PDA

View Full Version : Avoid the obvious new manager, unless............

Spike Mandela
04-10-2010, 09:53 AM
I think Hibs have to avoid going for the obvious manager with any kind of tenuous link to Hibs in the past and have to use the recruitment process that brought in Mowbray from leftfield.

However having said all that what about Mowbray himself. He left the club on good terms with the board. He wanted to try his luck in the Premiership and who could blame him? Won plaudits for flair but didn't succed in keeping West Brom up.

Came to Celtic but never got the time to adopt changes required so left and is currently unemployed.

He knows the club, the SPL,we know we like the way his teams play and his team was the basis on which JC led us to win LC. After Celtic he will feel he has something to prove and the price will be right for Rod Petrie.

Only fly in the ointment could be the Middlesbrough job becoming available soon.

So Rod, avoid the obvious unless it is THE obvious!!:wink:

(((Fergus)))
04-10-2010, 09:55 AM
How about Mowbray going to Middlesbrough and Strachan coming here? :wink:

Keith_M
04-10-2010, 10:29 AM
It's quite possible he intends to come back. I'm sure I heard him say he had "unfinished business" at Hibs, just before he left........................

:greengrin

joe breezy
04-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Mowbray going to Boro is more realistic, my Boro supporting friend has been hoping Strachan will go to Hibs for a while now

Aitchy
04-10-2010, 10:38 AM
:thumbsup: BRING BACK MOWBRAY!!!

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2010, 10:39 AM
It's quite possible he intends to come back. I'm sure I heard him say he had "unfinished business" at Hibs, just before he left........................

:greengrin

:faf::faf::top marks

IWasThere2016
04-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Brilliant Keeks :agree: :faf: