PDA

View Full Version : Should The Board Sack Yogi Now ??

mcaitchi
02-10-2010, 04:43 PM
yes no maybe

ScottB
02-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Yes

Sprouleflyer
02-10-2010, 04:48 PM
yes no maybe

Yes, and then they should sack themselves for appointing the wrong man so many times!!!!

w.connectionfc
02-10-2010, 04:50 PM
he should have been emptied before the end of last season

1 win in 10 this season 7 defeats

4 wins in 28
2 league wins in 15 and one was against dud utd's reserve team.

his excuse today............. daryl duffy WTF

100% embarrassment

Brando7
02-10-2010, 04:51 PM
lol

22 votes & 22 yes

Said it all really

hibiedude
02-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Another poll about Yogi :boo hoo:

We keep hearing that were about to turn the corner only to find out were stuck on a roundabout. :taxi

steviehfc
02-10-2010, 04:54 PM
he should have been emptied before the end of last season

1 win in 10 this season 7 defeats

4 wins in 28
2 league wins in 15 and one was against dud utd's reserve team.

his excuse today............. daryl duffy WTF

100% embarrassment:top marks Yogi, please go now

glenn6270
02-10-2010, 04:54 PM
yogi has to go before it is too late

in my opinion he should have been sacked after the 6-6 game with murderwell.

:cool2:

Brando7
02-10-2010, 05:00 PM
Who's the twat that broke the count n voted no :greengrin

sahib
02-10-2010, 05:05 PM
yogi has to go before it is too late

in my opinion he should have been sacked after the 6-6 game with murderwell.

:cool2:

Is it Yogis fault that his attacking front men, namely Nish and Riordan- neither of which were his signings, can't manage a shot on target. No one takes account of the fact his prefered option has injured himself and his brilliant signing from last season was sold from under him.

Hibercelona
02-10-2010, 05:06 PM

Does Yogi have an account on here by any chance? :cool2:

He seems to think that hes the right man for the job.

w.connectionfc
02-10-2010, 05:09 PM
probably blackpool :rolleyes:

Craig_in_Prague
02-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Is it Yogis fault that his attacking front men, namely Nish and Riordan- neither of which were his signings, can't manage a shot on target. No one takes account of the fact his prefered option has injured himself and his brilliant signing from last season was sold from under him.

away you go, how many chances has the team created for Riordan?

99% of the goals he does score, are down to his magic.

We just have a pishy team, and its YOGI's team.

Craig_in_Prague
02-10-2010, 05:10 PM

weststandhibby

smurf
02-10-2010, 05:10 PM
That was awful. He must be sacked.

sahib
02-10-2010, 05:11 PM
yes no maybe

Never mind all that is that bird wearing any knickers or not?

w.connectionfc
02-10-2010, 05:13 PM

:bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:

yam in disguise :bitchy::bitchy:

so you think stokes is brilliant.
you think the midfield not setting up any chances for rirdan is riordans own fault.
if your no a yam your family and if you are family please tell him he's over spent his stay by about 8 months :bye:

Mikey
02-10-2010, 05:15 PM

You'd be better off leaving the yam detection to us. You're clearly not very good at it :wink:

w.connectionfc
02-10-2010, 05:17 PM
You'd be better off leaving the yam detection to us. You're clearly not very good at it :wink:

ok i'll take a back seat :thumbsup:

Toaods
02-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Only 2 votes so far to keep Yogi.....are the Jambos in their beds...:confused:

sahib
02-10-2010, 05:18 PM

so you think stokes is brilliant.
you think the midfield not setting up any chances for rirdan is riordans own fault.
if your no a yam your family and if you are family please tell him he's over spent his stay by about 8 months :bye:

He was a brilliant signing as in it was highly significant in our finishing fourth last season. Yogi's ploy of signing ex Falkirk players has worked well up until now it is just bad luck that he has run out of them now.

BT58
02-10-2010, 05:20 PM

think you better apologise pronto
:cool2::cool2::cool2:

erin-go-bragh87
02-10-2010, 05:22 PM
away you go, how many chances has the team created for Riordan?

99% of the goals he does score, are down to his magic.

We just have a pishy team, and its YOGI's team.

:top marks

Disco Dave
02-10-2010, 05:22 PM
NO!!

Houchy
02-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Abso-F***** lutely.

Sorry Yogi but surely you can even see that this aint working.

If it was a golf match, you'd be 6 down with 5 to play... In other words, the game's over!!!:bye:

blackpoolhibs
02-10-2010, 05:34 PM

Idiot.

AFKA5814_Hibs
02-10-2010, 05:34 PM
I voted yes, but don't think the board will react until we are bottom of the league, which is likely to be 2-3 weeks time.

Mikey
02-10-2010, 05:36 PM

Idiot.

Ahem........... :cool2:

Sir David Gray
02-10-2010, 05:38 PM
I am amazed that there's five people on here who have voted for Hughes to remain as manager.

Really stunned.

The Voice Of Reason
02-10-2010, 05:40 PM
I am afraid that the time has come - yes.

TheEastTerrace
02-10-2010, 05:42 PM
No point having a big shiny stadium in the first division Rodders. Sort it out and sack him now. When you do, perhaps you and the board members will be man enough to admit you know very little about the requirements for a football manager and bring in an adviser to help you make the appointment. Your record of managerial appointments is shocking.

Andy74
02-10-2010, 05:43 PM
I've moved from a no to an unsure.

I think we've been unlucky at times but today was pretty worrying.

I can't see where our next chance will come from never mind a goal or a win.

De graaf should have played and changes should have been made before their first and certainly after it.

PeterboroHibee
02-10-2010, 05:43 PM

Trakys was his signing yet cant even get on for the last 15 when we are in need of a goal :confused:. Same can be said for De Graaf.

He has to go though, he is offering nothing to the club, instead he is dragging us into a position we shouldnt be in. Hes also clearly lost the plot, we did not match Saints in any way despite what Yogi says.

The sooner the better, but Im worried how long the board are willing to give him.

Hibby 2005
02-10-2010, 05:44 PM
The Board will be hoping he walks which ain't gonna happen so then we have the worst case scenario.

--------
02-10-2010, 05:46 PM
I voted yes, but don't think the board will react until we are bottom of the league, which is likely to be 2-3 weeks time.

Now is the time - we don't have a gae next weekend, and even if the board gave the job to Rice and Evans on a temporary basis they would have a decent chance to work with the players and sort out some of the stuff that's been going on.

We play Kilmarnock at ER next, then Aberdeen away, Hearts at home, Rangers away, and Motherwell at home, and then away to ICT. How many points will we take from those games, guys?

A BIG FAT ZERO? :cool2:

If the Bully Without A Clue is still in the job after that lot, I confidently predict that we' ll be adrift at the foot of the table, and sinking fast. That date is November 20.

HE HAS TO GO. :grr:

The board need to act now. Hughes took a lot of people in last year, myself included. No longer. We would be better just relieving him of his duties and leaving the training and preparation to Brian Rice and Gareth Evans Hughes is a liability, worse, MUCH worse, than a man short.

--------
02-10-2010, 05:47 PM
No point having a big shiny stadium in the first division Rodders. Sort it out and sack him now. When you do, perhaps you and the board members will be man enough to admit you know very little about the requirements for a football manager and bring in an adviser to help you make the appointment. Your record of managerial appointments is shocking.

:top marks

Sir David Gray
02-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Now is the time - we don't have a gae next weekend, and even if the board gave the job to Rice and Evans on a temporary basis they would have a decent chance to work with the players and sort out some of the stuff that's been going on.

We play Kilmarnock at ER next, then Aberdeen away, Hearts at home, Rangers away, and Motherwell at home, and then away to ICT. How many points will we take from those games, guys?

A BIG FAT ZERO? :cool2:

If the Bully Without A Clue is still in the job after that lot, I confidently predict that we' ll be adrift at the foot of the table, and sinking fast. That date is November 20.

HE HAS TO GO. :grr:

The board need to act now. Hughes took a lot of people in last year, myself included. No longer. We would be better just relieving him of his duties and leaving the training and preparation to Brian Rice and Gareth Evans Hughes is a liability, worse, MUCH worse, than a man short.

Don't forget the trip to Tannadice in between those two games.

Can't see that proving too fruitful.

Hiber-nation
02-10-2010, 06:00 PM
100% yes.

I've left Hibs games early 3 times now - the 6-2 at Motherwell, the 5-1 at tynecastle and today.

To not change a single thing, to not bring on a sub when we were toiling like we were today? Couldn't quite believe it. Position untenable.

hibee4life1983
02-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Aye, yesterday

--------
02-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Don't forget the trip to Tannadice in between those two games.

Can't see that proving too fruitful.

Oh yes, missed that one out. SIX games, probable return ZILCH. And no doubt we'll still be getting the same old garbage he spewed up tonight, and last week, and the week before that, and the week before that and the....

Green_one
02-10-2010, 06:30 PM
I am amazed that there's five people on here who have voted for Hughes to remain as manager.

Really stunned.

If Hughes ran naked onto the pitch with a Hearts scarf round his todger and humped the leg of the far side lineman there is a group on here that would still think he is wonderful.

Some people will simply not admit they were wrong. Big time. They are prepared to see Hibs slide further rather than admit that. :grr:

Some will be Yams. I have voted to keep no end of failing Hearts managers. Its childish but amusing.

andyhibeefan15
02-10-2010, 06:47 PM
:saltireflag:notworthy::hnet:yogi should go now other wise he is going to cause lots of bother we need a profesional manager like alex ferguison so we need to get rid of him before 2 weeks

--------
02-10-2010, 06:54 PM
yes no maybe

Of course they should.

And they should put a hundredweight of pig iron in the sack with him and throw the whole lot into the Victoria Dock.

:grr:

taag2646
02-10-2010, 07:02 PM
12 votes NO - behave!!! Either Yogi has 12 log ons or hibs.net has increasing yam pollution? On reflection probably the latter given the complexity of opening an account. :bye:

CropleyWasGod
02-10-2010, 07:08 PM
12 votes NO - behave!!! Either Yogi has 12 log ons or hibs.net has increasing yam pollution? On reflection probably the latter given the complexity of opening an account. :bye:

Aren't they allowed their opinion?:confused:

proud_and_green
02-10-2010, 07:24 PM
I was a no until today, that was awful. It annoyed me so much i cannot see that he can stay. He is not delivering. I truly believe he has brought in some decent players and maybe the identification of players is his strength, but it is certainly not setting a team up to play football and winning a match or being able to change things.

How come today we had no outlet for an ball and although we now have a bigger team we still got bullied off and beaten to every ball. BUt for bamba today would have been a lot lot worse.

I really hate that it has come to this but he must go, otherwise i think we are looking at relegation.

The next appointment must be someone who can break this trend of short term managers.

taag2646
02-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Aren't they allowed their opinion?:confused:

Of course - for YamsKickback :hnet:

CropleyWasGod
02-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Of course - for YamsKickback :hnet:

Can't agree. If there's one thing that we are, it's democratic. Every one is entitled to express their opinion, even if it's well out of step with the majority.

Nobody gets punted here for disagreeing with the party line.

Sir David Gray
02-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Could any of the 14 people who have voted for Hughes to stay in this poll please explain why they believe that he should remain as the Hibs manager?

I'm genuinely intrigued.

taag2646
02-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Can't agree. If there's one thing that we are, it's democratic. Every one is entitled to express their opinion, even if it's well out of step with the majority.

Nobody gets punted here for disagreeing with the party line.

First up in my original post I didn't say they weren't entitled to their opinion. Whilst I clearly disagree with it I was merely expressing my opinion and trying to make sense of it (granted with sarcasm).

As for getting "punted here for disagreeing with the party line" why NOT they do it in our democratic political system? I paid £400 for a season ticket like many others and expect a little in return (not the league just the odd 3 points perhaps). Its clear to the overwhelming majority exactly were the main problem lies so expressing my opinion in this manner is perfectly acceptable (in my opinion).

BenjiOscar
02-10-2010, 08:59 PM
I voted 'no' reason being that Yogi should realise that he cannot continue as manager and hand in his resignation without the need for the board to sack him. If not then it's time for Yogi to be 'mutually consented'.

It was mentioned in another thread about his radio Scotland interview today - his comment about being in this position lots of times surely demonstrates that he just hasn't got the necessary skills to manage our club.

IberianHibernian
02-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Could any of the 14 people who have voted for Hughes to stay in this poll please explain why they believe that he should remain as the Hibs manager?

I'm genuinely intrigued.No obvious replacement and unlikely to be at this time of season if from club in Scotland ( countries like Ireland with summer football maybe - Michael O`Neill ? ) . Squad is very poor - Yogi like last 2 or 3 managers has had to sign worse players than the ones that have left - next season that can`t happen ( I hope ! ) with Yogi or a new manager since we`ve almost no good players left to get rid of . May not be a good reason but far from convinced by alternatives and not sure all our problems are limited to manager and players .

steakbake
02-10-2010, 09:25 PM
No obvious replacement and unlikely to be at this time of season if from club in Scotland ( countries like Ireland with summer football maybe - Michael O`Neill ? ) . Squad is very poor - Yogi like last 2 or 3 managers has had to sign worse players than the ones that have left - next season that can`t happen ( I hope ! ) with Yogi or a new manager since we`ve almost no good players left to get rid of . May not be a good reason but far from convinced by alternatives and not sure all our problems are limited to manager and players .

Sorry, but I don't accept that at all. We actually have some very good players. But they are not playing to the total of what they are capable of. I have seen far worse squads playing for Hibs - far worse. Yogi has been able to bring in a number of players and I think the board has been supportive to the extent of helping him to do so.

The difference with this bunch is that they lack direction. At various points today, players were arguing about where they should be standing. And on the rare occasion when Yogi did emerge from hiding in the dug out, he was waving his hands around like a city trader trying to explain where everyone should be but still, it made no difference. So perhaps all the players are thick (which I doubt) or they have no idea what they want Yogi to have them doing? I don't know what the problem is, but quality of player is not one of them.

ian cruise
02-10-2010, 09:54 PM
i really wanted yogi but im afraid i had to vote no. ive just no confidence in hibs getting a result these days. i think we have a decent squad of player who arent performing and if hughes cant get them performing then he does have to go as that is his main if not sole purpose in his job as manager. most of the players are his signings now as well so he should know what they can do.

when i watch hibs we just look like hughes falkirk teams, theres no urgency and no final ball (except when riordan decides to just do it himself! and we cant rely on that all the time) most of the time when we are passing the ball around its because the opposition know they dont need to put any pressure on us and just sit back and let us play.

J-C
03-10-2010, 12:26 AM
i really wanted yogi but im afraid i had to vote no. ive just no confidence in hibs getting a result these days. i think we have a decent squad of player who arent performing and if hughes cant get them performing then he does have to go as that is his main if not sole purpose in his job as manager. most of the players are his signings now as well so he should know what they can do.

when i watch hibs we just look like hughes falkirk teams, theres no urgency and no final ball (except when riordan decides to just do it himself! and we cant rely on that all the time) most of the time when we are passing the ball around its because the opposition know they dont need to put any pressure on us and just sit back and let us play.

Ditto.

We have a good decent bunch of players who for some unknown reasin have lost all confidence in themselves, I can only put this down to the management, sorry big man but your time is up. :bye:

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-10-2010, 12:59 AM
Absolutely no question!, sorry John I've got a lot of time for you but you are clearly out of your depth, no disrespect but your not Hibernian class, sorry

cad
03-10-2010, 07:21 AM

Yogi time to take the long walk son ,your out of your depth ,and have been since our Moribor escapade , some would say longer but Moribor capped it for me utter pish , he got lucky with the Dun Utd reserve team ,but I think most of us new we were on a hiding when we went over there on our holidays .
I agree with you , as you say our problem is Rods ability to pick the right guy not the cheaper option ,our club may have gone forward in the stadia and training facilities but our lack of footballing knowledge when picking our managers leaves an awful lot to be desired .
But the biggest problem at Easter Road is still that meeting Rod had ,
it hangs over us and him like the sword of Damocles,and maybe the way around this is a football advisor as you suggest but thats another wage on a board thats already costing more than it should .
As long as Rods there this isnt going to change but with no new owners looking to purchase Hibs I think we are stuck with him ,a financially sound football club with all the trimmings ,that plays ***** football hoofball even ,and continually falls down on there choice of manager because the wrong guys picking him ,
This problem will rear its head again with whoever gets the job , and Rod will still be calling the shots .
I fear this isnt going to go away , Rods gonna have to spend and change if things are going to get better ,
Im still expecting Deek to sign an extension to his contract in the next week or so just a little bit of sugar to calm the hordes and stop them baying for blood ,but Rods seen all this before, Le God , JC, Mixu now Yogi water off a ducks back ,season tickets and buying the merchandise ,is the priority if you ask me the entertainment the thrills the goals the FOOTBALL seems to be secondary ,
3 trophies in 20 ,30 years how bad is that for an investment of thousands of supporters over the years ,talk about under achievment .
30 years now Ive invested in my team and Im running out of years waiting for the good times to come ,£405 I just parted with to sit in our new stand ,and its not working is it Yogi it is time to go ,I wouldnt want you to stay ,and to be the guy in history who took us down as our Captain and our Manager .

soupy
03-10-2010, 10:42 AM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bye: