PDA

View Full Version : Derek Adams

since90plustwo
04-10-2010, 11:06 AM
Young up and coming manager, plays excellent football and ha his team fight for him, has t be our No1 appointment

HibeeSince85
04-10-2010, 11:07 AM
Young up and coming manager, plays excellent football and ha his team fight for him, has t be our No1 appointment

The next manager HAS to have experience behind him IMO.

No for me.

smurf
04-10-2010, 11:10 AM

No for me.

Agreed. We need experience because there are many issues at ER/EM and quite honestly we're in no position to gamble on a novice appointment.

Of course every appointment has a degree of risk but we need to get a proven Manager. And i mean MANAGER.

calumb
04-10-2010, 11:10 AM

doubt our gang of primadonnas will fight for anyone especially not a guy from the first division, anything he says will be sooo beneath them.

bingo70
04-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Any experienced manager will have been a failure somewhere, otherwise they would be out of our reach so they'd be every bit as big a gamble as an inexperienced manager thats only ever been successfull

smurf
04-10-2010, 11:23 AM
Any experienced manager will have been a failure somewhere, otherwise they would be out of our reach so they'd be every bit as big a gamble as an inexperienced manager thats only ever been successfull

Is that what Motherwell experienced with Pa Broon?:cool2:

James70
04-10-2010, 11:37 AM
Terry Butcher may not be everyone's cup of tea but with his experience and playing history I am sure he would command respect even from our bunch of prima donnas. Couldn't see him taking any nonsense from anyone.

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-10-2010, 11:39 AM
Terry Butcher may not be everyone's cup of tea but with his experience and playing history I am sure he would command respect even from our bunch of prima donnas. Couldn't see him taking any nonsense from anyone.

Sorry but too many hun connections (I know it's stupid but hey ho miller and the blob spring to mind)

bingo70
04-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Sorry cant quote from my phone but smurf, aye, exactly the same as motherwell, theyre gamble paid off in the same way our gamble with the inexperienced mowbrey paid off and how it failed with the experienced williamson, my point is no matter who it is its a gamble whether theyre experienced or not

marinello59
04-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Sorry but too many hun connections (I know it's stupid but hey ho miller and the blob spring to mind)

Guys with a playing career at Celtic or Rangers tend to be winners. I couldn't care less about hun conections,

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-10-2010, 11:49 AM

Right now we need someone with tried and trusted methods, rather than ideas. I think we are likely to appoint someone not currently in a job.

smurf
04-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Sorry cant quote from my phone but smurf, aye, exactly the same as motherwell, theyre gamble paid off in the same way our gamble with the inexperienced mowbrey paid off and how it failed with the experienced williamson, my point is no matter who it is its a gamble whether theyre experienced or not

Mowbray inherited a tiny small squad full of young laddies and Grant Brebner and Tam Mcmanus (Both emptied pronto!). Inexperienced novice Mogga was right for the time.

The new guy is coming into an entirely different scenario and environment.

That said Mogga inherited a similar set of circumstances at WBA - as us now - when he left us and turned them around....:cool2:

Barney McGrew
04-10-2010, 11:50 AM
I couldn't care less about hun conections,

Unfortunately, there's too many small minded people in our support that do care about it.

I couldn't give a monkeys if we hired Osama Bin Laden as long as he gets a winning team on the pitch.

smurf
04-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Unfortunately, there's too many small minded people in our support that do care about it.

I couldn't give a monkeys if we hired Osama Bin Laden as he gets a winning team on the pitch.

Correct.

We don't need to like whoever is our Manager. We don't need to like whoever plays for us.

As long as they do the job. (Then i'd like them anyway!!)

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Guys with a playing career at Celtic or Rangers tend to be winners.

Yeah..just like John Hughes

Kaiser_Sauzee
04-10-2010, 11:57 AM
I couldn't give a monkeys if we hired Osama Bin Laden as long as he gets a winning team on the pitch.

I really don't think Osama Bin Laden would be a good move for Hibs. He had a great start to his managerial career at Al Q'aeda but they seem as disorganised as Hibs at the moment. Added to this, we have just finished our stadium and I don't think Cruise Missiles raining down on the west stand will do anything to improve morale.

Stuarty27
04-10-2010, 12:06 PM
Hearts fan

Bostonhibby
04-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Correct.

