PDA

View Full Version : Craig Brown please

Hakim Sar
02-10-2010, 04:23 PM
thats all im going to say

Expecting Rain
02-10-2010, 04:24 PM

My choice also, if we get around to changing the manager, still might be a big if.

Gatecrasher
02-10-2010, 04:25 PM
No Thanks

Thats all im going to say :greengrin

Kevvy1875

I wouldn't argue against that. Vastly underated when Scotland boss IMO in a case of you 'don't know what you got until its gone'

3pm
Thank **** if that's the best we can do.

hibiedude
02-10-2010, 04:27 PM

100% agree

Hakim Sar
02-10-2010, 04:27 PM
lets bring in pierre littbarski - he ALWAYS wants hibs job...

it'l end up being gordon chisholm if hes out of a job soon

or brian welsh.... i hear he is a taxi driver nowadays

ex player - check
little experience - check
cheap - check

Www1875hfc
02-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Craig Brown

Yes Please,And As Soon As Possible.

Zorro
02-10-2010, 04:29 PM
not sure he would want to leave a team doing well for one struggling like Hibs!

Turnip
02-10-2010, 04:31 PM
No thanks

Mark_K
02-10-2010, 04:48 PM
not sure he would want to leave a team doing well for one struggling like Hibs!

i actually think we'd do better with a new manager at the helm simply because i think we have a squad there that should be doing better than it is and it's basically yogi who's getting the tactics wrong.

RickyS
02-10-2010, 05:02 PM

its a yes from me too

Andy74
02-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Previously no but can't say I'd be gutted by it.

Saying that anyone will struggle with no quick or creative players.

SON OF PADDY
02-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Right Rod get Mr Brown along to E.R. asap ! A nice wee pot of tea and a slice of cake should do the trick ? :wink:

Albion Hibs
02-10-2010, 05:30 PM

Get real, why would CB come to Hibs?

He is one easy street, a good group of players, fans with limited expectations, and very little pressure. ER is the reverse of all of the above.

I want our current manager to get things sorted!

Houchy
02-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Paw Broon's not got a contract at Motherwell either has he?

The_Todd
02-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Scene: Fir park, managers office 7pm Saturday. Craig Brown is surfing the web in his MFC tracksuit and having a celebratory nip after another win.

The telephone rings.

Craig Brown: "Hello?"
Mysterious Caller: "Hello Mr Brown. My name is Rod Petrie, and I'm calling from Hibernian FC"
Craig Brown: "Oh. What can I do for you?"
Tache: "Well, thing is we have a vacancy down here. We're looking for an experienced manager to help us beat the drop. Do you fancy leaving your Top 3 fight to come to the basement end of the league?"

Craig Brown puts the phone down without saying any more.

Fin.

PaulSmith
02-10-2010, 05:41 PM

He is one easy street, a good group of players, fans with limited expectations, and very little pressure. ER is the reverse of all of the above.

The same reason as McLeish did, bigger and better job.

M11BMO
02-10-2010, 05:42 PM
I would be happy if we got him.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-10-2010, 05:44 PM
I say when the time comes ignore the fans callings, ignore the boards process and choose the 3rd way cos neither have served us particularly well in the recent past.

Albion Hibs
02-10-2010, 05:48 PM
The same reason as McLeish did, bigger and better job.

Bigger and better job? You must be kidding.

He has a better squad and no pressure, the chance to do something, but what he is going to leave that because we have a training centre, a bigger stadium and fans that will be shouting for his head booing the first chance the get.

I think we need to get real, if the board are not careful the hibs job is going to end up being something no one would thank you for and only take if they were getting a wad of cash - and thats not going to happen.

Andy74
02-10-2010, 06:10 PM
If the problem is the current manager then of course the hibs job is bigger and better.

If it was to be brown then by thinking he is the man for the job the combination of good manager and bigger club would make us far better than Motherwell surely?

RickyS
02-10-2010, 06:31 PM
If the problem is the current manager then of course the hibs job is bigger and better.

If it was to be brown then by thinking he is the man for the job the combination of good manager and bigger club would make us far better than Motherwell surely?

and maybe we could afford to give him a better budget and maybe a contract!
OR maybe John Boyle has got the right idea, managers with no contract cost sod all to pay off

down the slope
02-10-2010, 06:36 PM

Thank you Mrs Hughes, if we wait any longer we will be sorting it the first div.

PeeKay
02-10-2010, 06:37 PM
Maybe somebody could remind me. Who is the manager of the only team Hibs have beaten so far this season?

Andy74
02-10-2010, 06:40 PM
Maybe somebody could remind me. Who is the manager of the only team Hibs have beaten so far this season?

To be fair they should have been four up!

RickyS
02-10-2010, 06:46 PM

and who is the manager of the team who are St Mirrens only win this season?

Big Frank
02-10-2010, 06:50 PM
Craig Broon?. Fills me with a big fat nothing.

That would fill ER

:yawn:

johnbc70
02-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Bring back JC - with the budget Yogi had he would soon put things right.

Dashing Bob S
02-10-2010, 07:02 PM
That man was put on god's earth to manage Hearts.

The_Todd
02-10-2010, 07:06 PM
Bring back JC - with the budget Yogi had he would soon put things right.

I know Petrie's a miracle worker, but even he couldn't bring Johnny Cash back from the dead.

PeeKay
02-10-2010, 08:03 PM
and who is the manager of the team who are St Mirrens only win this season?

:confused: Exactly. Even St. Mirren can beat us. I thought this thread was about the merits of bringing in Paw Broon as our saviour. Frying pan to fire as far as I'm concerned if his present team can't even beat us in our current state.

Expecting Rain
03-10-2010, 07:43 AM
Brown has the experience of managing Scotland in the European Championships and handling massive egos at that level, he`s not doing too badly at Motherwell either, the Hibs job wouldn`t intimidate him plus i think he would like to prove his worth in club football.

Keith_M
03-10-2010, 07:56 AM
Brown has the experience of managing Scotland in the European Championships and handling massive egos at that level, he`s not doing too badly at Motherwell either, the Hibs job wouldn`t intimidate him plus i think he would like to prove his worth in club football.

I agree with all of that, except I'm not sure he'd want to come to Hibs.As has been said already by others, there are a lot of reasons why he'd be happier where he is.

Anyway, who really believes Hibs are a bigger club than Motherwell? It worries me that sometimes some of our support have an over-inflated view of our place in the football world. We have a bigger support but that's about it, as far as I can see. I'm sure Motherwell have achieved as much as Hibs have in Europe in the last twenty years.

Dr Jimmy
03-10-2010, 08:04 AM
Motherwell also gave him a chance to get back into football after a while in the wilderness. He strikes me as quite a loyal and honourable man, so I have my doubts he would walk out on them.

Expecting Rain
03-10-2010, 09:01 AM
I agree with all of that, except I'm not sure he'd want to come to Hibs.As has been said already by others, there are a lot of reasons why he'd be happier where he is.

Anyway, who really believes Hibs are a bigger club than Motherwell? It worries me that sometimes some of our support have an over-inflated view of our place in the football world. We have a bigger support but that's about it, as far as I can see. I'm sure Motherwell have achieved as much as Hibs have in Europe in the last twenty years.

You might be right about the big club thing but i would imagine with our current financial situation, our 20,000 seater stadium and excellent training facilities we`re in a better position, except where it counts of course which is in the league position. I`m not suggesting that he is some sort of messiah but i think he would be less of a gamble than some of the appointments we`ve had, i`ve got nothing against Yogi,John Collins or Mixu they`ve all represented Hibs in a good way over the years but they`ve proved to be inept at our club in a managerial sense and we can`t afford to be too sentimental it is a tough business.

lucky
03-10-2010, 09:17 AM
I would take him but I'm also unsure if he would want to come.. But Hibs are definitely a bigger club that Motherwell. The stadium, training ground, the player budget and size of support clearly show that. Hibs are crying out for manager that can organise the team and motivate them. Craig Brown would also deal deal with any big time charlies that at ER. But I just want Yogi out so any experience manager would do for me.

Harpandcastle
03-10-2010, 09:23 AM

Me. And by a very long way at that. Not that I'd hope it matters as I would rather Paw Broon and bluenose Archie stay well away from E.R.

renato
03-10-2010, 11:22 AM
That man was put on god's earth to manage Hearts.

:tee hee:

Such is our position at present though, even he would be greeted with open arms by most. Wouldn't be my first choice but maybe that's what we need just now, solid, experienced and able to get the players playing and organised.

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 01:58 PM

Dont think the above really relates to what I said.

Thank you Mrs Hughes, if we wait any longer we will be sorting it the first div.

Yeah good effort einstein, lets just hook every manager in sight, we finished 4th last year....but who cares, lets just get him out and start the while - we love you, we hate you, boo you process all over again.

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Yeah good effort einstein, lets just hook every manager in sight, we finished 4th last year....but who cares, lets just get him out and start the while - we love you, we hate you, boo you process all over again.

I don't think we should be going through the amount of managers we have done recently, but it does appear he's lost the players. He's certainly lost the fans, well 99% of them.

The club is in turmoil, the fans wont get behind the team, the players are not giving their all, even if you don't think its right, he has to go for the sake of the club.

Albion Hibs
03-10-2010, 02:11 PM
I don't think we should be going through the amount of managers we have done recently, but it does appear he's lost the players. He's certainly lost the fans, well 99% of them.

The club is in turmoil, the fans wont get behind the team, the players are not giving their all, even if you don't think its right, he has to go for the sake of the club.

There is nothing that makes me think he has lost the players, as for the fans, if that is the case I would question whether or not they are fans. I have never known a hibs fan that wont get behind the team, and players ot giving there all should remember they work for the fans and get there job down.

I think Yogi has been let down by the board, and fallen victim to the culture at Hibs which is sack, get rid of, and boo.

Jamesie
03-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Does anyone actually think Brown would be guaranteed to take the job if offered to him?

In his 70s, onto a relatively good thing at Motherwell with only reasonable expectations. Pretty much done most of it in the game already.

Why would he want the pressure associated with the Hibs job?

zlatan
03-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Would be the Scottish equivalent of Hodgson going to Liverpool imo.

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2010, 03:15 PM
Would be the Scottish equivalent of Hodgson going to Liverpool imo.

At least yogi can get a result against Blackpool. :greengrin

erin go bragh
03-10-2010, 08:14 PM

me and mr mcleish :agree:

weonlywon6-2
04-10-2010, 08:22 AM

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

just look at what he has done for motherwell,says it all really

Andy74
04-10-2010, 08:45 AM
Hibs are a bigger club in every way to Motherwell, you just have to sit in Fir Park and look round.

This doesn't mean they can't have a better team or do better at any point in time but a good manager would expect to do far more at Hibs than Motherwell.

It's maybe time for someone like him who has seen it all and will surely not allow players to run the club?

It might not be big box office but we don't we keep hearing that the only way to bring in crowds is to win games?

Expecting Rain
04-10-2010, 09:03 AM
Brown did a good job with Scotland handling a lot of big names and competing well with some of the bigger nations, i think he would command the respect of the current crop of players, the older and the younger and he just might be at the right age to put Hibs back in the race, i`ve no doubt at all in my mind that with him we wouldn`t be sitting in the bottom six.

PS-He also took his team to Tynie recently and stuffed them 2-0.:top marks