PDA

View Full Version : Whats taking Rod so long.

silverhibee
02-10-2010, 08:30 PM
I expected a statement from the the board tonight stating that the manager had been relieved of all duties as the manager of Hibernian FC.
Still some time left to get it out Rod, it is a no brainer in the eye's of the Hibernian support, his time is up, and has to go now
Things will only get worse with this numpty in charge, nip it in the bud and get him as far away from ER as possible pronto, he is dragging Hibs down and it will get worse if this idiot is still in charge, dont know how i feel right now, gutted annoyed raging sad or all of them, horrible time's ahead i am afraid.
It take's two words Rod, YOUR SACKED to the manager, grow some and get it done tonight or Hibernain FC will be playing in the First Division next season if you stand by this clueless manager. Simply, get it done tonight.

:taxi :taxi :taxi :taxi :taxi :taxi :taxi :taxi :taxi :taxi

Hibby 2005
02-10-2010, 08:38 PM
I expected a statement from the the board tonight stating that the manager had been relieved of all duties as the manager of Hibernian FC.
Still some time left to get it out Rod, it is a no brainer in the eye's of the Hibernian support, his time is up, and has to go now
Things will only get worse with this numpty in charge, nip it in the bud and get him as far away from ER as possible pronto, he is dragging Hibs down and it will get worse if this idiot is still in charge, dont know how i feel right now, gutted annoyed raging sad or all of them, horrible time's ahead i am afraid.
It take's two words Rod, YOUR SACKED to the manager, grow some and get it done tonight or Hibernain FC will be playing in the First Division next season if you stand by this clueless manager. Simply, get it done tonight.

:taxi :taxi :taxi :taxi :taxi :taxi :taxi :taxi :taxi :taxi

Wishful thinking. As has been stated several times already Petrie will be hoping (praying) Yogi hands in his resignation therefore saving Hibs some money in compo if Yogi gets sacked.

Sir David Gray
02-10-2010, 08:39 PM
I don't expect to hear anything tonight but I do expect Rod to make a statement on Monday morning.

Carheenlea
02-10-2010, 08:40 PM
Our board are always credited with being prudent, canny and efficient, and not a board that gambles. Their prolonging of Hughes as manager is one dangerous gamble that should it go wrong would be catastrophic for our club.

We are surely at that point now where we can't afford NOT to dispense of his services.

Aldo
02-10-2010, 08:42 PM
sacked, mutual consent i dont give a flying...as long as he goes.

MrSmith
02-10-2010, 08:53 PM
As a former proponent of Johns, I'm afraid to say your time is up son! Give Ian Murray and Gareth Evans control until we get something more sorted or they prove to be good enough to continue.

I have a belief in Ian and Gareth, safe pair of hands and so on.

Jim44
02-10-2010, 08:53 PM

As one of the (probably) few who aren't particularly impressed by the financial wizard who runs our club, I don't give a monkey's about our enviable 'never mind the quality, feel the security' status. If your club is run by someone who can only see £££ signs and the team is run unsuccessfully by a moron, all the security and fancy surroundings (not very) count for hee-haw. Frankly, I couldn't care less if we were shot of both of them by Monday night. :tin hat:

Jack
02-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Not that I believe in psychics but I had a premonition that something happened at 10 past 7!
Is there a John here?

emmjayfox
02-10-2010, 09:14 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
02-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Well said Jim44 :agree:

3pm
02-10-2010, 09:52 PM
It's unlikely to be announced tonight. It's 'judges houses' on X-Factor and Rod is an avid fan.

silverhibee
02-10-2010, 10:51 PM
I saw Mr Petrie leave St Johnstones ground after the game and he looked far from impressed at what he had seen today, i was so tempted to say something to him, but didn't, he had a look of i know what i have to do on his face, sack Yogi, :greengrin, and he was far from happy after the game in the directors lounge.

:taxi will be called for before Monday.

Yogi will go, but cant see Rod leaving any time soon.

CB_NO3
02-10-2010, 10:56 PM
I saw Mr Petrie leave St Johnstones ground after the game and he looked far from impressed at what he had seen today, i was so tempted to say something to him, but didn't, he had a look of i know what i have to do on his face, sack Yogi, :greengrin, and he was far from happy after the game in the directors lounge.

:taxi will be called for before Monday.

Yogi will go, but cant see Rod leaving any time soon.
You should have said something. I think he should go now but I think the club will give him next week.

ScottB
02-10-2010, 11:28 PM
What worries me is, we are entering a 2 week break, IF the Board is thinking of sacking him, then surely they won't have a better moment than sacking him now and using the break to hunt for the new guy? If he doesn't go this weekend / Monday I fear we could be stuck with him for awhile yet...

silverhibee
02-10-2010, 11:52 PM
What worries me is, we are entering a 2 week break, if the Board IS thinking of sacking him, then surely they won't have a better moment than sacking him now and using the break to hunt for the new guy? If he doesn't go this weekend / Monday I fear we could be stuck with him for awhile yet...

I would consider not going back if he is still in charge for the next game.

Beefster
03-10-2010, 06:53 AM
I think that it's pretty much guaranteed that he'll be in charge for the Killie game. Our Board have previously proven that, when it comes to making big decisions regarding the football side of the club, they have no balls whatsoever.

IWasThere2016
03-10-2010, 07:13 AM
I said 6 months ago that 'this can't go' and if I was RP I'd sack Hughes. A dozen or so SPL matches on and we have 90%+ calling for his head. Where are you Petrie? Still counting yer beans? Get yer f'ing finger out! :grr:

Mac
03-10-2010, 07:23 AM
Well said Jim44 :agree:

you clearly need to explain to me what is well said, for someone who portrays themselves as 'in the know' you dont half come across as a prat!!! you and Jim are the people who are doing more damage with inane drivel on forums of this nature, you clearly have no concept or idea just how lucky we are to have someone like Rod Petrie, trust me there are more than a few clubs across the UK who would take him in a nano second!!! oh and before you try and belittle me or my knowledge of the working of a football club, i have been with a very high profile football club for over 3 years at management level, just to give my rant a little credibility, trust me even they cant believe how Rod has achieved what he has!!! yes by all means slate the manager but dont start calling the guy who has secured the future of Hibernian FC for many, many, years to come a moron!!

it always makes me laugh, people come on here and shout about this that and the other, this person is a moron, need to get rid of Petrie, blah blah, i have watched Hibs for over 30 years week in and week out, over those years there were spells where we were very good and had success and were an absolute pleasure to watch, however, these spells were short lived and for the most it was Alex Miller, Bobby Williamson etc etc style football, in other words utter pish, take your head out your arse, open your eyes and you might just see what is the good things about this great club and what the real issues are!!!

Davy Mac
03-10-2010, 07:53 AM
you clearly need to explain to me what is well said, for someone who portrays themselves as 'in the know' you dont half come across as a prat!!! you and Jim are the people who are doing more damage with inane drivel on forums of this nature, you clearly have no concept or idea just how lucky we are to have someone like Rod Petrie, trust me there are more than a few clubs across the UK who would take him in a nano second!!! oh and before you try and belittle me or my knowledge of the working of a football club, i have been with a very high profile football club for over 3 years at management level, just to give my rant a little credibility, trust me even they cant believe how Rod has achieved what he has!!! yes by all means slate the manager but dont start calling the guy who has secured the future of Hibernian FC for many, many, years to come a moron!!

it always makes me laugh, people come on here and shout about this that and the other, this person is a moron, need to get rid of Petrie, blah blah, i have watched Hibs for over 30 years week in and week out, over those years there were spells where we were very good and had success and were an absolute pleasure to watch, however, these spells were short lived and for the most it was Alex Miller, Bobby Williamson etc etc style football, in other words utter pish, take your head out your arse, open your eyes and you might just see what is the good things about this great club and what the real issues are!!!

And I've been in business myself for quite a long time and I certainly wouldn't put up with a Manager who clearly is under performing for the majority of 2010.

There is no light at the end of the tunnel with John Hughes in charge.

There are no friends in business, this is entertainment, this is a results based business and JH has failed, whether it's partially the players fault is irrelvant.

With regards to RP, he have delivered and executed a strategy superbly well and I will be ever grateful to him but his silence, non pro-active approach to the situation only fuels speculation/conspirancy etc etc.

Sorry fella, this stinks, nobody of RP calibre would put up with this unless there are factors in play and I personally don't think it's to do with compensation.

Dr Jimmy
03-10-2010, 07:54 AM
MAC....What are the real issues you're referring to?

Disc O'Dave
03-10-2010, 08:07 AM
As one of the (probably) few who aren't particularly impressed by the financial wizard who runs our club, I don't give a monkey's about our enviable 'never mind the quality, feel the security' status. If your club is run by someone who can only see £££ signs and the team is run unsuccessfully by a moron, all the security and fancy surroundings (not very) count for hee-haw. Frankly, I couldn't care less if we were shot of both of them by Monday night. :tin hat:

I see this creeping back in again more and more....

So how come this cold hearted "£ signs" for eyes capitalist money making machine has missed out on the fact that a succesful team, flying high in the league will rake in far more "££££££"'s than one struggling at the bottom of the league?

So I don't know where the insinuation comes from that the current plight suits his money-grabbing, evil master plan.

Mac
03-10-2010, 08:08 AM
And I've been in business myself for quite a long time and I certainly wouldn't put up with a Manager who clearly is under performing for the majority of 2010.

There is no light at the end of the tunnel with John Hughes in charge.

There are no friends in business, this is entertainment, this is a results based business and JH has failed, whether it's partially the players fault is irrelvant.

With regards to RP, he have delivered and executed a strategy superbly well and I will be ever grateful to him but his silence, non pro-active approach to the situation only fuels speculation/conspirancy etc etc.

Sorry fella, this stinks, nobody of RP calibre would put up with this unless there are factors in play and I personally don't think it's to do with compensation.

wont get an argument from me regards the manager and the only delay will be due to the fact they are weighing up the options, Hibs and Petrie have repeatedly stated they will not use the media until things are finalised which i like, i have no doubt they are being very proactive to look at what options are available before any announcement, these thing dont happen over night especially when your dealing with a volaitle company as a football club.

Max, the real issue is the manager, i just hate the abuse thrown at the one guy who hasnt just saved our club but made it the best run club in the country, not just best run but continued to grow and expand under horrific financial constraints and the worst economic slump.

IWasThere2016
03-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Mac - we have only one man to thank - STF. Not RP IMHO and through good and bad I've been consistent on this. Nowts gonna change that.

Hibercelona
03-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Until ticket sales drop, he'll see no reason to give Yogi the boot.

Hibs are all about the money. They couldn't care less how unhappy we are as supporters, as long as we keep handing over the cash.

BT58
03-10-2010, 08:28 AM
Get the gist of what your saying mac
RP has however made the decision of appointing the last 5 managers
we all know what happened to them, aye it's a gamble, problem is that
when you run a business, and you appointed 5 duff managers , then people
would start looking at you
perhaps RP should get a football think tank in to appoint the next manager
RP is certainly up there in a financial way
BUT THIS IS A FOOTBALL TEAM

PaulSmith
03-10-2010, 08:42 AM
Until ticket sales drop, he'll see no reason to give Yogi the boot.

Hibs are all about the money. They couldn't care less how unhappy we are as supporters, as long as we keep handing over the cash.

What a silly and uninformed statement.

Hibercelona
03-10-2010, 08:48 AM
What a silly and uninformed statement.

The board view Hibs as a business, not a football club. They are in it to make money, not to make us happy.

As long as we are willing to hand over the cash to watch that guff, they won't change a thing.

Aldo
03-10-2010, 09:07 AM
The board view Hibs as a business, not a football club. They are in it to make money, not to make us happy.
As long as we are willing to hand over the cash to watch that guff, they won't change a thing.

If it wasnt for the football there would be no business. I dont have a problem the way they run the club TBH. I have watched loads of guff over the years and when crowds were as low as 6,000.

The expectation of our club is high, always has been and always will be....fans of our club have always been let down.

I think you will find the board in quite a bit of discussion over the next couple of days and if things are not resolved by tomorrow then the AGM will be about Hughes and when he is getting the bullet.

We have regressed big time and we are heading for a Duff Jim era (in fact we are in one). buying crap players that are just not good enough (bar 1 or 2).

Hughes is way out of his depth and needs to go know before its too late. There is a long way to go before the end of the season and if we bring in a new manager we may still have a chance of top 6.

I really wish there wasnt an international break cos the Killie game at Home will be quite hard on the ears for Hughes and his stubborness and arrogance may not be able to hack folk shouting for him to gtf.

nuff said

BroxburnHibee
03-10-2010, 09:20 AM

:top marks

Trouble with places like this is its all too easy to band terms like 'moron', 'buffoon' & 'mixup' about without fear of reprisal.

If you were dealing with these guys on a day to day basis there is no way you'd hear that kind of ridiculous language.

TQM are you really saying STF has been pulling the strings all along on a daily basis - I thought he didn't want to be hands on (the very reason Petrie was put in place).

If you are then you give RP no credit for the transformation at Hibs over the last 15/20 years?

Personally your attacks on Rod through this forum IMO sound like you have your own agenda and have nothing to do with the job he has and continues to do.

Has he made mistakes? Is anyone perfect? Apart from you obviously.

Yogi has to go but Petrie!!!! Get a ******* grip.

lucky
03-10-2010, 09:34 AM
Hibs do care about fans views--email the club you will get a response.

RP and the board have done a fantastic job build the club up. But the football on show just now is rubbish. The manager is not taking the club forward. He appears to have lost the respect of the player and has almost certainly lost the support. Hughes has to go and quickly.

Whoever comes in must steady the ship, keep the club in the SPL. Then the board must provide most backing for the football side of the business. I would expect Hibs should have better player budget next year as we are told the East is payed for so is East mains. We have also sold Stokes and removed him from the payroll.

The club is strong financially but if we go down it will set the club back years.

northgreen24
03-10-2010, 09:35 AM

Trouble with places like this is its all too easy to band terms like 'moron', 'buffoon' & 'mixup' about without fear of reprisal.

If you were dealing with these guys on a day to day basis there is no way you'd hear that kind of ridiculous language.

TQM are you really saying STF has been pulling the strings all along on a daily basis - I thought he didn't want to be hands on (the very reason Petrie was put in place).

If you are then you give RP no credit for the transformation at Hibs over the last 15/20 years?

Personally your attacks on Rod through this forum IMO sound like you have your own agenda and have nothing to do with the job he has and continues to do.

Funny how we were all reasonably happy when JH was appointed given the other potential candidates but now it has gone wrong it is all RP fault?????

were we not the football people who put his name on all of our poles / forums, RP then takes this in to account but it is his fault that JH just carried on being the crap manager he was at falkirk (apart form the cup final)

HFC 0-7
03-10-2010, 09:37 AM

I think most will agree that petrie has done well on the financial side of things and building structures however I would say that he has failed big time on the footballing side of things but really isnt his fault. Petrie is an accountant and probably doesnt have a footballing brain so will find it difficult spending money on the playing staff and managers as you dont really see what your getting like you do when paying for a stand etc.

Petrie has managed to rake in around 16 million in transfer fees since 2006. no other club outside the old firm has managed this yet we have struggled on the pitch in this time. Everyone bangs on about us being financially sound etc etc but smaller clubs than us are having more success on the pitch and they are dealing in the same financial climate than us with smaller budgets.

This is because, IMO, we dont have anyone on the board with a footballing brain that can advise the board what they think needs investment first and whether certain players are worth the risk.

IMO, I think getting someone on board with a footballing brain to advise the board would be a great recipe for Hibs. Petrie has shown that he is great and getting funds together for certain things, if someone can advise him of what to get the funds together for then I think it will see hibs move forward. First port of call would be getting someone on board that can advise Petrie and Co who would be an ideal candidate for the Hibs manager job.

HFC 0-7
03-10-2010, 09:39 AM

Funny how we were all reasonably happy when JH was appointed given the other potential candidates but now it has gone wrong it is all RP fault?????

were we not the football people who put his name on all of our poles / forums, RP then takes this in to account but it is his fault that JH just carried on being the crap manager he was at falkirk (apart form the cup final)

petrie gets paid a lot and therefore is the one that is accountable. As to taking into account polls on football forums, is Petrie takes this into account then he needs his head read. He must know how fickle supporters are and how quick they can turn therefore taking into account a poll on a football forum would be a silly thing to do. I believ there is a poll right now that show anne widdecome could do a better job?

Toaods
03-10-2010, 09:58 AM
I believ there is a poll right now that show anne widdecome could do a better job?

well there you are, proof that we Hibby's do indeed know exactly where we're at...:greengrin

RickyS
03-10-2010, 10:02 AM
petrie gets paid a lot and therefore is the one that is accountable. As to taking into account polls on football forums, is Petrie takes this into account then he needs his head read. He must know how fickle supporters are and how quick they can turn therefore taking into account a poll on a football forum would be a silly thing to do. I believ there is a poll right now that show anne widdecome could do a better job?

lets be realistic, can we compete salary wise with Strictly?

Hiber-nation
03-10-2010, 10:27 AM

Well I'm very happy that we have the 3rd best stadium in the league by a mile and a training centre that is the envy of clubs near and far.

I'm sure even RP would have made a sub after an hour yesterday :cool2:

Green_one
03-10-2010, 10:29 AM
I would consider not going back if he is still in charge for the next game.

The next game against Killie is liable to be a train wreck that no-one can be looking forward to. However, for that reason, part of me just needs to be there. Its a bit like the semi against Hearts, you know what is going to happen but need to see it. Well I do, which probably means I need considerable psychiatric care. :boo hoo:

BSEJVT
03-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Firstly let me say that I have wanted shot of Hughes for a long time and was unconvinced by his appointment when it was made.

I have taken a keen interest in the evolution of Hibs since STF took over and especially what's happened post Williamson, who I absolutely detested at the time, like no other Hibs Manager in nearly 50 years, but now see as a necessary evil who IMO and with the benefit of hindsight did the club a great turn before needing to be moved on, when he reached his limitations.

I am interested in the financial side of the club as well and I have never shared the blind optimism of some on here about how well we were doing financially and have always tried to paint a pessimistic view as I think there is much to be concerned about in Hibs finances.

Even in my worst nightmares I didnt see us developing East Mains & the East Terrace whilst continuing to post continuing £2m trading losses in such a short timescale.

There are no more assets to sell to repay that loss.

I posted a couple of years back, before the East Stand development, that last season and this season were going to be hugely difficult for us and would have and will settle for not being relegated.

I actually now think that difficulty will run on for another two years minimum.

The problem with the team is a lack of energy, youth and pace and a lack of guys with their best years ahead of them.

There are far too many guys in that team simply picking up a wage with nowhere to go and no potential for a "life changing" move upwards.

I think you could appoint Mourinho or SAF and we would still have problems.

What we need is someone to get the best out of what we have and to start an accelarated blooding of youth and picking up young players from the lower divisions in Scotland and England and EPL reserve teams.

Hughes isnt the guy for that and needs to go now.

There are no millions to spend on the team and whoever comes in is going to need time to sort out the shambles we are.

We waited too long with Duff Jimmy and got relegated as a result.

Lets not make the same mistake twice.

BTW Duff Jimmys team was much better to watch than this dross but had the same absolute failing of being unable to keep a clean sheet.

When was our last one?

IWasThere2016
03-10-2010, 10:31 AM
I'm not saying STF is pulling the strings on a daily basis - I never have. I am saying:

- STF put the money up
- STF loaned Hibs millions and then wrote these loans off
- STF hasn't taken a penny out of Hibs

RP has had for years - IMHO - an overly generous salary completely dis-protionate to achievements on the park, and our turnover. Some of the things the day to day man should be judged on. He has also made more poor appointments than good ones IMHO.

And FTR I've not called for him to go but I would not be bothered if he did.

We have 3 CAs on our Board - other than a firm of CAs - I'm not sure there's any need for that number nor their salary packages either.

smurf
03-10-2010, 10:37 AM

:rolleyes:

Any other CEO of a multi Million Pound company wouldn't survive RP's dismal record of Management appointments.

I don't want RP to go. But he has to address the most important position at the football club and do it now. And preferably get it right.

The Manager is rightly held to account for his signings and his results.

It's not ridiculous to suggest IMHO the CEO or Chairman should be held to account for his appointments responsible for signings and results.

TheEastTerrace
03-10-2010, 10:43 AM

I don't have any issue with RP's management of the club in a business sense. However, I would like him and the other board members to take accountability for some fairly poor managerial appointments in a football capacity. In my eyes, they have mainly been cheap options, and some have been appointments that play on the sentiment of the fans i.e. they are good Hibs men. I've got news for them, just because they were good players at Hibs, doesn't mean they are cut out to be good managers at Hibs. If they need support from outside sources, then take them. If they have been seeking outside sources for advice, can I suggest they start speaking to people who have a clue about football? Take our current incumbent, he took Falkirk to a whisker of relegation, so why was he selected? Because he was cheap and appeased the fans. Sorry, it's not good enough. They all are paid good salaries to run the club, and it's about time they were made accountable for what happens on the pitch too, because their management choices have been lamentable.

BoltonHibee
03-10-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm not saying STF is pulling the strings on a daily basis - I never have. I am saying:

- STF put the money up
- STF loaned Hibs millions and then wrote these loans off
- STF hasn't taken a penny out of Hibs

RP has had for years - IMHO - an overly generous salary completely dis-protionate to achievements on the park, and our turnover. Some of the things the day to day man should be judged on. He has also made more poor appointments than good ones IMHO.

And FTR I've not called for him to go but I would not be bothered if he did.

We have 3 CAs on our Board - other than a firm of CAs - I'm not sure there's any need for that number nor their salary packages either.

Accountants should NEVER run a business. Have them by all means as right hand men and advisors but never let them run loose with the business.

We are in dire straights on the footballing side, which in the wider scheme of things have been ignored to our peril.

You are correct on his remuniration package, completely disproportionate to the size of our business, and state!

northgreen24
03-10-2010, 10:50 AM
:rolleyes:

Any other CEO of a multi Million Pound company wouldn't survive RP's dismal record of Management appointments.

I don't want RP to go. But he has to address the most important position at the football club and do it now. And preferably get it right.

The Manager is rightly held to account for his signings and his results.

It's not ridiculous to suggest IMHO the CEO or Chairman should be held to account for his appointments responsible for signings and results.

Apointment -all ones that the fans were happy with and could see why given our buget etc
Signings - only gets involved with ones that the manager has identified no?
reslults - down to the manager and players (the board has provided the resources and facilites comparable to most)

hhibs
03-10-2010, 10:53 AM

Agree,problem is more than just our manager IMHO.

euro Hibby
03-10-2010, 11:02 AM
don't believe you can blame the board for too much.

- managerial appointments have been pretty much approved by the Hibs fan base over the years.

- Yogi should have been sacked after the 4th position but that was never going to happen for obvious reasons.

- The pool was thought to be good by most preseason now all of a sudden its crap.

could we have done better - probably !

I think you can fix the football side of things only if you have a good budget or you have really good contacts in the gameand you can pick up the right players.

Yogi does seem to be illiterate tactically , I wonder about his sidekick ! ?

Note in general , Rangers and Celtic seem to be pulling away further when in other countries other teams have closed in on the big two !

Hibercelona
03-10-2010, 11:26 AM
If it wasnt for the football there would be no business. I dont have a problem the way they run the club TBH. I have watched loads of guff over the years and when crowds were as low as 6,000.

The expectation of our club is high, always has been and always will be....fans of our club have always been let down.

I think you will find the board in quite a bit of discussion over the next couple of days and if things are not resolved by tomorrow then the AGM will be about Hughes and when he is getting the bullet.

We have regressed big time and we are heading for a Duff Jim era (in fact we are in one). buying crap players that are just not good enough (bar 1 or 2).

Hughes is way out of his depth and needs to go know before its too late. There is a long way to go before the end of the season and if we bring in a new manager we may still have a chance of top 6.

I really wish there wasnt an international break cos the Killie game at Home will be quite hard on the ears for Hughes and his stubborness and arrogance may not be able to hack folk shouting for him to gtf.

nuff said

I couldn't agree more about Yogi having to leave.

The point i'm trying to make is that the board of directors arent going to spend any money on sacking a manager and bringing a new one in, until it effects the profit margin.

The board of directors of any business are "tight fisted bassas" and will only spend money when they think it will be worth while to themselves.

They have no reason to change anything until it has a negative impact on the profits. They couldn't care less how unhappy we are, as long as we keep putting the money in.

Its sad. But thats business for you.

Alfred E Newman
03-10-2010, 11:40 AM
Get the gist of what your saying mac
RP has however made the decision of appointing the last 5 managers
we all know what happened to them, aye it's a gamble, problem is that
when you run a business, and you appointed 5 duff managers , then people
would start looking at you
perhaps RP should get a football think tank in to appoint the next manager
RP is certainly up there in a financial way
BUT THIS IS A FOOTBALL TEAM

The appointment of those managers was largely met with approval from the majority of supporters, the possible exception being Williamson. To say they were all duff is not a fair comment. Even the dire Williamson left us with a wealth of young talent that blossomed under Mowbray .
None of these managers were sacked, the exception hopefully being Yogi.
I am sure Petrie and co did ask around before making these appointments, it took them long enough each time.
A manager must be left to run the playing side of things without interference from the board, we have seen the result of that elsewhere.
I think Petrie has been great for the club but if he has a fault it is remaining too loyal to his employee.
Lets hope he realises now that the time has come to put that employee , and the supporters , out of their misery.

truehibernian
03-10-2010, 11:50 AM
STF, Petrie and Lindsay & Co are doing the best job out of any club in the country (and I include the UK) regards off field finance and ensuring the club is on firm footing. They rightly give the manager and his team the sole remit for footballing decisions and matters.

STF and Petrie have succeeded in their role without a shadow of doubt.

John Hughes and his management team are failing.

The Board have to now make the business and football decision combined.....

That decision, for me, is easy. They must act and they must open the cheque book and pay Hughes, Rice and Evans off. New broom, new culture, new discipline and some old head experience.

I was genuinely surprised but heartened so see so many of us in Perth. It shows we care and we have passion and love for the club. But it is waning amongst even the hardest core of the fans. Hughes position is untenable and he must be sacked before we plummet further.

Houchy
03-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Maybe Rod's thinking back to what happened to our crowds the last time we got relegated and it's part of a masterplan. IIRC we had the 3rd highest average attendance in Scotland that year which then carried through to the following season too.

At least that way, he can keep Yogi in for another season thus reducing the compo payment. Win Win for Petrie:greengrin

mcfly
03-10-2010, 12:01 PM
according to the quote in the news of the world yogi is under no pressure and the chairman understands what he is trying to achieve.

this guy has lost the plot if he thinks he's under no pressure with about 8 wins in 2010.

he says we've only played 7 league games, we were pumped in europe and weve been dross since jan 2010.

empty stands are all that the board will understand.

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 12:04 PM
according to the quote in the news of the world yogi is under no pressure and the chairman understands what he is trying to achieve.

this guy has lost the plot if he thinks he's under no pressure with about 8 wins in 2010.

he says we've only played 7 league games, we were pumped in europe and weve been dross since jan 2010.

empty stands are all that the board will understand.

Glory hunters. Whats happened to we'll support you ever more?

mcfly
03-10-2010, 12:04 PM
remember its the agm tomorrow night.

how will yogi react to the inevitable questions about his future??.

he's lost the plot with the bbc reporters, he may also do so with the fans.

im not denying his passion for hibs but he's out his depth.

please can we spend some decent money on an experienced manager who knows the game.

Ray_
03-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Petrie has managed to rake in around 16 million in transfer fees since 2006. no other club outside the old firm has managed this yet we have struggled on the pitch in this time.

Hearts must have come very close to this figure.

BroxburnHibee
03-10-2010, 12:07 PM

I will support Hibs ever more - doesn't mean I'll force myself to waste half a Saturday watching this pish.

mcfly
03-10-2010, 12:16 PM

hibs supporters glory hunters.....what a ridiculous comment

2 league cups in 20 yrs
nae scottish cups in 108 yrs
occasional european football

if you're a hibs fan your hardly a glory hunter.

however the least you can expect is fitness, committment, organsiation and a manager who knows how to change a game.

BEEJ
03-10-2010, 12:21 PM
What we need is someone to get the best out of what we have and to start an accelarated blooding of youth and picking up young players from the lower divisions in Scotland and England and EPL reserve teams.

Hughes isnt the guy for that and needs to go now.

There are no millions to spend on the team and whoever comes in is going to need time to sort out the shambles we are.

We waited too long with Duff Jimmy and got relegated as a result.

Lets not make the same mistake twice.

What he said.

Houchy
03-10-2010, 12:22 PM
I will support Hibs ever more - doesn't mean I'll force myself to waste half a Saturday watching this pish.

:agree:

Couldn't agree more and sums up exactly how I feel right now.

It's not even just about wasting your time or money, it's the emotional attachment too. Getting pumped every week is not good for you (said the choir boy to the pope:greengrin).

smurf
03-10-2010, 12:38 PM
Apointment -all ones that the fans were happy with and could see why given our buget etc
Signings - only gets involved with ones that the manager has identified no?
reslults - down to the manager and players (the board has provided the resources and facilites comparable to most)

I wanted Yogi to get the job. Felt that overall he had done a good job in tough circumstances at Falkirk.

I spoke to an ex Hibs player last night. I mentioned some of the tales coming out from ER/EM "...but he was known for all of that at Falkirk!!" was the reply.

Went on to say that it was well known within the game.

No idea if there's any truth in any of it but did the board not do their homework and carry out due dilligence etc etc?

Ray_
03-10-2010, 12:44 PM

I’m not exactly a novice when it comes to management myself, having spent most of my working life in that capacity and I’ve also done accounts at a post grad level & I really find all this hero worship stuff bewildering. Is football management that guff that a reasonable professional is so highly revered?

During Petrie’s shift, not everything has been plain sailing, serious mistakes have also been made. An example being the complete lack of trust between the support & board during the early millenium, this resulted in consultants being hired, before dialogue could take place, to put SUABC in place & lets not forget about our debt rising to 19M, sure the debt has been seriously reduced, but not without cost.

The best team in generations was sold to pay off part of the debt & it wasn’t until Collins upped the anti, that we got a truer market value for our players. We also had the cash from the sale of the car park, therefore reducing the debt was hardly ground breaking management, was it?

The board has done an excellent job on the infrastructure, however, businesses are judged on their success & where we are with Hibs it is a growing disilusionment with the product on offer.

The base income of any football clubs is attendance figures, whether walk up or annual tickets, merchandising, sponsorship & hospitality. At Hibs it is going down, year on year, how is that a success?

We have more or less sold off any assets we had. Our position, to me, in any other industry, would be considered as having serious failings, why do you think it is so different in football? Unless of course, like I said at the onset, football management is generally so poor.

silverhibee
03-10-2010, 12:49 PM

Thats not what you were saying when Mixu was in charge. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 12:50 PM

hibs supporters glory hunters.....what a ridiculous comment

2 league cups in 20 yrs
nae scottish cups in 108 yrs
occasional european football

if you're a hibs fan your hardly a glory hunter.

however the least you can expect is fitness, committment, organsiation and a manager who knows how to change a game.

I stopped going a few years ago, but very quickly realised i was wrong. By not turning up apart from letting the team down you do not support Hibs when they need you the most.

euro Hibby
03-10-2010, 01:02 PM
To Ray in Irelands post - would agree with some of the points but I suppose it is really how and what you pwerceive as success.

- bottom line profit ( Hibs 5 years in a row )

- or championships and cups Barcelona but with 4/500 M debt.

Hibs with a wee turnover of around 7 million can't operate at the top end without going back deep in to debt.

silverhibee
03-10-2010, 01:05 PM
I wanted Yogi to get the job. Felt that overall he had done a good job in tough circumstances at Falkirk.

I spoke to an ex Hibs player last night. I mentioned some of the tales coming out from ER/EM "...but he was known for all of that at Falkirk!!" was the reply.

Went on to say that it was well known within the game.

No idea if there's any truth in any of it but did the board not do their homework and carry out due dilligence etc etc?

The Board new what they were taking on when they appointed Hughes as manager, they were told things would change regarding his behaviour, it was well known in the football industry that our manager was a bully, referees dislike him for his behaviour on the sidelines, the SPL were not happy with his behaviour and the way he spoke to people in the game, find me a Falkirk supporter who will say anything good about Hughes, there aren't many, things have not got better ER with him, and they are getting worse by the week.

Time to pull the plug on Hughes before he can do any more damage to H.F.C., if that is possible.

:taxi :taxi :taxi :taxi :taxi

smurf
03-10-2010, 01:11 PM
The Board new what they were taking on when they appointed Hughes as manager, they were told things would change regarding his behaviour, it was well known in the football industry that our manager was a bully, referees dislike him for his behaviour on the sidelines, the SPL were not happy with his behaviour and the way he spoke to people in the game, find me a Falkirk supporter who will say anything good about Hughes, there aren't many, things have not got better ER with him, and they are getting worse by the week.

Time to pull the plug on Hughes before he can do any more damage to H.F.C., if that is possible.

:taxi :taxi :taxi :taxi :taxi

So what exactly is stopping the inevitable?:grr:

Cropley10
03-10-2010, 01:14 PM
wont get an argument from me regards the manager and the only delay will be due to the fact they are weighing up the options, Hibs and Petrie have repeatedly stated they will not use the media until things are finalised which i like, i have no doubt they are being very proactive to look at what options are available before any announcement, these thing dont happen over night especially when your dealing with a volaitle company as a football club.

Max, the real issue is the manager, i just hate the abuse thrown at the one guy who hasnt just saved our club but made it the best run club in the country, not just best run but continued to grow and expand under horrific financial constraints and the worst economic slump.

:agree::agree::agree:Mr Petrie has done a fantastic job of selling all our best players.

He also did a fantastic job of selling the car park.

Thank God for Rod Petrie - we would have been in a right mess if wasn't for him.

Beefster
03-10-2010, 01:18 PM

Didn't you threaten to or actually stop going during Mixu's reign?

CRAZYHIBBY
03-10-2010, 01:19 PM
HUGHES OUT BUTCHER IN!!!!!!!! You heard it here first:agree:

please note above statement may not actually be true

hibiedude
03-10-2010, 01:22 PM

:whistle:

Dirkster23
03-10-2010, 01:32 PM

Sssshh, your not meant to mention that BH stopped going to games until Mixu was sacked :agree:

TheEastTerrace
03-10-2010, 01:32 PM

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 01:45 PM

:whistle:

Sssshh, your not meant to mention that BH stopped going to games until Mixu was sacked :agree:

I stopped going a few years ago, but very quickly realised i was wrong. By not turning up apart from letting the team down you do not support Hibs when they need you the most.

Above. :rolleyes:

Spike Mandela
03-10-2010, 02:00 PM

Just wondering how you work in management level at a high profile club but manage to watch Hibs week in week out??

Umless off course you are Rod:confused:

IWasThere2016
03-10-2010, 02:12 PM
FAO of truehibernian - the best run club in the country is - not Hibs - but Arsenal .. by a mile. Profits up (not via player sales), debt down (and affordable) and turnover up. Different league to us I'm afraid.

truehibernian
03-10-2010, 02:28 PM
FAO of truehibernian - the best run club in the country is - not Hibs - but Arsenal .. by a mile. Profits up (not via player sales), debt down (and affordable) and turnover up. Different league to us I'm afraid.

On economies of scale I would say we are better run. Arsenal still have to have a good couple of seasons before they break even and have not spent large in transfers because of the stadium costs/outlay. Wenger admitted as much hence he has (positively IMHO) relied on good, technically gifted youth/young players (Clichy, Toure, Diaby,Sagnol, Fabregas, Van Persie, now Wilshire) to supplement his marquee signings like Arshavin, Nasri and Chamakh.

I agree they are a very well run club, better than any of their competitors, but Hibernian are a blueprint for provincial clubs and those that are not regarded in the "superclub" bracket.

Bear in mind the huge TV income, worldwide media coverage of the EPL and the stature of the club, I would say Hibs are doing not too badly over the last 10 year period in comparison.

Beefster
03-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Above. :rolleyes:

Folk stuck with Hibs/Mixu when you wouldn't so I reckon that they've earned the right to do what they want now without being preached at.

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Folk stuck with Hibs/Mixu when you wouldn't so I reckon that they've earned the right to do what they want now without being preached at.

Not at all, i was wrong to abandon the team when it needed me the most. Those doing it now are wrong too.:confused:

SRHibs
03-10-2010, 02:37 PM
Not at all, i was wrong to abandon the team when it needed me the most. Those doing it now are wrong too.:confused:
So they're making the same error of judgement that you made yourself. Hence why you should be a bit more understanding.

Anyway, like it or not, the main thing you go to the football for is the entertainment, so I can see why people wouldn't want to go at this moment in time.:wink:

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 02:45 PM
So they're making the same error of judgement that you made yourself. Hence why you should be a bit more understanding.

Anyway, like it or not, the main thing you go to the football for is the entertainment, so I can see why people wouldn't want to go at this moment in time.:wink:

The thing is i do understand how they feel. :wink: But just as i was wrong a few seasons ago, they are wrong now.

HFC 0-7
03-10-2010, 02:52 PM
I think one of the most concerning things about the Board not acting and sacking hughes is the fact we have so many players out of contract at the end of the season. If we get further down the table, who will want to sign an extension? If Yogi is still at the helm, who will want to sign an extension. I wouldnt be surprised if these players out of contract wont entertain talks until after January when their agents can get busy getting pre contracts lined up.

We could end up losing our best players and having no money to replace them if the board doesnt act.

Cropley10
03-10-2010, 03:06 PM
I think one of the most concerning things about the Board not acting and sacking hughes is the fact we have so many players out of contract at the end of the season. If we get further down the table, who will want to sign an extension? If Yogi is still at the helm, who will want to sign an extension. I wouldnt be surprised if these players out of contract wont entertain talks until after January when their agents can get busy getting pre contracts lined up.

We could end up losing our best players and having no money to replace them if the board doesnt act.

Don't worry. Mr Petrie has it covered.:wink:

hibiedude
03-10-2010, 03:07 PM

There is no entertainment down Easter Road way these days and I find it funny how some people think Yogi is going to get us out this hole when he clearly dosen't have any answers of how the change things around.

if he did we wouldn't be in this mess it's been 7-8 months how long does he want ?

YehButNoBut
03-10-2010, 03:08 PM

I'd be happy if most of them left, to be honest. :agree:

Jim44
03-10-2010, 03:25 PM
I see this creeping back in again more and more....

So how come this cold hearted "£ signs" for eyes capitalist money making machine has missed out on the fact that a succesful team, flying high in the league will rake in far more "££££££"'s than one struggling at the bottom of the league?

So I don't know where the insinuation comes from that the current plight suits his money-grabbing, evil master plan.

I don't think the 'money making machine' is unaware of the financial potential of a successful team. I do think however that he is happier to keep us in a comfortable financial position with a mediocre, ( unfortunately we're not even that at the moment) cheaply put together team than with a stronger team which has involved some financial investment. Yes, to coin the filthy phrase.............'speculate to accumulate'. I'm not opening up this old chestnut yet again as it's been done to death, but I personally firmly believe that until we are willing to put a significant investment into the squad, we will never rise above general mediocrity. When Petrie comes to his senses and realises how dire our situation has become, he'll probably make a few bob availabe to drag us back up to the dizzy heights of mediocrity, but never beyond.

ginger_rice
03-10-2010, 03:30 PM

Remember the number of them who bailed out last time we went down, stating they weren't prepared to play 1st division football, yet it was them who got us relegated :grr:

To me the managers position should be the highest paid position in the club in that way we should be able to attract the right calibre candidate.

Hibernian should never be outwith the top 6 and we should never accept less.

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 03:32 PM
I don't think the 'money making machine' is unaware of the financial potential of a successful team. I do think however that he is happier to keep us in a comfortable financial position with a mediocre, ( unfortunately we're not even that at the moment) cheaply put together team than with a stronger team which has involved some financial investment. Yes, to coin the filthy phrase.............'speculate to accumulate'. I'm not opening up this old chestnut yet again as it's been done to death, but I personally firmly believe that until we are willing to put a significant investment into the squad, we will never rise above general mediocrity. When Petrie comes to his senses and realises how dire our situation has become, he'll probably make a few bob availabe to drag us back up to the dizzy heights of mediocrity, but never beyond.

I disagree to a certain extent. The club has to be run without going into debt, and with everything now in place, it has its best chance since the 70s of actually achieving a little better than mediocrity. You have to have everything in place before that can come to fruition, the team is the obvious exception to this at the moment, but we cant go spending what we don't have chasing the dream.

Whether its Hughes or the next man, he will have a better chance than previous men because of the work done behind the scenes, its just a pity its the hardest part.:boo hoo:

BoltonHibee
03-10-2010, 03:35 PM
On economies of scale I would say we are better run. Arsenal still have to have a good couple of seasons before they break even and have not spent large in transfers because of the stadium costs/outlay. Wenger admitted as much hence he has (positively IMHO) relied on good, technically gifted youth/young players (Clichy, Toure, Diaby,Sagnol, Fabregas, Van Persie, now Wilshire) to supplement his marquee signings like Arshavin, Nasri and Chamakh.

I agree they are a very well run club, better than any of their competitors, but Hibernian are a blueprint for provincial clubs and those that are not regarded in the "superclub" bracket.

Bear in mind the huge TV income, worldwide media coverage of the EPL and the stature of the club, I would say Hibs are doing not too badly over the last 10 year period in comparison.

Have Arsenal not turned in some substantial profits over the last 2 seasons?

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Have Arsenal not turned in some substantial profits over the last 2 seasons?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/arsenal-confirm-huge-profits-2088511.html

I think they sold a couple of car parks. :wink:

Cropley10
03-10-2010, 04:35 PM

:agree: - Bamba is now our only saleable asset. The number of below average journeymen we have had play for the Green & White since Mowbray left gives me an idea of what Rod thinks about footballers...