PDA

View Full Version : Now Hughes has gone.

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Surely we will climb the league and start playing attractive football? It was all Yogi's fault after all, and any of us could have done better and whoever is given the job just has to play 2 wide men, Riordan up top and away we go. :timebomb:

hibiedude
04-10-2010, 10:40 AM
Well things can't get any worse BH We were heading into the first division under Yogi or do you see it differently.

You don’t know what the future holds for our club no one does.

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Well things can't get any worse BH We were heading into the first division under Yogi or do you see it differently.

You don’t know what the future holds for our club no one does.

No i cant see into the future, and did say about 3 weeks ago Hughes time was probably up. What i do wonder though is, what happens if the new man comes in, and things don't improve?

Wilson
04-10-2010, 10:45 AM
No i cant see into the future, and did say about 3 weeks ago Hughes time was probably up. What i do wonder though is, what happens if the new man comes in, and things don't improve?

Give the guy time ffs. Let him get his own players in. You know. The usual.

bawheid
04-10-2010, 10:48 AM

It's easy BH, we just boo and scream abuse until he's gone too.

We should really run a poll on who we think might be the manager after next.

blackpoolhibs
Give the guy time ffs. Let him get his own players in. You know. The usual.

Yes you'd think so, but i dont believe the new guy will get as much time as Hughes did. Apparently it was all his fault and we have the 3rd best squad in the SPL.

3pm
Fair play to you Blackpool. Still trying to get a rise out of folk even when Hughes has gone.

bigwheel
04-10-2010, 10:49 AM

If we don't improve we would end up in a relegation dog fight and need to bring in some impact players in the transfer window.....I guess it depends if our current performance is sub optimal with current squad. If you believe that then you got to expect an improvement...

Keith_M
04-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Surely we will climb the league and start playing attractive football? It was all Yogi's fault after all, and any of us could have done better and whoever is given the job just has to play 2 wide men, Riordan up top and away we go. :timebomb:

You're quite upset about this, aren't you. I suppose it's the same as when you were so desperate to get rid of Mixu, you obviously felt Hibs would be much better under a new manager. What's so different that other people think the same now?

:dunno:

bighairyfaeleith
Yes you'd think so, but i dont believe the new guy will get as much time as Hughes did. Apparently it was all his fault and we have the 3rd best squad in the SPL.

depends who the new guy is really. The amount of time a manager gets normally depends on results, how much the fans like him, the style of football we play, the players he brings in.

I know what you are getting at, but no way to know yet.

blackpoolhibs
Fair play to you Blackpool. Still trying to get a rise out of folk even when Hughes has gone.

It is a little tongue in cheek, but the question does need asked, what if the new guy cant stem the tide with the 3rd best squad in the SPL?

Keith_M
04-10-2010, 10:52 AM
It is a little tongue in cheek, but the question does need asked, what if the new guy cant stem the tide with the 3rd best squad in the SPL?

I'd have to say, that makes me laugh as well. I've no idea where people get that notion from.

Aldo
04-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Well when the new man comes in then he needs to be given TIME to sort out the mess. The season is still young but we have the same bunch of players. Lets hope he can motivate the players and get them going.

I think the best we can hope for is top 6 finish unless the new man can produce a wee miracle.

So He is gone and now comes thread after thread of who it might be and who it might not be.

bawheid
04-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Well when the new man comes in then he needs to be given TIME to sort out the mess.

How long are you giving him?

Expecting Rain
04-10-2010, 10:54 AM
The new guy probably has a better starting position than others have had in the past, wether we have the third best squad is debatable but we certainly don`t have the 12th worst either.

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2010, 10:55 AM
You're quite upset about this, aren't you. I suppose it's the same as when you were so desperate to get rid of Mixu, you obviously felt Hibs would be much better under a new manager. What's so different that other people think the same now?

:dunno:

I'm not upset at all. Boltonhibs rang me this morning and got me out my pit with the news, both of us were happy it was over, and glad we could get back to everyone pulling in the same direction.

Whats different this time is i agreed with the board that giving Hughes time to try and address the slump was the right thing to do, given what he achieved last season. Mixu achieved nothing, so we had nothing to compare it with.

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2010, 10:57 AM
I'd have to say, that makes me laugh as well. I've no idea where people get that notion from.

5th best squad at best imho, saying that we should be doing better than what we are.

eastmainsmsh
04-10-2010, 10:58 AM
http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=17132

I reckon this chap would do a terrific job :agree:

Bad Martini

What happens if that scenario pans out is, we're ****ed, relegated and oot all the cups.

Lets hope that doesny happen then eh ...

I doubt anyone could be so stupid as to invite that situation on themselves. Lets hope Petrie isny that stupid...

3pm

As we eluded to another thread, this is a big appointment. I'd expect to see an immediate improvement just through being better organised than we are at the moment.

The new manager must have a bit scope for wheeling and dealing in January as well - it should be easier to get rid of those guys in the last 6 months of their contarcts....and there are plenty of them!

hibiedude
04-10-2010, 10:59 AM

Its that not negative talk BH :greengrin

Leith Green
04-10-2010, 10:59 AM
B.H

Dont you get bored with the pro Hughes rubbish? Ffs the guys record over the past 7-8 months has been horrific, as a result he has quite rightly left the club..

Why do you still feel the need to go on and on and on, its boring and pretty pathetic, who knows what our new manager will acheive, he may be worse than Hughes, he may also be better, the only certainty is that a fresh approach is needed and someone else deserves a chance to manage Hibs.

Question for you, What was Hughes realistically go on to achieve over the remainder of his contract?

Keith_M
04-10-2010, 11:00 AM
I'm not upset at all. Boltonhibs rang me this morning and got me out my pit with the news, both of us were happy it was over, and glad we could get back to everyone pulling in the same direction.

Whats different this time is i agreed with the board that giving Hughes time to try and address the slump was the right thing to do, given what he achieved last season. Mixu achieved nothing, so we had nothing to compare it with.

Fair enough, I was under the impression you disagreed with the decision, in which case, sorry.

I was swithering myself in the summer over whether or not Yogi should be allowed to continue as manager this season. It's always easy to judge these things in hindsight so I'd find it difficult to criticize the board for giving him the change to turn things round.

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2010, 11:00 AM
What happens if that scenario pans out is, we're ****ed, relegated and oot all the cups.

Lets hope that doesny happen then eh ...

I doubt anyone could be so stupid as to invite that situation on themselves. Lets hope Petrie isny that stupid...

I hope we do improve, and think we will. The new man has to be the right man, and i have no idea who it will be?

Craig_in_Prague
04-10-2010, 11:03 AM
The good thing is that Hughes never signed any diddies that are signed up for 2-3 more years.

So if the new guy can get more out the current team, gets Zemamma and Duffy back fit, Galbraith fit and into the side, perhaps we'll pan out to have a half decent season.... and Then he'll have scope to shape his squad next summer without paying off donkeys etc.

Hughes had to go and it's rather dissapointing how it worked out... BUT at least he's not left Hibs in too bad shape, IMO!

Shrekko
04-10-2010, 11:10 AM

Damage limitation going on here.

Lets get things straight here- Yogi was NOT hounded out the door by the fans. His abysmal record over the past 8/9 months is what has led to today's events.

Fans on this forum have understandably been upset and turned on him in the same way you turned on Mixu and Collins so stop being a hypocrite. Your past record suggests you'll be one of the first to turn on any manager who is appointed.

Lets be fair here- people had every right to be concerned and were right in their assessment of the job Yogi was doing.

I supported the appointment but sometimes you have to hold your hands up and admit you got it badly wrong eh Blackpool?

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2010, 11:16 AM
Damage limitation going on here.

Lets get things straight here- Yogi was NOT hounded out the door by the fans. His abysmal record over the past 8/9 months is what has led to today's events.

Fans on this forum have understandably been upset and turned on him in the same way you turned on Mixu and Collins so stop being a hypocrite. Your past record suggests you'll be one of the first to turn on any manager who is appointed.

Lets be fair here- people had every right to be concerned and were right in their assessment of the job Yogi was doing.

I supported the appointment but sometimes you have to hold your hands up and admit you got it badly wrong eh Blackpool?

Damage limitations, don't make me laugh? I supported the manager because of what he gave us in his first season in charge. I gave him a chance just as i did Mixu, and if he'd have taken us to 4th and Europe, i'd have given him longer too.

It is the right time for him to go, in fact if you care to check, i said this 3 weeks ago. How long should we give the next man if things are the same this time next season?

Love the Green
04-10-2010, 11:18 AM

And who are these 2 wide men..
Arthur Daley and Del Boy??????

"keep the faith"

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2010, 11:20 AM
And who are these 2 wide men..
Arthur Daley and Del Boy??????

"keep the faith"

Whoosh.

Hiber-nation
04-10-2010, 11:22 AM

You really are insufferable y'know.

Shrekko
04-10-2010, 11:28 AM
Damage limitations, don't make me laugh? I supported the manager because of what he gave us in his first season in charge. I gave him a chance just as i did Mixu, and if he'd have taken us to 4th and Europe, i'd have given him longer too.

It is the right time for him to go, in fact if you care to check, i said this 3 weeks ago. How long should we give the next man if things are the same this time next season?

Well by your standards we give him less than a year (Mixu), or if he gets us into Europe (Yogi) you give him 5 weeks into the season after!

Why are you panning other people for not giving a manager time when you're one of the worst culprits?

It's true that Hibs fans can be ridiculous regarding expectations etc., but you are not the one to be lecturing folk about it!!

Gatecrasher
04-10-2010, 11:39 AM
The Decision was spot on IMO

it wasnt a slump we were on it was relegation form since feb, Some of the performences and results were woeful.

I feel for Yogi he clearly loved managing Hibs, but it had to be done

A new manager will come in and get a good look at the squad make decisions on who we need to off load and who we need to keep, maybe bring one or 2 players in jan, it also gives who ever comes in a chance to make the season a succes, whether that be top 6, a cup run or even just "steadying the ship" a bit

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2010, 11:41 AM
You really are insufferable y'know.
Thank you.

Well by your standards we give him less than a year (Mixu), or if he gets us into Europe (Yogi) you give him 5 weeks into the season after!

Why are you panning other people for not giving a manager time when you're one of the worst culprits?

It's true that Hibs fans can be ridiculous regarding expectations etc., but you are not the one to be lecturing folk about it!!

Who is lecturing, I have given my opinion?

Shrekko
04-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Thank you.

Who is lecturing, I have given my opinion?

No, you're making sarcastic comments about the views of other fans. You're also implying that a new manager won't be given time, when in fact you have been one of the fans who don't give managers time.

Albion Hibs
04-10-2010, 11:55 AM

Agreed. I am sure that next game we will win 10 nil, deek will score all of them Wotherspoon will set up 5 and the other 5 setup will come from bamba and the remainder of the under 19's team.

Maybe Martin O'Neill will take the job - it is that easy after all.

Whilst I am sure the boards decision had nothing to do with the vile anti Hibs chat that floats about here, they have made there decision. Whilst I did not want Hughes to go, I look forward to there next appointment - he will no doubt have the one season to get us to the edge of the top two and winning cups.

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2010, 11:58 AM
No, you're making sarcastic comments about the views of other fans. You're also implying that a new manager won't be given time, when in fact you have been one of the fans who don't give managers time.

Sarcastic :faf: this board is built on sarcasm. So i was wrong to want Mixu out when he'd achieved nothing, but also wrong to back Hughes when he had, I'm so confused, but not to worry, I'm sure you will be along in a minute to put me right?:faf:

Sunny1875
04-10-2010, 12:05 PM
How long are you giving him?

till 4:45 any more time and he just cant cut it

Green_one
04-10-2010, 12:13 PM
I think we can all feel your pain Blackpool.

Wrong for months and left with little to salvage now your man has gone.

The essentail thing is that Hughes has gone, not before time and we can stop the rot. ANY change gives us the opportunity to turn things around, something Hughes was incapable of, a fact you consistantly missed.

Will the next guy be a lot better? Who knows. There is an element of luck about it. There are existing problems with players, both in their management and confidence. Will the Board offer any cash - no-one here knows for sure.

After Hughes going, the next most important thing is the choice of the next man. Is Petrie the best man to make that selection - probably not.

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2010, 12:16 PM

The essentail thing is that Hughes has gone, not before time and we can stop the rot. ANY change gives us the opportunity to turn things around, something Hughes was incapable of, a fact you consistantly missed.

Will the next guy be a lot better? Who knows. There is an element of luck about it. There are existing problems with players, both in their management and confidence. Will the Board offer any cash - no-one here knows for sure.

After Hughes going, the next most important thing is the choice of the next man. Is Petrie the best man to make that selection - probably not.

Aye the pain, i'm crushed. :faf:

Shrekko
04-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Sarcastic :faf: this board is built on sarcasm. So i was wrong to want Mixu out when he'd achieved nothing, but also wrong to back Hughes when he had, I'm so confused, but not to worry, I'm sure you will be along in a minute to put me right?:faf:

Yip, when all else fails bring out the 'laughing smiley'. Well done!

I'll leave it for others to judge as to whether you are 'confused' or not.

hibiedude
04-10-2010, 12:31 PM
I think at the end of the day some people mite feel disappointed that Yogi has left but we needed to change things around fast because it was clear as day that Yogi's time was up and he knew it.

We will soon have a new manager who will have to hit the ground running because of the situation we find ourselves in.

Yogi had his supporters but the facts were he didn't have the knowledge or experience required to turn things around because if he did he would still be in a job today.

Speedway
04-10-2010, 12:39 PM

What's makes you think that Benitez won't be able to stem the tide?

I hope we do improve, and think we will. The new man has to be the right man, and i have no idea who it will be?

Whoever it is, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Phil MaGlass
04-10-2010, 12:44 PM
what if what if, what if we actually tried putting up threads that made any sense, wont happen its Hibs-net.FFS, Someones nose is out of joint, ooooaaaaarrrr missus, looks good sir, almost time for cake,but yi cannae huv yir cake and eat it, aye yi can were Hibs fans,toddle along now theres a dear, oh deary me.

Albion Hibs
04-10-2010, 12:44 PM

Funny I could have sworn he was the manager of our football team - based on you being a supporter of course - were you that quick to distance when we won and Celtic Park and finished 4th in the league?!

Good, luck, I like it.

After Hughes going, the next most important thing is the choice of the next

Stating the obvious is it not?

man. Is Petrie the best man to make that selection - probably not.

No I am sure you / the members of this board are far better placed to decide!

Comments mostly above in bold.

Green_one
04-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Comments mostly above in bold.

Completely missed the point but you usually do. Blackpool supported him strongly for months. I thought we should have got rid at the end of last season. If anyone has been Pro Hughes its Blackpool and therefore his manager. Get it? Probably not. Never mind.

Stating the obvious is stating that he was Hibs manager!!! Well done you.

4th in the league arguement AGAIN. Are you sure you are not Blackpool in disguise?

erskine-hibby
04-10-2010, 12:55 PM
It's time to forget what's in the past and look to the future and get behind the new man, whoever it is.

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Completely missed the point but you usually do. Blackpool supported him strongly for months. I thought we should have got rid at the end of last season. If anyone has been Pro Hughes its Blackpool and therefore his manager. Get it? Probably not. Never mind.

Stating the obvious is stating that he was Hibs manager!!! Well done you.

4th in the league arguement AGAIN. Are you sure you are not Blackpool in disguise?

Hallo, I'm blackpoolhibs :confused:. I dont quite see the argument that we should sack someone who got us into 4th place and Europe. He deserved the chance to start again this season, and try and reverse the slide. He got that, he failed, he got sacked. I cant argue against what the board have done.:confused:

Dashing Bob S
04-10-2010, 01:03 PM
I think Blackpools arguement was a common one on this board- you have to see a season as a discreet entity and Yogi got us 4th and into Europe, therefore a success.

But when last seasons second half form continues into this season, it's clear there's a deeper malaise and he had to go.

I think it's a valid point to ask how long the new guy will get. I say this as it's evident there are big problems behind the scenes and time will be required to sort that out. If a new man starts poorly he could be out by Christmas. Think Sauzee.

We need a real shrewd hard assed operator in there. If Yogi failed, I worry that our club is becoming pretty much unmanagable.

mickki40
04-10-2010, 01:23 PM
As we eluded to another thread, this is a big appointment. I'd expect to see an immediate improvement just through being better organised than we are at the moment.

The new manager must have a bit scope for wheeling and dealing in January as well - it should be easier to get rid of those guys in the last 6 months of their contarcts....and there are plenty of them!
Like you said... just being better organised will lead to an improvement imho. Satrurday was painful to watch. Bamba to midfield I say.

Disc O'Dave
04-10-2010, 01:49 PM

Exactly - and probably the only selling point to any respectable manager who doesn't want his reputation sullied by this poisoned chalice.

Come in, assess the squad, - get some funds in January to bring in what you need, and those you don't want to keep can either be released an Jan for a small fee or kept on as squad players...pending a big player turnover come summer.

Of course, there won't be the usual "it's Hughes' team" excuses come the new season, mind you :wink:

vahibbie
04-10-2010, 02:35 PM
Agreed. I am sure that next game we will win 10 nil, deek will score all of them Wotherspoon will set up 5 and the other 5 setup will come from bamba and the remainder of the under 19's team.

Maybe Martin O'Neill will take the job - it is that easy after all.

Whilst I am sure the boards decision had nothing to do with the vile anti Hibs chat that floats about here, they have made there decision. Whilst I did not want Hughes to go, I look forward to there next appointment - he will no doubt have the one season to get us to the edge of the top two and winning cups.

Total p!sh.
Not backing Yogi doesn't make one "anti Hibs". Anyone who believes their Club is being taken on downward spiral is entitled to voice their opinion. That opinion being different from yours does not make it "anti Hibs". I'd hazard a guess many of the posters you were in conflict with over this are long standing, loyal and dedicated Hibs supporters.

GGTTH:thumbsup:

Woody1985
04-10-2010, 02:54 PM
The good thing is that Hughes never signed any diddies that are signed up for 2-3 more years.

So if the new guy can get more out the current team, gets Zemamma and Duffy back fit, Galbraith fit and into the side, perhaps we'll pan out to have a half decent season.... and Then he'll have scope to shape his squad next summer without paying off donkeys etc.

Hughes had to go and it's rather dissapointing how it worked out... BUT at least he's not left Hibs in too bad shape, IMO!

Surely the biggest influence in all of that was what the board were prepared to give him? So it's the board that deserve the credit if that's the case.

hibs0666
04-10-2010, 03:08 PM

No we won't. It's his team that is non-achieving and it will take 2 years to empty them and replace.

Bostonhibby
04-10-2010, 03:26 PM

Sounds good to me BH, and has a fair chance of being an improvement on what we have witnessed recently, but what about the other 8 players? should we bother?

I realise we have struggled along wi a few being invisible recently. If we did go for this 0,0,0, 2 & 1 formation would we even need a manager? We'd only end up calling for his head every other week after the latest humiliation.

It seems to me that this visionary approach is likely to go down well with Rod as it will obviously be cheaper to run.

Bostonhibby
04-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Hallo, I'm blackpoolhibs :confused:. I dont quite see the argument that we should sack someone who got us into 4th place and Europe. He deserved the chance to start again this season, and try and reverse the slide. He got that, he failed, he got sacked. I cant argue against what the board have done.:confused:

:agree: My wee laugh above aside, this is how I see it, it's only very recently that I wanted to see Yogi go, and I can't help wondering how much of the failure to push on from last season was down to rogue elements in the dresing room, if it was a factor, maybe he needed to be a bit more ruthless with a few - time will tell.

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2010, 04:03 PM
No we won't. It's his team that is non-achieving and it will take 2 years to empty them and replace.

I agree, apart from his 1 full season when his team achieved 4th and a European place, his team achieved nothing.