PDA

View Full Version : jim mcintrye?

hibeedonald
03-10-2010, 04:14 PM
young and definitely affordable, has done well with Dunfermline this season under a very limited budget. A possible target?

Toaods
03-10-2010, 04:19 PM
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....no.

Hakim Sar
03-10-2010, 04:26 PM
He fields banned players in cup competitions.

Would take boy Joe cardle from them tho. quality player

steve75
03-10-2010, 04:30 PM
young and definitely affordable, has done well with Dunfermline this season under a very limited budget. A possible target?

I used to do stewarding at east end, didn't see last season, and none of this, but previously McIntyre had them playing really good football and they were by far the better team in almost every game just lacked a couple quality players. I am in no way surprised how well they are doing this season, it was only a matter of time.

However, to be considered, I think he would have to get them promoted and then have a good season in the spl. He is a manager I think will have a fairly successful career though.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Liza minelli

Right now can we stop with the random suggestions for a position which is not yet vacant (no pun intended)?

marinello59
03-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Liza minelli

Right now can we stop with the random suggestions for a position which is not yet vacant (no pun intended)?

Nope.:greengrin

Suggs from Madness.

Jack
03-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Prince Charles has played the second in comand for some time now and IMO this could be the time for him to step up.
He's made a few bob during his time so might not take a large wedge to tempt him.
Either him or John Toshack?

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 05:00 PM
Prince Charles has played the second in comand for some time now and IMO this could be the time for him to step up.
He's made a few bob during his time so might not take a large wedge to tempt him.

All that and he's used to talking to vegetables, plus have you seen how many medals he's won?

marinello59
03-10-2010, 05:43 PM

Let's show some real ambition and go for the Queen. (It'll shut the huns up when they visit too.)

Dalianwanda
03-10-2010, 06:16 PM
**** young and affordable lets push the boat out a bit. we have some tremendous players ths just need to be told what to do

Viva_Palmeiras
03-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Zico walked out on his club let's get him in
Despite the poor exchange rate a deal could be cut if we pay him in dollars number 2 Leonardo withba great pedigree and European experience

lyonhibs
03-10-2010, 07:55 PM
**** young and affordable lets push the boat out a bit. we have some tremendous players ths just need to be told what to do

Tremendous players who need to be told what to do??

Pushing the boat out isn't, never has been and never will be Petrie's way since the Sauzee and Latapy days almost pushed us to Straiton.

broonie27
03-10-2010, 08:42 PM

in a word NO

monktonharp
03-10-2010, 09:37 PM
:pray:please God,what have I done to annoy you

Beefster
03-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Are there any managers, who have strung a couple of wins together, that haven't been touted for the job on here yet?

sesoim
03-10-2010, 10:14 PM
No. Why should we consider a guy who is only starting to come good after a couple of years. There are other guys (eg Calderwood) that barely need any time to sort a team out. He might be good in a few years, but we can afford better.

And besides, he talks ****my.:offski:

HibeeMG
03-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Having seen the Pars a few times over this and last season, I can say that McIntyre has done a very good job given the resources he has.

He's definitely not an SPL level manager though and wouldn't stand up to the intense scrutiny of managing a club like Hibs.

I agree with the poster that touted Joe Cardle. Whenever I've seen him, he's had the ability to turn games and the right back always gets a tough game from him.

Another player we've been linked with is Willie Gibson. He's probably the most annoyingly inconsistent player I've seen in ages! He had a shocking game in the League Cup for them and then turned in a very good performance against Celtic in the next round.

MacBean
03-10-2010, 11:09 PM
the first word of your post is enough for me to say no

BEEJ
03-10-2010, 11:11 PM

All that and he's used to talking to vegetables, plus have you seen how many medals he's won?
:hilarious

Dalianwanda
04-10-2010, 01:55 AM
Tremendous players who need to be told what to do??

Pushing the boat out isn't, never has been and never will be Petrie's way since the Sauzee and Latapy days almost pushed us to Straiton.
OK some potentially or on their day tremendous players :wink: And I know its not been the way but would like it to be the way

AgentDaleCooper
04-10-2010, 03:30 AM
my thoughts exactly.

possibly not the best analogy, but i've worked for a few years with people with severe learning difficulties. it can be a great job, but if you're working with another staff member who doesn't know how to handle challenging behavior, you can be sure you'll have an utterly miserable shift. maybe sometimes a pretty unskilled person can work well with people when they just click with, but if you're good at your job you can do it properly no matter what you have to deal with. i'm sure it's the same in any line of work - you need a good team, but if you've got a good leader who knows what they're doing, a solid team can be built no matter the team's make-up.

this stuff about us having a weak squad is pish IMO, we've got 2 goalies who have done well elsewhere previously, 2 internationals from highly rated african countries in defence, miller, zemmama, spoony and mcbride in midfield, deeks up front - most teams in our league would be delighted with such talent in their ranks. just look at how well the seemingly ineffective (with us) gow is doing at motherwell.

as has been said before, we were lucky with mowbray - young managers like him don't come along every day.

what we need is an EXPERIENCED manager who knows how to handle egos, and knows how to win games. with our training facilities, stadium and financial security, this shouldn't be very difficult - all we need is the board to grow a pair.

Steve-O
04-10-2010, 07:24 AM
Gianfranco Zola, he's the man to lead us to glory :agree:

The_Todd
04-10-2010, 07:46 AM
Roy Hodgson will be out of a job soon. Get him in Petrie! :grr:

:hilarious

Aldo
04-10-2010, 08:32 AM
In a word

NO

aberhibsfc
04-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Zico walked out on his club let's get him in
Despite the poor exchange rate a deal could be cut if we pay him in dollars number 2 Leonardo withba great pedigree and European experience

This might sound barking mad, but if it's pedigree your after, what about Lassie?

He's the dogs bollocks!

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2010, 12:20 PM
This might sound barking mad, but if it's pedigree your after, what about Lassie?

He's the dogs bollocks!

Would Rod go for a woman?

--------
04-10-2010, 12:23 PM
my thoughts exactly.

possibly not the best analogy, but i've worked for a few years with people with severe learning difficulties. it can be a great job, but if you're working with another staff member who doesn't know how to handle challenging behavior, you can be sure you'll have an utterly miserable shift. maybe sometimes a pretty unskilled person can work well with people when they just click with, but if you're good at your job you can do it properly no matter what you have to deal with. i'm sure it's the same in any line of work - you need a good team, but if you've got a good leader who knows what they're doing, a solid team can be built no matter the team's make-up.

this stuff about us having a weak squad is pish IMO, we've got 2 goalies who have done well elsewhere previously, 2 internationals from highly rated african countries in defence, miller, zemmama, spoony and mcbride in midfield, deeks up front - most teams in our league would be delighted with such talent in their ranks. just look at how well the seemingly ineffective (with us) gow is doing at motherwell.

as has been said before, we were lucky with mowbray - young managers like him don't come along every day.

what we need is an EXPERIENCED manager who knows how to handle egos, and knows how to win games. with our training facilities, stadium and financial security, this shouldn't be very difficult - all we need is the board to grow a pair.

:top marks

heretoday
04-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Mowbray for Boro. Strachan for Hibs and what's the betting he storms out of his first press conference!