PDA

View Full Version : Do we have the players required to compete?

Spike Mandela
02-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Come in agent Yogi, job complete!!! Hibs are now Falkirk:bitchy:

Joking aside do we really have the players that another manager can turn around?

This is the weakest Hibs midfield I can remember in a long time. Outfought, outpassed and outplayed week after week. Miller and McBride largely ineffective in majority of games. De Graaf floundering to gel in the team and Wotherspoon suffering second season syndrome. Rest appear to be journeymen

Add to this a bungling defence and a forward line with only one real goal threat in it and surely any manager has his work cut out.

You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear.

Keith_M
02-10-2010, 04:08 PM
True, and these are players largely signed by...

...ehm, give me a minute, it'll come to me.

James.
02-10-2010, 04:11 PM

Joking aside do we really have the players that another manager can turn around?

This is the weakest Hibs midfield I can remember in a long time. Outfought, outpassed and outplayed week after week. Miller and McBride largely ineffective in majority of games. De Graaf floundering to gel in the team and Wotherspoon suffering second season syndrome. Rest appear to be journeymen

Add to this a bungling defence and a forward line with only one real goal threat in it and surely any manager has his work cut out.

We've one of the biggest budgets outwith the Uglies and this is what Hughes has managed to assemble with it. :grr:

Westie1875
02-10-2010, 04:11 PM

IMO we do, Riordan, Miller, Bamba, Hanlon, Hart, Wotherspoon, Murray, Hogg, Brown, McBride & Galbraith are all decent standard spl players. We also have a few of the old U19s who are either shipped out on loan or being ignored - surely they should be given a chance.

The problem is that the players don't seem to understand the system they are playing and what their jobs are. It is the manager's fault, time for him to go. :taxi

Wull
02-10-2010, 04:12 PM
True, and these are players largely signed by...

...ehm, give me a minute, it'll come to me.

Ah wis gonna think of sumthin witty but you said it all:boo hoo:

Spike Mandela
02-10-2010, 04:18 PM
IMO we do, Riordan, Miller, Bamba, Hanlon, Hart, Wotherspoon, Murray, Hogg, Brown, McBride & Galbraith are all decent standard spl players. We also have a few of the old U19s who are either shipped out on loan or being ignored - surely they should be given a chance.

The problem is that the players don't seem to understand the system they are playing and what their jobs are. It is the manager's fault, time for him to go. :taxi

Yes the manager is culpable but a lot of the players in your list are living on previous reputations IMO. Miller, McBride, Murray, Hogg, Hart need to improve vastly to justify said reputations.

Kevvy1875
02-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Buck stops with the manager. His players, his responibility.

Hughes must go.