that role. IF he was to go into management I would think he would quite easily get a decent championship club - Middlesborugh for example, or even a premiership club to be honest.

On the money from as I understand it, he was the highest paid assistant manager in the EPL, which would mean he is way out of our pay scale.

He's unemployed I believe.

I reckon our pay scale would beat that.

James70
06-10-2010, 12:36 PM
Steve Clarke would be a fantastic signing but if he is as good as he is made out to be how long could we realistically expect him to stay?

He has stated an ambition to manage a Premiership club and doesn't have a high opinion of Scottish football.

Do we really want to be looking for yet another manager 12 months down the line if he makes such a great impact?

There is always a risk in football that any successful and ambitious manager or player is going to move to a higher level as quickly as they can but the risk factor with Clarke seems to be unacceptably high.

I am not saying that I wouldn't want him but there are ominous signs about him already!

Brooster
06-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Steve Clarke would be a fantastic signing but if he is as good as he is made out to be how long could we realistically expect him to stay?

He has stated an ambition to manage a Premiership club and doesn't have a high opinion of Scottish football.

Do we really want to be looking for yet another manager 12 months down the line if he makes such a great impact?

There is always a risk in football that any successful and ambitious manager or player is going to move to a higher level as quickly as they can but the risk factor with Clarke seems to be unacceptably high.

I am not saying that I wouldn't want him but there are ominous signs about him already!

So would you rather we sign a dud who we will need to pay off in 18 months rather than sell a successfull manager to an English team?

matty_f
06-10-2010, 12:40 PM

Regardless of who we get, if they're great they'll be off.

IMHO, the absolute must in all of this is that we start the succession planning as soon as the new manager's appointed (maybe even let him bring someone onto his backroom team with a view to them replacing him as and when the time comes).

We have to want other teams to want our manager and players, because it will mean we're successful. More power to Clarke if he wants to manage in the Premiership. Hibs are a great starting point for him to prove himself, and if we make it part of his remit to look past his tenure at the club then potentially any good work he does could conceivably be carried on beyond his departure.

It requires a heck of a lot of foresight from the board, though.

Albion Hibs
06-10-2010, 12:43 PM
He's unemployed I believe.

I reckon our pay scale would beat that.

Being unemployed must be a killer when you have millions in the bank - real struggle, I would certainly hate to be in that situation!

If it was just about getting a job I would fancy his chances of walking into most clubs in England. If he has not retired I would think he would stay down south, plus agree with a couple of the above comments in terms of how long he would stay - whilst I know people do not like the ex player route, I think that is the best way to get a manager to come in and stay in given how we opperate as a club.

I want the next manager to be a long term play, please please not another 12 month appointment.

bighairyfaeleith
06-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Regardless of who we get, if they're great they'll be off.

IMHO, the absolute must in all of this is that we start the succession planning as soon as the new manager's appointed (maybe even let him bring someone onto his backroom team with a view to them replacing him as and when the time comes).

We have to want other teams to want our manager and players, because it will mean we're successful. More power to Clarke if he wants to manage in the Premiership. Hibs are a great starting point for him to prove himself, and if we make it part of his remit to look past his tenure at the club then potentially any good work he does could conceivably be carried on beyond his departure.

It requires a heck of a lot of foresight from the board, though.

Yep I'd agree with all of that!

James70
06-10-2010, 12:48 PM
So would you rather we sign a dud who we will need to pay off in 18 months rather than sell a successfull manager to an English team?

No, and if you read my comment I think I make it quite clear I would be delighted to have him but surely the club needs some stability now and I get the impression from the newspaper article that he wouldn't be around for long. I would hope our next manager whoever he is will be successful and stick with us for at least 3 years.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
06-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Being unemployed must be a killer when you have millions in the bank - real struggle, I would certainly hate to be in that situation!

If it was just about getting a job I would fancy his chances of walking into most clubs in England. If he has not retired I would think he would stay down south, plus agree with a couple of the above comments in terms of how long he would stay - whilst I know people do not like the ex player route, I think that is the best way to get a manager to come in and stay in given how we opperate as a club.

I want the next manager to be a long term play, please please not another 12 month appointment.

There is no long-term in football nowadays (at least not at the level we operate) - Bosman and reactionary fans have killed that stone dead.

In my opinion we should look to work on two or three year cycles - a long-term manager at Hibs nowadays has to mean medicority - if hes good hes off, if hes bottom six hes off - and if he isnt, his best players certainly will be.

I think there is no point in pining after the stability panacea, for me stability should be the off-field cheif exec type stuff, and in that respect we are great.

On-field, i think stability is impossible when you are as far down the UK football food-chain as we (and every other SPL club) now are.

So we should work within the realities of 21st century football, not the past.

ALF TUPPER
06-10-2010, 12:51 PM
He knows his football alright. The quality of Scottish football is crap.

Would love the tachemeister to get this guy on board. Time to show huge bit of ambition Rodders. He's out of work the noo so might jump at chance to be his own man and take the reins at ER.

SC would do for me :agree:

Rod you know what you need to do ............

Glory Glory

Mikey
06-10-2010, 12:51 PM

If the next manager is successful he'll be away in 18 - 36 months.

If the next manager is a disaster he'll be away in 18 - 36 months.

If the next manager is mediocre and keeps us around 4th or 5th in the league and regularly gets us to quarter finals of the cups he'll be here for the long term. Do you want that?

Mikey
06-10-2010, 12:52 PM
- a long-term manager at Hibs nowadays has to mean medicority - if hes good hes off, if hes bottom six hes off - and if he isnt, his best players certainly will be.

Beat me to it :greengrin

basehibby
06-10-2010, 12:53 PM

I'm not moving on it until the Fish delivery guy gives us the nod :bitchy:

This is an exciting prospect though - I was favouring giving Nevio Scala a ring as I think we need an experienced hand on the tiller right now. But for someone in the up and coming bracket as a manager Clarke's experience is pretty much unparalleled - filling just about every role apart from manager at top English clubs as he has.
So - I'll wait on tenter hooks now for reports of Clarke sightings around ER - what day does the fish get delivered again :confused:

Mikey
06-10-2010, 01:02 PM
what day does the fish get delivered again :confused:

The fish man delivers to Yogi's house. He got an exclusive this morning........

**** off :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
06-10-2010, 01:09 PM
The fish man delivers to Yogi's house. He got an exclusive this morning........

**** off :greengrin

Hard on the players or too pally, I always felt yogi was stuck between a rock and a hard plaice

bighairyfaeleith
06-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Hard on the players or too pally, I always felt yogi was stuck between a rock and a hard plaice

nae excuse for taking it out on the fish man though:greengrin

Albion Hibs
06-10-2010, 01:28 PM
There is no long-term in football nowadays (at least not at the level we operate) - Bosman and reactionary fans have killed that stone dead.

Disagree.

In my opinion we should look to work on two or three year cycles - a long-term manager at Hibs nowadays has to mean medicority - if hes good hes off, if hes bottom six hes off - and if he isnt, his best players certainly will be.

Two or three years I dont even think a manager can get his own team in that time. But then again, on your model above he is showing us the same level of loyalty as we show them so we cant complain can we?

I think there is no point in pining after the stability panacea, for me stability should be the off-field cheif exec type stuff, and in that respect we are great.

My view is stability comes throughout the club. Do you think we are stable now just because we have a CEO and a load of directors?

On-field, i think stability is impossible when you are as far down the UK football food-chain as we (and every other SPL club) now are.

Agreed to an extent and never disputed.

So we should work within the realities of 21st century football, not the past.

If the next manager is successful he'll be away in 18 - 36 months.

If the next manager is a disaster he'll be away in 18 - 36 months.

If the next manager is mediocre and keeps us around 4th or 5th in the league and regularly gets us to quarter finals of the cups he'll be here for the long term. Do you want that?

I guess on the above we could never have a negative thing to say about a manager that leaves for another club through his choice, as the above shows they will give us as much loyalty as we generally show them!?

Do you think finishing 4th is mediocre - what position do you think we should be finishing in?

Reaching a quarter final, is that were we would get to and then it would end? Very black and white for you, dont think that is a way that things can be assessed. There are plenty of mediocre managers and teams that have won trophies.

On your above you are effectively saying Yogis time in charge was worse than a disaster - do you really think so?

I think that you have both missed my point. Taking Mixu as an example hounded out in 12 months, did not really have time to bring in his own team (he did however bring in players like, Riordan, Murray and Bamba, three of our better players) alas whats the point, you end up with a miss match of different managers views on how a team should be shaped and what it should play and look like. Mixu has lived in Edinburgh for a long time now, family settled kids at school, what would stop him pledging long term to Hibs - the same could be said for Yogi. A six figure salary for managing a club in the city you are from versus the up-root and move away. Mixu going to Killie is perhaps an example of his desire to remain in Scotland.

Perhaps easy for me to say, and of course where there is one example of the above there will probably be 100 of the reverse.

My honest view is, and the above is my opinion, one of two more of Mikeys cycles and the Hibs job will be even less attractive than it is now - not exactly a foundation for the future.

hibeesjoe
06-10-2010, 01:47 PM
Either the bookies trawl through forums or theyre in the know but paddy power has Clarke at 11/4 now as the next manager. Some change from 20/1 someone else posted earlier.

scoopyboy
06-10-2010, 01:48 PM

Kinda defeating your own argument here AH.

You say he is way out of our pay scale.

I reply by saying as he's unemployed Hibs salary is better than nothing.

Your response is to say he has millions in the bank.

Well if he has millions in the bank then surely he could afford to take the Hibs job whether it was well paid or not.

alex74
06-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Either the bookies trawl through forums or theyre in the know but paddy power has Clarke at 11/4 now as the next manager. Some change from 20/1 someone else posted earlier.
would settle for clark even though hes always been no 2 but he obviously knows his stuff

Albion Hibs
06-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Kinda defeating your own argument here AH.

You say he is way out of our pay scale.

I reply by saying as he's unemployed Hibs salary is better than nothing.

Your response is to say he has millions in the bank.

Well if he has millions in the bank then surely he could afford to take the Hibs job whether it was well paid or not.

Your point was he has no job so he would take the job i.e. to get an income - my point is that if you have a bundle there is no pressure to take a job - dont you see that?

If you had a load of dosh in the bank and someone offered you a job for £1 to work at a club you know nothing about miles away from home would you take it, when A) you dont need the money and B) you could get £2 working at the bottom of your street?

bighairyfaeleith
06-10-2010, 01:58 PM
I think that you have both missed my point. Taking Mixu as an example hounded out in 12 months, did not really have time to bring in his own team (he did however bring in players like, Riordan, Murray and Bamba, three of our better players) alas whats the point, you end up with a miss match of different managers views on how a team should be shaped and what it should play and look like. Mixu has lived in Edinburgh for a long time now, family settled kids at school, what would stop him pledging long term to Hibs - the same could be said for Yogi. A six figure salary for managing a club in the city you are from versus the up-root and move away. Mixu going to Killie is perhaps an example of his desire to remain in Scotland.

Perhaps easy for me to say, and of course where there is one example of the above there will probably be 100 of the reverse.

My honest view is, and the above is my opinion, one of two more of Mikeys cycles and the Hibs job will be even less attractive than it is now - not exactly a foundation for the future.

Is the 1st division a foundation for the future?

bighairyfaeleith
06-10-2010, 01:59 PM
Your point was he has no job so he would take the job i.e. to get an income - my point is that if you have a bundle there is no pressure to take a job - dont you see that?

If you had a load of dosh in the bank and someone offered you a job for £1 to work at a club you know nothing about miles away from home would you take it, when A) you dont need the money and B) you could get £2 working at the bottom of your street?

Pretty sure we will offer more than a pound, thats just ridiculous!!

blackpoolhibs
06-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Its obvious Clarke is minted. I have no idea if he would take the Hibs job, the wages would not be more than £4k a week i'd imagine? Non of us know him, none of us know if he's interested? Its all a waste of time imho wondering either way.:wink:

Golden Bear
06-10-2010, 02:06 PM
I would imagine that Steve Clarke will already be financially very well off so money will not be the main driving force if he is interested in the Hibs job.

Very similar to JC's circumstances I'd have thought.

blackpoolhibs
06-10-2010, 02:08 PM
I would imagine that Steve Clarke will already be financially very well off so money will not be the main driving force if he is interested in the Hibs job.

Very similar to JC's circumstances I'd have thought.

It also makes it easy for them to walk away when the going gets a little tough. :devil::stirrer::fishin:

basehibby
06-10-2010, 02:16 PM

Hibs are hardly a club which Scotsman and ex-SPL-player Steve Clarke knows nothing about - we are a decent sized club - certainly as as big as most championship clubs in prestige and stature if not in turnover - which can clearly open the door to greater things (see Tony Mowbray, Alex McLeish). Hibs also offer the chance to experience european football - something which Steve Clarke would find very difficult to come by as a manager down south - and boast a great youth set up and training facilities only matched by the top sides.
Steve Clarke obviously has no financial pressure on him to find work but he is ambitious - and Hibs would more than likely represent a good oportunity for him to get on the road to achieving those ambitions.

Evergreen86
06-10-2010, 02:23 PM

:thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
06-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Do you no read the forum?

iwasthere1972
06-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Do you no read the forum?

I think the OP means to replace Stokes. 14 goals in 500 games. :wink:

HibbyAndy
06-10-2010, 02:30 PM

Ahhh:aok:

:greengrin

Albion Hibs
06-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Is the 1st division a foundation for the future?

Who plays in the first division? We are a premiership team.

Evergreen86
06-10-2010, 02:33 PM

What else did you think i meant? :cool2:

With Jimmy Calderwood at the helm im sure we could get Clarkey the 'goal machine'

Cabbage East
06-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Steve Clarke now the bookies favourite.

Right down to 6/4 on Paddy Power, was 20/1.

M11BMO
06-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Steve Clarke now the bookies favourite

:greengrin Good Times...

ScottB
06-10-2010, 02:47 PM

I wanted him last time, exciting stuff!

Is this because some of us have been betting on him or because the bookies know something / having been tapping up linen delivery firms?

smurf
06-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Exciting appointment this could be! Maybe Rodders is by the phone waiting on Jose to phone in with a reference!!

Holmesdale Hibs
06-10-2010, 02:52 PM

Happy days. He would be a great appointment IMO. Lets hope the bookies have a source other than hibs.net

ScottB
06-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Exciting appointment this could be! Maybe Rodders is by the phone waiting on Jose to phone in with a reference!!

Good for them to build up a rapport before we bring in some Galacticos on loan :agree:

bawheid
06-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Good for them to build up a rapport before we bring in some Galacticos on loan :agree:

Friendly with Real Madrid to open the new stand properly? :hmmm:

M11BMO
06-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Friendly with Real Madrid to open the new stand properly? :hmmm:

Not Hibs class. :wink:

Ritchie
06-10-2010, 03:02 PM
i would be over the moon if we were to appoint Clarke. :agree:

Cabbage East
06-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Wouldn't get too excited just yet, there could be nothing in this, just noticed the odds had drastically changed, hearing some bookies have suspended the market too.

There must be something in it though...

essexhibee
06-10-2010, 03:07 PM
If we get Steve Clarke, and a huge IF, i would happily walk down Princes Street butt naked. He would be unreal for hibs. Contacts? Jeez they would be good.

However, my head tells me Nae Danger on this one.

SouthMoroccoStu
06-10-2010, 03:09 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Clarke#Managerial_stats

Before we all get really excited, it might be worth looking at his managerial stats.........:wink:

MacBean
06-10-2010, 03:10 PM
incredible change in odds within 24 hours!!

:wink:

Mikey
06-10-2010, 03:21 PM

Probably more to do with the fact that people are putting money on him.

Golden Bear
06-10-2010, 03:23 PM

:agree:

It just shows you how much influence Hibs net can have.

Or maybe there really is more to it than that?

:hmmm:

Hank Schrader
06-10-2010, 03:26 PM

Still a hell of a drop in odds.

I'd be delighted if he was appointed next Hibs manager. Would certainly lift the gloom from the last month or so.

ionahibby
06-10-2010, 03:27 PM
William hill have just slashed odds of 5/1 to 11/10 for micheal o'neil in the last hour as well so don't know if it really means anything :dunno:

Woody1985
06-10-2010, 03:27 PM

Bookies also adjust their odds on the amounts staked.

People reading this forum and betting on him because there's chat, without substance it would appear, will drive the price down. I suspect that's what's happened but would be great if he was in with a chance.

TRC
06-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Opening book is put together by compilers so clarke was seen as a outsider. but Mikey is right in saying it is only after a market has gone live that bets are taken into account which would be the case in this instance. The inside info reason would only see a marginal decress in odds,because this can be unreliable unless they have a wire in rodders office.

bighairyfaeleith
06-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Who plays in the first division? We are a premiership team.
aye but we wouldn't be if we got relegated would we?

Golden Bear
06-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Still a hell of a drop in odds.

I'd be delighted if he was appointed next Hibs manager. Would certainly lift the gloom from the last month or so.

:pray:

He'd be a very welcome breath of fresh air both to Hibs and the SPL.

YehButNoBut
06-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Victor Chandler had Steve Clarke at 12/1 on Monday now 9/4.

He's also 9/4 with McBookie.

alex74
06-10-2010, 03:37 PM
:pray:

He'd be a very welcome breath of fresh air both to Hibs and the SPL.
common clarky hope to see ya at sansiro next sat:cool2:

scoopyboy
06-10-2010, 03:57 PM
From the off the field problems i have been told about within the squad, Steve Clarke wont touch us with a barge pole. Quite frankly what i have been told about certain players, there needs to be a few contracts cancelled and these numptys sacked.

This new manager whoever it may will have a monumental task installing discipline in this squad.

By the end of the season he will virtually be able to get rid of anybody he wants without Hibs having to pay a penny.

Only ones contracted to 2013 are Paul Hanlon and David Wotherspoon and they don't cause any hassle.

TRC
06-10-2010, 04:00 PM
won't ask for names but what sort of indiscpline are talking. Not on a Craigthompson scale?:dunno:

Westie1875
06-10-2010, 04:05 PM
If it is as serious as that then why are they not getting arrested? What is still going on that is so bad? Thought most of the rumours related to stokes?

scoopyboy
06-10-2010, 04:06 PM

You said we couldn't afford him at #38 then you say he doesn't need the money cos he has millions.

What I'm saying is if he has millions then money may well not come into it. He may realise he has to prove himself at a club first.

To use your figures maybe there is nobody at the bottom of his road prepared to pay £2 to get him and he may have to go further afield to get his £1. Once at his £1 club if he cuts it he then might get his £2 club.

To say he knows nothing about Hibs is an insult to the man, he will know plenty about us and Scottish football

scoopyboy
06-10-2010, 04:08 PM
You could argue it is. The problems are very big im afraid.

The biggest one left in August and the second biggest won't be far behind him.

James70
06-10-2010, 04:13 PM
From the off the field problems i have been told about within the squad, Steve Clarke wont touch us with a barge pole. Quite frankly what i have been told about certain players, there needs to be a few contracts cancelled and these numptys sacked.

This new manager whoever it may will have a monumental task installing discipline in this squad.

Are we talking about a majority of the squad or just 2 or 3 individuals, not looking for any names. I can certainly think of a couple of likely suspects but find it hard to believe that the problems are with the majority of the players.

ScottB
06-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Considering he used to work with the likes of John Terry, I'm sure having to knock some numpties heads together won't put him off the job should he want it.

SRHibs
06-10-2010, 04:33 PM
The biggest one left in August and the second biggest won't be far behind him.

Can you elaborate please? Either here or in PM form.:wink:

bighairyfaeleith
06-10-2010, 05:01 PM
I take it the rumours about zemmama frolicking naked with bamba in a field is true then???

I didn't think we where allowed to post about it, but if it's out in the wild then fair play.

Nae wonder zemmama is always injured though, that bamba is monster of a felly:greengrin

MacBean
06-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Can you elaborate please? Either here or in PM form.:wink:

Stokes
Bamba

sesoim
06-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Clarke get my vote however surley we need to go for experience in these desperate times

He has a great pedigree as an assitant, but he hasn't done anything as a manager. I think it would be a gamble - there are plenty of highly rated coaches and assistants who have totally flopped as managers in the past.

We MUST go for an experienced manager who has already done AT LEAST a couple of decent jobs elsewhere.

carnoustiehibee
06-10-2010, 05:41 PM
this is what my west ham mate said when i told him we were in for steve clarke.

"oh god,great at chelsea but awful at us.he is so ultra defensive,playing from the back and he killed the west ham spirit of football.if you want boring football well hes your man"

and

"zola was brainwashed by clarke which was zolas downfall,playing defensive at chelsea worked cause the had the best players,big test when he went to west ham and he nearly destroyed us.fear for you if you get him"

smurf
06-10-2010, 05:45 PM
West Ham played great football when Zola and Clarke took over. Second year finances killed things.

poolman
06-10-2010, 05:46 PM

Pillow talk :greengrin

BigKev
06-10-2010, 05:50 PM
this is what my west ham mate said when i told him we were in for steve clarke.

"oh god,great at chelsea but awful at us.he is so ultra defensive,playing from the back and he killed the west ham spirit of football.if you want boring football well hes your man"

and

"zola was brainwashed by clarke which was zolas downfall,playing defensive at chelsea worked cause the had the best players,big test when he went to west ham and he nearly destroyed us.fear for you if you get him"

Without wishing to dicredit your mate - that description sounds like any Italian coach's philosophy over the past 20 years.

If Clarke was so defensively minded he wouldn't have lasted under successive Chelsea managers (Vialli, Gullit, Ranieri and others) - they have their own mindset.

Clarke evidently is someone to trust with players. Managerial material only time will tell but I'd welcome him at ER.

carnoustiehibee
06-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Without wishing to dicredit your mate - that description sounds like any Italian coach's philosophy over the past 20 years.

If Clarke was so defensively minded he wouldn't have lasted under successive Chelsea managers (Vialli, Gullit, Ranieri and others) - they have their own mindset.

Clarke evidently is someone to trust with players. Managerial material only time will tell but I'd welcome him at ER.

was he assistant manager under these managers tho? i dono. he goes to most of the games and likes football played the proper way. has been to a few derbys awsell when the nip was bouncing and huns away.

i my opinion id take clarke in a heartbeat as i agree he obviously is well respected with managers and players.

my only problem is if,like collins,the standard he sets and is used to in the prem is far too high for the hibs players to cope with.

Albion Hibs
06-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Hibs are hardly a club which Scotsman and ex-SPL-player Steve Clarke knows nothing about - we are a decent sized club - certainly as as big as most championship clubs in prestige and stature if not in turnover - which can clearly open the door to greater things (see Tony Mowbray, Alex McLeish). Hibs also offer the chance to experience european football - something which Steve Clarke would find very difficult to come by as a manager down south - and boast a great youth set up and training facilities only matched by the top sides.
Steve Clarke obviously has no financial pressure on him to find work but he is ambitious - and Hibs would more than likely represent a good oportunity for him to get on the road to achieving those ambitions.

No, I dont think so. And on that point I think he could quite easily go to these clubs which is more likely to give him a premiership managerial job.

HibbyAndy
06-10-2010, 07:38 PM

Yep, His odds have been slashed bigtime because Hibs fans are putting money on him :agree:

But to go right down to 6/4 means they know a little more than we do :wink:

Albion Hibs
06-10-2010, 07:42 PM
You said we couldn't afford him at #38 then you say he doesn't need the money cos he has millions.

Thats right, I did and I think he does. But I dont think that is relevant. You want paid what you think you are worth. What would you do if your boss said, I know you have money, so this is all I am going to give you?

What I'm saying is if he has millions then money may well not come into it. He may realise he has to prove himself at a club first.

To use your figures maybe there is nobody at the bottom of his road prepared to pay £2 to get him and he may have to go further afield to get his £1. Once at his £1 club if he cuts it he then might get his £2 club.

This guy was the most highly paid assistant in the english premiership, working for one of the top three, to say he could not get a job in the premiership if it came up would be harsh, I would think any championship club would be delighted to have him. So the nobody would have him one does not work for me.

To say he knows nothing about Hibs is an insult to the man, he will know plenty about us and Scottish football

Yes, I am sure he watches that programme on a Friday night every week!

My view above in bold.

Cabbage East
06-10-2010, 07:52 PM
No, I dont think so. And on that point I think he could quite easily go to these clubs which is more likely to give him a premiership managerial job.

Are you English or just a self loathing Scot?

Albion Hibs
06-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Are you English or just a self loathing Scot?

yeah thats right mate, because I dont think Hibs are the biggest club in the world I am english. I will leave the loathing on ones self to you.

Next time post something with a bit of substance, or save you best lines for the playground tomorrow.

Wotherspiniesta
06-10-2010, 07:58 PM
yeah thats right mate, because I dont think Hibs are the biggest club in the world I am english. I will leave the loathing on ones self to you.

Next time post something with a bit of substance, or save you best lines for the playground tomorrow.

You really are a bit sensitive aren't you? :boo hoo:

scoopyboy
06-10-2010, 08:05 PM
My view above in bold.

Reasonable debate AH.

Until he gets a job as a manager with a Premiership or Championship then the nobody will have him one has the advantage.

FWIW I have heard there could be some truth in the Clarke for Hibs story, and its not Hibs that have done the running.

Albion Hibs
06-10-2010, 08:06 PM
You really are a bit sensitive aren't you? :boo hoo:

Same applies to you....in fact think I might have found you your first ever mate...see anyone can role of the crappy lines wee boy. Come back and communicate with me when you have something worth saying, until then jog on.

benrocky
06-10-2010, 08:17 PM
Same applies to you....in fact think I might have found you your first ever mate...see anyone can role of the crappy lines wee boy. Come back and communicate with me when you have something worth saying, until then jog on.

Albion Hibs you have a nerve to use both Albion & Hibs in the same sentence,every post you put up here is the bigest load of CRAP & NEGATIVITY re the club of Hibernian. Why don't you p-ss off and crawl back up your own a-se your half way there already.:bye:

Westie1875
06-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Reasonable debate AH.

Until he gets a job as a manager with a Premiership or Championship then the nobody will have him one has the advantage.

FWIW I have heard there could be some truth in the Clarke for Hibs story, and its not Hibs that have done the running.

Nice, get it sorted Petrie :greengrin

brydekirk
06-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Yep, His odds have been slashed bigtime because Hibs fans are putting money on him :agree:

Albion Hibs
06-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Albion Hibs you have a nerve to use both Albion & Hibs in the same sentence,every post you put up here is the bigest load of CRAP & NEGATIVITY re the club of Hibernian. Why don't you p-ss off and crawl back up your own a-se your half way there already.:bye:

You are absolulty reeking mate.

Every post I have made on here sticks up for the club. I have never slated the manager, players that I feel are there for our club.

I was going to go on but frankly the thought of justifying myself, not only to you, but to a completely unfounded comment is laughable. Ssssshhhh.

Bobby's Cinema
06-10-2010, 08:27 PM

benrocky
06-10-2010, 08:33 PM
You are absolulty reeking mate.

Every post I have made on here sticks up for the club. I have never slated the manager, players that I feel are there for our club.

I was going to go on but frankly the thought of justifying myself, not only to you, but to a completely unfounded comment is laughable. Ssssshhhh.

Hit a raw nerve there. The only things you can justify would be that you are a jambo & English and if I were English I would disown you. Are you still on your way UP:bye:

Wotherspiniesta
06-10-2010, 08:34 PM

See... WEEEEEEEE bit sensitive :greengrin

Albion Hibs
06-10-2010, 08:40 PM
Hit a raw nerve there. The only things you can justify would be that you are a jambo & English and if I were English I would disown you. Are you still on your way UP:bye:

Cha cha cha....dont be silly bendover...benrocky.

Have a nice night, hope you have a good day at school tomorrow.

Hibbyradge
06-10-2010, 08:41 PM

The odds on managers reflect nothing other than how many bets they've taken.

And they only accept small bets.

If they had any knowledge, they'd close the book.

It's a very easy market to manipulate. For example, while he was at Hearts, Csaba Laszlo was installed as favourite for the Lincoln job although he was never a candidate. Don't ask me how.

However, I do have money on Clarke.

alex74
06-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Hit a raw nerve there. The only things you can justify would be that you are a jambo & English and if I were English I would disown you. Are you still on your way UP:bye:the guys a tool he must be at the wind up or he bats for the other side:hnet::hnet::hnet:

benrocky
06-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Cha cha cha....dont be silly bendover...benrocky.

Have a nice night, hope you have a good day at school tomorrow.

Thats the second time you have mentioned school, If I were you I would think twice before you post it again people like you should be locked up,
Talking of up are you there yet. :bye:

leither17
06-10-2010, 08:45 PM
well i hope he comes had £15 on him at 3/1 earlier on :thumbsup:

stantonhibby
06-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Reasonable debate AH.

:agree: I am sure I read somewhere that he was interested in the Killie job before Mixu was appointed.

Albion Hibs
06-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Reasonable debate AH.

My views on Yogi going are almost aside. Looking forward to getting someone in place, to date have not really thought about who I would like to take the role.

An appointment with a bit of a future in it is what we need, with so many players out of contract they are really going to have to give it some in training to get into the matchday picture which will hopefully help performances for the balance of the season. When we hit summer he will have enough out the door to properly build a team.

Hibbyradge
06-10-2010, 08:52 PM
I think Albion has made valid points.

We already know from press articles that Clarke doesn't view the SPL in a particularly good light and it's unlikely that he would want a lengthy career in it.

However, I think Hibs may offer Steve Clarke a chance to cut his teeth in management with a very good chance of relative, and early, success.

Hibs are close to the bottom of the league, but we're a bit of a sleeping giant. If he can get us playing football, and climbing the league, opportunities will open up for him in England.

The Championship is much more cut throat than the SPL so I think we could well be attractive proposition.

Hibbyradge
06-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Thats the second time you have mentioned school, If I were you I would think twice before you post it again people like you should be locked up,

Stop the Flaming, please.

Thanks.

Albion Hibs
06-10-2010, 08:55 PM
the guys a tool he must be at the wind up or he bats for the other side:hnet::hnet::hnet:

I know he does seem to be obsessed with may erse, very strange stuff like. Even more worrying he keeps asking if I am "there yet".... weird, but polite at least. But regardless will leave you to it bendover...benrocky...sorry keeps happening.

benrocky
06-10-2010, 09:00 PM
I know he does seem to be obsessed with may erse, very strange stuff like. Even more worrying he keeps asking if I am "there yet".... weird, but polite at least. But regardless will leave you to it bendover...benrocky...sorry keeps happening.

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Twa Cairpets
06-10-2010, 09:16 PM

well i hope he comes had £15 on him at 3/1 earlier on

Where on earth do you get odds on that

SteveHFC
06-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Steve Clarke is now 2/1 on McBookie.

ScottB
06-10-2010, 09:35 PM
was he assistant manager under these managers tho? i dono. he goes to most of the games and likes football played the proper way. has been to a few derbys awsell when the nip was bouncing and huns away.

i my opinion id take clarke in a heartbeat as i agree he obviously is well respected with managers and players.

my only problem is if,like collins,the standard he sets and is used to in the prem is far too high for the hibs players to cope with.

Frankly I hope it is and we dump out all the lazy whingers and replace them with players who want to play, not get pissed on George St. Which will in turn set the standard for young players coming through the system and subsequent arrivals, there by changing the culture at the club that is our single biggest problem!

TonyStokeprano
06-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Looks like victor chandler and william hill have stopped taking bets on it.

degenerated
06-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Looks like victor chandler and william hill have stopped taking bets on it.

paddy power don't have it anymore either

Westie1875
06-10-2010, 10:12 PM
paddy power don't have it anymore either

Nothing on McBookie either, weird?

New Corrie
06-10-2010, 10:35 PM

:tee hee:

leither17
06-10-2010, 11:15 PM

you obviously have not met my bookie:wink:

bighairyfaeleith
07-10-2010, 07:28 AM
cannae believe I never stuck a tenner on him at 10/1 yesterday:grr:

He better not get the ****ing job:greengrin

YehButNoBut
07-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Clarkes odds shortening again now odds on at 10/11 fav with Paddy Power.

He is also 13/8 fav with McBookie.

The money is down. :greengrin

New Corrie
07-10-2010, 12:59 PM
I reckon Clarke would be a stonking appointment, sadly I just don't see it happening somehow. The Financial Gulf is far to wide to bridge.

stokesmessiah
07-10-2010, 01:26 PM
I reckon Clarke would be a stonking appointment, sadly I just don't see it happening somehow. The Financial Gulf is far to wide to bridge.

Colleague in the office is saying that someone on 365 is reporting Clarke is at ER for talks.

Is there a pinch of salt Smilie?

RickyS
07-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Colleague in the office is saying that someone on 365 is reporting Clarke is at ER for talks.

Is there a pinch of salt Smilie?

i was wanting to put money on clarke getting the job, I can find it on paddy power and victor chandler but not on ladbrokes where I have an account:grr: can anyone else find it and post me a link?

Leitherhibs
07-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Clarke is at ER for talks.

Ritchie
07-10-2010, 04:07 PM
i was wanting to put money on clarke getting the job, I can find it on paddy power and victor chandler but not on ladbrokes where I have an account:grr: can anyone else find it and post me a link?

not worth it now... odds are rubbish.

Ritchie
07-10-2010, 04:08 PM

source?

Leitherhibs
07-10-2010, 04:10 PM
source?

Close to his family in ayrshire.

stokesmessiah
07-10-2010, 04:10 PM

I think they have closed the book on it again, my pal got a bet on but to be honest it was at Ladbrokes @ 7/4 - not much point in risking the money now??

HibbyAndy
07-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Bet 365 arent doing a market in regards to Clarke getting the job.

Andy74
07-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Rumour is he is at ER for talks. Anyone else heard? :greengrin

HibbyAndy
07-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Rumour is he is at ER for talks. Anyone else heard? :greengrin

Ave heard someone else :greengrin

YehButNoBut
07-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Clarke still 11/8 at Hills and 10/11 at Paddy Power, would this be easy money?? :thumbsup:

scoopyboy
07-10-2010, 04:37 PM
Clarke still 11/8 at Hills and 10/11 at Paddy Power, would this be easy money?? :thumbsup:

Nope. Just because he might be in talks doesn't mean to say he will take it or Hibs offer it. 10s or 12s worth a flutter but not less than 2/1.

Westie1875
Who have you heard Hibbyandy?

Speedway

Rod doesn't do 'talks' at ER.

He prefers Peebles Hydro or Carlisle Services.

Too easy for the media otherwise.

Leitherhibs
07-10-2010, 04:38 PM

maybe, should re-phrase that as in early talks with hibs.

HibbyAndy
07-10-2010, 04:41 PM

Sure does.

StarMan10
07-10-2010, 04:52 PM
petrie will use almost all if not all of the international break before bringing in a new manager..

HibbyAndy
07-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Gareth Evans took the training today and the players didnt get off the pitch till 3pm.

Riordan stayed on hitting the pokey time and time again, Evans Told the players he was in charge till further notice and anyone taking the piss would be talked too in the sternest of ways.

sparkiehibs
Steve Clarke

Born

August 29th, 1963 in Saltcoats, Scotland

Playing Position

Right Back, Centre Half

Senior Career

1982 - 1987 St Mirren

League Appearances - 200
League Goals - 7

Transfer from St Mirren to Chelsea - £422,000

1987 - 1998 Chelsea

League Appearances - 330
League Goals - 7

National Team

Scotland U21s

Appearances - 8
Goals - 0

Scotland

Appearances - 6
Goals - 0

Teams Managed

1999 Newcastle United (Caretaker Manager)

2004 - 2008 Chelsea (Assistant Manager)

2008 - 2010 West Ham United (Assistant Manager)

Deano Mourinho
I think Petrie will be feeling the heat on this appointment after sir toms comments etc so as soon as he finds the right candidate he wont be as bothered counting the pennies

BS44
07-10-2010, 05:02 PM

Clarke stuck 10 grand on himself at 20/1.

Golden Bear
07-10-2010, 05:02 PM

There are a few good Hibees on the staff at Peebles Hydro - Agent GB will alert his sources.

:wink:

ScottB
07-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Gareth Evans took the training today and the players didnt get off the pitch till 3pm.

Riordan stayed on hitting the pokey time and time again, Evans Told the players he was in charge till further notice and anyone taking the piss would be talked too in the sternest of ways.

I like the sounds of that. Wonder why it took until now for someone from the previous management team to invoke such a policy though...

I think Petrie will be feeling the heat on this appointment after sir toms comments etc so as soon as he finds the right candidate he wont be as bothered counting the pennies

What has Sit Tom said?

offshorehibby
07-10-2010, 05:07 PM

And what were Sir toms coments

Westie1875
07-10-2010, 05:31 PM

Something tells me he didn't use those actual words :greengrin

HibbyAndy
07-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Something tells me he didn't use those actual words :greengrin

Nah he didnae :greengrin

hibeesjoe
07-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Clarke stuck 10 grand on himself at 20/1.

haha joking aside. I reckon that would have been done loads of times in the past with different players and managers

Wheat Hound
07-10-2010, 09:04 PM
So...... was Clarke in talks with Rod today or not?!!!

Hibbyradge
07-10-2010, 09:22 PM

Finance won't be the issue, Duncan.

For a start, he's unemployed so we wouldn't have to pay compensation for him.

He's a multi-millionaire. He doesn't need a big salary.

However, Hibs would provide him with an easy chance to show his potential. We're a point off the bottom of the league.

He doesn't have to win anything, merely get us playing football and into the top 4 and richer clubs than us will come after him.

Unless he wants a wad of cash to buy players, finance won't be a stumbling block.

I think there's a good chance of him getting the job.

