PDA

View Full Version : Yogi losing his cool again

TheBall'sRound
30-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Anyone hear about Yogi falling out with another journo (Real Radio apparently) in the weekly press conference?

Tricla
30-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Anyone hear about Yogi falling out with another journo (Real Radio apparently) in the weekly press conference?

:yawn:

sahib
30-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Bit Ewen Cameron's ear clean off. Chewed it then spat it on to the ceiling and walked out allegedly.

Danderhall Hibs
30-09-2010, 12:38 PM

This weeks press conference or last weeks?

brog
30-09-2010, 12:38 PM

I think using journo & real radio in the same sentence is an oxymoron or maybe a RR moron! :wink:

blackpoolhibs
30-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Bit Ewen Cameron's ear clean off. Chewed it then spat it on to the ceiling and walked out allegedly.

Thats what i heard too, then he went to Bob Crampseys grave and danced all over it.

matty_f
30-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Hope it was for Cameron telling everyone that Yogi'd resigned, checking with Hibs only to be told that it was pish, then continuing to tell everyone he'd resigned.

HibeeB
30-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Stolen from another site;

http://twitter.com/markbenstead

# @GregMax1 it turned into the yes no game at one stage. V childish... but hey Ho, I'm here to ask questions not b liked! 25 minutes ago via TweetCaster in reply to GregMax1

# Just had ridiculous argument with hibs manager in weekly press conf.Apparently I was trying to lead him down a path he didn't want to go.hmm 34 minutes ago via TweetCaster

Cropley10
30-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Enough is enough. He has to go.

Jim44
30-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Why would anyone, who has any professional pride, lower himself into getting involved in a stooshy with idiots from Real Radio. Come to think of it, how come these amateurish idiots are allowed into the press conference in the first place? :bitchy:

TheBall'sRound
30-09-2010, 01:08 PM
Why would anyone, who has any professional pride, lower himself into getting involved in a stooshy with idiots from Real Radio. Come to think of it, how come these amateurish idiots are allowed into the press conference in the first place? :bitchy:

Hence the thread title...

I think Yogi is feeling the strain (understably so) as this has happened twice in the past couple of weeks whereas I don't remember it happening at all in the past, even when he was under pressure at Falkirk.

Surely all the journos can just reprint whatever he said in his first press conference at Hibs (and every week since)?? :devil:

WindyMiller
30-09-2010, 01:27 PM

Why would Hib's supporters jump on their manager based on a tweet by said 'idiots from Real Radio'?

bawheid
30-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Personally hope Yogi marches into Real Radio's offices, smashes up their entire music database, boots Ewen Cameron square in the baws shouting "Hibees ya bass" then goes and takes five off St Johnstone on Saturday.

Hibercelona
30-09-2010, 01:37 PM
Personally hope Yogi marches into Real Radio's offices, smashes up their entire music database, boots Ewen Cameron square in the baws shouting "Hibees ya bass" then goes and takes five off St Johnstone on Saturday.

:agree: :greengrin

In all seriousness though, I don't know why he doesn't just disallow them to interview him.

silverhibee
30-09-2010, 01:38 PM

Now that would be good, one wee get a result at St Johnstone, and Yogi is sacked for smashing up real radio office's. Win Win. :greengrin

Hibby D
30-09-2010, 01:44 PM
I think some of these so called journalists will know exactly what to ask Yogi that will get a reaction

givescotlandfreedom
30-09-2010, 01:58 PM
I heard the BBC interview and was cringing but anyone who gets stuck into the morons from the radio equivilent of the Sun must be doing something right.

Geo_1875
30-09-2010, 02:00 PM
It's not that they ask the "wrong" question, it's the fact that they persist withikt that gets on Yogi's tits and I can't blame him. If Sir Walter doesn't want to discuss a particular subject they simply tug their forelock and move on. Maybe Yogi should just do a Valdas Ivanauskas and give them the old "Question next."

wazoo1875
30-09-2010, 02:02 PM
I think some of these so called journalists will know exactly what to ask Yogi that will get a reaction

:agree: i think they see yogi as an easy target just now and some of them are trying to take the piss. They'll keep pushing him till we have another Jim McLean episode !

HibeeB

:greengrin Now that's something I'd pay to see :agree:

blackpoolhibs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG27qGTMXa4

Imagine Yogi had done this?

At The Edge
30-09-2010, 02:08 PM

Yogi if you're reading this and you decide to go on this journey to Real radio, can you kick Boggin Galloways baws as well..oh aye that numb nut that does the drive time show, hes rank as well.
Not that the above 2 have said anything about Hibs, just if you're going to be there anyway, 2 birds with one stone and all that.
:thumbsup:

BEEJ
30-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Yogi appears to need media / PR training - although it may already be too late.

Lesson One: However much you think they're your 'pals' in the good times, don't expect them to be when the going gets tough.

Hainan Hibs
30-09-2010, 02:17 PM
The most cringeworthy thing about it is the guy went greeting away on Twitter about it like some gossiping 14 year old lassie.

Tricla
30-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Sad thing is that if we were in the middle of a good run at the moment we'd all be saying things like, 'Gon Yogi son get it right up those journos', especially the weegie ones and especially the RR ones.

But some of us are actually berating Yogi for having an altercation with a weegie journo. :confused:

I don't care what Yogi says to the media I only care about his ability to manage the team.

Granted this ability is questionable just now but it will be interesting to see if people will care about his media misdemeanours if we do manage to turn things around.

Get it right up those parasites Yogi son.

Tricla
30-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Enough is enough. He has to go.

'Knee jerk' smilie please.

Craig_in_Prague
30-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Maybe he can send Rice to some interviews and get on with sorting his team out.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-09-2010, 02:58 PM
The most cringeworthy thing about it is the guy went greeting away on Twitter about it like some gossiping 14 year old lassie.

And lapped up by ????
We all know Cameron is a numpty yet some are giving him the oxygen of publicity by tuning in and quoting his ramblings
Tune out
Switch off
Drop out

persevere1875
30-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Its all part of the master plan

Yogi wants Hibs to be more like Man Utd
Fergie doesnt do interviews with the BBC
Yogi doesnt do interviews with Real Radio

Are you all Blind .......:wink:

H18sry
30-09-2010, 03:04 PM

Thats what journo's are paid to do, ask the questions to get the reactions, job done :agree:

.Sean.
30-09-2010, 03:42 PM
I hope Yogi booted the fanny square in the baws - Real Radio is a total joke of a station. Rank Radio would be more apt! :agree:

It's on in the van when i'm picked up and drove home by my boss. The 'banter' in the morning is cringeworthy to say the least and the dj's are a pair of idiots. Galloway is a total dobber with an inflated opinion of himself and the lassie is a screeching, unfunny, idiotic mess. The 'wind up' is garbage aswell.

As for that clown who does the hometime show? Dearie me, his patter is shocking :bitchy:

And as for that Hearts fanny Cameron?

The station is a pile of big steaming jobbies and the majority of music that gets played is nothing short of abysmal. Give me Absolute Radio anytime! :agree:

Baw Baggio
30-09-2010, 04:24 PM
I hope Yogi booted the fanny square in the baws - Real Radio is a total joke of a station. Rank Radio would be more apt! :agree:

It's on in the van when i'm picked up and drove home by my boss. The 'banter' in the morning is cringeworthy to say the least and the dj's are a pair of idiots. Galloway is a total dobber with an inflated opinion of himself and the lassie is a screeching, unfunny, idiotic mess. The 'wind up' is garbage aswell.

As for that clown who does the hometime show? Dearie me, his patter is shocking :bitchy:

And as for that Hearts fanny Cameron?

The station is a pile of big steaming jobbies and the majority of music that gets played is nothing short of abysmal. Give me Absolute Radio anytime! :agree:

A fanny with baws.......scary!

The_Todd
30-09-2010, 05:07 PM

Even more cringeworthy is some will side with said journo rather support thier own manager.

I judge Yogi purely on the football side, and for me he just isn't cutting it. But I'm not here to judge him on his media performances, or I'd be buying tickets for press conferences instead of matches.

matty_f
30-09-2010, 07:17 PM
So has anyone actually heard it then? What was the line of questioning the boy was taking?

emmjayfox
30-09-2010, 07:50 PM
So has anyone actually heard it then? What was the line of questioning the boy was taking?

yogi had mentioned a siege mentality and the reporter thought he said "sage" . the reporter then asked if he thought his thyme was up, yogi went ballistic , told him everything was mint until big nishy caught out bamba wi a cheeky wee nutmeg, theres no lovage lost between then though, yogi then proceeded to tell the ginger haired reporter to hop it.

clerriehibs
30-09-2010, 07:57 PM

real radio don't actually have journalists ... so the story's pash.

SRHibs
30-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Even more cringeworthy is some will side with said journo rather support thier own manager.

I judge Yogi purely on the football side, and for me he just isn't cutting it. But I'm not here to judge him on his media performances, or I'd be buying tickets for press conferences instead of matches.
It's all part and parcel of the job. I don't want him making a mockery of the club by acting like a child in the interviews. He should also learn to articulate himself properly before making any further media appearances.

clerriehibs
30-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Thats what journo's are paid to do, ask the questions to get the reactions, job done :agree:

Not really ... a journalist's job is to ask the questions that get the stories, not make them. The scrotes that get work on the likes of real radio aren't journalists.

Albion Hibs
30-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Hope it was for Cameron telling everyone that Yogi'd resigned, checking with Hibs only to be told that it was pish, then continuing to tell everyone he'd resigned.

Cameron is an absolute tool.

I bet the real rangers and celtic radio phone in did it because of some petty nonsense like being refused a comment or not being allowed to cover a story.

Wonder why little Ewan was not following JJ round the jambo student training centre.

(((Fergus)))
30-09-2010, 08:22 PM
yogi had mentioned a siege mentality and the reporter thought he said "sage" . the reporter then asked if he thought his thyme was up, yogi went ballistic , told him everything was mint until big nishy caught out bamba wi a cheeky wee nutmeg, theres no lovage lost between then though, yogi then proceeded to tell the ginger haired reporter to hop it.

:greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
30-09-2010, 08:35 PM

You mean you missed the bit when a message was left on Andrew sachs ansaphone? ;)

hibbymac
30-09-2010, 08:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG27qGTMXa4

Imagine Yogi had done this?

Or this!!

Cool interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwGWgItWw7s)

degenerated
30-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Or this!!

Cool interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwGWgItWw7s)

or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_kNwsui1JY

matty_f
30-09-2010, 08:59 PM

Very good!:thumbsup:

You mean you missed the bit when a message was left on Andrew sachs ansaphone? ;)

:top marks :greengrin

PaulSmith
30-09-2010, 09:16 PM
It's all part and parcel of the job. I don't want him making a mockery of the club by acting like a child in the interviews. He should also learn to articulate himself properly before making any further media appearances.

Learn to articulate himself, whether you like Hughes as a football manager or not the snobbish comments say more about the poster than Hughes himself.

SRHibs
30-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Learn to articulate himself, whether you like Hughes as a football manager or not the snobbish comments say more about the poster than Hughes himself.

Ok then. I couldn't give a **** what it says about me. Yogi is the main face of Hibernian FC so it would be nice if he at least made an effort to sound less mentally challenged.

I dislike him, his management style, his cringeworthy interviews, the way he articulates himself, and quite frankly pretty much everything about him apart from his football allegiance. At the moment he's doing absolutely nothing good for the club.

Removed
30-09-2010, 09:27 PM

Strange comment that. I can understand every word he says :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
30-09-2010, 09:29 PM

Same here B. Maybe it says more about the mental ability of those that can't understand him?

SRHibs
30-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Just because every word you utter can be understood, doesn't necessarily mean you're articulate...

Removed
30-09-2010, 09:36 PM
Just because every word you utter can be understood, doesn't necessarily mean you're articulate...

Especially if you don't like the man. Attack him for his tactics all you want but your posts are childish imo

SRHibs
30-09-2010, 09:39 PM
Especially if you don't like the man. Attack him for his tactics all you want but your posts are childish imo
Not really. I think it's understandable to want someone with class at the helm. I like how everyone was creaming when JC was in charge because of his 'style', but when it's negative comments it's childish all of a sudden.

Tricla
30-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Ok then. I couldn't give a **** what it says about me. Yogi is the main face of Hibernian FC so it would be nice if he at least made an effort to sound less mentally challenged.

I dislike him, his management style, his cringeworthy interviews, the way he articulates himself, and quite frankly pretty much everything about him apart from his football allegiance. At the moment he's doing absolutely nothing good for the club.

:troll:

Hibby D
30-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Not really. I think it's understandable to want someone with class at the helm. I like how everyone was creaming when JC was in charge because of his 'style', but when it's negative comments it's childish all of a sudden.

A bit of a sweeping generalisation there?

SRHibs
30-09-2010, 09:56 PM
:troll:
Yeah, when someone has an opinion that might be slightly controversial compared to the norm, it's obviously trolling.
Sorry, I'll stay on the straight and narrow from now on.

And ok D, that's true. A lot of people were though.

hibbymac
30-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Yeah, when someone has an opinion that might be slightly controversial compared to the norm, it's obviously trolling.

Should you be starting a sentence with the word "And"? :hmmm::offski:

SRHibs
30-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Should you be starting a sentence with the word "And"? :hmmm::offski:

Yes. :wink:

Removed
30-09-2010, 10:05 PM

What's class got to do with it? I want a manager that can put a decent team on the park, get them to play an attractive style of football and win more games than they lose. I couldn't care how he articulates himself if he can do that or whether he wears a flash suit and has a six pack. Problem is that takes more time than we tend to give our managers and then we resort to attacking his personality.

TheBall'sRound
30-09-2010, 10:07 PM
I couldn't give a toss about how Yogi says things - I think he plays on the jovial, blokey character he has set up for himself and he seems to have a decent rapport with the media.

But the content of some of his post matchers has been astonishing - and I know the retort is "what do you want him to say??" but really, he's either totally blind or totally stupid or taking the piss when he talks about heart and effort after "his lads" have hidden from the ball for the best part of 90 minutes.

He's a good lad but he is also an embarrassment at times and those times have become more frequent of late.

Tricla
30-09-2010, 10:13 PM

Thank you.

:wink:

SRHibs
30-09-2010, 10:17 PM
What's class got to do with it? I want a manager that can put a decent team on the park, get them to play an attractive style of football and win more games than they lose. I couldn't care how he articulates himself if he can do that or whether he wears a flash suit and has a six pack. Problem is that takes more time than we tend to give our managers and then we resort to attacking his personality.

Yeah, obviously the manager's ability is substantially more important than his class, but that still doesn't mean class shouldn't be a factor in deciding who to appoint. Yogi is not a good representative for the club. Guys like Mowbray, JC on the other hand were.
I don't like our club being a laughing stock, but with Yogi slavering his inane pish in the press every week that's exactly what we are.

Contradicting myself here, but I do agree with your last point. Obviously if we were sitting 2nd place, playing good football and Yogi was actually backing up his **** chat, then I'd obviously not be scrutinising him and moaning about petty stuff.

Tricla
30-09-2010, 10:17 PM

Precisely. Who gives a hoot about class.

As I've said earlier in the thread, I bet people like Purehibee wouldn't give a toss about Yogi's articulation if we were getting results.

People are just jumping on his back for everything now and I'm more bored of the tosh that gets posted on here than I ever could be of Yogi's interviews.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
30-09-2010, 10:18 PM
So.

60 replies, but does anyone actually know what was said? :confused:

And if so, can they enlighten me please.

Tricla
30-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Yeah, obviously the manager's ability is substantially more important than his class, but that still doesn't mean class shouldn't be a factor in deciding who to appoint. Yogi is not a good representative for the club. Guys like Mowbray, JC on the other hand were.
I don't like our club being a laughing stock, but with Yogi slavering his inane pish in the press every week that's exactly what we are.

Contradicting myself here, but I do agree with your last point. Obviously if we were sitting 2nd place, playing good football and Yogi was actually backing up his **** chat, then I'd obviously not be scrutinising him and moaning about petty stuff.

Aye and look what happened to these guys as soon as things started getting tough.

JC legged it from us and TM lost it with the media at Celtc.

Real classy. :bye:

Removed
30-09-2010, 10:21 PM

Serious question - apart from Hibs supporters on Hibs.net, who of any worth is portraying the club as a laughing stock?

Aye and Mowbray had class alright. So much class he joined in that huddle :bitchy:

Tricla
30-09-2010, 10:22 PM

Hit's the nail on the head for me.

Don't worry though, you're not alone.

LaMotta
30-09-2010, 10:24 PM

Collins made himself look foolish (and the club) in the infamous press conference when he was Tommy Craig's puppet.

Just because he spoke with an easy on the ear borders accent didn't mean he always represented the club well.

Riordans Boots
30-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Serious question - apart from Hibs supporters on Hibs.net, who of any worth is portraying the club as a laughing stock?

Aye and Mowbray had class alright. So much class he joined in that huddle :bitchy:

That's exactly where I lost it for TM as well :agree:

SRHibs
30-09-2010, 10:29 PM

Well, I don't frequent any other football forums outside of Hibs net, but generally anyone I speak to who has an interest in Scottish football tends to think Yogi is a clown.

matty_f
30-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Precisely. Who gives a hoot about class.

As I've said earlier in the thread, I bet people like Purehibee wouldn't give a toss about Yogi's articulation if we were getting results.

People are just jumping on his back for everything now and I'm more bored of the tosh that gets posted on here than I ever could be of Yogi's interviews.

:top marks

So.

60 replies, but does anyone actually know what was said? :confused:

And if so, can they enlighten me please.

Apparently not.

Tricla
30-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Well, I don't frequent any other football forums outside of Hibs net, but generally anyone I speak to who has an interest in Scottish football tends to think Yogi is a clown.

I've only heard Hibs 'fans' say this TBH.

SRHibs
30-09-2010, 10:33 PM
I've only heard Hibs 'fans' say this TBH.

Questioning my allegiance to Hibs because I say that Yogi makes us look like a laughing stock?

Nice one.:rolleyes:

Removed
30-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Questioning my allegiance to Hibs because I say that Yogi makes us look like a laughing stock?

I don't think your allegiance was in question :confused:

I talk football at work with supporters from just about every other SPL and 1st Division club and never once have I heard one of them call Yogi a clown or him making our club look like a laughing stock because of his diction.

Tricla
30-09-2010, 10:39 PM

Settle down Beavis. I wasn't questioning your allegiance. I was just saying that I haven't heard anyone other than Hibs fans say nasty things about our manager.

IMO these people are not fans by definition. :worms:

If they were, they'd have the ability to be critical without being insulting.

SRHibs
30-09-2010, 10:40 PM

I talk football at work with supporters from just about every other SPL and 1st Division club and never once have I heard one of them call Yogi a clown or him making our club look like a laughing stock because of his diction.

Don't see any other reason for the inverted commas tbh.

Ok, well obviously your workmates are less pretentious than the people I associate with. It's not just his diction that comes into question, also the rubbish he talks about us wanting to play like numerous different teams, his repeated cliches etc.

Removed
30-09-2010, 10:45 PM

Ok, well obviously your workmates are less pretentious than the people I associate with. It's not just his diction that comes into question, also the rubbish he talks about us wanting to play like numerous different teams, his repeated cliches etc.

See the can of worms opened in previous post

Now if Yogi was saying "I want us to play like the yams" or some lower league teams then that would make him a clown but to say he wants the attitude of Man U or pass the ball like Barca, then I think that's called raising the bar. That's what managers and coaches are meant to do. I do it at my work.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
30-09-2010, 10:46 PM

I'll back this up. I've only ever heard Yogi held in high regard in respect of his work at Falkirk, and the start we had last season. Non-Hibbies in the office reckon he'll come good and applaud his attitude to the game.

I don't think I've encountered anyone who has had a go at his rough edges other than a few stale maroon types.

Tricla
30-09-2010, 10:48 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but am I not right in saying that so far Yogi has said he'd like us to be like Barca and Man U? Therefore that is two teams and not 'numerous' teams that he has mentioned. Therefore you are blowing things way out of proportion and over analysing things like a lot of others are.

Would you complain if we played like a Barca/Man U hybrid like?

SRHibs
30-09-2010, 10:48 PM
Yeah, it's all good and well saying that, but it obviously doesn't inspire the team to go out and better themselves. After each incidence of him making one of these daft comments, we've come out and displayed the same old ***** on the park.

Think it's a case of us having to learn to walk before we run.:wink:

EDIT: Also wanted us to play like the Dutchies Tricla.

Dashing Bob S
30-09-2010, 10:49 PM

Think you pretty much said it when you stated if he was performing you wouldn't be letting a trivial personal dislike of him as how you percieve him as an individual come into the equation.

We all have likes and dislikes of people, some rational, most not, though it's never an edifying spectacle to see them paraded, as they've little to do with football.

The club gets you in that way though. Collins went from a god to a posturing ponce in my perception and Mixu went from being one of my all time heroes to a a special effect from Lord of The Rings in his last days in the dug out.

While I don't think you should be parading personal prejudices, I also don't think others should be judging you as these are likely to be transitory and a result of the frustration you and many others feel at the current situation.

There. I've managed to patronize just about everyone on the board. My work here is done.

Tricla
30-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Think you pretty much said it when you stated if he was performing you wouldn't be letting a trivial personal dislike of him as how you percieve him as an individual come into the equation.

We all have likes and dislikes of people, some rational, most not, though it's never an edifying spectacle to see them paraded, as they've little to do with football.

The club gets you in that way though. Collins went from a god to a posturing ponce in my perception and Mixu went from being one of my all time heroes to a a special effect from Lord of The Rings in his last days in the dug out.

While I don't think you should be parading personal prejudices, I also don't think others should be judging you as these are likely to be transitory and a result of the frustration you and many others feel at the current situation.

There. I've managed to patronize just about everyone on the board. My work here is done.

Aye but if some of us supported the team instead of this, IMO, we'd be in a much better place.

Tricla
30-09-2010, 10:54 PM
Yeah, it's all good and well saying that, but it obviously doesn't inspire the team to go out and better themselves. After each incidence of him making one of these daft comments, we've come out and displayed the same old ***** on the park.

Think it's a case of us having to learn to walk before we run.:wink:

EDIT: Also wanted us to play like the Dutchies Tricla.

So a Barca/Man U/Holland hybrid then. That'll do me.

Still doesn't class as numerous though.

SRHibs
30-09-2010, 10:55 PM
Aye but if some of us supported the team instead of this, IMO, we'd be in a much better place.

Not everyone is 'glass half full'.:wink:

Removed
30-09-2010, 10:56 PM

:agree:

Anyone who wants to boo instead of support should go and sit in the South. Just playing into the hands of the opposition imo.

Tricla
30-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Not everyone is 'glass half full'.:wink:

Well they shouldn't support the Cabbage then as you need a 'half full glass' to get you through the hard times which have been many and will always be just around the corner.

Tricla
30-09-2010, 10:58 PM

Anyone who wants to boo instead of support should go and sit in the South. Just playing into the hands of the opposition imo.

Hibercelona
30-09-2010, 11:13 PM
What a stupid stupid debate. :bitchy:

Some people think Yogi's a clown, others don't. But no need for fellow Hibs fans to take digs at each other for differing opinions. It seems to be becoming the norm on here these days.

It seems that whenever the club drops in class, so does the fans.

Removed
30-09-2010, 11:22 PM
What a stupid stupid debate. :bitchy:

Some people think Yogi's a clown, others don't. But no need for fellow Hibs fans to take digs at each other for differing opinions. It seems to be becoming the norm on here these days.

It seems that whenever the club drops in class, so does the fans.

Which ones though?

And the debate isn't just about "is Yogi a clown or not", the more important question is "should he be the manager now, and if so how long is he given, or should he be emptied."

I would hazard a guess that those who think he is a clown all think he should be punted and those that are debating against slagging his manner, speech etc are probably split in both camps.

I think it's fairly healthy debate. I don't think this thread has go too personal. I agree with not taking digs at each other, just like I don't particularly like some of the digs on here aimed at our manager.

FitbaFolkKen
30-09-2010, 11:49 PM
I'm sorry but i'm with Purehibee on this one, we, and Scottish football have had to listen to the same interviews since Yogi took the hibs job.

Obviously he is a Leefer and has great affinity with the club, which of course i encourage. But i would consider a manager to be an expert in assessing situations and performance before adapting and making changes to improve results. Now i found him hard work at Falkirk but forget the fact that he sounds like an idiot at times. The interviews have been inconsistent and alienated the support, 95% of supporters, real fitba guys....etc... And that is without criticising accent, dialect etc...

I'm dissapointed with Yogi, results wise, but i honestly wasn't enthused by the appointment as I had taken an interest in his time at Falkirk and the same guff we are being plyed with now is what he was feeding them while they were sitting at the arse end of the quality league that is the SPL.

I genuinely hope the next maager is not an ex-hibee

matty_f
01-10-2010, 12:22 AM
I'm sorry but i'm with Purehibee on this one, we, and Scottish football have had to listen to the same interviews since Yogi took the hibs job.

Obviously he is a Leefer and has great affinity with the club, which of course i encourage. But i would consider a manager to be an expert in assessing situations and performance before adapting and making changes to improve results. Now i found him hard work at Falkirk but forget the fact that he sounds like an idiot at times. The interviews have been inconsistent and alienated the support, 95% of supporters, real fitba guys....etc... And that is without criticising accent, dialect etc...

I'm dissapointed with Yogi, results wise, but i honestly wasn't enthused by the appointment as I had taken an interest in his time at Falkirk and the same guff we are being plyed with now is what he was feeding them while they were sitting at the arse end of the quality league that is the SPL.

I genuinely hope the next maager is not an ex-hibee

The 95% of the support comment was Nish, but lets put the boot into Yogi for it anyway.:yawn:

FitbaFolkKen
01-10-2010, 01:09 AM
The 95% of the support comment was Nish, but lets put the boot into Yogi for it anyway.:yawn:

Excellent point, let's discredit the rest of the post because of one inaccurate quote as opposed to bothering your arse to address the points raised by myself and the rest of the thread.

Maybe if you were as picky with Yogi as you were with my post you might stumble across a couple of things that might lead you to agree with my point of view.

jae
01-10-2010, 02:50 AM

Stolen from another site;

http://twitter.com/markbenstead

# @GregMax1 it turned into the yes no game at one stage. V childish... but hey Ho, I'm here to ask questions not b liked! 25 minutes ago via TweetCaster in reply to GregMax1

# Just had ridiculous argument with hibs manager in weekly press conf.Apparently I was trying to lead him down a path he didn't want to go.hmm 34 minutes ago via TweetCaster

Back to OP Looks like it was Mark Benstead Yogi had go at and not Ewen Cameron. For the record I think Cameron is a **** Journalist though. Just my opinion like.

Lucius Apuleius
01-10-2010, 05:19 AM
Well blow me old sea boots. Four pages and we still don't know what he said.

Tricla
01-10-2010, 06:50 AM

That is because it is a total non story that has been completely blown out of proportion by the anti Yogi brigade just as every other misplaced word or punctuation mark has been.

Wee Hibee, as you are in agreement with Pure Hibee, I'd assume that if we were currently getting results you wouldn't really care about how Yogi is with the media?

I'm one of those who is dissapointed with Hibs just now and is dissapointed with Yogi as a manager as many of us are.

However, while he is still in charge I'll support him and the team in the hope that we can turn it around, rather than spending my time callously crossing his t's and dotting his i's.

Calvin
01-10-2010, 07:00 AM
That is because it is a total non story that has been completely blown out of proportion by the anti Yogi brigade just as every other misplaced word or punctuation mark has been.

Wee Hibee, as you are in agreement with Pure Hibee, I'd assume that if we were currently getting results you wouldn't really care about how Yogi is with the media?

I'm one of those who is dissapointed with Hibs just now and is dissapointed with Yogi as a manager as many of us are.

However, while he is still in charge I'll support him and the team in the hope that we can turn it around, rather than spending my time callously crossing his t's and dotting his i's.

A successful team is worth a manager cringeworthy in press conferences. An unsuccessful one is not.

marinello59
01-10-2010, 07:04 AM

Just make something up and throw in the fact that he uses a Leith accent. That seems to be enough to get him hung these days.

basehibby
01-10-2010, 07:14 AM
It's amazing that this thread - and other threads havering on about Yogi's interviews for that matter - go on for so very long. Football managers have been slavering cliched pish since time immemorial and I don't see that changing any time soon - regardless of Yogi's future at Hibs.

What matters to me is performances on the park and the resulting results - and I know these have often been somewhat lacking since about mid-February. As far as I'm concerned though, Yogi can communicate to with the media out of his erse with the aid of a slidey trombone as long as he picks up three points away against St Johnstone this saturday.

Tricla
01-10-2010, 07:21 AM
It's amazing that this thread - and other threads havering on about Yogi's interviews for that matter - go on for so very long. Football managers have been slavering cliched pish since time immemorial and I don't see that changing any time soon - regardless of Yogi's future at Hibs.

What matters to me is performances on the park and the resulting results - and I know these have often been somewhat lacking since about mid-February. As far as I'm concerned though, Yogi can communicate to with the media out of his erse with the aid of a slidey trombone as long as he picks up three points away against St Johnstone this saturday.

