PDA

View Full Version : Positives from today

jonny
02-10-2010, 06:54 PM
OK, it's clear that we're in dire straits with a clueless manager but amongst it all I managed to find 2 positives from todays game.

Sol Bamba - very good performance at the back, looked solid and dealt with most of the high balls into the box with ease. The timing of his tackles was excellent. I think had he gone in the transfer window we'd be in even deeper poop than we are just now.

Michael Hart - looks the most solid right back I've seen at the club for a while. Personally I haven't seen him over run by any left winger he's come up against. He kept Myrie-Williams very quiet and his judgement of when to stand up or dive in seems to be pretty spot on.

I really cant say anything else positive about todays game. I won't have a rant though as it's all been said on other threads.

jonny
02-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Oh - and the singing section did quite well :thumbsup:

Barney McGrew
02-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Two positives - a good sized Hibs support who didn't get on the backs of the players, and we lost three less goals than we did on our last visit up there.

And that's it.

PeterboroHibee
02-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Agree about Hart and Bamba, think Brown did quite well too, need to see them again but not much he could have done about either goal.

So few positives though, worrying times.

jonny
02-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Agree about Hart and Bamba, think Brown did quite well too, need to see them again but not much he could have done about either goal.

So few positives though, worrying times.

To be fair, the goalie did do quite well. Generally quite assured when coming out to collect high balls and like yourself I dont think he had a chance with either goal but was too far away to say for certain.

At The Edge
02-10-2010, 07:02 PM
The support was really good, it amazes me that we are pretty dire just now, but still we go to the away games in numbers, :top marks

another positive for me was i got a parking space fairly easily near the ground.:greengrin

player wise, Hart, Bamba, Brown, got pass marks from me

--------
02-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Maybe we're a game nearer Hughes' departure? :cool2:

PeterboroHibee
02-10-2010, 07:04 PM
To be fair, the goalie did do quite well. Generally quite assured when coming out to collect high balls and like yourself I dont think he had a chance with either goal but was too far away to say for certain.

Second goal was a 1 on 1 after their player was allowed to just run through our defence, was a decent finish so nothing could do.

Not sure about the first goal, think it was just a good header by Craig (anyone know who was meant to be marking him?).

He did look good though, caught every ball even if it meant going through players, hopefully he can keep it it up.

Andy74
02-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Well done. I saw virtually nowt today to be in any way positive about. Other than finding a half decent parking space.

IWasThere2016
02-10-2010, 07:32 PM
That's a decent achievement near McDiarmid :agree: Well done, A!

Toaods
02-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Well done. I saw virtually nowt today to be in any way positive about. Other than finding a half decent parking space.

was it in the centre of our defence as usual?

:wink:

Antifa Hibs
02-10-2010, 07:35 PM
How many made the trip?

I decided to give this one a miss today, first game i've missed in well over 5 seasons, felt guily at 2pm, was considering jumping a taxi from the snooker hall home, then jumping the car, thank **** I didn't.

sahib
02-10-2010, 07:36 PM
OK, it's clear that we're in dire straits with a clueless manager .

I wonder if Mark Knopfler ever had the same problem? Maybe we could phone him for some advice.

Toaods
02-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Less than 4K at the game as per BBC.

Hiber-nation
02-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Brown looked again like a half decent keeper. Hart proved again that he's a half decent RB. The support supported until it got ridiculous. Got out of the car park nae bother. That's all.

Houchy
02-10-2010, 07:46 PM
My personal positive from today was that I actually forgot that Hibs were playing today and got to watch a full days play in the Ryder Cup without jumping back and forwards checking scores or having the radio on in the background over the golf.

Thank you Yogi for taking me to the point that after following hibs for 27 years, i'm now at the point I can't even be bothered tuning in a radio never mind not being able to get motivated to go to actually go to a match. :bitchy:

grunt
02-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Maybe we're a game nearer Hughes' departure? :cool2:
I think that unless you can reverse the flow of time, that's pretty much going to always be the case.

Hiber-nation
02-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Less than 4K at the game as per BBC.

Yeah, they announced that at the game. Doesn't seem that long ago we sold out behind the goal. Plus our half of the main stand, with some in the old family section behind the other goal (both sections closed today).

1875 NO 1
02-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Second goal was a 1 on 1 after their player was allowed to just run through our defence, was a decent finish so nothing could do.

Not sure about the first goal, think it was just a good header by Craig (anyone know who was meant to be marking him?).

He did look good though, caught every ball even if it meant going through players, hopefully he can keep it it up.
Hart didn't mark up for 1st goal.

2nd one was poor play by centre halfs,spoiled a solid display by them

BEEJ
02-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Was Wotherspoon any better? The radio commentary team were saying good things about him.

Probably more comfortable in right mid.