PDA

View Full Version : Hughes In His Own Words In Our Last 26 SPL, Scottish & CIS Fixtures...

smurf
03-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Can anyone spot a pattern and it's not just the awful results.....

Hibs 2 Aberdeen 2

"We gave ourselves a mountain to climb at 2-0 down but once again it shows you the spirit and character in the dressing room."

Huns 3 Hibs 0

"You don't win a boxing match if you don't throw any punches, So I am not going to be too critical of the team."

St Johnstone 5 Hibs 1

"I think I picked the wrong team,"

"My boys have been fantastic, but I can't give them an excuse for that tonight. You are wearing that Hibs jersey and you have to have a real pride in it, and that wasn't on show.

"I wonder at times, in that dressing room, if it hurts them enough. I hope it does. I'm not going to try to patronise the Hibs supporters. We didn't play with the passion and the spirit that should run with playing in a Hibs strip."

Motherwell 1 Hibs 0

"This defeat perhaps shows the way our luck has been going for us at the moment, but we need to rise above it."

Hibs 1 St Johnstone 1

"I have seen plenty in that dressing room, the way they train, the way they conduct themselves, there is a spirit and a character in there that no matter what we get this year they are prepared to roll up the sleeves and get stuck in."

Hibs 1 Kilmarnock 0

"It was imperative that we won today"

Hibs 2 Ross County 2

"All the credit should go to Ross County, they were possibly the better team over the piece."

Yams 2 Hibs 1

"I need a wee bit more organisation in there, that comes with experience, guys that are in who are going to bully people and organise. We're a little bit away from that right at this moment in time."

Ross County 2 Hibs 1

"Once again, I'm disappointed for the supporters, I would never patronise them, they're watching what I'm watching and it's not acceptable for the size of Hibernian."

Falkirk 1 Hibs 3

"That was us being ultra professional.... i'll keep saying this we've got goals in our team"

Hibs 2 Dundee Utd 4

"The boys have been great for me this year. I'll have to pick them up and get going again, If not, you bring other players to you club. I think a club the size of Hibs we should be up in third and fourth place every year."

Hibs 0 Celtc 1

"It was end to end and we gave as good as we got. I'm disappointed, obviously, for the players because they put so much effort into it. "

Hamilton 4 Hibs 1

"It's all about the right attitude. Perhaps we're too expansive in our play. I might need to go in there and set things up so that we're difficult to beat."

Celtc 3 Hibs 2

"Once again, we seem to be conceding goals. We have to score two or three goals to win a football match. We'll always score a goal, but we need to keep that back door shut. We can't defend crosses - we let two come in far too easy, there's no pride and desire to put their bodies on the line,"

Hibs 0 Huns 1

"In terms of effort, commitment and trying to play the game properly then I can't ask for any more from the boys."

Hibs 1 Yams 2

"I want to build a side that has resilience, I need to know that I have boys who can take us where I want to go. I need to work with guys like David Wotherspoon and Paul Hanlon and make them tougher and better. It's siege mentality, boiler suit mentality. If you get that, you will win games. I've still got a lot of work to do on that."

Motherwell 6 Hibs 6

"We need to be more resolute and show a better strength of character. Sometimes when the ball is getting battered in there and it is a bit like 'The Alamo', some guys rise above it and head it away which is right up my street. But I felt that one or two of them didn't show the right character required in order to be on the winning side and that is really disappointing. It is my job to make these boys better and try and get one or two players to help them along the way."

Dundee Utd 0 Hibs 2

"I'm a dreamer; I'm in at Easter Road a couple of times a week, I see that new pitch being laid and that new stand going up. I let myself visualise playing European football. I think we can do well in Europe, let's enjoy it. Hopefully, the fans will be satisfied with that."

Motherwell 2 Hibs 3

"We've got goals in our team and these guys are spirited and want to score goals "

Hibs 0 Huns 3

"That's football, it's an emotional game, there are plenty of incidents and we talk about them. That's why we all love it."

St Mirren 1 Hibs 0

"I don't think we did enough to go and win the football match, I felt three or four players were off of form and it is not like us. I asked them how they thought they performed and three or four said they did not perform well and, if three or four don't perform, we are playing with seven players and that is not good enough."

Hibs 1 Inverness 1

"We created enough chances to win the match, we played some nice stuff if a little bit slow. We should have won, but that's football, we need to take it on the chin. But it'll come, you could see out there that we're close to turning the corner."

Hibs 1 Hamilton 1

"I can understand it, but it's disappointing. Maybe they think we're better than we are, maybe that's the problem. Maybe it's the expectations. Maybe we punched above our weight last year. If they have a good look at what's gone on at this club and they know their football then the answers are staring them right in the face."

Kilmarnock 3 Hibs 1

"There are boys hurting in there because they care and that is a good sign. The stick is part and parcel. It is about results at the end of the day but it will turn. Things are conspiring against us at this moment. We're getting knocked down and hit with the big stick right now."

Celtc 2 Hibs 1

"We certainly gave it a right good go."

St Johnstone 2 Hibs 0

"I'm certainly the man, i know what I've got, I know what needs to be done....There's no hiding place...you need to roll your sleeves up and go again. It's a real test of character. You have to find the mindset. Don't take too much information on and let's get back to basic fundamentals."

PISTOL1875
03-10-2010, 07:49 PM
Basically the same old colin nish every week but worded differently...

blairwallace
03-10-2010, 08:04 PM
basically some people have too much time to waste :greengrin

Ants
03-10-2010, 08:08 PM
basically some people have too much time to waste :greengrin

Basically....... some people care about the team.

You can always change your girlfriend or wife but not your team.

Through thick and thin, been there got the T-shirt....

w.connectionfc
03-10-2010, 08:09 PM

Hibs 2 Aberdeen 2

"We gave ourselves a mountain to climb at 2-0 down but once again it shows you the spirit and character in the dressing room."

Huns 3 Hibs 0

"You don't win a boxing match if you don't throw any punches, So I am not going to be too critical of the team."

St Johnstone 5 Hibs 1

"My boys have been fantastic, but I can't give them an excuse for that tonight. You are wearing that Hibs jersey and you have to have a real pride in it, and that wasn't on show.

"I wonder at times, in that dressing room, if it hurts them enough. I hope it does. I'm not going to try to patronise the Hibs supporters. We didn't play with the passion and the spirit that should run with playing in a Hibs strip."

Motherwell 1 Hibs 0

"This defeat perhaps shows the way our luck has been going for us at the moment, but we need to rise above it."

Hibs 1 St Johnstone 1

"I have seen plenty in that dressing room, the way they train, the way they conduct themselves, there is a spirit and a character in there that no matter what we get this year they are prepared to roll up the sleeves and get stuck in."

Hibs 1 Kilmarnock 0

Hibs 2 Ross County 2

"All the credit should go to Ross County, they were possibly the better team over the piece."

Yams 2 Hibs 1

"I need a wee bit more organisation in there, that comes with experience, guys that are in who are going to bully people and organise. We're a little bit away from that right at this moment in time."

Ross County 2 Hibs 1

"Once again, I'm disappointed for the supporters, I would never patronise them, they're watching what I'm watching and it's not acceptable for the size of Hibernian."

Falkirk 1 Hibs 3

"That was us being ultra professional.... i'll keep saying this we've got goals in our team"

Hibs 2 Dundee Utd 4

"The boys have been great for me this year. I'll have to pick them up and get going again, If not, you bring other players to you club. I think a club the size of Hibs we should be up in third and fourth place every year."

Hibs 0 Celtc 1

"It was end to end and we gave as good as we got. I'm disappointed, obviously, for the players because they put so much effort into it. "

Hamilton 4 Hibs 1

"It's all about the right attitude. Perhaps we're too expansive in our play. I might need to go in there and set things up so that we're difficult to beat."

Celtc 3 Hibs 2

"Once again, we seem to be conceding goals. We have to score two or three goals to win a football match. We'll always score a goal, but we need to keep that back door shut. We can't defend crosses - we let two come in far too easy, there's no pride and desire to put their bodies on the line,"

Hibs 0 Huns 1

"In terms of effort, commitment and trying to play the game properly then I can't ask for any more from the boys."

Hibs 1 Yams 2

"I want to build a side that has resilience, I need to know that I have boys who can take us where I want to go. I need to work with guys like David Wotherspoon and Paul Hanlon and make them tougher and better. It's siege mentality, boiler suit mentality. If you get that, you will win games. I've still got a lot of work to do on that."

Motherwell 6 Hibs 6

"We need to be more resolute and show a better strength of character. Sometimes when the ball is getting battered in there and it is a bit like 'The Alamo', some guys rise above it and head it away which is right up my street. But I felt that one or two of them didn't show the right character required in order to be on the winning side and that is really disappointing. It is my job to make these boys better and try and get one or two players to help them along the way."

Dundee Utd 0 Hibs 2

"I'm a dreamer; I'm in at Easter Road a couple of times a week, I see that new pitch being laid and that new stand going up. I let myself visualise playing European football. I think we can do well in Europe, let's enjoy it. Hopefully, the fans will be satisfied with that."

Motherwell 2 Hibs 3

"We've got goals in our team and these guys are spirited and want to score goals "

Hibs 0 Huns 3

"That's football, it's an emotional game, there are plenty of incidents and we talk about them. That's why we all love it."

St Mirren 1 Hibs 0

"I don't think we did enough to go and win the football match, I felt three or four players were off of form and it is not like us. I asked them how they thought they performed and three or four said they did not perform well and, if three or four don't perform, we are playing with seven players and that is not good enough."

Hibs 1 Inverness 1

"We created enough chances to win the match, we played some nice stuff if a little bit slow. We should have won, but that's football, we need to take it on the chin. But it'll come, you could see out there that we're close to turning the corner."

Hibs 1 Hamilton 1

"I can understand it, but it's disappointing. Maybe they think we're better than we are, maybe that's the problem. Maybe it's the expectations. Maybe we punched above our weight last year. If they have a good look at what's gone on at this club and they know their football then the answers are staring them right in the face."

Kilmarnock 3 Hibs 1

"There are boys hurting in there because they care and that is a good sign. The stick is part and parcel. It is about results at the end of the day but it will turn. Things are conspiring against us at this moment. We're getting knocked down and hit with the big stick right now."

Celtc 2 Hibs 1

St Johnstone 2 Hibs 0

"I'm certainly the man, i know what I've got, I know what needs to be done....There's no hiding place...you need to roll your sleeves up and go again. It's a real test of character. You have to find the mindset. Don't take too much information on and let's get back to basic fundamentals."

yet he tells us OUR expectations are to high. hughes is the biggest trumpet we've ever had the misfortune to have as manager

GET HIM OUT NOW PETRIE

total embarrassment . he's taken the circus of the yams and brought it to easter road 100% FUD

Alex Trager
03-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Basically....... some people care about the team.

You can always change your girlfriend or wife but not your team.

Through thick and thin, been there got the T-shirt....

Surely the same applies

TowerHibs
03-10-2010, 09:00 PM
yet he tells us OUR expectations are to high. hughes is the biggest trumpet we've ever had the misfortune to have as manager

GET HIM OUT NOW PETRIE

total embarrassment . he's taken the circus of the yams and brought it to easter road 100% FUD

was reading the opening post and this was the main one that jumped out on me. I am happy for the manager to be loud mouthed in the media but this example of him saying we should be 3 or 4th every year should be expressed at the AGM this week

"So John, last season you said you wanted 3rd, then you went on to say a club of this size should be 3rd or 4th every year, yet when the going gets tough, its the fans expectations are too high"

Watch him scwirm and try talk his way out like a gadgie!

vahibbie
03-10-2010, 09:04 PM
was reading the opening post and this was the main one that jumped out on me. I am happy for the manager to be loud mouthed in the media but this example of him saying we should be 3 or 4th every year should be expressed at the AGM this week

"So John, last season you said you wanted 3rd, then you went on to say a club of this size should be 3rd or 4th every year, yet when the going gets tough, its the fans expectations are too high"

Watch him scwirm and try talk his way out like a gadgie!

Bet his answer is total slavers annaw:agree:

Hibercelona
03-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Why can't he just come out and say how p!sh we are? :confused:

He keeps saying things like "Its coming", "We're about to turn the corner" & "The players are hurting"....etc...

Yet he says the same things every week. :confused:

Can't he see that we aren't "turning any corner" and that nothing is "coming"?

The only person that will be turning a corner will hopefully be Yogi. Turning a corner right out of the stadium car park and straight out of Leith walk.

(((Fergus)))
03-10-2010, 09:17 PM
"I'm a dreamer" :top marks

Jack
03-10-2010, 09:35 PM
I'm sure you're post will appear in a 1st year university psychology exam later this semester!
In the meantime ...

sh00byd00
03-10-2010, 10:11 PM
It tells me the only cliché he hasn't spouted yet is "Fitba's a game of two halves"

He's going through the whole repertoire of every football saying ever and i mean EVER!

Good luck to him getting through 'em all.

silverhibee
03-10-2010, 10:15 PM

Hibs 2 Aberdeen 2

Huns 3 Hibs 0

St Johnstone 5 Hibs 1

Motherwell 1 Hibs 0

Hibs 1 St Johnstone 1

Hibs 1 Kilmarnock 0

Hibs 2 Ross County 2

Yams 2 Hibs 1

Ross County 2 Hibs 1

Falkirk 1 Hibs 3

Hibs 2 Dundee Utd 4

Hibs 0 Celtc 1

Hamilton 4 Hibs 1

Celtc 3 Hibs 2

Hibs 0 Huns 1

Hibs 1 Yams 2

Motherwell 6 Hibs 6

Dundee Utd 0 Hibs 2

Motherwell 2 Hibs 3

Hibs 0 Huns 3

St Mirren 1 Hibs 0

Hibs 1 Inverness 1

Hibs 1 Hamilton 1

Kilmarnock 3 Hibs 1

Celtc 2 Hibs 1

St Johnstone 2 Hibs 0

The bit in bold. :greengrin

smurf
03-10-2010, 11:15 PM
The bit in bold. :greengrin

Knew somebody would pick up on that!:greengrin

silverhibee
03-10-2010, 11:24 PM
Knew somebody would pick up on that!:greengrin

Why not, he is a bully. :greengrin

:taxi