PDA

View Full Version : It's time to bring in Jimmy Calderwood

Ozyhibby
02-10-2010, 04:09 PM
before some other struggling team snap him up.

stokesmessiah
02-10-2010, 04:10 PM

:agree: I agree

bighairyfaeleith
02-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Please god no!!!

Hibercelona
02-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Sad times....

Westie1875

Until the end of the season I wouldn't say no, as a permanent appointment I have my doubts.

Thomson1875
Please no, he would do much better than john hughes.

zlatan
02-10-2010, 04:13 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3217/3015062728_6b27f9a6ae.jpg

Spike Mandela
02-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Give me strength!!! Take it you would want Sandy Clark and Jimmy Nicholl as well god forbid.

Time for Hibs board to think out the box and not go for the obvious.

Dig out the old checklist that helped us identify Mowbray and a fresh way of thinking.

Phil MaGlass
02-10-2010, 04:14 PM
No f,n way.

Hainan Hibs
02-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Things have got that bad that I would beg Petrie to bring in Tangoman. Impressive SPL record with the Sheep and gave them some very memorable Euro nights.

Whos-the-poster

HELL NO :bitchy:

Beefster

Damn straight. Finally, we could get the Jimmy Calderwood, Jocky Scott, John 'Cowboy" McCormack Dream Team that I've been dreaming about for years.

stokesmessiah
02-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Give me strength!!! Take it you would want Sandy Clark and Jimmy Nicholl as well god forbid.

Time for Hibs board to think out the box and not go for the obvious.

Dig out the old checklist that helped us identify Mowbray and a fresh way of thinking.

I dont agree with that tbh, i think me must go for someone with some proven experience that can organise us and get the best out of this squad.

An experimental manager could just end up in us shelling out cash whilst gambling on the outcome.

Beefster
02-10-2010, 04:20 PM
I dont agree with that tbh, i think me must go for someone with some proven experience that can organise us and get the best out of this squad.

An experimental manager could just end up in us shelling out cash whilst gambling on the outcome.

'Out of the Box" does not equal 'experimental".

Spike Mandela
02-10-2010, 04:21 PM

Trouble is stokesmessiah( really must think of a name change:greengrin) is that the bit in bold would probably have described Yogi on his appointment.

yekimevol
02-10-2010, 04:24 PM
he is a better manager than yogi (tactics and the use of subs) i would take him on a contract till the end of the season

cad
02-10-2010, 04:25 PM

Im hoping Hibs are going to aim a bit higher than Jimmy Calderwood ,

Bishop Hibee
02-10-2010, 04:28 PM
We need someone with experience. Calderwood fits the bill as undoubtedly do many others. It's a matter of who we can afford too although I'd say to Petrie "think about the money we'd lose if we went down."

I'd like someone like Curbishley or Pardew but no way we could afford them. Whoever the next manager is, the spotlight will turn on the players who will have to stand up and be counted. Is the squad good enough to stay up? I hope so :worried:

Bishop Hibee
02-10-2010, 04:30 PM
Trouble is stokesmessiah( really must think of a name change:greengrin) is that the bit in bold would probably have described Yogi on his appointment.

Eh, no! He nearly took Falkirk down. It was only a decent performance v the Huns in the cup final that made me think he might do the business with better players. How wrong I was :boo hoo:

Hibercelona
02-10-2010, 04:31 PM

When does the club ever aim high?

They will chase the cheapest option available...... Business style. :yawn:

lucky
02-10-2010, 04:31 PM
FFS I would take Mr bean at this time. Sitting on bus on the way back from the game and everyone wants Hughes out

Hank Schrader
02-10-2010, 04:32 PM
I'd rather bathe my genitals in hydrofluoric acid than see Jimmy Calderwood in charge of Hibs

Row H
02-10-2010, 04:33 PM

:rolleyes:

stokesmessiah
02-10-2010, 04:33 PM

I like my name, makes me stand out from the crowd :greengrin

And your probably right with that point it could well of described Yogi which leaves me confused as to what we do next?

I still think we arguably have one of the best squads in Scotland but we look absolutely clueless. It was said today on the radio and its a real concern of mine but we were going nowhere today and no changes of either personnel or shape....thats basics isnt it?

And if the answer is that we had no one the bench to change it what does that say about Trakys if he is not good enough to replace Nish, and if that is the case why oh why are we shelling a wage out on him.

A change is needed now though it would take only the most deluded of Yogi backers to think he can now turn this round, and with a big part of the squad out of contract in the summer it would give someone the chance to assess the squad and make the changes required next year.

mixuok
02-10-2010, 04:35 PM
more of the same if we get tango man i say lets be adventurous and get paul lambert his wife and kids are still up here and she wants him to come home:agree:

Zorro
02-10-2010, 04:37 PM
I suggest employing a spiritualist to contact the afterlife and see if the spirit of Brian Clough would consider the job. :wink:

Must be the shoogliest of pegs for Hughes now.

Turnip

Why?

Carheenlea
Jimmy Calderwood is obviously not everyones cup of tea, but I think this could be the right job for him. SPL experience with a decent record and no ties to Hibs whatsoever. The candidates available (yes, I know there us not a vacancy yet..) who would accept the financial structures at Hibs would not be a long and illustrious list of top quality experienced managers.
International break next week, ask Yogi to Petries office on return to ER in his hat and coat, Calderwood in for midweek... I'd take that.

HibeEC
02-10-2010, 04:39 PM
I'd rather bathe my genitals in hydrofluoric acid than see Jimmy Calderwood in charge of Hibs

Then you would have two Jimmy Calderwoods!!! :bevvied!::bevvied!:

hibiedude
02-10-2010, 04:43 PM

I take it your having a bad day..... lets not make it worse

Carheenlea
02-10-2010, 04:43 PM

Who do you suggest?

I have no idea what a manager earns, but if you look at the players we bring in within our budget, you have to assume that the club can't sanction any top names.

Craig_in_Prague
02-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Who do you suggest?

I have no idea what a manager earns, but if you look at the players we bring in within our budget, you have to assume that the club can't sanction any top names.

I dont know what Collins, Mixu or Hughes earnt, but I recall Bobby W was on very good money and Mowbray was on 52K a year, So you don't always get what you pay for.

Why is it so difficult to get a manager that organises and motivates the team, at least so when they leave the pitch upon the FT whistle, they're pumelled, pishing of sweat and no matter the score can sleep well knowing they done their best.

Is it really that **** hard :grr:

cad
02-10-2010, 04:53 PM

Its all up to Rod , we have the infrastructure , just needs the right man to come in and sort it out ,the thing is I dont think Rods got the smarts where it comes to picking the next gaffer , there in lies the problem ,dont want an ex player dont want Billy Reid , Tangoman or anybody else in Scottish football

Sir David Gray
02-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Delighted might be a bit strong but I would certainly take Jimmy Calderwood.

I don't understand the feelings of some people on here towards Calderwood. He did a really good job at Aberdeen, finishing in the top four in all but one of his seasons in charge.

I would definitely be giving him a call in the next couple of days to see if he's interested.

w.connectionfc
02-10-2010, 04:56 PM
this thread has to be a yam wind-up.

aye tango's a better manager than hughes but then again WHO ISNAE

you can stick tango where the sun don't shine :bye:

stokesmessiah
02-10-2010, 05:00 PM

Did you back Yogi's appointment?

Tell me what he has done in comparison to Calderwood?

stubru59
02-10-2010, 05:00 PM
If he's the answer, we're not asking the right questions.

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-10-2010, 05:01 PM
No way do I want that permatan numpty at ER especially with that hun Nicholl

Hibby Kay-Yay
02-10-2010, 05:03 PM

tha's harsh, he would at very least need a tanning shop if there is going to be no sunshine

w.connectionfc
02-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Did you back Yogi's appointment?

Tell me what he has done in comparison to Calderwood?

what are you on about. try reading what i said.

1/ no i didn't want hughes as manager. his only decent spell as a manager was when latapy had falkirk playing.
he's a smeltic man, like yourself ( with that name )

i clearly stated CALDERWOODS a better manager so where are you coming from :rolleyes: :taxifor you :taxi for hughes

Alfred E Newman
02-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Given the dire situation we are in, and the poor squad he will inherit, any replacement for Hughes has to be experienced. That more or less rules out my preference Michael O`Neil, and when you look round the other possible candidates we don`t have many options. Calderwood would not be a popular choice for some but he would keep us up.

PiemanP
02-10-2010, 05:11 PM
:faf::faf:

Carheenlea
02-10-2010, 05:24 PM
No way do I want that permatan numpty at ER especially with that hun Nicholl

So your argument against is that Jimmy Calderwood likes a sunbed and Jimmy Nichol is a "Hun".

Any better arguments against?

judas
02-10-2010, 05:26 PM

Ok. Admit it. Your on the wind up. He he.

The_Todd
02-10-2010, 05:31 PM
3rd, 4th twice and 6th: Calderwood's Aberdeen.

Ok, he won't play "flair football" but we've got to realise that that's not the priority right now.

PISTOL1875
02-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Jimmy Calderwood would be a good appointment... A manager who has SPL experience , a proven track record also and isnt afraid to change it when it's going wrong..

2-0 down the teams playing crap and no subs or change to the system.. WHAT A JOKE. !!!!!!!!!!

Its alright though because big yogi is hurting and the feels bad about it....

The_Todd
02-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Delighted might be a bit strong but I would certainly take Jimmy Calderwood.

I don't understand the feelings of some people on here towards Calderwood. He did a really good job at Aberdeen, finishing in the top four in all but one of his seasons in charge.

I would definitely be giving him a call in the next couple of days to see if he's interested.

People with bizarre delusions would say he's "not Hibs class".

steviehfc
02-10-2010, 05:38 PM
more of the same if we get tango man i say lets be adventurous and get paul lambert his wife and kids are still up here and she wants him to come home:agree:Do you realistically think that Lambert would leave Norwich to come to Hibs? I can't see it myself, a team sitting in 3rd place in the championship or a struggling hibs side...decisions, decisions eh.

Hibby 2005
02-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Going back again for Collins could be a good move. Petrie would have to be brave enough to back him next time rather than the players when Collins quite rightly kicks some ass.

Billy Whizz
02-10-2010, 05:42 PM

It's not about who we want in!
I think you may be in for a painful situation sometime soon.

hibees53
02-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Jimmy Calderwood would be a good appointment... A manager who has SPL experience , a proven track record also and isnt afraid to change it when it's going wrong..

2-0 down the teams playing crap and no subs or change to the system.. WHAT A JOKE. !!!!!!!!!!

Its alright though because big yogi is hurting and the feels bad about it....

Yes ,I also feel that although not a great fan of him,calderwood would be a goood appointment

Duffys13
02-10-2010, 05:44 PM

Please no,the man is one of the most boring folk in football, I would rather take another gamble.

Barney McGrew
02-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Calderwood would not be a bad choice IMO.

Under our best recent manager Mowbray, with all the talent he had at his disposal we finished above Aberdeen on goal difference the first season and by two points the following season. He did a sterling job at Dunfermline too.

Hibee Hibernian
02-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Gordon Strachan will be available soon i'd say.
but could we afford him or do we even want him ??:bitchy:

AllyF
02-10-2010, 05:52 PM
This thread sums up just how bad things really are.

proud_and_green
02-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Calderwood -

NO, no and **** no!!

Strachan:

As above

I am going to get a t-shirt made up with ABC on the front - anyone but calderwood!!!!

mixuok
02-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Do you realistically think that Lambert would leave Norwich to come to Hibs? I can't see it myself, a team sitting in 3rd place in the championship or a struggling hibs side...decisions, decisions eh.
as i said his wife is still living in lanarkshire and does not want to live in england a wee bit o cash and i think he could be persuaded :agree:

hibee4life1983
02-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Tanfastic? No thanks

jdships
02-10-2010, 06:14 PM
I take it your having a bad day..... lets not make it worse

With you all the way on that :top marks

PISTOL1875
02-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Yes ,I also feel that although not a great fan of him,calderwood would be a goood appointment

I am not the biggest fan of him either but he is good at his job.. What's the problem ???

DH1875
02-10-2010, 06:20 PM
As far as I'm concerned it will NEVER be time to bring in Calderwood.

hibby67
02-10-2010, 06:25 PM
i dont want his personaly..
the spl is stale with the same managers moving from one club to another.
he might getter better results and move us up the table but in 6 months we will all be moaning yes we are getting the results but the football is boring and the fans will switch off and walk away.

the board are trying to be imaginative with trying to get more fans to attend games now the stadium is finished..... i thinks its about time they were just as imaginative with the next manager. i dont want someone who has worked in the SPL before. i would like someone with new ideas to be a breath of fresh air (like mowbray was, not that i want him back).

who that person is i have know idea but lets be bold

banarc7062
02-10-2010, 06:28 PM

My God are we that bad to want Tango man as Manager :grr:

PatHead
02-10-2010, 07:07 PM
i dont want his personaly..
the spl is stale with the same managers moving from one club to another.
he might getter better results and move us up the table but in 6 months we will all be moaning yes we are getting the results but the football is boring and the fans will switch off and walk away.

the board are trying to be imaginative with trying to get more fans to attend games now the stadium is finished..... i thinks its about time they were just as imaginative with the next manager. i dont want someone who has worked in the SPL before. i would like someone with new ideas to be a breath of fresh air (like mowbray was, not that i want him back).

who that person is i have know idea but lets be bold

Gus Poyet. He was the brains behind Leeds great run under Dennis Wise before he left for Spurs (assistant manager). Done a good job at Brighton and surely wouldn't cost too much as Brighton are skint. Reminds me of Monkeyheid but has managerial experience.

Andy74
02-10-2010, 07:09 PM
No to this particular jc.

hibby67
02-10-2010, 07:23 PM
No to this particular jc.

why :dunno:

Alfred E Newman
02-10-2010, 07:37 PM
My God are we that bad to want Tango man as Manager :grr:

At the moment anyone would be better than what we have.

1875 NO 1
02-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Going back again for Collins could be a good move. Petrie would have to be brave enough to back him next time rather than the players when Collins quite rightly kicks some ass.
JC could sign top players like alan o'brien,Terry Gattusi, Maka, Clayton Donaldson, Brain Kerr, Patrick Nabussie

The_Todd
02-10-2010, 07:42 PM
So far not one person saying "no" to Calderwood has actuaally bothered to expand on their objections, apart from one use of the word "hun".

Does anyone actually have any real objections, or is his Hunnic past really all there is?

The_Todd
02-10-2010, 07:43 PM
JC could sign top players like alan o'brien,Terry Gattusi, Maka, Clayton Donaldson, Brain Kerr, Patrick Nabussie

Or do something disasterous like win a Cup. No, forget it. No way must JC be allowed to put us through the emotional strain of winning something!

Kaiser1962
02-10-2010, 07:45 PM
And he also persuaded Petrie to bid £900k for Naismith.

1875 NO 1
02-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Or do something disasterous like win a Cup. No, forget it. No way must JC be allowed to put us through the emotional strain of winning something!

with somebody else's players.

Spike Mandela
02-10-2010, 08:09 PM

If he did it with Yogi's players I would eat my own leg!!!!!!

stokesmessiah
02-10-2010, 08:16 PM
If he did it with Yogi's players I would eat my own leg!!!!!!

Do you really think the players we have in our squad are that bad??

The_Todd
02-10-2010, 08:18 PM

How come "Saint" Mowbray couldn't do it then if it was his team?

Spike Mandela
02-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Do you really think the players we have in our squad are that bad??

I think many are overrated. Many on here subscribe to the idea that we have the 3rd best squad outside the OF. I don't.

DH1875
02-10-2010, 08:23 PM
So far not one person saying "no" to Calderwood has actuaally bothered to expand on their objections, apart from one use of the word "hun".

Does anyone actually have any real objections, or is his Hunnic past really all there is?

**** me, why not go the full board and bring in Mo Johnstone :rotflmao:. Herd he's looking for a job.
I've no probs having a HUN in charge. I just don't want that one. I will even throw you a hun name, Stuart McCall.

And he also persuaded Petrie to bid £900k for Naismith.

Away and play with your self. Rod would have had a heart attack if that bid was accepted. We bid 900k, the Huns bid 2 million. Was never going to happen.

The_Todd
02-10-2010, 08:25 PM
**** me, why not go the full board and bring in Mo Johnstone :rotflmao:. Herd he's looking for a job.
I've no probs having a HUN in charge. I just don't want that one. I will even throw you a hun name, Stuart McCall.

Again, no reason given. Why is everyone who is so anti-Calderwood so shy in giving their reasons why?

Carheenlea
02-10-2010, 08:25 PM
I think many are overrated. Many on here subscribe to the idea that we have the 3rd best squad outside the OF. I don't.

Perhaps not, but our squad is far from the worst in this league, and should without any doubt be nearer to 3rd than bottom.

stokesmessiah
02-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Perhaps not, but our squad is far from the worst in this league, and should without any doubt be nearer to 3rd than bottom.

I am with you on this one, maybe not 3rd best but certainly far more capable than our current league position would suggest.

I have said it over and over though we are not organised....people on here (maybe they are the football ppl that Yogi refers to) have said they see what it is he is doing....but i dont. It all seems quite confusing and i think that it showing in the way we play....how many times do you see people looking confused and getting angry with one another?

gazmac
02-10-2010, 08:47 PM
**** off!!! He is ****ing hopeless!!!!
I will handing my season ticket back.
Why is it always a scottish league merrygoround?
can nobody think out of the box!!!
Jimmy calderwood what a ****ing joke!!!!:grr::grr::grr:

IberianHibernian
02-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Don`t want to see Calderwood anywhere near Hibs now or ever . After bad pre summer results , I`d imagine Petrie had started looking around for a new manager and just hope he didn`t come to any arrangement with Calderwood ( bit surprising he`s not in work at present ) . Not convinced a managerial change will mean a better season ( might mean a couple of good results and little else except compensation payments ) since squad is so poor and we are just one of 10 mediocre teams in SPL .

Kaiser1962
02-10-2010, 09:07 PM
I play with myself regularly thank you DH. The 900k bid was 150k above the Huns inital offer and close to the £mil that Killie wanted. .Dont think it was ever a goer but JC (not the orange one) tried really hard to make it happen but he was eventually dissapointed when it became clear that Naismith wanted to join his mate Boyd at the Hun. Think he eventually went for about £1.6m which would have caused Rod's eyes to bleed. As an aside the bid was made because of percieved potential sell on value for Naismith but it's not really worked out for him has it. Imagine the pelters on here if we'de actually signed him, although it looked like a good "investment" at the time.

Away and play with your self. Rod would have had a heart attack if that bid was accepted. We bid 900k, the Huns bid 2 million. Was never going to happen.

Steve-O
02-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Jeemy Kalderwood would be the new Blobby Williamson IMO.

No from me.

Alfred E Newman
02-10-2010, 09:56 PM
Whoever the next manager is he has some job on his hands sorting out the mess that this big galoot has created.
I don`t envy them their task but Petrie and co had better get this one right or we are a goner.

BWhiteman1972
02-10-2010, 10:02 PM

If we are now in the position we think Jimmy "Tangoman" Calderwood would be a good signing as manager then Hughes should be long gone!!

Isn't it about time that Petrie used cash and went for a "respectable" manager. There are several out there right now with no jobs. Spend £500k over 3 years on a decent manager. If need be sell a player in January to cover the cost.

There is a descent core of players there, some one with talent could actually accomplish something with them.

And please... no more ex players!!!

SurferRosa
02-10-2010, 10:04 PM

Good point. If that`s what is behind the emphatic rejections of Calderwood then that is frankly, ****in pathetic. Argue a case for or against but at least have some sort of reasoned point of view. Sayin no because of a bad tan or because he`s a hun fan is ****in sad.

The_Todd
02-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Good point. If that`s what is behind the emphatic rejections of Calderwood then that is frankly, ****in pathetic. Argue a case for or against but at least have some sort of reasoned point of view. Sayin no because of a bad tan or because he`s a hun fan is ****in sad.

Thank you. I was beginning to think I was the only one thinking this way!

ian cruise
02-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Calderwood spent a fair wad of cash on wages when he was at aberdeen that was the main reason he got the bullet, yes its unrealistic to expect a non old firm team to win the league but i think the fans and board felt they werernt getting value for money and calderwood was expecting similar budgets to what he had previous seasons that the board just couldnt justify spending. It was the same with his short time at killie.

I dont think he'd get the budgets he'd want if he did come here and then we'd start hearing the same excuses he gave out at previous clubs.

its a no from me

NOLA
02-10-2010, 10:27 PM
appointing calderwood as te manager till the end of the season would do for me, a manager doesnt have to have the punters blessing as long as he steadies the team, motivates them in a different manner and gets us up the table, id rather we brought in Derek Adams, but thats for another thread.

Skanko79
02-10-2010, 10:29 PM
Calderwood would be like going from bad to worse. I would seriously consider chucking my season ticket in the bin if Hibs replaced Hughes with him. Plus he would bring that muppet Jimmy Nichol with him. Tango and Sash can stay well clear of this club thank you very much.

nic81
02-10-2010, 10:38 PM
More to the point who would want the job??? Lets face it we are never going to get a big name so realistically whos out there that could actually do a decent job??? I would have liked to have seen McInnes but theres no way Rod would pay compo for him after just signing an extension:rolleyes:

ian cruise
02-10-2010, 10:43 PM
alot of people keep saying they wouldnt walk calderwood to bring nicholl with him but isnt he manager of cowdenbeath? id imagine if calderwood did come he wouldnt be coming along as well. clark on the other hand..........

erin go bragh
02-10-2010, 10:46 PM
Huns don't work at Hibs.So forget it!
thats right eh but did the last hun no win us a trophy:confused:

Hank Schrader
02-10-2010, 11:21 PM

No, he didn't

RickyS
02-10-2010, 11:35 PM
More to the point who would want the job??? Lets face it we are never going to get a big name so realistically whos out there that could actually do a decent job??? I would have liked to have seen McInnes but theres no way Rod would pay compo for him after just signing an extension:rolleyes:

the Hibs job will always be a popular job when its available, and given how often clubs change manager there will always be good candidates, there are a few decent guys who are unemployed, guys like Colin Todd, Gareth Southgate:wink:, Paulo Sosa, Graeme Souness, Lawrie Sanchez, Glen Roeder, Alan Paredew, Gary Megson, Stuart McCall, Jim Magilton, Colin Lee, Paul Jewell, Paul Ince, Paul Hart, Ian Dowie, Alan Curbishley, Chris Coleman, Phil Brown, Kevin Blackwell, and thats just those from the LMA website. I think there are a fair few who would take the salary on offer at ER even if it was just a year.

nic81
02-10-2010, 11:38 PM
the Hibs job will always be a popular job when its available, and given how often clubs change manager there will always be good candidates, there are a few decent guys who are unemployed, guys like Colin Todd, Gareth Southgate:wink:, Paulo Sosa, Graeme Souness, Lawrie Sanchez, Glen Roeder, Alan Paredew, Gary Megson, Stuart McCall, Jim Magilton, Colin Lee, Paul Jewell, Paul Ince, Paul Hart, Ian Dowie, Alan Curbishley, Chris Coleman, Phil Brown, Kevin Blackwell, and thats just those from the LMA website. I think there are a fair few who would take the salary on offer at ER even if it was just a year.

But thats the thing there is no way the board would shell out the wages these kind of guys would be looking for even for a year:rolleyes::rolleyes: and if they did we would be in the same position a year down the line when they left

silverhibee
02-10-2010, 11:45 PM

I would really hope so, or Rod would be following yogi in this :taxi

RickyS
02-10-2010, 11:47 PM
But thats the thing there is no way the board would shell out the wages these kind of guys would be looking for even for a year:rolleyes::rolleyes: and if they did we would be in the same position a year down the line when they left

only if they picked the wrong guy, these guys are earning zero at the moment tho so surely its better to get the (guessing) 100-150k a year at ER than **** all?

nic81
02-10-2010, 11:49 PM
[/B]

only if they picked the wrong guy, these guys are earning zero at the moment tho so surely its better to get the (guessing) 100-150k a year at ER than **** all?

The point about them leaving is the fact that any one of those names would expect to be paid more than that and is the board honestley going to keep them on after a year no danger, they wont shell out for decent players now never mind pay those kinds of wages

nic81
02-10-2010, 11:51 PM
[/B]

i get what your saying about earning rather than not but i honestly think rod wouldnt entertain the idea of paying someone that much on a two or three year contract!! That would not be good for the books!!

RickyS
03-10-2010, 12:02 AM
i get what your saying about earning rather than not but i honestly think rod wouldnt entertain the idea of paying someone that much on a two or three year contract!! That would not be good for the books!!

maybe we should consider what motherwell do and not give the manager a contract

NOLA
03-10-2010, 12:22 AM

no, williamson lost against livi remember, your thinking of lexo miller:cool2:

Springbank
03-10-2010, 12:45 AM
To the OP

NOOOOO
no
no
no
no
nooooooooo

Please go ask ANY Aberdeen fan (and I mean ANY!! Aberdeen fan) what they thought of Calderwood.

Many Dons fans would tell you of the significant body parts they would have traded just to be shot of Jimmy and Jimmy a year before they eventually left.

Calderwood needs to be AS FAR AWAY from ER as humanly possible.

So, it's a no from me.

Removed
03-10-2010, 12:58 AM
To the OP

NOOOOO
no
no
no
no
nooooooooo

Please go ask ANY Aberdeen fan (and I mean ANY!! Aberdeen fan) what they thought of Calderwood.

Many Dons fans would tell you of the significant body parts they would have traded just to be shot of Jimmy and Jimmy a year before they eventually left.

Calderwood needs to be AS FAR AWAY from ER as humanly possible.

So, it's a no from me.

Go and ask any Aberdeen fan if in hindsight they'd rather have McGhoo or Tangoman. I have a fair idea who they would say.

Marinello, what's the script up in sheepland?

Leith Green
03-10-2010, 01:03 AM
Last thing we need is another Alex millar or Blobby williamson, as soon as things go tits up its the same weedgie hun abuse, we need someone without a hibs history and certainly not a proper hun... it just does not work...

Leith Green
03-10-2010, 01:04 AM
maybe we should consider what motherwell do and not give the manager a contract

Or appoint a proper football manager?

Removed
03-10-2010, 01:08 AM
Last thing we need is another Alex millar or Blobby williamson, as soon as things go tits up its the same weedgie hun abuse, we need someone without a hibs history and certainly not a proper hun... it just does not work...

So nobody with any Hibs, Hun or Yam history or from west of Newbridge.

If they got the results who'd actually care :confused:

Ozyhibby
03-10-2010, 01:34 AM
Just got in. didn't think this would go to 4 pages. Read them all and have not seen one decent objection other than he is a Hun/tangoman/fat etc. If that's all we can offer then we are no better than the Yams.

brydekirk
03-10-2010, 02:37 AM
more of the same if we get tango man i say lets be adventurous and get paul lambert his wife and kids are still up here and she wants him to come home:agree:

:agree:

Steve-O
03-10-2010, 03:55 AM
Just got in. didn't think this would go to 4 pages. Read them all and have not seen one decent objection other than he is a Hun/tangoman/fat etc. If that's all we can offer then we are no better than the Yams.

Go ask some Aberdeen fans who never really appeared to take to him and wanted him out.

weecounty hibby
03-10-2010, 06:33 AM

He sets up his teams to play dull negative football, when that doesn't work he then sticks 5/6 up front and lumps the ball forward. He has NO tacticts, sound familiar? He cost Aberdeen a fortune in player wages which has left them in the state they are in now.
If/when Yogi goes we must bring someone in who will bring back the 2-3000 that will have stop going during his reign. That wont happen with Calderwood, even when doing Ok with Aberdeen their crowds were poor.
He is one of these guys who is the darling of the press but has no real substance to him. Guys like Chick Young fawn all over him but why. Look at his time at Killie. That is what you would get at Hibs. The Aberdeen time was telling that, I think without any research, that they had started to slide from their 3rd place and eventually finishing 6th in his last season.
Calderwood NO THANKS!!!!

And why oh why do the SPL clubs have this merry go round thing going on that one crap manager gets replaced with another?

PaulSmith
03-10-2010, 08:38 AM
Kevin Keegan, Eric Black, Stevie Clarke, Jim Smith (ex Derby bald eagle), Bruce Rioch, Jan Wouters, Arthur Numan, Paul Jewell, Alan Curbishley, Phil Brown, Alan Pardew, Steve Staunton

There's out there but depends on if the Board or Directors A) Don't believe in Hughes and B) If they are prepared to pay

WWFTWTG
03-10-2010, 09:26 AM
Calderwood NO

Terry Butcher would be a good choice.

easty
03-10-2010, 10:15 AM
He sets up his teams to play dull negative football, when that doesn't work he then sticks 5/6 up front and lumps the ball forward. He has NO tacticts, sound familiar? He cost Aberdeen a fortune in player wages which has left them in the state they are in now.

Calderwood NO THANKS!!!!

And why oh why do the SPL clubs have this merry go round thing going on that one crap manager gets replaced with another?

I agree with all that, you get folk moaning that Yogi makes nae tactical subs/changes....but is it better to have Calderwood in charge and his tactical masterplan when things arent going well...throw 6 up front, cross your fingers and hope for the best.

cad
03-10-2010, 11:37 AM
Calderwood NO

Terry Butcher would be a good choice.

Its bad enough having Calderwood linked to possibly be our next manager ,
but Terry Butcher ,Billy Reid , Mcinnes , Craig Brewster , christ what sort of ambition do some Hibs supporters have.
We have everything a top coach requires ,it costs pure and simply ,hes going to have to start from scratch and I mean scratch develop the youth duck and dive a bit in the transfer market .
Our teams full of has beens ,who just go through the motions , with a bit of youth thrown in, there's no guts in our team ,there's no leader ,there's this mantra that Yogi keeps banging on about professionalism and how we go about our business ,well from where Im sitting in the new East Stand all for £405 there aint much professionalism on display every week .
Jimmy Calderwood , Tel Butcher your choice and all the rest Ive listed couldnae sort Hibs out with 3 wishes ,we need a Pro and that costs the other side of the coin is hes going to have to ditch I would think the best part of 10 ,15 players and that costs so to sort all this out it costs and a few years .
We will see Hibernian Football Clubs ambition with our next appointment ,time to pay the piper Rod ,someone says the new stand could be a white elephant that all depends on Rods next call and TBH thats the worrying thing .

The_Todd
03-10-2010, 12:04 PM
If/when Yogi goes we must bring someone in who will bring back the 2-3000 that will have stop going during his reign. That wont happen with Calderwood, even when doing Ok with Aberdeen their crowds were poor.
He is one of these guys who is the darling of the press but has no real substance to him. Guys like Chick Young fawn all over him but why. Look at his time at Killie. That is what you would get at Hibs. The Aberdeen time was telling that, I think without any research, that they had started to slide from their 3rd place and eventually finishing 6th in his last season.
Calderwood NO THANKS!!!!

Thank you. At least you've come up with proper reasons as to why we shouldn't appoint Calderwood.

heretoday
03-10-2010, 12:21 PM

Jimmy Calderwood! I like a laugh as much as the next man but that's going too far.

weecounty hibby
03-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Thank you. At least you've come up with proper reasons as to why we shouldn't appoint Calderwood.
You're welcome. One other reason. He's a Hun!!:greengrin