PDA

View Full Version : NRL Grand Final (Rugby League)

Steve-O
03-10-2010, 06:27 AM
Anyone watching?

Seems to be the done thing over here, so I am watching :agree:

HH81
03-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Anyone watching?

I watched it, bit one sided in the end. Infact one of my pals was at the game over there.

I went to one at Old Trafford yesterday, trust me to pick one of the poorest finals to attend. Saints were rather poor. :agree:

An Leargaidh
22-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Darn it, I'm still catching up on Premier Sports. Didn't realise the final has already been lol. C'mon the Rabbitohs! Actually I only started watching NRL 'cause I got Premier Sports for my birthday for the GAA games and there was so much NRL on I thought, better choose a team. Ironically having decided to support the Rabbitohs, the first full match I watched saw them getting gubbed 56-12 (roughly) by Penrith :boo hoo:
Nevermind, I was cheered up when I heard their theme song... in fact I couldn't believe it!

# "Glory glory to the South Side...." Spooky, coincidence or just part of the Matrix?

Anyone watching?

An Leargaidh
22-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Forgot to say I love the on pitch relationship between the ref. and the players. It's all very much, "I'm really just here to help you mate." Unlike some of the GAA matches where fans and sadly sometimes players are wanting to disembowel the ref. there and then :confused:

Funnilly enough when Ireland are over in Oz for the International Rules test series they have two refs to try and minimise the confusion caused by the two sets of players trying to remember the compromise rules set between the AFL and GAA. The refs in these matches seem to have that same NRL attitude of, "I'm here to help you" instead of the SPL, "You're booked ya Hibs dick!" attitude :rolleyes: