PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to protest (merged)

KiddA
02-10-2010, 05:50 PM
This is getting beyond a joke, Hughes should have been sacked weeks ago but lets wait even longer :confused:

The board have got a lot to answer for if they don't make changes soon

I think as fans its time to protest and force the change as no one wants 1st division football next year but how do we do that? protest outside the ground?

Thoughts please

mcaitchi
02-10-2010, 05:58 PM
This is getting beyond a joke, Hughes should have been sacked weeks ago but lets wait even longer :confused:

I think as fans its time to protest and force the change as no one wants 1st division football next year but how do we do that? protest outside the ground?

Thoughts please

Protests - dont happen at easter rd = We Usually Just Vote With Our FEET ???

Hopefully we will miss relegation - due to some kind of league restructure :rolleyes:

Barney McGrew
02-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Protest?

Behave yourself.

Hibs7
02-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Boycott the next home game if he is not sacked by then, no home crowd will get the message across

Viva_Palmeiras
02-10-2010, 06:02 PM
For protests and managerial downfalls see Aberdeen.

Be careful what you wish for bet they rue the day they chanted "Smithy must go!"

Lets not go down that road.

KiddA
02-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Protests - dont happen at easter rd = We Usually Just Vote With Our FEET ???

Hopefully we will miss relegation - due to some kind of league restructure :rolleyes:

Yeah that is one way to vote with our feet.

Maybe we could do something like this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-11459666 I know we could get a couple of great actors like Duggary Scott and maybe the Proclaimers could do the soundtrack .

MSK
02-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Boycott the next home game if he is not sacked by then, no home crowd will get the message acrossHibs fans have been doing that for years ..aye ..lets not turn up ..do the club out of vital income ..very clever ..:rolleyes:

Booked4Being-Ugly
02-10-2010, 06:05 PM

Thoughts pleaseHow are you planning to protest, are you flying over from the US?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
02-10-2010, 06:06 PM
No.

KiddA
02-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Protest?

Behave yourself.

Explain?

TheEastTerrace
02-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Hibs fans have been doing that for years ..aye ..lets not turn up ..do the club out of vital income ..very clever ..:rolleyes:

So you advocate continuing to throw money at the club to be repaid with mediocrity, incompetence and poor performances? There's a line, it's been crossed.

The_Todd
02-10-2010, 06:09 PM
http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/f60/6ad/f606ad58-47f5-4488-8254-722341a4b726

Hibby70
02-10-2010, 06:10 PM
if he still there at the killie game i reckon there will be quite a vocal protest when they score the first.

Barney McGrew
02-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Explain?

It's a rubbish idea, that's why.

I'm sure protesting from Florida will make all the difference mind. Maybe you could send a strongly worded e-mail, or even better write an open letter?

Kevvy1875
02-10-2010, 06:12 PM
This thread is OTT.

I dont think the fans need to protest as the board must know how we feel, either that or they are buttoned up the back.

Protests are usually the last resort to get rid of a clubs board/owner who dosn't have to answer to anyone. In a Manager's case such as this one a protest really will not be needed as Yogi will get his jotters soon enough.

M11BMO
02-10-2010, 06:12 PM
No protest. Lower attendances and chants will do just the trick.

MSK
02-10-2010, 06:13 PM
So you advocate continuing to throw money at the club to be repaid with mediocrity, incompetence and poor performances? There's a line, it's been crossed.I dont advocate boycotting games ..no true hibs fan should even consider that ..tell you what ..have a read at one or two of the hibs accounts threads then come back and tell me a boycott is a good idea ..

We are doing not too bad compared to other clubs financially but starving the club of much needed income in this current climate is a no no ..

Think about it ..

KiddA
02-10-2010, 06:13 PM
It's a rubbish idea, that's why.

I'm sure protesting from Florida will make all the difference mind. Maybe you could send a strongly worded e-mail, or even better write an open letter?

Im not in Florida right now but good response a rubbish idea :rolleyes:

Good job explaining why not :bitchy:

I also sense a little sarcasm in your post not too sure why

MSK
02-10-2010, 06:18 PM

Good job explaining why not :bitchy:So when we do boycott and crowds are low..next season when there is nowt in the tin for wages or contract extentions gie yersel a round o applause ...:applause:

Barney McGrew
02-10-2010, 06:19 PM

Good job explaining why not :bitchy:

It's quite simple - it may be that the results turn around, Yogi proves us wrong and we start climbing the table with no need to remove him. Highly unlikely yes, but possible all the same. Alternatively, either the board decide enough's enough already or results don't improve and he gets emptied. Both ways benefit the club without the need of any kind of yammish organised protest.

Anyone who was at the game will be able to confirm that the mood of the support was very apparent after the first goal went in, and the board will be more than aware of that already.

KiddA
02-10-2010, 06:21 PM
So when we do boycott and crowds are low..next season when there is nowt in the tin for wages or contract extentions gie yersel a round o applause ...:applause:

Who said anything about boycotting?

Please do keep up :yawn:

It also amazes me with the amount of sarcasm on this thread. A bit out of order to be honest gie myself a round of applause. WTF

mcaitchi
02-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Hibs fans have been doing that for years ..aye ..lets not turn up ..do the club out of vital income ..very clever ..:rolleyes:

cant expect people to turn up and spend a small fortune watching dross !!!

be told by over zealous steward they cant stand, sing or even smoke and drink !!!

and then paying a quid 50p more for a pie than you would buy from the best butchers you know !!!!

The club has already lost me and my family = 4 season tickets from next season and thats due mainly to the no standing rules and smoking rules !!

If and When !! we can watch the game on the telly - we can all go to the pub, and have a pint or 2 and still nip outside at half time for a smoke !!!!!

can only get a pint if i go to Cinema, basket ball, ice hockey and rugby - oh and ten pin bowling and boxing !!

us football fans are still treated like the hooligans

TheEastTerrace
02-10-2010, 06:24 PM
I dont advocate boycotting games ..no true hibs fan should even consider that ..tell you what ..have a read at one or two of the hibs accounts threads then come back and tell me a boycott is a good idea ..

We are doing not too bad compared to other clubs financially but starving the club of much needed income in this current climate is a no no ..

Think about it ..

I disagree. Without supporter representation on the board or in the club, how else are they to be made accountable for what have been appalling footballing decisions over the last fifteen years? Only McLeish and Mowbray have worked out, the others have been nothing less than shocking.

MSK
02-10-2010, 06:27 PM
I disagree. Without supporter representation on the board or in the club, how else are they to be made accountable for what have been appalling footballing decisions over the last fifteen years? Only McLeish and Mowbray have worked out, the others have been nothing less than shocking.Have worked out what exactly ..?...please explain ..:confused:

Barney McGrew
02-10-2010, 06:30 PM
I disagree. Without supporter representation on the board or in the club, how else are they to be made accountable for what have been appalling footballing decisions over the last fifteen years? Only McLeish and Mowbray have worked out, the others have been nothing less than shocking.

To be fair, when Sauzee, Williamson and Collins were appointed they were undoubtedly the fans choice at the time too. It was only afterwards Franck and Fat Boab turned out to be disasterous, and Collins was the one who bailed on us and only after he'd won us our first trophy for sixteen years.

Only Mixu and Yogi could really be questioned as bad appointments IMO, and even then both were backed by a sizeable percentage of the support at the time.

It is however important that they act now with Yogi and more important than ever that they make the right choice of replacement.

KiddA
02-10-2010, 06:31 PM
It's quite simple - it may be that the results turn around, Yogi proves us wrong and we start climbing the table with no need to remove him. Highly unlikely yes, but possible all the same. Alternatively, either the board decide enough's enough already or results don't improve and he gets emptied. Both ways benefit the club without the need of any kind of yammish organised protest.

Anyone who was at the game will be able to confirm that the mood of the support was very apparent after the first goal went in, and the board will be more than aware of that already.

Time will tell but I think the board are already dragging there heels a little.

MSK
02-10-2010, 06:31 PM
cant expect people to turn up and spend a small fortune watching dross !!!

be told by over zealous steward they cant stand, sing or even smoke and drink !!!

and then paying a quid 50p more for a pie than you would buy from the best butchers you know !!!!

The club has already lost me and my family = 4 season tickets from next season and thats due mainly to the no standing rules and smoking rules !!

If and When !! we can watch the game on the telly - we can all go to the pub, and have a pint or 2 and still nip outside at half time for a smoke !!!!!

can only get a pint if i go to Cinema, basket ball, ice hockey and rugby - oh and ten pin bowling and boxing !!

us football fans are still treated like the hooligansWhat planet are you on ..?

The the thread is about or has degenerated into a discussion about a boycott to remove Hughes ..wtf do you want ..donkey rides & candy floss ..

Get real ..

TheEastTerrace
02-10-2010, 06:35 PM
Have worked out what exactly ..?...please explain ..:confused:

McLeish reversed our fortunes after the Duffy debacle, qualified for Europe, reached a Scottish Cup final. Mowbray, again reversed the decline under Williamson, qualified for Europe, the football was good to watch at least. Collins may have won the CIS, but I give just as much credit to Mowbray. That do for you?

mcaitchi
02-10-2010, 06:37 PM
What planet are you on ..?

The the thread is about or has degenerated into a discussion about a boycott to remove Hughes ..wtf do you want ..donkey rides & candy floss ..

Get real ..

How long before the board actually do sell CANDY FLOSS :grr:

we already got the hot dogs ffs

football - was a Working Class Game ...

Thats the only point i was trying to make ..

Now every punter is treated like CATTLE

TheEastTerrace
02-10-2010, 06:37 PM
To be fair, when Sauzee, Williamson and Collins were appointed they were undoubtedly the fans choice at the time too. It was only afterwards Franck and Fat Boab turned out to be disasterous, and Collins was the one who bailed on us and only after he'd won us our first trophy for sixteen years.

Only Mixu and Yogi could really be questioned as bad appointments IMO, and even then both were backed by a sizeable percentage of the support at the time.

It is however important that they act now with Yogi and more important than ever that they make the right choice of replacement.

Collins I'll grant you, but I felt that Sauzee was never ready and Williamson was someone who the fans wouldn't take to, even after having some success with Killie. Easy to say now, granted.

The_Todd
02-10-2010, 06:45 PM

Aye, that John Hughes has destroyed British football.

ronaldo7
02-10-2010, 07:08 PM
how long before the board actually do sell candy floss :grr:

We already got the hot dogs ffs

football - was a working class game ...

Now every punter is treated like cattle

mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

MSK
02-10-2010, 07:20 PM
McLeish reversed our fortunes after the Duffy debacle, qualified for Europe, reached a Scottish Cup final. Mowbray, again reversed the decline under Williamson, qualified for Europe, the football was good to watch at least. Collins may have won the CIS, but I give just as much credit to Mowbray. That do for you?So ..two cup wins in 24 years ..almost bankrupt ..that good enough for you ?

Mcleish's last 15/20 games for hibs ..tell me how many points we accumulated ..

Mowbray had to pish with the cock he had ..he had no option ..

Yogi took Falkirk to a cup final ..he also kept Falkirk up ..when he left they got relegated ..

Your comparison is moot ..

TheEastTerrace
02-10-2010, 07:31 PM
So ..two cup wins in 24 years ..almost bankrupt ..that good enough for you ?

Yogi took Falkirk to a cup final ..he also kept Falkirk up ..when he left they got relegated ..

Sorry, where has all this come from? Perhaps you should take a few moments to compose yourself?

What has Hughes' record at Falkirk got to do with anything? His record at Hibs is abysmal. Therefore, the board should be held accountable for his appointment. If they don't act, we should act. That is my point.

McLeish's record in his last 15/20 games is certainly better than John Hughes that's for sure.

MSK
02-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Sorry, where has all this come from? Perhaps you should take a few moments to compose yourself?

What has Hughes' record at Falkirk got to do with anything? His record at Hibs is abysmal. Therefore, the board should be held accountable for his appointment. If they don't act, we should act. That is my point.

McLeish's record in his last 15/20 games is certainly better than John Hughes that's for sure.Its time to protest ..the thread title ..aye ..:confused:

You are the one who started spraffing about Mcleish etc ..

Lets get back to the OP..Please tell me the benefits of a boycott ..

Lets get down to Easter rd the morn & shout .."Yogi must go" ..

Mon then ..

Spike Mandela
02-10-2010, 07:53 PM
I'm sure the board will announce an exciting new building project at the agm to quell any supporter protest.

MSK
02-10-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm sure the board will announce an exciting new building project at the agm to quell any supporter protest.Thanks for your inpute Spike ..

Clever

1875 NO 1
02-10-2010, 08:03 PM

i don't know anybody that wanted blobby

Dirkster23
02-10-2010, 08:05 PM
Its time to protest ..the thread title ..aye ..:confused:

Mon then ..

The OP doesn't mention a boycott, he suggests a protest outside the ground.

Spike Mandela
Thanks for your inpute Spike ..

Clever

That would be input:wink::greengrin

1875 NO 1

Mon then ..

petrie is motivated by money...........we need a healthy walk up gate. It collapsed under Mixu..............cost him his job.

Hiber-nation
02-10-2010, 08:08 PM
So ..two cup wins in 24 years ..almost bankrupt ..that good enough for you ?

Sorry, Mowbray had "no option"?? To do what - play some of the best football seen by Hibs fans since the Tornadoes? Win 3-0 twice at ibrox and 3-1 at darkheid? OK made some pesh signings but 2 of the best - Murph and Boozy. Knew how to change a game - unlike today when to the total astonishment of "fitba people" Hughes did the square root of fekall when we were creating nothing.

And by the way, no protests please. There were enough for the Board to take note of after the 2nd goal today, and there is the small matter of an AGM on Monday.

TheEastTerrace
02-10-2010, 08:09 PM

Mon then ..

Maybe you should read my first post on this thread. I am not willing to keep throwing money at the club when the board are clearly incapable of making the correct managerial appointments to lead the football team on the pitch. That I mentioned McLeish and Mowbray is because I believe that they are the only managers that I feel they have got right in a footballing capacity over the years since I started going to ER. They have made several fairly poor appointments in the time since Alex Miller left. Duffy was a disaster, Scott a caretaker, they ****ed over Sauzee, Blobby drove the fans away, Collins walked out, Mixu was awful and Hughes is presiding over a run never seen in our club's history.

Tell me oh wise one why I should sit back and take this, continue to put my faith and money into the club, when the board clearly have it very wrong when it comes to football management appointments. Unless there is supporter representation at the club, how do we get our point across? If it isn't vocal disenchantment at the games that provokes a response that everyone can see is necessary, then I will bloody protest because they are not fit to run the club in a football sense. Business-wise, fine. But football, no. Tell me how Petrie, Lindsey and co are well placed to make football appointments when they've got no qualifications in coaching, youth development, scouting, etc? Aye thought not.

Anyways, I'm entitled to my opinion and I stick by it. I don't need arsey admins like you aiming sarcastic jibes at me.

sahib
02-10-2010, 08:10 PM

I had never thought of candy floss as bourgeois delicacy before. :greengrin

MSK
02-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Maybe you should read my first post on this thread. I am not willing to keep throwing money at the club when the board are clearly incapable of making the correct managerial appointments to lead the football team on the pitch. That I mentioned McLeish and Mowbray is because I believe that they are the only managers that I feel they have got right in a footballing capacity over the years since I started going to ER. They have made several fairly poor appointments in the time since Alex Miller left. Duffy was a disaster, Scott a caretaker, they ****ed over Sauzee, Blobby drove the fans away, Collins walked out, Mixu was awful and Hughes is presiding over a run never seen in our club's history.

Tell me oh wise one why I should sit back and take this, continue to put my faith and money into the club, when the board clearly have it very wrong when it comes to football management appointments. Unless there is supporter representation at the club, how do we get our point across? If it isn't vocal disenchantment at the games that provokes a response that everyone can see is necessary, then I will bloody protest because they are not fit to run the club in a football sense. Business-wise, fine. But football, no. Tell me how Petrie, Lindsey and co are well placed to make football appointments when they've got no qualifications in coaching, youth development, scouting, etc? Aye thought not.

Anyways, I'm entitled to my opinion and I stick by it. I don't need arsey admins like you aiming sarcastic jibes at me.Im opening up debate but you feel the need for abuse ..

Am oot ..

new malkyhib
02-10-2010, 08:27 PM

Speak for yourself on that one, Barney. The only one I agreed with was Collins - Williamson was a disaster from almost day one, and Franck in my humblest of opinions was only appointed because Petrie wanted some return on his contract which I believe was around £6k a week at the time, and Franck was back in France recovering from injury.

All this guff about "I could see in Franck's eyes that he wanted the job" was eyewash. It was another option designed at saving money and trying to hoodwink the fans with the "Hibs connection" line....

I've never been a fan of this Board, but I went to Perth today to try and support the team and by extension the club - but to witness that insipid diplay was just about enough...

The Board really do need to have a long hard think about things and spend a bit of cash on the most important person in the club - the manager - and give us somebody with a bit of experience and pedigree. Because right now the only thing they spend top dollar on is themselves - and they need to be told so at the AGM.

I'm not holding my breath though, as I've been at one AGM and it was more stage-managed than your average Tory Party conference - too many brown-nosers there for my liking.

Anyway, rambling rant over...

MSK
02-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Sorry, Mowbray had "no option"?? To do what - play some of the best football seen by Hibs fans since the Tornadoes? Win 3-0 twice at ibrox and 3-1 at darkheid? OK made some pesh signings but 2 of the best - Murph and Boozy. Knew how to change a game - unlike today when to the total astonishment of "fitba people" Hughes did the square root of fekall when we were creating nothing.

And by the way, no protests please. There were enough for the Board to take note of after the 2nd goal today, and there is the small matter of an AGM on Monday.Right ..get the banners ready ..lets go for it ..lets hit Easter rd & protest ..come on ..are you up for it ..?

All the mouth pieces on here ..go for it ..

Lets boycott ..:protest:

TheEastTerrace
02-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Im opening up debate but you feel the need for abuse ..

Am oot ..

Hardly debate, your manner and tone is fairly argumentative and you were on the offensive from the start. If that's how it's done here, then perhaps not the place to be anymore.

I will be protesting by the way, by not going. I've had enough. I'll expect the predictable 'you're not fit to be a Hibs fan' response but hey, these are my principles and I stick by them.

Ta ta :bye:

MSK
02-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Hardly debate, your manner and tone is fairly argumentative and you were on the offensive from the start. If that's how it's done here, then perhaps not the place to be anymore.

I will be protesting by the way, by not going. I've had enough. I'll expect the predictable 'you're not fit to be a Hibs fan' response but hey, these are my principles and I stick by them.
Ta ta :bye:Bye ..oh ..and if i see you :protest: outside the ground mind gie me a :bye:

You wont boycott thou ..

Bet you are at the next game ..

Ah ..the power o the keyboard ..

TheEastTerrace
02-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Bye ..oh ..and if i see you :protest: outside the ground mind gie me a :bye:

You wont boycott thou ..

Bet you are at the next game ..

Ah ..the power o the keyboard ..

Thanks for proving my point. How childish.

MSK
02-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Thanks for proving my point. How childish.Aw grow a set will ya ..

We are aw hurting mate ..this is a **** time to be a hibbie ..protests and boycotts..angst ..fighting wi each other wont solve anything ..

Peace ..

Hiber-nation
02-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Right ..get the banners ready ..lets go for it ..lets hit Easter rd & protest ..come on ..are you up for it ..?

Eh? Read my last para!!!

MSK
02-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Eh? Read my last para!!!Yip ...read it ..like i say ..what good would a protest do ..?

Ed De Gramo
02-10-2010, 10:14 PM
Sod the boycott....

Why should the players be punished because of the management's failings?

You boycotters will be kicking russian hats along Albion Road next :bye:

Hiber-nation
02-10-2010, 10:17 PM
Yip ...read it ..like i say ..what good would a protest do ..?

Well that's exactly what I said...

blackpoolhibs
02-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Sod the boycott....

Why should the players be punished because of the management's failings?

You boycotters will be kicking russian hats along Albion Road next :bye:

That bunch of wasters deserve every bit as much abuse as Hughes is getting.

Skanko79
02-10-2010, 10:33 PM
Yeah that is one way to vote with our feet.

Maybe we could do something like this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-11459666 I know we could get a couple of great actors like Duggary Scott and maybe the Proclaimers could do the soundtrack .

Aye, and we could get Bradd Pitt and Angelina Jolie to make some kind of get shot of hughes movie whilst Bruce Willis flies through the air on a harley whilst in flames. Then we could probably get Madonna and Justin Timberlake to perform at the get shot of yogi concert.

Why dont we just get behind the ****ing team AND the manager and get of their ****ing backs untill they turn it around which they will.

MSK
02-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Well that's exactly what I said...Yip ..and ..?

If i quoted you wrongly i apologise ..

Really want to hear from those who want to :protest:

KiddA
03-10-2010, 02:31 AM
Aye, and we could get Bradd Pitt and Angelina Jolie to make some kind of get shot of hughes movie whilst Bruce Willis flies through the air on a harley whilst in flames. Then we could probably get Madonna and Justin Timberlake to perform at the get shot of yogi concert.

Why dont we just get behind the ****ing team AND the manager and get of their ****ing backs untill they turn it around which they will.

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

Whatever you say and I will have what you are drimking too :agree:

KiddA
03-10-2010, 02:48 AM
Right ..get the banners ready ..lets go for it ..lets hit Easter rd & protest ..come on ..are you up for it ..?

All the mouth pieces :dunno:

Wow easy keyboard hardman :take that

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 03:19 AM
So you advocate continuing to throw money at the club to be repaid with mediocrity, incompetence and poor performances? There's a line, it's been crossed.

Yes I do.

Fact of the matter is if you are a Hibs fan you are a Hibs fan, end of story.

No real fan picks and choose the games they go to, they are not fans they are part time followers. If it was up to you lot we would have been through three managers in the last 24 months - farce, get a grip and have a word with yourself.

As for protest - the only thing I will be protesting against is part time fans and those who boo there own, team, players and manager - disgrace.

hibiedude
03-10-2010, 05:38 AM

Thoughts please

Fans are already staying away from home games so the protest has already started.

There is a very good piece in today's Scotland on Sunday

ACCORDING to the St Johnstone support, John Hughes will have been sacked by the time you read this. However long the Hibernian board decide to give their beleaguered manager, there can be little doubt that time is running out. Late goals by Liam Craig and Marcus Haber yesterday dealt him the biggest blow yet in his quest to silence the critics.

No goals, no meaningful chances and - bizarrely - no substitutions was the story of a performance that was every bit as bad as the result suggests. "You don't know what you're doing," was the chant as matters drew to a close, and this time it came from the travelling support. They would have given Hughes a harder time at the end had more of them bothered to stay that long.
As small a following as Hibs have taken to Perth in recent times were given nothing to improve their morale. After a dreary match lifted only by St Johnstone's substitutes, two of whom made the scoresheet, the Edinburgh side find themselves a point off the bottom of the Scottish Premier League, without a win in ten matches this season.

Hughes, who admitted that it just wasn't good enough, later denied that he was under pressure. "I am really close with the chairman," he said. "He knows exactly what needs to be done at this club. He knows the work we put in. It's part and parcel of football. Where are we in the league? Joint second-bottom? It's not the place you want to be, but hopefully this will give us an injection to get up the league.

Keith_M
03-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Aye, that's just what we need, give the Yams even more ammunition. I can see the posts on Keechback now, "The hibs fans are revolting", etc.

Stantons Angel
03-10-2010, 08:49 AM
Having been one of the very few who has been at EVERY game this season
ive suffered just like you all. BUT im a Hibs supporter and i know too that this is just not good enough!

Yes you can get out on the street and protest and be just as boastful of your protests as your pals down Gorgie way..... Look where that has gotten them??

The only way is to make a CHOICE one which you as an individual have, you either go or you dont??

The Hibs support this season has had high expectations and maybe set their goals higher than what is actually achievable from a group of talented players who will take TIME to gel.

NO ONE wants to be second bottom of the league do they? Especially HIBS. We cant go changing managers willy nilly just cause we think it will be different.

John Hughes IS a Hibby and he IS manager of our club these are facts!!! HE will be hurting as a supporter and as a man from the scathing accusations that are printed on here. When he didnt make subs yesterday i thought too that he just didnt know what to change or how to make it better. I was angry disgusted and disappointed too. BUT as i say i AM a HIBS supporter and not a very happy one either! We are used to picking ourselves up, dusting off the smile and getting on with supporting our team. They are HIBERNIAN FC !!!!

The Hibs support make more impact with their feet...........by staying away......

Dont get carried away with the ranting and raving going on, either support them through a bad time or stay away and spend the money in the pub.

Good or bad i know what i, as an individual and a HIBS supporter will be doing

Do you? :yawn:

Baldy Foghorn
03-10-2010, 08:57 AM
Having been one of the very few who has been at EVERY game this season
ive suffered just like you all. BUT im a Hibs supporter and i know too that this is just not good enough!

Yes you can get out on the street and protest and be just as boastful of your protests as your pals down Gorgie way..... Look where that has gotten them??

The only way is to make a CHOICE one which you as an individual have, you either go or you dont??

The Hibs support this season has had high expectations and maybe set their goals higher than what is actually achievable from a group of talented players who will take TIME to gel.

NO ONE wants to be second bottom of the league do they? Especially HIBS. We cant go changing managers willy nilly just cause we think it will be different.

John Hughes IS a Hibby and he IS manager of our club these are facts!!! HE will be hurting as a supporter and as a man from the scathing accusations that are printed on here. When he didnt make subs yesterday i thought too that he just didnt know what to change or how to make it better. I was angry disgusted and disappointed too. BUT as i say i AM a HIBS supporter and not a very happy one either! We are used to picking ourselves up, dusting off the smile and getting on with supporting our team. They are HIBERNIAN FC !!!!

The Hibs support make more impact with their feet...........by staying away......

Dont get carried away with the ranting and raving going on, either support them through a bad time or stay away and spend the money in the pub.

Good or bad i know what i, as an individual and a HIBS supporter will be doing

Do you? :yawn:

Understand your sentiments, but Yogi has the mananged the Club during our worst spell ever in our history..... Totally inept and out his depth, how much longer are we going to have to endure him?? All the way to the first division?

I am frustrated that he is still here, his record is totally abysmal

Cabbage1875
03-10-2010, 09:00 AM
Aye, that's just what we need, give the Yams even more ammunition. I can see the posts on Keechback now, "The hibs fans are revolting", etc.

Who gives a **** about them at the moment? There are far more pressing issues closer to home than worrying about what that mob think. This bugged me at the game yesterday, many hibbies were more concerned with calling their fellow followers 'dicks' for questioning yogis tactics yesterday and with the guy that had a hearts top on in the saints end than the actual football. It beggars belief!!

TheEastTerrace
03-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Yes I do.

No real fan picks and choose the games they go to, they are not fans they are part time followers. If it was up to you lot we would have been through three managers in the last 24 months - farce, get a grip and have a word with yourself.

As for protest - the only thing I will be protesting against is part time fans and those who boo there own, team, players and manager - disgrace.

The farce is the board who continue to make poor appointments that has ultimately led to a high turnover of managers at Hibs. Believe it or not, I would actually welcome stability in the management of the team, but until the board stop making ill-advised, cheap decisions, this merry-go-round will continue. Mind you, with your approach, they'll never be made accountable as long as the money keeps rolling through the turnstiles. I applaude their business logic but they are shoddy at identifying good managers.

Antifa Hibs
03-10-2010, 10:27 AM
I dont advocate boycotting games ..no true hibs fan should even consider that ..tell you what ..have a read at one or two of the hibs accounts threads then come back and tell me a boycott is a good idea ..

Think about it ..

Bollocks. If that useless **** is still in charge at the Killie game there is not a hope in hell I along with probably most of our 'group' will step foot in ER. And you couldn't find a truer bunch of Hibbys, guys that went to Holland, then Maribor, guys that have held season tickets for 20 years, guys that have missed about 5 away games between them in the last decade.

Hibs might take a £20k hit, but thats a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things. The board will take note when there is 1/2k taken off the attendences.:bye:

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 10:30 AM
Bollocks. If that useless **** is still in charge at the Killie game there is not a hope in hell I along with probably most of our 'group' will step foot in ER. And you couldn't find a truer bunch of Hibbys.

Hibs might take a £20k hit, but thats a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things. The board will take note when there is 1/2k taken off the attendences.:bye:

When the going gets tough. :singing:

jdships
03-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Yes I do.

What's with the "I'm a better fan than you are " nonsense . It's been done to death several times
What right has anyone to criticise which games people attend.
Not everyone has every Saturday/Sunday off remember !!

Give it a break

KiddA
03-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Fans are already staying away from home games so the protest has already started.

There is a very good piece in today's Scotland on Sunday

ACCORDING to the St Johnstone support, John Hughes will have been sacked by the time you read this. However long the Hibernian board decide to give their beleaguered manager, there can be little doubt that time is running out. Late goals by Liam Craig and Marcus Haber yesterday dealt him the biggest blow yet in his quest to silence the critics.

No goals, no meaningful chances and - bizarrely - no substitutions was the story of a performance that was every bit as bad as the result suggests. "You don't know what you're doing," was the chant as matters drew to a close, and this time it came from the travelling support. They would have given Hughes a harder time at the end had more of them bothered to stay that long.
As small a following as Hibs have taken to Perth in recent times were given nothing to improve their morale. After a dreary match lifted only by St Johnstone's substitutes, two of whom made the scoresheet, the Edinburgh side find themselves a point off the bottom of the Scottish Premier League, without a win in ten matches this season.

Hughes, who admitted that it just wasn't good enough, later denied that he was under pressure. "I am really close with the chairman," he said. "He knows exactly what needs to be done at this club. He knows the work we put in. It's part and parcel of football. Where are we in the league? Joint second-bottom? It's not the place you want to be, but hopefully this will give us an injection to get up the league.

Great piece, the Scotland on Sunday is a great newspaper too not one of the comics like the sun and Daily Record.

It cracks me up that Hughes says he is very close to Rod as it seems he is almost trying to buy himself more time. Unfortunately for Yogi it will be the board of directors that decides his fate very soon not Rod.

The_Todd
03-10-2010, 02:12 PM

No real fan picks and choose the games they go to, they are not fans they are part time followers.

I don't have the disposable income to have the luxury of attending every game, nor the facility to stump up the best part of £400 upfront for a season ticket. I do, however, get to as many as I can and go to the odd away game too.

I'm not a real fan, then. :boo hoo:

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 02:15 PM
I don't have the disposable income to have the luxury of attending every game, nor the facility to stump up the best part of £400 upfront for a season ticket. I do, however, get to as many as I can and go to the odd away game too.

If you intentionally withdraw your support you are not supporting the team. Thats nothing to do with not being able to afford it. Those who cant afford it cant afford it. :confused:

w.connectionfc
03-10-2010, 02:28 PM

:bitchy:

imagine not making EVERY game. shocking. i hope you don't call yourself a hibby :wink:

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 02:31 PM
The farce is the board who continue to make poor appointments that has ultimately led to a high turnover of managers at Hibs. Believe it or not, I would actually welcome stability in the management of the team, but until the board stop making ill-advised, cheap decisions, this merry-go-round will continue. Mind you, with your approach, they'll never be made accountable as long as the money keeps rolling through the turnstiles. I applaude their business logic but they are shoddy at identifying good managers.

Stability comes with time, and at ER you dont get time. Fact - we finished 4th last year and qualifed for europe. Fact our season has not started well, but last season we went off like a rocket and limped the the line like a half dead donkey - whats to say it wont be the opposite. But we will never have stability if we keep measuring managers over callendar years etc - what happened at the end of last season is done.

This season has not been great, but I believe it will turn for us. We have important players like Murray and Duffy and Zuma to get back who I think will make a huge difference. But maybe I am too hopeful, maybe wanting our manager, who like it or not achieved a lot with our club last season, to turn things round is wrong.

We complain when players or managers leave within a year -18 months for bigger clubs and more money - what does that make us for wanting rid of someone just like that - are we the fickle ones?

What's with the "I'm a better fan than you are " nonsense . It's been done to death several times
What right has anyone to criticise which games people attend.
Not everyone has every Saturday/Sunday off remember !!

Give it a break

At least it is not just one of you that did not bother to look properly at what I wrote - as if you had you would have realised that I was reply to a comment that related effectively to people deciding not to go to games because they did not think we were going to win, or play samba style football - that is picking and choosing and my comments relates to that.

I would never determine whether or not someone was a Hibs fans by the games they could attend - but those who can and elect to stay because we wont get the result they want is a different thing as far as I am concerned. When does football ever work like that - I dont event think the most devote Man U fan think they are "due" to win every game.

w.connectionfc
03-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Yes I do.

your no a real fan if you believe hughes is the man for the job.
if you went to your local chinese and the food on offer was honking would you keep going back in the hope it would get better..........would you **** so don't expect people to pay a fortune to watch the dross hughes is serving up.

my mate binned his season ticket before the split last season. he couldn't take anymore. he went to maribor for the crack and to the 2nd leg as a guest. he won't be returning until the board show REAL ( a word you like ) ambition. thats him, his bairns and faither. now i'd call him more of a supporter than you beause he know highes is ruining the club and the only way that board will empty him is if numbers through the gate drop so i say good on him. i still go to the home games but it's becoming increasingly harder to stomach the football on show.

you are so up hughes if it was my job i'd boot you out for being desperate ****bo :taxi

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 02:43 PM
if you went to your local chinese and the food on offer was honking would you keep going back in the hope it would get better..........would you **** so don't expect people to pay a fortune to watch the dross hughes is serving up.

my mate binned his season ticket before the split last season. he couldn't take anymore. he went to maribor for the crack and to the 2nd leg as a guest. he won't be returning until the board show REAL ( a word you like ) ambition. thats him, his bairns and faither. now i'd call him more of a supporter than you beause he know highes is ruining the club and the only way that board will empty him is if numbers through the gate drop so i say good on him. i still go to the home games but it's becoming increasingly harder to stomach the football on show.

you are so up hughes if it was my job i'd boot you out for being desperate ****bo :taxi

Thats just rubbish. Perhaps the club should sell season tickets on that basis, and give refunds if we dont agree how they go about their business. :bitchy:

w.connectionfc
03-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Thats just rubbish. Perhaps the club should sell season tickets on that basis, and give refunds if we dont agree how they go about their business. :bitchy:

the club should warn us that we will be selling our top players every season and replace him with nobodies and that unless crowds falls drastically then hughes will still be left to ruin any up & coming talent and bring alan preston players to the club.
don't be bitter hughes is a clown. it's not my fault :rolleyes:

Barney McGrew
03-10-2010, 03:01 PM
the club should warn us that we will be selling our top players every season

If you're really a hibby, then that really shouldn't be coming as a surprise.

We've been doing it for the last 30 years.

w.connectionfc
03-10-2010, 03:04 PM

yes we know it's gonna happen but they should still warn us. it's false advertising when every years your money players sporting the new gear to go on sale but there's no sale sign on him :wink:

silverhibee
03-10-2010, 03:05 PM

Time for a change then.

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 03:08 PM
the club should warn us that we will be selling our top players every season and replace him with nobodies and that unless crowds falls drastically then hughes will still be left to ruin any up & coming talent and bring alan preston players to the club.
don't be bitter hughes is a clown. it's not my fault :rolleyes:

Yip that one came as a huge surprise to me too. :faf:

Barney McGrew
03-10-2010, 03:09 PM
yes we know it's gonna happen

So why are you launching your toys out the pram about it then?

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 03:10 PM

Your mate and you need to get a brain and stop acting like a couple of fools. You have confirmed what I thought and what I just said above a Hibs fan that only wants to watch a team that is winning - maybe your mate should get a season ticket at Parkhead or Ibrox where he will be surrounded by likeminded fans.

As for your Chinese food analogy if you went for a meal and you left after your three courses - thinking that was really good, at the end of that meal I feel happier than I have with any Chinese I have eaten over the past few years and it was miles better than the one Mixu made - you would be happy? Yes of course you would.

You would not go out the following year get through your starter and say -actually when I think about my starter that I have just eaten and the desert I had at the end of my meal last year I am not happy - would you? Or would you close your mouth and get on with your meal, forgetting comparisons to certain courses from the year before?

Barney McGrew
03-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Time for a change then.

How do you suggest the club even out the operating loss that we make each season then?

Or keep players who have been offered astronomical amounts of money to play elsewhere?

w.connectionfc
03-10-2010, 03:18 PM
So why are you launching your toys out the pram about it then?

who's thrown anything out the pram. i worry for hibs because i know quite a few who where season ticket holders not so long ago who won't come back while hughes is still in charge. their trust in the board has gone and i doubt very much if the present board can be trusted with their false talk of ambition.
i wonder what bonuses petrie receives everytime he punts a player :rolleyes:

Barney McGrew
03-10-2010, 03:22 PM

The answer is there in black and white on the accounts if you can be bothered going to look.

Don't let that spoil your wee conspiracy theory though.

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 03:23 PM
who's thrown anything out the pram. i worry for hibs because i know quite a few who where season ticket holders not so long ago who won't come back while hughes is still in charge. their trust in the board has gone and i doubt very much if the present board can be trusted with their false talk of ambition.

What happens if the current board who they don't trust, appoint someone they don't want? Will they not go back until he's gone too? Or perhaps Petrie should contact you and your mates, and consult with them on who they would like as the new man?

Or they could back the team through this dismal time?:bitchy:

w.connectionfc
03-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Your mate and you need to get a brain and stop acting like a couple of fools. You have confirmed what I thought and what I just said above a Hibs fan that only wants to watch a team that is winning - maybe your mate should get a season ticket at Parkhead or Ibrox where he will be surrounded by likeminded fans.

As for your Chinese food analogy if you went for a meal and you left after your three courses - thinking that was really good, at the end of that meal I feel happier than I have with any Chinese I have eaten over the past few years and it was miles better than the one Mixu made - you would be happy? Yes of course you would.

You would not go out the following year get through your starter and say -actually when I think about my starter that I have just eaten and the desert I had at the end of my meal last year I am not happy - would you? Or would you close your mouth and get on with your meal, forgetting comparisons to certain courses from the year before?

i watched hibs home and away, getting pumped by every team in the league over the years but never once you could question the effort of the players. in all those years i've never seen such a gutless team as i am watching now. never have i seen such a dis-orginised team as i have now. duffy was a clown but without doubt we have the worst manager i have ever seen at the club. my first manager was Ned and we've had a few failures since those dizzy heights.
i take it your a youngster cause i was far more tolerant as a youngster than i am now. having spent the money i have on the club including tours to trinidad, germany, france i reckon i'm entitled to better seeing as we're in a better position than any outside the infirm to challenge for honours. or maybe this well run club is just ballony from the board of directors

Barney McGrew
03-10-2010, 03:27 PM
we're in a better position than any outside the infirm to challenge for honours

Why do you say that?

w.connectionfc
03-10-2010, 03:28 PM
What happens if the current board who they don't trust, appoint someone they don't want? Will they not go back until he's gone too? Or perhaps Petrie should contact you and your mates, and consult with them on who they would like as the new man?

Or they could back the team through this dismal time?:bitchy:

they've done it plenty times before. maybe the board should have backed mixu and we would be reeping the benifits now. it's a shame he took the brunt from al the cock jockey's who couldn't get over losing judus collins

hibee4life1983
03-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Yo .net peeps, my question is, would anyone actualy be up for a standing protest outside E.R to get shot of yogi???

Peoples views on the management team are strong and im the same, if some kind of protest was to be organised (im too lazy) i think i would go, its gone on long enough.

w.connectionfc
03-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Why do you say that?
because we're in a better position to attract better players with our super dooper training complex, out lack of debt allowing us to pay more in wages. other teams at the bottom like motherwell ( i'll just check on that ) killie, are almost in administration, hawrts :rolleyes: who cares, aberdeen playing bairns. surely this well run club, the envy of all, should therefor be higher up the league with better players naw. all we need is a manager. a man who knows the game, not one who kids on to .

Baldy Foghorn
03-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Yo .net peeps, my question is, would anyone actualy be up for a standing protest outside E.R to get shot of yogi???

Peoples views on the management team are strong and im the same, if some kind of protest was to be organised (im too lazy) i think i would go, its gone on long enough.

Dear oh dear, do you really think a handful of fans with placards will force the Board's hands :faf::faf:

Barney McGrew
03-10-2010, 03:38 PM
because we're in a better position to attract better players with our super dooper training complex, out lack of debt allowing us to pay more in wages

All of which has been delivered by the same directors you're happy to have a go at.

Lucius Apuleius
because we're in a better position to attract better players with our super dooper training complex, out lack of debt allowing us to pay more in wages. other teams at the bottom like motherwell ( i'll just check on that ) killie, are almost in administration, hawrts :rolleyes: who cares, aberdeen playing bairns. surely this well run club, the envy of all, should therefor be higher up the league with better players naw. all we need is a manager. a man who knows the game, not one who kids on to .

Interesting choice of avatar for someone who thinks as you do:wink:

I will still be at every Hibs game I can physically get to.

blackpoolhibs
they've done it plenty times before. maybe the board should have backed mixu and we would be reeping the benifits now. it's a shame he took the brunt from al the cock jockey's who couldn't get over losing judus collins

Or maybe not?

Baldy Foghorn

Ridiculous post time..........Won by a country mile.......

And an interesting slant on some element of our support to boot.....

So Mixu's record had nothing to do with it, it was all to do with Judas Collins:faf::faf::faf: