PDA

View Full Version : Is Hughes trying to engineer his own sacking ?

EasterRoad4Ever
02-10-2010, 06:56 PM
After yet another abysmal performance, and in particular Hughes' UNBELIEVABLE non-use of substitutes has actually got me thinking that Hughes may no longer be in denial. He might actually now realise what we've all suspected for months - that he hasn't got a clue how to turn this around and is trying to force the Board's hand. Getting the boot will earn him a fair amount of £££ and he can always claim he got Hibs to 4th in the SPL (however he got us there). If he walks away, he'll get zip and look like a failure and struggle to get another decent job in football - as he has clearly had some decent players at his disposal. I know I'm just thinking too hard about it, but today's refusal by Hughes to even recognise that change was needed - when 2000 Hibbies could see it - suggests it was deliberate incompetence rather than just poor judgement.

Can Petrie not just sack him for being totally crap at his job and give him his bus fare home ?

Toaods
02-10-2010, 07:21 PM
I wouldn't walk from my job and that's without any agreement to go, the chances of Yogi walking are zero. He must get booted or he'll seee his contract out, his characteristics as a player and manager(?) show that..

Jim44
02-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Is Hughes trying to engineer his own sacking ?

That's a good one. He's not got the brains to succeed. :greengrin

stubru59
02-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Engineering you're own demise usually involves a plan. So, you can rule that out.

sahib
03-10-2010, 12:27 AM
After yet another abysmal performance, and in particular Hughes' UNBELIEVABLE non-use of substitutes has actually got me thinking that Hughes may no longer be in denial. He might actually now realise what we've all suspected for months - that he hasn't got a clue how to turn this around and is trying to force the Board's hand. Getting the boot will earn him a fair amount of £££ and he can always claim he got Hibs to 4th in the SPL (however he got us there). If he walks away, he'll get zip and look like a failure and struggle to get another decent job in football - as he has clearly had some decent players at his disposal. I know I'm just thinking too hard about it, but today's refusal by Hughes to even recognise that change was needed - when 2000 Hibbies could see it - suggests it was deliberate incompetence rather than just poor judgement.

Can Petrie not just sack him for being totally crap at his job and give him his bus fare home ?

I think you may be close to the truth there.

Removed
03-10-2010, 12:34 AM

I'm assuming you're adding the HTV viewers to those that were actually there :confused: cos no danger were there 2000 of us at that game today

hibiedude
03-10-2010, 07:38 AM
Engineering you're own demise usually involves a plan. So, you can rule that out.

:faf::faf:

That made me laugh :top marks

Lucky_Jim
03-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Interesting theory and maybe not as daft as it might sound at first.

I suppose what is clear is that big Yogi won't simply hand in his resignation and walk away without any financial incentive to do so. He must surely recognise that after it has all gone so horribly wrong with us his future employment prospects are poor to say the least. It's not so long ago he was being touted for (highly lucrative) jobs down south (did Coyle not recommend him for the Burnley job when he left to go to Bolton?). After Hibs he'll be lucky to pick up a £20k/year job in the Scottish First Division.

What was the situation with Mixu? I assume that Petrie agreed some form of compensation package to persuade him to go? If Petrie were to sack Yogi then presummably he'd have to pay up his contract in full. I've no idea what he earns but, say £100k a year with 2.5 years to run and we're looking at the best part of £250k. Nice reward for failure!

Surely Petrie can call on his famous negotiating powers and suggest to Yogi that for the sake of his reputation and the remaining, but rapidly diminishing, respect of Hibs fans and the wider Scottish football community it would be in his interests to resign now (with a sweetner of say £100k) rather than drag this out any longer and end up being fired with his reputation in tatters. If he goes now he can even try and potray it as the ungrateful Hibs support forcing him out amidst utterly unrealistic expectations (as Williamson was able to do with the support of the sycophantic, close shop Scottish footballing press). He might even be able to persuade a future employer of that (like Mixu has done with Killie).

The ball's in Petrie's side of the court. He needs to act quickly and put Yogi and the rest of us out of our misery. Give Yogi some money to go and let's all move on from this nightmare.