PDA

View Full Version : The New Manager Mega Thread - Please Post Rumours In Here

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

PaulSmith
13-10-2010, 07:06 AM
Same guy that was with Hearts as a player?

Totally uninspiring and a big no thanks from me.

Hibby Kay-Yay
13-10-2010, 07:07 AM
I can see why Petrie was drawn to the name on his CV though

poolman
13-10-2010, 07:15 AM
Must be true then. :wink:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/10/13/dave-penney-in-frame-for-hibs-hotseat-after-easter-road-talks-86908-22630471/

The Weegie rag says "it's understood" that he's had an interview

Probably a sheer guess on their part then :rolleyes:

Toaods
13-10-2010, 07:26 AM
Think he was interviewed for the cleaning job in the FF.

Green_one
13-10-2010, 07:28 AM
Doncaster, Darlington, Doncaster and then thrown out of Oldham - NO THANKS

Not even played at a high level.

Small time manager. The players will eat him.

TrickyNicky
13-10-2010, 07:39 AM
I can see why Petrie was drawn to the name on his CV though

Who's next - Dong fae Vietnam !

footnote: The Vietnamese " Dong " is currently the least valued currency in the world - 19, 347 dong per dollar.

Now that's god bang fir yer buck !

Lucius Apuleius
13-10-2010, 07:45 AM

footnote: The Vietnamese " Dong " is currently the least valued currency in the world - 19, 347 dong per dollar.

Now that's god bang fir yer buck !

Or even a lot of bangs for your buck. (allegedly)

No thanks to this gadgie, never heard of him.

davemcbain
13-10-2010, 07:49 AM

Never lost a game football match has old dong. :wink:

stevenhibs
13-10-2010, 07:51 AM
Ha ha!

Idiot reporter 1:- "hey Dave, fancy coming down to leisureland at lunch to play the penny machines?"

Idiot reporter 2 :- "what??? Dave Penney is getting he Hibs job?"

The Weegie rag says "it's understood" that he's had an interview

Probably a sheer guess on their part then :rolleyes:

Leithenhibby
13-10-2010, 08:04 AM
"It's understood the 46-year-old has been interviewed at Easter Road as the club seek a successor to John Hughes".

Nuff said as far as I'm concerned.. move along now, nothing to see.. :cool2:

Hibby D
13-10-2010, 08:12 AM
Isn't it a relief to know you're not the only one who thinks "Who?:confused:"

I'm with the rest of you....RP's interviewed him out of respect for his surname :greengrin

James70
13-10-2010, 08:22 AM
I wouldn't worry, he doesn't stand a chance now that the news has leaked.

Golden Bear
13-10-2010, 08:24 AM
I wouldn't worry, he doesn't stand a chance now that the news has leaked.

I hope that theory doesn't apply to a certain other candidate!

SouthMoroccoStu
13-10-2010, 08:37 AM
"It's understood the 46-year-old has been interviewed at Easter Road as the club seek a successor to John Hughes".

Nuff said as far as I'm concerned.. move along now, nothing to see.. :cool2:

:top marks well said that man

Speedway
13-10-2010, 08:38 AM
For all we know, Hibs could have sent Tam McCourt to interview him. There's nothing to suggest that he was interviewed by RoPe or Lindsay.

I think the directors would do the club a disservice if they didn't explore every avenue open to them with regard to the new manager, whether the candidate is small time or otherwise.

We know that someone looking like Steve Clarke has been seen in a certain hotel with Scott Lindsay and Garry O'Hagen and we know that he's the bookies favourite, in many places you can't even get odds on him now.

Ultimately I think, that the candidate that impresses the board the most and accepts the terms on offer, will be the new manager of Hibernian.

Let's see what transpires.

chrisski33
13-10-2010, 08:49 AM
another name in the hat! Im sure there have been others interviewed. Whats happened to the announcement of steve clarke that others said was due? Hmmm

aljo7-0
13-10-2010, 08:55 AM
Dave Penney

:hmmm: With theTache's accountancy background and leanings - he may well have been interested in speaking with this guy as "if you look after the pennies the pounds will look after themselves"!

chrisski33
13-10-2010, 08:59 AM
another name in the hat! Im sure there have been others interviewed. Whats happened to the announcement of steve clarke that others said was due? Hmmm

jonny
13-10-2010, 09:02 AM

:dunno::dunno::dunno:

Is it that we've been fed misinformation...... hope not but I dont trust the rumours.

J-C
13-10-2010, 09:04 AM
Erm! no ta, totally uninspiring if true, a definate lower division manaher who'll be there most of his career, if true then looks like Rodders is after the cheap option yet again and the club will go downhill fast.

HenryMonk
13-10-2010, 09:13 AM

i dont know, maybe mikey "admin understands" can clear this up!!
but according to some other C kano is in the know because he pays 1000 quid for his ST!! there is no such privallage!!

Hiber-nation
13-10-2010, 09:16 AM
Same guy that was with Hearts as a player?

Totally uninspiring and a big no thanks from me.

Office yam says that was some useless numpty called Steve Penney in 1991.

Aldo
13-10-2010, 09:22 AM
If and thats a big IF....he has been interviewed then sorry this is not the calibre of manager I want at ER.

If RP puts someone like Penney in charge then our already half filled stadium will be emptier than ever.

He knows this and needs a name to fill the hotseat to put bums on seats. I do realise that there is a lot of paper talk but I would like to think we would be able to attract the likes of Clarke, Hart etc to ER.

Cannot really see anyone being appointed before the weekend but hopefully early next week.

flash
13-10-2010, 09:29 AM
If and thats a big IF....he has been interviewed then sorry this is not the calibre of manager I want at ER.

If RP puts someone like Penney in charge then our already half filled stadium will be emptier than ever.

He knows this and needs a name to fill the hotseat to put bums on seats. I do realise that there is a lot of paper talk but I would like to think we would be able to attract the likes of Clarke, Hart etc to ER.

Cannot really see anyone being appointed before the weekend but hopefully early next week.

Do you mean the stadium would be half empty even if this guy was appointed and did a really good job?

Golden Bear
13-10-2010, 09:42 AM
Nominated for Manager of the month then he leaves couple of days later?

:confused:

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~2042710,00.html

Barney McGrew
13-10-2010, 09:48 AM

He knows this and needs a name to fill the hotseat to put bums on seats

We don't necessarily need a 'name' as manager. We need a manager who will get the team winning games. That will put bums on seats, whether people have heard of them or not.

I'm fairly sure people didn't rush out to buy tickets when Tony Mowbray was first appointed :wink:

I'm sure most people would happily settle for a winner that they've never heard of before rather than a loser that they know.

blackpoolhibs
13-10-2010, 10:57 AM
While i dont want him, he's a well respected manager down here. His teams play great football and i think he'd do a good job. But he played for that lot, and i'd prefer Clarke.

--------
13-10-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm almost certain that it'll be somebody wearing a suit and a daft, slightly embarrassed smile while holding a scarf with HIBERNIAN emblazoned on it over his head.

I would have massive respect for the first manager who just refused to do this muppet media pose.

:agree:

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

Sir David Gray
13-10-2010, 11:22 AM
While i dont want him, he's a well respected manager down here. His teams play great football and i think he'd do a good job. But he played for that lot, and i'd prefer Clarke.

No, he didn't.

As someone has said a bit earlier, that was Steve Penney (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Penney_(footballer)) and we are being linked with Dave Penney (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Penney).

Franck is God
13-10-2010, 11:30 AM

I think and hope that it will end up being Clarke but we could do a lot worse than Penney (and he never played for Hearts)

He did a fantastic job at Doncaster, bringing them out of the Conference and then two further promotions and is still considered a bit of a legend there. I remember him leaving Oldham, he had just picked up MOM and was sitting near the top of the league, it was a bit weird and nobody knew what was going on, they brought in Joe Royal to try and appease the fans and they just fell away.

Either of these two would be very good appointments imo.

Emerald
13-10-2010, 11:44 AM
If RP grabbed this guy between his thumb and index finger, would he be classed as a Penney pincher? :greengrin

proud_and_green
13-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Office yam says that was some useless numpty called Steve Penney in 1991.

You only have one for your whole office!! Jeez that's rough, i thought every good Hibby was entitled to one Yam each to do the cleaning and other such ****ty jobs - don't let them near your food though!

I have just been informed that the office Yams are not for my own use they are actually humans. Well you learn something every day!!! Still not entirley convinced though!

TrickyNicky
13-10-2010, 11:52 AM
No, he didn't.

As someone has said a bit earlier, that was Steve Penney (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Penney_(footballer)) and we are being linked with Dave Penney (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Penney).

Mmmmmm, the penney drops - the Tash will get both - in for a penney, in for a pound.

As Petrie has tattooed in olde English across his stomach:

" A penney saved is a penney earned "

scott7_0(Prague)
13-10-2010, 11:58 AM
From Tribal Football via NewsNow

Hibs are keen to speak with Aston Villa reserves coach Kevin MacDonald about the manager's job.

The Scot was Villa’s caretaker manager after Martin O’Neill left and before Gerard Houllier sorted out his starting date.

MacDonald, 49, has gone back to his job as reserve team boss, a post he has held for years and where he has overseen the rise of some of Villa’s best kids.

But now he may be ready to make the break and take up a manager’s job in his own right. His name is on the shortlist at Hibs, who lost boss John Hughes after a miserable start to the season and are looking for a top replacement.

darrenmcintosh2
13-10-2010, 12:07 PM
I would welcome Kevin macdonald as hibs new gaffer.

1 he is scottish
2 as reserve coach he will know how too lookl at our reserves and youth squad and Know when a player is ready for a chance. This will allow some more youngsters too be brought out the academy
3 the dedication that the villa players gave macdonald show that he is a respected person within the dressing room.

Think he would be a cracking appointment

NOLA
13-10-2010, 12:10 PM
pretty sure he said that after his spell as caretaker at villa, he wouldnt be a manager again, didnt enjoy it.

Manxhibs
13-10-2010, 12:16 PM
I think this would be a very good appointment for us. The Villa players were crying out for him to become the new manager, shows he is well respected. Still want clarke mind.

darrenmcintosh2
13-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Just browsed a villa forum And according to them. Macdonald is offski lol

Vini1875
13-10-2010, 12:38 PM
We have been linked with almost anyone who could take the job, because no one in the media have a clue who is likely to be the next manager.

euro Hibby
13-10-2010, 12:45 PM
This would actually be a good choice. He knows his football, has player respect and might want something to prove ! He would also be within our budget !

darrenmcintosh2
13-10-2010, 12:49 PM
We have been linked with almost anyone who could take the job, because no one in the media have a clue who is likely to be the next manager.

Your exactly right. It's just speculation. That's all the media can do is speculate and rumor who they think could be the next gaffer. The likes of Ricky sbragia if that's The spelling is being throwen into the mix because he was seen in a shirt and tie in the toon. On Monday night.

Speedway
13-10-2010, 01:06 PM
As they say
"Not often you are right but this time you are definately wrong" :greengrin

From "Scotsman"
19 December 2007
By DAVID HARDIE
THE day generations of Hibs stars dreamed of finally arrived today as the Easter Road club officially opened its £4.2million state-of-the-art training centre.
And immediately boss John Collins claimed there wasn't a football manager in the world who wouldn't be proud to have the East Mains Training Centre, built on more than 50 acres of land near Ormiston, at their disposal.

As often seems to happen with your goodself you need to do a bit more research before commiting to print !!:wink:
:bye:

Really?

Pretty sure Collins departed the very next day after EM was opened.

He did.

Collins definitely quit a day or so after EM's was opened.

He did.

I'm certain it was the next day.

It was.

Thats what i said .

It was

But the point being was JC was around, even if it was just a day or two :wink:

Not a lot of time to get 'info coming from players at EM' though is it?

Collins was around when it was opened allright :agree: Thiers a big **** of picture of him cheesing somewhere outside EM'S:agree:

He just never hung around.

True

Yes he resigned 20/12/2007 .
Therefore he WAS at EM, albeit for only one day :wink:

That doesn';t detract from his lack of man management skills towards my two you rellies who were part of his squad beit at EM or Wardie Playing Fields :greengrin

"Fact are facts" like them or not !!! :agree:

So it wouldn't have been 'information coming out of EM' then.

As often happens with your good self, perhaps you should do a bit more research before commiting things to print :greengrin

East Mains had been being used months before the "official" opening with STF, RP and JC all singing it's praises.

How long did we use it for with JC in charge and man managing at the sessions?

Perspective
13-10-2010, 01:47 PM
Yes he resigned 20/12/2007 .
Therefore he WAS at EM, albeit for only one day :wink:

That doesn';t detract from his lack of man management skills towards my two you rellies who were part of his squad beit at EM or Wardie Playing Fields :greengrin

"Fact are facts" like them or not !!! :agree:

You keep trotting out this same line about your 'young rellies'.

It's not a fact, as you put it. I've spoken to several members of his first-team squad who raved about his man-management abilities.

You can't say as a fact that his man-management skills are poor. It's a subjective, matter of opinion.

You've already made yourself look daft with the East Mains comments. This is another statement that you're way off the mark with. Not saying every player loved working under JC, but you can't generalise either.

Golden Bear
13-10-2010, 01:57 PM
You keep trotting out this same line about your 'young rellies'.

It's not a fact, as you put it. I've spoken to several members of his first-team squad who raved about his man-management abilities.

You can't say as a fact that his man-management skills are poor. It's a subjective, matter of opinion.

You've already made yourself look daft with the East Mains comments. This is another statement that you're way off the mark with. Not saying every player loved working under JC, but you can't generalise either.

I still think JC might make a comeback in the hot seat.

We could do worse!

J-C
13-10-2010, 02:12 PM
The Villa players had a lot of time for him and seemed to give their all, good pedigree and maybe ready to step into managemant in his own right, take him in a heart beat.

KiddA
13-10-2010, 02:19 PM
From Tribal Football via NewsNow

I would take Steve Clarke way before Kevin MacDonald as his resume is night and day compared to MacDonald's :agree: but who know who we are gonna get. Im starting to get a little anxious :worried:

Golden Bear
13-10-2010, 02:21 PM

I've no doubt that things are progressing behind the scenes and if it means ensuring that the best Manager is selected from a preferred list of candidates then a few more days will not make much difference in the grand scheme of things.

The new guy could achieve instant hero status if he gets the right result in the next Derby.

Either that or he'll be greeted with the time honoured fashion of a rousing BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.!

blackpoolhibs
13-10-2010, 02:27 PM
I think and hope that it will end up being Clarke but we could do a lot worse than Penney (and he never played for Hearts)

He did a fantastic job at Doncaster, bringing them out of the Conference and then two further promotions and is still considered a bit of a legend there. I remember him leaving Oldham, he had just picked up MOM and was sitting near the top of the league, it was a bit weird and nobody knew what was going on, they brought in Joe Royal to try and appease the fans and they just fell away.

Either of these two would be very good appointments imo.

Phew, well he's a fine candidate now.:greengrin

greenlex
13-10-2010, 03:09 PM
I had heard one of the Chilean miners had been offered the job but burned it down. He said he woud rather stay where he was

Hibee Daz
13-10-2010, 03:10 PM
pretty sure he said that after his spell as caretaker at villa, he wouldnt be a manager again, didnt enjoy it.

I think your right, I'm sure I heard him say that on a sky sports news interview!

But you are allowed to change your mind so you never know, however he does fall into the gamble bracket that folk keep mentioning as, he has also never been a manager in his own right!

IWasThere2016
13-10-2010, 03:10 PM
While i dont want him, he's a well respected manager down here. His teams play great football and i think he'd do a good job .. i'd prefer Clarke.

I agree :faint: 100% :faint: first in a long long time :faint:

Jonnyboy
13-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Must be true then. :wink:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/10/13/dave-penney-in-frame-for-hibs-hotseat-after-easter-road-talks-86908-22630471/

The same newspaper that exclusively revealed Alan Kernaghan was about to be named as the new Hibs manager .............. then Mowbray walked in :wink:

MSK
13-10-2010, 03:18 PM
I had heard one of the Chilean miners had been offered the job but burned it down. He said he woud rather stay where he wasHoly smoke !!! :rolleyes:

:greengrin

smurf
13-10-2010, 03:21 PM
If that 'Newspaper' says anything about us it can instantly be dismissed as tosh. Indeed I would doubt we had won a game I had actually experienced if I read the score in that anti Hibs rag.

blackpoolhibs
13-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Does anyone know of a football manager with the surname pounds? Becaue if we are in for a penney, we gotta be in for a pound. :offski:

persevere1875
13-10-2010, 03:55 PM
I wish they'd just hurry up and get on with it, seem to spend more time on here checking the latest news than doing anything else, its seriously doing my head in, If its Clarke just get him signed and let us all know, if its not then just hurry up and put me out my misery an let me know :grr::grr:

RickyS
13-10-2010, 03:56 PM
I wish they'd just hurry up and get on with it, seem to spend more time on here checking the latest news than doing anything else, its seriously doing my head in, If its Clarke just get him signed and let us all know, if its not then just hurry up and put me out my misery an let me know :grr::grr:

me too mate, c'mon Petrie get it sorted:grr:

Hibs90
13-10-2010, 03:59 PM
So it turns out it wasn't Clarke then? Or is that rumour still going?

Penney? MacDonald? Who?!

MSK
13-10-2010, 04:07 PM
So it turns out it wasn't Clarke then? Or is that rumour still going?

Penney? MacDonald? Who?!Ah ..the suspense ...:greengrin

Hibee Daz
13-10-2010, 04:15 PM

Persevere by name but not by nature eh:confused:

I know what you mean though bud, I'm really starting to get on the wife's breasticles with my constant checking for updates!:sofa:

I even check SSN repeatedly even though their coverage of SPL news is absolutely woeful.:grr:

Hibee Daz
13-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Ah ..the suspense ...:greengrin

And women wonder why we like football and not soap opera's.:hmmm:

supershotmo
14-10-2010, 08:16 AM
With all the rumours flying around I will not take this too seriously but workmates friend works at Edinburgh Airport and he seen Mowbray being collected this morning.

Cant see this being true.

RickyS
14-10-2010, 08:23 AM
With all the rumours flying around I will not take this too seriously but workmates friend works at Edinburgh Airport and he seen Mowbray being collected this morning.

sure I seen on here somewhere recently that he had moved back up the road?

s.a.m
14-10-2010, 08:41 AM

Uh-huh............but if he was neither: 1) getting on a number 26 bus, nor 2) carrying crates of fish IT DOESN'T COUNT!!!!!!!!!!! You should know this by now:rolleyes:

Gregor
14-10-2010, 08:51 AM

Tony is still on garden leave at celtc and no doubt dotting about the place. If he was to return to the Hibs, somebody would have to pay off the rest of his contract with the smellies.

Note that he and The Tasche are still pally, so there is a vague possibilty he's having up for a chat with The Board about the ideal qualities for wur new manager. I just thought I'd throw that supposition in there to annoy folk :worms:

ancienthibby
14-10-2010, 09:06 AM
Tony is still on garden leave at celtc and no doubt dotting about the place. If he was to return to the Hibs, somebody would have to pay off the rest of his contract with the smellies.

Note that he and The Tasche are still pally, so there is a vague possibilty he's having up for a chat with The Board about the ideal qualities for wur new manager. I just thought I'd throw that supposition in there to annoy folk :worms:

Don't think either of these statements is true!

The Celtic FC accounts for this year show that they took a charge of £1.718 million for the early termination of employees' contracts (no names mentioned), so nothing remains to be paid off by a.n.o.!!

Also, if Celtic tried to delay paying out a contract for an employee who they had sacked, they would be very quickly come up against employment legislation which is now very heavily weighted in favour of the employee!!

EskbankHibby
14-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Just seen Pressley in Easter Road buying a bridie.

Former internationalist doing a great managerial job for his current club, played at a high level with contacts in both Scotland and England.

Fair enough he used to be Hearts captain but he was apparently killing the club every day he was there which can't be a bad thing.

Gregor
14-10-2010, 09:39 AM

The Celtic FC accounts for this year show that they took a charge of £1.718 million for the early termination of employees' contracts (no names mentioned), so nothing remains to be paid off by a.n.o.!!

Also, if Celtic tried to delay paying out a contract for an employee who they had sacked, they would be very quickly come up against employment legislation which is now very heavily weighted in favour of the employee!!

No idea who that could be - but is there a possibilityit could have been former players (i.e. Wilson) or coaching staff?

Also, I didn't say they had delayed paying out Mowbray. I said he's on garden leave which means he's still getting his agreed contractual fee. It's commonplace to do this when you wish to replace contractors not up to the job (you don't employ contractors, they employ themselves and you contract them). While Mowbray is no longer managing the smellies, he's still contracted to celtc ; difference is, instead of managing the coaching staff, he's merely managing his rose bushes until his contract expires. Suspect part of this obligation is that he needs to keep his gob shut while still employed by the club which will be why you've heard chuff all from the big man.

I would imagine Boro are keeping tabs on him and vice versa. Mind, he had a clause in his Hibs contract that if approaches were made by Boro or the smellies that he would be allowed to talk to them so the affection was there at that point. His record in the championship with WBA shows he'd be the ideal chap to get them out the unpleasantness they currently find themselves in.

Golden Bear
14-10-2010, 09:49 AM
Just seen Pressley in Easter Road buying a bridie.

Former internationalist doing a great managerial job for his current club, played at a high level with contacts in both Scotland and England.

Fair enough he used to be Hearts captain but he was apparently killing the club every day he was there which can't be a bad thing.

Future Hibernian Manager material perhaps - but not just now.

Phil MaGlass
14-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Mate of mine just saw Mowbray and what he said looked like Petrie in the Caledonian Hotel having coffee.

Sanger
14-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Mourinho in Greigs Easter Rd have a cup of tea and suasage roll with what looked like Farmer!

ancienthibby
14-10-2010, 10:18 AM
No idea who that could be - but is there a possibilityit could have been former players (i.e. Wilson) or coaching staff?

Also, I didn't say they had delayed paying out Mowbray. I said he's on garden leave which means he's still getting his agreed contractual fee. It's commonplace to do this when you wish to replace contractors not up to the job (you don't employ contractors, they employ themselves and you contract them). While Mowbray is no longer managing the smellies, he's still contracted to celtc ; difference is, instead of managing the coaching staff, he's merely managing his rose bushes until his contract expires. Suspect part of this obligation is that he needs to keep his gob shut while still employed by the club which will be why you've heard chuff all from the big man.

I would imagine Boro are keeping tabs on him and vice versa. Mind, he had a clause in his Hibs contract that if approaches were made by Boro or the smellies that he would be allowed to talk to them so the affection was there at that point. His record in the championship with WBA shows he'd be the ideal chap to get them out the unpleasantness they currently find themselves in.

1. You're clearly living on a different planet if you think that the sum of £1.7 million does not include the full pay-outs for Mowbray and Venus.

2. Bollocks re garden leave. Mowbray was an employee and not a contractor and he is well protected by employment legislation. To do as you suggest would be an infringement of his opportunities to work and no employer can get away with that!!

Also, garden leave applies when an employee accepts an offer from another employer and his current employers then put him on 'garden leave' on all his standard terms of employment until his contracted notice period expires. For the record, Mowbray was fired and garden leave does not apply.

He is being quiet without a doubt because his termination agreement will call for that.

GraniteCityHibs
14-10-2010, 10:30 AM
Mate of mine just saw Mowbray and what he said looked like Petrie in the Caledonian Hotel having coffee.

http://becauseican.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/magnum_pi_tom_selleck.jpg

Phil MaGlass
14-10-2010, 11:04 AM
thats him,so he told me.

ScottB
14-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Mowbray would be an utter disaster and I for one will be pretty bloody disappointed with that appointment should it happen.

alex74
14-10-2010, 11:23 AM
Mowbray would be an utter disaster and I for one will be pretty bloody disappointed with that appointment should it happen.why would it be disappointing

HenryMonk
14-10-2010, 11:27 AM
why would it be disappointing

because tony arrived at a very good time! this time no golden generation coming thru.
and also we've got a worse defence, and we all know how our defending was like under him last time!
and secondly we have a far worse offensive line.
and its been proved at smellies and west brom he cant cut it.

Ritchie
14-10-2010, 11:28 AM
Mowbray would be an utter disaster and I for one will be pretty bloody disappointed with that appointment should it happen.

i would be delighted if we appointed Mowbray.*

he'd come back and finish what he started.

also think he's be far more comitted and loyal to us this time around as he wont be so quick to jump at a big job offer after the Celtic experience.

come back tony :pray:

*only if he does not bring martis back to hibs :wink:

SMAXXA
14-10-2010, 11:29 AM

How do you know it would be a disaster? Im not ruling anyone out or in but all I would say is regardless of who is appointed I couldnt say if it would be good or a nightmare! I will let time be the judge of that :agree:

MB62
14-10-2010, 11:33 AM

He's not for me. Had his chance, left befoer he was booted IMO, which was lucky for us, then was quite disgraceful in his attitude towards us on his return to the dodgers.

I certainly don't rate him as highly as a manager as it seems others do.

ScottB
14-10-2010, 11:36 AM
How do you know it would be a disaster? Im not ruling anyone out or in but all I would say is regardless of who is appointed I couldnt say if it would be good or a nightmare! I will let time be the judge of that :agree:

Well obviously it's my opinion, but for me there's a ridiculous amount of green tinted specs going on when it comes to Mowbray.

Yes we played good stuff under him, but he had the benefit of turning up just as our youth system churned out 6 or 7 top players, all of them better than anything we have now. Our current midfield is woefully incapable of bringing back the much vaunted Mowbray passing game and to me, when we fail to start playing like that again, there'd be a fair few folk on his back immediately.

Secondly, while he brought in some quality players, he also brought in a level of huddie unequaled by any other manager, and let's not forget Zibby, the single worst goalkeeper I've ever laid eyes on.

At Celtic he p1ssed a fortune up the wall on a whole host of awful players, his team played like crap and went through about the worst run of results I can ever remember Celtic having, the man himself seemed to lack any heart for the fight and started talking about leaving football.

Good memories should stay where they belong. A return for Mowbray would be even more sentimental than our much maligned habit of appointing ex players.

alex74
14-10-2010, 11:39 AM
How do you know it would be a disaster? Im not ruling anyone out or in but all I would say is regardless of who is appointed I couldnt say if it would be good or a nightmare! I will let time be the judge of that :agree:come back tony mowbray so what if the defence were a bit shakey,what about the way he had us playing football joy to watch even thou we never won anything i would happily pay my money to watch fast flowing football

HFC 0-7
14-10-2010, 11:39 AM
1. You're clearly living on a different planet if you think that the sum of £1.7 million does not include the full pay-outs for Mowbray and Venus.

2. Bollocks re garden leave. Mowbray was an employee and not a contractor and he is well protected by employment legislation. To do as you suggest would be an infringement of his opportunities to work and no employer can get away with that!!

Also, garden leave applies when an employee accepts an offer from another employer and his current employers then put him on 'garden leave' on all his standard terms of employment until his contracted notice period expires. For the record, Mowbray was fired and garden leave does not apply.

He is being quiet without a doubt because his termination agreement will call for that.

Not true I am afraid. In my last job there were redundancies as the business was closing down the office. Everyone had 9 months to find a new job, some people were put on gardening leave as they were not pulling there weight and having an adverse effect on remaining staff.

The 1.7 million could well be the combined annual salary of Tony Mowbray and Mark Venus. That would equate to about 17K per week for both Mowbray and Venus, which is probably about right for an old firm manager. Maybe Mowbray accepted this offer to step aside. That way he would be able to take a break and still get paid and for Celtics benefit, if anyone did want Mowbray then they would recoup anything left on his contract.

ScottB
14-10-2010, 11:47 AM
come back tony mowbray so what if the defence were a bit shakey,what about the way he had us playing football joy to watch even thou we never won anything i would happily pay my money to watch fast flowing football

Problem is, he had Brown, Thomson and Boozy for that. Anyone think the likes of Rankin are capable of that? Or that we have anything like the budget to source players who could?

We need nice football yes, but we also need a team that can take on the St Mirrens of this world without being kicked off the park.

James70
14-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Well obviously it's my opinion, but for me there's a ridiculous amount of green tinted specs going on when it comes to Mowbray.

Yes we played good stuff under him, but he had the benefit of turning up just as our youth system churned out 6 or 7 top players, all of them better than anything we have now. Our current midfield is woefully incapable of bringing back the much vaunted Mowbray passing game and to me, when we fail to start playing like that again, there'd be a fair few folk on his back immediately.

Secondly, while he brought in some quality players, he also brought in a level of huddie unequaled by any other manager, and let's not forget Zibby, the single worst goalkeeper I've ever laid eyes on.

At Celtic he p1ssed a fortune up the wall on a whole host of awful players, his team played like crap and went through about the worst run of results I can ever remember Celtic having, the man himself seemed to lack any heart for the fight and started talking about leaving football.

Good memories should stay where they belong. A return for Mowbray would be even more sentimental than our much maligned habit of appointing ex players.

:top marks

Totally agree, time to move on now.

alex74
14-10-2010, 11:51 AM
Problem is, he had Brown, Thomson and Boozy for that. Anyone think the likes of Rankin are capable of that? Or that we have anything like the budget to source players who could?

We need nice football yes, but we also need a team that can take on the St Mirrens of this world without being kicked off the park.didnt mowbray sign boozy

ScottB
14-10-2010, 11:57 AM
didnt mowbray sign boozy

And? Honestly, he had his shot, you should never go back the way, I personally think we'd be right back in this situation within 18 months again and we simply can't afford that.

7Hero
14-10-2010, 11:59 AM
For me John Collins was a poor manager who made too many duff signings like morais obrien gattheusi donaldson joneleit makalambay etc

There were plenty occasions when he got his shape all wrong and you could literally see him standing looking at tommy craig saying 'what do I do here?'

Tommy Craig then went away to st mirren (courier scored with back heel in 2-1 loss iirc) and DIDN'T play with a right midfielder - one of the most shocking decisions I have ever seen someone in charge make.

both of them should stay far away from ER. hibs need an older leader, someone a bit more cynical and detached from 'the boys'

I'm probs thinking Bruce rioch Craig brown or probs someone like Lexi miller

hibs should have appointed an experinced manager after mowbray end of story, collins was a mistake, best chance with the best team we have had in years to win a cup double and he blew it..

its no coincidence he isn't in management now..

Betty Boop
14-10-2010, 12:05 PM

According to the Daily Ranger, he is still on Celtic's payroll. The article is from June though.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/celtic/2010/06/10/celtic-still-paying-for-flop-boss-mowbray-reveals-john-reid-86908-223233

ancienthibby
14-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Not true I am afraid. In my last job there were redundancies as the business was closing down the office. Everyone had 9 months to find a new job, some people were put on gardening leave as they were not pulling there weight and having an adverse effect on remaining staff.

The 1.7 million could well be the combined annual salary of Tony Mowbray and Mark Venus. That would equate to about 17K per week for both Mowbray and Venus, which is probably about right for an old firm manager. Maybe Mowbray accepted this offer to step aside. That way he would be able to take a break and still get paid and for Celtics benefit, if anyone did want Mowbray then they would recoup anything left on his contract.

On the contrary! What I wrote is completely correct. :agree:

What you have described as a personal situation is a different matter and one I would have thought no company would seek to introduce. No properly run company would retain employees at home for 9 months if they were having an adverse effect on the Company. There is no economic rationale for so doing and it could be a restriction of the employees legal right to be free to find employment.:grr:

Under proper legal advice a company would seek an Compromise agreement with such employees and arrange a payout and let both sides move on, unencumbered by each other.

If i was a shareholder in a company that did such a thing - a blatant waste of shareholders' funds - I'd be looking to remove the management at the next AGM!!:devil:

GreenPJ
14-10-2010, 12:24 PM
hibs should have appointed an experinced manager after mowbray end of story, collins was a mistake, best chance with the best team we have had in years to win a cup double and he blew it..

:bye:. He had to put up with the Brown Thomson fiasco in the middle of the cup runs and the defeat to Dunfermline in the SC was purely down to the players cause they threw their dollys out the pram.

Collins made mistakes the biggest one of which was bringing in TC as assistant but to say he blew a cup double and no one wants him as a manager (in any team) is keek.

allezsauzee
14-10-2010, 12:28 PM
I'd be happy to see JC back if he's allowed to sign players of the calibre that subsequent managers have been allowed to such as Deek, Murray, Miller, Stokes rather than gambling on being able to mould the likes of Maka and HKT into finished articles

Mili Tant
14-10-2010, 12:31 PM

I don't normally post on here, preferring to read rather than comment. However, out of all the ridiculous statements I've read this one surely takes the biscuit. Surely a typo. Should the final "e" be an "r"?

GreenPJ
14-10-2010, 12:31 PM

What you have described as a personal situation is a different matter and one I would have thought no company would seek to introduce. No properly run company would retain employees at home for 9 months if they were having an adverse effect on the Company. There is no economic rationale for so doing and it could be a restriction of the employees legal right to be free to find employment.:grr:

Under proper legal advice a company would seek an Compromise agreement with such employees and arrange a payout and let both sides move on, unencumbered by each other.

If i was a shareholder in a company that did such a thing - a blatant waste of shareholders' funds - I'd be looking to remove the management at the next AGM!!:devil:

Gardening leave can apply to both a personal choice to leave or through an enforced departure such as redundancy. From a legal perspective the company who is making you redundant needs to provide you with the contractual notice period (unless otherwise agreed between both parties) and depending on the role and industry the person is allowed to 'work' from home during that notice period.

Your definition is also correct if someone has opted to leave and is in a sensitive or senior position where the company feels that their presence in the office could be detremental.

ancienthibby
14-10-2010, 12:34 PM
I don't normally post on here, preferring to read rather than comment. However, out of all the ridiculous statements I've read this one surely takes the biscuit. Surely a typo. Should the final "e" be an "r"?

The post is correct!

European HR legislation rules!!

Next thing you'll be posting saying that you have never heard of Bosman:bye::bye:

Jim44
14-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Although opinion would be divided, Mowbray or Collins would bring a temporary ray of sunshine and hope back to the club, but, IMHO, the novelty would soon wear off and we would be back where we started. Not worth the risk.:bitchy:

The_Todd
14-10-2010, 12:42 PM

Since when were we in a position to complain about winning a single cup and missing out on a double?

I think Mowbray blew the best chances of winning a Scottish cup by the way. If he'd not got us pumped 4-0 by the Pink Ones we'd have had a Gretna final.

Mili Tant
14-10-2010, 12:44 PM
The post is correct!

European HR legislation rules!!

Next thing you'll be posting saying that you have never heard of Bosman:bye::bye:

European HR legislation says that employment law is heavily wieghted in favour of the employee? Can you quote me the relevant paragraph please?

Was this the part that made Tony Blair boast that the UK had the most restrictive employment practices in the western world?

brydekirk
14-10-2010, 12:52 PM
looks like our new manager will be at the game on saturday. EEN stevenson - you never know who will be watching.

darrenmcintosh2
14-10-2010, 01:08 PM
If hibs appoint mowbray again I will be a happy man always liked him. So come on rumors turn out too be true. Either Mowbray or macdonald for me

SurferRosa
14-10-2010, 01:10 PM

Was goin to post something similar, but you`ve covered most points better than i could mate. What i will say is that the only thing that really needed a bit of sorting was our defence at the time, which, as he went on to prove at West Brom and Celtic, Mowbray was woefully incapable of fixing. For a guy who was such a good defender during his playing days,he certainly couldn`t spot a good one..! We did play some terrific football during his tenure and we`ll remember and appreciate him for that but i think it`s better to leave it in the past.

Gregor
14-10-2010, 01:19 PM

If we can cast your bollocks to one side for a brief moment ...

1. He is (or rather was as of last month when I last cared to ask about it) on the club's payroll. No idea where the £1.7M came from. I'll go and ask now.

[EDIT]

Bored now :)

TM, MV and PG all on a long-term (5 years?) contract so there was much haggling. No idea if the haggling is finished or not. In the case of TM, I assume not for the moment. Do you know when the accounts were published and for what period? It's been suggested that the £1.7M was payment due to WBA *for* the services of TM and PG. If they are still haggling then he will be getting paid (this is not unique for celtc as MoN was also on the payroll until recently, although his circumstances were slightly different - and let's not forget Balde's efforts too!).

Also been told that Peter Grant has since joined Brum (never knew that!) so that suggests some kind of severance was sorted out there.

A fair number of players were shipped out when Strachan left and Mowbray joined. Could be related to those contracts too?

2. I do not live on another planet. For this to be true would require a great deal of funding, which in this current economic situation would see the risk of my funding being pulled and me being marooned (ahem) on the aforementioned planet.

3. Your interpretation of garden leave is valid in your own interpretation (circular arguement I suppose). The term could be deemed generic now in that it applies to an agreed set of terms regarding the outstanding monies due to an individual based on the original contract. The only real common denominator between any individual's aspect of garden leave is that period of time of leave in which an individual is unable to seek employment within the agreed area of expertise. If payment is part of the term, lump sum is fine or even an agreed contribution in chunks over a certain period is fine ... or even a "sod it - just carry on paying me until my contract expires and I'll faff about the house in my pants".

HFC 0-7
14-10-2010, 02:08 PM

Thats not what you wrote originally. You stated that gardening leave is only for employees looking for employment elsewhere, I gave you an example of how this is not the case. No properly run company? Its one of the largest banks in the world and is run in such a manner that it required no bail out from governments.

re the part in bold. How do you know that when Celtic wanted shot of Mowbray they didnt get together and say to him that they will relieve him of management but keep paying him and Mowbray agreed? this may have been a perfect opportunity for him, take some time off and get paid for it.

just for the record, here is what gardening leave can mean

"The term can also be used when an employee is sent home whilst subject to disciplinary proceedings, when they are between projects, or where, as a result of publicity, their presence at work is considered counter-productive."

Broken Gnome
14-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Since when were we in a position to complain about winning a single cup and missing out on a double?

I think Mowbray blew the best chances of winning a Scottish cup by the way. If he'd not got us pumped 4-0 by the Pink Ones we'd have had a Gretna final.

Out of the last four Scottish Cup semi-final defeats the Hearts one might hurt the most to some, but is nowhere near the most wasteful. Mowbray's Dundee United defeat was worse, Dunfermline possibly even more so.

SMAXXA
14-10-2010, 02:26 PM

You make alot of good points and alot I do agree with, if I was honest I wouldnt be disapointed if he came back (dont think it will happen) but similarly I dont know who I would say I 100% want. All I do know is I hope we dont appoint an underwhelming manager i.e that penny guy, id take tangoman over him but similarly you just never know whats gona work out and what isnt. Just feel like the whole club could do with a big lift and a relitivley high profile appointement would do that, initially anyway.

Also agree on the sentimenal point, any manager should only be appointed on merit sentiments aside. Just wish they would hurry up and get something announced, put us out or misery :greengrin, but take all the time in the world Rodders as long is you make the right choice.

ancienthibby
14-10-2010, 02:37 PM
Thats not what you wrote originally. You stated that gardening leave is only for employees looking for employment elsewhere, I gave you an example of how this is not the case. No properly run company? Its one of the largest banks in the world and is run in such a manner that it required no bail out from governments.

re the part in bold. How do you know that when Celtic wanted shot of Mowbray they didnt get together and say to him that they will relieve him of management but keep paying him and Mowbray agreed? this may have been a perfect opportunity for him, take some time off and get paid for it.

"The term can also be used when an employee is sent home whilst subject to disciplinary proceedings, when they are between projects, or where, as a result of publicity, their presence at work is considered counter-productive."

Sorry, never used that word!

Also, the word 'also' should be inserted in your last sentence between 'can' and 'mean'.:devil:

ancienthibby
14-10-2010, 02:41 PM
European HR legislation says that employment law is heavily wieghted in favour of the employee? Can you quote me the relevant paragraph please?

Was this the part that made Tony Blair boast that the UK had the most restrictive employment practices in the western world?

It's more than 50 years since I started work and I can assure you that in that lifetime there has been an absolute sea-change in the rights of employees with the pendulum swinging in only one direction.:agree:

The internet is replete with pages detailing the growth of employees rights legislation.

joe breezy
14-10-2010, 02:48 PM
It's mrte than 50 years since I started work and I can assure you that in that lifetime there has been an absolute sea-change in the rights of employees with the pendulum swinging in only one direction.:agree:

The internet is replete with pages detailing the growth of employees rights legislation.

Really? So all the acts that have been about weakening the unions since Thatcher in the 80s didn't really happen?

BEEJ
14-10-2010, 02:52 PM
It's mrte than 50 years since I started work and I can assure you that in that lifetime there has been an absolute sea-change in the rights of employees with the pendulum swinging in only one direction.:agree:

Really? So all the acts that have been about weakening the unions since Thatcher in the 80s didn't really happen?
This thread is going way off at a tangent. :greengrin

But employment legislation and the power of the unions are largely different and unrelated things. Ancient is correct; employment legislation in the UK is much, much more employee oriented today than it was even a decade ago.

Beefster
14-10-2010, 02:58 PM

Without taking the entire thread off-topic, I'm fairly sure Blair said that the UK had the most restrictive union laws in Europe.

Thecat23
14-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Anyone hear Billy Stark has resigned? If true then the rumours of him and Clarke coming to ER will gather pace.

Last Minute
14-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Anyone hear Billy Stark has resigned? If true then the rumours of him and Clarke coming to ER will gather pace.

Have you heard anything yourself like ? if so from whom

Thecat23
14-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Have you heard anything yourself like ? if so from whom

Yeah mate, I got a text saying he'd left! But can't see it anywhere myself.

calumb
14-10-2010, 03:27 PM
If we can cast your bollocks to one side for a brief moment ...

1. He is (or rather was as of last month when I last cared to ask about it) on the club's payroll. No idea where the £1.7M came from. I'll go and ask now.

[EDIT]

Bored now :)

TM, MV and PG all on a long-term (5 years?) contract so there was much haggling. No idea if the haggling is finished or not. In the case of TM, I assume not for the moment. Do you know when the accounts were published and for what period? It's been suggested that the £1.7M was payment due to WBA *for* the services of TM and PG. If they are still haggling then he will be getting paid (this is not unique for celtc as MoN was also on the payroll until recently, although his circumstances were slightly different - and let's not forget Balde's efforts too!).

Also been told that Peter Grant has since joined Brum (never knew that!) so that suggests some kind of severance was sorted out there.

A fair number of players were shipped out when Strachan left and Mowbray joined. Could be related to those contracts too?

2. I do not live on another planet. For this to be true would require a great deal of funding, which in this current economic situation would see the risk of my funding being pulled and me being marooned (ahem) on the aforementioned planet.

3. Your interpretation of garden leave is valid in your own interpretation (circular arguement I suppose). The term could be deemed generic now in that it applies to an agreed set of terms regarding the outstanding monies due to an individual based on the original contract. The only real common denominator between any individual's aspect of garden leave is that period of time of leave in which an individual is unable to seek employment within the agreed area of expertise. If payment is part of the term, lump sum is fine or even an agreed contribution in chunks over a certain period is fine ... or even a "sod it - just carry on paying me until my contract expires and I'll faff about the house in my pants".

are you sure, i seem to remember that mowbray only signed a 1 year contract with celtic. i remeber thinking that they were mad because they had forked out millions in compensation to west brom for a guy that probably had an eye on the middlesboro job if southgate could not get them promoted. if thats the case then i reckon the garden leave is over.

darrenmcintosh2
14-10-2010, 03:32 PM

If stark has reisigned then. Your right those rumors will gather pace. Think that could be the result Clarke and stark in the hot seats lol stark be his number 2 a take it

Thecat23
14-10-2010, 03:49 PM
If stark has reisigned then. Your right those rumors will gather pace. Think that could be the result Clarke and stark in the hot seats lol stark be his number 2 a take it

Really do hope they get these two in. I think Hibs would do well under them.

darrenmcintosh2
14-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Really do hope they get these two in. I think Hibs would do well under them.

Yea right now it's hard to say how we could do well under new management cause thinknof the times we have said that Would be interesting to see their regime clarke is really into his training and the west ham players love working with him well so Zola says

Thecat23
14-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Yea right now it's hard to say how we could do well under new management cause thinknof the times we have said that Would be interesting to see their regime clarke is really into his training and the west ham players love working with him well so Zola says

From what i hear about him is the players loved his training it was fresh and high tempo. After seeing the players blowing out their rear ends the past few weeks that's ecactly what we need, someone who will put them through their paces.

darrenmcintosh2
14-10-2010, 04:55 PM
From what i hear about him is the players loved his training it was fresh and high tempo. After seeing the players blowing out their rear ends the past few weeks that's ecactly what we need, someone who will put them through their paces.

Yea exactly. Well what u see with hibs we start really well and throw the game away at the end that it's self tells you that their is a stamina issue and the players aren't fit enough. We have those fantastic facilities at east mains yet the players can't perform through the 90mins. You've got to ask questions. Hopefully the yogi successor has better training Regims.

Golden Bear
14-10-2010, 05:15 PM

On the other hand if the new Manager's training involves putting in a wee bit effort then some of the resident rat pack might start throwing their toys out of the pram.

The poor wee sowels.

darrenmcintosh2
14-10-2010, 05:18 PM
On the other hand if the new Manager's training involves putting in a wee bit effort then some of the resident rat pack might start throwing their toys out of the pram.

The poor wee sowels.

Yea cause the typical old firm if their a threat buy them **** a would say

darrenmcintosh2
14-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Sorry guys new too this didn't relise couldn't say that yellow card

HIBERNIAN 1875
14-10-2010, 05:24 PM
I'd happily take Stark as a number 1, never mind a number 2. :agree:

Eaststand
14-10-2010, 05:53 PM

If Mowbray gets the job I'd be delighted cos he had us playing good fitty and we were shaping up to be a decent team as John Collins would no doubt agree

C'mon Rod, stop hanging around and get Mowbray signed up before another club come in for him

GGTTH

Ferry Hibbee
14-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Anybody else out there thinking that, in order to maximise the crowd on Saturday, the new manager/management team could be announce on Friday and paraded at ER on Saturday? I think that scenario would fit perfectly into Rod's operating style....increased revenue and the rabbit out of the hat.

Forgot to add that, although I don't post a lot, I'm defo not a Yam...just love reading the posts and cannae type as fast as most of you folks.

E.T. is a Hibee
14-10-2010, 06:01 PM
John Collins - Hibs most successful manager in the last 19 years, can he be persuaded to return.

What would it take?

He won the LC with TM team and he left the club the day after East Mains opened. He is over rated on here and he talks rubbish! TBH cant really be that bothered with him, very over rated IMO.

Nakedmanoncrack
14-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Out of the last four Scottish Cup semi-final defeats the Hearts one might hurt the most to some, but is nowhere near the most wasteful. Mowbray's Dundee United defeat was worse, Dunfermline possibly even more so.
Go back a bit further and McLeish's defeat to bottom of the league Aberdeen (after being a goal up) was even more criminal.

Pedantic_Hibee
14-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Stark's resigned.

Clarke will be at ER on Saturday in the stand.

DunblaneHibby
14-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Where does it say that Stark has resigned?

E.T. is a Hibee
14-10-2010, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE=Pedantic_Hibee;2606360]Stark's resigned.

Clarke will be at ER on Saturday in the stand.[/QUO
YAAAAABEAUUUUUTY!

Pedantic_Hibee
14-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Where does it say that Stark has resigned?

It doesn't. Yet.

NiallGR
14-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Stark's resigned.

Was told the exact same thing about 2 o'clock this afternoon; both to be in the stand apparently!

E.T. is a Hibee
14-10-2010, 06:25 PM
It doesn't. Yet.

I really hope your right mate, how sure are you out of scale of one to ten?

Pedantic_Hibee
14-10-2010, 06:26 PM
I really hope your right mate, how sure are you out of scale of one to ten?

11 :agree:

E.T. is a Hibee
14-10-2010, 06:30 PM
11 :agree:

FAAAAAAAANYTAAAAAASTIC!:top marks

ScottB
14-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Excellent news!!

Part of me wonders if there may be a deal in place for Stark to take over once Clarke leaves, try and ensure some long term stability and explain why Stark is apparently happy to step into an assistant role.

Personally speaking, the two of them would be exceptional appointments and will send a real message of intent that we mean business, both on and off the field.

vuefrom1875
14-10-2010, 06:36 PM
No sign of the fella in the latest betting..dropped methinks!

darrenmcintosh2
14-10-2010, 06:36 PM
If you could pick one ex hibs manager from the years gone by who would you recall. Anybmanager of the past

chrisski33
14-10-2010, 06:37 PM
just cos they MIGHT be in the stands on sat doesnt mean they have the job. Apparently they were to announced as having the jobs today by some on here!

stokesmessiah
14-10-2010, 06:38 PM
No sign of the fella in the latest betting..dropped methinks!

Damn that is another hundred quid just handed over to the bookies for nothing. :boo hoo:

matty_f
14-10-2010, 06:39 PM

:hmmm: sounds like somewhere I know...

alex74
14-10-2010, 06:41 PM
If you could pick one ex hibs manager from the years gone by who would you recall. Anybmanager of the pasttony mowbary for me he had the club buzzing

blackpoolhibs
14-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Eddie Turnbull. The only manager in my lifetime who genuinely had me thinking we could win the league.

darrenmcintosh2
14-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Mogga for me also their was a certain bUzz about when he was in charge lol

tamig
14-10-2010, 06:50 PM
He won the LC with TM team and he left the club the day after East Mains opened. He is over rated on here and he talks rubbish! TBH cant really be that bothered with him, very over rated IMO.

That'll be the end of any hopes for JC then :bitchy:

tamig
14-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Go back a bit further and McLeish's defeat to bottom of the league Aberdeen (after being a goal up) was even more criminal.

Aye, one of the most depressing results in my time following Hibs. Really thought that could've been our year. Did Andy Dow not bang one in against us in that game?

E.T. is a Hibee
14-10-2010, 06:52 PM
That'll be the end of any hopes for JC then :bitchy:

Aye it will be, I take it you think it was o.k. that he walked!:grr:

tamig
14-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Eddie Turnbull. The only manager in my lifetime who genuinely had me thinking we could win the league.

He's maybe a wee bit old now though? :wink:

Cropley10
14-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Stark's resigned.

No he hasn't.

No he won't.

tamig
14-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Aye it will be, I take it you think it was o.k. that he walked!:grr:

I think we missed a good opportunity with JC to totally change the culture at the club but the board didn't back him. 1 with the "player revolt" and 2 with his signing targets for the January window. Think it was Hammell he wanted to sign but RP wouldn't stump up for the wages.

I still wonder where we could have gone with JC - and I don't think it would've been down.

Spike Mandela
14-10-2010, 07:00 PM
No he hasn't.

No he won't.

Oh yes he has!!!!

Oh yes he will!!!!

Pantomine season already guys?:greengrin

.Sean.
14-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Ah, this old myth rears it's head again.

How come Tony Mowbray couldn't win the cup with Tony Mowbray's team? Johnny Collins won us the cup. If it ever came down to a straight decision between Mowbray and JC for the Hbs job, i'd have Collins every time. Mowbray went way, way down in my estimation at his time at Celtic. He became a right prick in the press and as for that huddle at ER? **** him.

Tony Mowbray? Big no thanks.

