PDA

View Full Version : If Zemamma and Duffy had stayed fit, would Yogi still be here?

Dan Sarf
04-10-2010, 12:24 PM
A playmaker to create chances and a striker to take them. Might the two of them have saved his job?

Mikey
04-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Probably.

Stuarty27
04-10-2010, 12:27 PM
What about if Derek Collins was fit and ready to step into the problem right back slot?

H18sry
04-10-2010, 12:28 PM
What if yer ma had baws :confused:

Dan Sarf
04-10-2010, 12:29 PM

What a fascinating response. Well done.

Stuarty27
04-10-2010, 12:30 PM

She'd be called Lady Gaga

Green_one
04-10-2010, 12:31 PM
If Zemamma had stayed fit, would Yogi still be here? :faf::faf:

Could we add Mixu and Collins to this question too?

erskine-hibby
04-10-2010, 12:32 PM
No, I don't believe the outcome would have been any different. He had plenty players to do a job, but failed to get them to play anywhere near their potential or, most of the time, in their correct positions....hell, he would have probably had Zouma playing at CB.

Dan Sarf
04-10-2010, 12:34 PM
If Zemamma had stayed fit, would Yogi still be here? :faf::faf:

Could we add Mixu and Collins to this question too?

So you don't think Zemamma and Duffy would have improved Yogis' team then?

H18sry
04-10-2010, 12:34 PM
What a fascinating response. Well done.

Well what do you expect from such a hypothetical question, :cool2:

Thecat23
04-10-2010, 12:35 PM
A playmaker to create chances and a striker to take them. Might the two of them have saved his job?

I don't think so if I'm honest.. Defence has been a huge problem and also just don't think he had what it takes to manage Hibs sadly.

cabbageandribs1875
04-10-2010, 12:36 PM
even i(with my fading memory) remember the days when wee zemmama played for us:agree: wisny a bad wee player iirc:greengrin

Dan Sarf
04-10-2010, 12:36 PM
Well what do you expect from such a hypothetical question, :cool2:

A discussion about the thin line between failure and success?

(Sorry my response to you was a bit grumpy by the way.)

M11BMO
04-10-2010, 12:39 PM
No. :bitchy:

H18sry
04-10-2010, 12:40 PM
A discussion about the thin line between failure and success?

(Sorry my response to you was a bit grumpy by the way.)

It's a question we will never know the answer to, the same as if Deeks had scored his penalty, if Edwin had stuck his 3 open goals in, if Colin had not been wrongly blown for offside who know what would have happened. :wink:

patlowe
04-10-2010, 12:50 PM
If De Graaf could finish open goals then we'd have scraped 2 or 3 more points and he'd still be in a job. Blessings in disguise? :devil:

Seriously though, the Duffy injury was hellish timing and had a huge impact on his future job prospects.

The_Todd
04-10-2010, 04:44 PM
We can't judge Duffy - we have nothing to base it on. He may have gained us some points, he may have been useless. We'll have no way of telling until he's fit again.

You could have lots of what-ifs, though. What if Nish's goal v Hamilton wasn't incorrectly called offside? What if De Graaf scored from his multiple open goal opportunities? What if Riordan didn't miss that penalty against Inverness? What if Deek had scored instead of hitting the crossbar with those free kicks? We'd possibly be third and still in the cup.

However, none of the above happened and we're third bottom and out of the cup. We're just going to have to move on.

E.T. is a Hibee
04-10-2010, 05:01 PM

Nope, he probably wouldn't have played them. Infact he probably forgot they existed!

patlowe
04-10-2010, 06:21 PM
We can't judge Duffy - we have nothing to base it on. He may have gained us some points, he may have been useless. We'll have no way of telling until he's fit again.

You could have lots of what-ifs, though. What if Nish's goal v Hamilton wasn't incorrectly called offside? What if De Graaf scored from his multiple open goal opportunities? What if Riordan didn't miss that penalty against Inverness? What if Deek had scored instead of hitting the crossbar with those free kicks? We'd possibly be third and still in the cup.

However, none of the above happened and we're third bottom and out of the cup. We're just going to have to move on.

There's nothing to suggest that Duffy would have been a great success but Hughes will always rue the fact that the striker he brought in to replace Stokes never got a chance.

HFC 0-7
04-10-2010, 06:25 PM
So you don't think Zemamma and Duffy would have improved Yogis' team then?

Still would have leaked goals, players would still have looked very un fit, Yogi would still have played players out of position and certain players would still never get played. I think if Zemmama had been fit it would have delayed the sacking. Maybe we should be asking as well, if the board hadnt sold stokes would he still have the job?

HFC 0-7
04-10-2010, 06:28 PM
If De Graaf could finish open goals then we'd have scraped 2 or 3 more points and he'd still be in a job. Blessings in disguise? :devil:

Seriously though, the Duffy injury was hellish timing and had a huge impact on his future job prospects.

I agree with this, but still think it was Yogis fault for being in the position we were in. He let Benji go, sent Byrne out on loan and must have known there was a chance Stokes could be sold. He made the decisions that meant we were thin on forward numbers, also bearing in mind that he didnt seem to class Riordan as a forward more of a winger or midfielder.

West Stand View
04-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Zemamma might have opened up defences a bit more so maybe we would have got a few more goals but he is a bit light weight and our defence would still have leaked goals.