PDA

View Full Version : What Now ?

Fifehibee
03-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Ok so I have not posted on here for a bit but, we as a club have had a bad start to the session, no question. IMO this is not just the managers fault the players and fans are just as responsible. Next step listening to some on here we sack the manager and start all over again ?! lets face it we do not have the money to get O'Neil etc... so that leaves us with a crap start to the session and no manager... then an other unproven manager (that's all we can afford) they might keep us up ?

Should we not look to baton down the hatches ride the storm and stand behind the club united ? and not just do the same thing we do every time something goes wrong and sack another manager ??

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 06:18 PM
For me, baton down and ride this puppy out.

As a hibs fan I have seen miles worse, felt much worse etc. These things make you are supporters and a club.

I really really dont want to become the club that changes it manager everytime a few results dont go there way. Lets leave that to the hertz, Newcastle, and Real Madrid.

SRHibs
03-10-2010, 06:21 PM
You've seen 'miles worse' than 4 wins in 29 and our worst home record in over 100 years? I find that hard to believe. Not to mention the football we're playing is absolute ****. I can count on one hand the amount of games that we've actually played the flair football style Yogi wants us to adopt.

We need to get rid of him, and fast.

steakbake
03-10-2010, 06:25 PM

As a hibs fan I have seen miles worse, felt much worse etc. These things make you are supporters and a club.

I really really dont want to become the club that changes it manager everytime a few results dont go there way. Lets leave that to the hertz, Newcastle, and Real Madrid.

4 results in 29 matches have gone our way. This is not a temporary blip. We are pish poor and the manager has a lot of responsibility for it. Hearts, to be fair to them, have never been on a run of a "few results not going our way" quite like ours. They have a revolving door management policy because they are run by nutters. We have one because our Board don't seem to know what a football manager is and keep getting it wrong.

Get him out and get people in who know what they are doing: and I'm increasingly thinking that the board themselves should not be exempt from criticism. Yes, they can run a business, but there's not been much evidence recently that they can run a football business.

I honestly cannot believe that despite all the evidence we've been served up since January, that there are still people who think this is some kind of wee test of loyalty for us and that Yogi should be given even more time.

Fifehibee
03-10-2010, 06:29 PM
4 results in 29 matches have gone our way. This is not a temporary blip. We are pish poor and the manager has a lot of responsibility for it. Hearts, to be fair to them, have never been on a run of a "few results not going our way" quite like ours. They have a revolving door management policy because they are run by nutters. We have one because our Board don't seem to know what a football manager is and keep getting it wrong.

Get him out and get people in who know what they are doing: and I'm increasingly thinking that the board themselves should not be exempt from criticism. Yes, they can run a business, but there's not been much evidence recently that they can run a football business.

I honestly cannot believe that despite all the evidence we've been served up since January, that there are still people who think this is some kind of wee test of loyalty for us and that Yogi should be given even more time.

so who is the answer then ?

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 06:32 PM

We finished 4th last year and qualified for Europe, thats not good enough for you - what would be?

PS Bara are playing on sky sports, think they are maybe the team you want to be supporting.

steakbake
03-10-2010, 06:32 PM
so who is the answer then ?

Beats me. But Yogi is certainly not the answer to anything.

erskine-hibby
03-10-2010, 06:33 PM

No you haven't!

4 wins in 29 games...29!!! thats almost a full season. Not even under duff Jimmy was it as bad.

So tell me, when was it worse????

steakbake
03-10-2010, 06:34 PM
We finished 4th last year and qualified for Europe, thats not good enough for you - what would be?

PS Bara are playing on sky sports, think they are maybe the team you want to be supporting.

Do you think we'll finish 4th this year and qualify for Europe? Have you been watching since the turn of this year?

We are absolutely horrendous and Yogi does not know how to turn it around. Fine when things are going well, but if all he can talk about is "spirit" and "a bit of luck" as if those are the only tangible things that will turn around our fortunes then we're a lost cause.

SRHibs
03-10-2010, 06:35 PM
we finished 4th last year and qualified for europe, thats not good enough for you - what would be?

Ps bara are playing on sky sports, think they are maybe the team you want to be supporting.
ltyf

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Do you think we'll finish 4th this year and qualify for Europe? Have you been watching since the turn of this year?

We are absolutely horrendous and Yogi does not know how to turn it around. Fine when things are going well, but if all he can talk about is "spirit" and "a bit of luck" as if those are the only tangible things that will turn around our fortunes then we're a lost cause.

get real and tell me where you want to be finishing each year?

