PDA

View Full Version : 'Petrie, sign him up!!'...

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-09-2010, 09:21 AM
Is it about time we got singing this at EVERY game with regards to Deeks?? The Man U fans sang it to Fergie when they were desperate to get Tevez signed up(im aware that it TOTALLY backfired and he is now knocking in goals for their biggest rivals)BUT at least they done something to let the club know how they felt. If Deeks is allowed to leave without our club putting up any kind of fight then my season card will be gettin the scissors. What do we all think? Or shall we jst remain silent?(inbetween the booing).

Andy74
30-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Is it about time we got singing this at EVERY game with regards to Deeks?? The Man U fans sang it to Fergie when they were desperate to get Tevez signed up(im aware that it TOTALLY backfired and he is now knocking in goals for their biggest rivals)BUT at least they done something to let the club know how they felt. If Deeks is allowed to leave without our club putting up any kind of fight then my season card will be gettin the scissors. What do we all think? Or shall we jst remain silent?(inbetween the booing).

Do you have any idea about the things you are suggesting? What discussions have taen place so far? What are Hibs offering? What is Derek wanting?

The Tevez thing sums it up. The manager and the club knew better than the fans what the position was and where the value was to be had and they didn't cross it.

Hibs90
30-09-2010, 09:27 AM
After every Deek goal :agree:

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Do you have any idea about the things you are suggesting? What discussions have taen place so far? What are Hibs offering? What is Derek wanting?

The Tevez thing sums it up. The manager and the club knew better than the fans what the position was and where the value was to be had and they didn't cross it.

WOW, tough morning?! I know that our best player is out of contract very soon and has yet to sign a new deal. Thats enough for me to be honest mate.

Are u honestly suggesting Man U made the correct decision regarding Tevez?!?!lol He's runnin wild with Man City. Man U would have won the league lst season with Tevez in their side so therefore probably lost more money than it would have cost to have jst signed him in the first place. Terrible decision by Man U not to sign him, 67,000 fans knew it at the time and I imagine the "manager and the club" now see that as welll...

Ritchie
30-09-2010, 09:55 AM
:hijack:

Dave, ginger brad sits infront of us in the east! :greengrin

500miles
30-09-2010, 09:57 AM
If Derek Riordan wants to sign, then he'll sign. It's just that simple.

Andy74
30-09-2010, 09:58 AM
WOW, tough morning?! I know that our best player is out of contract very soon and has yet to sign a new deal. Thats enough for me to be honest mate.

Are u honestly suggesting Man U made the correct decision regarding Tevez?!?!lol He's runnin wild with Man City. Man U would have won the league lst season with Tevez in their side so therefore probably lost more money than it would have cost to have jst signed him in the first place. Terrible decision by Man U not to sign him, 67,000 fans knew it at the time and I imagine the "manager and the club" now see that as welll...

So do you know if the lack of signing is due to Hibs?

Should your song equally be Derek sign the deal?

I think things like this are a bit cringeworthy when we have no idea what these stage these things are at and who is offering or wanting what.

As for Tevez Fergie still maintains the deal was not value and despite him doing well at Man city I'd tend to agree.

green&left
30-09-2010, 10:04 AM

I think things like this are a bit cringeworthy when we have no idea what these stage these things are at and who is offering or wanting what.

As for Tevez Fergie still maintains the deal was not value and despite him doing well at Man city I'd tend to agree.

From the rumour I was told on Saturday in a Glasgow pub it appears so. Was told Derek won't be offered a contract by Yogi after an apparent bust-up between Hughes and Riordan after the St Mirren game. Make of that what you will....

Sandy
30-09-2010, 10:06 AM

And you of course Andy know it isn't :rolleyes: Live with it, the fans want Derek to stay, no deal has been put to him from the club THAT WE KNOW OF, though sources close to the lad confirm this. We as a club cannot afford to lose our most prolific striker in decades and expect to come out of it better in a football sense. Yes if Derek wants 10k a week we can't afford that, but we NEED to offer him the best deal WE CAN AFFORD, end of story.

bawheid
30-09-2010, 10:10 AM
From the rumour I was told on Saturday in a Glasgow pub it appears so. Was told Derek won't be offered a contract by Yogi after an apparent bust-up between Hughes and Riordan after the St Mirren game. Make of that what you will....

:rolleyes:

BroxburnHibee
30-09-2010, 10:15 AM

Its a rumour..........I'll make of that what I will. :aok:

Andy74
30-09-2010, 10:30 AM
And you of course Andy know it isn't :rolleyes: Live with it, the fans want Derek to stay, no deal has been put to him from the club THAT WE KNOW OF, though sources close to the lad confirm this. We as a club cannot afford to lose our most prolific striker in decades and expect to come out of it better in a football sense. Yes if Derek wants 10k a week we can't afford that, but we NEED to offer him the best deal WE CAN AFFORD, end of story.

What a strange way to approach things.

You don't know anything, so choose to accept one side of it.

Beefster
30-09-2010, 10:40 AM
Judging by the growing hysteria on here about Riordan's contract, I'll more than likely be avoiding this place for a month next summer.

If letting Riordan go is one of the things (in a long, long list) that it takes to make Hibs better, there will be no complaints here.

Beefster
30-09-2010, 10:41 AM

I'm fairly sure that's not true.

Andy74
30-09-2010, 11:58 AM
Judging by the growing hysteria on here about Riordan's contract, I'll more than likely be avoiding this place for a month next summer.

If letting Riordan go is one of the things (in a long, long list) that it takes to make Hibs better, there will be no complaints here.

It's already like stepping back a few years on here in a number of ways.

Whispering campaigns, hysteria, abuse of people with a different view, posts getting targetted and personal, supporting anything to do with the club or people in it being a bad thing.

Maybe best to do the avoiding now I think!

lyonhibs
30-09-2010, 12:03 PM

:hmmm:

If the board doesn't know that Hibs fans want Deeks to stay (and I absolutely do) then they should all be fired. Even if they didn't know about the fans, the footballing ability side of things, and how much of an absolute necessity he is to the team, never mind the fans, will also be obvious, assuming Petrie's eyes face outwards.

If Deeks isn't offered a decent contract, then we'll know about it and all hell will break loose, but I don't think a few Hibs fans giving Petrie business advice is likely to be the deciding (or indeed any sort of) factor in the process.

Pretty Boy
30-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Based on footballing ability Derek Riordan should be offered a new contract and be the highest paid player at the club. It really is that simple.

If he isn't offered a new contract then we can only assume that something has happened behind the scenes that has had some effect on the working relationship between Deek and Hughes/Petrie or both.

Until such time as he signs a pre contract with another club, is out of contract or is sold then we should probably just sit tight before jumping to any conclusions.

Sandy
30-09-2010, 12:18 PM
What a strange way to approach things.

You don't know anything, so choose to accept one side of it.

I said that sources close to Derek have said a contract has not been offered to him, are you calling them liars ?

I'm fairly sure that's not true.

Name a striker in the past 3 decades at ER who was more prolific.

marinello59
30-09-2010, 12:21 PM
I said that sources close to Derek have said a contract has not been offered to him, are you calling them liars ?

Are they saying that no contact has been made at all between his agent and the club? (Bring back the days of no agents, lace up fitba's, low paid contracts for life etc etc etc.:greengrin)

Andy74
30-09-2010, 12:38 PM

Listen, if Derek Riordan told me himself that he didn't have a contract offer yet I'd still want to hear what Hibs had to say on it, and vice versa for that matter, before I could begin to figure out what the real picture was.

Danderhall Hibs
30-09-2010, 12:45 PM

Did they tell you if Riordan (or his agent) have made any contact with Hibs? I'd imagine if he was despoerate to sign he'd have asked the question?

Dunbar Hibee
30-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Derek has also came out and said he is desperate to stay...good enough for me..

Ray_
30-09-2010, 01:01 PM
It's already like stepping back a few years on here in a number of ways.

Whispering campaigns, hysteria, abuse of people with a different view, posts getting targetted and personal, supporting anything to do with the club or people in it being a bad thing.

Maybe best to do the avoiding now I think!

1] The highlighted bit is rich coming from you.

2] Of course Fergie would say that the deal wasn't value for money, it's well known that he very rarely admits mistakes. With Man U's biggest failing last season only having Rooney scoring regularly, it is very likely a decision that cost them the title & therefore it cost them considerbly cash than the outlay of the said contract.

marinello59
30-09-2010, 01:02 PM
Derek has also came out and said he is desperate to stay...good enough for me..

Has he actually said that? Not doubting it, I just haven't actually seen that interview. If that's the case I would expect his agent has given Hibs an indication of what the player would like to remain with us. Fingers crossed.

Dunbar Hibee
30-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Has he actually said that? Not doubting it, I just haven't actually seen that interview. If that's the case I would expect his agent has given Hibs an indication of what the player would like to remain with us. Fingers crossed.

There's been a couple times I think, definitely after the Motherwell game he was interviewed and said of course he wanted to stay, because he is a Hibs fan. Hibs need to get the finger out on this one..

bawheid
30-09-2010, 01:15 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8913355.stm

However, we know from past experience that it's one thing when a player says he wants to stay, but it's quite different when it comes down to agreeing a contract.

Brown and Thomson both said they wanted to stay. If Hibs offered them £20k per week...

marinello59
30-09-2010, 01:18 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8913355.stm

However, we know from past experience that it's one thing when a player says he wants to stay, but it's quite different when it comes down to agreeing a contract.

Brown and Thomson both said they wanted to stay. If Hibs offered them £20k per week...

:agree:
Aye, there's a difference between being desperate to stay and saying they'd like to stay.

Littlest Hobo
30-09-2010, 01:18 PM
I'd love it if derek signed a new contract but I really don't think he will. I think he's too good a player now and needs to be surrounding himself with better quality than he' currently is at Hibs.

If he is going to move on, I'd like to see him move down south to the premiership.

Say a Newcastle, Sunderland ???

Who knows he might even get a call from Craig :grr::greengrin

HibbyAndy
30-09-2010, 01:27 PM

There will be complaints from me because without Riordan hibs are relegation material At this moment in time IMO.

Who would we rely on to score the goals. Nish and who else?.

Andy74
30-09-2010, 01:59 PM

Sorry, who do I ever target for anyhting?

I don't care who I'm replying to, just the same to me. Some I recall what their general views are most I don't.

Some though see certain posters and go after them, make assumptions about where they are coming from and then as in times like now you get the do you work for Hibs, are you Hughes are you Petrie nonsense.

For me a discussion is just that and then it's done, some though seem to get upset that some people actually argue against the general tide and feel they shouldn't keep defending the same point even though the same opposing points are made hour after hour.

Riordans Boots
30-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Based on footballing ability Derek Riordan should be offered a new contract and be the highest paid player at the club. It really is that simple.

If he isn't offered a new contract then we can only assume that something has happened behind the scenes that has had some effect on the working relationship between Deek and Hughes/Petrie or both.

Until such time as he signs a pre contract with another club, is out of contract or is sold then we should probably just sit tight before jumping to any conclusions.

Just curious, was Stokes the highest paid player before going to the Smellies
and if not Stokes - who is our highest paid player :dunno:

Beefster
30-09-2010, 04:47 PM

Name a striker in the past 3 decades at ER who was more prolific.

Prolific? Stokes and Killen?

Riordan's an important player for us, he's scored a bundle of goals and he could be described as 'prolific' but he's not the most prolific we've had.

Beefster
30-09-2010, 04:52 PM
There will be complaints from me because without Riordan hibs are relegation material At this moment in time IMO.

Who would we rely on to score the goals. Nish and who else?.

Whoever is signed or brought through to replace him. In the last decade, we've had Mixu, Fletcher, O'Connor, Killen and Stokes who have scored the same kind of numbers as Riordan.

BTW, I'm not saying I want him to go - only that, if it's necessary from the club's viewpoint, so be it.

California-Hibs
30-09-2010, 05:37 PM
I'll be singing it. The guys class and the board need to know how we feel! Sometimes we are far too quiet in letting the board know what we want. Sorry i take that back, we are top of the 'BOOOOing League' :rolleyes:

Lago
30-09-2010, 06:14 PM
There's been a couple times I think, definitely after the Motherwell game he was interviewed and said of course he wanted to stay, because he is a Hibs fan. Hibs need to get the finger out on this one..

Seem to remember he said much the same the last time before he shot off and signed for Celtic.

TornadoHibby
30-09-2010, 06:49 PM

2] Of course Fergie would say that the deal wasn't value for money, it's well known that he very rarely admits mistakes. With Man U's biggest failing last season only having Rooney scoring regularly, it is very likely a decision that cost them the title & therefore it cost them considerbly cash than the outlay of the said contract.

Wot he said! :top marks

TornadoHibby
30-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Seem to remember he said much the same the last time before he shot off and signed for Celtic.

Are you sure about that? :hmmm: :dunno:

Duffys13
30-09-2010, 06:53 PM

What are the chances though that Deek will outlast Hughes. I wonder

Aldo
30-09-2010, 06:57 PM
The best and most talented finisher in the SPL IMHO. His goal on sat proved that. Left peg, right peg....expect the unexpected when it comes to deek.

That is priceless and if the rumours are true and he wants to stay then get him signed up.

I know they say no player is bigger than a club but neither is the manager. If Hughes cannot see that Deek is an exceptional talen and put be behind what is happened then he will off.

I for one want deek to stay endof....he is coming into his prime and want him to continue to bang in the goals for the Hibs.

For me if its a choice between Hughes or Deek ....I would take Deek every time.

emmjayfox
30-09-2010, 07:04 PM
maybe the two off them will be offski, i would reckon its actually the board that decides if a player wi deeks capabilities/price actually stays or goes. IMO

Dashing Bob S
30-09-2010, 07:10 PM
It's pretty simple the way I see it. If the club don't offer him another contract, they will be lacking in ambition as they won't be able to replace him with better at the price.

In which case they will sell fewer tickets for games. (I'll probably cut back to about 2/3rds to 1/2 of the games I'll attend watching Duffy and Nish spearheading us.)

if Hughes doesn't want him due to some arguement, it's clearthat he can't shed the 'these boys far Drylaw pulled us up ootside the chippy back in 79' nonsense and isn't up to the job.

Sort out Hibs - you really are treading on thin ice with a large section of your support on this one. Or you may think 5,000 look good in that stadium.