PDA

View Full Version : The New Manager Mega Thread - Please Post Rumours In Here

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Alex Trager
18-10-2010, 03:11 PM
calderwoods....Pash

Mr Jolly
18-10-2010, 03:12 PM
They had a chance this time to push the boat out a little and pay the wages to attract a decent manager. Im very under whelmed if he is the man. He has to get a chance though, like everyone else.

Lofarl
18-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Just been reading what the guy said after Phil O'donnels death. As far as Im concerned I dont want a classless phanny like that anywhere near the ER, never mind the dug-out.:grr::grr::grr:

Andy74
18-10-2010, 03:16 PM
They had a chance this time to push the boat out a little and pay the wages to attract a decent manager. Im very under whelmed if he is the man. He has to get a chance though, like everyone else.

Why? did Rod win the lottery?

We pay to the limit of what we can already.

We've also seen that no matter who we appoint its what happens on the pitch that is the telling factor.

Guys like Collins, Mixu and Hughes were supposed to be exciting and inspirational leaders and have us playing exciting expansive football.

I don't think we can really tell what we will get with anyone until we get the guy in and he has a chance to get on with it. Even then as we have kept changing he'll also need a couple of years to get a team sorted out.

fishybeaver
He has already got 2 teams promoted...Clarke is unproven and only ever been an assistant..perhaps he hasnt worked with Chelski etc but he has already got two teams promoted so he cant be as bad as some make out

Baldy Foghorn
Pretty apparent Calderwood was not first choice, Clarke was not happy at the wage offer and that is why he turned the role down....

Golden Bear
18-10-2010, 03:17 PM
If it is CC then it seems as though some have written his epitaph before he's even started.

We're all doomed I tell ye!

bingo70
18-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Just been reading what the guy said after Phil O'donnels death. As far as Im concerned I dont want a classless phanny like that anywhere near the ER, never mind the dug-out.:grr::grr::grr:

what did he say?

talking_wiss
18-10-2010, 03:18 PM
He has already got 2 teams promoted...Clarke is unproven and only ever been an assistant..perhaps he hasnt worked with Chelski etc but he has already got two teams promoted so he cant be as bad as some make out

Ask a Forest fan what they think of him.....

blueisthecolour
Strachen to be sacked and walk in to hibs job straight away:wink:

ok maybe not.

Andy74
Pretty apparent Calderwood was not first choice, Clarke was not happy at the wage offer and that is why he turned the role down....

Vintage hibs.net. We make a name up and then assume he turned us down! :faf:

TheEastTerrace
if, as the BBC seem to insinuate, Colin Calderwood wasn't good enough for the job ahead of John Hughes last time around, what makes the Hibs' board think he'll be good enough this time around? Just a question every fan should be asking of Petrie and Lindsey, who let's face it, don't have a great track record in managerial appointments on the pitch.

I would love to be proved wrong, but if Calderwood is the man, very uninspiring.

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2010, 03:19 PM

Thats a good sign for next season. :wink:

Golden Bear

An over-reaction or what.

Calm doon man.

fishybeaver
Ask a Forest fan what they think of him.....

Ask a celtic fan what they think off Mowbray..bet its different to our opinion of him when he was our manager

Lofarl
18-10-2010, 03:20 PM
what did he say?

Cant find the direct quote that was in the Sun but

There was no minutes silence at the Forest game yesterday, and Calderwood said he didn't want a minutes silence/applause as there are too many nowadays and the fact that someone died in Scotland may have well been someone from Colombia who had died (pointing out that minutes silences should only be held closer to home.

Baldy Foghorn

Really:confused::confused:

Cropley10

He'll be making more income on his investments than we - or anyone else in Scotland for that matter - could offer him as a wage.

It's not about his wages - it's about what he could make of it and move on to, IMHO.

stokesmessiah
18-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Can anyone tell me where i can listen to this broadcast?

hibhib7
18-10-2010, 03:21 PM
:boo hoo:Why does nobody believe me? :boo hoo:

Dunbar Hibee
18-10-2010, 03:22 PM

I actually heard that Clarke did want a lot more and thats why he turned it down.. dunno how much truth there is in that though...

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2010, 03:22 PM

Maybe we have just been unlucky?

bighairyfaeleith
18-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Cant find the direct quote that was in the Sun but

There was no minutes silence at the Forest game yesterday, and Calderwood said he didn't want a minutes silence/applause as there are too many nowadays and the fact that someone died in Scotland may have well been someone from Colombia who had died (pointing out that minutes silences should only be held closer to home.

To be honest would we do a minutes silence if an english player dies in England?

Not read his quote and he may have been lacking tact but it's not that far from what i would have said myself to be honest

SouthMoroccoStu
18-10-2010, 03:23 PM

:rolleyes:

Shocker.......... A man who was on a reported £27,000 a week at West Ham and Chelsea was not being offer enough money by Hibernian......

Oh well, I'll support whoever comes in.

