PDA

View Full Version : The New Manager Mega Thread - Please Post Rumours In Here

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Skanko79
16-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Steve Clarke is due back in Edinburgh on monday. I know where he is staying and he checks back in on monday.

Golden Bear
16-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Steve Clarke is due back in Edinburgh on monday. I know where he is staying and he checks back in on monday.

And ---------- what happens next?

:hmmm:

Skanko79
16-10-2010, 05:21 PM
And ---------- what happens next?

:hmmm:

Dunno, hopefully he will be appointed boss. :agree:

nonshinyfinish
16-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Dunno, hopefully he will be appointed boss. :agree:

:wink:

--------
16-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Or if he'd had a more capable assistant / mentor.

:agree: He could hardly have had a less capable one.

I still haven't worked out what Craig was all about....

hibbill2002
16-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Is he in the Marriot? Billy Stark was staying there last week.

Skanko79
16-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Is he in the Marriot? Billy Stark was staying there last week.

To be honest mate id rather not say, when he came for talks i was told he was there (much to the amusement of a few folk on here may i add) and he was.

He is deffo back Monday.

PaulSmith
16-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Stevenson quoted as saying he expects things to happen over the next few days.

Clarke is still my odds on fav for the job.

Gatecrasher
16-10-2010, 06:11 PM
RP told our table at BTG that we were no further on from yesterday so thats the latest :agree:

Part/Time Supporter
16-10-2010, 06:15 PM
RP told our table at BTG that we were no further on from yesterday so thats the latest :agree:

Do you know how far on they were yesterday?

:cool2:

Gatecrasher
16-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Do you know how far on they were yesterday?

:cool2:

That was the genius of the answer :greengrin

the mans a politician :agree:

stokesmessiah
16-10-2010, 06:45 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9098822.stm

Don't know if this has been posted anywhere and sorry if it is. Doesn't really say much we dont know though.

jdships
16-10-2010, 06:53 PM
what a load of bollix

And you are referring to what ?
:confused:

Wheat Hound
17-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Right, where are all the Sunday paper rumours then? Or, are there none? All I've seen thus far is Chick Young's nonentity of an article on the bbc and a line in the Hunday Mail saying Clarke is still favourite.

RickyS
17-10-2010, 03:51 PM
Right, where are all the Sunday paper rumours then? Or, are there none? All I've seen thus far is Chick Young's nonentity of an article on the bbc and a line in the Hunday Mail saying Clarke is still favourite.

Clarke was 1/6 but colin calderwood is now the favourite. clarke is available for 11/4 for those that still fancy it

http://www.skybet.com/betting/football/manager-specials/t10002896.html

Golden Bear
17-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Clarke was 1/6 but colin calderwood is now the favourite. clarke is available for 11/4 for those that still fancy it

It's now 6/4 Clarke and 2/1 Calderwood.

In other words, it's still all up in the air.

Baldy Foghorn
17-10-2010, 04:35 PM

now 6/4

Pedantic_Hibee
17-10-2010, 04:46 PM
I'd rather Jimmy Calderwood than Colin. Seriously.

Wheat Hound
17-10-2010, 04:51 PM
I'd rather Jimmy Calderwood than Colin. Seriously.

I concur, though hope it is neither and that negotiations are continuing with Clarke and that Petrie stumps up the required 5 grand a week.

James70
17-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Calderwood's statistics as a manager don't stack up too impressively though he seems to be doing ok as assistant at Newcastle. I wouldn't want to have to pay compensation to the Geordies again after the last individual we had to pay them for!

Also his comments about the minute's silence following the Phil O'Donnell tragedy didn't go down too well.

If it's between him and Clarke then please let it be Clarke.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Calderwood

RickyS
17-10-2010, 04:57 PM
I concur, though hope it is neither and that negotiations are continuing with Clarke and that Petrie stumps up the required 5 grand a week.

you know something?

Wheat Hound
17-10-2010, 05:41 PM
[/B]

you know something?

Just a whisper yesterday that's already been mentioned on the bounce that Clarke had agreed 5 grand a week with RP only to come back woth his agent and be told the 5 grand was for him and his assistant. May well be pash but then again would anyone be overly shocked if it were true?

At The Edge
17-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Just a whisper yesterday that's already been mentioned on the bounce that Clarke had agreed 5 grand a week with RP only to come back woth his agent and be told the 5 grand was for him and his assistant. May well be pash but then again would anyone be overly shocked if it were true?

Jeez i really hope thats not true, :grr:

--------
17-10-2010, 06:41 PM
It could be that Clarke is OK about coming but that the SFA are being awkward about Stark.

A wee bird suggested that Stephen Glass, who has all his certificates and is now training at East Mains, might be a suitable assistant for Clarke.

Cannae see it myself - Clarke 'n Stark, fine.

But Clark 'n Glass doesnae rhyme.

Obvious, I'd have thought. :rolleyes:

greenlex
17-10-2010, 07:43 PM

Can't imagine RP making a schoolboy mistake like that. It will be pish.

Purehibee_MYB
17-10-2010, 08:06 PM
It could be that Clarke is OK about coming but that the SFA are being awkward about Stark.

A wee bird suggested that Stephen Glass, who has all his certificates and is now training at East Mains, might be a suitable assistant for Clarke.

Aye but the two Steve's!

Manxhibs
17-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Aye but the two Steve's!

Thats a good effort from you adam :top marks

--------
17-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Aye but the two Steve's!

Disnae have the same ring to it.

Could have Avram Grant and Peter Grant - the Ugliest Management Team in the World.

They'd pay for themselves - 'grant'-aided, we'd be.

I'm away. :greengrin

hibs4eve
17-10-2010, 10:04 PM

Kings manor?

smurf
17-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Doubt Clarke does only three stars!!

ScottB
17-10-2010, 11:42 PM
Doubt Clarke does only three stars!!

If Hibs are paying for it he's lucky Rod didn't book him into the Travel Lodge :wink:

GloryGlory
18-10-2010, 07:24 AM
Today's Daily Express has it that we've made official approaches through an agent to Shamrock R and Bohemians about Michael O'Neil or Pat Fenlon. Asking about compo at this stage. Also says that Fenlon is the one the Board want. :confused: :confused:

stokesmessiah
18-10-2010, 07:48 AM
Today's Daily Express has it that we've made official approaches through an agent to Shamrock R and Bohemians about Michael O'Neil or Pat Fenlon. Asking about compo at this stage. Also says that Fenlon is the one the Board want. :confused: :confused:

I think its looking increasingly likely that someone has turned us down??? :confused:

euro Hibby
18-10-2010, 07:59 AM
don't believe Rod will be into paying compo especially since there are good managers available without clubs. Hibs will aslo be forking out for Yogi and Rice.

Whatever, whoever comes has not got an easy job. Inmy view Yogi shot himself in the foot , talking too much rather than working in silence !

steviehibsleith
18-10-2010, 08:03 AM
Billy Stark as manager and John Park number 2 anybody heard this ?

Viva_Palmeiras
18-10-2010, 08:06 AM
Serious business serious process with likely a number of candidates
Incidently how long did the board take over moggas appointment? Is that not the benchmark?
Rod seems to me to be keeping everyone on their toes - that way he keeps his options open and demands will likely be tempered if the folks really want the gig

hibs0666
18-10-2010, 08:07 AM

Got same text this morning

tomhorn
18-10-2010, 08:08 AM
Aye. Heard this too. Allegedly from a player.

Craig_in_Prague
18-10-2010, 08:09 AM

Not best pleased if true.

Wheat Hound
18-10-2010, 08:09 AM

Not sure id be happy with that, given Starks last job pre u21s was Queens Park having been punted by St Johnstone and Morton. Happy for him to be assistant but no the top man.

Steve20
18-10-2010, 08:11 AM

Yep, but hope it's not true.

Danderhall Hibs
18-10-2010, 08:14 AM

It was doing the rounds of the taxi ranks last night I think.

It's so easy to make stuff up and spread the word nowadays.

Hibbyradge
18-10-2010, 08:16 AM

It does seem that folk are prepared to believe every piece of speculation that appears in the press. They know nothing.

Tony Mowbray was announced as manager on Monday 24 May, but I have a feeling that Hibs will wait till tomorrow at the earliest, if indeed they have got their man, just to get the weekend's games and aftermath out of the way.

That's just speculation though, too.

This is fun.

Danderhall Hibs
18-10-2010, 08:19 AM
Tony Mowbray was announced as manager on Monday 24 May, but I have a feeling that Hibs will wait till tomorrow at the earliest, if indeed they have got their man, just to get the weekend's games and aftermath out of the way.

Why? What "aftermath"?

GloryGlory
18-10-2010, 08:23 AM
It does seem that folk are prepared to believe every piece of speculation that appears in the press. They know nothing.

That's just speculation though, too.

This is fun.

Please don't shoot the messenger! I reported what is in today's paper, that's all. Never said I believed a word of it (hence the :confused:). For the record (or express or sun) I don't believe what is printed in the press when they are speculating about Hibs. I wait for confirmation on the official site.

Speedway
18-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Hibernian midfielder Kevin McBride says sacked manager John Hughes phoned to wish the team well ahead of Saturday's 2-1 win over Kilmarnock.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9101148.stm

GreenPJ
18-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Hibernian midfielder Kevin McBride says sacked manager John Hughes phoned to wish the team well ahead of Saturday's 2-1 win over Kilmarnock.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9101148.stm

A magnanimous gesture.

Hibbyradge
18-10-2010, 08:42 AM
Please don't shoot the messenger! I reported what is in today's paper, that's all. Never said I believed a word of it (hence the :confused:). For the record (or express or sun) I don't believe what is printed in the press when they are speculating about Hibs. I wait for confirmation on the official site.

Sorry, if my post was a bit pointed. It was really just a general observation about folk grabbing onto any and every rumour from every and any source as if it was the word of god.

I didn't shoot you, honest. I wasn't even aiming in your direction! :greengrin

jonny
18-10-2010, 08:42 AM

He's only training at Hibs to keep fit.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-Stephen-Glass-turns-to.6584614.jp

Hibbyradge
18-10-2010, 08:43 AM
Why? What "aftermath"?

Just the reports and supplements in the papers.

Danderhall Hibs
18-10-2010, 08:48 AM
Just the reports and supplements in the papers.

Well if it's maximum exposure they're after they should announce it today - all the supplements are done by a Monday?

Assuming they're sitting on it just so it gets more lines in the papers that is.

keep the faith
18-10-2010, 08:49 AM
Out of curiosity, who was the favourite when Hibs threw a curveball with Mowbray?

I suspect speculation was not at the levels it is now, but I cant remember much about the lead up to Mogga coming.

bingo70
18-10-2010, 08:50 AM
Out of curiosity, who was the favourite when Hibs threw a curveball with Mowbray?

I suspect speculation was not at the levels it is now, but I cant remember much about the lead up to Mogga coming.

alan kernaghan

RickyS
18-10-2010, 08:52 AM
alan kernaghan
:agree: seems ridiculous now

Hibbyradge
18-10-2010, 08:53 AM

I can't remember his name, but it was a foreign chap who I said I'd heard being discussed by blazered Hibs officials in Greggs on Easter Road. :agree:

From that day, Greggs rumours were established.

One of my few achievements. :greengrin

keep the faith
18-10-2010, 08:53 AM
alan kernaghan

Ah, I do remember that now. Cheers.

El Gubbz
18-10-2010, 08:59 AM
alan kernaghan

Who?

Hibbyradge
18-10-2010, 09:00 AM
alan kernaghan

I don't think he was favourite.

He was Willie Dunn's favourite, iirc, and maybe TQM's, but not with the bookies.

Not towards the end, anyway.

MrSmith
18-10-2010, 09:09 AM
I can't remember his name, but it was a foreign chap who I said I'd heard being discussed by blazered Hibs officials in Greggs on Easter Road. :agree:

From that day, Greggs rumours were established.

One of my few achievements. :greengrin

Now all we need do is establish the "Taxi Rank" rumour... :greengrin

Hibbyradge
18-10-2010, 09:11 AM
Now all we need do is establish the "Taxi Rank" rumour... :greengrin

Too many rhyming opportunities...

keep the faith
18-10-2010, 09:21 AM
I don't think he was favourite.

He was Willie Dunn's favourite, iirc, and maybe TQM's, but not with the bookies.

Not towards the end, anyway.

Was there any rumblings about Mowbray from those "in the know"?

zlatan
18-10-2010, 09:26 AM
I'm sure it was in The Herald that Kernaghan was set to be announced the day Mowbray got the job.

I don't even think he had been quoted by bookies, or on here, when he got the job.

Hibbyradge
18-10-2010, 09:34 AM
Was there any rumblings about Mowbray from those "in the know"?

Not even a whisper.

Folk on here professed to being "totally underwhelmed" by his appointment and Rod Petrie was accused of having gone for "The Cheap Option".

Hibbyradge
18-10-2010, 09:34 AM
I'm sure it was in The Herald that Kernaghan was set to be announced the day Mowbray got the job.

I don't even think he had been quoted by bookies, or on here, when he got the job.

I think you're right.

phoenixfire
18-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Not even a whisper.

Folk on here professed to being "totally underwhelmed" by his appointment and Rod Petrie was accused of having gone for "The Cheap Option".

Dave
i think someone came up with Mowbreys name about 3 hours
before his appointment, cant remember who it was though:confused:

Wheat Hound
18-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Not even a whisper.

And the cries will, rightfully, be the same should we end up with Stark, Tangoman, Fenlon et al.

Hibbyradge
18-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Dave

Maybe, Terry, but I don't remember that.

Journalists say that everyone in the press conference were utterly surprised when Mowbray walked out.

One hack had to run out to stop their paper running a spread that someone else (can't remember who) had got it.

I'm pretty sure PC Stamp was there and will confirm all this.

Hibbyradge
18-10-2010, 09:46 AM
And the cries will, rightfully, be the same should we end up with Stark, Tangoman, Fenlon et al.

Why "rightfully"?

Personally, I'll be delighted if Stark gets the job and Fenlon intrigues me.

Tangoman isn't in the frame.

Hibs7
18-10-2010, 09:59 AM
The big issue here is that Petrie cannot afford to get this wrong again, the risk is too great, first division looms, he needs to cough up some decent money for a good manager even on £5000 a week that only needs 1000 extra supporters at the home games to cover it, If a good manager gets this team playing well then the increase in crowds will more than pay for the guy.

stokesmessiah
18-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Well i am guessing if anything was going to happen today i.e a press conference we would of heard about it by now???

khib70
18-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Why "rightfully"?

:agree:Well, agree with 2/3 of this.

Someone whose whole career has been spent in a league somewhere on a par with the Blue Square Premier doesn't really intrigue me, though.

Stark - definitely, with or without Clarke.

TonyStokeprano
18-10-2010, 10:17 AM

Is he back yet? or are the rumours true that the clarke deal is dead.....

Wheat Hound
18-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Why "rightfully"?

While I think Stark would be a good assistant or coach, I think his fairly poor to average previous experience as a manager at st j, morton and queens park doesn't bode well and, yes, he would be a cheap option. Fenlon would certainly be cheap though at least has some potential. I think RP has to really be a bit more ambitious with this appointment, preferably giving Clarke a chance.

Stevie Reid
18-10-2010, 10:19 AM
While I think Stark would be a good assistant or coach, I think his fairly poor to average previous experience as a manager at st j, morton and queens park doesn't bode well and, yes, he would be a cheap option. Fenlon would certainly be cheap though at least has some potential. I think RP has to really be a bit more ambitious with this appointment, preferably giving Clarke a chance.

Dundee Utd pulled out of a deal for Fenlon because they couldn't agree compensation, so obviously not that cheap.

bingo70
18-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Well i am guessing if anything was going to happen today i.e a press conference we would of heard about it by now???

i'm about 99% certain he won't be announced today.

the past few appointments the club gave the evening news the heads up that they'll have news but thats not happened today

Hibbyradge
18-10-2010, 10:20 AM

What if Clarke didn't interview well?

Or doesn't fancy the player budget?

What if someone else, blew them away with his ideas and ambition?

It's far too easy to scream "cheap option" etc when we actually haven't a clue about the factors which led to a decision to appoint any given manager.

Edit: Re Stark. Did you see the way the under 21's played last week. I'd buy that for a dollar.

GreenPJ
18-10-2010, 10:21 AM
Is he back yet? or are the rumours true that the clarke deal is dead.....

What rumours are there suggesting the deal is dead (or alive) for that matter?

Liberal Hibby
18-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Don't have time to wade through 28+ pages of rumours and have not kept up to date with the latest rumours/'inside info'.

Can anyone give me a one paragraph summary of where we are and when we are likely to have an announcement?

Thanks in anticipation.

bingo70
18-10-2010, 10:25 AM
What if Clarke didn't interview well?

Or doesn't fancy the player budget?

What if someone else, blew them away with his ideas and ambition?

It's far too easy to scream "cheap option" etc when we actually haven't a clue about the factors which led to a decision to appoint any given manager.

:agree:

another thing that gets me when folk moan about the cheap option is that it's not petrie thats paying him, it's the club and we're already losing money hand over fist
we can't afford anything other than a 'cheap option'.

I know that if he's a success that'll pay for him, however, thats a gamble and is that not what Dundee are getting absolutely slated for?!

TonyStokeprano
18-10-2010, 10:26 AM
What rumours are there suggesting the deal is dead (or alive) for that matter?

Someone posted on here that they had a verbal agreement and petrie went back and told clarke the wage on offer was for him and an assistant, clarke seemingly told him to bolt.

SouthMoroccoStu
18-10-2010, 10:27 AM
Don't have time to wade through 28+ pages of rumours and have not kept up to date with the latest rumours/'inside info'.

Can anyone give me a one paragraph summary of where we are and when we are likely to have an announcement?

Thanks in anticipation.

No one knows anything.

Hope that helped :greengrin

tomhorn
18-10-2010, 10:29 AM
clarke, stark, park. Announcement today or tomorrow.

1875er
18-10-2010, 10:36 AM

He sounds like the South Korean left back.

whiskyhibby
18-10-2010, 10:37 AM

Or the day after tomorrow :yawn:

GreenPJ
18-10-2010, 10:39 AM

And until then we are in the dark :greengrin

jonny
18-10-2010, 10:51 AM

Would you care to explain how it is that other than Rod Petrie you seem to be the only person that knows this?

YehButNoBut
18-10-2010, 11:00 AM

That's Raith Rovers ground isn't it? :greengrin

alanhall69
18-10-2010, 11:07 AM
billy stark and john park will be new management team :confused:

ozwoody
18-10-2010, 11:07 AM
Just noticed this on the BBC gossip site(I know :confused:) But was wondering what your reaction is if this news is correct?
Hibernian have made official approaches to find out how much it would cost in compensation should they appoint Bohemians' Pat Fenlon or Shamrock Rovers' Michael O'Neill as their new manager. (Daily Express)

Not sure I would be happy with this considering the calibre we have already been linked with,but as I say,it was just on the gossip site

Beefster
18-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Dave

I heard from a relative of an ex-chairman about 30 minutes before Mowbray was announced that it was either Mowbray or Andreas Brehmer but there was definitely nothing on the public forums on here or the Bounce as I recall checking to see if anyone claiming to have 'contacts' had come up with it.

sundo1875
18-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Source

bingo70
18-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Just noticed this on the BBC gossip site(I know :confused:) But was wondering what your reaction is if this news is correct?
Hibernian have made official approaches to find out how much it would cost in compensation should they appoint Bohemians' Pat Fenlon or Shamrock Rovers' Michael O'Neill as their new manager. (Daily Express)

Not sure I would be happy with this considering the calibre we have already been linked with,but as I say,it was just on the gossip site

I'd wait till the end of the season then throw my season ticket onto the pitch in protest then set fire to petries car :agree:

Seriously though, they wouldn't excite me and it wouldn't be what i'd go for but they're both doing good jobs where they are so might be alright.

I think it's a lot of pish though, i don't think we're after either of them.

alanhall69
18-10-2010, 11:18 AM
very very good source :thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
18-10-2010, 11:21 AM
I heard from a relative of an ex-chairman about 30 minutes before Mowbray was announced that it was either Mowbray or Andreas Brehmer but there was definitely nothing on the public forums on here or the Bounce as I recall checking to see if anyone claiming to have 'contacts' had come up with it.

My brother-in-law heard form a mate who was a mate of Mowbray's 1st wife's brother* that he was getting the job. He told me on the Saturday or Sunday but I couldn't get a bet on it.

*That's genuine BTW.

bingo70
18-10-2010, 11:24 AM
billy stark and john park will be new management team :confused:

I've no idea what John Park is like as a coach but he's just been Celtics chief scout so hopefully he'll have a decent amount of contacts, Billy stark might actually be a decent shout as manager, he could be the older head the clubs been crying out for because we've been an absolute shambles the last few years.

(bye the way, off topic, but if thats you in your avater, did you used to run the crown and cushion supporters bus?)

ScottB
18-10-2010, 11:24 AM
My brother-in-law heard form a mate who was a mate of Mowbray's 1st wife's brother* that he was getting the job. He told me on the Saturday or Sunday but I couldn't get a bet on it.

*That's genuine BTW.

I would suspect if you walked into a Bookies to put cash down on a complete unknown 100% outsider they may well suspect you know something and say no!

Danderhall Hibs
18-10-2010, 11:26 AM
I would suspect if you walked into a Bookies to put cash down on a complete unknown 100% outsider they may well suspect you know something and say no!

I was trying online and no markets were available - a mate of my brother-in-law went into a bookies (a Morrisons I think) and they wouldn't take the bet - eitehr because of what you say or because they already knew as well.

euro Hibby
18-10-2010, 11:40 AM
Big Tony would be a safe bet in that you know what you are getting for your shilling and he would hit the ground running. Mind you , if I was going to manage Hibs, I would want to see what the players are like and our lot are defo worse that they were under his last reign !

ozwoody
18-10-2010, 11:41 AM
I've no idea what John Park is like as a coach but he's just been Celtics chief scout so hopefully he'll have a decent amount of contacts, Billy stark might actually be a decent shout as manager, he could be the older head the clubs been crying out for because we've been an absolute shambles the last few years.

(bye the way, off topic, but if thats you in your avater, did you used to run the crown and cushion supporters bus?)

If its the same John Park I am thinking of,he has been at Dundee Utd and also Hibs,and was credited for coaching the youngsters during both clubs better years,im sure he was with us at time of mcleish and mowbray,and they could not speak higher of the guy if i recall

bingo70
18-10-2010, 11:47 AM
If its the same John Park I am thinking of,he has been at Dundee Utd and also Hibs,and was credited for coaching the youngsters during both clubs better years,im sure he was with us at time of mcleish and mowbray,and they could not speak higher of the guy if i recall

aye, it's the same guy and i know he's been given credit for the young guys coming through, not sure if he's ever coached anyonr older than about 17 years old though.

there's also a lot of people that think it wasn't him that brought through those young players and he was just the file carrier between the youth teams and the manager but i've no idea if thats the case or not

ScottB
18-10-2010, 11:50 AM
aye, it's the same guy and i know he's been given credit for the young guys coming through, not sure if he's ever coached anyonr older than about 17 years old though.

there's also a lot of people that think it wasn't him that brought through those young players and he was just the file carrier between the youth teams and the manager but i've no idea if thats the case or not

Well he was there when we produced the 'golden generation' and since he left there's been a lot less breaking through into the first team...

Cropley10
18-10-2010, 11:54 AM

Thanks in anticipation.

This from someone else on here should keep you up to date:

Manager will be announced on Monday, but don’t know who it is, source Lawrie Reilly, via posters mum.

Chick Young has confirmed Hibs have spoken to Clarke and Stark, source….probably the main board.

Clarke and Stark is a done deal and will be announced on Monday (ties in with Reilly’s prediction), source from a young player in the squad.

Clarke has walked away, source unknown, decent but is not always 100% correct.

Clarke is booked into a Hotel for Monday, source, poster on the main board, backed up by PM poster.

No chance of Hibs appointing Clarke, source one non playing Hibs employee.

Scala now back in the running, source third party, from one of the keepers.

Clarke will get his second interview this weekend, he is in town

Anyone who rhymes with Park or Stark or Clarke said to be in the running

Pat Fenlon and Colin Calderwood also quoted.

Basically no-one knows anything. Other than a few posters who have about 7 previous posts coming on and telling us what they heard in a :taxi: or got on a text. Almost certainly Yams on the wind-up.

Cropley10
18-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Big Tony would be a safe bet in that you know what you are getting for your shilling and he would hit the ground running. Mind you , if I was going to manage Hibs, I would want to see what the players are like and our lot are defo worse that they were under his last reign !

Big Tony took a Celtc team to St Midden and got beat 4-0. We've got to move on - he wouldn't have anywhere near the quality of player available to him this time round IMO.

Green_one
18-10-2010, 11:57 AM
For me its going to be disappointing if we do not get Clarke and a decent deputy.

If we are still in the hunt for Clarke I have to believe they will agree the deal before Saturday - say by Wednesday? If it takes much longer then they must be looking elsewhere. I am just trying to take a punt at the timetable. Clarke comes back today, final negociations, tell press contacts that a decision is made - then a press conference. If Clarke knocks them back, which is possible, then who knows what the date will be.

ozwoody
18-10-2010, 11:58 AM

Tad harsh I think,I know when he was at Dundee Utd he stole a lot of guys from under hibs and hearts radars when the boys were with tynie bc or hutchie.And it was a coup for hibs to get him as he had the contacts and he got the youngsters to Easter Road.Then he left and the conveyer belt of stars stopped coming to us and went to celtic.As you say,he has not coached top side,but as a number 2,he can spot the talent to get them in door....imho

legends of 73
Dave

me

i got a call from my mate fae the weedge who's mates with willie mcstay and he told me TM was going to be our manager i pmsl at him and told him he was an erse:greengrin:greengrin

Cropley10
For me its going to be disappointing if we do not get Clarke and a decent deputy.

If we are still in the hunt for Clarke I have to believe they will agree the deal before Saturday - say by Wednesday? If it takes much longer then they must be looking elsewhere. I am just trying to take a punt at the timetable. Clarke comes back today, final negociations, tell press contacts that a decision is made - then a press conference. If Clarke knocks them back, which is possible, then who knows what the date will be.

No. Body. Knows. Anything.:greengrin

--------

Manager will be announced on Monday, but don’t know who it is, source Lawrie Reilly, via posters mum.

Chick Young has confirmed Hibs have spoken to Clarke and Stark, source….probably the main board.

Clarke and Stark is a done deal and will be announced on Monday (ties in with Reilly’s prediction), source from a young player in the squad.

Clarke is booked into a Hotel for Monday, source, poster on the main board, backed up by PM poster.

Basically no-one knows anything. Other than a few posters who have about 7 previous posts coming on and telling us what they heard in a :taxi: or got on a text. Almost certainly Yams on the wind-up.

Good summary.

latest news: I posted my application for the job this morning. Source - ME. :greengrin

alanhall69
18-10-2010, 12:04 PM
yes used to run crown cushion .and hibs buses :grr:

legends of 73
18-10-2010, 12:06 PM

*That's genuine BTW.

you have a good memory:greengrin:greengrin apart from it was from willie mcstay who was/is a good friend of TM and is mate with my wee weedgie pal

I Love Lamp
18-10-2010, 12:10 PM

Not Sandy Clark as well :boo hoo::greengrin ?! Bad enough there's one failed St Johnstone manager in the running.

alanhall69
18-10-2010, 12:14 PM
was it not Donald park or john park who brought players on .like Derek Riordan,[3] Kenny Miller, Ian Murray, Tam McManus and Garry O’Connor.[2]:confused::confused:

SouthMoroccoStu
18-10-2010, 12:20 PM

Wow! That's a great summery of 29 pages of posts :top marks

Moulin Yarns
18-10-2010, 12:28 PM

Has to be Rod throwing in a red herring to get better odds on Clarke :wink:

hibhib7
18-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Just been told.

perthhibs
18-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Just been told.

Awful if true..

Purehibee_MYB
Told by who? Whens the announcement

Ernie Cobra
Just been told.

what is

erin-go-bragh87
18-10-2010, 12:59 PM
Just been told.

By Who?? I hope this is wrong......

At The Edge
18-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Just been told.

unless you've been told directly from Billy Stark or The Tache, or one of the others involved in the process then i'm going to have to say........source? :wink:

CyberSauzee
18-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Calderwood interviewed according to BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9102714.stm?

Newcastle assistant manager Colin Calderwood has been interviewed for the vacant managerial post at Hibernian.

Tame Tiger
18-10-2010, 01:07 PM
Major disappointment if true!!

Future17
18-10-2010, 01:07 PM
BBC reporting Calderwood has been interviewed for Hibs job......Colin Calderwood! :wink:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9102714.stm

bighairyfaeleith
18-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Calderwood(Colin) might be an interesting choice, anyone know more about him?

Craig_in_Prague
18-10-2010, 01:09 PM
can this thread please be moved to the rumours thread.

SteveHFC
18-10-2010, 01:10 PM
I will believe it when i see it.

bighairyfaeleith
18-10-2010, 01:11 PM
I will believe it when i see it.

You'd be pretty stupid not to!!:greengrin

Boris
18-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Rod let it slip in the West Stand on Saturday. Just after Killie took the lead he was heard to say "it's stark"...............:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2010, 01:13 PM
I have just rang my girlfriend who is manager of a William Hills shop, and asked her what the prices are for the new manager. She rang up head office, and they have closed the book. Make of that what you want?????????:confused:

SteveHFC
18-10-2010, 01:15 PM

From the BBC gossip collum

Manxhibs
18-10-2010, 01:17 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

I hope you're wrong, no offence

emmjayfox
18-10-2010, 01:19 PM
I have just rang my girlfriend who is manager of a William Hills shop, and asked her what the prices are for the new manager. She rang up head office, and they have closed the book. Make of that what you want?????????:confused:

The books been closed on betting for a few days now.

HibbyAndy
18-10-2010, 01:19 PM
OP drops a bomb then you dont see him for dust

:yawn:

epperstonehibby
18-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Just been told that clarke may still be coming but stark will be top man.

RoslinInstHibby
18-10-2010, 01:20 PM

:agree: bored with it now

Purehibee_MYB
18-10-2010, 01:21 PM

Maybe he went to kidnap Billy Stark, just to try and make it true

alex74
18-10-2010, 01:22 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

I hope you're wrong, no offenceCant see it if anyone has spare cash get it on Fenlon watch this SPACE:thumbsup:

stubru59
18-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Calderwood(Colin) might be an interesting choice, anyone know more about him?

He's part of an ever growing list of uninspiring and rumoured candidates for the job. That's what happens when you say nowt about nowt.

Speedway
18-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Rod let it slip in the West Stand on Saturday. Just after Killie took the lead he was heard to say "it's stark"...............:rolleyes:

He actually said 'He's Dark' referring to the Kilmarnock goalscorer.

Stark in as DOF to assist rookie manager Clarke?

Purehibee_MYB
18-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Dunno if anyone has seen this yet..

Oh dear

SouthMoroccoStu
18-10-2010, 01:33 PM
My head is starting to hurt with all this :boo hoo:

Speedway
18-10-2010, 01:38 PM
My head is starting to hurt with all this :boo hoo:

Don't worry, the more names you post up, the more likely it will be that you were right and then five years from now someone will say 'I told you about xyz before it was announced' . They just won't tell you that it was their sixth guess at who the new guy was going to be.

I still think it's Clarke or Stark or Park or Penney or Fenlon or O'Neill or Calderwood or Ince or Rainer Bonhof.

H18sry
18-10-2010, 01:42 PM

--------
18-10-2010, 01:43 PM

Behave yersel! :bitchy:

Riordans Boots
18-10-2010, 01:44 PM

..... Is wearing a braw barbour jacket :confused:

H18sry
Behave yersel! :bitchy:

I wiz just saying it's Derek McInness :devil:

lyonhibs
Would LOVE for this to be true.

Doubt it though.

--------
18-10-2010, 01:48 PM
I wiz just saying it's Derek McInness :devil:

And I was just telling you to behave yersel. :greengrin

Hibee Daz
18-10-2010, 01:49 PM
Just been told that clarke may still be coming but stark will be top man.

Clarke not so long ago was the special ones assistant at Chelski and then with Zola at West Ham, so there is no way on gods green earth he would be willing to settle for being Billy Starks assistant at Hibs!
Clarke has already stated he wants to take the plunge and be a manager in his own right!

I really hope there is still a possibility of Clarke & Stark combo though.:pray:

Purehibee_MYB
18-10-2010, 01:49 PM
Another thread to be moved to the rumours...

--------
18-10-2010, 01:51 PM
Another thread to be moved to the rumours...

This isn't a rumour - he's just being a naughty boy. :wink:

Hibbyradge
18-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Don't worry, the more names you post up, the more likely it will be that you were right and then five years from now someone will say 'I told you about xyz before it was announced' . They just won't tell you that it was their sixth guess at who the new guy was going to be.

I still think it's Clarke or Stark or Park or Penney or Fenlon or O'Neill or Calderwood or Ince or Rainer Bonhof.

Pish.

MB62
18-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Monty Python's Flying Circus.

As sensible as any of the other threads about who the next manager :brickwall

Speedway
18-10-2010, 01:54 PM
It's Friday
It's 5 to 5
It's CRACKERJACK!!

Speedway
18-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Pish.

he's got no chance of getting it.

Sergey
18-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Pish.

What price is he?

Hibbyradge
18-10-2010, 01:57 PM
I think Billy Stark would be a good choice.

I was very impressed with the way his team played last Monday against a much bigger and stronger Iceland and he's clearly good at working with young players, which is exactly what a club like Hibs needs.

Bizarrely, although we know nothing at all about Steve Clarke's ability or football philosophy or vision for the future, most folk want him to get the job.

Inexplicable, really.

Speedway
18-10-2010, 02:02 PM
If someone starts a thread with the headline 'It's Pish' I'd believe them.

Interesting that there is one candidate that's been interviewed and seems to have slipped under the radar altogether.

Rolo
18-10-2010, 02:07 PM
According to the BBC, the board have interviewed Colin Calderwood today!!!

Please no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

although according to wiki he has a win ratio of 44% as a manager which is better than anyone else in the SPL outwith the axis of evil.

thoughts?

James70
18-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Has a reputation for negative football according to Forest fans, just what we need to put bums on seats!

1875er
18-10-2010, 02:10 PM
Now on SSN ticker that Hibs have approached Newcastle to speak to Colin Calderwood.

GreenPJ
18-10-2010, 02:10 PM
According to the BBC, the board have interviewed Colin Calderwood today!!!

Please no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

although according to wiki he has a win ratio of 44% as a manager which is better than anyone else in the SPL outwith the axis of evil.

thoughts?

The initial requirements of most Hibs fans before any names got banded about were someone who did not have an existing association with the club, someone who was experienced, someone who wasn't Jimmy Calderwood.

He ticks the boxes on all counts.

Rolo
18-10-2010, 02:11 PM
That was my first thought as well

can't believe RP is even giving him the time of day tbh

Spike Mandela
18-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Hibs approach Newcastle to speak to calderwood

HIBERNIAN-0762
18-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Colin Calderwood that is! :bitchy:

No thanks! has done nowt in management in England and was a disaster at Nottingham Forest

SouthMoroccoStu
18-10-2010, 02:18 PM
:tsk tsk:Not another name to re-surface

At The Edge
18-10-2010, 02:18 PM
This to me sounds like either Hibs first choice(s) have told them to bolt over whatever and now their going for Calderwood, as 2 weeks to approach somebody is a mighty long time if hes your first choice?

Wonder if Tangoman got a slight chubby as he saw 'Hibs move in for Calderwood', then lost it as he realised it wasn't him:greengrin

Cropley10
18-10-2010, 02:20 PM

The books closed?

Probably because they don't know it will be either.... and can't cover their positions and/or don't want to be stung, by a complete outsider :dunno:

alex74
18-10-2010, 02:21 PM

No thanks! has done nowt in management in England and was a disaster at Nottingham ForestThats our new man petries done his homework we are not making an approach for nothing:wink:

Speedway
18-10-2010, 02:21 PM
He's been interviewed, calm down.

bingo70
18-10-2010, 02:22 PM

No thanks! has done nowt in management in England and was a disaster at Nottingham Forest

Did he not get Forest and Northampton promoted?

Wouldn't be my choice but i don't think it's the case that he's done nothing or been a disaster

Purehibee_MYB
18-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Did he not get Forest and Northampton promoted?

Wouldn't be my choice but i don't think it's the case that he's done nothing or been a disaster

Agreed... Not my choice I would much rather Clarke, but you're right in saying he's done nothing thats been a disaster

Hibbyradge
18-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Agreed... Not my choice I would much rather Clarke, but you're right in saying he's done nothing thats been a disaster

Why Clarke?

Cropley10
18-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Why Clarke?

Cos he worked with Mourinho :dunno: Zola :dunno: Gullit :dunno:?

And must have a lot of contact? :dunno:

Steve20
18-10-2010, 02:32 PM
I think Billy Stark would be a good choice.

I was very impressed with the way his team played last Monday against a much bigger and stronger Iceland and he's clearly good at working with young players, which is exactly what a club like Hibs needs.

Bizarrely, although we know nothing at all about Steve Clarke's ability or football philosophy or vision for the future, most folk want him to get the job.

Inexplicable, really.

Stark was very poor as manager of St Johnstone.

BigKev
18-10-2010, 02:33 PM
I've a friend who supports Forest who despises Calderwood - rates him the most negative manager he's seen at the City Ground since he started following them 20 years ago.

He rates Paul Hart higher which isn't much of a compliment!

Purehibee_MYB
Why Clarke?

He's clearly worked well with players at Chelsea and West Ham... The compensation West Ham were willing to pay shows how highly he is viewed in the coaching world. I think he is ready to step up to be in the hot seat.

and I have a bet on him at 12/1

Eganov
Sportsound Facebook page -

"Sportsound on BBC Radio Scotland New Hibs manager announced at5.15pm:more details@ www.BBC.co.uk/sportscotland"

Nothing really worthwhile mentioned on the link though. Are we drawing near?

IFONLY
Breaking news on Sky Sports Hibs ask for permission to speak to Colin Calderwood with a view to appointing him as the new manager

carlos70
18-10-2010, 02:34 PM
He's been interviewed, calm down.

How?? He's under contract at Newcastle :confused:

grantonhibee
18-10-2010, 02:38 PM
According to sky sports hibernian hav e asked for permission to talk to colin calderwood at newcastle

Judas Iscariot
18-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Oh dear

HenryMonk
18-10-2010, 02:40 PM
SSN now saying hibs will announce new manager at press conference later today!!

abit late to be asking newcastle permission to talk to him, no?

silverhibee
18-10-2010, 02:41 PM

It was Donald Park that brought these players to the club.

Lincoln Green
This guy was hopeless at Forest he's just an up in the air merchant. :grr:

There's no way his style of football would fit in at Hibs this would be a really bad choice. Considering all the names being touted this choice is grim.

SteveHFC
I would rather have him than Stark

Hibbyradge
Cos he worked with Mourinho :dunno: Zola :dunno: Gullit :dunno:?

And must have a lot of contact? :dunno:

I'm aware of his previous roles, but they don't tell us anything.

We don't know if he has any ability to set up a team, change tactics during a game, spot a player, deal with conflict, motivate youngsters or anything.

We don't know if he likes wingers or if he will do a Levein and play without strikers or if he likes to see the ball passed through the midfield or hoofed up at every opportunity.

I guess he must have a list of contacts, though.

I also guess that applies to everyone.

I was excited about him being appointed - I put money on him getting the gig way before he was anywhere near favourite - probably still am, but the more I think about it logically, the more I have doubts.

SouthMoroccoStu
18-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Sportsound Facebook page -

"Sportsound on BBC Radio Scotland New Hibs manager announced at5.15pm:more details@ www.BBC.co.uk/sportscotland"

Nothing really worthwhile mentioned on the link though. Are we drawing near?

AN END TO THE MADNESS IS IN SIGHT.............. :notworthy:

silverhibee
18-10-2010, 02:43 PM
was it not Donald park or john park who brought players on .like Derek Riordan,[3] Kenny Miller, Ian Murray, Tam McManus and Garry O’Connor.[2]:confused::confused:

Donald Park.

He was at the game at the weekend.

Hibbyradge
18-10-2010, 02:43 PM
He's clearly worked well with players at Chelsea and West Ham... The compensation West Ham were willing to pay shows how highly he is viewed in the coaching world. I think he is ready to step up to be in the hot seat.

and I have a bet on him at 12/1

Coaching players and managing a football club are entirely different animals.

I think I still hope it's Clarke, but Stark is a close second favourite.

It'll probably be Colin Calderwood now!

khib70
18-10-2010, 02:44 PM
This guy was hopeless at Forest he's just an up in the air merchant. :grr:

There's no way his style of football would fit in at Hibs this would be a really bad choice. Considering all the names being touted this choice is grim.

:agree: just what we need. A hoofball merchant. Jeezo:boo hoo:

Kaiser1962
18-10-2010, 02:47 PM
I would not be hugely disappointed at Steve Clarke but, if he's that good a coach, why did Mourinho not take him to Milan or Madrid and why's he not got a job?

Purehibee_MYB
18-10-2010, 02:48 PM
I would not be hugely disappointed at Steve Clarke but, if he's that good a coach, why did Mourinho not take him to Milan or Madrid and why's he not got a job?

Chelsea were asking for a high price for him to go...and he decided to leave with Zola...

Hibbie_Cameron
As a newcastle fan, calderwood is very highly thought of at St James' and is very popular with the players.

I would imagine they would want a fair bit of compensation though

YehButNoBut
Really hope it's not Calderwood, Colin or Jimmy. :grr:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6452684,00.html

SteveHFC
I can see it being between Steve Clarke, Tango Man and Colin Calderwood.

alex74
Coaching players and managing a football club are entirely different animals.

I think I still hope it's Clarke, but Stark is a close second favourite.

It'll probably be Colin Calderwood now!Its done and dusted now so thets get behind calderwood less of the NEGATIVES :notworthy:

fishybeaver
18-10-2010, 02:50 PM
:agree: just what we need. A hoofball merchant. Jeezo:boo hoo:

If it is him he and any other new manager will get my 100% backing..GGTTH

Cropley10
18-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Its done and dusted now so thets get behind calderwood less of the NEGATIVES :notworthy:
How, exactly, do you YOU know it IS Calderwood? :confused:

khib70
18-10-2010, 02:52 PM
If it is him he and any other new manager will get my 100% backing..GGTTH
Doesn't really matter who we appoint then, does it. Bobby Williamson, anyone?

