PDA

View Full Version : Kurtis Byrne

Keith_M
30-09-2010, 12:08 PM
It seems (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100929/kurtis-i-want-to-be-ready_2262950_2169175) Kurtis is doing really well in his loan spell at East Fife. Looks like it was a good idea to put him out there, especially to adapt him to the rigours of the senior game.

:thumbsup:

ano hibby
30-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Encouraging as you say.

bighairyfaeleith
30-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Any facts to back this claim up mate?

Not trying to be awkward, genuinely interested to hear how he is getting on.

WindyMiller
30-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Any facts to back this claim up mate?

Not trying to be awkward, genuinely interested to hear how he is getting on.

They seem to be in the original post.:wink:

bighairyfaeleith
30-09-2010, 01:27 PM
They seem to be in the original post.:wink:

sorry missed the link:doh:

Spike Mandela
30-09-2010, 01:36 PM
May have been a good idea and the lad seems to be benefiting from the move.

However, in hindsight he may have been getting a run in the Hibs team due to the sale of Stokes, the injury to Duffy and form of other strikers other than Riordan.

Glasgow Hibee
30-09-2010, 01:41 PM
May have been a good idea and the lad seems to be benefiting from the move.

However, in hindsight he may have been getting a run in the Hibs team due to the sale of Stokes, the injury to Duffy and form of other strikers other than Riordan.

Better off where he is I think. I doubt he would have played much in our first team and would not have been gaining the experience and the confidence boost that he is getting at East Fife. In the long run that will be of more use to us than him warming the bench and coming on for ten minutes here and there for us.

cockneymike
30-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Better off where he is I think. I doubt he would have played much in our first team and would not have been gaining the experience and the confidence boost that he is getting at East Fife. In the long run that will be of more use to us than him warming the bench and coming on for ten minutes here and there for us.

:agree:

Assuming he keeps this going by the time he comes back to ER in January he'll be much fitter, stronger, and streetwise; all of which he gets, away from the pressures of playing in an underperforming Hibs team. He could be like a new signing for us.

JimBHibees
01-10-2010, 08:31 AM
:agree:

Assuming he keeps this going by the time he comes back to ER in January he'll be much fitter, stronger, and streetwise; all of which he gets, away from the pressures of playing in an underperforming Hibs team. He could be like a new signing for us.

I would agree saw him against Livingston last Saturday and he looked ok without contributing too much. Took his goal well from a mistake by a defender. It will benefit him IMO to be playing regularly for a few months to get his confidence and sharpness up however I wouldnt underestimate the gap in standards between where he is playing and the SPL.