RoslinInstHibby
18-10-2010, 03:24 PM
....so Im hearing

:faf::thumbsup:no chance......

Toaods
18-10-2010, 03:24 PM
http://sitebuilder.yell.com/sb/show.do?id=SB0003431631000100

SRHibs
18-10-2010, 03:25 PM
:yawn:

Toaods
18-10-2010, 03:25 PM
greggs

YehButNoBut
18-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Anyone seen Gordon Strachan hanging around the club shop today?

talking_wiss
Ask a celtic fan what they think off Mowbray..bet its different to our opinion of him when he was our manager

Fair point, though Mowbray was sacked on the basis of appalling results. Calderwood got Forest promoted yet despite this success the fans wanted him out (they got this wish a few months later) because of the hoofball they played. If he's the man for the job let's hope he's changed his football philosophy....

hibee92
Can anyone tell me where i can listen to this broadcast?

this.

Spike Mandela
To be honest would we do a minutes silence if an english player dies in England?Not read his quote and he may have been lacking tact but it's not that far from what i would have said myself to be honest

A player dying whilst playing the game is very rare in this country(thankfully) and I think we would have respected a silence in this instance if it happened to a player in England.

stokesmessiah
18-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Anyone seen Gordon Strachan hanging around the club shop today?

:greengrin

On a side note, looks v much like hes getting bulleted today?

Nakedmanoncrack
18-10-2010, 03:27 PM
To be honest would we do a minutes silence if an english player dies in England?

Not read his quote and he may have been lacking tact but it's not that far from what i would have said myself to be honest
:agree:

Wee Scottie Dug
18-10-2010, 03:28 PM
http://sitebuilder.yell.com/sb/show.do?id=SB0003431631000100

I see what you are up to ....... pretty transparant :greengrin

stokesmessiah
this.

Not really listening is it?

Lofarl
May be so. But if we were to have a mins silence would you protest against it or just get on with it.

Every other ground in the Uk had a mins silence out of pure common decency for a event that really shocked football fans. So soon after xmas was a cruel cruel blow.

As far as Im concerened he can be right to think these comments but not say them to a newspaper.

Im sure he will be loved down at Fir park.

bighairyfaeleith
18-10-2010, 03:29 PM
A player dying whilst playing the game is very rare in this country(thankfully) and I think we would have respected a silence in this instance if it happened to a player in England.

Possibly and not looking to make a big thing of it, I'm just not sure what the relevance of us having a minutes silence would be, nice touch yes, but I don't think it should be required.

Baldy Foghorn
:rolleyes:

Shocker.......... A man who was on a reported £27,000 a week at West Ham and Chelsea was not being offer enough money by Hibernian......

Oh well, I'll support whoever comes in.

There is a little bit more to it than that, but add in the player budget then the role from Clarke's point of view would seem less interesting for him......

Wull
ther's nout on the Officiul Site aboot any o' this, are U guys sure!:grr:

bighairyfaeleith
18-10-2010, 03:30 PM
May be so. But if we were to have a mins silence would you protest against it or just get on with it.

Every other ground in the Uk had a mins silence out of pure common decency for a event that really shocked football fans. So soon after xmas was a cruel cruel blow.

As far as Im concerened he can be right to think these comments but not say them to a newspaper.

Im sure he will be loved down at Fir park.

I would respect i if the club said we where doing it, of course.

Spike Mandela
18-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Possibly and not looking to make a big thing of it, I'm just not sure what the relevance of us having a minutes silence would be, nice touch yes, but I don't think it should be required.

Think the issue is more that it shows Calderwoods lack of tact and media management. Worrying.

At The Edge
i'm hoping that SSN might be there for a live broadcast and then BBC and STV to pick it up for the news at 6ish.
I would hope that HTV will have something up tonight about it?

Andy74
Fair point, though Mowbray was sacked on the basis of appalling results. Calderwood got Forest promoted yet despite this success the fans wanted him out (they got this wish a few months later) because of the hoofball they played. If he's the man for the job let's hope he's changed his football philosophy....

So more like Hibs fans with Mixu then?

I thought people were fed up with the fancy talking about attacking football and just wanted some results?

blackpoolhibs
There is a little bit more to it than that, but add in the player budget then the role from Clarke's point of view would seem less interesting for him......

What more could Hibs have done though, than tell him his wage and budget?

Mikeystewart
18-10-2010, 03:32 PM
where would be the best place to listen out for news on the conference? i.e. radio tv?

allezsauzee
18-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Get big Caldo in then!! the last thing we need is some sensitive wee soul in charge. lets get this heartless ******** as boss to get in about the old firm

ancienthibby
18-10-2010, 03:33 PM
where would be the best place to listen out for news on the conference? i.e. radio tv?

Radio Scotland 810.

They have a sports bulletin around 5.25, so should be there with THE NAME!!

stokesmessiah
18-10-2010, 03:34 PM

That will suit our current squad with Nish, no?

Andy74
18-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Think the issue is more that it shows Calderwoods lack of tact and media management. Worrying.

So now we've moved on to picking bits out of what someone who has not been appointed yet might have said some years ago. Aye, worrying right enough. :cool2:

ancienthibby
Radio Scotland 810.

They have a sports bulletin around 5.25, so should be there with THE NAME!!

Brian McLaughlin now saying that it IS Colin C.

(Don't shoot the messenger!)

euro Hibby
good managers are used to working with good palyers so Clarke and whoever would find a whole differentgamer at EasterRoad. Lets face it the most we deserve is probably a Championship level coach used to working with a different type of player. Hughes , Mixu,Collins, were all inspiring because they were popular as players.

I think Hibs need something completely new - but we will see !

And I don't believe that in England they do a minutes silence for Scottish players ?

essexhibee
18-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Radio Scotland.

Brian mc. just been on over telephone to near enough confirm its Colin Calderwood. :yawn:

Spike Mandela
18-10-2010, 03:39 PM
So now we've moved on to picking bits out of what someone who has not been appointed yet might have said some years ago. Aye, worrying right enough. :cool2:

Even You Mr 'Hibs Pravda' can't approve of the comments he made. Stop being so sanctimonious all the time:bitchy::devil:

ajay4hibs
18-10-2010, 03:39 PM

completely agree with this

Sergio sledge
18-10-2010, 03:42 PM
Even You Mr 'Hibs Pravda' can't approve of the comments he made. Stop being so sanctimonious all the time:bitchy::devil:

What comments did he make? Anyone got a link?

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Calderwood should be sacked for those comments.

Springbank
18-10-2010, 03:48 PM
So more like Hibs fans with Mixu then?

I thought people were fed up with the fancy talking about attacking football and just wanted some results?

Quite the opposite

Scottish football as a whole is dire, and we are dearly in need of some (*any*) football on the park.

The last time Hibs played good football was the big win at Fir Park and the 1-0 win at Ibrox, both some time ago.

Clarke felt right in terms of changing that...let's see who is unveiled...

bighairyfaeleith
18-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Calderwood should be sacked for those comments.

I do wish you would be more positive about hibs managers:greengrin

SouthMoroccoStu
18-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Radio Scotland.

Brian mc. just been on over telephone to near enough confirm its Colin Calderwood. :yawn:

Why are people so down on this appointment?

Give the man a chance to prove himself.

RCNG
18-10-2010, 03:52 PM
news conference in 25 minutes

Toaods
18-10-2010, 03:52 PM

maybe Clarke fancied the job before he knew the Boro job would be on the market. They will far outweigh the resources we can offer and with a bit of luck a full season could see a League win/promotion onto the CV.

Hibs90
18-10-2010, 04:14 PM
SSN just more or less confirmed it's CC.

jonny
18-10-2010, 11:35 PM
clarke, stark, park. Announcement today or tomorrow.

:bye::taxi

I think the interview with CC has confirmed that there are no leaks at ER and all those "in the know" are full of keek.
CC has been in talks since Friday and no-one even had an incline he was in the frame.

ScottB
19-10-2010, 12:08 AM
:bye::taxi

I think the interview with CC has confirmed that there are no leaks at ER and all those "in the know" are full of keek.
CC has been in talks since Friday and no-one even had an incline he was in the frame.

It would appear that Clarke was in the frame prior to that, and only afterwards did Calderwood get contacted.

The Clarke story wasn't just a made up rumour on here. But then everyone seems to be itching to put the boot into the 'in the know' brigade round here!

jonny
19-10-2010, 12:22 AM
It would appear that Clarke was in the frame prior to that, and only afterwards did Calderwood get contacted.

The Clarke story wasn't just a made up rumour on here. But then everyone seems to be itching to put the boot into the 'in the know' brigade round here!

How do you know it wasn't!? Some posters were saying he was a sure thing and that he was going to be appointed today.
I'm not putting the boot into anyone - well perhaps a wee boot into all those that said they knew what was going on. I'm only stating a fact.

CC has been in talks since Friday and not a single person "in the know" knew. I have no doubt that there are posters on the board that are friends with people within the club or are people from within the club and are privy to information that most of us are not, however, so many people claim to be "in the know" and with all the bogus stories flying around it makes it difficult for me to believe any of the rumours posted here.

500miles
19-10-2010, 12:44 AM
What comments did he make? Anyone got a link?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article636399.ece

In the column at the side.

FWIW, I agree with him. Death at such a young age, with a young family, is always a tragedy - but for me, there are car crashes, accidents, falls and all sorts of other deaths involving people just as young, and the world doesn't stop when they happen.

Phil O'Donnell was a Scottish Football personality, familiar to fans and players of all clubs, so it was only right that we observe a silence, and take a time out to pay respects. However, there were entire stadia absent of a single body aware of Phil O'Donnell prior to his death, having a minutes' silences simply because......well.....it seemed to be the popular reaction. That sort of reaction seems, to me, a bit pointless, and could be constreud as diminishing the gestures of those who WERE more involved.