PDA

View Full Version : Why is all the abuse aimed at Hughes....

Billy Whizz
02-10-2010, 07:19 PM
When the players have let US down!

hibby67
02-10-2010, 07:20 PM
because he picks the players and the shape of the team
if they are not doing a job then why are they still getting picked???

M11BMO
02-10-2010, 07:25 PM
The majority of the players getting picked week after week were brought in by Hughes.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-10-2010, 07:26 PM
Because he asked for it - no really he did

Antifa Hibs
02-10-2010, 07:28 PM
because he picks the players and the shape of the team
if they are not doing a job then why are they still getting picked???

Nail on the head.

E.T. is a Hibee
02-10-2010, 07:30 PM

Are you kidding mate?

That was a good comment last month, now though, it aint!

Have you been listening to the Interviews? He treats the players like crap, has his favourites that are crap and falls out with the players in public, also he sets the team up poorly week in week out.

TheBall'sRound
02-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Nail on the head.

Reason No. 882: One down against St Johnstone, desperate for a goal; a result, and a striker sitting on the bench. And we finish with the same misfiring eleven he started with. He's clueless.

Jonnyboy
02-10-2010, 07:36 PM

To a degree you're right as the players are the one's out there playing BUT as has been said elsewhere it's the manager that selects his side, creates the tactics and changes things (sic) when all is not going well during a game.

truehibernian
02-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Reason No. 882: One down against St Johnstone, desperate for a goal; a result, and a striker sitting on the bench. And we finish with the same misfiring eleven he started with. He's clueless.

Just after one down you can also fit into that phrase "gets out dugout and laughs with the fourth official then goes back into the dugout to hide again"

Antifa Hibs
02-10-2010, 07:40 PM

Maribor away summed it up for me. I was slating him for the last third of last season, thought his interviews pre-season where again spot on and i gave him another chance (I'll never fall for that again), spent £500 to go to Maribor, only to see our best strikers on the bench and see us play the worst 4-5-1 i've ever seen.

As you say, clueless. He must know that aswell, most probably doesn't want to give up a few quid in compensation.

johnnyfelly
02-10-2010, 07:41 PM

a-he manages hibs
b-he picks the team that he thinks will win the game
c-no matter how well players play dont play,buck stops with him,he should know who is/isnt performing,if he cant manage that see that then theres no place for him,managers are judged on win/loses,he knows that,every manager knows that.

E.T. is a Hibee
02-10-2010, 07:43 PM
Maribor away summed it up for me. I was slating him for the last third of last season, thought his interviews pre-season where again spot on and i gave him another chance (I'll never fall for that again), spent £500 to go to Maribor, only to see our best strikers on the bench and see us play the worst 4-5-1 i've ever seen.

As you say, clueless. He must know that aswell, most probably doesn't want to give up a few quid in compensation.

I gave him till today! Sorry to hear you spent all that cash, your right, imagine not playing our best strikers! unbelivable:grr:

Bobby's Cinema
02-10-2010, 08:19 PM

:agree: Me too mate. He leaves 40 goals last season sat on the bench. He spent pre-season in Holland to get us playing a dutch type style of football, passing an moving. So he then plays a 4-5-1 with a big man up front? Contradictory to my eyes. The dutch style of play is never going to be suited to the spl either, with the quick pace and closing down. Ed De Graff's slow start at Hibs is testament to that. That pre-season tour was a pointless exercise IMO.

Back to the point,

- He plainly can't see the lack of width as its a problem each week
- His use of substitutes, or lack of, is beyond belief. Bring them on at a time they can make an impact FFS. Thats my biggest gripe

Overall, it appeared there was no shape or system to the team whatsoever. There were 3 and 4 players chasing the same ball at times.

Time to go :grr:

tony
02-10-2010, 09:41 PM
:agree: Me too mate. He leaves 40 goals last season sat on the bench. He spent pre-season in Holland to get us playing a dutch type style of football, passing an moving. So he then plays a 4-5-1 with a big man up front? Contradictory to my eyes. The dutch style of play is never going to be suited to the spl either, with the quick pace and closing down. Ed De Graff's slow start at Hibs is testament to that. That pre-season tour was a pointless exercise IMO.

Back to the point,

- He plainly can't see the lack of width as its a problem each week
- His use of substitutes, or lack of, is beyond belief. Bring them on at a time they can make an impact FFS. Thats my biggest gripe

Overall, it appeared there was no shape or system to the team whatsoever. There were 3 and 4 players chasing the same ball at times.

Time to go :grr:

I can't agree that Dutch style passing and moving would have much problem here, as seen by Utrecht's hammering of Celtic. The reality is that Hibs in no way whatsover play pass and move football. Pass (slowly), pause, pause, pass (slowly) pause pause football with no change in variation, save giving it all up for aimless hoofs towards Nish. Ok, not as snappy as pass and move but much more accurate. I agree about the lack of shape and system and blame the manager because he has, in SPL terms, not a bad squad of players who play like they have absolutely no idea what they are supposed to be doing, and no idea how to go about controlling and winning a game. Add to that the slowest forward line in history while youngsters on loan are banging them in then you have our club, hopeless, directionless and useless.

Things do have to change, as we could be in serious trouble - if in fact we're not already there.

Steve-O
02-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Players are bunch of lazy primadonnas, however it's clear that Yogi hasn't got a clue, and obviously isn't the person to get the best out of them.

Time to go.

yekimevol
02-10-2010, 09:49 PM
why is it hughes fault ????
it is now his squad he has had time to create or improve apon the squad he already had.

witch means that if it all goes wrong witch it has, that it is hughes fault !!!!!

i had more hope under mixu before he left than now.

Glasgow Hibee
02-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Hughes gets the abuse because the bottom line is - it is up to the manager to get the best out of the players.

If decent players (which is what we have for this league) are poor for one or two games it might be the player's fault, if good players are bad for months on end its the managers fault.

I hate swapping managers as often as we have recently but I've all but lost hope with this one and I supported him when he came in (supported Mixu too - so what do I know).

sparkiehibs
02-10-2010, 09:51 PM

Yogi has picked these players

Yogi has bought these players

Yogi has got the tactics/player choices wrong way too often

Yogi has not used substitutes properly

Yogi has not got the confidence of the players up

Yogi doesnt appear to working on our mistakes in training

Yes, the players are not playing well but this comes for the most part from bad tactics/players choices/substitutes

One Day Soon
02-10-2010, 09:53 PM

WTF? Are you frickin' serious? He has not-got-a-clue.

Bobby's Cinema
02-10-2010, 10:16 PM
I can't agree that Dutch style passing and moving would have much problem here, as seen by Utrecht's hammering of Celtic. The reality is that Hibs in no way whatsover play pass and move football. Pass (slowly), pause, pause, pass (slowly) pause pause football with no change in variation, save giving it all up for aimless hoofs towards Nish. Ok, not as snappy as pass and move but much more accurate. I agree about the lack of shape and system and blame the manager because he has, in SPL terms, not a bad squad of players who play like they have absolutely no idea what they are supposed to be doing, and no idea how to go about controlling and winning a game. Add to that the slowest forward line in history while youngsters on loan are banging them in then you have our club, hopeless, directionless and useless.

Things do have to change, as we could be in serious trouble - if in fact we're not already there.
As toothless as we've been the last couple of weeks, I am very surprised that he hasn't yet recalled Byrne. It needs freshened up badly.

And as we are now, we are in trouble. I cannot see how Yogi can turn it around. Every week that goes by we are drifting further away and delaying the inevitable.

Bobby's Cinema
02-10-2010, 10:17 PM
Yogi has picked these players

Yogi has bought these players

Yogi has got the tactics/player choices wrong way too often

Yogi has not used substitutes properly

Yogi has not got the confidence of the players up

Yogi doesnt appear to working on our mistakes in training

Yes, the players are not playing well but this comes for the most part from bad tactics/players choices/substitutes
It's hard to disagree with any of that

Bookkeeper
02-10-2010, 10:24 PM
Hughes gets the abuse because the bottom line is - it is up to the manager to get the best out of the players.

If decent players (which is what we have for this league) are poor for one or two games it might be the player's fault, if good players are bad for months on end its the managers fault.

I hate swapping managers as often as we have recently but I've all but lost hope with this one and I supported him when he came in (supported Mixu too - so what do I know).

:agree: Couldn't put it better myself and agree with every word.

Time for a change, this is all beyond Yogi's ability to turn it round. I don't enjoy watching my team just now.