I dont know where we will finish but we are only 7 games in and I have no reason to think we wont - you seem to think we are going to be relegated. Yes, I have been watching, with the exception of the Kille and St Mirren game I have seen them all.

I have watched us score the first goal take the lead, then fail to convert the second. So if luck and spirit are not the only things - what are we missing?

steakbake
03-10-2010, 06:47 PM
get real and tell me where you want to be finishing each year?

I dont know where we will finish but we are only 7 games in and I have no reason to think we wont - you seem to think we are going to be relegated. Yes, I have been watching, with the exception of the Kille and St Mirren game I have seen them all.

I have watched us score the first goal take the lead, then fail to convert the second. So if luck and spirit are not the only things - what are we missing?

Are you Yogi? :cool2:

brydekirk
03-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Ok so I have not posted on here for a bit but, we as a club have had a bad start to the session, no question. IMO this is not just the managers fault the players and fans are just as responsible. Next step listening to some on here we sack the manager and start all over again ?! lets face it we do not have the money to get O'Neil etc... so that leaves us with a crap start to the session and no manager... then an other unproven manager (that's all we can afford) they might keep us up ?

Should we not look to baton down the hatches ride the storm and stand behind the club united ? and not just do the same thing we do every time something goes wrong and sack another manager ??
NO. this manager has no tactics, wont use subs until forced to, and wont give our youth a chance. END OFF.

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Are you Yogi? :cool2:

Typical, post a slate have no with substance, your yam stats and then through in some silly comment.

vahibbie
03-10-2010, 06:58 PM

FFS, that quote's been done to death. It's rarely qualified by Yogi supporters with the "but we got emptied at the first hurdle by an average team".
What the hell's the point of qualifying if we can't even make a game of the first match.

BEEJ
03-10-2010, 07:01 PM

You're wasting your time.

None of those who advocate the status quo are prepared to set out how much longer they would give it on this appalling run of form before they would issue the P45. Few of them advocate what alternative measures they would take if indeed the manager is not entirely to blame.

They don't say what evidence they have gathered from the last 5 or 6 months of Hibs performances to demonstrate this confidence they have in Yogi. What have they seen that indicates we are on an upward spiral in development terms that will soon translate into results? No one can answer that question. Instead they appear happy to shrug off abject performances as 'one of those things' and to put the rest down to 'bad luck'.

However, they are very quick to ask who you would bring in as a new Manager, as if you're somehow Rod Petrie with all the resources, contacts and time at your disposal to form a view on that not insignificant problem.

The philosophy appears to be (much like Yogi) to keep the fingers crossed and wait for that statistical probability of an eventual Hibs win. Unlikely as that is to emerge from a rock solid Hibs performance as opposed to some good fortune coming our way, some of these folks will be first on here with the GIRUY threads.

Best to ignore.

SRHibs
03-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Typical, post a slate have no with substance, your yam stats and then through in some silly comment.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 07:05 PM
FFS, that quote's been done to death. It's rarely qualified by Yogi supporters with the "but we got emptied at the first hurdle by an average team".
What the hell's the point of qualifying if we can't even make a game of the first match.

Almost as much as goons like you go on about results since the start of the year - What difference does that make if it covers two seasons?

Re average team, we are a far far more average team than they are. If you watched the game then you will probably concur that the "average team" would walk the SPL - so why anyone thinks we should beat them, I will never know.

PS, generally teams are judged on there results - our finishing position at the end of last season would therefore be quite a valid consideration, dont you agree??

emmjayfox
03-10-2010, 07:07 PM
What do we do with most of our players who fail to pass a 10 yard ball accurately. would that be yogis fault as well?

vahibbie
03-10-2010, 07:08 PM

None of those who advocate the status quo are prepared to set out how much longer they would give it on this appalling run of form before they would issue the P45. Few of them advocate what alternative measures they would take if indeed the manager is not entirely to blame.

They don't say what evidence they have gathered from the last 5 or 6 months of Hibs performances to demonstrate this confidence they have in Yogi. What have they seen that indicates we are on an upward spiral in development terms that will soon translate into results? No one can answer that question. Instead they appear happy to shrug off abject performances as 'one of those things' and to put the rest down to 'bad luck'.

However, they are very quick to ask who you would bring in as a new Manager, as if you're somehow Rod Petrie with all the resources, contacts and time at your disposal to form a view on that not insignificant problem.

