PDA

View Full Version : Interesting AGM on Monday!

Seanair
03-10-2010, 08:06 AM
While Petrie and the other Directors will want to talk about the new stand, another profitable year, low debts etc, the shadow of Hughes' future will hang over proceedings.
It is usual for the Manager to take part in the AGM and answer some questions from the shareholders, but in the present situation I wonder if that will be allowed by the Board since it can only lead to abuse towards Hughes about what's happened this season already, and detract from the the things the Board want to talk about.
But if Hughes is there and there is no chance to question him, the abuse will be turned on the Directors---which they won't like.

Glad I've got a few shares, this AGM should be a cracker!

PS All these predictions null and void if the Board parade a new manager on Monday....

1875 NO 1
03-10-2010, 09:23 AM
While Petrie and the other Directors will want to talk about the new stand, another profitable year, low debts etc, the shadow of Hughes' future will hang over proceedings.
It is usual for the Manager to take part in the AGM and answer some questions from the shareholders, but in the present situation I wonder if that will be allowed by the Board since it can only lead to abuse towards Hughes about what's happened this season already, and detract from the the things the Board want to talk about.
But if Hughes is there and there is no chance to question him, the abuse will be turned on the Directors---which they won't like.

Glad I've got a few shares, this AGM should be a cracker!

PS All these predictions null and void if the Board parade a new manager on Monday....

Quite a few bigger hitters going from what I was told at Perth. With factual info on what is happening behind the scenes.

Could be quite a few awkward questions for Rod and Yogi

Seanair
03-10-2010, 10:32 AM
Quite a few bigger hitters going from what I was told at Perth. With factual info on what is happening behind the scenes.

Could be quite a few awkward questions for Rod and Yogi

"Bigger hitters". Any names?

Green_one
03-10-2010, 10:46 AM
I boubt they will be allowed to table questions based on rumour. These things are pretty staged managed. Hughes will fall back on the usual script. Might lose his cool though and that could get interesting. It will also be interesting to see how much Petrie covers his back. Could sit back and let him get roasted. Step one to getting rid of him?

Seanair
03-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Have now heard a rumour that Hughes will NOT be at the AGM on Monday (for obvious reasons)----visiting his sick Granny or something.

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 03:41 PM
I boubt they will be allowed to table questions based on rumour. These things are pretty staged managed. Hughes will fall back on the usual script. Might lose his cool though and that could get interesting. It will also be interesting to see how much Petrie covers his back. Could sit back and let him get roasted. Step one to getting rid of him?

:agree: A waste of time imho, they never tell you anything and dodge any questions with the party line. Its no different at any club to be fair.

Baldy Foghorn
03-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Have now heard a rumour that Hughes will NOT be at the AGM on Monday (for obvious reasons)----visiting his sick Granny or something.

That thought had crossed my mind too, if Yogi was to attend it might get a bit confrontational and personal, which would be the last thing the Board would want to happen at the AGM

--------
03-10-2010, 03:48 PM

Oh, really? :rolleyes:

silverhibee
03-10-2010, 03:51 PM

The only way the manager wont be there tomorrow is if he gets sacked before it.
Big man yogi will want to show everyone he is up for the job in his most aggressive manner.

Removed
03-10-2010, 03:52 PM
That thought had crossed my mind too, if Yogi was to attend it might get a bit confrontational and personal, which would be the last thing the Board would want to happen at the AGM

Aye, especially if he turns up wearing his glasses :wink:

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Big man yogi will want to show everyone he is up for the job in his most aggressive manner.

To be fair, i wish some of our players would show as much determination as he has.

marinello59
03-10-2010, 03:53 PM

I don't know if anybody else has noticed but you seem to have some slightly negative feelings towards our manager.:greengrin

NYHibby
03-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Now I'm disappointed that my purchase of shares fell through. I wish I'd be able to go to the meeting.

Baldy Foghorn
03-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Aye, especially if he turns up wearing his glasses :wink:

:foot::blushie:

silverhibee
03-10-2010, 07:47 PM
To be fair, i wish some of our players would show as much determination as he has.

And yet according to our manager he cant ask for anymore from the players, something is wrong at Hibs, do the board get rid of the team or the manager, i think it will be the manager that goes, sooner the better imo.

silverhibee
03-10-2010, 08:02 PM
I don't know if anybody else has noticed but you seem to have some slightly negative feelings towards our manager.:greengrin

Have you seen me behave like this with previous managers, i didn't want him as manager in the first place, and i dont want him now, and the quicker he goes the better for H.F.C.

:taxi for Yogi.

C'mon the Hibs.

emmjayfox
03-10-2010, 08:08 PM
i wonder if the board will come oot tomorrow with a siege mentality or a promise to the shareholders that "we never done too well financially last year but were gonna give it a right good go this year".

Seanair
03-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Oh, really? :rolleyes:

Doddie---I made up that last bit.

But we could have a competition, "Guess the Excuse", and see if anyone comes up with what the Board does say.:fibber:

silverhibee
03-10-2010, 10:19 PM
I think Hibs should hire some security for the AGM, it may get ugly.:greengrin

Hibercelona
03-10-2010, 10:26 PM
I think Hibs should hire some security for the AGM, it may get ugly.:greengrin

But shoorley naebdy will mess with big hard man Yogi. :agree: