PDA

View Full Version : Big incentives for a new manager . .

Bob Box Fish
04-10-2010, 11:17 AM
For the next guy coming in he has the opportunity to totally rebuild the squad next summer. With a significant number of players I believe out of contract next summer the new guy can get rid of all the dead wood.

He also has the young lads such as Hanlon and Wotherspoon plus Welsh etc who can't be far away from knocking on the door.

Add to that a completed stadium and state of the art training facility then you have an attractive position on offer.

Only other thing is money, would Petrie give the new man scope to bring in better players than your average journeymen?

I personally would love to see Mowbray come back or Collins given the fact he could bring in his own players and nurture them into his 6-pack regime.

matty_f
04-10-2010, 11:24 AM
For the next guy coming in he has the opportunity to totally rebuild the squad next summer. With a significant number of players I believe out of contract next summer the new guy can get rid of all the dead wood.

He also has the young lads such as Hanlon and Wotherspoon plus Welsh etc who can't be far away from knocking on the door.

Add to that a completed stadium and state of the art training facility then you have an attractive position on offer.

Only other thing is money, would Petrie give the new man scope to bring in better players than your average journeymen?

I personally would love to see Mowbray come back or Collins given the fact he could bring in his own players and nurture them into his 6-pack regime.

Aside from the last paragraph, I was going to post something very similar. Most of the squad are out of contract in the summer, so as long as the new manager can steady the ship and get us away from any threat of going down, then they have almost a blank canvas for next season.