:agree: and :greengrin

Tricla
01-10-2010, 07:23 AM
A successful team is worth a manager cringeworthy in press conferences. An unsuccessful one is not.

It matters not a jot IMO.

hibbiedon
01-10-2010, 07:30 AM

:thumbsup::top marks:thumbsup::top marks:thumbsup::top marks

Betty Boop
01-10-2010, 08:16 AM
Ewen Cameron has been very complimentary about Yogi, any time I've listened to the show, especially when he was at Falkirk. They are quite pally I'm led to believe, as Cameron lives in Falkirk. :greengrin

Tricla
01-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Ewen Cameron has been very complimentary about Yogi, any time I've listened to the show, especially when he was at Falkirk. They are quite pally I'm led to believe, as Cameron lives in Falkirk. :greengrin

Surely not. According to some people everyone thinks that Yogi is a clown.

Hibby D
01-10-2010, 09:00 AM

That sums it all up for me! There's only so many ways to answer the same stupid questions posed week in and week out by reporters.

Short of saying "Aye, we were sh**, or "Ah thought the boys were fn superb the day" Yogi and all other managers have to think of new ways to reinvent the wheel or run the risk of being tarred as classless as well as clueless :bitchy:

lEXO
01-10-2010, 09:51 AM
I,m not Yogi,s biggest fan but 4 pages about an interview that nobody has heard, and people using it to have a pop at him.And as for how he talks, what the duck has that got to do with anything? Snobbery to the fore with some folk on here.It,s what he says that matters not the accent he says it in.

Golden Bear
01-10-2010, 10:14 AM
I,m not Yogi,s biggest fan but 4 pages about an interview that nobody has heard, and people using it to have a pop at him.And as for how he talks, what the duck has that got to do with anything? Snobbery to the fore with some folk on here.It,s what he says that matters not the accent he says it in.

I don't entirely agree.

It's what he actually says rather than the manner he says things. Yogi is clutching at straws with some of his recent comments and he knows it.

lEXO
01-10-2010, 10:24 AM
I don't entirely agree.

It's what he actually says rather than the manner he says things. Yogi is clutching at straws with some of his recent comments and he knows it.
As i said in my post it,s what he says not the accent he says it in.:confused:

Golden Bear
01-10-2010, 10:32 AM
As i said in my post it,s what he says not the accent he says it in.:confused:

He's been talking too much rubbish of late - regardless of his accent.

:cool2:

blackpoolhibs
01-10-2010, 10:41 AM
That sums it all up for me! There's only so many ways to answer the same stupid questions posed week in and week out by reporters.

Short of saying "Aye, we were sh**, or "Ah thought the boys were fn superb the day" Yogi and all other managers have to think of new ways to reinvent the wheel or run the risk of being tarred as classless as well as clueless :bitchy:

:top marks:agree:

johnrebus
01-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Sick and tired of Yogi's common as muck Leith accent and that Ned style of his.

Suggest we get in that Brian Sewell felly fae the BBC Arts Department as manager.

Assuming he's no deid likes.....,

Hibby D
01-10-2010, 11:55 AM
Sick and tired of Yogi's common as muck Leith accent and that Ned style of his.

Suggest we get in that Brian Sewell felly fae the BBC Arts Department as manager.

Assuming he's no deid likes.....,

Or for 30 quid

http://www.speakmoreclearly.com/britishaccent?gclid=CLPDtOPNsaQCFcH-2AodEDUx1A

proud_and_green
01-10-2010, 12:21 PM

No they are not. They are paid to report on the facts of the news not to create the news which is what too many of them seem to think they are about. Cheap and lazy journalism.

I am getting heartily sick of all this crap.

For the moment and until further notice Yogi is the Hibs manager and for as long as he is whether that is 10 days or 10 years, for what its worth, he gets my backing.

C'mon Hibees! Ooh to be......

proud_and_green
01-10-2010, 12:26 PM
I don't entirely agree.

I couldn't give two hoots what he says on the telly or radio. The fact is that not everyone is good at the press interview thing and for anyone who has been interviewed they will know that it is sometimes difficult to say what you mean to say. Add then that the press are actively trying to provoke him to his slight nervousness on the radio and you get unpredictable results recorded.

Doesn't count for anything on the pitch though. So non-story.

Get behind the team!

Phil MaGlass
01-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Have to say Im a bit fed up with this, I know its a journos job to get an answer but I think he is being hounded if not by us then by the journos/media, surely theres only so much he can take before he bops someone, mibbe thats what it takes,we all know he is trying to make something of the team but the results speak volumes. Im actually getting behind him for saturday regardless of my feelings towards him as a manager .
I do think we should get behind him and the team tomorrow.100%. vocal support wether we are ahead or not, a UNITED FRONT is whats called for this weekend.
Mibbe its just me but I REALLY think we can turn it around on saturday:thumbsup:
Bu99er the journos bu99er the media.
:take thatGERINTAETHUM:take that

And I have just booked my flights for the derby,yahoooo

Disc O'Dave
01-10-2010, 12:39 PM
No they are not. They are paid to report on the facts of the news not to create the news which is what too many of them seem to think they are about. Cheap and lazy journalism.

I am getting heartily sick of all this crap.

For the moment and until further notice Yogi is the Hibs manager and for as long as he is whether that is 10 days or 10 years, for what its worth, he gets my backing.

C'mon Hibees! Ooh to be......

Exactly, and in my mind, the sooner we stop referring to people employed on the sports desks of Real Radio, and the Red Tops as "journalists" the better.

People who are working in war zones trying to get the truth of the situation out to the wider world must really resent being classed in the same profession as Chick Young.

The Scottish sports press are just gossip merchants. Can you imagine if Ewen Cameron had been in the Watergate Hotel..."I wonder what's going on in there....oh, no Old Firm angle, not worth bothering about". I'll just make up lies about Yogi leaving instead, and broadcast it as fact.

Twat.

Rant over.

Stevie Reid
01-10-2010, 12:56 PM
Football interviews anger me no end, these so called journalists are paid a considerable amount of money to ask blatantly rhetorical questions before (sometimes during these days) and after matches: -

"So do you think you can get a result today?"

"This match isn't over is it?"

"Are you happy with the win?"

"Are you the man to turn things around?"

Very rarely does any match reporter ask any probing questions, and the only time you get something worth watching/listening to is when a manager loses his cool over a controversial decision that cost his team the game, and lets some genuine emotions show through - though most are to restrained to even do that these days.

The thing with Real Radio, Radio Scotland etc have is that the vast majority of their listeners are OF supporters, so whilst these listeners will happily listen to Chick Young butter up Walter Smith for ten minutes, the only way to get non Hibs supporters to listen to an interview with Yogi is to attempt to push his buttons to the extent that he runs out of patience and loses his cool.

In the space of a year (according to many on here) Yogi's interviews have gone from a commanding figure delivering inspirational speeches, to the ramblings of an uneducated neanderthal. One thing's for sure - you won't get any genuine insight into anything going on at ER from Yogi's daily interviews, only an indication of how stressed he is at that given point.

As such, I no longer listen to them anymore - it's only what happens on the park that matters, and I desperately hope that Yogi and the players can turn things around very quickly.

Mon the Cabbage.

Stonewall
01-10-2010, 01:13 PM
I think there's too little news and too many column inches and radio/ TV programmes to fill. Desperate 'journalists' try to manufacture stories by whatever means they can and let's face it, at times they make it up.

It's not good or bad it's just dull and I've stopped listening/ reading.

greenlex
01-10-2010, 02:57 PM
**** me is this still going.

killie-hibby
01-10-2010, 05:19 PM
The majority of Scottish based football "journalists" are lazy,ignorant,ill prepared and display ambivelance when reporting on non old firm clubs. More often than not the interviewee is asked his opinion on old firm matters. In the past year the only person I have heard declining to answer is John Hughes. Well done to him. Conversely the sycophantic attitude towards whoever is the current RanTic manager is nauseating. Those so called "journalists" are a disgrace to their profession in that they try to gain favour and never make a challenging question. In recent years Graham Speirs did ask real questions of the Rangers hierarchy,he then challenged their answers, resulting in an immediate ban from Ibrox and speaking to their staff. I now switch off when Smith or Lennon are "interviewed" on the STV or BBC 6pm/6.30pm news. What they are asked and their monotone response is so predictable.
Whatever you think of John Hughes I appreciate he is genuine and responds passionately to questions.
Chick Young et al are schizoid in personality,acting as rotten journalists when not acting as rotten comedians. He and his peers are so inadequate the British/English media never use them.
Sorry for the rant,but it is related to this thread.

Betty Boop
01-10-2010, 05:33 PM
The majority of Scottish based football "journalists" are lazy,ignorant,ill prepared and display ambivelance when reporting on non old firm clubs. More often than not the interviewee is asked his opinion on old firm matters. In the past year the only person I have heard declining to answer is John Hughes. Well done to him. Conversely the sycophantic attitude towards whoever is the current RanTic manager is nauseating. Those so called "journalists" are a disgrace to their profession in that they try to gain favour and never make a challenging question. In recent years Graham Speirs did ask real questions of the Rangers hierarchy,he then challenged their answers, resulting in an immediate ban from Ibrox and speaking to their staff. I now switch off when Smith or Lennon are "interviewed" on the STV or BBC 6pm/6.30pm news. What they are asked and their monotone response is so predictable.
Whatever you think of John Hughes I appreciate he is genuine and responds passionately to questions.
Chick Young et al are schizoid in personality,acting as rotten journalists when not acting as rotten comedians. He and his peers are so inadequate the British/English media never use them.

The English media use Roddy Forsyth, I've heard him quite a lot on Five Live.

EasterRoad4Ever
01-10-2010, 05:40 PM

But have we ever heard Hughes talk about tactics, strategy, formation, how he's planning to stop the opposition, what worked what didn't what he's planning to change etc etc - I mean stuff that you would hope he's talking about 90% of the time with the players ? Erm, no. It's invariably the same old "showing character", make ER a fortress, the teams goat goals in it, we need to train like Man Utd, pass like Barca and utter bull**** that we've heard for 15 months. It is mind-numbingly junk that you me or anyone else can come up with. And it ain't working.

If we're going to crap, lets at least have some HOPE. With this man in charge, there is none.

Albion Hibs
01-10-2010, 06:18 PM
But have we ever heard Hughes talk about tactics, strategy, formation, how he's planning to stop the opposition, what worked what didn't what he's planning to change etc etc - I mean stuff that you would hope he's talking about 90% of the time with the players ? Erm, no. It's invariably the same old "showing character", make ER a fortress, the teams goat goals in it, we need to train like Man Utd, pass like Barca and utter bull**** that we've heard for 15 months. It is mind-numbingly junk that you me or anyone else can come up with. And it ain't working.

If we're going to crap, lets at least have some HOPE. With this man in charge, there is none.

Good idea, talk tactics about the team you are going to be playing the weekend before you play them.

The problem is that any "journo" interviewing yogi will be doing so disappointed that he is not getting to cover the old firm. In addition to that he has to give stories for each days evening news, how much can you really say? Perhaps slighly different down south as teams generally play more games depending on the level, and will only play that team home and away.

I personally feel sorry for him talking to a bunch of people that are jealous they are not the ones getting to crawl around the old firm, and probably intentionally look to start something just to get a bit more attention.

PS I would not class E Cameron as a journalist, I would class him as a yam fud that has to much access to peoples ears.

poolman
01-10-2010, 06:43 PM

Oh dear :bitchy:

And the other part of the post

Oh dear again :bitchy:

SRHibs
01-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Oh dear :bitchy:

And the other part of the post

Oh dear again :bitchy:

Fantastic stuff.

Tricla
01-10-2010, 07:20 PM

:confused: Talk about our tactics openly in the media pre-match??!!?

Also, do you really think he isn't discussing this with the squad all week in training?

I really wish people would leave him the hell alone so that he can concentrate on getting us back on track.

The total and utter p*sh getting havered on here just now is becoming breathtakingly unbelievable.

:taxi for some of our support IMO.

Tricla
01-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Fantastic stuff.

Oh dear. :bitchy:

Dashing Bob S
01-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Basically, it seems that as fans we lap up any old she-ite a manager talks when our team is doing well, and it bugs the *uck out of us when they aren't.

There's little a manager can do except decline to speak to the media when things ain't going well. Otherwise: 1) positive and exhuberant equals deluded, 2) dour and grumpy equals defeatist 3) angry shows evidence of 'losing it' etc. But then, not talking to the media could equal 'hiding' and be construed as an 'embarrassment.'

Can't really understand the posters who seem to want measured, intellectual debate on something as passionate and, it has to be said, essentially dumb as football. Despite the pretensions of the *****tain parasites (no, not you Gary) who make a living from the game, PERFORMANCED BASED SPORT generally does not lend itself to that sort of intellectual analysis.

So win, lose or draw, don't expect Yogi and other managers not to spout the same old cliche-bound nonsense.

Basically, its all there is.

Tricla
01-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Basically, it seems that as fans we lap up any old she-ite a manager talks when our team is doing well, and it bugs the *uck out of us when they aren't.

There's little a manager can do except decline to speak to the media when things ain't going well. Otherwise: 1) positive and exhuberant equals deluded, 2) dour and grumpy equals defeatist 3) angry shows evidence of 'losing it' etc. But then, not talking to the media could equal 'hiding' and be construed as an 'embarrassment.'

Can't really understand the posters who seem to want measured, intellectual debate on something as passionate and, it has to be said, essentially dumb as football. Despite the pretensions of the *****tain parasites (no, not you Gary) who make a living from the game, PERFORMANCED BASED SPORT generally does not lend itself to that sort of intellectual analysis.

So win, lose or draw, don't expect Yogi and other managers not to spout the same old cliche-bound nonsense.

Basically, its all there is.

Agree with most of this Bob but the bit in bold doesn't apply to me and some others. I don't care what he says to the media or how he is perceived by them win lose or draw. I only care about his passion for the team/club (which cannot be faulted), how the team plays and what the results are. As I have said this is not going well just now and Yogi and the team (not just Nish and De Graaf) have been deserving of criticism.

Yogi has always been the same down to earth (both in nature and articulation), honest and hard working guy (he built a very good playing career on this) and people were happy with this and his interviews until we hit our bad patch. Now most people are picking at his sentence constructing capabilities or lack thereof and his use of cliches (bearing in mind he is a FOOTBALL MANAGER FFS) and using this to personally berate a guy who is a died in the wool Hibby and will be hurting enough without these 'supporters' getting on his case for not having an English masters!

I dearly, dearly hope he turns this around. It'll be awfully interesting to see what people have to say if he does.

If he doesn't turn it around, he'll eventually lose his job. However that will be based on poor results and will be sod all to do with his media clashes or his knowledge of oxymorons.

matty_f
01-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Agree with most of this Bob but the bit in bold doesn't apply to me and some others. I don't care what he says to the media or how he is perceived by them win lose or draw. I only care about his passion for the team/club (which cannot be faulted), how the team plays and what the results are. As I have said this is not going well just now and Yogi and the team (not just Nish and De Graaf) have been deserving of criticism.

Yogi has always been the same down to earth (both in nature and articulation), honest and hard working guy (he built a very good playing career on this) and people were happy with this and his interviews until we hit our bad patch. Now most people are picking at his sentence constructing capabilities or lack thereof and his use of cliches (bearing in mind he is a FOOTBALL MANAGER FFS) and using this to personally berate a guy who is a died in the wool Hibby and will be hurting enough without these 'supporters' getting on his case for not having an English masters!

I dearly, dearly hope he turns this around. It'll be awfully interesting to see what people have to say if he does.

If he doesn't turn it around, he'll eventually lose his job. However that will be based on poor results and will be sod all to do with his media clashes or his knowledge of oxymorons.

ronaldo7
01-10-2010, 08:05 PM

I had the pleasure of listening to a BBC Journo in an Hotel in Maribor, and he regailed(sp) us with a story of being at the "Team talk" on the Friday evening prior to the Scottish cup final when Yogi was at Falkirk.
He told us that it was the most inspirational talks he had "EVER" heard a team manager give to his team. Yogi covered every aspect of what would happen the following day. How his team would play, how the opposition would line up, what the dangers were, but most of all the positives of his own team. He finished off by saying that, by the end of the Team talk, he(the journo) felt like he could put on a strip and play for Yogi.

Anyone who watched the game will know that Falkirk got beat 1-0 by der hun, but definately deserved better.

GERRINTAETHUM YOGI SON.

Jonnyboy
01-10-2010, 08:53 PM

Nail, hammer, head Tricla :top marks:thumbsup:

killie-hibby
01-10-2010, 09:00 PM
The English media use Roddy Forsyth, I've heard him quite a lot on Five Live.

I believe he is Manchester based and would be embarrased to be associated as one of Chick Young's peers.

Removed
01-10-2010, 10:04 PM

Nail, hammer, head Tricla :top marks:thumbsup:

Great post Tricla :thumbsup:

Removed
01-10-2010, 10:07 PM
I had the pleasure of listening to a BBC Journo in an Hotel in Maribor, and he regailed(sp) us with a story of being at the "Team talk" on the Friday evening prior to the Scottish cup final when Yogi was at Falkirk.
He told us that it was the most inspirational talks he had "EVER" heard a team manager give to his team. Yogi covered every aspect of what would happen the following day. How his team would play, how the opposition would line up, what the dangers were, but most of all the positives of his own team. He finished off by saying that, by the end of the Team talk, he(the journo) felt like he could put on a strip and play for Yogi.

Anyone who watched the game will know that Falkirk got beat 1-0 by der hun, but definately deserved better.

GERRINTAETHUM YOGI SON.

I was talking to a ST holding Falkirk fan today and that very game came up. He said it was probably the best game they ever played under Yogi.