PDA

View Full Version : The Blame Game

HibsMax
03-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Yay, another poll which will prove absolutely nothing but I am curious to know how the posters on Hibs.net would distribute the blame. So check all the boxes that apply and let's see where the cards fall.....

FromTheCapital
03-10-2010, 04:00 PM
We have got a decent bunch of players that are miles better than some of the teams above us but we've not got the right manager that has tactical sense or know's how to pick a decent sqaud..... Blame The Manager !

marinello59
03-10-2010, 04:05 PM
We have got a decent bunch of players that are miles better than some of the teams above us but we've not got the right manager that has tactical sense or know's how to pick a decent sqaud..... Blame The Manager !

If that's true then personal pride should have seen them produce a better performance than yesterday. The players are partly to blame.
Having said that Yogi seems to send them out with great big question marks over their heads with nobody seeming to know just what they should be doing.
The board appointed him, so they can take a piece of the blame too.
The fans are the innocent victims.

BEEJ
03-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Didn't vote; but all five factors are at play to some extent.

It's just that 70% of the problem lies with the Manager.

Baldy Foghorn
03-10-2010, 04:10 PM
If that's true then personal pride should have seen them produce a better performance than yesterday. The players are partly to blame.
Having said that Yogi seems to send them out with great big question marks over their heads with nobody seeming to know just what they should be doing.
The board appointed him, so they can take a piece of the blame too.
The fans are the innocent victims.

I ticked Manager, Players and Board. All have some culpability attached

HibsMax
03-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Didn't vote; but all five factors are at play to some extent.

It's just that 70% of the problem lies with the Manager.

Then check all 5 boxes if that's what you think. :)

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 04:34 PM
I ticked all 5.

cabbageandribs1875
03-10-2010, 04:36 PM
the first three :agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
03-10-2010, 04:40 PM
It's the board - the message board that is.
24/7 polls everytime someone sneezes serves what purpose exactly Internet polls in particular foot forum ones are not exactly MORI polls

Off topic was it Lynne & Geds anniversary yesterday - coincidence if it was - ours anaw

lyonhibs
03-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Manager top, then players second.

I'm intrigued to see that almost as many people think that the board is to blame as the players

:confused:

BEEJ
03-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Then check all 5 boxes if that's what you think. :)
I'd rather not as there is no facility to weight the different factors.

Therefore unrepresentative of my views. :wink:

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 06:29 PM
All of them apply for me, some more than others.

Luck is a big one, things are just going against us, my honest view.

The Board should have a look at themselves for the strength of there negotiation over Stokes - I didnt mind seeing him go, but how can hibs do any business if we wait to get shot of stokes till the last day of the transfer window - word to Rod, he was under a good contract - we held all the cards, how we ended up in that position I will never know.

Manager - listens to much to the fans, who they want to see and play etc etc, Bamba and Wotherspoon should probably take sometime of the bench.

Fans - lets be honest we are poor. The loudest are stadium is, is when we are booing!

HibsMax
03-10-2010, 06:45 PM
24/7 polls everytime someone sneezes serves what purpose exactly Internet polls in particular foot forum ones are not exactly MORI polls

Off topic was it Lynne & Geds anniversary yesterday - coincidence if it was - ours anaw
Good to see you read my very first sentence. ;)

There have been so many posts recently blaming everyone. What better way to find out how the fans feel than a poll which completely excludes the unnecessary and sometimes inflammatory commentary? And this poll is a little different as I am not asking people to pick one person to blame - since in all likelihood it's really a combination of factors. Polls aren't for everyone and they are not mandatory. Please take the results with a pinch of salt. ;)

I am hopeless with dates, I barely remember my own anniversary. lol.

Happy Anniversary to you!

HibsMax
03-10-2010, 06:46 PM
I'd rather not as there is no facility to weight the different factors.

Therefore unrepresentative of my views. :wink:

I hear you and I agree. A weighting option would be nice but in the absence of such complex technology we have to go with what we have. :)

broonie27
03-10-2010, 08:55 PM

Do you mean Lynne and Ged Reilly from Dalkeith? If so how do you know them mate? I used to work with Ged. They were both at my wedding.

I take it that if you are asking this question to HibsMax then he must be the brother-in-law that Ged is always going to stay with in Boston (MA that is :wink:) .

HibsMax
03-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Do you mean Lynne and Ged Reilly from Dalkeith? If so how do you know them mate? I used to work with Ged. They were both at my wedding.

I take it that if you are asking this question to HibsMax then he must be the brother-in-law that Ged is always going to stay with in Boston (MA that is :wink:) .

*cough* Newtongrange *cough*

I am one in the same.

broonie27
03-10-2010, 09:03 PM
*cough* Newtongrange *cough*

I am one in the same.

Nitin, my apologies :wink:

Say Hi to him next time he's over-staying his welcome at your place.

BTW, i voted for the manager and the fans as I think we are ALWAYS too quick to abuse our team when things aren't going well. But hey, that's easy for me to say in NZ I suppose.

(((Fergus)))
03-10-2010, 09:21 PM
Manager top, then players second.

I'm intrigued to see that almost as many people think that the board is to blame as the players

:confused:

Because the board keep cutting corners when it comes to the most important part of the playing side. Although the player budget available will also limit the quality of manager who would apply, even if his own personal salary was right.