PDA

View Full Version : The New Manager Mega Thread - Please Post Rumours In Here

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

c31
02-10-2010, 11:43 PM
John Collins - Hibs most successful manager in the last 19 years, can he be persuaded to return.

What would it take?

ScottB
02-10-2010, 11:47 PM
Hibs most successful manager in the last 19 years, can he be persuaded to return.

What would it take?

No chance.

Though the mistake was losing him in the first place. Most of our current problems can be traced to the Board backing the players over him.

steakbake
02-10-2010, 11:53 PM
A board that matches his ambition and players who are willing to commit to being an athlete/professional sportsman ahead of other things. Both are in short supply at ER.

sahib
03-10-2010, 12:02 AM
Hibs most successful manager in the last 19 years, can he be persuaded to return.

What would it take?

I would love JC to return.
I think it would put the tin lid on this mythical golden age that has sprung up around his last incumbency. Yet in a way I would love to be proved wrong about him.

RickyS
03-10-2010, 12:11 AM

What would it take?

maybe Alex Miller could come back?

Pete
03-10-2010, 12:35 AM

I couldn't compare the two of them.

I don't want to sound wise after the event but it always should have been JC's way or the highway...regardless of who got emptied.

He was an ex-player but he was a cold(as far as the club was concerned), calculated winner.

Bring JC back and let him bin the slackers to a man...whoever they are...and lets go down that road!

We might just stay up!

Toaods
03-10-2010, 06:41 AM
I'd like to see the Board invest for the long term on the playing side, Alex Miller as Director of Coaching taking control of East Mains and offering advice to the manager, his former protege John Collins.

Earl of Currie
03-10-2010, 06:42 AM
It would be good to see both of them brought back.

JC as Manager with Alex Miller as mentor/Director of Football.

I think that this combination would put together a team that is hard working, difficult to break down and play attractive football when it matters , not rying to play the ' Barcelona ' way when they cant.

The benefit of bringing these guys back would see a better level of professionalism within the players and a greater work ethic. Married with the talent they already have and playing in a disciplined manner would easily see Hibs move up what is essentially a middle of the road league.

matty_f
03-10-2010, 07:09 AM
Has everyone forgotten exactly how pish we were playing by the time Collins left?:confused:

Hakim Sar
03-10-2010, 07:13 AM
For me John Collins was a poor manager who made too many duff signings like morais obrien gattheusi donaldson joneleit makalambay etc

There were plenty occasions when he got his shape all wrong and you could literally see him standing looking at tommy craig saying 'what do I do here?'

Tommy Craig then went away to st mirren (courier scored with back heel in 2-1 loss iirc) and DIDN'T play with a right midfielder - one of the most shocking decisions I have ever seen someone in charge make.

both of them should stay far away from ER. hibs need an older leader, someone a bit more cynical and detached from 'the boys'

I'm probs thinking Bruce rioch Craig brown or probs someone like Lexi miller

StevieC
03-10-2010, 07:22 AM
and by "we" you mean a bunch of players that were in revolt and trying to get their manager sacked. Little wonder that the football was not the best. I would consider giving jc another shot with a new bunch of players, he had the right philosophy for the game

Brooster
03-10-2010, 07:26 AM
His signings were atrocious and we were murder by the time he left, I wouldnt take him back.

hibiedude
03-10-2010, 07:32 AM
I dont believe ex Hibs players make good Hibs manager and when Yogi is moved on going back and asking JC to take charge again is not a forward moved for us.

His time has passed lets leave it that way

Hibercelona
03-10-2010, 07:36 AM
After the disgraceful way the board and the players treated him last time, i'd expect him to give us the finger.

He won't be back at Hibs. And who can blame him.

Expecting Rain
03-10-2010, 07:36 AM
Surely this must be a major wind-up, JC was absolutely useless as were his signings, i don`t see any other clubs clamouring after him as a manager, as for Alex Miller if you want to drive even more fans away from over priced football then he is your man, why don`t we just go all the way and have Jim Duffy in charge of future transfers.

matty_f
03-10-2010, 08:06 AM
and by "we" you mean a bunch of players that were in revolt and trying to get their manager sacked. Little wonder that the football was not the best. I would consider giving jc another shot with a new bunch of players, he had the right philosophy for the game

Yogi has the right philosophy too...:wink:

matty_f
03-10-2010, 08:07 AM
Surely this must be a major wind-up, JC was absolutely useless as were his signings, i don`t see any other clubs clamouring after him as a manager, as for Alex Miller if you want to drive even more fans away from over priced football then he is your man, why don`t we just go all the way and have Jim Duffy in charge of future transfers.

:agree:

Nothing against JC as a person, thought he had great ideas and a fantastic vision for the club, however the team he left behind was atrocious.

Keith_M
03-10-2010, 08:08 AM

And bring back Chic Charnley as well!

:thumbsup:

In all seriousness, I think what JC wanted to achieve at Hibs was the right thing. He wanted to change the team to be fitter and much more professional, to want to play in an attractive manner. However, most of his signings were indeed duds but I'm not sure if that was because he wasn't a good judge of player or if he wasn't backed financially, so couldn't afford any better. :dunno:

And if we don't like Yogi's press conferences, let's not forget the most cringeworthy one I've ever seen where Collins was being prompted by Tommy Craig for his answers. Still sends shivers down my spine.

Gatecrasher
03-10-2010, 08:17 AM
Has everyone forgotten exactly how pish we were playing by the time Collins left?:confused:
a lot of people seem to have forgot that :agree:

ballengeich
03-10-2010, 08:21 AM
Collins got off to a good start, but when the consequences of his pathetic transfer market dealings (the worst since Duffy) and his abject lack of skill in man-management caused a collapse in performance he walked away. He also quit Charleroi so doesn't seem prepared to take on a long-term project.

The team was in roughly the same mess when he left as it is now. People who want him back seem only to remember the early part of his reign.

HFC 0-7
03-10-2010, 08:54 AM

I think that can be pretty much put down to the fact the manager had no influence on the team at that point. After the board sided with the players, the players power in the dressing room got stronger and Collins power diminished.

Aldo
03-10-2010, 08:59 AM
Would rather we went for someone with no connections to the club...

Chris Coleman, McParland, Shabby (but already found a job) (many others)

However I wouldnt mind Mowbray back (tin hat at ready). Wouldnt take Collins after what happened.

Houchy
03-10-2010, 09:01 AM
I'd like to see the Board invest for the long term on the playing side, Alex Miller as Director of Coaching taking control of East Mains and offering advice to the manager, his former protege John Collins.

I can't find the smillie but that pair in charge would have me salivating at the mouth.:agree::pray:

Come on Petrie, you know it makes sense:agree:

(((Fergus)))
03-10-2010, 09:09 AM
Would rather we went for someone with no connections to the club...

Chris Coleman, McParland, Shabby (but already found a job) (many others)

However I wouldnt mind Mowbray back (tin hat at ready). Wouldnt take Collins after what happened.

Never knew he'd gone to Charleroi too. Looks like he's had two games in charge against lower league opposition: one home defeat and one away draw.

1875 NO 1
03-10-2010, 09:13 AM

I would appointa performance director to enusure EAst Mains is getting used properly and ever player is working to improve thier game.

I dont know if you had to suffer the lexo years. Boring negative the list is endless. Use to play 6 defenders in his team.

Drove plenty punters away from ER.

Gave his sons contracts and game time when they were never going to make it.

Crunchie summed it up when he left................I was fed up getting asked to play right back.

Yes he won a cup. But its what you do week in week out counts.

1875 NO 1
03-10-2010, 09:15 AM
correct

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 09:24 AM
JC had the right vision for us? I could manage Hibs if they gave me enough money to buy players like Barry Robson and Steven Naysmith.

Aldo
03-10-2010, 09:26 AM
JC had the right vision for us? I could manage Hibs if they gave me enough money to buy players like Barry Robson and Steven Naysmith.

:thumbsup:

Spot on BH and TBH would rather have 2 quality players then 6 pish ones. I dont know if the Naismith thing was a stunt however it creates a wee bit of positivity about the club.

At the moment we are in free fall and anyone would be better than Hughes.

ballengeich
03-10-2010, 09:45 AM

But would you be able to complain about not getting support for your vision, then walk out, when the board insists on restricting you to a budget which won't bankrupt the club?

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 09:51 AM
But would you be able to complain about not getting support for your vision, then walk out, when the board insists on restricting you to a budget which won't bankrupt the club?

I wouldn't, but know a man that would. :wink:

jdships
03-10-2010, 09:55 AM
I dont believe ex Hibs players make good Hibs manager and when Yogi is moved on going back and asking JC to take charge again is not a forward moved for us.

His time has passed lets leave it that way

Good post ! :thumbsup:
Why is it so many posters are taking the line " don't let the truth get in the way of a good story"
John Collins was as CULPABLE as any player or group of players in the way his time at ER went pear shaped.
Speak to players who were there and they will tell you - the level of man mangement skills shown by JC were unnaceptable at any level/job .
If he was/is so good why hasn't he lasted in the latest jobs he has had and why are clubs not queing up to bid for his sevices.
Great player , one of my all time favourites, nice person to be with - but !!!

:bye:

sam armstrong
03-10-2010, 09:58 AM

Please no, Collins was a great player but is not a manager.

Ed De Gramo
03-10-2010, 10:05 AM

Exactly....he may have won us a trophy but he's a turncoat who walked out us and left Tommy Craig to pick up the pieces

CRAZYHIBBY
03-10-2010, 10:28 AM
collins won a cup with mowbrays team, then lost the dressing room and ultimately the scottish cup....just my opinion though

col02
03-10-2010, 10:30 AM
I find it laughable that some are now seeing Collins as a saviour when there was quite a large contingent on here happy to chase him out of the job when last in charge!

Personally it still rankles with me the treatment Collins got from some people on this very messageboard with personal abuse aimed at him, his assistant and pretty much every player he signed. One thing you could be certain off if Collins had been allowed to build his vision is a lasting legacy once and for all that would banish this lazy nature and lack of work ethic that has existed at Hibs for too long imho!

The man has too much class to be subjected to the toxic support that resides at Easter Road now imho! His team gave me the best day of my Hibs supporting life and I thank him for that lasting memory.

new malkyhib
03-10-2010, 10:34 AM

Steady...

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 10:34 AM
I find it laughable that some are now seeing Collins as a saviour when there was quite a large contingent on here happy to chase him out of the job when last in charge!

Personally it still rankles with me the treatment Collins got from some people on this very messageboard with personal abuse aimed at him, his assistant and pretty much every player he signed. One thing you could be certain off if Collins had been allowed to build his vision is a lasting legacy once and for all that would banish this lazy nature and lack of work ethic that has existed at Hibs for too long imho!

We'd now have a fit squad of sheite player?

col02
03-10-2010, 10:38 AM
We'd now have a fit squad of sheite player?

I am talking about the young players as they would have been given a chance and also picked up good habits in training. The players we have now are that good obviously hence why so many people want the manager sacked!

s.a.m
03-10-2010, 11:00 AM

Thing is, you have the same philosophy; so do I (and I feel quite fervent about it) - and probably quite a high percentage of the people on here, and involved in football elsewhere share his philosophy. Not much wrong with Mixu's philosophy either. Yogi has a good one too. Apparently.

The philosophy is the easy bit. The challenge is putting it into action with a group of imperfect human beings, who perhaps (at our level) don't tick all your boxes, and inspiring them to surpass themselves. If you don't have the prototypes you need for the perfect execution of your strategy, you need to be able to find a compromise that works, and make the best of the options that are available to you.

I think that John Collins may well have a great deal to offer somewhere as a youth coach, or as a Director of a youth academy, or someplace where he is able to implement his philosophy without the grim reality of life at the middling level of professional football getting in the way. I'm not sure he's cut out for that. We weren't good enough for him, and nor were Chareroi.

P.S This isn't meant to be a patronising dig at you, Stevie. You're just the first person to bring up the philosophy thing.:greengrin

essexhibee
03-10-2010, 11:13 AM
John Collins would tell hibs to GTF after the disgusting treatment he got. Pushed out the club for trying to make these so called professionals into better players by simple things like eating, gym, trying to get them to be like pro athletes.

Would have him back in an instant but no chance will happen.

Littlest Hobo
03-10-2010, 11:15 AM
collins won a cup with mowbrays team, then lost the dressing room and ultimately the scottish cup....just my opinion though

Aye that was some team Mowbray built right enough.

Broony, Riorden, Thommo, Whitty,Fletcher and O'Conner. They were all great Mowbray buys right enough!:bitchy:

We also had one of the worst away records under monkey heid and got a big daddy of daddy humping from the Yams on more than a few occasions.

Mowbray! Don't make me laugh.:bitchy:

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 11:18 AM
John Collins would tell hibs to GTF after the disgusting treatment he got. Pushed out the club for trying to make these so called professionals into better players by simple things like eating, gym, trying to get them to be like pro athletes.

Would have him back in an instant but no chance will happen.

Would you have Brian kerr/Alan Obrien/Makalamby/Gatheussi/ back, and would you persevere with Kevin McCann at centre half?

Littlest Hobo
03-10-2010, 11:20 AM
John Collins made some stinking signings but he wasn't getting the backing that some of our most recent managers got from the board.

Collins was full of good bright ideas he wanted to bring to the club which would have made a big difference to the players fitness.

Unfortunately Petrie bottled it and backed the players because they don't need to get fitter, they don't need to practice more because they are all at the top of their game!:grr::bitchy:

If JC got the backing Yogi has had, then I for one think he would be brilliant for us.:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 11:25 AM
John Collins made some stinking signings but he wasn't getting the backing that some of our most recent managers got from the board.

Collins was full of good bright ideas he wanted to bring to the club which would have made a big difference to the players fitness.

Unfortunately Petrie bottled it and backed the players because they don't need to get fitter, they don't need to practice more because they are all at the top of their game!:grr::bitchy:

If JC got the backing Yogi has had, then I for one think he would be brilliant for us.:thumbsup:

He spent big money on O'brien and Makalamby. Hughes spent his on Miller and Stokes. I know who made the best buys.

Golden Bear
03-10-2010, 11:38 AM

JC's ideas were not suited to the psyche of the Scottish game and his ego would not allow himself to be looked upon as a failure so sadly he resigned.

Littlest Hobo
03-10-2010, 11:39 AM
He spent big money on O'brien and Makalamby. Hughes spent his on Miller and Stokes. I know who made the best buys.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Hibs got O'Brien after his contract at Newcastle expired naw? We might have had to pay a few quid compensation but other than that? So I wouldn't class it as big money!

The Makalamby fee was undisclosed but I reckon if we paid anymore than five bob we were ripped off big time:wink::greengrin

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Hibs got O'Brien after his contract at Newcastle expired naw? We might have had to pay a few quid compensation but other than that? So I wouldn't class it as big money!

The Makalamby fee was undisclosed but I reckon if we paid anymore than five bob we were ripped off big time:wink::greengrin

I don't think we got O'Brien for nothing? I might be wrong but I'm sure we payed upwards of £300k for him? Makalamby i cant remember, but think we also paid for him too????

StevieC
03-10-2010, 12:06 PM
P.S This isn't meant to be a patronising dig at you, Stevie. You're just the first person to bring up the philosophy thing.:greengrin

Aye it is .. your card's marked .. :wink:

Different managers, different philosphies.

Collins wanted finely tuned athletes dedicated to their profession and giving 110%.

Yogi wants a bunch of mates that'll be up for a good laugh.

:hmmm:

Expecting Rain
03-10-2010, 12:09 PM
I don't think we got O'Brien for nothing? I might be wrong but I'm sure we payed upwards of £300k for him? Makalamby i cant remember, but think we also paid for him too????

No wonder there`s so many disagreements on this board, how anybody could even contemplate Collins returning is beyond me, you could`ve mentioned the fact he dropped Fletcher for Damon Gray in the Semi Final and probably cost us a real chance of winning the Scottish Cup, the only thing JC was capable of managing was his ego and keeping it intact when the going got tough.

An Leargaidh
03-10-2010, 12:12 PM
A board that matches his ambition and players who are willing to commit to being an athlete/professional sportsman ahead of other things. Both are in short supply at ER.

I made the long trek to McDiarmid Park yesterday and couldn't believe the total drivel being played out on the field. I'd say about 3 or 4 Hibs players looked as if they were genuinely trying, the rest looked like they weren't sure what they were there for. A punter behind me shouted out, "yous are gettin' paid for ****** all!" and I totally agree :agree:

I went home and watched on old GAA All Ireland football final from 1982, 65000+ crown in pouring rain for a nail biting non-stop action game that turned round at the very last minute. A thrilling 70 minutes, and all by amateurs who get paid nothing and do it for pure sportsmanship and personal and county pride.

I have to say I didn't really see any or very much sportsmanship, personal or team pride yesterday and any I did was probably from the Saints players. Something far wrong somewhere with Hibs and the Board need to get to the bottom of it pronto :dunno:

weecounty hibby
03-10-2010, 01:05 PM
I made the long trek to McDiarmid Park yesterday and couldn't believe the total drivel being played out on the field. I'd say about 3 or 4 Hibs players looked as if they were genuinely trying, the rest looked like they weren't sure what they were there for. A punter behind me shouted out, "yous are gettin' paid for ****** all!" and I totally agree :agree:

I went home and watched on old GAA All Ireland football final from 1982, 65000+ crown in pouring rain for a nail biting non-stop action game that turned round at the very last minute. A thrilling 70 minutes, and all by amateurs who get paid nothing and do it for pure sportsmanship and personal and county pride.

I have to say I didn't really see any or very much sportsmanship, personal or team pride yesterday and any I did was probably from the Saints players. Something far wrong somewhere with Hibs and the Board need to get to the bottom of it pronto :dunno:

Personal and team pride went out the window when we started to pay footballers 10X, and more,the average wage for a working man. They have always been higher paid than your average Joes but now it is ridiculous. The long and the short of it is now that when they come to clubs like Hibs they don't give a **** as long as they get their money.

matty_f
03-10-2010, 01:12 PM
I think that can be pretty much put down to the fact the manager had no influence on the team at that point. After the board sided with the players, the players power in the dressing room got stronger and Collins power diminished.

The board never sided with the players, though - that's a myth. Petrie met the players and listened to their concerns, but he didn't over-rule Collins as far as I know.

CRAZYHIBBY
03-10-2010, 01:16 PM

Broony, Riorden, Thommo, Whitty,Fletcher and O'Conner. They were all great Mowbray buys right enough!:bitchy:

We also had one of the worst away records under monkey heid and got a big daddy of daddy humping from the Yams on more than a few occasions.

you forgot to mention sproule zemamma benji, killen...(left before cup win granted) jones??

vahibbie
03-10-2010, 02:16 PM
The board never sided with the players, though - that's a myth. Petrie met the players and listened to their concerns, but he didn't over-rule Collins as far as I know.

But not backing the manager in this case is just the same as siding with the players. There can only be one guy calling the shots on the footballing side and that should have been JC.

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 02:17 PM
But not backing the manager in this case is just the same as siding with the players. There can only be one guy calling the shots on the footballing side and that should have been JC.

What did Petrie do that did not back collins?

West Stand View
03-10-2010, 02:24 PM
Wouldn't see the return of JC as a step forward. He has done nothing of note managerially since leaving.

Hiber-nation
03-10-2010, 03:04 PM

Christ I must have dreamt the 3 wins at ibrox, the win at celtc park and all the fast flowing football then.

HibsMax
03-10-2010, 03:27 PM
It doesn't matter who ends up at Hibs as manager. The appointment will have its fans and haters. If it was left up to the Hibs fans, we would have nobody because we can't even agree amongst ourselves who that person should be. Some people on this thread would love to see JC back, others would run the other direction.

We can't even compare and contrast prior managers as they've had different players. You can only make a direct comparison when only ONE variable changes i.e., the manager. Manager A might get terrible results with Team A but with Team B he gets great results.

Personally speaking I would like to have a man in charge who knows what he is doing, has a proven track record, will command the respect of the players and is not afraid to rock the boat and deflate some egos when necessary.

I think it's really easy to take pot shots at Yogi based on the awful record we have but some of the blame has to go to the players as these are the guys who are executing on the pitch. Yogi picks the team, Yogi comes up with the game plan, etc. but Yogi cannot make the players pass to one another. He cannot make them shoot on target. He cannot play the game for them.

Who knows? Maybe the players hate him just enough to want him to get sacked?

Back on-topic, I would not be against seeing JC getting another crack at the whip but it would have to be different this time around. Actually, whether it's JC or not, things have to be different.

w.connectionfc
03-10-2010, 03:30 PM
a big NO for judas collins from me

1875 NO 1
03-10-2010, 07:27 PM
£300k approx.

It cost £900k to bring in Zouma, Maka and Al O'Brien. This is in Hibs accounts for year ending 2008

sesoim
03-10-2010, 10:04 PM

What would it take?

Based on winning a Cup that Rangers and Celtic were already out of? Look at his WHOLE record. Winning a Cup does not make him better than Mowbray or McLeish.

I'd like us to appoint a manager who can get the best out of our (decent) squad rather tham moan and walk out cause he can't buy £2M players like Barry Robson.

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 11:10 PM
£300k approx.

It cost £900k to bring in Zouma, Maka and Al O'Brien. This is in Hibs accounts for year ending 2008

So at least 500k for Maka and Sproule on a moped, Zouma was signed by Mowbray. Not too shabby an amount i think for the 6 pack to waste.:boo hoo:

Shrekko
03-10-2010, 11:30 PM
So at least 500k for Maka and Sproule on a moped, Zouma was signed by Mowbray. Not too shabby an amount i think for the 6 pack to waste.:boo hoo:

Very simplistic as ever.

No doubt that O'Brien was a disaster but 500k to replace how many millions worth of talent that we lost when he (JC) was there?

When we were offered 3 million for Thomson and Brown it was Collins who stood firm and said they were worth far more. We ended up with 6.5 million for them, which was partly down to JC and you reckon 0.5 million was a huge amount?

Our wages to turnover ratio seems to have increased recently and we're currently watching the most dire under-achieving Hibs team for many a year. That's what you call a waste.

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 11:35 PM
Very simplistic as ever.

No doubt that O'Brien was a disaster but 500k to replace how many millions worth of talent that we lost when he (JC) was there?

When we were offered 3 million for Thomson and Brown it was Collins who stood firm and said they were worth far more. We ended up with 6.5 million for them, which was partly down to JC and you reckon 0.5 million was a huge amount?

Our wages to turnover ratio seems to have increased recently and we're currently watching the most dire under-achieving Hibs team for many a year. That's what you call a waste.

It is a simple answer to a simple question? Hughes has had little to spend compared to Collins imho. £500k plus wages is an awful lot for Hibs to spend. I'd imagine if they were successful it would be ok, but god forbid if they were useless. Oh sorry i forgot they were.

Shrekko
03-10-2010, 11:46 PM
It is a simple answer to a simple question? Hughes has had little to spend compared to Collins imho. £500k plus wages is an awful lot for Hibs to spend. I'd imagine if they were successful it would be ok, but god forbid if they were useless. Oh sorry i forgot they were.

You honestly think that bearing in mind the amount of players that were sold in JC's reign, with the transfer fee's they brought in and wages they saved, that JC was given great backing?

I agree that the guys he spent money on were poor as were most of his signings, but the vast majority of them were out of the bargain bucket. I can't understand why that was the case at the time when we're currently able to get guys like Miller and Stokes and as many 1st choice goalies as the manager likes.

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 11:55 PM
You honestly think that bearing in mind the amount of players that were sold in JC's reign, with the transfer fee's they brought in and wages they saved, that JC was given great backing?

I agree that the guys he spent money on were poor as were most of his signings, but the vast majority of them were out of the bargain bucket. I can't understand why that was the case at the time when we're currently able to get guys like Miller and Stokes and as many 1st choice goalies as the manager likes.

I think Collins was backed as well as he could have been, just as i think Hughes has been too.

ballengeich
04-10-2010, 12:34 AM

Money from the players who were sold largely went into dealing with historic debt. When you look at players from the bargain bucket, remember that Mowbray brought in Murphy, Shiels and Sproule for next to nothing. They did good work for us then were sold on at a profit. Collins's just wasn't good in the transfer market.

matty_f
04-10-2010, 07:09 AM
Money from the players who were sold largely went into dealing with historic debt. When you look at players from the bargain bucket, remember that Mowbray brought in Murphy, Shiels and Sproule for next to nothing. They did good work for us then were sold on at a profit. Collins's just wasn't good in the transfer market.

:top marks In a nutshell.

Had Collins had a better knowledge of the markets in which Hibs could pick from, he'd have gotten a much higher standard of player than he ultimately did.

ForeverHibs93
04-10-2010, 07:09 AM
How exactly can people slate JC, he won us a cup. Yes thats not what its all about.

But he was a relatively new manager & Tommy Craig was supposed to mentor him and show him the ropes, I presume? Granted his signings weren't great but as far as I remember we weren't in that bad a position when JC was having us play this 'horrible football' etc. although if anyone has the stats I'd lvoe to hear them. JC gets far too much stick on here for what he done IMO.

Steve-O
04-10-2010, 07:21 AM
Collins had some good idea, but it appears that he was a bit of a nutter, if you believe what you hear...and that press conference basically confirmed he wasn't the full shilling. Tommy Craig is simply an erse.

Collins also sold Sproule and although he tried to replace him with 'Ivan Sproule on a motorbike'...it's hard to forgive that unnecessary sale.

So, eh, no thanks to a Collins return.

khib70
04-10-2010, 08:13 AM
Collins had some good idea, but it appears that he was a bit of a nutter, if you believe what you hear...and that press conference basically confirmed he wasn't the full shilling. Tommy Craig is simply an erse.

Collins also sold Sproule and although he tried to replace him with 'Ivan Sproule on a motorbike'...it's hard to forgive that unnecessary sale.

So, eh, no thanks to a Collins return.
Well at least our current manager comes across as totally sane and sensible at press conferences, eh?:rolleyes:

Not only is the above patently untrue, it's extremely disrespectful to someone who, whatever you think of his managerial skills, only wanted the best for Hibs.

As has been said before, some of the comments on hear about John Collins are disgraceful. And some of them are coming from the same people who get all holier-than-thou if anything rude is said about the current incumbent.

I'd gladly pay Collins' fare here, after paying Yogi's taxi money.

Expecting Rain
04-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Well at least our current manager comes across as totally sane and sensible at press conferences, eh?:rolleyes:

Not only is the above patently untrue, it's extremely disrespectful to someone who, whatever you think of his managerial skills, only wanted the best for Hibs.

As has been said before, some of the comments on hear about John Collins are disgraceful. And some of them are coming from the same people who get all holier-than-thou if anything rude is said about the current incumbent.

Maybe you could pay for a mini-bus to bring him, Tommy Craig and all his duff signings back, excellent player, poor manager.:grr:

yekimevol
04-10-2010, 09:08 AM

For me John Collins was a poor manager who made too many duff signings like morais obrien gattheusi donaldson joneleit makalambay etc

There were plenty occasions when he got his shape all wrong and you could literally see him standing looking at tommy craig saying 'what do I do here?'

Tommy Craig then went away to st mirren (courier scored with back heel in 2-1 loss iirc) and DIDN'T play with a right midfielder - one of the most shocking decisions I have ever seen someone in charge make.

both of them should stay far away from ER. hibs need an older leader, someone a bit more cynical and detached from 'the boys'

I'm probs thinking Bruce rioch Craig brown or probs someone like Lexi miller

His signings were atrocious and we were murder by the time he left, I wouldnt take him back.

correct
:top marks

Sudds_1
04-10-2010, 09:15 AM

What would it take?

it would take a miracle. .....quite apart from the fact that returns are never, ever, successful, I doubt he and the tache would be bosom buddies.

Remember the player revolt? ..... and the tache's role in that? :agree:

Shrekko
04-10-2010, 09:22 AM
:top marks In a nutshell.

Had Collins had a better knowledge of the markets in which Hibs could pick from, he'd have gotten a much higher standard of player than he ultimately did.

In a nutshell? In the context of discussing whether JC blew a fortune of Hibs cash?

I think it's accepted that in terms of signing's made JC did a poor job but on the other hand surely nobody could argue that his stubbornness over what Hibs should accept for players being sold pretty much balanced that out certainly in terms of the balance sheet?

It's all very well saying the incoming transfer fee's were used to pay historic debts but, with respect, that simply enforces what a difficult job he had.

Tony Mowbray is always used as an example of a guy who was a master of the bargain bucket deals but I think it was pretty much literally hit and miss with him (unless Konde, Konte, Rudge, Morrow, Simon Brown, Hogg, Zibi, Dalglish etc. were signed by someone else) and who knows how much luck played a part? His transfer dealings at Parkhead do not suggest he was actually a wizard wheeler and dealer. He also had the luxury of bringing new players into an environment where a young talented but maturing squad was already in place.

Does anybody know the value of Zibi Malkowski's lucrative 4 year contract extension (given days after THAT semi?) was? I do hope the transfer fee's of Shiels, Sproule etc covered it!!

Steve-O
04-10-2010, 09:26 AM

So you think that showing your six-pack to the players on day 1, and then conducting a press conference getting answers from a man eating an apple whilst passing off the answers as your own is normal?

Don't get me wrong, I liked Collins in some ways, but some of his apparent behaviour was rather 'eccentric'.

And I certainly did not get holier-than-thou about anything said regarding Hughes. I thought he was a bit of an eejit before he took the Hibs job and it loosk like that's been confirmed now.

Joe Baker II
04-10-2010, 09:49 AM

Totally agree with you, it was surprising how many fans think Collins was backed by Board - would take him back but doubt he would work with Petrie again.

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Totally agree with you, it was surprising how many fans think Collins was backed by Board - would take him back but doubt he would work with Petrie again.

He was backed as much as any other manager we have had recently. He wasted most of what he got, and wanted more than we could afford, so walked. All imho of course.

since90plustwo
04-10-2010, 11:03 AM
good manager, but spoke to some of hi ex players and said he just couldnt control the team.. rather someone non hibs related

Bad Martini
04-10-2010, 11:09 AM
IF for some mental reason we bring back another ex-player (and ex-manager anaw!) and IF forced to pick, I'd say Collins philosophy and thinking was the way forward. His implementation of that didn't work...however, he publicly got stabbed in the back by his "team" and still managed to win a cup IN SPITE of all that *****.

And lets no hear pish about how easy that cup win was...lets also remember he had the blessed yamoverload Stewart playing well (Whether you like or dislke the wee sneaky yamishbampot, Stewart played out his skin most of Collins earlier tenure, particularly against Aberdeen in the cup IIRC).

All that said...clean break time. Get a decent, proven manager. Spend some money on a key position as I Say. The manager, followed by keeper, decent midfielder and a solid scoring forward are all positions you must fill properly or regret it forever more.....

Dot know who the right man IS for the job but lets no hear sheite aboot the blessed Tony "Im off and **** you very much for the chance..good luck against hearts in 3 days" Mowbray....if anyone can call Collins a Judas, they can fire the same pelters at St Tony of Mowbray who did NOT win a cup.

MON THE HIBS

KingFranck
04-10-2010, 11:39 AM
It would be good to see both of them brought back.

JC as Manager with Alex Miller as mentor/Director of Football.

If we are talking a mentor, Sauzee with Billy McNeil as mentor would be the best way forward

lapsedhibee
05-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Saw JC in the gym again this morning. He was sporting a very recent haircut and doing some of those stomach crunch things. If that's not conclusive proof that he's got an interview for the Hibs job coming up and is already preparing for his introductory meeting with the players, I don't know what is!

HibbyAndy
05-10-2010, 12:31 PM
IF for some mental reason we bring back another ex-player (and ex-manager anaw!) and IF forced to pick, I'd say Collins philosophy and thinking was the way forward. His implementation of that didn't work...however, he publicly got stabbed in the back by his "team" and still managed to win a cup IN SPITE of all that *****.

And lets no hear pish about how easy that cup win was...lets also remember he had the blessed yamoverload Stewart playing well (Whether you like or dislke the wee sneaky yamishbampot, Stewart played out his skin most of Collins earlier tenure, particularly against Aberdeen in the cup IIRC).

All that said...clean break time. Get a decent, proven manager. Spend some money on a key position as I Say. The manager, followed by keeper, decent midfielder and a solid scoring forward are all positions you must fill properly or regret it forever more.....

Dot know who the right man IS for the job but lets no hear sheite aboot the blessed Tony "Im off and **** you very much for the chance..good luck against hearts in 3 days" Mowbray....if anyone can call Collins a Judas, they can fire the same pelters at St Tony of Mowbray who did NOT win a cup.

MON THE HIBS

Nail ,Hammer ,Head as usual BM :top marks

jacomo
05-10-2010, 01:26 PM

Wage budget undeniably higher now than it was then.

Collins was great for us but his choice of Tommy Craig as assistant was disastruous and his resignation bitterly disappointing.

Not sure he would come back tbh

blackpoolhibs
05-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Wage budget undeniably higher now than it was then.

Collins was great for us but his choice of Tommy Craig as assistant was disastruous and his resignation bitterly disappointing.

Not sure he would come back tbh

Who did Hughes waste £500k on? Did any of Collins signings make us any money?

NAE NOOKIE
05-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Mogga was blessed with an excellent squad and at times had them playing great football .... But no plan B when required, which was proved at West Brom.

Collins:

This is the guy who played Kevin McCann at CH against Aberdeen at Pittodrie against a centre forward who always gave Rob Jones problems in the air.

This is the guy who took the same team who won the league cup to Hampden a few weeks later and couldnt get them to score one goal against Dunfermline, thus losing us the chance to go up against the most rank celtic team in years as was shown in the final.

This is the guy who was so up himself that he couldnt see that the way to prove yourself as a manager is to get a load of average players to over achieve and not to ask the reputedly meanest board in football for squillions to spend and then walk in a huff when they said no.

John Collins ? ..... I would rather have Joan Collins.

Nae offence JC.

:bitchy:

jacomo
05-10-2010, 10:50 PM
Who did Hughes waste £500k on? Did any of Collins signings make us any money?

Er... what I said is that the player budget Hughes had to work with was higher than the one Collins had - which obviously makes it easier to attract better players.

There are a few Hughes signings I'm unsure about, and in time we'll see how much the club wasted in paying decent wages for no good reason.

yekimevol
06-10-2010, 12:00 AM
if your going by cups yes, if u go by win percentage and deilivering in the league then no.

collins could have been !! but failed to defeat dunfermline even thou he had to cracks at it. his signing were for the most part horrible and for me the game was far to patient with no direction nor bite.

blackpoolhibs
06-10-2010, 09:27 AM
Er... what I said is that the player budget Hughes had to work with was higher than the one Collins had - which obviously makes it easier to attract better players.

There are a few Hughes signings I'm unsure about, and in time we'll see how much the club wasted in paying decent wages for no good reason.

Was it though?

J-C
06-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Couldn't be ersed reading all 4 pages but since the Board never backed Collins over the player revolt, I canny see him coming back as long as Petrie's still in charge.

Wellbankhibby
06-10-2010, 09:50 AM
I would be happy to have John Collins or Tony mobray back as manager but my first choice would be Paul Elliot. He has experience of Scottish football, English football and Italian football. Has also played at the highest level in all three countries. I also listned attentively to his tactical side of football when he summarized on Italian football. It is also my belief that he would demand and recieve the respect of players. Im not sure if he has managerial experience but I believe he has coaching badges and excellent organisation skills.:agree:

H18sry
06-10-2010, 10:16 AM
O'Brien was a disaster,no one could argue that .He was playing for Swindon reserves a couple of weeks ago.As you know Maka is now well on the way to the top .I think Collins will have learned from any mistakes. He's intelligent and we'd be the fittest team in the league. I think he would be as good if not better than any others that have been mentioned. The only possible exception might be the little Italian guy. That might be interesting.:hmmm

:faf::faf::faf: 2nd choice at Swansea :faf::faf::faf:

Hibs On Tour
06-10-2010, 02:37 PM

Stevie, players weren't trying to get JC sacked. They raised their concerns with him directly and he refused to discuss them. What option did they have but to raise them with his boss? That was from one of those accused of being at the centre of it, face-to-face. And our record sale... :wink:

JC's 'my way or the highway' approach is OK on paper but not in real life where you have to deal with a load of individuals and mould them into a cohesive team. Man-management skills were sadly lacking which meant he had no chance of implementing the fitness and off-field stuff that undoubtedly would have been good long-term. The way we played under him was dross too - that early run we went on was despite playing shockingly in at least a few of those games and later on we were playing the same but not getting the results.