Bostonhibby
14-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Eddie Turnbull, by a mile.

We really were that good for a while that you more or less expected to beat the OF routinely, we competed well in Europe and at times absolutely murdered the sort of sides we are losing to now, the football was a joy to watch and you had the feeling that the players definitely wanted to play for the club / Turnbull, it never stayed that way but at that time they were brilliant consistently and we have not really got near that since.

The others like Mowbray and McCleish have done it fleetingly, but never sustained it. I felt Miller did a great job for us at a horrendous time and we probably owe him more respect that he often gets, but the rest are decidedly B list in my view.

I feel the same way about Hibs now as I did then, but the highs since have been nothing like then and the couple of really good sides we have had since Turnbulls haven't been at that level.

History says that Shaw and MacFarlane are up there too but I have restricted it to those I have seen.

alex74
14-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Eddie Turnbull, by a mile.

We really were that good for a while that you more or less expected to beat the OF routinely, we competed well in Europe and at times absolutely murdered the sort of sides we are losing to now, the football was a joy to watch and you had the feeling that the players definitely wanted to play for the club / Turnbull, it never stayed that way but at that time they were brilliant consistently and we have not really got near that since.

The others like Mowbray and McCleish have done it fleetingly, but never sustained it. I felt Miller did a great job for us at a horrendous time and we probably owe him more respect that he often gets, but the rest are decidedly B list in my view.

I feel the same way about Hibs now as I did then, but the highs since have been nothing like then and the couple of really good sides we have had since Turnbulls haven't been at that level.

History says that Shaw and MacFarlane are up there too but I have restricted it to those I have seen.cant disagree with u as it was before my time what year was turnbull in charge

jdships
14-10-2010, 07:23 PM
I think we missed a good opportunity with JC to totally change the culture at the club but the board didn't back him. 1 with the "player revolt" and 2 with his signing targets for the January window. Think it was Hammell he wanted to sign but RP wouldn't stump up for the wages.

I still wonder where we could have gone with JC - and I don't think it would've been down.

Cannot understand the fixation with JC as a manager of HFC :confused:
It's a fact (from all the reliable sources) that he did/does not have the man management skills to manage a top class football club.
I personally know this from people who had to work with/for him
As I have sad on numerous occasions he was a great player ( one of my all time favourite Hibbees) , a pleasant/interesting man to be with but and unfortunately it was a BIG BUT , he did not have the people skills required
Please, please can we just draw a line under this ?

:flag:

Bostonhibby
14-10-2010, 07:29 PM
cant disagree with u as it was before my time what year was turnbull in charge

72,73 & 74 I think, haven't looked it up tho.

IWasThere2016
14-10-2010, 07:34 PM
No he hasn't.

No he won't.

You're 'not in the know' :wink: :greengrin

alex74
14-10-2010, 07:35 PM
72,73 & 74 I think, haven't looked it up tho.cheers for the info:thumbsup:

alex74
14-10-2010, 07:37 PM
:blah:
You're 'not in the know' :wink: :greengrincant anyone get in touch with paul kane to see if its true

aob4green
14-10-2010, 08:23 PM
Last night I was having a look on the William Hill site at the odds for the next Hibs manager, but noticed tonight that there are no odds available. Possibly an announcement soon???

tamig
14-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Cannot understand the fixation with JC as a manager of HFC :confused:
It's a fact (from all the reliable sources) that he did/does not have the man management skills to manage a top class football club.
I personally know this from people who had to work with/for him

Draw a line under it if you want to. Up to you. However, as a matter of interest, are these people you know who worked with/for him what you might term some of the "more experienced pros"? Because I know for a fact that a lot of the younger guys loved working with/for JC.

tamig
14-10-2010, 09:28 PM

All the way through to the 79-80 relegation season.

millarco
14-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Draw a line under it if you want to. Up to you. However, as a matter of interest, are these people you know who worked with/for him what you might term some of the "more experienced pros"? Because I know for a fact that a lot of the younger guys loved working with/for JC.

The likes of Morais, Curier, Hogg, Stevenson, McCann and Benji have all talked about Collins being an excellent man-manager. Fact. :wink:

alex74
14-10-2010, 09:35 PM
was turnbull the manager when we got relagated

jane_says
14-10-2010, 09:42 PM

think he blew it more when we were beating a bottom of the table dundee united with less than 20 minutes to go in the semi 2005:grr:

California-Hibs
14-10-2010, 09:46 PM
So come on whats happening? I'm really wanting Clarke in as manager now with Stark assistant, i think we will really kick on with these two appointments. It would be a total breath of fresh air aswel! I'm at the stage that i'll be dissappointed if its anyone else who has been linked accept them now!

orourke
14-10-2010, 09:51 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rodders will certainly not be talking to JC this week as JC is in Monaco on a weeks holiday !!

FranckSuzy
14-10-2010, 09:57 PM
Anybody else out there thinking that, in order to maximise the crowd on Saturday, the new manager/management team could be announce on Friday and paraded at ER on Saturday? I think that scenario would fit perfectly into Rod's operating style....increased revenue and the rabbit out of the hat.

Forgot to add that, although I don't post a lot, I'm defo not a Yam...just love reading the posts and cannae type as fast as most of you folks.

IMHO it's sad that folk think they have to post this disclaimer on here, just for contributing to a thread :bitchy:

tamig
14-10-2010, 11:05 PM
was turnbull the manager when we got relagated

No. He was in charge at the start of that season and gave up half way through when we looked doomed despite having George Best. Willie Ormond took over from him.

RickyS
14-10-2010, 11:19 PM
todays Irish Herald quotes O'neill

O'Neill plots long Rovers tenure
By Aidan Fitzmaurice
Thursday October 14 2010

MICHAEL O'Neill has restated his commitment to Shamrock Rovers despite reports linking him with the vacant manager's job at Scottish Premier League side Hibernian.

Scottish bookmakers this week made O'Neill the favourite to take over from John Hughes at Easter Road, but former Hibs player O'Neill said he not only wants to see out his contract at Rovers but is also keen to sign a new deal with the Hoops.

"I came here on a three-year contract and I envisage I'll be here for three years and beyond to be honest," said O'Neill, as he prepares his side for Sunday's FAI Ford Cup semi-final with St Patrick's Athletic.

"I think we've made a lot of progress in the time we've been here and there's still a long way to go in terms of the progress I believe we can make as a club. I intend to be here to oversee that.

"When a job comes up in Scotland, the media try to get hold of me and get a comment, which they never get.

"I can't help what people link me to. That's not my job, that's the job of others. It doesn't concern me at all," added O'Neill, who will put the club's faltering league title bid aside for this week and focus on the Cup clash with Pats.

"You could put all sorts of spins and permutations on it but our only focus is Sunday's game," added O'Neill.

"We'll address the league when it comes. Everyone is saying about the league but it is played over 36 games, not 34 games.

"We'll look at the league after 36 games. We're in the semi of the cup so we'll look at that as an individual thing. We're not trading them off against each other."

ScottB
15-10-2010, 12:13 AM

By Aidan Fitzmaurice
Thursday October 14 2010

MICHAEL O'Neill has restated his commitment to Shamrock Rovers despite reports linking him with the vacant manager's job at Scottish Premier League side Hibernian.

Scottish bookmakers this week made O'Neill the favourite to take over from John Hughes at Easter Road, but former Hibs player O'Neill said he not only wants to see out his contract at Rovers but is also keen to sign a new deal with the Hoops.

"I came here on a three-year contract and I envisage I'll be here for three years and beyond to be honest," said O'Neill, as he prepares his side for Sunday's FAI Ford Cup semi-final with St Patrick's Athletic.

"I think we've made a lot of progress in the time we've been here and there's still a long way to go in terms of the progress I believe we can make as a club. I intend to be here to oversee that.

"When a job comes up in Scotland, the media try to get hold of me and get a comment, which they never get.

"I can't help what people link me to. That's not my job, that's the job of others. It doesn't concern me at all," added O'Neill, who will put the club's faltering league title bid aside for this week and focus on the Cup clash with Pats.

"You could put all sorts of spins and permutations on it but our only focus is Sunday's game," added O'Neill.

"We'll address the league when it comes. Everyone is saying about the league but it is played over 36 games, not 34 games.

"We'll look at the league after 36 games. We're in the semi of the cup so we'll look at that as an individual thing. We're not trading them off against each other."

So once he's sure he aint in the running to get a job he releases a statement saying he never wanted it... How original :wink:

Hibbyradge
15-10-2010, 12:58 AM
So once he's sure he aint in the running to get a job he releases a statement saying he never wanted it... How original :wink:

He didn't say that.

brydekirk
15-10-2010, 07:29 AM
No. He was in charge at the start of that season and gave up half way through when we looked doomed despite having George Best. Willie Ormond took over from him.

george best cost the man his job. FACT END OFF

greenginger
15-10-2010, 07:46 AM

Turnbull left Hibs after the 5-0 defeat by Celtic in the Scottish Cup Semi in April 1980. We were already " relegated" by that point and Ormond took over for the last few games of the season.

Hibs were bottom of the league when Best joined the club in November 1979. He did'nt save Turnbull's job but neither did he cost him it !

scoopyboy
15-10-2010, 08:03 AM

Turnbull had no input to the George Best signing so I would be interested how you come to that conclusion.

Ray_
15-10-2010, 08:10 AM

12th July 1971, what a great day to be a Hibby.

Speedway
15-10-2010, 08:14 AM
Ultimately I think that, if the new manager is not announced today, there's every likelihood that we'll have to wait longer to find out who it's going to be.

Hibbyradge
15-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Ultimately I think that, if the new manager is not announced today, there's every likelihood that we'll have to wait longer to find out who it's going to be.

:not worth

http://www.ourbollywood.com/uploads/guru_mani_ratnam.JPG

ahibby
15-10-2010, 08:24 AM
Turnbull had no input to the George Best signing so I would be interested how you come to that conclusion.

Turnbull has always stated that the Best deal cost him his job. He didn't want him and him forced upon him by the director. Turnbull had to accept it but he said the problem was compounded by the board setting Best up in a Hotel in the centre of Edinburgh. He thought giving Best's reputation for wine and women the centre of Edinburgh was perhaps not the best place for him to be based. He also said that it caused unrest in the dressing room. Best was on £2000 per game iirc plus bonus for wins and goals he scored the other players were know where near that kind of money. When watching the games Best played in I noticed there was no love lost between him and others especially Stuart McLeod. Disharmoney might have played it's part in our relegation that season as the players we had weren't all that bad really.

SouthMoroccoStu
15-10-2010, 08:24 AM
Getting back onto topic.....

Stark's resigned.

IF TRUE...........

This is great news.

Happy to see the drive and ambition by the club when we need it most.

This management team could be the envy of all in Scotland and most of the English Championship.

YehButNoBut
15-10-2010, 08:37 AM

That wins the top prize in the "Stating the Obvious" competition. :cup:

:faf:

...WentToMowAnSPL
15-10-2010, 08:41 AM

Excellent !!

Cropley10
15-10-2010, 08:49 AM

Spot on!

Ray_
15-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Turnbull has always stated that the Best deal cost him his job. He didn't want him and him forced upon him by the director. Turnbull had to accept it but he said the problem was compounded by the board setting Best up in a Hotel in the centre of Edinburgh. He thought giving Best's reputation for wine and women the centre of Edinburgh was perhaps not the best place for him to be based. He also said that it caused unrest in the dressing room. Best was on £2000 per game iirc plus bonus for wins and goals he scored the other players were know where near that kind of money. When watching the games Best played in I noticed there was no love lost between him and others especially Stuart McLeod. Disharmoney might have played it's part in our relegation that season as the players we had weren't all that bad really.

After we beat Dundee 5-2 in what I think was the first home game of the season, we were very very poor from then on in. Hibs had been on the decline from the mid seventies & after Harper left, we had nobody who scored goals on a regular basis, with the exception of Ally McLeod, who was by far our talisman and he played in midfield.

Ally McLead didn't like George Best, because it took the spotlight away from him, but the fans did & they came from afar to see a player who at one time had been the world's best & nobody could ever have dreamed of having such a star in the hibs colours.

Best didn't get hibs relegated, as much as admire his team from the first half of the seventies, ET hadn't been well for a long time & stayed in charge too long at Hibs. When ST Mirren emptied Alex Ferguson, I was preying that Tom Hart would move ET upstairs and bring in Fergie, sadly it never happened & I long since came to the conclusion that it would never have worked, with two such strong willed characters, Tom Hart would have had to get rid of Ned & at that stage, I doubt he would have been able to do it.

Hibs On Tour
15-10-2010, 10:21 AM
News just received from within HOT Towers is that HOT has not, I repeat NOT, been approached as yet to take over the reigns at Hibs.

HOT was quoted as saying "Hibs are a great club with a great tradition of bringing through young players and playing the game the way it should be played and I'm flattered to be linked with such a club. That said, I have a job to do here at HOT Towers and my focus is on continuing to do that job to the best of my abilities. Until and unless someone tells me that there has been an approach and that approach has been accepted, I don't have anything else to think about or any decision to make. As with any other Hibs fan, I just hope that the lads get back to winning ways starting this weekend."

My source within HOT Towers is close to the heart of things so if anything changes I'll keep you all posted...

<feel free to replace HOT with any other name of your choice because the story is basically the same - NONE of us have any idea who the club will appoint ultimately - we're all hoping for a bit of ambition from the club with a bit of experience, a bit of tactical nous, some contacts hopefully and ideally some pedigree in the game - whether we get that or some cheap option time will tell>

Lucius Apuleius
15-10-2010, 10:26 AM
Stein would have been the best if he had not jumped ship when he did. Turnbull was the best IMO, but Lexo won us a trophy too remember:wink:

Sudds_1
15-10-2010, 10:32 AM

By Aidan Fitzmaurice
Thursday October 14 2010

I remember a certain Tony Mowbray saying very similar things , shortly before he abandoned Hibs and went South.... :rolleyes:.

Speedway
15-10-2010, 10:35 AM
I take this that O'Neill has chosen to speak now because he hasn't got the job.

This means someone HAS got the job.

HenryMonk
15-10-2010, 10:38 AM
i find it very strange that SFA are holding things up because of stark being a no 2!!

why would they when houston is levin's no 2 while managing DUTD?

Stark being lined up as no 1 more like

cockneymike
15-10-2010, 10:48 AM

Possibly - but it could also be becuase with a cup semi coming up, his team's lost 4 out of last 5 in the league, he has to say anything to get some positive spin on the shamrock rovers story!

YehButNoBut
15-10-2010, 10:53 AM

No speculation in the press, no odds available at the bookies, tends to back this up.

Just crossing the t's and dotting the i's now I suspect. :greengrin

YehButNoBut
15-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Mind you looking at todays EEN they are saying that

"Rumours which swept Edinburgh last night that a new management team of Steve Clarke and Billy Stark was about to be revealed are understood to be wide of the mark. Stark was said to have quit his post as Scotland Under-21 boss but it is understood that is not the case although former Chelsea ace Clarke remains the bookies' firm favourite to become the next Hibs manager."

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/O39Neill-rules-himself-out-of.6582950.jp

LancsHibs
15-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Stark being lined up as no 1 more like

If true Tony Stark should install some needed Iron into the squad!

Craig_in_Prague
15-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Someone must have seen Clarke on a 26 bus or Penney having a coffee in Peebles Hydro with Petrie :confused:

Seriously, nobody really seems to have a clue who'll get the job this time.

scoopyboy
15-10-2010, 11:16 AM

That would make sense if Best had been there for years but he only arrived when Hibs were already dire and in trouble.

He can't blame Best for what happened the previous one or two seasons. This is in my opinion what led to his downfall, replacing the Tornadoes with garbage.

It suited him to blame Best.

Captain Trips
15-10-2010, 11:16 AM
Billy Stark has always came across to me as a very nice guy and approachable which makes him a great helpl for any manager who is trying to push things on.

I think Clarke and Stark would be a great partnership, John collins could have done with Stark as his No2 as I think things may have been very different, I for one would like to see Stark at the club as a No2 dont think as a No1.

lucky
15-10-2010, 11:23 AM
It seems to be taking an age to get someone appointed. Surely the board would have been planning for this before Yogi's exit. The only explanation I come up with is that the first guy they wanted knocked them back or he is under contract. Its unlikely that the hold up would be a No.2 trying to negotiate his release.

Petrie get it sorted.

matty_f
15-10-2010, 11:29 AM
It seems to be taking an age to get someone appointed. Surely the board would have been planning for this before Yogi's exit. The only explanation I come up with is that the first guy they wanted knocked them back or he is under contract. Its unlikely that the hold up would be a No.2 trying to negotiate his release.

Petrie get it sorted.

Would we delay announcing the manager because of a hold up getting an assistant? I'd have thought we'd be more likely to confirm that we'd got the manager and just say that his assistant would be announced in due course.

Unless the deal hinges on getting a specific assistant in place, I suppose...

hibsfootsoldier
15-10-2010, 12:13 PM
when will hibs actually announce a new manager av been waiting on it every morning now and its gettin irritating.
has anyone any good evidence to actually put clark in the frame the bookies seem to have a good incling as theyv stopped takin bets.
what gon oan its doin ma nut in?
any new rumours?

persevere1875
15-10-2010, 12:28 PM
when will hibs actually announce a new manager av been waiting on it every morning now and its gettin irritating.
has anyone any good evidence to actually put clark in the frame the bookies seem to have a good incling as theyv stopped takin bets.
what gon oan its doin ma nut in?
any new rumours?

Welcome to the club :wink:

persevere1875
15-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Just noticed, over 56,000 views and over 700 posts on one thread, is this getting towards being a new all time record or has it been bettered in the past :dunno:

Future17
15-10-2010, 12:39 PM

I think he may hope that his "announcement" may have a positive psychological effect on his players, who are in the process of throwing away the championship.

Dunbar Hibee
15-10-2010, 12:42 PM

Can't argue with that.

RickyS
15-10-2010, 01:10 PM
is there anywhere I can get a bet? sky paddypower ladbrokes all closed the market?

Speedway
15-10-2010, 01:13 PM
http://sport.scotsman.com/football/O39Neill-rules-himself-out-of.6582950.jp

Meanwhile, rumours which swept Edinburgh last night that a new management team of Steve Clarke and Billy Stark was about to be revealed are understood to be wide of the mark. Stark was said to have quit his post as Scotland Under-21 boss but it is understood that is not the case although former Chelsea ace Clarke remains the bookies' firm favourite to become the next Hibs manager.

SouthMoroccoStu
15-10-2010, 01:48 PM
http://sport.scotsman.com/football/O39Neill-rules-himself-out-of.6582950.jp

Meanwhile, rumours which swept Edinburgh last night that a new management team of Steve Clarke and Billy Stark was about to be revealed are understood to be wide of the mark. Stark was said to have quit his post as Scotland Under-21 boss but it is understood that is not the case although former Chelsea ace Clarke remains the bookies' firm favourite to become the next Hibs manager.

Now is it the 'about to be revealed' bit or the 'team of Steve Clarke and Billy Stark ' that is 'wide of the mark' ?

I JUST WANT TO KNOW :boo hoo:

Purehibee_MYB
15-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Now is it the 'about to be revealed' bit or the 'team of Steve Clarke and Billy Stark ' that is 'wide of the mark' ?

I JUST WANT TO KNOW :boo hoo:

It's so frustrating!

persevere1875
15-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Maybe we should just do an online hibs.net Rock, Scissors, Paper competition every week, on say a tuesday morning, whoever wins becomes manager for that week, If the team loses your disqualified from the competition for a month, if they win your instantly in the following weeks final, save all the hanging about waiting to hear, can you tell the waiting to hear is begining to cheese me off ?? :grr:

scott7_0(Prague)
15-10-2010, 02:06 PM
I have just had it confirmed that Clarke is in for the job, he has spoken to Rod Petrie, this is all the info i have at this time, but have been told I will be provided with more info over the weekend. :agree:

Source: His Niece.

18/03/07
15-10-2010, 02:17 PM
I have just had it confirmed that Clarke is in for the job, he has spoken to Rod Petrie, this is all the info i have at this time, but have been told I will be provided with more info over the weekend. :agree:

Source: His Niece.
I got a email early on saying that this was going to be announced on Wednesday,source:Just a guy I know who gets some info from 2 first team players,but has been proven wrong in the past.
Not saying this is 100% correct but only passing message on

Lucius Apuleius
15-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Just noticed, over 56,000 views and over 700 posts on one thread, is this getting towards being a new all time record or has it been bettered in the past :dunno:

You ain't seen nothing till you read the Calendar Thread. :wink:

RickyS
15-10-2010, 10:42 PM
just watched the sports centre on stv they had interviews with all the spl managers. they all looked focused on the job in hand. my thoughts were that we can rule those guys out of the race.

Hibs On Tour
16-10-2010, 12:55 AM
As we've seen, teams often play above themselves under caretaker managers during that interim period between managers.

Based on that, should we just rotate caretaker managers every couple of weeks in the hope of going through the rest of the season unbeaten? Could be Alistair Stevenson one week, Gareth the next, Rod for a bit, etc

Would be cheap too so ticks Rod's boxes!

HIBERNIAN 1875
16-10-2010, 01:08 AM
I have been told the board are pondering over 2 candidates, one of whom is Clarke, and a decision should be made early next week.

Watch This Space.

jonny
16-10-2010, 07:28 AM
I have been told the board are pondering over 2 candidates, one of whom is Clarke, and a decision should be made early next week.

Watch This Space.

who told you? unless it was Rod I'm not having it. Lots of rumours flying around but personally I don't believe anyone outside the board room knows anything.

Cropley10
16-10-2010, 07:40 AM

Watch This Space.

:faf:

Baldy Foghorn
16-10-2010, 07:42 AM
Spoke to Rod last night, and asked for some clues on the new manager......

Rod says "it's a male, he is alive and well and breathing".....

Does not give much away, bet he is a great poker player:wink:

jdships
16-10-2010, 08:08 AM

Two of them, under 21, I am related to and they assure me this was not the case with the majority of the young lads - as for the "seasoned pro's" I only know an odd one or two and they felt he was limited on the "man management skills." part of the job.and could be very aloof at times
As I stated previously he could be very uninterested in their ( young lads) welfare and was always reminding them " if you want help speak to your parents or relatives : remember you are paid to do a job so just get on and do it ....."

When I was a young pro , albeit sixty+ years ago, it was big step forward to leave school and suddenly be thrust into the highly "competitive" world of professional sport.and I would imagine it can be much the same in 2010
Yes I went to my family for advice but I also got good advice from the manager and club staff on a number of aspects of life outside the football club..
These included drinking, smoking , gambling and how ro conduct yourself in public etc etc
I am/always will be a great admirer of JC the player , having met and spoken with him on a number of occasions and he is a pleasure to be with - a true gentleman .
Unfortunately it appears that he just doesn't have the required acumen to be a good manager

A football club dressing room can be a difficult place to work in
It brings together a group of people of different educational levels , social upbringing and playing skills for a start.
It is essentially a team game and again certain players find that difficult to work round and it is the manager's job to undersatand the different pluses and minuses in a players make up and use them to the best advantage.
To be a successful football club manager must be one of the most difficult jobs around and I can never undersrand why any sane person would want to have the hassle of the job :greengrin:wink:

I personally would like to draw a line under the is he good/is he bad discussion as it has been done to death and would prefer to remember the man for what he has achieved on the football field

Hibbyradge
16-10-2010, 08:26 AM
As we've seen, teams often play above themselves under caretaker managers during that interim period between managers.

Based on that, should we just rotate caretaker managers every couple of weeks in the hope of going through the rest of the season unbeaten? Could be Alistair Stevenson one week, Gareth the next, Rod for a bit, etc

Would be cheap too so ticks Rod's boxes!

That's pretty much what we're doing. :greengrin

Bostonhibby
16-10-2010, 08:45 AM

:agree: sory if misleading, I was romanticising about the "glory" years.

Dibben
16-10-2010, 09:00 AM

:thumbsup:

At least that narrows it down!!!

Green forever
16-10-2010, 09:03 AM

So basically he is discounting half the population, the Equal Rights Commission will be up in arms and rightly so......

E.T. is a Hibee
16-10-2010, 11:32 AM

Strip Poker!

HIBERNIAN 1875
16-10-2010, 11:47 AM
who told you? unless it was Rod I'm not having it. Lots of rumours flying around but personally I don't believe anyone outside the board room knows anything.
I'm good friends with a current player....

Eaststand
16-10-2010, 11:52 AM
Two of them, under 21, I am related to and they assure me this was not the case with the majority of the young lads - as for the "seasoned pro's" I only know an odd one or two and they felt he was limited on the "man management skills." part of the job.and could be very aloof at times
As I stated previously he could be very uninterested in their ( young lads) welfare and was always reminding them " if you want help speak to your parents or relatives : remember you are paid to do a job so just get on and do it ....."

When I was a young pro , albeit sixty+ years ago, it was big step forward to leave school and suddenly be thrust into the highly "competitive" world of professional sport.and I would imagine it can be much the same in 2010
Yes I went to my family for advice but I also got good advice from the manager and club staff on a number of aspects of life outside the football club..
These included drinking, smoking , gambling and how ro conduct yourself in public etc etc
I am/always will be a great admirer of JC the player , having met and spoken with him on a number of occasions and he is a pleasure to be with - a true gentleman .
Unfortunately it appears that he just doesn't have the required acumen to be a good manager

It brings together a group of people of different educational levels , social upbringing and playing skills for a start.
It is essentially a team game and again certain players find that difficult to work round and it is the manager's job to undersatand the different pluses and minuses in a players make up and use them to the best advantage.
To be a successful football club manager must be one of the most difficult jobs around and I can never undersrand why any sane person would want to have the hassle of the job :greengrin:wink:

I personally would like to draw a line under the is he good/is he bad discussion as it has been done to death and would prefer to remember the man for what he has achieved on the football field

Excellent post that one JDships and as usual you're absolutely spot on

GGTTH

Cropley10
16-10-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm good friends with a current player....

Sorry I didn't realise that Rod and the Board were keeping the players up to date. I thought Rod kept his cards very close to his chest during these negotiations. Obviously not, so thanks for the info and keep us posted on what else your friend is getting told please.

Golden Bear
16-10-2010, 12:25 PM

A good post.

However I'd wager that even the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson is still working on his man management style and his playing squad will no doubt have benefitted from his many, many years of experience.

It's a pity that JC's first Managerial appointment was with us and I'm still of the opinion that he has what it takes to be an excellent Manager one day.

hibs6270uk
16-10-2010, 01:23 PM
According to the "mighty" Chick Young "Hibernian have spoken to former Chelsea and West Ham assistant Stevie Clarke and Scotland Under-21 manager Billy Stark, with a possible partnership between the two, BBC Scotland's Chick Young informs us. If you see any other out of work managers looking on from the main stand at Easter Road let me know."

Another so-called pundit in the know!

GloryGlory
16-10-2010, 01:26 PM
According to the ",ighty" Chick Young "Hibernian have spoken to former Chelsea and West Ham assistant Stevie Clarke and Scotland Under-21 manager Billy Stark, with a possible partnership between the two, BBC Scotland's Chick Young informs us. If you see any other out of work managers looking on from the main stand at Easter Road let me know."

Or another lurker on Hibs.net?

Manxhibs
16-10-2010, 01:27 PM
According to the ",ighty" Chick Young "Hibernian have spoken to former Chelsea and West Ham assistant Stevie Clarke and Scotland Under-21 manager Billy Stark, with a possible partnership between the two, BBC Scotland's Chick Young informs us. If you see any other out of work managers looking on from the main stand at Easter Road let me know."

Is there anyway can block ip addresses, like say Chick Young, so he cant just scour through our threads and claim to be in the know?

Part/Time Supporter
16-10-2010, 01:28 PM

LTYF

hibs6270uk
16-10-2010, 01:34 PM
Just love the lack of real journalism that goes on these days, he has less of a clue about our next manager than we do!

Class A Fud!

Dinkydoo
16-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Just been told that Gordon Chisholm is the new Hibs manager. :confused:

stokesmessiah
16-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Just been told that Chisholm is the new Hibs manager. :confused:

Thats just ridiculous. :yawn:

zlatan
16-10-2010, 02:08 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3325/4616103285_d346ae5b32_z.jpg

Jim44
16-10-2010, 02:09 PM
I've just heard that the word 'gullible' has been removed from the Oxford Dictionary.

hibiedude
16-10-2010, 02:09 PM
I've just heard that the word 'gullible' has been removed from the Oxford Dictionary.

Frazerbob
16-10-2010, 02:10 PM
Sniff sniff

jdships
16-10-2010, 02:11 PM
A good post.

However I'd wager that even the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson is still working on his man management style and his playing squad will no doubt have benefitted from his many, many years of experience.

It's a pity that JC's first Managerial appointment was with us and I'm still of the opinion that he has what it takes to be an excellent Manager one day.

Thankyou for your and "Eaststand's" comments.
The parts I have underlined above say it all IMO
A good manager will always seek to improve no matter what job he is in and Sir AF is a good example.
Re JC : again I think you have hit the button . If he had cut his teeth at say a second division club and learnt his trade I genuinely believe he might still be at ER.

grantonhibee
16-10-2010, 02:29 PM
what a load of bollix

Walter
16-10-2010, 02:35 PM
if you say sausages really fast it sounds like gullable - try it

Dinkydoo
16-10-2010, 02:37 PM
Only posting what I've been told and to see if anyone else has heard similar

Some people really do jump at the chance to get wide on here don't they. :yawn:

Aldo
16-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Mair chance of jocky scott or John 'the cowboy' McCormack getting the job. :greengrin

Dinkydoo
16-10-2010, 02:40 PM

Good one, never heard that before............next. :bitchy:

if you say sausages really fast it sounds like gullable - try it

I thought it was if you said snowman really slow, it sounded like gullible. :wink:

bigstu
16-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Ross Chisholm??? he is not playing for Leith Ladies team these days

nonshinyfinish
16-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Mair chance of jocky scott or John 'the cowboy' McCormack getting the job. :greengrin

Teckle.

ScottB
16-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Thankyou for your and "Eaststand's" comments.
The parts I have underlined above say it all IMO
A good manager will always seek to improve no matter what job he is in and Sir AF is a good example.
Re JC : again I think you have hit the button . If he had cut his teeth at say a second division club and learnt his trade I genuinely believe he might still be at ER.

Or if he'd had a more capable assistant / mentor.

SurferRosa
16-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Just love the lack of real journalism that goes on these days, he has less of a clue about our next manager than we do!

Class A Fud!
Thing is, he wont give a flying ****** about our next manager....,we dinnae play in Glasgow and we dinnae play in blue. The man`s a tosser....!

hibsdaft
16-10-2010, 04:02 PM

more chance of the cowboy at the foot of the walk getting the job.

Dr_Regal
16-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Was Steve Clarke there?