No crosses

Says he is still man for the job

Says he has been in this position many times before

Says team are lacking in confidence

Says they are a different team on the training field

Says we werent doing enough in behind the D

Says the 2nd goal was something u would see down the park

Says the situation is very worrying

Because you are a sh8te manager perhaps?

Green_one
02-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Did you catch Mark McGhee?

1 point in 15 and 'he is not worried'!!!!

He will not be worried until they get all their injured players back

Dons fans will be raging

GB6
02-10-2010, 04:32 PM
The fact he says he has been in this position many times before is worrying...

JE89
02-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Matching them isn't good enough. The fact he thinks it is shows he is in the wrong job. Do the right thing petrie.

hibiedude
02-10-2010, 04:36 PM
This board are going to have to sack this guy because this clearly cant continue

forgot what the happy clappers are saying he hasn't got a clue and no amount of time is going to change that.

for god sake lets move this man on and let's start the re-building before its to late.

Sir David Gray
02-10-2010, 04:37 PM

Dons fans will be raging

They're still two points, five goals and three places in the league better off than us.

They're also still in the League Cup. :boo hoo:

hibiedude
02-10-2010, 04:40 PM
there's nearly 2000 people on this site right now and it's slowing the site down

can some of you get off because i'm not finished my rant :greengrin

erskine-hibby
02-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Never listened to it, don't want to.
All I want to hear now is that he is gone and an apology from Him and Petrie for making such a ****** up.

PISTOL1875
02-10-2010, 05:28 PM

Dons fans will be raging

In fairness to MM.. His squad is massively depleated so that will buy him so time..

We more or less have a full team to pick from....

PISTOL1875
02-10-2010, 05:29 PM
How many times did he say the phrase '' rise above it '' ???

Hibby 2005
02-10-2010, 05:56 PM
How many times did he say the phrase '' rise above it '' ???

Yogi's pre-match phrases are usually along the lines of "right", "good" and "go".

Post-match analysis - "the boys gave me everything but we still lost".

hibee4life1983
02-10-2010, 06:17 PM
U forgot ''resaloute'' and ''big nisshhy'' and the ''wee dynamo'' RANKin.

Sir David Gray
02-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Do we still have "goals in the team"?

--------
02-10-2010, 06:34 PM

Erm, NO?

Listening to him now - he's talking absolute rubbish.

"I know what needs to be done." Aye, right.

He's like one of those dolls where you pull the string and it rabbits on and on and on until the spring runs down.

For goodness' sake, Petrie - pull the switch and put us all out of our misery.

silverhibee
02-10-2010, 06:39 PM
Stated that they werent good enough

Not enough shots
Not enough passes
No crosses

And that statement says it all about the manager, clueless, relagation battle here wee come, not a single shot on goal today, players once again didn't have a clue what they were doing, not good enough.

:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi

silverhibee
02-10-2010, 06:41 PM

:agree: :agree: :agree:

Capt Mainwaring
02-10-2010, 06:44 PM

No - we certainly don't. Sold our goal threat to Celtic for a pittance a few weeks ago. And whilst we have a Midfield that:-

has no width
doesn't work hard enough
fails to protect the back four
fails to straighten up the game and drive forward
adds no goal threat
is unavailable for for balls the break off the forwards

then we are doomed. Utter shambles today. How Hughes can sit there and make no positional changes, no substuitutions, no change in tactics - is beyond belief.

For the Board members that do view this site the message is clear. This is relegation material plain and simple. Act now.

Ultimately the manager wil take the fall for this, but some of the players should have a close look in the mirror at themselves. Too many of them don't care enough and are not putting in the effort required of a Hibernian Jersey. I'm particularly thinking of McBride, Miller, Nish, Rankin, and (today anyway) Riordan.

Very sad but more angry:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:!!!!!

Baldy Foghorn
02-10-2010, 06:45 PM
And that statement says it all about the manager, clueless, relagation battle here wee come, not a single shot on goal today, players once again didn't have a clue what they were doing, not good enough.

Wotherspoon had two shots on goal in first half, still not good enough, but I am Mr Pedantic

scoopyboy
02-10-2010, 06:49 PM

IIRC Wotherspoon had a shot saved in the first half and Deek knocked one just wide in the second but that was all I can recall.

That was easily the worst performance I can recall in a long long time in terms of creating anything.

Worse than St. Mirren a few weeks ago and IMO worse than the 5-1 drubbing up there last season.

Hughes cannot be allowed to continue.

PaulSmith
02-10-2010, 06:52 PM
IIRC Wotherspoon had a shot saved in the first half and Deek knocked one just wide in the second but that was all I can recall.

That was easily the worst performance I can recall in a long long time in terms of creating anything.

Worse than St. Mirren a few weeks ago and IMO worse than the 5-1 drubbing up there last season.

Hughes cannot be allowed to continue.
But Scoopy, all week we heard that the boys were going to prove their critics wrong and had a real fire in the belly.. All the usual slavering pish.

DH1875
02-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Matching them isn't good enough. The fact he thinks it is shows he is in the wrong job. Do the right thing petrie.

:top marks

Nope, they sitting on celtics bench:boo hoo:. Great move Stokes, great move:grr:.

The_Todd
02-10-2010, 06:55 PM

Or because his last job was Falkirk, who will be fighting relegation most seasons they're in the SPL no matter who is managing them?

I don't think Yogi's the man for the Hibs job, but jeezo some of the personal abuse just isn't called for.

truehibernian
02-10-2010, 06:57 PM
St Johnstone right back could have lit up a hamlet and read his paper today. Rankin comes in, supposedly left midfield, yet drifts inwards constantly and leaves Grounds looking for Nish or Riordan instead of feeding it to his midfielder. Hart and DW started to get bits of scraps on their flanks by taking a chance and having some confidence. Duberry will never have an easier afternoon, indeed, he probably wishes he plays Hibs and Nish in particular each and every week. Nish and Riordan up front sadly are our only options for a gooooood while now. Scary scary thought. Do they teach basic tackling, fitness and taking bloody throw-ins and corners at East Mains, or is it still these silly wee games of 5's and football tennis games in the shed. Each to a man today looked slow, unfit and their basic touch had gone. Dare I say (tin hat on) I think some of the players may not be giving 100% with a purpose in mind.....that being to make sure Hughes is gone.

PeterboroHibee
02-10-2010, 07:01 PM
Wotherspoon had two shots on goal in first half, still not good enough, but I am Mr Pedantic

Wasnt his only shot on target from quite far out and straight at the keeper though? Probably our best chance of the game and it didnt give the keeper any problems...

Baldy Foghorn
02-10-2010, 07:04 PM
Wasnt his only shot on target from quite far out and straight at the keeper though? Probably our best chance of the game and it didnt give the keeper any problems...

Thought he also had a shot at quite a tight angle which Enkleman parried out?:confused:

Jonnyboy
02-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Thought he also had a shot at quite a tight angle which Enkleman parried out?:confused:

He did indeed S.

PeterboroHibee
02-10-2010, 07:14 PM

Maybe Im wrong then, just cant remember their keeper ever being troubled.

stokesmessiah
02-10-2010, 08:12 PM
St Johnstone right back could have lit up a hamlet and read his paper today. Rankin comes in, supposedly left midfield, yet drifts inwards constantly and leaves Grounds looking for Nish or Riordan instead of feeding it to his midfielder. Hart and DW started to get bits of scraps on their flanks by taking a chance and having some confidence. Duberry will never have an easier afternoon, indeed, he probably wishes he plays Hibs and Nish in particular each and every week. Nish and Riordan up front sadly are our only options for a gooooood while now. Scary scary thought. Do they teach basic tackling, fitness and taking bloody throw-ins and corners at East Mains, or is it still these silly wee games of 5's and football tennis games in the shed. Each to a man today looked slow, unfit and their basic touch had gone. Dare I say (tin hat on) I think some of the players may not be giving 100% with a purpose in mind.....that being to make sure Hughes is gone.

In a weird way i hope that is whats going on because if its not and that really is the quality we have in the squad then were goosed no matter who our manager is.

sparkiehibs
02-10-2010, 09:58 PM

If Deek gets Injured then the season is well and truly finished

Baldy Foghorn
02-10-2010, 10:04 PM

:agree: He has scored 50% of our league goals this campaign, the other goals scored by 3 individuals, 1 of whom has departed to the West

BWhiteman1972
02-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Stated that they werent good enough

Not enough shots
Not enough passes
No crosses

If he was saying this after a bad run of 5 or 6 mayber even 8 games that would be bad enough - but after 4 wins in 29 games?????

He hasn't got a clue, he obviously can't fix the problem (current run is proof of that!) so Mr Petrie why is he still in a job?

Duff Jimmy was left in the job far too long, and if I remember rightly he didn't get as long as Yogi has.

Hughes must go NOW before it is too late!!

silverhibee
02-10-2010, 10:58 PM

When he got on to the bus after the game he was limping badly, no shoe on, i heard later that he couldn't get his shoe on because the side of his foot had swollen up a fair bit, it was a nasty tackle from from Duberry in the first half, and i dont think Derek fully recovered from that challenge today.

silverhibee
02-10-2010, 11:00 PM
:agree: He has scored 50% of our league goals this campaign, the other goals scored by 3 individuals, 1 of whom has departed to the West

And his three assists in the Motherwell game. :thumbsup: :greengrin

Sir David Gray
02-10-2010, 11:00 PM
When he got on to the bus after the game he was limping badly, no shoe on, i heard later that he couldn't get his shoe on because the side of his foot had swollen up a fair bit, it was a nasty tackle from from Duberry in the first half, and i dont think Derek fully recovered from that challenge today.

Just as well he has two weeks to recover from it then.

We are bad enough at the moment without having Derek Riordan sitting on the treatment table for three or four games.

blackpoolhibs
02-10-2010, 11:01 PM

FFS that will be him out of the Scotland game then. :wink:

matty_f
02-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Just as well he has two weeks to recover from it then.

We are bad enough at the moment without having Derek Riordan sitting on the treatment table for three or four games.

:agree:

I shudder to think what our team looks like minus Deek at the moment. He's about the only bright spot to the season so far.

silverhibee
02-10-2010, 11:25 PM
FFS that will be him out of the Scotland game then. :wink:

He phoned harry potter straight away to break the bad news to him. :greengrin

truehibernian
03-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Don't worry silverhibee, with John Hughes terrific eye for a player and his uncanny knack of unearthing a new position for a young player, expect to see young Lee Currie partnering Lewis Stevenson up front against Killie if Derek is injured. And with his tactical brain I would thereafter expect us to play a long ball game to utilise Stevenson's great ariel ability and hold up play.

Derek had a couple of sniffs yesterday but all in all I thought his body language wasn't the greatest. Can't be easy being one step ahead of the other players and having to watch unfit players around him take an age to control a football, pass a football and be generally good at the basics. Why do Hibs players need around 3 touches to control an easy pass when it should really take 1 ? All boils down to what they do at training for me and to be honest they look so chronically unfit aerobically it is untrue. Nish was breathing heavy after 50 minutes when we won a corner.