We don't need to like whoever is our Manager. We don't need to like whoever plays for us.

As long as they do the job. (Then i'd like them anyway!!)

:agree: But as for Adams, he seems like he is a young guy, on his way up, why would he want to take the risk at the managerial graveyard that ER is?
Any new guy coming in has to have a bit of a clear out, a budget, and nae time to do it in, only to be hounded out for failing to get and maintain instant success immediately.

Me? I'd go for Terry Butcher or Steve Clarke, Clarke would be my favourite if we could get him. However recent history, and in the interests of economy I wouldn't be surprised to see the new manager emerge from the following - Benny Brazil, Joe Tortolano or Jim McArthur. This ensures the absolutely pointless Hibs connection and McArthur has to be favourite as he generally knows far more about what makes our players tick than any of the previous 3 or 4 managers :wink:

Speedway
04-10-2010, 03:02 PM
I really don't think Osama Bin Laden would be a good move for Hibs. He had a great start to his managerial career at Al Q'aeda but they seem as disorganised as Hibs at the moment. Added to this, we have just finished our stadium and I don't think Cruise Missiles raining down on the west stand will do anything to improve morale.

Plus he goes into hiding at the first sign of trouble and his relationship with the media isn't the best.

Still, at least we'd have a derby against the infidels to look forward to.

At The Edge
04-10-2010, 03:10 PM
:agree: But as for Adams, he seems like he is a young guy, on his way up, why would he want to take the risk at the managerial graveyard that ER is?
Any new guy coming in has to have a bit of a clear out, a budget, and nae time to do it in, only to be hounded out for failing to get and maintain instant success immediately.

Me? I'd go for Terry Butcher or Steve Clarke, Clarke would be my favourite if we could get him. However recent history, and in the interests of economy I wouldn't be surprised to see the new manager emerge from the following - Benny Brazil, Joe Tortolano or Jim McArthur. This ensures the absolutely pointless Hibs connection and McArthur has to be favourite as he generally knows far more about what makes our players tick than any of the previous 3 or 4 managers :wink:

:faf:

A total laugh out loud moment and many strange stares back.

Bostonhibby
04-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Plus he goes into hiding at the first sign of trouble and his relationship with the media isn't the best.

Still, at least we'd have a derby against the infidels to look forward to.

:faf: on the positive side though, he definitely has a siege mentality, and he is unlikely to be a mason unless I have misunderstod his CV.

Speedway
04-10-2010, 03:45 PM
:faf: on the positive side though, he definitely has a siege mentality, and he is unlikely to be a mason unless I have misunderstod his CV.

He's got a strong track record of having a right scud go but we'd have an Avram Grant situation the next time we had a game on 11th September.

His sides are certainly fast flowing, attacking with a cutting edge.

If the fans don't take to him though, he'd take flight and we'd be back to ground zero again in 18 months.

KiddA
04-10-2010, 03:49 PM

No thanks

Dashing Bob S
04-10-2010, 03:54 PM

I'm glad somebody is making this point. People here seem to think that by picking some tried and tested mediocre manager you are guaranteed 'success'. You are most likely to get a cure for for insomnia, although that isn't even a given.

Every appointment carries risk.

The more I think about it I'd still rather risk young Turk for old fart any day.

Andy74
04-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Ross county have only won two games this season.

Big_D
04-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Ross county have only won two games this season.

Indeed , one very good cup run apart what has Adams done exactly ?

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2010, 09:02 PM
I'm all for being in the Adams family.

allezsauzee
04-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Good cup run but poor in the league? Sounds a bit like Falkirk the season before we hired Yogi ..........and that worked out well!

We should hire somebody with experience. Preferably somebody who has played for a successful team in past so they know what it takes to have a winning mentality in the team. More than likely this will mean they have old firm connections but i don't give a monkeys.

NOLA
04-10-2010, 09:35 PM
surprised noone has mentioned a hibby at heart (cough) with managerial experience in this league, someone who was well touted before our last or 3 appointments..

AgentDaleCooper
04-10-2010, 09:36 PM

**** that, experience and record of success please. we have the infrastructure in place, we have the financial stability.

sesoim
04-10-2010, 09:47 PM

No for me.

:agree: 100% agree. Surely it's about time we employed someone older than 50 who has PROVED he can do a job elsewhere.