1875Sean
18-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Press Conference at 1715 today to make announcement

alex74
18-10-2010, 02:53 PM
How, exactly, do you YOU know it IS Calderwood? :confused:Its my uncle:thumbsup:

Cropley10
18-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Its my uncle:thumbsup:

What your Uncle told you? Or Colin Calderwood is your Uncle?

bingo70
How, exactly, do you YOU know it IS Calderwood? :confused:

I believe it is him, not long to wait for official confirmation but i've been told he's got the job

Hibee_Lisa
Cant see it if anyone has spare cash get it on Fenlon watch this SPACE:thumbsup:

Thats our new man petries done his homework we are not making an approach for nothing:wink:

Its done and dusted now so thets get behind calderwood less of the NEGATIVES :notworthy:

You don't half change your mind in regards to who the new man is!

Cropley10
18-10-2010, 02:55 PM
You don't half change your mind in regards to who the new man is!

I smell ***** e

TamHibs
18-10-2010, 02:56 PM
New Hibs manager to be announced at 5.15pm on BBC Radio's Sport Scotland broadcast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yadda Yadda

alex74
What your Uncle told you? Or Colin Calderwood is your Uncle?colin told me

SteveHFC
18-10-2010, 02:57 PM
I have been told its Colin Calderwood.

Cropley10
18-10-2010, 02:58 PM
colin told me

So Colin Calderwood is your Uncle.... and you've only just found out?:confused:

Cropley10
18-10-2010, 02:59 PM
I have been told its Colin Calderwood.

Yeah I just got a text too. But did you also hear it was Clarke and Stark??:confused:

sesoim
The WRONG Calderwood. This guy failed at Notts Forest and hasn't done much else. He doesn't come across as too bright either.

Alex Trager
Who's colin calderwood?

J-C

Good to see you getting behind the new manager, even before it's official:confused:

Hibs90
Uninspiring, if true.

EskbankHibby
colin told me

Is Fenlon your uncle as well?

alex74
You don't half change your mind in regards to who the new man is!Looks like strachan has been sacked anouncment at 5

GreenPJ
18-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Whoever it it well played to the board again for keeping us guessing until the last minute.

Golden Bear
Wait & see time.

Whoever the guy is we've got to give him our full support so hopefully there will not be too much bitching if it ain't Stevie Clarke!

alex74
Is Fenlon your uncle as well?cousin

Makaveli
18-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Why would news of Calderwood being approached come out 2 hours before the announcement if it wasn't him?

Then again, as if Mr. Petrie would allow such a leak...

Wouldn't be surprised if it's someone different TBH! Hope so anyway...

mixuok
gawd no :bitchy:

khib70
Looks like strachan has been sacked anouncment at 5
Don't tell me he's your uncle as well!

Hibs90
18-10-2010, 03:02 PM
cousin

:taxi

Hal Jordan
BBC says press conference at ER at 1715 to announce Colin Calderwood as manager.

Hibbie_Cameron
Wait & see time.

Whoever the guy is we've got to give him our full support so hopefully there will not be too much bitching if it ain't Stevie Clarke!

If we appointed Sir Alex Ferguson or Jose Mourinho some people on here would still moan

EskbankHibby
Who's colin calderwood?

He's an apparently negative ex-Forest manager and current member of Newcastle coaching staff.

Once managed to irritate the entire population of Motherwell by questioning the need for a minutes silence in English grounds following the death of Phil O'Donnell (?sp).

hibee_boy
Zola and Clarke - source....player

bingo70
18-10-2010, 03:03 PM
The WRONG Calderwood. This guy failed at Notts Forest and hasn't done much else. He doesn't come across as too bright either.

did he not get them promoted :confused:

khib70
18-10-2010, 03:04 PM
:faf:
But grovelling apologies and dancing in the street if you're right:thumbsup:

Cropley10
cousin

Yeah I just heard the same.

Source Alex 74

jonny
If we appointed Sir Alex Ferguson or Jose Mourinho some people on here would still moan

doubt it.

Alex Trager
What player?

Hibs90
Anyway, thought those in the know were certain it was Clarke? :greengrin

DC_Hibs
BBC says press conference at ER at 1715 to announce Colin Calderwood as manager.

This article here says that does it??????????????????

BigKev
18-10-2010, 03:05 PM

:thumbsup:

Hope Zola's your cousin! or Uncle...

hibee_boy
....so Im hearing

EskbankHibby

Gary Player?

Judas Iscariot
18-10-2010, 03:06 PM
....so Im hearing

Hal Jordan
18-10-2010, 03:07 PM
It did before they edited the headline!!!!!

7Hero
18-10-2010, 03:08 PM
brilliant post mate.

Dashing Bob S
I know there's all the stuff about giving somebody a chance and getting behind the new guy, but compared to Steve Clarke, Colin Calderwood is a dull, uninspired and ultimately hugely disappointing appointment. So let's not fanny about by trying to put a brave face on it.

It smacks of an unimaginative holding job, he'll clear out some players and bring in some others, but its hard to see much in way of progress taking place under his eighteen month tenure. At least the new east is high so the necks won't get as strained watching the hoofball.

Would be delighted to be proven wrong, but as they say, watch this space.

Golden Bear
....so Im hearing

Guid yin.

calumhibee1
:boo hoo:

RickyS

how sure are you?

allezsauzee
18-10-2010, 03:09 PM

:faf:.....take away Forest and replace Aberdeen for Tangoman

paxtonhibby
18-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Wait & see time.

Sorry,I draw the line at Strachan.Horrible little man that.

hibee_boy
18-10-2010, 03:11 PM
What player?

Edwin

sesoim
18-10-2010, 03:11 PM
If it is COLIN Calderwood, I am shocked and VERY disappointed. The other Calderwood has a much better record in management. Colin Calderwood strikes me as a bit of a thicky, and we've already had one of them in charge very recently. But insults aside, he did not do a good job at Notts Forest, he was unpopular there, so why are we interested in him?

Petrie should not have been allowed to make an other appointment.