PDA

View Full Version : Cregg signs for St Mirren

H18sry
01-10-2010, 02:45 PM
untill January :wink:

Sir David Gray
01-10-2010, 03:33 PM
It didn't really work out for him with us but I think he'll prove to be a good signing for a club like St Mirren.

Gatecrasher
01-10-2010, 03:55 PM
never got much of a chance at ER, good luck to him :agree:

Littlest Hobo
01-10-2010, 04:02 PM
No any better or worse than some in our squad at the moment. Good luck to the boy.:bye:

Kaiser1962
01-10-2010, 07:13 PM
I liked Paddy Cregg and if McBride hadnt been playing so well initially he would have got a lot more games. Good luck to him only not against us.

Dashing Bob S
01-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Never given his chance, and on the ocassion he was, he certainly wasn't any worse than some of the dross we still currently have on the books.

Good luck PC - go mad!

Get the strange feeling this guy could still make it.

Pretty Boy
01-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Best of luck to him.

Never got a lot of game time at Hibs and might have felt a bit bitter about it but he never once badmouthed us in the press.

Hope he does well (except against us obviously).

Sergey
01-10-2010, 07:42 PM
Never given his chance, and on the ocassion he was, he certainly wasn't any worse than some of the dross we still currently have on the books.

Good luck PC - go mad!

It's not too often that I agree with you, Bob, but I have a feeling that Cregg might just prove his doubters wrong.

It may just be my medication that's clouding my judgement, though.

BryanV
01-10-2010, 07:59 PM
I thought last season he could provide the 'bite' lacking in our midfield but even when McBride was injured he didn't seem to feature, he played a bit more in the second half of the season but never really convinced.

Albion Hibs
01-10-2010, 08:26 PM

Good luck PC - go mad!

Supporter?

Best of luck to him.

Never got a lot of game time at Hibs and might have felt a bit bitter about it but he never once badmouthed us in the press.

Hope he does well (except against us obviously).

What did he say in the press?

Pretty Boy
01-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Supporter?

What did he say in the press?

Nothing.

Which was my point. Given the lack of games he got at Hibs he would have been quite entitled to have a moan at the management etc but as far as i'm aware he didn't.

Toaods
01-10-2010, 08:40 PM
didn't disgrace himself when on our books but no danger he will 'make it', his careers sliding by the season. See him doing a decent job for St Mirren when it comes to noising up our midfied though.

Riordans Boots
01-10-2010, 09:28 PM

Good luck PC - go mad!

I think he will make it DBS - he wasn't given the real go at Hibs :boo hoo:

Good Luck to you Paddy Cregg :agree:

Ed De Gramo
01-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Good luck to Paddy Cregg

Really hoped he get a new deal at ER....:boo hoo:

Has St Mirren got enough ex-Hibees?

Greentinted
01-10-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm in the pro Paddy camp. Liked his tenacity and enthusiasm. Perhaps just a case of wrong time for him with us, but given a bit of luck and an extended run I reckon he could have been one of our better acquisitions in the longer term.

Chuckie
02-10-2010, 08:01 AM
didn't disgrace himself when on our books but no danger he will 'make it', his careers sliding by the season. See him doing a decent job for St Mirren when it comes to noising up our midfied though.

It's not often I disagree with you, and I won't here.

Cregg had his only shot at the big time with us, and didn't take it.

St Mirren now, then rapid decline.

He'll end up at Hearts.

Houchy
02-10-2010, 08:50 AM
Good luck to Paddy Cregg

Really hoped he get a new deal at ER....:boo hoo:

Has St Mirren got enough ex-Hibees?

Maybe Yogi's planning on doing the opposite of what he done with us...

Sending our players over there before he gets launched at ER and taking up the managerial position at St Mirren.:greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Cregg's time at ER was kinda strange. Only got a one year deal, from a manager that new his game inside out, so that did not exactly inspire. Seemed to be almost a carbon copy of Kevin McBride, but when KM was out and Cregg should have been a straigt swap in, but it didn't happen. While I wish him all the best, I can't help but note that the only top flight side to give a deal to this free agent, are the bottom of the pack.