No, we need proven, top-level experience for the managers position. If the board are worthy of top-dollar for their positions, so is the managers job. A good manager is worth 5 good players IMHO [fb echo there!] so lets start from the top this time around eh? Instead of going down a route that's clearly not been successful for us of ex-players with little or no experience in the top seat...

The Harp Awakes
06-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Would love JC back at Hibs as Manager. I think he will have learnt a great deal from his last stint and wouldn't make the same mistakes with the players as he did previously.

However, his ambitions for Hibs are far greater than the Hibernian Board's sadly, and for that reason I can't see him being prepared to return, or the Hibs Board wanting him back for that matter.

lyonhibs
07-10-2010, 07:26 AM
I've now had several mates of other footballing persuasions ask me what the deal is with George Burley being in the running. Is he just one of the myriad of names that have "thrown their hat into the ring" (whatever that refers to) and been linked in some rag, or is there something more concrete behind the rumour?

I must admit, I've not seen his name mentioned in dispatches. What sort of odds would you get for Burley to become next manager, and what do people think of the - probably remote - possibility??

GGTTH

bighairyfaeleith
07-10-2010, 07:31 AM
Does he not have a job just now?

seanraff07
07-10-2010, 07:33 AM
Yep, i'm sure he's at Crystal Palace.

IanM
07-10-2010, 07:35 AM
in all honestly - he loses a couple of matches and he'll be the scapegoat jambo ******* and the last thing we need right now is more of our fans calling for the new managers head after a few matches..

altho i do rate him at club level, with a bit more support (from VR) and a bit less alcohol :greengrin who knows what the JT's would of achieved that season..

what worry's me, every name that has been put forward there has been fans saying "no chance" which means unless there is someone we have missed some of our fans ain't gonna be happy.. , understandable however as it's been a tough time and we all want whats best for the club

i have my favourites (southgate, scala, rioch) and my no way's (calderwood, mcpherson) but will be happy even if it's somewhere between

lyonhibs
07-10-2010, 07:36 AM
Yep, i'm sure he's at Crystal Palace.

He is indeed, which makes my mates havering, piss in the wind merchants, which makes perfect sense seeing as the mates in question were a Tim and a Hun :greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-10-2010, 07:37 AM

How many more stupid threads like this before we actually get someone in!

I know the telly is crap but please go and get a good book to read or something!

:wink:

Judas Iscariot
07-10-2010, 07:47 AM
**** off Tarquin..

Has the Oxford water caused delusion...

flash
07-10-2010, 08:23 AM
Daily record says he has applied with quotes. ticks all the boxes for me- experienced at a good level, has turned struggling clubs round and must have good contacts.

one of the more intriguing candidates for sure.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2010/10/07/former-porstmouth-boss-paul-hart-and-german-boss-uwe-rapolder-are-shock-candidates-for-hibs-hotseat-86908-22614840/

hibee bouncer
07-10-2010, 08:28 AM
I'm not sure what success, if any, he's had as a manager. Got a very poor Portsmouth team where he couldn't do anything with them, done nothing at QPR and I'm certain he's been at 1 other club. It might just be me but I don't get how people can possibly rate him.

scoopyboy
07-10-2010, 08:30 AM
I'm not sure what success, if any, he's had as a manager. Got a very poor Portsmouth team where he couldn't do anything with them, done nothing at QPR and I'm certain he's been at 1 other club. It might just be me but I don't get how people can possibly rate him.

Have spoken with Ian McParland about him a while back.

Pumper was his number two at Notts Forest for a while.

I don't want him.

Golden Bear
07-10-2010, 08:33 AM
His record.

Make your own mind up but I think we can do better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Hart

David@EasterRoad
07-10-2010, 08:34 AM
Excellent cv as a youth coach, hasn't done anything startling as a manager though. Might work though as we have a few decent players coming through again who just need a run in the first team.

greenlex
07-10-2010, 08:42 AM

How many more stupid threads like this before we actually get someone in!

I know the telly is crap but please go and get a good book to read or something!

:wink:
There will be loads of them every day.

jonny
07-10-2010, 08:53 AM
No thanks. Clarke or Scala for me - although it seems that the Scala thing won't ever really materialise.
Mowbray would be my 3rd choice.

Deano Mourinho
07-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Id take him in a minute good pedigree and would get the best out of the youngsters

Pretty Boy
07-10-2010, 09:11 AM
Hart doesn't have an excellent record as a manager but every club he has worked at recently has been in turmoil.

Portsmouth- Always going to be hard to follow the success of Redknapp and the club where already in trouble when he took over from Tony Adams. Money problems, players sold from under him, no manager could have done a job there.

QPR- Interefering owners and one of many who has failed in that job recently. Warnock seems to be doing well at the moment though.

Crystal Palace- Helped keep them up against all the odds depsite a 10 point deduction. Deserves credit.

A highly respected coach and might just prove to be a decent manager at a club that has some kind of stable footing. I certainly wouldn't be disappointed where he to get the job.

Beefster
07-10-2010, 09:12 AM
The quality of some of the folk being touted on here as serious candidates is laughable.

bingo70
07-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Any chance of a link to this story? Too tight to buy the paper and to lazy to find the story as only got internet access on my phone, cheers

Cabbage East
07-10-2010, 09:20 AM
Why is this guy even a possibility? He has achieved absolutely nothing in the game. Oh but he coached in England so he must be good.....:rolleyes:

flash
07-10-2010, 09:25 AM
Interesting polarisation of views as ever. beefster, if he is laughable who rises above your derision?

Steve20
07-10-2010, 09:50 AM
His record is very poor. No thanks.

blackpoolhibs
07-10-2010, 09:51 AM
Would love JC back at Hibs as Manager. I think he will have learnt a great deal from his last stint and wouldn't make the same mistakes with the players as he did previously.

However, his ambitions for Hibs are far greater than the Hibernian Board's sadly, and for that reason I can't see him being prepared to return, or the Hibs Board wanting him back for that matter.

We cant afford his ambitions.:confused:

SouthMoroccoStu
07-10-2010, 10:03 AM
His record is very poor. No thanks.

judas
07-10-2010, 10:06 AM

What would it take?

You been drinking?

Iain G
07-10-2010, 10:10 AM
The quality of some of the folk being touted on here as serious candidates is laughable.

Anyone passed your highest of quality filters yet then? Nevio Scala not pass the mustard? :wink::greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-10-2010, 10:35 AM

:top marks

Some absolute crackers eh?

YehButNoBut
07-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Any chance of a link to this story? Too tight to buy the paper and to lazy to find the story as only got internet access on my phone, cheers

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/10/07/former-porstmouth-boss-paul-hart-and-german-boss-uwe-rapolder-are-shock-candidates-for-hibs-hotseat-86908-22614840/

YehButNoBut
07-10-2010, 10:43 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/10/07/former-porstmouth-boss-paul-hart-and-german-boss-uwe-rapolder-are-shock-candidates-for-hibs-hotseat-86908-22614840/

Hart certainly has plenty experience as a manager and may be what we are looking for. :hmmm:

Another interesting candidate from the same article below.

Meanwhile, ex-Cologne boss Uwe Rapolder has also expressed interest in the job.
The German has managed a host of Bundesliga 1 and 2 sides, including Arminia Bielefeld, and has also coached in Switzerland.
He believes he has what it takes to get Hibs challenging again at the right end of the SPL table. He said: "I've heard a lot of good things about the club. They have good young players and I believe they can compete with the likes of Rangers and Celtic if they're given the right direction and mentality."

California-Hibs
07-10-2010, 10:50 AM

They're putting their own names forward mate :confused: Scala has come forward and expressed he's interested and so has Paul Hart. I fail to see how this then makes these two candidates 'laughable'
Explain..

herdy
07-10-2010, 11:21 AM
I read a comment posted after the article about hughes getting the bullet on the scotsman online. Some guy calling himself sir brian something or other who was a qc from hanley on thames had said that George Burley had agreed terms with hibs, but Crystal Palace weren't going to let him go.

I find it hard to believe that George Burley would be looking for a move considering he only started at Crystal Palace in the summer. I think it was probably some ****bo leaving a stupid comment.

johnbc70
07-10-2010, 11:31 AM
I am sure Burley bought a big house in the Grange when he was Scotland manager that he probably still owns. Plus his daughter is married to our current club captain Chris Hogg so his family will be around him and maybe he has made his money and wants a job in Edinburgh to live in his big house and be close to his daughter.

Cannot see it happening but stranger things have happened!

IanM
07-10-2010, 11:31 AM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Muchtravelled-coach-Constantine-admits-strong.6570200.jp

nope

poolman
07-10-2010, 11:33 AM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Muchtravelled-coach-Constantine-admits-strong.6570200.jp

Join the queue, roll up

Dinkydoo
07-10-2010, 11:35 AM
No, dear god no :bitchy:

Don't know how probable Burley becomig the next Hibs manager would be but after his recent stint as Scotland boss, I wouldn't want him anywhere near ER.

Calvin
07-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Interesting. Plenty of experience, none of it particularly relevant. I'd prefer to go for someone like this than one of the Scottish guys mentioned.

M11BMO
07-10-2010, 11:36 AM
Hottest job in football...

