PDA

View Full Version : Media Latest from BBC (Sport): 'I'm the man for Hibs' - Hughes

RSS Bot
03-10-2010, 10:40 AM
Manager John Hughes is concerned by Hibernian's poor form but insists he has no fears over his job security.

More... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9055667.stm)

Mikey
03-10-2010, 11:20 AM
I thought this was worth moving out of the News forum..........

Saorsa
03-10-2010, 11:24 AM
I thought this was worth moving out of the News forum..........I wouldnae think it'll be worth two minutes of my life reading it, just be the usual wind and pish :blah:

"I'm the man for the Hibs" :hilarious

Looks like the board will need tae grow a pair and sack him then because he's on another ****in' planet if he thinks he the man for the job

Niffy
03-10-2010, 11:46 AM
That's just the "highlights" from last nights interview...

steakbake
03-10-2010, 12:33 PM
He's clearly in no mood to resign, is what i read into it. The board will have to dust off the cheque book, methinks... if indeed they think they should be getting rid.

Lmc2105
03-10-2010, 12:34 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9055667.stm

sorry if already this being posted .. just up on the BBC website for those who want to read this weeks excuses

another note is it not the AGM tomorrow?:confused:

The_Todd
03-10-2010, 12:35 PM
I admire his determination and perseverance.

Sadly, this is all I admire about him at the moment.

Lmc2105
03-10-2010, 12:40 PM
can't believe i never seen this post on the main board what a t!t lol:grr::wink:

anyways back to the main point in hand ... surley this is just another out cry to save his job. what the press don't understand is they are saying the players were booed of the park etc .. if you were at the game yesterday you will no as much as i do all the fustration was directed to the manager and was done for the last 15 minutes or so it all Started in his failure to make a sub

BEEJ
03-10-2010, 12:42 PM
He knows that as soon as he admits publicly that he's struggling he undermines his chances of getting a payoff to leave.

That is all this is about now. It's bluster.

There is no evidence that he has a plan or that we are witnessing any progress on the field of play. We are probably performing worse now than we were under Mixu. 15 months in the job, 17 of his recruited players at his disposal out of a total of 27 currently in the squad and we're going backwards fast.

At least he's dropped the 'bad luck' mantra this week.

hibiedude
03-10-2010, 01:27 PM
there is good news... because he know's what needs to be done... sadly so does that fan's Yogi :taxi

Hibees07
03-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Seeing as he continually states that he 'knows what needs to done' he is making pretty heavy weather of getting it 'done'.

Clearly he has no idea what really needs done and no idea of how to put it right.

Bookkeeper
03-10-2010, 01:35 PM
He might know what needs to be done, but he obviously doesn't know how to go about it.

It's the same for his football philosophy and how he wants his team to play. I would love us to be knocking the ball about like arsenal (theres another to add to the growing list) but he doesn't seem to have the ability to put the philosophy into practice.

Or more likely, we don't have the players to foist that philosophy onto. So where's the Plan B. Another reason why I now think its time for a change.