The philosophy appears to be (much like Yogi) to keep the fingers crossed and wait for that statistical probability of an eventual Hibs win. Unlikely as that is to emerge from a rock solid Hibs performance as opposed to some good fortune coming our way, some of these folks will be first on here with the GIRUY threads.

Best to ignore.

:top marks
Mibbe we should have one of these :ostrich: just for Yogi fans:wink:

steakbake
03-10-2010, 07:10 PM

That's right, I disagree with you and therefore I must be a Yam on the windup. I've been on these boards for nigh on 6 years and you've managed to uncover my big secret. Give me a break.

Luck and spirit are a load of rubbish. As if dame fortune herself is going to descend on Easter Road and put in a personal appearance in the dressing room to make everything magically right again.

It's not just me saying it, but read most football pundits, the views of a majority of fans and you'll read that in many people's opinions, we are not playing good football in the slightest. You don't even need these - turn up to an average match and you'll see a team which plays without tactics or at least, tactics that change in response to the game, players arguing amongst themselves because they don't know where they're supposed to be and I think it's fair to say, a team who are not playing to the sum total of their actual quality.

Looking at Yogi's career, things quickly went downhill at Falkirk. I'd even go so far to say that Hibs rescued him from his P45 at Falkirk. He is not the man for the job. He's presided over our best run of results at the beginning of last season - for which of course, he would accept the plaudits and had it not been for those, we would not have finished in the top 6. He's now presided over our worst run of results in a century but he's exempt from criticism?

HibsMax
03-10-2010, 07:13 PM

Best to ignore.

I disagree with your best to ignore statement. Better to discuss and see if we can collectively come up with a solution that everyone can agree upon - something which is currently as elusive as the fabled unicorn.

I am not a Yogi apologist but I don't think it is all his fault, I think the players have to be put under the microscope as well. Fundamentally speaking, players should be able to play football regardless of who is picking the team. Obviously I am not able to get to the games from over here so I go by what I read online and time and time again I read about certain players not getting things right. Maybe those players need to be dropped, in which case I can see why people would blame Yogi for that (assuming there is a replacement waiting).

The only game I did see this season was 2-1 at Parkhead. The picture wasn't great so all I could really do was make out which team had the ball, not which player, and I have to say that I was disappointed with what I saw. At times Hibs looked clueless and couldn't pass the ball to someone in a Hibs shirt. Passing the ball is not something we can blame the manager for IMO.

HibsMax
03-10-2010, 07:15 PM
What do we do with most of our players who fail to pass a 10 yard ball accurately. would that be yogis fault as well?

Precisely. Yogi picks the team, picks the tactics and makes the subs. But he cannot make the players perform at the level expected of them.

vahibbie
03-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Almost as much as goons like you go on about results since the start of the year - What difference does that make if it covers two seasons?

Steady pal, but if yir wanting to trade insults...

Re average team, we are a far far more average team than they are. If you watched the game then you will probably concur that the "average team" would walk the SPL - so why anyone thinks we should beat them, I will never know.

I will concede that they have as much chance of winning the SPL as Hibs. Yes, they were considerably better than us, but still average. Unfortunately I can remember when we wouldn't have broke sweat beating them. Sadly those days are long gone, however surely the point of reaching a European qualifying position should be to actually compete, at least in the first game...no get well pumped.

PS, generally teams are judged on there results - our finishing position at the end of last season would therefore be quite a valid consideration, dont you agree??
Hope you will remeber the dizzy heights of 4th last season if on the last day of this season Yogi has us on the verge of relegation. I mean, after all last season's position is what we should be judging ourselves on:bitchy:

BEEJ
03-10-2010, 07:21 PM
I disagree with your best to ignore statement. Better to discuss and see if we can collectively come up with a solution that everyone can agree upon - something which is currently as elusive as the fabled unicorn.
There are a few (yourself included) who can set out alternative viewpoints without being controversial to the point of being attention-seeking. Those comments are always worthy of consideration.

I am not a Yogi apologist but I don't think it is all his fault, I think the players have to be put under the microscope as well. Fundamentally speaking, players should be able to play football regardless of who is picking the team. Obviously I am not able to get to the games from over here so I go by what I read online and time and time again I read about certain players not getting things right. Maybe those players need to be dropped, in which case I can see why people would blame Yogi for that (assuming there is a replacement waiting).
Got it in one. :wink: There are players that need to be dropped to the bench whom he persists in keeping in the starting 11.

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 07:34 PM
I will concede that they have as much chance of winning the SPL as Hibs. Yes, they were considerably better than us, but still average. Unfortunately I can remember when we wouldn't have broke sweat beating them. Sadly those days are long gone, however surely the point of reaching a European qualifying position should be to actually compete, at least in the first game...no get well pumped.

Yeah your right, lets aim to finish just outside the qualifying zone, just in case we might get beat - crystall ball to hand?

Hope you will remeber the dizzy heights of 4th last season if on the last day of this season Yogi has us on the verge of relegation. I mean, after all last season's position is what we should be judging ourselves on:bitchy:

I have never said we should measure this season on last, we will measure this season on this season, the start has not been the best but we are only 4 points off 3rd and we have played the OF twice, we were beaten in St Mirren, a place we haven’t won in 12 years (when by the way we had a much higher standard of team), St J where we got battered 5-1 last time. I have stated that we should not forget this manager got us into 4th last year.

Here is a novel idea why dont we not judge Yogi over the calendar year - what you and many others do - because that is just about as relevant as....something completely irrelevant.

vahibbie
03-10-2010, 07:43 PM
I have never said we should measure this season on last, we will measure this season on this season, the start has not been the best but we are only 4 points off 3rd and we have played the OF twice, we were beaten in St Mirren, a place we haven’t won in 12 years (when by the way we had a much higher standard of team), St J where we got battered 5-1 last time. I have stated that we should not forget this manager got us into 4th last year. [/FONT]

Here is a novel idea why dont we not judge Yogi over the calendar year - what you and many others do - because that is just about as relevant as....something completely irrelevant.

So what does this statement mean "PS, generally teams are judged on there results - our finishing position at the end of last season would therefore be quite a valid consideration, dont you agree??
So, last season should be judged on last seasons position and this season we should wait till the end to pass judgement.
FFS we could be relegated by that time and playing in fron of 2 men and a dug:bitchy:
And that's only if the dug kens F all about fitba.

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 08:15 PM
So what does this statement mean "PS, generally teams are judged on there results - our finishing position at the end of last season would therefore be quite a valid consideration, dont you agree??
So, last season should be judged on last seasons position and this season we should wait till the end to pass judgement.
FFS we could be relegated by that time and playing in fron of 2 men and a dug:bitchy:
And that's only if the dug kens F all about fitba.

Do me a favour. Read my post, then yours, then mine. I am not interested in explaining as I dont think you have read them properly.

vahibbie
03-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Do me a favour. Read my post, then yours, then mine. I am not interested in explaining as I dont think you have read them properly.

Obviously yir way to smart for me. Anyone that STILL thinks Yogi has what it takes must have more understanding of the game......and reading, than me.
You must be one of thse "footballing people" Yogi slavers aboot.
I will however give you top marks for tenacity in the face of overwhelming odds.
Zero points for common sense.

HibsMax
03-10-2010, 08:43 PM
There are a few (yourself included) who can set out alternative viewpoints without being controversial to the point of being attention-seeking. Those comments are always worthy of consideration.

Got it in one. :wink: There are players that need to be dropped to the bench whom he persists in keeping in the starting 11.

Well I can't blame the players for that. ;)

The one thing that annoys me is that some people on this messageboard seem to think, or they imply, that we already have the right players and just subbing the manager is what we need to reverse our fortune. If that truly is the case then I have to question the commitment and true talent our players have if they can play better football for one man than they can for another. Of course I am excluding the talent that doesn't get picked, there's little they can do from the stands.

emmjayfox
03-10-2010, 08:50 PM
Well I can't blame the players for that. ;)

The one thing that annoys me is that some people on this messageboard seem to think, or they imply, that we already have the right players and just subbing the manager is what we need to reverse our fortune. If that truly is the case then I have to question the commitment and true talent our players have if they can play better football for one man than they can for another. Of course I am excluding the talent that doesn't get picked, there's little they can do from the stands.

It will be interesting to see if the players have the fight for a derby match.

vahibbie
03-10-2010, 09:00 PM
It will be interesting to see if the players have the fight for a derby match.

God I hope so.
Unfortunately I think the Jambos will out fight us. We're both *****e but we seem so devoid of guts and character that I think they will beat us:boo hoo:

F**, cannae beleive I said that:bitchy: