PDA

View Full Version : Put up or shut up (Backing Yogi?)

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
03-10-2010, 09:08 AM
OK, as we all know we are in something of an on-field crisis at the moment, but in amongst the obvious heated (sometimes knee-jerk) reactions, there is a very serious decision to be made by fans - to back the manager or not.

Now i am instinctively against sacking managers (i even defended Williamson an many an occasion, and i still think in hindsight the job he did in keeping us treading water at a time of huge cuts was an important, if uninspiring and dull, one).

But while we all want Yogi to succeed, lets face it he is nnow living on borrowed-time and almost certainly past the point of no return, so it is difficult to back him.

However in making the decision to hound out a fellow-Hibee and former club captain, i would like to be in posession of all of the facts.

So could all those in-the-know posters who keep posting innunedo-laden posts that hint at their self-importance please stop treating the rest of us as dumb-sheep to be led by their omnipotent selves, and state what they know?

If there are 'big problems' behind the scenes, i want to know about them, so that i can make an informed decision about the future of the club.

Aldo
03-10-2010, 09:23 AM
OK, as we all know we are in something of an on-field crisis at the moment, but in amongst the obvious heated (sometimes knee-jerk) reactions, there is a very serious decision to be made by fans - to back the manager or not.

Now i am instinctively against sacking managers (i even defended Williamson an many an occasion, and i still think in hindsight the job he did in keeping us treading water at a time of huge cuts was an important, if uninspiring and dull, one).

But while we all want Yogi to succeed, lets face it he is nnow living on borrowed-time and almost certainly past the point of no return, so it is difficult to back him.

However in making the decision to hound out a fellow-Hibee and former club captain, i would like to be in posession of all of the facts.So could all those in-the-know posters who keep posting innunedo-laden posts that hint at their self-importance please stop treating the rest of us as dumb-sheep to be led by their omnipotent selves, and state what they know?

If there are 'big problems' behind the scenes, i want to know about them, so that i can make an informed decision about the future of the club.

I want him out cos he is a ***** manager and the proof of that is in his results. ENDOF.

He knows and should know (like you say being an ex captain/player and is a fan) of what is expected. If he loves the club that much he should open his eyes and see what he has done and how he has taken the club backwards and then resign.

Sas_The_Hibby
03-10-2010, 10:32 AM
I want him out cos he is a ***** manager and the proof of that is in his results. ENDOF.

He knows and should know (like you say being an ex captain/player and is a fan) of what is expected. If he loves the club that much he should open his eyes and see what he has done and how he has taken the club backwards and then resign.

:agree:

The fact he's a fan / ex-player etc. is totally irrelevant in this situation. That goes for his replacement too - there's no need to rule a candidate in or rule them out, based on who they played for / who they support.

Littlest Hobo
03-10-2010, 10:50 AM
Things are pretty ***** at the moment but remember Yogi got us a fourth placed finish last season and a spot in Europe.

I'm just as unhappy as the next fan but I still think some of his players need time to settle in.

Do I think Yogi will still be their manager when they finally do? No I don't.

Just remember that the new manager will still have all the same players.:boo hoo:

HibsMax
03-10-2010, 03:49 PM

While not totally disagreeing with you, following that logic we should also get rid of the players. I'm not a football person but I find it REALLY hard to believe that all the blame lies with Yogi. I'm not saying he is blameless but the players have to be accountable too. If the players get credit for wins then they definitely have to take the blame for losses, too.

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 03:55 PM
While not totally disagreeing with you, following that logic we should also get rid of the players. I'm not a football person but I find it REALLY hard to believe that all the blame lies with Yogi. I'm not saying he is blameless but the players have to be accountable too. If the players get credit for wins then they definitely have to take the blame for losses, too.

:top marks

erin go hibee
03-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Hi, im new to posting on .net but have been following for years.
I was just wondering if there is anyone out there that still supports Yogi and thinks he is the right man for the job and i urge you to come on and tell us all why because in my humble opinion the man has not a clue and is not fit to manage Hibernian FC :grr:

PISTOL1875
03-10-2010, 04:04 PM
I was just wondering if there is anyone out there that still supports Yogi and thinks he is the right man for the job and i urge you to come on and tell us all why because in my humble opinion the man has not a clue and is not fit to manage Hibernian FC :grr:

Anybody who does should be commited....

down-the-slope
03-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Maybe I do need committed :rolleyes: But I can still see positives in aspects of our play and in his ability to spot and bring in better players (within budget we have) I also beleive the style of play he is trying to instill is laudable...however the seeming inability / un-willingness to make changes when plan A is not working is where my support departs...this stubborn streak / lack of preparation may be his downfall.

I do think the way results have worked out over the past year have not helped. Having been said over and over its a long term plan to make the radical changes needed after Mixu / Collins (boards budget?) had left an inadequate squad, we actually out performed all our expectations the first half of last season. While we were often stuttering and lacking real style of play we got result after result...raising expectations beyond the long term plan we had been told would be needed. If we were having a mixed bag of results rather than great run followed by huge dip then the patience of fans would be greater. What if we were to have our purple patch after Christmas this season? will we wait long enough to see?

carnoustiehibee
03-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Things are pretty ***** at the moment but remember Yogi got us a fourth placed finish last season and a spot in Europe.

I'm just as unhappy as the next fan but I still think some of his players need time to settle in.

Just remember that the new manager will still have all the same players.:boo hoo:

you obviously dont go to the games.

eastmainsmsh
03-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Any manager with form and stats like yogis would be clearing their desks ... as much as i want yogi to to well ... this cant go on the players are a shambles remember this time last year we were flying how can you go from a good team to a bad team :confused:we have players like bamba ,riordan, miller , his signings have been reasonable imo.... just isnt happening imo....on the back of last seasons dismal run he has tried to change things formations etc and his system aint working as this years results are rubbish .... if there are problems behind the scenes then i reckon its bamba spitting the dummy as he wants away ..... if a new gaffer comes in and 2 years down the line isnt ant better :rolleyes: then what

cmon lets get behind the team :agree: and support Yogi

lyonhibs
03-10-2010, 05:25 PM

However in making the decision to hound out a fellow-Hibee and former club captain, i would like to be in posession of all of the facts.

So could all those in-the-know posters who keep posting innunedo-laden posts that hint at their self-importance please stop treating the rest of us as dumb-sheep to be led by their omnipotent selves, and state what they know?

Well, there's this:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/table/default.stm

Or our appalling form that has lasted since February.

What other facts (that actually matter) could you possibly need??

I couldn't care if Yogi is the players' best mate or their worst enemy, the fact is he is not good enough to manage Hibernian FC, irrespective (sadly, as he was one of my idols growing up) of his previous career/"Hibby-ness"

Giant_Midget
03-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Is it all Yogi's fault, I blame the players just as much - if not more? They are the ones going out and pulling on the jersey...not to mention collecting their nice wages.

We all know football is a fickle game, a few wins and this will be forgotten...until the next bad run.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-10-2010, 05:45 PM
If yesterday's offering had been a pre-season game, it would have been worrying. That it was a league game is just unacceptable. As our manager lurches from one cliche to the next, I don't know how many more performances like that we can take. If it runs until the festive period with no improvement then the choice is this manager and a new set of players, or a new manager and this set of players. I am not a football person but near thirty years of going to watch Hibs gives me the right to an opinion and I just will not accept that second bottom of the SPL is all that this group of players can achieve.

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 05:47 PM

Probably the key factor - we are chasing out a manager that got us fourth in the league - total joke, what are we looking for, someone to get us third, second, first? Have a word.

I do.

Reasons why;

1) We finished 4th in the league last year
2) We are only 7 games into the season
3) We are missing key players (Murray, Duffy, Zuma)
4) OUR BOARD sold our best striker on the last day of the transfer window
5) From what I can see we were given limited/no money to re-invest
6) Our replacement striker went to the treatment room before he saw the changing room
7) He took us on a 13 game unbeaten run at the start of last year - didnt hear complaints then
8) Any new manager would have the same problem – and our Hibs booing process would start all over again
9) If things had fallen for us against Hamilton / ICT ie scored penalty, De Graff missed goals our position would be very different
10) Because every manager we hound out the door goes on to achieve success - we do not show enough loyalty or support.

Just my view. I will never chase a manager out the door, I have every faith that our board will act in the interest of the fans, until they do, Yogi is our manager, he has had reasonable success last season and I have no reason to think things will be any different this year.

If only we made this much noise in support of our team rather than the booing and constant battering.

I may be fighting a lost battle here but happy to take that on the chin.

lEXO
03-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Is it all Yogi's fault, I blame the players just as much - if not more? They are the ones going out and pulling on the jersey...not to mention collecting their nice wages.

We all know football is a fickle game, a few wins and this will be forgotten...until the next bad run.

I agree in part, the players should shoulder some of the blame.But the manager picks the tactics as well as the team to play.Our team is lacking in pace, width and any cohesion.He has no clue how to change it when things arent working(which is all the time now) and our midfield is full of players who play the same way.
It is yogi,s team now, and him and his coaching staff have built a team that makes me and a lot of Hibs fans despair.Watching that game at Perth yesterday was horrible, and looking at our bench and realising that i could,nt think of any player who could come on and lift us brought it home.He must go because this is his squad and like him they are not good enough.

carnoustiehibee
03-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Probably the key factor - we are chasing out a manager that got us fourth in the league - total joke, what are we looking for, someone to get us third, second, first? Have a word.

I do.

Reasons why;

6) Our replacement striker went to the treatment room before he saw the changing room
7) He took us on a 13 game unbeaten run at the start of last year - didnt hear complaints then
8) Any new manager would have the same problem – and our Hibs booing process would start all over again
9) If things had fallen for us against Hamilton / ICT ie scored penalty, De Graff missed goals our position would be very different
10) Because every manager we hound out the door goes on to achieve success - we do not show enough loyalty or support.

Just my view. I will never chase a manager out the door, I have every faith that our board will act in the interest of the fans, until they do, Yogi is our manager, he has had reasonable success last season and I have no reason to think things will be any different this year.

If only we made this much noise in support of our team rather than the booing and constant battering.

your probably related to the girl who was giving the guy abuse near the end of the game on sat.

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 06:03 PM
your probably related to the girl who was giving the guy abuse near the end of the game on sat.

Just happy I am in no way related to you.

But thanks for your well thought through comments.

woody47
03-10-2010, 06:07 PM

What? You mean a run that has been going on since the beginning of the year? Whilst i agree that the players must shoulder part of the blame, it is the tactics or lack of that are part of the problem. Along with not knowing who he wants to play, or plays them out of position. He is too pig headed to admit we are getting nowhere.
As for his comments EVERY week after we have been beaten again, they are just nothing short of cringeworthy. Same old dross "my boys done this and my boys done that". NO THEY FERKING DIDN'T.
We got beaten again Yogi.
Please just do the decent thing for the team you shout about supporting and go pick up your P45.

Alfred E Newman
03-10-2010, 06:07 PM

Your cover is blown, get ready to clear your desk Yogi. :bye:

erskine-hibby
03-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Me thinks Yogi should put up or shut up:agree:

carnoustiehibee
03-10-2010, 07:00 PM
1) We finished 4th in the league last year-only cause utd played a second string in the last game of season
2) We are only 7 games into the season-this poor form started in at start of year
3) We are missing key players (Murray, Duffy, Zuma)-rubbish
4) OUR BOARD sold our best striker on the last day of the transfer windowstokes pushed for the move to celtic
7) He took us on a 13 game unbeaten run at the start of last year - didnt hear complaints thenhow many did we win tho
10) Because every manager we hound out the door goes on to achieve success - we do not show enough loyalty or supportmowbray,collins,mixu.rubbish

your missing the point tho. when do the full-backs over lap? when is there any 3rd man running? does yogi change formation during the game? the players dont look happy or look as if ther enjoying playing football under yogi

1875 NO 1
03-10-2010, 07:19 PM

I do.

Reasons why;

were you at perth? I'd be intersted to hear your views on Yogi's tactics, no subs, 1 shot on target. And making no attempt to win game.

vahibbie
03-10-2010, 07:37 PM
I do.

Reasons why;

1) We finished 4th in the league last year We were lucky
2) We are only 7 games into the season Let's wait until it's 27 and too late
3) We are missing key players (Murray, Duffy, Zuma) P!sh. Murray mibbe, Duffy, a key player already:confused:
4) OUR BOARD sold our best striker on the last day of the transfer window Stokes wanted it.
5) From what I can see we were given limited/no money to re-invest Might be right, but Yogi's had a few Bob over his time.
6) Our replacement striker went to the treatment room before he saw the changing room So
7) He took us on a 13 game unbeaten run at the start of last year - didnt hear complaints then A lot of games we scraped through and yes, people did notice we weren't that good.
8) Any new manager would have the same problem – and our Hibs booing process would start all over again Why would he:confused:
9) If things had fallen for us against Hamilton / ICT ie scored penalty, De Graff missed goals our position would be very different But they didnnae, and nothing Hughes did made a difference.
10) Because every manager we hound out the door goes on to achieve success - we do not show enough loyalty or support. HAHAHA...what ones
[/FONT] [/FONT]

Nonsense

PISTOL1875
03-10-2010, 07:42 PM

I do.

Reasons why;

2. 7 games into the season.. DO NOT forget that we have been gash since Xmas last season....

7. 13 games unbeaten run yeh but in those games the warning signs were there for us all to see.. It was just a matter of time before all the luck and breaks we were getting ran out...

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 07:43 PM
1) We finished 4th in the league last year-only cause utd played a second string in the last game of season
2) We are only 7 games into the season-this poor form started in at start of year
3) We are missing key players (Murray, Duffy, Zuma)-rubbish
4) OUR BOARD sold our best striker on the last day of the transfer windowstokes pushed for the move to celtic
7) He took us on a 13 game unbeaten run at the start of last year - didnt hear complaints thenhow many did we win tho
10) Because every manager we hound out the door goes on to achieve success - we do not show enough loyalty or supportmowbray,collins,mixu.rubbish

your missing the point tho. when do the full-backs over lap? when is there any 3rd man running? does yogi change formation during the game? the players dont look happy or look as if ther enjoying playing football under yogi

Quite appt that you use the word rubbish so much - because that is exactly what you spout. Just rubbish mate, leave it and go back to your team and manager bashing, I think we are very different types of fans.

vahibbie
03-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Quite appt that you use the word rubbish so much - because that is exactly what you spout. Just rubbish mate, leave it and go back to your team and manager bashing, I think we are very different types of fans.

He only used "rubbish" twice. Quite frankly I think your post deseverd a lot more.

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 07:45 PM
were you at perth? I'd be intersted to hear your views on Yogi's tactics, no subs, 1 shot on target. And making no attempt to win game.

Yes I was but I am not hear to second guess yogis tactics.

I would ask you one question who would you have brought on to change the game?

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 07:48 PM
He only used "rubbish" twice. Quite frankly I think your post deseverd a lot more.

Funnily enough in relation to our current players, one of which is vice captain of our club, and once in relation to two former players one of which won us a trophy the other qualified us for europe and set us on our way to that cup.

If you think that is acceptable, then as I say, that is maybe the type of fan that you are.

erin go bragh
03-10-2010, 07:55 PM

I do.

Reasons why;

i hear what your saying and agree but why when we didnt look like scoring yesterday did he not change it[not 1 sub was used] its not like we were all over them or just unlucky . why not freshen things up like what they done:grr:

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 07:59 PM
2. 7 games into the season.. DO NOT forget that we have been gash since Xmas last season....

7. 13 games unbeaten run yeh but in those games the warning signs were there for us all to see.. It was just a matter of time before all the luck and breaks we were getting ran out...

2 - People have there own views on this run, my personal view is last seasons results are in last season, we played badly from around Feb and still finished 4th. My Jambo mates love that however many game stat.

7 - Yeah dont really know what to say to that....warning signs were there, not even happy when you are winning?

Funny though the two points that you have picked out above;

- Number 2 you are emphasising what I call the jambo stat to basically emphasise the situation, paint a specific type of picture, I will let you conclude what type of picture it is you are painting.

- Number 7 you are criticising our performances when we were WINNING! That it was not good, all on the verge of bad, you know exactly what was coming.

Just interesting that those are the two points that as a Hibs fan you look at, even more interesting that as a Hibs fan thats your view on each of those two situations.

Not a slate of you, just interesting for me.

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 08:05 PM
i hear what your saying and agree but why when we didnt look like scoring yesterday did he not change it[not 1 sub was used] its not like we were all over them or just unlucky . why not freshen things up like what they done:grr:

We are missing players, I think getting them back will make a difference, and beyond that we are looking for players to potentially play out of position until we can look at something in the Jan window.

With regards to yesterday, who was there to bring on to change it?

carnoustiehibee
03-10-2010, 08:05 PM
2 - People have there own views on this run, my personal view is last seasons results are in last season, we played badly from around Feb and still finished 4th. My Jambo mates love that however many game stat.

7 - Yeah dont really know what to say to that....warning signs were there, not even happy when you are winning?

- Number 2 you are emphasising what I call the jambo stat to basically emphasise the situation, paint a specific type of picture, I will let you conclude what type of picture it is you are painting.

- Number 7 you are criticising our performances when we were WINNING! That it was not good, all on the verge of bad, you know exactly what was coming.

Just interesting that those are the two points that as a Hibs fan you look at, even more interesting that as a Hibs fan thats your view on each of those two situations.

you've lost the plot. obviously dont go to any games or know anything about football.

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 08:13 PM
you've lost the plot. obviously dont go to any games or know anything about football.

Do you have some form of issue? You seem to be obsessed with going to the games - if you do attend, and I will assume you do, then you will realise that there are other people sitting beside you?

As for debates about what either of us know about football lets just leave that.

I do believe that I previously said as fans you and I have very little in common, to that end have a good one.

sambajustice
03-10-2010, 08:14 PM
We're absolutely sh*te!!

Yogi has to go, thats it! We're on the road to Division 1!

We finished 4th last year inspite of Hughes, not because of him!

He's just hopeless and he has to go!

Its laughable that anyone can still back him. Anyone that comes on here and says they still support hughes has to be a Yam bam! We're one of the top 5 clubs in the whole country, we shouldnt be in this state.

Its not luck, these people who keep going on about "if only this or that had fallen for us against hamilton/inverness we would have beaten them".. GTF, we should be making enough chances to win these games, shouldnt be waiting on slice of luck to get the breaks!

Its pish, we're pish, hughes is pish and the first division next year is going to be pish unless we get shot of hughes pronto!!!

PISTOL1875
03-10-2010, 08:18 PM

2. Last season's results ARE last season yeh but the problem is that the same results are now happening again THIS season..

7. I am stating that we were lucky to get most of those results..Any fan that attended these games will say that.. Most of them came by getting the rub of the green like the late goals etc.. The question I was asking was what was Hughes gonna do when the luck ran out.. It was inevitable it would eventually..

vahibbie
03-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Funnily enough in relation to our current players, one of which is vice captain of our club, and once in relation to two former players one of which won us a trophy the other qualified us for europe and set us on our way to that cup.

If you think that is acceptable, then as I say, that is maybe the type of fan that you are.

Just change the conext of his post to suit your arguement...it's much easier that way:bitchy:

Murray - been suspended, injured and defo not been up to par when he has been involved.
Duffy - hardly counts as a key player.
Zouma - many regard him as an impact sub anyway, not exactly known for rolling his sleeves up and getting stuck in.
You really think these 3 would solve our problems:confused:

TM, JC and Mixu - which one has gone onto a glittering managerial career:confused: Of course Mixu might yet take Killie all the way

carnoustiehibee
03-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Do you have some form of issue? You seem to be obsessed with going to the games - if you do attend, and I will assume you do, then you will realise that there are other people sitting beside you?

As for debates about what either of us know about football lets just leave that.

I do believe that I previously said as fans you and I have very little in common, to that end have a good one.

from carnoustie every week,eye either that or stupidity

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 08:28 PM
Just change the conext of his post to suit your arguement...it's much easier that way:bitchy:

Murray - been suspended, injured and defo not been up to par when he has been involved.
Duffy - hardly counts as a key player.
Zouma - many regard him as an impact sub anyway, not exactly known for rolling his sleeves up and getting stuck in.
You really think these 3 would solve our problems:confused:

TM, JC and Mixu - which one has gone onto a glittering managerial career:confused: Of course Mixu might yet take Killie all the way

Murray was one of our most consistant players over the course of last season, he was suspended at the begining of this season based on stupid SPL rule, and I dont remember him missing anymore than one game last year - alas on that front we can disagree.

Duffy has a reasonable SPL track record and lets be honest, gives us an option up front. Sorry you dont see it that way.

Zuma is, and get ready for this, agreed an impact player like a Wotherspoon and Galbraith, not a 90 min player, but to be honest I would settle for an impact when we are 70 mins in and drawing a game - wouldnt you? I dont think we need anyone else in the midfield to role up there sleves, we need someone to go forward, service the strikers get us a sodding goal and win us a game!

I did not say any manager went on to do anything that made them a management superstar. I asked that the other clown show a bit of respect to both former players and managers that helped us to win a trophy and respresented our club on the field - surely that is not unreasonable - they must be safe from the Hibs net hammering.

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 08:30 PM
from carnoustie every week,eye either that or stupidity

Well done, perhaps you should take a bow?!

JohnScott
03-10-2010, 08:37 PM

No offence but by your logic it wouldn't matter who the manager is!? So if any business goes bust it's down to the employees not the management? Aye right! Craig Brown's working with the great majority of playing staff he inherited at Motherwell, you know, that wee diddy team at the other end of the table!

silverhibee
03-10-2010, 08:44 PM
We are missing players, I think getting them back will make a difference, and beyond that we are looking for players to potentially play out of position until we can look at something in the Jan window.

Trakys for Nish, or does the manager have no faith in him, after all it was the manager who signed him.
De Graff for Miller, just because Miller was having a mare on Saturday and has been since the start of the season.
The manager should have started with the same team he put out against celtc last week, but no he had to bring back in Nish and Bamba in to the team, the two of them should have been on the bench for Saturdays game.

Jonnyboy
03-10-2010, 08:50 PM
Trakys for Nish, or does the manager have no faith in him, after all it was the manager who signed him.
De Graff for Miller, just because Miller was having a mare on Saturday and has been since the start of the season.
The manager should have started with the same team he put out against celtc last week, but no he had to bring back in Nish and Bamba in to the team, the two of them should have been on the bench for Saturdays game.

Add Hanlon for Grounds to that. Hanlon is much more mobile and a threat going forward

Baldy Foghorn
03-10-2010, 08:51 PM

:agree::agree:

Or bring on either Stephen or Hanlon and push Bamba into midfield......

A good manager picks his 11, with a strong enough bench to assist if things need changed, how come McInnes managed to make subs and turn a turgid draw into 3 points:confused:

JohnScott
03-10-2010, 08:51 PM

Your never being serious? :confused:

Keith_M
03-10-2010, 09:29 PM
I've got a feeling AlbionHibs is at the wind-up. He quotes a lot of statistics but leaves out the fact that we're on a run of 4 wins in 27 games, with absolutely no sign of this getting better anytime soon.

One thing I would agree on with other posters is that the players also have to take their share of the blame. However, Yogi has had 3 transfer windows to bring in his own players, and he certainly has signed quite a few.

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 09:38 PM

Agreed that bamba should not have been let in.

But dont agree with Trakys shout, he has not kicked a ball yet for fitness etc reasons, dont understand why we always drop current players for the - oh yeah maybe option. Re De Graff he has been getting panned on here for weeks, drop him, get shot of him he is out of the team and then people say he should be included. No win.

silverhibee
03-10-2010, 09:50 PM
I've got a feeling AlbionHibs is at the wind-up. He quotes a lot of statistics but leaves out the fact that we're on a run of 4 wins in 27 games, with absolutely no sign of this getting better anytime soon.

One thing I would agree on with other posters is that the players also have to take their share of the blame. However, Yogi has had 3 transfer windows to bring in his own players, and he certainly has signed quite a few.

I think he is yogi.:greengrin

If so :taxi

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Your never being serious? :confused:

Love stats, come on, 7 or so words after you then real off the hibs net / the hibs beater stat.

Do your bes not to look too stupid.

silverhibee
03-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Agreed that bamba should not have been let in.

But dont agree with Trakys shout, he has not kicked a ball yet for fitness etc reasons, dont understand why we always drop current players for the - oh yeah maybe option. Re De Graff he has been getting panned on here for weeks, drop him, get shot of him he is out of the team and then people say he should be included. No win.

Trakys may not be match fit, but if you are telling me he cant put a shift in forthe last 20 minutes as a sub coming on then more questions must be asked why the manager signed him in the first place, you only get match fitness with playing games.

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Trakys may not be match fit, but if you are telling me he cant put a shift in forthe last 20 minutes as a sub coming on then more questions must be asked why the manager signed him in the first place, you only get match fitness with playing games.

Maybe he cant - do you know otherwise?

Maybe Yogi signed him because our board sold stokes the day before the transfer deadline - is that Yogi's fault as well?

carnoustiehibee
03-10-2010, 10:23 PM

Maybe Yogi signed him because our board sold stokes the day before the transfer deadline - is that Yogi's fault as well?

what. maybe he cant put in a shift for 20mins?? if not then he shouldnt be a pro footballer.

i think tho that your on the total windup.

silverhibee
03-10-2010, 10:26 PM

It was well known weeks before that Stokes was on his way to celtc, yogi had time to get a better player in when he new AS wanted away from Hibs.

Jonnyboy
03-10-2010, 10:29 PM
P&ss Off. You are boring me.

Why? Is it because you don't like his answer? Made perfect sense to me. When a manager selects his squad he picks subs that he thinks can change a game if brought on.

lEXO
03-10-2010, 10:30 PM

Why was he on the bench then?St Johnstone made three subs and two of them scored and won the game.Mcinnes said that Craig was,nt fit enough for 90 minutes but could give him a good last 20 or so.Maybe our manager should be thinking like that when we need goals.

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 10:30 PM
It was well known weeks before that Stokes was on his way to celtc, yogi had time to get a better player in when he new AS wanted away from Hibs.

whilst it may have been done no deal was in place - that is the responsibility of the board, like it or not they made a mess of that. We danced to the tune of celtic for a player we had on a long contract.

He was as you say always going, they have probably been smart, got a new player and weakend us, leaving no time to get a replacement.

You can line up as many players as you want, why would they sit and wait for hibs, if it was my job, I would be going for those who put an offer on the table, not those who said we may take you, but only if.....

The board for me are accountable for as much of the start of the season as Yogi is.

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 10:32 PM
Why? Is it because you don't like his answer? Made perfect sense to me. When a manager selects his squad he picks subs that he thinks can change a game if brought on.

I was at the game were you?

My view would be that we had no hold on the game in the middle of the pitch, alas what good is bringing another stiker on going to do?

lEXO
03-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Ran out of answers i see.:yawn:

Jonnyboy
03-10-2010, 10:34 PM
I was at the game were you?

My view would be that we had no hold on the game in the middle of the pitch, alas what good is bringing another stiker on going to do?

There you go again, being insulting to someone who disagrees with your views.

Games can only be won by scoring goals. We were struggling to score so another striker might have swung it but Hughes decided not to introduce one. Loads of folk both within and outwith the game were totally mystified as to why no subs were introduced but it seems you weren't

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 10:45 PM
There you go again, being insulting to someone who disagrees with your views.

Games can only be won by scoring goals. We were struggling to score so another striker might have swung it but Hughes decided not to introduce one. Loads of folk both within and outwith the game were totally mystified as to why no subs were introduced but it seems you weren't

Where was the insult in there?

There was a few questions, do you class those as insults?

We disagree with one another, I assume thats allowed, I stated my reason for disagreeing, again I take it thats allowed?

IT IS OKAY TO HAVE AN OPINION WHICH IS NOT ANTI-HIBS,MANAGER, PLAYERS ISN'T IT???

For anyone on here to think they know more about our team than the manager and the players in it, is quite frankly ridiculous.

Jonnyboy
03-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Where was the insult in there?

There was a few questions, do you class those as insults?

We disagree with one another, I assume thats allowed, I stated my reason for disagreeing, again I take it thats allowed?

IT IS OKAY TO HAVE AN OPINION WHICH IS NOT ANTI-HIBS,MANAGER, PLAYERS ISN'T IT???

For anyone on here to think they know more about our team than the manager and the players in it, is quite frankly ridiculous.

Asking if I was at the game was an insult to me as telling another .netter to piss off was insulting in the extreme.

You're perfectly entitled to your views and opinions but it doesn't make you right, any more than my opinions make me right.

Let me ask you something. On the evidence of this season's performances and results do you honestly think Hughes is the man for the job?

FitbaFolkKen
04-10-2010, 12:54 AM
No changes at St J, it seems crazy. Surely some fresh legs could have provided a bit more impetus and given the team a lift. Regardless of what positions were changed, we had 7 professional footballers on the bench to suggest that none of them could have improved what was on offer at Perth would appear lunacy.

You would have thought he might've taken a hint from Mcinnes after the impact his subs had......

Really, really not enjoying Hibs atm :(

Steve-O
04-10-2010, 06:43 AM

I do.

Reasons why;

Name one :confused:

IWasThere2016
04-10-2010, 07:02 AM
Albion just has to be Yogi or a relative? Preston at the capers? Rice?

Gatecrasher
04-10-2010, 07:04 AM

I do.

Reasons why;

1) We finished 4th in the league last year Fair doos's but it was hardly as comfortable as it should have been
2) We are only 7 games into the season i have not seen any improvement since last season (may even be worse)
3) We are missing key players (Murray, Duffy, Zuma) (hardly key players)
4) OUR BOARD sold our best striker on the last day of the transfer window It was made very clear to te support that Yogi had the final say in this
5) From what I can see we were given limited/no money to re-invest Yogi has brought in some good players who are probably on good wages
6) Our replacement striker went to the treatment room before he saw the changing room Yogi sold our top goalscorer to leave us short up front
7) He took us on a 13 game unbeaten run at the start of last year - didnt hear complaints then Is it 4 wins in 27 now? the tide has dramaticly turned
8) Any new manager would have the same problem – and our Hibs booing process would start all over again Any manager who can provide us with a decent team who play for the shirt would get treated fairly, yogi has had plenty of time to achieve this
9) If things had fallen for us against Hamilton / ICT ie scored penalty, De Graff missed goals our position would be very different you could go through history and say but if, what if, the fact is things didnt go our way - again
10) Because every manager we hound out the door goes on to achieve success - we do not show enough loyalty or support. Who are you referring to?

Just my view. I will never chase a manager out the door, I have every faith that our board will act in the interest of the fans, until they do, Yogi is our manager, he has had reasonable success last season and I have no reason to think things will be any different this year. Fair enough but i and most people are seeing a rapid decline at our club

If only we made this much noise in support of our team rather than the booing and constant battering. I agree

I may be fighting a lost battle here but happy to take that on the chin. Fair Play, your entitled to your opinion

see above

basehibby
04-10-2010, 08:33 AM
I've been standing by Yogi pretty resolutely up to now but I'm finding it increasingly dificult to justify doing so.

What we needed on saturday was a real good and spirited performance - I wasn't at the game but all reports are indicating a pretty dull and toothless display in a game where St J's were worthy winners. That would be bad enough in isolation but it's clearly forming something of a pattern, similar to that we saw towards the end of last season. The lack of any subs is possibly a sign that Hughes himself is exasperated - but in retrospect it doubles as a tactical error given that St J's subs supplied the winning goals.

As things stand Hughes' job must be hanging by a thread and I'll be fairly surprised if he's still in charge for the home game vs Killie - if he is then nothing less than a win can possibly save him.