PDA

View Full Version : Leicester Sack Their Manager

Mikey
01-10-2010, 10:08 AM
1 win in 9 games this season, bottom of the league with 5 points.

Hibs have played 9 games this season. 3 cup losses and 5 points from the league..........

iwasthere1972
01-10-2010, 10:10 AM

Hibs have played 9 games this season. 3 cup losses and 5 points from the league..........

Was it because of his accent or was it the hairstyle that did it?

H18sry
01-10-2010, 10:10 AM
Martin O'neil going back there then :wink:

Moulin Yarns
01-10-2010, 10:12 AM

Hello caller, what is your point? :greengrin

They have beaten Macclesfield, Leeds and Portsmouth in the Carling Cup, and beaten Cardiff in the league. 4 wins this season!!!

Part/Time Supporter
01-10-2010, 10:24 AM
Maybe not a model club, given that they've gone through nearly 10 managers in three years.

Stevie Reid
01-10-2010, 10:40 AM
Will have proved a very costly appointment, all in, I'm sure.

in-me-pocket
01-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Maybe not a model club, given that they've gone through nearly 10 managers in three years.

nearly 10 ? How many's that then ? 8, 9 how many ?

Andy74
01-10-2010, 11:31 AM

It's up to each board to look at the overall state of the club, the long term outloook, the reasons for the form, lots of factor really, so we can't really link the two and suggest that the other is right or wrong in their own situation.

Part/Time Supporter
01-10-2010, 11:34 AM
nearly 10 ? How many's that then ? 8, 9 how many ?

Depends whether you count caretakers or not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Leicester_City_F.C._managers

Rob Kelly (Feb 06 - Apr 07)
Nigel Worthington (Apr 07 - May 07)
Martin Allen (May 07 - Aug 07)
caretaker team took one game
Gary Megson (Sep 07 - Oct 07)
Frank Burrows / Gerry Taggart (Oct 07 - Nov 07)
Ian Holloway (Nov 07 - May 08)
Nigel Pearson (Jun 08 - Jun 10)
Paolo Sousa (Jun 10 - today)
caretakers in now

Included in that lot are the current managers of Northern Ireland and Blackpool.

Lincoln Green
01-10-2010, 11:36 AM
The sacking of Sousa is not really a surprise down here. The guy was never really given much of a chance. For some reason the locals feel they deserve better and were looking for a higher profile appointment.

Like Hibs there is high expectations from the fans for the team and they seem to expect instant success. This has only been made worse by the fact that they did so well in league one last year. Although I think most sensible locals didnt expect to jump straight up to the EPL neither did they expect to go straight back down.

There are some similarities with Hibs currently but in general I would still say we are a much better run club than Leicester. They nearly went bust building the Walkers and things have never been right since. I know a couple of the youth coaches down here and they dont rate job security highly.

I dont think Leicester can afford to drop down to league one again and as a result they acted quickly. Any new manager regardless of status will be under the same pressure. I dont envy their task even in Hibs current position we are in better shape.

basehibby
01-10-2010, 12:27 PM

Not a particularly relevent comparison.

Leicester - played 9 in the league and already 10 points short of where they probably want to be (play offs)
Hibs - played 6 in the league and currently 3 points short of where we want to be (Europe)

Even if Lecester have not let the grass grow under their feet, arguably not giving Sousa a fair crack at the whip, they have still shown a lot more patience than many of the posters on here this season.

Tricla
01-10-2010, 12:30 PM
Not a particularly relevent comparison.

Leicester - played 9 in the league and already 10 points short of where they probably want to be (play offs)
Hibs - played 6 in the league and currently 3 points short of where we want to be (Europe)

Even if Lecester have not let the grass grow under their feet, arguably not giving Sousa a fair crack at the whip, they have still shown a lot more patience than many of the posters on here this season.

Yup

jdships
01-10-2010, 01:14 PM
It's up to each board to look at the overall state of the club, the long term outloook, the reasons for the form, lots of factor really, so we can't really link the two and suggest that the other is right or wrong in their own situation.

:thumbsup::top marks

Leicester Fan
01-10-2010, 03:16 PM
A huge relief for me. He didn't seem to believe in fitness training, his signing were worse than what we'd already got. We were shipping goals like nobody's business and the players didn't want to play for him. He took a team that were penalty kicks away from a play off final last season to bottom of the table. In short he's been a disaster.With any luck our chairman p1ss off soon as well.

On the bright side we may be getting Sven.:dizzy:

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Ceefax was saying this morning that the game at the weekend was a must win for him to save his job.

HibbyAndy
01-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Scunthorpe 4/1 to beat them :hmmm:

heretoday
01-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Used to be a big club Leicester when I were't nipper. Stylish football in the early sixties.

That stopped with Jock Wallace.

iwasthere1972
01-10-2010, 04:31 PM
14 managers in 6 years. That takes some beating.

iwasthere1972
01-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Used to be a big club Leicester when I were't nipper. Stylish football in the early sixties.

Just spotted your avatar. Terry Hall and Lenny the Lion.

They opened the store (where Scotmid are) in Gracemount sometime about 1964 or 1965. I remember even though I was just a nipper at the time and saw them there.

Gala Foxes
01-10-2010, 05:14 PM
I was down at Burnley - Leicester in August. City lost 3 nil and had no shape & defending was poor throughout.

The hammering at Portsmouth last week was shambolic.

Sousa came across as a complete space cadet in after match interviews

Yet another shocking appointment by Milan Mandaric following in the footsteps of Martin Allan & Ian Holloway.

Martin O'Neill would be a dream replacement

As the grafitti on the Junction 21 Flyover on the M1 used to read -

LCFC WILL RETURN !

Albion Hibs
01-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Cant see O'Neill going to LC, he has just left a pretty big club in the EPL, think he will have desires on something else. Probably waiting to see how things go at Liverpool, if they dont pick up can see the manager going with O'Neill being a pretty good replacement.

Wotherspiniesta
01-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Ridiculous amount of time to give any manager. No matter how bad results are.

How many of the players did Suosa buy?

Albion Hibs
01-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Ridiculous amount of time to give any manager. No matter how bad results are.

Agreed, the only comfort I take is that maybe we are not the worst / the only fans like that!

Leicester Fan
01-10-2010, 06:24 PM

Jock replaced Frank McLintock who rivals Sousa as our worse ever manager. You won't find many Leicester fans with a bad word to say against Jock.

Tbf to Sousa most of us suspect our chairman made a lot of his signings. All of them except possibly Yuki Abe, our Jap international, have been extremely average players.

Love the Green
01-10-2010, 06:42 PM
A huge relief for me. He didn't seem to believe in fitness training, his signing were worse than what we'd already got. We were shipping goals like nobody's business and the players didn't want to play for him. He took a team that were penalty kicks away from a play off final last season to bottom of the table. In short he's been a disaster.With any luck our chairman p1ss off soon as well.

On the bright side we may be getting Sven.:dizzy:

Lock your woman up then:wink:

"keep the faith"

Leicester Fan
01-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Lock your woman up then:wink:

"keep the faith"

If he gets us promotion he can have a go on my missus.

Dashing Bob S
01-10-2010, 07:12 PM
A club that has been going backwards ever since they made the shambolic decision to part with Craig Levein.

When they look at the kind of success he's currently enjoying at international level, they must be hurting like hell.

hibbill2002
01-10-2010, 08:34 PM

They opened the store (where Scotmid are) in Gracemount sometime about 1964 or 1965. I remember even though I was just a nipper at the time and saw them there.

I was there too:notworthy: I was the ripe old age of about 8 at the time:thumbsup:

Gala Foxes
02-10-2010, 12:11 AM
Jock Wallace - A Total Legend

I met him in the dressing room after Leicester beat Newcastle 1-0 at Filbert St on 2/2/1980 to go top of old Division 2, a place they stayed til the end of the season and he was a true gent. He knew I was a Hi-bee but just thought it was great a Scot from Edinburgh had travelled to & was supporting Leicester City.

Bobby Smith scored the goal that day and also 2nd last day of the season when City were promoted after 2-1 home win against Charlton

Bobby Smith & Jock Wallace - good guys & LCFC & Scottish legends

We will never ever see his likes again - sadly

lightweight muppets like Levein Hughes Smith etc are not fit to lace his boots or jog up his sand dunes !!!

Gala Foxes
02-10-2010, 12:19 AM
thinking about it - where are the Hibs players nowadays with the commitment (maybe with the exclusion of Ian Murray) of Bobby Smith, George Stewart, Jackie Mac, Sloop J B & Erich Schaedler ?

Lightweight passing though money takers like Rankin are not fit to wear the same jersey

calamitus
02-10-2010, 12:33 AM

I always preferred him in The Specials, myself :greengrin

Skanko79
02-10-2010, 12:39 AM
Are they no after Sven as well. Or is it just Sven after the job?

Leicester Fan
02-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Are they no after Sven as well. Or is it just Sven after the job?

According to some of the papers he's signed.