Everyone wants it. :rolleyes:

poolman
07-10-2010, 11:39 AM
Interesting. Plenty of experience, none of it particularly relevant. I'd prefer to go for someone like this than one of the Scottish guys mentioned.

It's definitely a no goer

Canny find him on Wiki so thats that :agree:

Calvin
07-10-2010, 11:40 AM
It's definitely a no goer

Canny find him on Wiki so thats that :agree:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Constantine

poolman
07-10-2010, 11:43 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Constantine

:doh:

LancsHibs
07-10-2010, 11:54 AM
Seems to have spent most of his time in the lower leagues of Cypriot football,:no way: Not for Hibs!

Calvin
07-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Well it's all down to the quality of his website surely? :greengrin

http://www.stephenconstantine.co.uk/

His international achievements are pretty good actually.

Hibernia Na Eir
07-10-2010, 11:57 AM
basically, anyone who touts themselves to hibs through the media won't be in the running.

Hibernia Na Eir
07-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Well it's all down to the quality of his website surely? :greengrin

http://www.stephenconstantine.co.uk/

His international achievements are pretty good actually.

my question would be, why would a coach NEED his own website to flaunt himself?

seems a nice guy, but not for me.

SlickShoes
07-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Shame its not this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Constantine

This thread does not deliver!

Mac
07-10-2010, 12:16 PM

You have to be kidding!!!

Thank christ your not involved in the process :wink:

alex74
07-10-2010, 12:25 PM

nope
no tanks:boo hoo:

alex74
07-10-2010, 12:37 PM
I've now had several mates of other footballing persuasions ask me what the deal is with George Burley being in the running. Is he just one of the myriad of names that have "thrown their hat into the ring" (whatever that refers to) and been linked in some rag, or is there something more concrete behind the rumour?

I must admit, I've not seen his name mentioned in dispatches. What sort of odds would you get for Burley to become next manager, and what do people think of the - probably remote - possibility??

GGTTHthers alot worse than burley out ther

hibees59
07-10-2010, 12:46 PM
I am sure Burley bought a big house in the Grange when he was Scotland manager that he probably still owns. Plus his daughter is married to our current club captain Chris Hogg so his family will be around him and maybe he has made his money and wants a job in Edinburgh to live in his big house and be close to his daughter.

Cannot see it happening but stranger things have happened!

George sold his house just after he started with Palace.

ShanksSaidNo
07-10-2010, 01:19 PM
no tanks:boo hoo:
This man is far too ugly to be manager of Hibernian Football Club.

hibbycraig
07-10-2010, 01:32 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6432239,00.html

Says he is interested and has a proven track record of working with youngsters. Could be a good appointment

Perspective
07-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Think this guy was touting himself for the Killie job on their fan forums.

Not a chance he'll get the job.

WindyMiller
07-10-2010, 02:04 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6432239,00.html

Says he is interested and has a proven track record of working with youngsters. Could be a good appointment

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?194448-paul-hart

HibbyAndy
07-10-2010, 02:08 PM
George Burley is Chris Hogg's father in law, So our captain would be playing every week :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
07-10-2010, 02:09 PM
George Burley is Chris Hogg's father in law, So our captain would be playing every week :greengrin

**** no then..

persevere1875
07-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Granted its taken from one of the more unbelievable football rumour sites, however, the claim is that Paul Le Guen is on his way to ER as we speak to finalise a two year deal to manage the Hibs :dunno:

deeks01
07-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Granted its taken from one of the more unbelievable football rumour sites, however, the claim is that Paul Le Guen is on his way to ER as we speak to finalise a two year deal to manage the Hibs :dunno:

:faf:

J-C
07-10-2010, 02:24 PM
Tried the JC method of making the players fitter and healthier by attempting to get rid of the drinking culture at Ibrox, didn't work did it, maybe we need simeone with a more strict regime to fitness.

zlatan
07-10-2010, 02:31 PM
This thread is so stupid, only pictures of chimps can give it any credibility.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/02/01/article-1133515-0343AAED000005DC-596_468x608.jpg

http://primatology.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/west-african-chimps.jpg

http://dingo.care2.com/pictures/c2c/share/23/231/112/2311257_370.jpg

WhileTheChief..
07-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Currently in talks with AEK Athens.

persevere1875
07-10-2010, 02:35 PM
Like I said may have come from one of the less credible sources, but that said some of the names thrown into the hat on here in the last few days have hardly been credible either.

Would have thought It would have been quicker to read it and ignore it than load the site with stupid pictures x 3 :dunno:

K.Marx
07-10-2010, 02:37 PM
Seems like everyman and his dug are throwing their names in the hat for this job. Think seeing as I'm out of work at the moment i may aswell make up a page for myself on wikipedia and fire in a CV :agree:

Lincoln Green
07-10-2010, 02:40 PM
I'm really surprised at the negative response to Paul Hart on here. This is a guy that stabilised the ship at Forest and had a young team playing very good football. It was only after he left that I think Forest fans realised what the had.

He has a great reputation as a coach and has steadied many clubs down here. Often he has lost his job not because he was crap but because new owners came in and wanted a higher profile name.

For me this would be a great appointment for Hibs. This is a guy that I think would do a good job for us. The only negative I can see is that he wouldnt know the scottish game inside out. However put him in with a good staff who do and we are in business.

Saying this guy hasnt done anything in the game is bollocks. Check your facts guys before spouting guff.

PS He's not my dad by the way.:wink:

hibee4life1983
07-10-2010, 02:42 PM
He looks malnurished (cant be erchied spell checking)

New Corrie
07-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Like Paul Hart a lot, could do a hell of a lot worse than giving him the job.

hibee4life1983
07-10-2010, 02:46 PM
I thought the pictures wer pretty good.

emmjayfox
07-10-2010, 02:49 PM
I think the pictures look very Calum Ellioty

HibbyAndy
07-10-2010, 02:50 PM
I think the pictures look very Calum Ellioty

Very Clum elliotish

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Currently in talks with AEK Athens.

If you look at the pictures on this thread, then surely he is talks with APE Athens?:rolleyes:

WindyMiller
07-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Like Paul Hart a lot, could do a hell of a lot worse than giving him the job.

I'd agree.
He must have lots of contacts in the lower divisions of the game down South and if we're looking to clear out more than half our squad that sort of manager would be needed.
IMO he'd also be more likely to hang around than some of the younger names being bandied about.

blackpoolhibs
07-10-2010, 02:53 PM
I'm really surprised at the negative response to Paul Hart on here. This is a guy that stabilised the ship at Forest and had a young team playing very good football. It was only after he left that I think Forest fans realised what the had.

He has a great reputation as a coach and has steadied many clubs down here. Often he has lost his job not because he was crap but because new owners came in and wanted a higher profile name.

For me this would be a great appointment for Hibs. This is a guy that I think would do a good job for us. The only negative I can see is that he wouldnt know the scottish game inside out. However put him in with a good staff who do and we are in business.

Saying this guy hasnt done anything in the game is bollocks. Check your facts guys before spouting guff.

PS He's not my dad by the way.:wink:

:agree: I think he'd be a good appointment, he'd certainly have good contacts and will know the championship and Premiership reserve scene well. To me he has a better CV than Mowbray had when we appointed him. If he wants the job, we could do a lot worse imho.

Hibs07p
07-10-2010, 02:58 PM
I doubt very much that Hibs will pursue the "names" touting themselves for the job! They are putting themselves in the shop window by acknowledging their "interest" and if approached, will expect to name their price and playing budget. I think Hibs will only interview managers that apply directly to the club, stating their expected wage and playing budget, and therefore allows RP to pick the candidate that appeals most. IE discard all the high salary and playing budgets managers, and accept the "I'll work for nothing to prove myself, bring in players through my contacts, and develop the youth players already here" brigade. I hope I'm wrong and we can attract someone who is moderately successful and willing to stay a while if he is successful.

Beefster
07-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Interesting polarisation of views as ever. beefster, if he is laughable who rises above your derision?

Anyone who might even remotely have a claim to having achieved something, anything as a manager/coach in the last decade.

Paul Hart has lost more games than he's won at every single club that he's ever been at. Even worse is his record in his last 4 jobs which, if replicated with Hibs, would see our support demanding his sacking within six months.

NOLA
07-10-2010, 03:09 PM
If you look at the pictures on this thread, then surely he is talks with APE Athens?:rolleyes:
:taxi

Speedway
07-10-2010, 03:30 PM
If a potential manager is quoted in the press, you can rule him out immediately. Ro-Pe likes absolute discretion.

Carlos Bilbardo hasn't uttered a word about the Hibs job, that's who I'm watching.

zlatan
07-10-2010, 03:42 PM
Like I said may have come from one of the less credible sources, but that said some of the names thrown into the hat on here in the last few days have hardly been credible either.

Would have thought It would have been quicker to read it and ignore it than load the site with stupid pictures x 3 :dunno:

http://www.hellofelix.com/images/primates/hooting-chimp.jpg

Hainan Hibs
07-10-2010, 03:51 PM
http://faculty.seattlecolleges.com/mfranco/chimps.jpg

Speedway
07-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Nigerian National Team Manager Skollob Fodaol has also applied apparently.

lapsedhibee
07-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Stupid? Nonsense. Entirely appropriate to be showing pictures of monkeys, and particularly their heids, in a thread about a potential Hibs manager. :monkey:

Phil D. Rolls
07-10-2010, 04:03 PM
And the hits just keep on coming! :faf:

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-10-2010, 04:05 PM
:blah::blah::slipper::slipper::crazy::crazy::LOL:: LOL:

:bye:

Ritchie
07-10-2010, 04:05 PM

really??

**** that then!

ionahibby
07-10-2010, 04:09 PM

Same emotions on display there as if they were watching the hibs :greengrin

HibbyAndy
07-10-2010, 04:10 PM
really??

**** that then!

Wether he actually married her im not a hundred percent , But he's defo been with Burleys daugher in his whole time at Easter Road.

Kaiser1962
07-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Dosent look the worst appointment to me. At least he would be realistic and achievable.

Speedway
07-10-2010, 04:14 PM

GGTTH

In the early 19th century, when boxing was particularly popular, anyone who wished to challenge a boxer would throw his hat into the ring.

This was probably necessitated by the crowds and noise at such events; you'd be missed if you simply tried to shout out a challenge or push your way through the crowd and into the ring.

John Hamilton Reynolds used the term in 'The Fancy' in 1820 and this is reported to be the first recorded use of the term.

HibbyAndy
07-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Wouldnt be disappointed with PH, Cant see it tho, But certainly would be happy with him at the helm.

OtterHibee
07-10-2010, 04:18 PM

Wether he actually married her im not a hundred percent , But he's defo been with Burleys daugher in his whole time at Easter Road.

:agree: Their wedding was back in May this year.

HibbyAndy
07-10-2010, 04:20 PM
:agree: Their wedding was back in May this year.

:aok:

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Nigerian National Team Manager Skollob Fodaol has also applied apparently.

he will surely be a backwards step?:hmmm:

Speedway
07-10-2010, 04:43 PM
he will surely be a backwards step?:hmmm:

Possibly :greengrin

Equally as credible as certain others touted for the job however.

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Possibly :greengrin

Equally as credible as certain others touted for the job however.

Apparently Rod Petrie has been in touch with his Norwegian agent, Baverin Hasttard.
Could be mileage in this.:rolleyes:

weonlywon6-2
07-10-2010, 04:48 PM

rodders will be doing his usual and keeping his cards very close to his chest on this one.

the stories of "my mate who works at says that he heard that " rubbish will go on for a bit

le guen,yeah right !:bye:

ClewsHibs
07-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Apparently Rod Petrie has been in touch with his Norwegian agent, Baverin Hasttard.
Could be mileage in this.:rolleyes:

:tee hee::wink:

Kaiser1962
07-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Agree Calvino. The thing in Scotland just now is that all the coaches are trained the same way and all do the same courses. We need to try a little harder and think a bit here. May work, may not but the alternative is Gus McPherson or Tango man, who would probably keep us safe but thats about it.

Cropley10
07-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Never heard of him

HibeeMG
07-10-2010, 05:58 PM
He's been the manager of Nepal I see...

It'll come in handy given he's got a 'mountain to climb' with Hibs!

I'll get ma coat!

Gala Foxes
07-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Just what we need - a nobody that has spent the bulk of his career managing in that much feared football stronghold ...........................Cyprus

Once a first team coach at Millwall - Wow, hold me back !

What an earth shattering CV he's got

Take it the Evening News are struggling to dig up a credible Hibs story of merit

SmithyHibee
07-10-2010, 06:09 PM
This thread is so stupid, only pictures of chimps can give it any credibility.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot6cGSoCizo

Iain G
07-10-2010, 06:29 PM

These are a new import at Edinburgh Zoo, and have been named Six Pack, Mixu and Yogi... :wink:

DJ HIBBY
07-10-2010, 06:39 PM
I have been reliably informed that our new management team will be Willie McStay with Ian McParland as assistant. Source is a good friend who has heard directly from Willie McStay.

Thoughts?

Biggie
07-10-2010, 06:41 PM
I don't care so long as he can turn these losers into winners.....

The_Todd
07-10-2010, 06:42 PM
I doubt the applications have even been considered yet, let alone the successful applicant approached.

degenerated
07-10-2010, 06:43 PM
not wanting to feel left out, so.........

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2316/laughingchimpm.gif

Kaiser_Sauzee
07-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Doubt it.

joebakerforever
07-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Aged 57, he would fall into the "mature manager" category and did a decent job in keeping Crystal Palace in the Championship despite the severe financial problems they had.

Could be an English equivalent of Craig Brown when it comes to managing meagre resources.

I have to laugh at the delusional beliefs of some on here regarding the Manager's job at Hibs being a sought after job outside Scotland.

The SPL in European terms is a diddy league and the likely salary being offered will at best be viewed as modest, and that being the case, beggars can't be choosers :duck:

DJ HIBBY
07-10-2010, 06:47 PM
just passing on the information.

the call i got was willie mcstay with an assistant from ipswich who is hibs daft. looking at the ipswich website it would seem it is ian mcparland.

DJ HIBBY
07-10-2010, 06:57 PM
It's not often the bookies are so wrong:rolleyes:

tony mowbray springs to mind? dont think he was ever in betting for hibs job. when he was announced remember it being a total shock

Aldo
07-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Its been what 4 days since Hughes left and they have appointed a manager and a coach. If your right mate then well done but I personally think it maybe someone else. :wink:

JDanielR1875
07-10-2010, 07:04 PM
I wouldnt be so sure about that. I cant wait to see who the new gaffer will be!!

McD
07-10-2010, 07:07 PM

Gotta love Alex Smith's cockeyed 'through managers association tinted glasses' view.

"They earned the chance to move to a bigger club and at Hibs last season achieved a two-place improvement in the SPL and secured European football.
"Months later things take a wee downer, which happens in football, but I felt they should have been given time to come out of that.
"But it's an absolute tendency in the modern game to get rid of managers quickly."

Months later a wee downer? Naw Alex, the 4th place was achieved during an abysmal run lasting 8 months, when we were playing *****, and our 'promising management team' did bugger all to change or arrest the slide.

CapitalHibs
07-10-2010, 07:29 PM
Not my first choice but wouldn't be too unhappy about this TBH. Reasonably successful and experienced manager with an OF mentality. Have heard nothing but good things about McParland - Hibs manager in waiting perhaps - for when the smellies come calling.

Capt Mainwaring
07-10-2010, 07:31 PM
I have been reliably informed that our new management team will be Willie McStay with Ian McParland as assistant. Source is a good friend who has heard directly from Willie McStay.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that you have not been reliably informed!:wink:

alex74
07-10-2010, 07:39 PM

Thoughts?sorry surely must be a wind up

alex74
07-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Granted its taken from one of the more unbelievable football rumour sites, however, the claim is that Paul Le Guen is on his way to ER as we speak to finalise a two year deal to manage the Hibs :dunno:sebo:agree:

M11BMO
07-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Can't see it myself.

HibeesLA
07-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Its been what 4 days since Hughes left and they have appointed a manager and a coach. If your right mate then well done but I personally think it maybe someone else. :wink:

Did he happen to be in Edinburgh on Sunday with a suit on and a copy of his CV by chance?

King Paddy
07-10-2010, 08:09 PM
I would expect a better, and it's to early in MHO. Any way who is Willie Mcstay?

libernian
07-10-2010, 08:13 PM
he kinds of looks a cross between craig bellamy and rob jones, never looks 47 tho!

anyway, na this guys not really what i had in mind - no real pedigree but maybe we could get him as a coach. hes probs just using this to get himself in the public eye imo.

p.s. do you think he wrote that wiki page himself?

barcahibs
07-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Saw him coaching the celtc reserves against us a few seasons ago and took an instant dislike to him. I didn't like the way he set his team up or the way he treated the players and officials, I thought he came across as a total p**** TBH.

Of course that could be just the team he was with that made me think like that. It doesn't take much to get me annoyed at anyone involved with rantic :greengrin.

Doesn't fill me with joy at first glance but I realise that its for the pettiest of reasons. If he does become Hibs manager I'll revise my opinions immediately - I AM that fickle - and the above complaints will become evidence of his winning attitude.

renato
07-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Heard fantastic things about his coaching ability from a few people now, really highly rated. Guy in my work knows him too, thinks he'd be a success for whoever gives him a chance.

Wouldn't be adverse to the idea if true :agree:

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Not my first choice but wouldn't be too unhappy about this TBH. Reasonably successful and experienced manager with an OF mentality. Have heard nothing but good things about McParland - Hibs manager in waiting perhaps - for when the smellies come calling.

Exactly my thoughts, whats the point in grooming another one way ticket along the M8?

Vini1875
07-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Not doubting this pair could be at Hibs, but our board do not move that swiftly and neither should they. The board will allow all the interested parties to apply before making any decisions. Who knows exactly who might fancy taking on the Hibs job. If there are two things you can say about the board, it is that they have loads of experience of going through this process (successfully or otherwise) and secondly that they have very rarely made a quick apponitment, in fact the only one I can think of was Franck.

E.T. is a Hibee
07-10-2010, 09:23 PM

Thoughts?

FFS WTF! Better not be! Absolute PASH!

MJN1875
07-10-2010, 09:36 PM

I doubt that seeing as ssn reported yesterdeay hes on the verge of signing for a national team (cant remember who). Some people on here talk some colin nish like!:taxi

IberianHibernian
07-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Exactly my thoughts, whats the point in grooming another one way ticket along the M8?By including a clause in contract that demands big compensation if/when he leaves especially if to Celtic ?

Fantic
07-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Just listened to JC on Radio 5 live talking about the weekends international games. Legend and would be delighted if he came back but can't see it. It would be convenient for him though so here's hoping.

Johnny Collins was right!.. Michael Stewart is ***** :thumbsup:

IberianHibernian
07-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Not doubting this pair could be at Hibs, but our board do not move that swiftly and neither should they. The board will allow all the interested parties to apply before making any decisions. Who knows exactly who might fancy taking on the Hibs job. If there are two things you can say about the board, it is that they have loads of experience of going through this process (successfully or otherwise) and secondly that they have very rarely made a quick apponitment, in fact the only one I can think of was Franck.Hopefully there won`t be a quick appointment and literally hundreds of managers will be being considered but Petrie will presumably have been looking since about March and especially in last 2 months not just in last week . Just hope he didn`t have some informal agreement with Calderwood to take over .

Ed De Gramo
07-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Exactly my thoughts, whats the point in grooming another one way ticket along the M8?

I thought only Craig Thomson done that :dunno:

sahib
07-10-2010, 09:56 PM
Just listened to JC on Radio 5 live talking about the weekends international games. Legend and would be delighted if he came back but can't see it. It would be convenient for him though so here's hoping.

Johnny Collins was right!.. Michael Stewart is ***** :thumbsup:

Are all JC's fans a bit bonkers?

tooley
07-10-2010, 10:03 PM

Thoughts?

Is he as much a promising youngster as young Paul was???:duck::duck:

CRAZYHIBBY
07-10-2010, 10:59 PM
petrie is under immense pressure to get this right and will certainly be taking his time to pick the right candidate.......there are a few big names being mentioned already and this for me has to be one of the most exciting manager hunt i seen

HibeeMG
07-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Saw him coaching the celtc reserves against us a few seasons ago and took an instant dislike to him. I didn't like the way he set his team up or the way he treated the players and officials, I thought he came across as a total p**** TBH.

Of course that could be just the team he was with that made me think like that. It doesn't take much to get me annoyed at anyone involved with rantic :greengrin.

Doesn't fill me with joy at first glance but I realise that its for the pettiest of reasons. If he does become Hibs manager I'll revise my opinions immediately - I AM that fickle - and the above complaints will become evidence of his winning attitude.

That's the difference between us and Yams. We're intelligent enough to know that we're petty and fickle and can adapt to suit!

sesoim
07-10-2010, 11:38 PM
This is total bull. Why would we give somebody like Willie McStay the job when there are good, proven managers out there? We need a good manager, not some "highly rated" coach. Being a good coach is a fraction of the many qualities a good manager needs.

And why the constant links to Celtiic-associated folk every time we have a vacancy? It's bad enough employing useless ex-Hibbies.

NthCarolinaHibs
07-10-2010, 11:42 PM
This is total bull. Why would we give somebody like Willie McStay the job when there are good, proven managers out there? We need a good manager, not some "highly rated" coach. Being a good coach is a fraction of the many qualities a good manager needs.

And why the constant links to Celtiic-associated folk every time we have a vacancy? It's bad enough employing useless ex-Hibbies.Glad to see you're no sitting on the fence when it comes to the tinks:top marks

Auckland Hibs
07-10-2010, 11:45 PM

And why the constant links to Celtiic-associated folk every time we have a vacancy? It's bad enough employing useless ex-Hibbies.

Behave.

Lmc2105
07-10-2010, 11:47 PM
Sorry admins Its MACDONALD not MCDONALD am a tube :thumbsup:

another one the sun have ran a story on ...

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3170388/MacDonald-bids-to-be-Hibs-boss.html

don't know whats you all think of this guy.
didn't really do a bad job at villa. apart from being trounced at newcastle

SteveHFC
07-10-2010, 11:53 PM
:pray:

NthCarolinaHibs
07-10-2010, 11:55 PM
Is there anyone in the UK no applying for the job..deary deary me..worse than a bairns Christmas list

Lmc2105
07-10-2010, 11:56 PM
Is there anyone in the UK no applying for the job..deary deary me..worse than a bairns Christmas list

ye ken what the sun are like .. anything to sell a paper

Steve Clarke would be my number 1 choice. hopefully someone can do a interview with him, if he wants it we should offer it to him

NthCarolinaHibs
08-10-2010, 12:00 AM

Steve Clarke would be my number 1 choice. hopefully someone can do a interview with him, if he wants it we should offer it to himAye, but it's no just the Sun, every media site you go on, it's somedy else in the queue:confused:

ScottB
08-10-2010, 12:10 AM
Aye, but it's no just the Sun, every media site you go on, it's somedy else in the queue:confused:

And yet half the folk on here claimed sacking Yogi so 'rashly' had made us a no go zone for other managers... :wink:

NthCarolinaHibs
08-10-2010, 12:14 AM
And yet half the folk on here claimed sacking Yogi so 'rashly' had made us a no go zone for other managers... :wink:Well, we can go round and round on that one..but anyone that says Hibs are no a draw to an out of work manager, or even one that's working, ...well, they must be a yam. No matter what way anyone looks at the situation, Hibs are the most attractive club to be working for, outwith the uglies..end of:agree:

porrohman
08-10-2010, 12:16 AM
not with a club at the moment so no compensation needs paying...took a team into the premiership...doesn`t suffer fools gladly and is known for having a ruthless streak when needed...no ex hibs or O/F connection...must have plenty contacts down south...might just be the breath of fresh air we need...would he come?...would we welcome him?

comments please

p.s. this is my first post so go easy on me.

hopefully it won`t be my last.

ScottB
08-10-2010, 12:25 AM
Well, we can go round and round on that one..but anyone that says Hibs are no a draw to an out of work manager, or even one that's working, ...well, they must be a yam. No matter what way anyone looks at the situation, Hibs are the most attractive club to be working for, outwith the uglies..end of:agree:

Definitely so :agree:

Long suffering
08-10-2010, 01:03 AM
Think he would want for too much money and wouldnt be interested tbh

NthCarolinaHibs
08-10-2010, 01:08 AM
More fish in the sea than Jewell:taxi --------------------->

GloryGlory
08-10-2010, 07:24 AM

Steve Clarke would be my number 1 choice. hopefully someone can do a interview with him, if he wants it we should offer it to him

I think anyone that blabs about wanting the job to the meeja will immediately be out of the running, given Hibs liking for keeping things quiet until there is something definite to announce.

poolman
08-10-2010, 07:29 AM
Sorry admins Its MACDONALD not MCDONALD am a tube :thumbsup:

another one the sun have ran a story on ...

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3170388/MacDonald-bids-to-be-Hibs-boss.html

don't know whats you all think of this guy.
didn't really do a bad job at villa. apart from being trounced at newcastle

But SunSport can reveal that ex-Aberdeen boss Jimmy Calderwood has had no contact so far with the club.

Lets keep it that way :agree:

YehButNoBut
08-10-2010, 07:34 AM
But SunSport can reveal that ex-Aberdeen boss Jimmy Calderwood has had no contact so far with the club.

:thumbsup: :agree:

ronaldo7
08-10-2010, 07:47 AM
I'd have this boy in a minute. Lots of experience, and most of it at the top level of Football. Nae messing wi him guys/gals.

YehButNoBut
08-10-2010, 07:56 AM
Update on Paul Hart in the Daily Record, backed by ex Falkirk goalie Scott Flinders who said despite being sacked by Barnsley for failing to lead a promotion charge from League One, the 57-year-old can be a success at Hibs according to Flinders.
He said: "As soon as he walked through the door at Barnsley he got the utmost respect of all the players.

"He's a really strict manager but a nice guy as well. He had an unlucky time at Barnsley but I really rate him."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2010/10/08/paul-hart-backed-for-hibs-hotseat-by-ex-falkirk-keeper-scott-flinders-86908-22617901/

cammy1969
08-10-2010, 07:59 AM

:thumbsup:best news ave heard all week

lucky
08-10-2010, 08:03 AM
No management experience always been a stop gap or reserve coach. Would be a risk

StevieC
08-10-2010, 08:04 AM
I'd have this boy in a minute. Lots of experience, and most of it at the top level of Football.

The downside is .. we dont play at the top level of football.

:boo hoo:

easty
08-10-2010, 08:10 AM
No management experience always been a stop gap or reserve coach. Would be a risk

The Villa players seemed to want Lerner to give him the job full time. He's credited with bringing through a lot of the young lads there as well I'm sure I heard that anyway.

Sounds like a more than decent candidate to me.

Speedway
08-10-2010, 09:01 AM
Update on Paul Hart in the Daily Record, backed by ex Falkirk goalie Scott Flinders who said despite being sacked by Barnsley for failing to lead a promotion charge from League One, the 57-year-old can be a success at Hibs according to Flinders.
He said: "As soon as he walked through the door at Barnsley he got the utmost respect of all the players.

"He's a really strict manager but a nice guy as well. He had an unlucky time at Barnsley but I really rate him."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2010/10/08/paul-hart-backed-for-hibs-hotseat-by-ex-falkirk-keeper-scott-flinders-86908-22617901/

No unlucky people need apply. Next!