But, hey ho, Calderwood will do. :wink:

hibsdaft
07-10-2010, 09:39 PM

also, the salary he can command as an assistant depends to a significant degree on what mates of his are looking for an assistant at any given moment. its not the same as the salary a manager or player can command.

it may be that at this moment in time his choices are fairly limited.

has he gone on record saying he actually fancies management though?

E.T. is a Hibee
07-10-2010, 09:50 PM
West Ham had to give Chelski £5million compo when he left to join the hammers as a number 2! Jose regards him as one of the best!

If he accepts the job he'll have us up in third and kickin the arse of second by the end of next if not this season.

Purehibee_MYB
07-10-2010, 09:51 PM
has he gone on record saying he actually fancies management though?

Yeahh he said it in the times or something...

Manxhibs
07-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Yeahh he said it in the times or something...

Nice guess bro

hibsdaft
07-10-2010, 10:37 PM
While he wouldn’t rule out taking a managerial job in Scotland, a recent return to visit his parents in Saltcoats made him realise the alarming contrast between where he has ended up and where he started. “I went up about a month ago to watch St Mirren versus Dundee United,” says Clarke. “I’d never been to the new St Mirren Park so thought I’d take the chance with a weekend off. I was quite disappointed with the standard. I know it’s a difficult time for everyone, but it seems to be particularly bad in Scotland. I’m looking at the game for young players and don’t see too many that excite me.

“One or two have come out, [Steven] Fletcher at Burnley has done well, but it’s a very big transition now. Surely somebody somewhere will say, ‘Okay, enough’s enough, let’s find a way to improve the standard’. Maybe the SFA will stand up and say we haven’t got the same quantity so we have to look harder for the quality. There must be people within Scottish football looking to improve the situation. Is it to change the coaching structure at Largs? Is it time to freshen that up and encourage new faces, different people with different ideas? I just felt the game I saw was more disappointing than I thought it would be.

“Maybe it was a particuarly poor game, I don’t know. St Mirren are near the bottom, but Dundee United are third. They’ll say, ‘We won the game’, but I expected a little bit more from them. I’m not having a go, it’s just an honest assessment.”

interesting.

ScottB
07-10-2010, 11:47 PM
interesting.

An excellent attitude!

Perhaps he sees himself as being capable of bringing about change in Scotland, at least at one club? Given our facilities and recent history of producing young players it makes us an excellent place for him to try...

Lmc2105
07-10-2010, 11:50 PM
the talented players throughout england he would know would be fantastic

my number 1 choice and a really do hope he gets the Job :agree:

matty_f
07-10-2010, 11:55 PM

The thing that I would really want to see if Clarke got the job, would be for him to be tapping his contacts for players, be it on loans or whatever. When you consider the managers he has worked at, and we're talking world class managers here - and the fact that they all rated and trusted him as a coach, then he should be able to call in a few favours.

It would depend on how much he wanted to chance his arm, but the very least I'd be hoping for him to do would be making enquiries to these guys to see if there was anything doing.

sesoim
07-10-2010, 11:56 PM
I'm not convinced about Clarke for a few reasons. He hasn't actually managed a team himself - if he had even gotten a League 2 team promoted at least we would know he could handle being the "main man". Also, he must be so used to working with great footballers, that it might be hard for him to judge what is required in the SPL, especially on our budget. And he doesn't come across well in interviews, a bit similar to Maurice Malpas who was another "great manager in the making". I think he'd struggle dealing with personal criticism or the media.

I reckon fans are getting blinded by the lights here, again.

Lmc2105
07-10-2010, 11:59 PM
The thing that I would really want to see if Clarke got the job, would be for him to be tapping his contacts for players, be it on loans or whatever. When you consider the managers he has worked at, and we're talking world class managers here - and the fact that they all rated and trusted him as a coach, then he should be able to call in a few favours.

It would depend on how much he wanted to chance his arm, but the very least I'd be hoping for him to do would be making enquiries to these guys to see if there was anything doing.

:top marks couldn't agree more Matty thats why i think he would be the ideal man for the job.

come January this guy would be able to bring in some talented players am sure of that we should be trying everything to get this guy signed up.

sesoim
08-10-2010, 12:03 AM
Finance won't be the issue, Duncan.

However, Hibs would provide him with an easy chance to show his potential. We're a point off the bottom of the league.

He doesn't have to win anything, merely get us playing football and into the top 4 and richer clubs than us will come after him.

Unless he wants a wad of cash to buy players, finance won't be a stumbling block.

But, hey ho, Calderwood will do. :wink:

At least we know Calderwood can actually do the job. Unless anyone of his critics here can actually show me evidence that he has done a bad job anywhere........

As for Clarke, he hasn't managed anyone himself yet, he has no SPL experience (since 1985), and he normally deals with £70k a week players. He could still be a good manager, but why take a big money risk when there are other guys who could almost certainly do a good job without putting us in debt.

NthCarolinaHibs
08-10-2010, 12:09 AM
I'm not convinced about Clarke for a few reasons. He hasn't actually managed a team himself - if he had even gotten a League 2 team promoted at least we would know he could handle being the "main man". Also, he must be so used to working with great footballers, that it might be hard for him to judge what is required in the SPL, especially on our budget. And he doesn't come across well in interviews, a bit similar to Maurice Malpas who was another "great manager in the making". I think he'd struggle dealing with personal criticism or the media.

I reckon fans are getting blinded by the lights here, again.Whereas we've had previous managers that have worked 'wonders' at Cowdenbeath and Falkirk... Clarke has picked up so much from being connected to one of the best clubs in the world, and was there during great days. It would be so refreshing to get a boy that had experienced the top, maybe not directly, but a breath of fresh air to all that has gone on in recent years..GGTTH

brydekirk
08-10-2010, 06:55 AM

:agree: with all that
i think he will have his eye on challenging the OF as well as it would get him well noticed.

GloryGlory
08-10-2010, 07:05 AM

Yes - but would they fit into Hibs' wage scale?

Hibbyradge
08-10-2010, 07:11 AM
Yes - but would they fit into Hibs' wage scale?

Mowbray managed to bring talented players like Murphy and Sproule.

Just a pity he didn't know anything about goalkeepers.

There's always the possibility of loan players too.

Hibbyradge
08-10-2010, 07:16 AM
:agree: with all that
i think he will have his eye on challenging the OF as well as it would get him well noticed.

I'd doubt that.

We don't have the resources to challenge the OF.

Maybe, on the odd occasion that one of them totally dominates the other, someone else could have a chance at second place, like the Yams did, but that's it realistically.

Any manager who can get us playing decent football and back in the top 5 will attract attention.

Pretty Boy
08-10-2010, 07:42 AM
At least we know Calderwood can actually do the job. Unless anyone of his critics here can actually show me evidence that he has done a bad job anywhere........

As for Clarke, he hasn't managed anyone himself yet, he has no SPL experience (since 1985), and he normally deals with £70k a week players. He could still be a good manager, but why take a big money risk when there are other guys who could almost certainly do a good job without putting us in debt.

Re the part in bold.

Calderood was sacked by Aberdeen for 'various player disciplinary issues that he failed to address'. Now he may have a fair record on the park but given the rumours about our dressing room over the last couple of seasons is a man who struggles to deal with discipline issues really who we need? I lived in Aberdeen for 6 years, most of them while Calderwwod was the gaffer up there and certain Aberdeen players were never out of clubs in town and were constantly in the paper as a result of appearances at the Sherrif Court. Not for me thanks.

As for Clarke his dealings with £70K a week players might stand him in good stead for putting a few of the egos in our dressing room in their place. He needn't put us in debt, i'm sure his knowledge of the Premiership will see him be able to secure a few loan deals and a few good Bosmans. He may not have managed in his own right but i'd much rather have a highly rated Premiership assistant manager/coach than one of the Scottish merry go round like Calderwwod, Brown etc etc

HibeeMG
08-10-2010, 08:12 AM
If SC gets the job I'm sure there will be a wee phonecall from Jose Mourinho.

It'll be the first Bernabeau to Easter Road call since they enquired about a double transfer for Fletch and Benji!

Beefster
08-10-2010, 10:13 AM

He took over at Kilmarnock with the Chairman and him promising that they could get into, or challenge, for the top six by the end of the season. He left after only avoiding relegation on the last day of the season.

Calderwood is only happy when he's got money to burn on the squad, hence the reason that he didn't stay at Killie. If he could do a job on a budget, he'd still be at Killie. Dunfermline and Aberdeen are still paying for his spells in charge.

matty_f
08-10-2010, 11:09 AM
He's my favourite for the job now.And you would have to assume he's tactically sound if not excellent. As for being able to get a few fringe players on loan from his old pal ...Got to be a stick on!
Finally something we agree on!:thumbsup:

Hibs07p
08-10-2010, 11:22 AM
I'm beginning to think this could be a goer instead of no chance, for a number of reasons. There could be a connection between SC and Pat Nevin through Chelsea although they were at the club together for only one year. He appears desperate to be his own man, and money will not be the issue. The opportunity to manage is his driving force, but it must be at the right club, with the right infrastructure, we could be that club. SC knows that finishing 3rd in the SPL and a cup run will get him exposure to move elsewhere, either the OF or Championship. If he uses his contacts, that could be easily achievable, but the downside is, he won't be here very long, and the merry go round starts again.

Another good interview below.

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/football/Steve-Clarke-interview-Right-hand.4791657.jp

WindyMiller
08-10-2010, 11:24 AM
He's my favourite for the job now.And you would have to assume he's tactically sound if not excellent. As for being able to get a few fringe players on loan from his old pal ...Got to be a stick on!

Hopefully he'll bring back Maka!
:cool2:

Kerrplunk
08-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Zola & Vialli are in Scotland just now.....they must be here for an interview.

Think Zola would be happy to be Clarke's assistant :wink:

sunshine1875
08-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Zola & Vialli are in Scotland just now.....they must be here for an interview.

Think Zola would be happy to be Clarke's assistant :wink:

For the Dunhill Links Championship at St. Andrews, Carnoustie and Kingsbarns.

Kerrplunk
08-10-2010, 11:51 AM
Really??

Ach 2+2 = 5, never mind.

in-me-pocket
08-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Never say never! :thumbsup:

I never do

blackpoolhibs
08-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Hopefully he'll bring back Maka!
:cool2:

Maka might have been at Chelsea when Clarke was there, i'd imagine if he does get the job, Make will remain rotting on the welsh woodwork.

Jim44
08-10-2010, 12:54 PM
From Clarke's interview with Party Nevin, 2 years ago.

I wondered whether or not a return to Scotland and choosing an SPL club to unveil his ideas might be a possibility? "When the time comes there are definitely one or two clubs I would be tempted by back home." I wonder who they could be?

Possibly reading a lot into it, but you never know.

Grizz
08-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Was speaking to a guy at lunchtime who's pal owns a bookies and said that they've closed the book as they reckon it's dead-on cert Clarke has the job now.

Nothing new really and gawd knows how the bookies get this info, but here's hoping! :thumbsup:

YehButNoBut
08-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Was speaking to a guy at lunchtime who's pal owns a bookies and said that they've closed the book as they reckon it's dead-on cert Clarke has the job now.

Nothing new really and gawd knows how the bookies get this info, but here's hoping! :thumbsup:

If that's the case maybe we should be steaming in to the 11/8 still available with Hills. :hmmm:

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/e/1494765/sp/Next-Hibernian-Manager.html

khib70
08-10-2010, 01:07 PM
"This is what I think about Steve Clarke: if, at this moment, he had the chance to manage a club, even a big club like Chelsea, he would be ready for that. He is that good.” — Jose Mourinho "

But, what does he know? Probably not Hibs class.

Ritchie
08-10-2010, 01:13 PM
If that's the case maybe we should be steaming in to the 11/8 still available with Hills. :hmmm:

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/e/1494765/sp/Next-Hibernian-Manager.html

if i wasnt skint this month id have put a wad on this right now!! :grr:

Houchy
08-10-2010, 01:21 PM
if i wasnt skint this month id have put a wad on this right now!! :grr:

There's no point... Venus is being announced as the new manager at 10am today:greengrin

GloryGlory
08-10-2010, 01:21 PM

Petrie has an account and just put a big bet on? :greengrin

PS Only joking!!!!

brydekirk
08-10-2010, 01:52 PM
I'd doubt that.

We don't have the resources to challenge the OF.

Maybe, on the odd occasion that one of them totally dominates the other, someone else could have a chance at second place, like the Yams did, but that's it realistically.

Any manager who can get us playing decent football and back in the top 5 will attract attention.

fair enough, but id like to think we could start to compete more consistantly and close the points gap to maybe 5 points instead of 25.

ScottB
08-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Given that the UK media were falling over themselves to come and interview Hughes / do pieces on the club when we were close to Celtic last winter, he'll get bags of attention if he can manage something similar. He doesn't need to split them or anything to get the level of attention he needs.

If anything I'd expect the media down south will probably show a fair bit of interest in how he gets on anyway, given his background in the Premiership.

HibbyAndy
08-10-2010, 03:02 PM
SSN Said Tango man is the favourite:confused:

ScottB
08-10-2010, 03:14 PM

I wouldn't believe Sky Sports even if they had a recording of Petrie saying so...

matty_f
08-10-2010, 03:56 PM

I don't think the board would be daft enough to go for Calderwood. He would be a hugely unpopular choice and with attendances already falling off the back of the poor form under Yogi, it would be far too big a gamble.

HibbyAndy
08-10-2010, 04:03 PM
I don't think the board would be daft enough to go for Calderwood. He would be a hugely unpopular choice and with attendances already falling off the back of the poor form under Yogi, it would be far too big a gamble.

Agree with that Matty :agree:

GloryGlory
08-10-2010, 05:16 PM

Aye, according to TM, I would suggest! :wink:

GloryGlory
08-10-2010, 05:18 PM

Oh, aye, I just thought - the favourite what exactly? The favourite rent-a-quote re the SPL?????

Kaiser1962
08-10-2010, 05:19 PM
I think whoever is is (and Clarke is one i would be happy with) there is an opportunity for them to put their mark on the team quickly given the amount of contracts that expire this season.

Aldo
08-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Yes and to be fair Tangoman has quite a good track record in the SPL and I think he could do a job for us but TBH would defo prefer the likes of Clarke/hart/brown/Mcdonald etc.

Would like to think RP will think out of the box a bit and go for one of those rather than the tangoman.

Calvin
08-10-2010, 06:00 PM

5/6 now, a fair wedge going on. Only Victor Chandler have him at evens now.

YehButNoBut
08-10-2010, 06:08 PM
5/6 now, a fair wedge going on. Only Victor Chandler have him at evens now.

Had a nice bet at 11/8 so here's hoping, Clarke would be a great appointment for us.

And make me a few quid. :thumbsup:

You can still get 10/11 at Paddy Power.

greenlex
08-10-2010, 07:00 PM
I'm praying the bookies can't be making a howler here. Not being a real betting man apart from my five fold during the season,I just presume they have an "in" through a trusted network of contacts on these kind of situations. :dunno:

Nope just all the dafties on here backing Clarke. The more bets they take the shorter the odds.

WindyMiller
08-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Maka might have been at Chelsea when Clarke was there, i'd imagine if he does get the job, Make will remain rotting on the welsh woodwork.

My original post was a :fishin: trip.

Cropley10
08-10-2010, 07:28 PM
So you reckon a major bookie's odds are based soley on that?No inside info?

Of course! It's a market. The bookies need to cover their positions. But as the odds shorten it can have the effect of making it look more likely, meaning more bets are taken.

What price was Tony Mowbray or John Collins? And what price was the favourite, before they were appointed?

ScottB
08-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Of course! It's a market. The bookies need to cover their positions. But as the odds shorten it can have the effect of making it look more likely, meaning more bets are taken.

What price was Tony Mowbray or John Collins? And what price was the favourite, before they were appointed?

That's it exactly.

If a load of bets go on a candidate, the bookies shorten the odds, to cover themselves, and I guess in case they fear someone has gotten a hold of some tasty info.

I doubt the bookies have any more clue than most of us who the club wants to get in.

Andy74
08-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Yep it's all a bit self fulfilling. This thread itself could be leading the market on it.

AFKA5814_Hibs
08-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Yep it's all a bit self fulfilling. This thread itself could be leading the market on it.

Has anybody actually spoken to Steve Clarke to see if he's interested in the Hibs job. Surely as the bookies favourite, some journalist must have asked him about it. :confused:

stubru59
08-10-2010, 08:42 PM

Has anybody actually spoken to Steve Clarke to see if he's interested in the Hibs job. Surely as the bookies favourite, some journalist must have asked him about it. :confused:

Publicly declaring an interest immediately rules you out.

AFKA5814_Hibs
08-10-2010, 09:06 PM

Somebody must have asked him though surely?

MyJo
08-10-2010, 09:06 PM

Its like Fight Club :agree:

the first rule of hibs interviews is you dont talk about hibs interviews!!!

RickyS
08-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Its like Fight Club :agree:

the first rule of hibs interviews is you dont talk about hibs interviews!!!

I am starting to warm to the idea of Billy Reid, done a great job at Accies and can organise a team and knows how to bring on young players and to get the best out of average players. but at 20/1 it would seem an outside bet

Dashing Bob S
08-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Let's just enjoy being managerless for a spell. I don't think we should be in any hurry to appoint. I like the idea of being totally complacent. Instead, we should be heading to nearest observatory to spend a bit of time gazing at the constellations, pondering the magic of our universe and considering cosmic forces.

Westie1875
08-10-2010, 11:23 PM
So, the "media" have finally noticed this one :greengrin

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3172365/Stevies-my-No1.html

RickyS
08-10-2010, 11:46 PM
So, the "media" have finally noticed this one :greengrin

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3172365/Stevies-my-No1.html

just noticed this too!

CSABA LASZLO admits he would have jumped at the chance to return to Edinburgh - as HIBS boss!
The former Hearts manager began a new life in Belgium with Charleroi just two weeks ago after nine months on the sidelines following his departure from Tynecastle.
But the Hungarian couldn't avoid a wry smile this week when he saw John Hughes had vacated the top post at Easter Road.
Laszlo, whose family have stayed on in the capital, admits he would have relished the opportunity to swap sides.
He told SunSport: "Would I have been interested if I was still in Edinburgh and didn't have a job? Yes, definitely!
"Hibs are a very interesting club.
"I have every respect for the Hibs chairman. I have every respect for the football team they have there as well.
"They have a very sound financial base, they have a good infrastructure, probably the best in Scotland outwith Celtic and Rangers.
"They've recently finished building their stadium, they have their own academy and are based in a very good city.
"I have a good relationship with the people of Edinburgh, especially the football fans.
"The Jambos fans loved me but I think the Hibernian fans accepted me as well. I think because of this it could perhaps have worked.
"My personality brings people together! This is an advantage I have. Maybe I'd have done that in Edinburgh.
"Maybe I could have changed some of the rivalry between the clubs.
"I still believe that a few years down the line I will be living in Edinburgh - it is the place I've enjoyed the most during my career.
"I am under contract at Charleroi until the end of the season and then much will depend on what happens here.
"But I certainly would not rule out the possibility of working in Scotland once again at some point in the future."
Charleroi currently sit 14th in the 16-team league and president Abbas Bayat, who handed him a deal until the end of the season, has charged him with the task of lifting them up the table.
Laszlo said: "It was important to get back into football and that is why I took the opportunity to come to Belgium.
"I have a contract but what happens after that I don't know - you never know what can happen in football!"

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3172411/Csaba-the-Hibee.html#ixzz11oXJwaRk

NthCarolinaHibs
08-10-2010, 11:55 PM
Is that no the same club as JC was linked with?

RickyS
09-10-2010, 12:22 AM
Is that no the same club as JC was linked with?

JC managed them when Benji was there on loan, think Tommy Craig took over when he left.

joe breezy
09-10-2010, 01:00 AM
If the bookies had any real information they wouldn't be offering evens, still hope he gets it though

ScottB
09-10-2010, 01:19 AM
Zola saying we should hire him.

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Gianfranco-Zola-urges-Hibernian-to.6573004.jp

Can't think he'd be commenting unless he knew it was a possibility...

Leithenhibby
09-10-2010, 07:29 AM
I suppose if you are going to get a reference for a job then I would want this man to back me in football. I know it's the Sun but, I can't help but think that if Zola says that SC is ready for a managerial post then why no Hibernian FC.. :agree:

The more I think of SC for the job the more disappointed I shall be if it's not him.. :cool2:

YehButNoBut
09-10-2010, 07:43 AM
Can't find odds with any bookmaker this morning, do they know something we don't?

Jim44
09-10-2010, 08:08 AM
In this morning's Scotsman Gianfranco Zola makes a case for Steve Clarke. Here (http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Gianfranco-Zola-urges-Hibernian-to.6573004.jp)

Sprouleflyer
09-10-2010, 08:23 AM
just noticed this too!

CSABA LASZLO admits he would have jumped at the chance to return to Edinburgh - as HIBS boss!
The former Hearts manager began a new life in Belgium with Charleroi just two weeks ago after nine months on the sidelines following his departure from Tynecastle.
But the Hungarian couldn't avoid a wry smile this week when he saw John Hughes had vacated the top post at Easter Road.
Laszlo, whose family have stayed on in the capital, admits he would have relished the opportunity to swap sides.
He told SunSport: "Would I have been interested if I was still in Edinburgh and didn't have a job? Yes, definitely!
"Hibs are a very interesting club.
"I have every respect for the Hibs chairman. I have every respect for the football team they have there as well.
"They have a very sound financial base, they have a good infrastructure, probably the best in Scotland outwith Celtic and Rangers.
"They've recently finished building their stadium, they have their own academy and are based in a very good city.
"I have a good relationship with the people of Edinburgh, especially the football fans.
"The Jambos fans loved me but I think the Hibernian fans accepted me as well. I think because of this it could perhaps have worked.
"My personality brings people together! This is an advantage I have. Maybe I'd have done that in Edinburgh.
"Maybe I could have changed some of the rivalry between the clubs.
"I still believe that a few years down the line I will be living in Edinburgh - it is the place I've enjoyed the most during my career.
"I am under contract at Charleroi until the end of the season and then much will depend on what happens here.
"But I certainly would not rule out the possibility of working in Scotland once again at some point in the future."
Charleroi currently sit 14th in the 16-team league and president Abbas Bayat, who handed him a deal until the end of the season, has charged him with the task of lifting them up the table.
Laszlo said: "It was important to get back into football and that is why I took the opportunity to come to Belgium.
"I have a contract but what happens after that I don't know - you never know what can happen in football!"

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3172411/Csaba-the-Hibee.html#ixzz11oXJwaRk

That must be the edited version!!!

Where are the 15 million "eh's" and the 15 million "tinks"!!!

northgreen24
09-10-2010, 08:24 AM
no odds anywhere :confused::confused:

if only i put a £10 on it at 12-1 for SC as be very surprised if he is not the manager:wink:

go on rodders take a chance :agree::agree::agree: