PDA

View Full Version : Budweiser 66

Pretty Boy
01-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Anyody tried this stuff?

Bought a 4 pack the other night just to try it and thought it was absolutely awful. Theres still 3 sitting in the fridge untouched as i had no urge to drink another one.

Whats everyone elses thoughts? Good? Bad? Indifferent?

Lofarl
01-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Whats the difference between that and normal Bud? Ironically I just cracked open a pint can of Bud. Normally dont drink the stuff but it was on offer.

Haymaker
01-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Its weaker and flatter than Bud. Absolutely honking.

Pretty Boy
01-10-2010, 08:10 PM
Whats the difference between that and normal Bud? Ironically I just cracked open a pint can of Bud. Normally dont drink the stuff but it was on offer.

It's a lower alcohol content, only 4% Volume i think. It's also 'lightly carbonated for a smoother taste', in other words flat.

It tasted to me like a beer tastes after its been left lying about for too long, loses it's fizz and starts to go stale.

JE89
01-10-2010, 09:17 PM
It is dreadful. Tastes like miller but worse and that is saying something

H18SScottW
01-10-2010, 10:05 PM
It's a lower alcohol content, only 4% Volume i think. It's also 'lightly carbonated for a smoother taste', in other words flat.

It tasted to me like a beer tastes after its been left lying about for too long, loses it's fizz and starts to go stale.

:agree:

All marketing pash!

Stella Artois 4 aswell. Utter rubbish compared to the classic original.

Saying that, as the exception to every rule, Becks Vier was decent enough but seems to be disappearing now.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-10-2010, 09:28 AM
Might as well bring back Top Deck Shandy! 4%, whats the point?

Ants
09-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Might as well bring back Top Deck Shandy! 4%, whats the point?

Best thirst quencher that Ive had.....

Houchy
10-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Absolutely rank stuff:agree: The wife bought me a 4 pack as it was on an "introductory price" at Tesco. Took me over a week to drink the 4.

Wouldn't touch the stuff again if you paid me.:bitchy:

Ritchie
11-10-2010, 11:53 AM
i bought a four pack on saturday in tesco as it was cheap.

to be honest it just tasted like normal bud to me.

lyonhibs
11-10-2010, 08:39 PM
I'd have thought the fact that it was a mainstream American lager might have given one a clue as to the probable taste characteristics as they are all, at best completely tasteless and characterless. :greengrin

I'd take issue with the Stella 4 being rank comment - quite like it myself.

Calvin
12-10-2010, 02:40 AM
I'd have thought the fact that it was a mainstream American lager might have given one a clue as to the probable taste characteristics as they are all, at best completely tasteless and characterless. :greengrin

I'd take issue with the Stella 4 being rank comment - quite like it myself.

American lagers are generally crap, Miller is reasonable but far from what I'd choose to drink.

I loathe Stella but had Stella 4 because it was the cheap lager in a club the other night and I thought it wasn't too bad.

DarrenSQH
12-10-2010, 06:32 AM
I like it, find it alot easier to drink than normal bud.

SON OF PADDY
12-10-2010, 07:46 AM
I like it, find it alot easier to drink than normal bud.

Same here mate :agree:

seanraff07
12-10-2010, 09:52 AM
I had a 4 pack at the weekend, it was ok. Nothing great though, i'd say normal Bud is better.

lyonhibs
13-10-2010, 09:02 PM
American lagers are generally crap, Miller is reasonable but far from what I'd choose to drink.

I loathe Stella but had Stella 4 because it was the cheap lager in a club the other night and I thought it wasn't too bad.

:agree::agree:

MGD, nice and cold, in bottles, in the (preferably Californian from personal experience) sunshine is a nice bottled beer that I can drink an near-industrial quantity of and escape relatively scot-free.

I had 6 pints of gassy Stella in a relatively short space of time one night in 1st year and the results were so horrific that I've barely touched the stuff since.